Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, jazzpno said:

Oakville, I absolutely LOVE how you sneak these little tidbits of humor in your daily recaps! Don't think I missed last week's reference to Joe's constipation due to his being full of shit!

Trump manages to act like an adult for exactly three consecutive hours every month, and people act like he's a changed man. Remember all of the praise after the SOTU address? Remember when it took him 3 or 4 days to shoot that goodwill to hell?

I agree. I think his tweets are dangerous, not to mention petty, childish and unpresidential.

I see fashionable jackets all over the place. Can't Mika have an assistant pick up a couple for her?

I didn't get your drift, so I thought you were taking about Joe's son! LOL!!

Thanks  JAZZPNO.! I am always curious if anyone pays attention to my  jokes.

Trump has set very low standards for Presidential behavior. I used to watch him on the Apprentice & he seemed to be better behaved back then.

I do wonder if Joe's recent anti Trump comments have been inspired by his desire to stay in Mika's good graces. ?

• Love 5

Wednesday recap. Mika & Joe are color co ordinated today in sweaters. It's late June!. Time to put on your LL Bean avy sweater.

The panel is happy that the GOP health care bill failed.

Joe said the GOP should stop being thuggish with Dean Heller.

Joe said he led the revolt against Newt Gingrich when he was mean to someone who was part of his caucus.

Joe said the GOP doesn't care about healthcare but they want tax cuts for the rich.

Joe is repeating his rants from earlier this week.

Mika is downplaying the CNN report on Russia that led to 3 resignations from staff.

• Love 2

Mika & Joe defeded the press. barnicle said that when the media makes a mistake , they get reported!. Barnicle did not discuss the plagiarism scandal that cost him his job.

They discussed the fake Time Magazine cover at the Trump resorts.

Joe made a fake GQ cover which was hilarious. The following appeared on the Cover page:

10 must have sweaters for summer

Roll Tide

Stunningly Superficial.

Our Man of the Year Again

He's already made America Great Again

Mystefied Tops the Charts.

No Average Joe.

For once, Mika was not on the cover with him.

• Love 3

Meek-a sports sleeveless dresses all winter, then bundles up in sweaters on (nearly) the Fourth of July.  She's in a climate controlled studio; I don't get the argument that the studio lights are hot, that the AC is cranked too high.  Maybe they're secretly broadcasting from Australia; then it might make sense.

• Love 2

The lovebirds' matchy-matchy outfits have got to be a joke, right?  They must be yanking our chains, right?  Because two middle-aged supposed adults on a TV "news" show would not show up to work in color co-ordinated outfits like identical twins from the 1950's.  Right?

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

The lovebirds' matchy-matchy outfits have got to be a joke, right?  They must be yanking our chains, right?  Because two middle-aged supposed adults on a TV "news" show would not show up to work in color co-ordinated outfits like identical twins from the 1950's.  Right?

I agree that the color co ordinated couple is odd. The good news is that Joe isn't wearing his fleece as much. He looked like a slob.

Joe defended the tough criticism of Trump because it's good for ratings

• Love 1

And it's not like he has breaking news, he just wants to babble about something stupid.

He just said that the State Department is rotting under Tillerson.  I had a chuckle at that verb usage.

Somebody tell me who it is Sara Huckabee-Sanders looks like? Some celebrity or something--it's been driving me nuts for weeks.  "Huckabee" is such a goofy, Mayberry-esque name. Speaking of names, Evelyn Farkas, (who is wearing a pretty dress) and is in her late 30s/early 40s, her name always sounds to me like I'm going to see this old ugly battleaxe.  

Ok the peals of laughter and incredulity over Trumps fake Time magazine cover.  Really?  You are amazed over this?  My worry is that the media is going on and on about all these trivial things about Trump and his egomaniacal personality and his lies and obfuscations to prop up his image, that everyone is getting immune to and will miss the big giant point that Trump, Bannon et al, and the Republican party are trying to ruin our country (IMHO, of course)

• Love 2

Ok the peals of laughter and incredulity over Trumps fake Time magazine cover.  Really?  You are amazed over this?  My worry is that the media is going on and on about all these trivial things about Trump and his egomaniacal personality and his lies and obfuscations to prop up his image, that everyone is getting immune to and will miss the big giant point that Trump, Bannon et al, and the Republican party are trying to ruin our country (IMHO, of course)

I think the media is bringing it up because Trump and his people call them fake, but he's so egotistical he makes fake Time Magazine covers.  Why not just use one you were actually on? 

Sarah Huckabee Sanders makes me want to punch the tv.   Her self righteous bullshit is just like her gross father.   She staged that whole bit yesterday with a reporter from a friendly news outlet so that she could spend five minutes blasting the press.  The reporter that called her out on it was right.  The Administration's job is not to spend 24-7 trying to cover up Trump's bullshit and spin lies to make it look like any one of them have the slightest idea what the fuck they're doing. They seem to think this is some free ride to fame and fortune. You  assholes work for US, and the press is our way of making sure you do your jobs. 

• Love 12

Just when I feel like I can almost stomach Joe (the bit about him on the GQ cover was kind of funny, especially the "stunningly superficial" caption), he goes and wrecks it all by lying about the way the Democrats passed the ACA. Yes, the final version of the bill WAS passed through reconciliation, but he knows damn well the original version went through the normal Senate process and garnered the requisite 60 votes. The Senator from Connecticut was right, and Joe went about making him look like a liar after he had left the show and couldn't set the record straight.

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Somebody tell me who it is Sara Huckabee-Sanders looks like

I think SH-S is what Marie Osmond would look like without all the Botox, fillers, surgery.

• Love 8

Sarah Huckabee Sanders makes me want to punch the tv.   Her self righteous bullshit is just like her gross father.   She staged that whole bit yesterday with a reporter from a friendly news outlet so that she could spend five minutes blasting the press.  The reporter that called her out on it was right.  The Administration's job is not to spend 24-7 trying to cover up Trump's bullshit and spin lies to make it look like any one of them have the slightest idea what the fuck they're doing. They seem to think this is some free ride to fame and fortune. You  assholes work for US, and the press is our way of making sure you do your jobs. 

The idea of her *WHINING* that the government is held to the standard of telling the truth - which Joe correctly pointed out, the administration just doesn't do - makes my blood boil. Kudos to the Sentinel reporter for shooting that shit down.

I love it when the show calls her shit out. I am NO Spicer fan, but I wonder if his irritation and rage may be coming from, at least a little bit, resentment that they're sending him out to lie. He had a decent career before this shitshow serving as spokesman for different government positions, so he knows how it is done. (Again - not excusing him, he should just quit.)  

BUT - the ease with which Sanders lies or obfuscates when she does these press conferences or show appearances just shocks me. I sincerely think she might be a psychopath in the clinical sense of the term. Given that her brother once hanged a stray dog for fun, it doesn't seem that that family is the most mentally healthy.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I think the media is bringing it up because Trump and his people call them fake, but he's so egotistical he makes fake Time Magazine covers.  Why not just use one you were actually on? 

Exactly.  And, the rest of the journalists in that room need to grow a fucking backbone and take lessons on how to read a heinous heifer's lying ass for FILTH without stooping to her pay grade.  I can't stand that conk-eyed bitch, who looks as if her parents are actually siblings.  Which begs me to question yet again:  where did she come from to land such a (formerly) prestigious gig.  The woman claims to be unsure about the veracity of a video by political huckster James O'Keefe, yet she wasted no time in exhorting the audience to watch it.  I never thought I would see the day when I would prefer to have Spicer doing the pressers.  The panel did a good job of reminding viewers of how far his stock fell from the very first day when he was ordered to appear before an audience and stridently lie about the crowd size of the inauguration.  He even had the cheek to lie about Metro ridership that day and only backed off on that ridiculous claim when Metro released its own ridership numbers which were far below those touted by the mis-administration.

I agree that the panel was right to bring up that Drumpf fake Time Magazine cover.  It goes beyond poking fun at a malignant narcissist; it's to highlight the hypocrisy of those shrieking about "fake news," while they have no compunction about creating their own alternate reality and then getting pissy because folks aren't buying it.  I also enjoyed the discussion about how our institutions, particularly the Fourth Estate, is being systematically attacked and how a part of this is strategic.  And, yes, Joe--keep mentioning "President Bannon's" strategy because I have no doubt that that is who behind all of this.

However, I have to take away half a point for Joe crowing about his GQ cover and Meek-a rhapsodizing how "hot" her man is.  Girl, please.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

However, I have to take away half a point for Joe crowing about his GQ cover and Meek-a rhapsodizing how "hot" her man is.  Girl, please.

Did you notice how the camera cut to Willie during this display and he gave a "Jim from 'The Office'" knowing look to the camera? They've done this a few times in the past week when the lovebirds are getting a little yucky. Willie is our stand-in.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Somebody tell me who it is Sara Huckabee-Sanders looks like? Some celebrity or something--it's been driving me nuts for weeks. 

2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I think SH-S is what Marie Osmond would look like without all the Botox, fillers, surgery.

I think there's a resemblance to a young Julia Sweeney (from her SNL days).

• Love 2

3 HOURS AGO, WHINEANDCHEEZ SAID:

Somebody tell me who it is Sara Huckabee-Sanders looks like? Some celebrity or something--it's been driving me nuts for weeks. 

2 HOURS AGO, LADYRAIN SAID:

I think there's a resemblance to a young Julia Sweeney (from her SNL days).

OH MY GOD--I just realized who it was I was thinking of.  First, I have to say this was not a political setup question-- but its MONICA LEWINSKY!!! Holy Cow she looks so much like Monica Lewinsky! Same body size too.  Weird, huh??

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Meek-a rhapsodizing how "hot" her man is.

I talk about them like they're normal, but gawd almighty I still can't wrap my head around this pair as a 'thing'.  I honestly truly cannot.  The whole thing is just squicky.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I talk about them like they're normal, but gawd almighty I still can't wrap my head around this pair as a 'thing'.  I honestly truly cannot.  The whole thing is just squicky.

Thinking of them as a 'thing' is one thing, but the thought of them actually getting married is what freaks me out.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe are color co ordinated today in sweaters. It's late June!.

I was just in Nantucket.  They call June "Junuary" there.  It was in the 50s and 60s.  Ergo the sweaters?

5 minutes ago, cased said:

Thinking of them as a 'thing' is one thing, but the thought of them actually getting married is what freaks me out.

I hear ya.  My fervent hope is that they tie the knot quietly one of these weekends, with no fanfare whatsoever.  If there is a buildup to The Grand Nuptials I will go beserk because the whole affair (in every sense of the word) is so unsettling. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Did you notice how the camera cut to Willie during this display and he gave a "Jim from 'The Office'" knowing look to the camera? They've done this a few times in the past week when the lovebirds are getting a little yucky. Willie is our stand-in.

I know, right?!  It's gratifying to know that there are others out there who are just as nonplussed by this pairing as I am.  Has anyone actually congratulated them--and meant it?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I don't get the argument that the studio lights are hot,

TV studio lights can burn above 1,000' Fahrenheit.   TV sets can be extremely hot, so they really cool the air.

• Love 2

I don't know what the hell has come over me, but now that I know they are officially a couple, I suddenly find them totes adorbs.  Someone snap me out of it!

It's like the horrible roadside accident that you drive past, but cannot help but looking a.t

• Love 8
9 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Exactly.  And, the rest of the journalists in that room need to grow a fucking backbone and take lessons on how to read a heinous heifer's lying ass for FILTH without stooping to her pay grade.  I can't stand that conk-eyed bitch, who looks as if her parents are actually siblings.  

???????

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Landsnark said:

I was just in Nantucket.  They call June "Junuary" there.  It was in the 50s and 60s.  Ergo the sweaters?

Ha!. Mika is wearing a new pink top from Vineyard Vines with a whale on it. Joe is wearing  a maroon sweater. It looks like they are headed to nantucket after the show. Do Mika & Joe get a private jet ?

• Love 1
(edited)

Thursday recap. The big discussions are health care. Joe continued his rat against the GOP for cutting medicaid.

Joe wants a bi partisan solution.

Joe said health care is too expensive.

Mika moaned at polls showing the GOP plan at 12 % support.

Joe blasted his former BFF Jared Kushner for trying to tell Rex Tillerson what to do at the State Dept. Tillerson is mad at Jared for not letting him pick his own staff.

Joe blasted Trump for not listening to Rex. Joe wants Rex to quit & let Jared be SOS>

This is hilarious. Joe was touting Jared as a golden child in January & February. Jared won the election for Trump etc. ow Joe said Jared is over his head.

The panel was excited about Joe's fake GQ cover.

Joe was mad at some unflattering camera shots.

The panel is busy discussing twitter.  Halperin doesn't understand why people attack their media friends on twitter.

The panel was excited about Bret Stephens joining MSNBC. He is a Never Trumper so he will fit in well. He doesn't use twitter or a razor because people were mean to him. His beard is a mess.

Mika is mad at Trump for all his nasty tweets.

Joe said he is very popular on twitter. Joe doesn't pay attention to critics.

That's hilarious. After the New Year eve debacle at Mar A Largo, Joe went ballistic at the NY Times writer who took his picture at the party.  Shake My Head. Joe takes cheap shots at people all the time on twitter.

They are now playing clips from Joe's hit album Mystefied.

There is a small boy on the set who likes his dad Bret. Mika is cooing at the boy.

Bret said he was a true conservative.

Bret  said the media is more unpopular than Trump.

Joe said he was right about Trump rising in the polls since the summer of 2015.

Joe said the press didn't take Trump seriously & focused on trivialities.

Joe blasted the media for being in a bubble & not taking Trump seriously.

Edited by oakville
spelling
  • Love 3

Joe said no one trusts the media because they were wrong about Trump since 2015.

Kristen Solis ! said the media should stop focusing on Trump's time magazine fake covers & the dumb things that Trump does.

Kristen said the media is focused on making fun of Trump. I wonder if she realizes that the focus of Morning Joe for the past few months has been on making fun of Trump.

Mika ignored Kristen & said hat Trump hasn't got anything done.

• Love 3

Heilemann is upset that Trump is calling the Russia- TRump collusion is a hoax. Everyone knows that Trump is a Russian agent !LOL!

Mika is moaning about Trump that the country is going into ruins under Trump. The only safe place is Martha's Vineyard which is a Trump free zone.

Joe told Mika that he wasn't fighting with her but kept interrupting her.

Mika is mad at the Cubs for showing up at the White House. They were hostages!

Bret said Trump is going to have a new season of the Apprentice.

Mika & Joe started flirting with each other agressively at the 7 o clock intro. I suspect they will get all cuddly by 8 o clock. They might disapear for some couples time & let Willie do the rest of the show.

Mika is fed up with Trump & called the GOP plan dumb. Joe is banging his hands on the desk while Mika is speaking.

Joe is mocking Mika & reading the news in Mika's voice! Joe is slurring his words ad calling him Halpurrrn.

• Love 2

Whatta recap, oakville!! Help yourself to a hot shower and a cigarette!

At about 7:20, Barnicle said that if the Republicans pass this bill they may as well don Kamakazee suits because they will all be shot down in the 2018 elections. Really? Look at what this egotistical buffoon called Trump is doing and he still has the support of about around 35% of all people polled.  

I think this entire show has lost the right to predict anything anymore.  It seems the "quantum mechanics" of politics have changed.  The office of the Presidency has traditionally been held by a person you could respect (give and take--yeah Clinton was a sex addict) but all is different now and I assume will be so going forward. There are too many people who will vote Republican even if Pol Pot or Idi Amin was the candidate.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, captain1 said:

I don't know what the hell has come over me, but now that I know they are officially a couple, I suddenly find them totes adorbs.  Someone snap me out of it!

Two images immediately come to mind, captain1--Cher's character in Moonstruck and that long line of passengers in Airplane. :)

oakville, your recaps are a thing of beauty. The image of Joe and Mika disappearing for "couples time" and leaving Willie to stare at the camera--priceless.

I even liked the typo about Joe continuing his "rat" against the GOP. Now I have an image of Joe using a puppet (the way Craig Ferguson used to) for his rants.

And if Martha's Vineyard is indeed a Trump-free zone, sign me up!

• Love 6

Oh I now see the tweets are breaking news. Just wow.  CNN is covering the tweets with a panel discussion. I kinda hope our dynamic duo are off tomorrow, safely ensconced in Nantucket for the long weekend. No one should have to respond to such childish and mean language. 

I guess Trump has moved on from calling women fat pigs. Now when he wants to insult them, they're bleeding.

First off, if Mika's face was truly bleeding from a face lift, which I sincerely doubt, why would she go out in public? 

What brought all this on? It's not like they haven't been insulting him non stop for the last six months.  Did he accidentally roll over on the remote last night and switch it to MSNBC when he got up this morning? 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, xaxat said:

That's a great troll by Mika

I think so too, says so much with so little

Btw I just saw on twitter that Hannity is back to obsessing over Morning Joe as well, apparently made another segment again about the show last night. These people are insane.

(edited)

Mika's succinct twitter response: https://twitter.com/morningmika/status/880415526371176448

Read down her reader's replies.  It is a veritable Encyclopedia of GIFS!  I wanna learn how to make them  (is it hard?) Mika IS ALLOWED to get a facelift!!!  Most women in the public eye do!! She has even talked about it in one of her books (I have heard)  I am sure Melania has never had any procedure, filler or Botox (snerk--although she does look lovely.  I would help organize her rescue party, but Grrrl walked right into this marriage open-eyed)

edited to add after reading comments on NBC head's tweet:

After all he's done, he can still shock me. He's literally cyberbullying as POTUS. I just can't anymore.

Cool, now Melania can handle her own husband, since cyber-bullying is her "platform" 

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 5
(edited)

I like the PR guy from NBC's response. "Beneath my dignity" indeed. Trump is beneath  the dignity of all of this country

John Bergman had to read those tweets aloud on CNN. He could barely get the words out.  

Edited by novhappy
Clarification
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe blasted his former BFF Jared Kushner for trying to tell Rex Tillerson what to do at the State Dept. Tillerson is mad at Jared for not letting him pick his own staff.

Joe blasted Trump for not listening to Rex. Joe wants Rex to quit & let Jared be SOS>

This is hilarious. Joe was touting Jared as a golden child in January & February. Jared won the election for Trump etc. ow Joe said Jared is over his head.

Thank you, Oakville, for your spot-on recap.  The above perfectly illustrates why I just can't with Joe and Meek-a sometimes.  It wasn't that long ago when he and Meek-a were touting the Kushners as a Washington power couple, who were blessed with good looks (beauty is, indeed, in the eye of the beholder), brains (cough! cough!) and the ability to reign Drumpf in (an epic fail).  Fast forward a few months later, and Jared is now a 38-year-old punk kid trying to tell the 60-something "accomplished" Tillerson what to do.  I get it.  But, missing in all this bleating is the fact that Tillerson has no more experience at his job than that smug punk kid does.  He's accomplished as a businessman and has none of the skill set required of a Secretary of State.

• Love 6

Mika made a crack on Morning Joe this am - they again brought up the Time cover for cripes sakes - about not seeing Trump's hand on the cover because they're so small. As soon as she said that I thought, good thing Trump doesn't watch this show anymore because he's gonna lose his shit. But I guess he does watch. Or someone told him about it.

I gotta say, I winced a little when she said it. It was like when Rubio decided to get as gross and dirty as Trump. In general I think "when they go low, we go high" is inapplicable to the Trump crowd, but the small hands are the least of his issues.

Between Kristin Soltis Andersen and Brett Stephens, the first hour today was "Soulless Republican Hack Hour." Anderson especially since her "polls" are usually designed to prop up Republican candidates. But even she can't spin the numbers on this health care bill for her team.

• Love 5

I think Mika & Joe have been trying to provoke Trump for weeks now with personal insults.

Hannity did another segment on Liberal Joe  last night & mocked Joe's band.

I suspect Trump watched it & retaliated today. 

I do agree that it was ridiculous for Mika & Joe to try and party for 3 nights at Mar A Largo. The original reports were that it was one quick visit to get an interview.

Mika shouldn't be partying with Trump while recovering from surgery

• Love 1