Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

The group this morning made a salient point.  "Imagine if Obama had done... "  Just take a moment and imagine if Obama's press office: Misspelled official messages, graphics, and printed materials all the time.  The base of Trump's support that refuse to be moved by misspellings would break their ankles leaping to declare Obama's press office as "lazy" and "uneducated" (and I'm being super careful and polite) with every ounce of the connotations you'd assume regarding racial stereotypes.  It wouldn't be the polite hum you hear from Morning Joe, it'd be a deafening roar repeated and repeated and repeated.  Same circumstance... silence.
Imagine if Obama's press office:  Lied.  Routinely.  About observably known facts.  We're now talking impeachment 24/7.  Illegitimate President.  The visceral hate from the right would subsume all right wing media constantly and forever. 
Imagine if Obama had an off-the-record meeting with Putin, who he wouldn't condemn for helping him beat Romney, and when pressed about the content of the secret meeting, said to Fox News:  You're a liar, the media are liars, it's none of your business what was discussed, I'm the President.   Just imagine.

The derision, the anger, the media coverage isn't even at a high enough pitch yet.
Today the crew mentioned a list of Fox News reporters who have had enough of the press office.  I doubt that will show up on Fox News anecdotally, but even their work-a-day reporters are turning away.

Republicans were losing their shit when President Obama said at a summit in South Korea to Medvedev, "after the election, I'll have more flexibility."   He was merely discussing the missile situation in Europe.  Now the GOP is basically running a Russia 4 Ever Fan Club.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I saw what you did there.....

I was on the beach for 2 days, and coming back and starting up with the news again was enlightening. I could see clearly that every single day as long as Trump is in power will be the same.  News will pick on every single thing Trump does, because in comparison with former Presidents every single thing Trump does is ego-driven and mostly appalling, but in this new paradigm it's business as usual, Trump won't change and we will slowly, depressingly  march toward either 1) impeachment, 2) his resignation when his taxes are required to be released 3) election in 4 years of someone else.

I think they are covering very important issues.  And I won't be depressed if we march toward impeachment.  I wish we could pick up the pace.  LOL  

I have purchased a few of Ivanka's dresses in the past, but refuse to put a penny in her "traitor purse" since all of the Russia stuff has been disclosed.  

I think the health-care talk is very important too.

I just get weary of all the Clinton comparisons.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jeann said:

How is that even remotely in the same vicinity ? He is the PRESIDENT having secret talks with the president of the country that disrupted our elections last year, the country that his campaign is suspected to have colluded with.

Joe S. and Mika are hosts of a morning show and don't own anyone accountability as to where they are.

In no way or shape or form are these two instances even remotely similar.

I agree.  No comparison.

Trump never has been nor will he ever be a brilliant communicator.  He has the vocabulary of a 6 year old, and the demeanor to match.  It needs to be focused on.

I'm disgusted Trump was able to talk to Putin without an American translator, and I hope every news show just keeps all of this Russia stuff in the forefront.  To me, it's the most important news going on right now, especially since healthcare is basically dead.

• Love 10

Today the crew mentioned a list of Fox News reporters who have had enough of the press office.  I doubt that will show up on Fox News anecdotally, but even their work-a-day reporters are turning away.

When MSNBC, CNN, POTUS and Progressive channels (All on Sirius) are on commercial I will reluctantly press the FOX button.  Last week I heard someone criticizing Trump and I thought I had pressed the wrong button. Maybe there's hope?

• Love 1
(edited)

Today's transcript of Mika & Joe on Trump's "secret" meeting with  Putin

The full exchange went as follows:

MIKA BRZEZINSKI:...President Trump reacted with anger, calling the report sick, insisting the press knew and said "Even a dinner arranged for top 20 leaders in Germany is made to look sinister!" Joe, I'm not trying to make this look sinister. I'm not sure who is. We're just wondering what happened there.

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Well, actually, it's the President himself who may have made this look sinister. Certainly, Mark Halperin, a lot of foreign policy minds, not only in Washington, but across the world especially among our allies, are deeply disturbed that the President of the United States has now spent three hours with Vladimir Putin, someone that he's long been accused of having an abnormally close relationship with, an unusual admiration for and now he's had three hours of meeting without a national security adviser by his side. And this one-hour meeting, which was not known to the press, this side meeting that the press did not know about, he actually spoke to Vladimir Putin with no American there, only an interpreter from the Kremlin.

I don't even know what to say Mark. How do you follow up a week where your son has been caught lying day in and day out and day in and day out and one of your top advisers has been caught lying time and time again, your attorney general has been caught lying about meetings with Russians, the vice president has been lied to repeatedly about meetings with Russians. It goes on and on and on. And then he takes a meeting which they don't tell the press and they don't give a readout to the press with Vladimir Putin by himself and with an Russian interpreter.

MARK HALPERIN: This White House should know that if President Obama had done this exact thing and had not disclosed, there would be tons of questions about it. But, obviously, this president has a different set of problem and suspicions regarding his relationship with Russia and with Putin so they shouldn't be the least bit surprised that this is the result particularly because the meeting was not disclosed and that meeting is now lost to history.

A lot of foreign policy professionals have already said this is not good practice for the President to be in a conversation like that where he doesn't even control the translation in any way. I'd like to think America would send someone with the President to that dinner will have someone at the dinner that would speak more than two languages, but in this case that meeting is now lost forever and there's nothing the White House can do to put to rest suspicion about what took place, nothing they can do because there's no record of what happened except for what Putin wants to say about the meeting.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I believe the second meeting caused some alarm because Trump didn't have an interpreter there, so an hour long conversation with the man who instructed his government to interfere and possibly change the outcome of our election, with no note taking, and only a Russian interpreter, is newsworthy.   It's one thing when everyone speaks the same language another when it's a quiet conversation in languages not everyone there speaks.  Example:   the girl that does my nails speaks Vietnamese to her coworkers right  in front of me, I don't have the slightest idea what they're talking about.  

I know Mika can be overly dramatic but it is pretty bad that we have adults who don't check their spelling on official announcements. I do marketing for our company and if I sent out press releases, or printed marketing materials with as many typos as the WH, I would be looking for a new job. 

These  are official statements from the WH, they should be read over multiple times to be sure context and wording, as well as grammar and spelling are correct. FFS don't these people have spell check? 

I don't know if this is about the "John" Huntsman press release, but yes, people get fired for errors like that.  I used to write press releases and speeches; accuracy is essential, and yes, many eyes would go over anything that was going public.  It is possible that a spellcheck program changed his name to the more common spelling -- but again, that's why many eyes go over a document.  Human eyes.  (Why does that sound somewhere between weird and gruesome?)

(Gah, of course I wrote "used to wrote" when noting someone else's error!!!  corrected)

Edited by jjj
  • Love 4
(edited)

Is Mika wearing Mrs oakville's blue and white dress? I missed the show that day but read the recap (of course) and I've been wondering which dress it was.

Edited by suomi
22 minutes ago, suomi said:

Is Mika wearing Mrs oakville's blue and white dress? I missed the show that day but read the recap (of course) and I've been wondering which dress it was.

Mika is wearing a lovely patterned blue & white dress with a cardigan. Joe is wearing a dark suit with a pink tie.

Thursday Recap. The show opened with a few nice words about John McCain's cancer diagnosis. Everyone liked him. He is a patriot.

Next topic.Trump's interview where he bashed Sessions & is mad that he recused himself from the Russia investigation.

Joe said trump has no clue about conflict of interest.

Trump wants no go zones about the investigation.

• Love 1

Joe is outraged at Trump. He can't bully Muller.

Joe said Trump is playing 4 Dimensional Hungry Hippo.

They showed a picture from the secret meeting with all the G20 leades. Trump was seated 10 feet away from Putin!

Trump was next to Abe from japan. They had a japanese translator to deal with Abe. The japanese translator didn't speak Russian. Scandal !

Was the meeting 15 minutes? 1 hour? Was it about Russian adoption? That seems strange.

Joe's hair is nicely combed today. He may have had new highlights.

• Love 2

Thursday Recap. The show opened with a few nice words about John McCain's cancer diagnosis. Everyone liked him. He is a patriot.

That was a nice clip they showed of Lindsay Graham. I felt bad for him, even though I don't like his politics.

• Love 6

Jim vanderhei on the show. He is with Axios now. They used to have Mike Allen on regularly but he isn't around as much.

Trump's analysis of Napolean & Hitler was something out of SNL skit with Drunk Uncle.

Joe is mocking Trump for not knowing about Stalingrad.

• Love 2

Kristen Solis warned the panel of trying to fact check Trump on Napoleon & Russia. There aren't many voters that care about that. Joe had to check wikipedia during the show to come up with the facts about Napoleon. LOL!Trump said that Macron likes to hold his hand. He is very affectionate with Trump.

Trump likes parades in Paris.

This reminds me of when Mika was asked about her favourite founding father on the show & she mentioned Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln was not available during the founding of the country since he wasn't born.

I do think the panel is right that Trump is is own worst enemy by giving free form interviews.

• Love 5
(edited)

Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee

Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bus rolls,
It rolls for thee, Jeff Sessions

If I NEVER again have to see a video of Trump talking, have the video end, and Joe and Mika sit there speechless and silent for about 5 seconds, I'll be ok.  There's 3 1/2 more years of dramatic 5-second silences to go thru guys.  Stop doing that.

McCain's not a war hero.  He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.--as quoted by Guess the Hell Who??

Edited by WhineandCheez
I don't want anyone to think I feel that way about Senator McCain, a man who ANY American shopuld be proud of (oh, except our President--dumb ole me!)
  • Love 5

I feel bad that in the twilight of his career and possibly his life, Senator McCain has had to endure fat bastard's insults. McCain has always taken the high road.

Today confirmed my feelings about Macron. He's a dumbass.

• Love 2
(edited)

Macron is following Trumps tactics by firing the Head of the French military. He refused to support Macrons military budget cuts. He is being compared to Trump

Edited by oakville
(edited)

If we're relying on Trump quoting Macron re Napoleon, I'd take it with a salt lick the size of Montana.   What did Macron allegedly say? According to America's racist Grandpa? 

Joe and the panel discussed how they know of NO politician who would take a meeting with Russians re oppo research or whatever. 

Joe may want to google Dana Rohrabacher (R CA).  The first thing that comes up after his name is "Dana Rohrabacher Russia". 

He's been visiting Moscow quite a bit and even brought a propaganda film back to show to other members of Congress.   I would think our crack team of journalists would know about this. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4
(edited)

Ah, Barnicle. Talking about us little folk on our way to work, doing little things like foraging food for our tables and gassing our automobiles...yes, we commoners who do these things are only going to care about a palpable sense that the system is broken. Well, Barn, this Midwestern commoner does care about the system being broken, but I have more than a palpable sense of gloom - I KNOW why I think the system is broken and I know who's doing the breaking. And actually, I'm quite concerned about that - even though I'm not a great cablehead who never deigns to fill up his own tank. Yeeeesh.

OMG - Joe's hair had more pomp and circumstance than Peters' today! What happened, Jeremy? Every time I see that library/globe backdrop, I just want to add a fireplace and hand the person a snifter of Coirvoisier and a smoking jacket. And I wish someone had answered Joe's question about how tax reform is supposed to happen without the tax cut from throwing millions off of healthcare, though I appreciated Peters' point that tax cuts are not sexy and there's no lock her up kinda villain for the base to attack, so the party base will be pretty 'meh' about boring old tax cuts. Not to worry, though, because I'm sure there will be plenty of poor-folk punishing in the cuts for people to get excited about. Meanwhile, I've never noticed how much Peters tends to actually sniff while talking and it was not unlike 45's habit. Must be a symbolic noise of the elite - 

P.S. STFU, Rand Paul. Go away.

Edited by potatoradio
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

If we're relying on Trump quoting Macron re Napoleon, I'd take it with a salt lick the size of Montana.   What did Macron allegedly say? According to America's racist Grandpa? 

???????

41 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Except Trump wants to expand the military and give them anything and everything they could ever dream of.

In France, Macron's decision to fire the popular leader of the military is similar to Trump getting rid of the wildly popular James Comey.

1 hour ago, potatoradio said:

P.S. STFU, Rand Paul. Go away.

...particularly when he's too chickenshit to clearly state the ReThug bastardization/misuse of the adjective "Democrat Party."  He sort of mealy-mouthed his way through.  Honestly, though, I can't be too mad at him since he was one of the first two GOP senators to step away from McConnell's Medicaid-cut-to-facilitate-tax-cuts-for-the-rich monstrosity.  

1 hour ago, navelgazer said:

Honestly, though, I can't be too mad at him since he was one of the first two GOP senators to step away from McConnell's Medicaid-cut-to-facilitate-tax-cuts-for-the-rich monstrosity.  

Yeah, but it's not like he stepped away because the bill was cruel and inhumane. He stepped away because it was not cruel and inhumane enough. He's no hero.

• Love 9

Yeah, but it's not like he stepped away because the bill was cruel and inhumane. He stepped away because it was not cruel and inhumane enough. He's no hero.

I don't understand Paul.  In his interview he was talking about how he didn't want all this money going into the pockets of insurance companies and I'm thinking, "Oh good, that means you back single payor!!" But no..... 

I don't know what Barnicle was talking about this am about "covering" McCain for years. Barnicle was never a political reporter, just a gasbag columnist. And he was fired in the late 1990s for plagiarism, so how he was "covering" McCain in 2000 and 2008 is more bullshit from him.

Today confirmed my feelings about Macron. He's a dumbass.

Agreed. This show occasionally tongue-bathes Macron to my surprise, esp last week. The only reason anyone rooted for him was that he was running against a neo-Nazi. Other than that he's a pinhead. Easy on the eyes, but a lightweight.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Eliot said:

That was a nice clip they showed of Lindsay Graham. I felt bad for him, even though I don't like his politics.

I agree.  I don't agree with his politics, but he looked like he was about to break down.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

If I NEVER again have to see a video of Trump talking, have the video end, and Joe and Mika sit there speechless and silent for about 5 seconds, I'll be ok.  There's 3 1/2 more years of dramatic 5-second silences to go thru guys.  Stop doing that.

They really did abuse that meme today, didn't they?   They started looking stupid after about the third time.   A sincere "God help us," would have been better. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

I agree.  I don't agree with his politics, but he looked like he was about to break down.  

I detest his politics but I can't help liking him somehow. He finished raising his much-younger sister after their parents died during the same year and he adopted her when he was old enough to do so. My favorite MJ promo is the one from last year (?) with LG and Ted Cruz being congenial about LG saying that a senator would never be convicted by the senate for killing TC on the senate floor. Second place goes to the one with Dad blustering about calling out T's White House and speaking truth to power and Mika Wan Kenobi intoning "We shall see what see." So, LG can come to lunch with me and John Heileman.

• Love 1

Friday recap. The King & Queen of Nantucket have returned to their rented castle on the island. They will do several public engagements with the commoners who will provide them with anecdotes about what is going in "real " America. The anecdotes will be supportive of whatever policy position Joe has on Monday. Joe will also be having a secret meeting with key influencers. He will bring a translator if necessary.

Joe will also be working on a country version of his hit song Mystefied. Mystefied has over 140 Shazams & 10,000 views o You tube.

Cackles,Heileman,Deutsh wearing a pink striped seer sucker & navy blue tie from Willie Wonka.Heilemann called Deutsh a candy striper.

Today's topic is .... Trump is out of control & threatening to fire Muller. Muller wants to examine Trump's business dealings & tax returns going back to 2004. Trump is fighting back & asking about pardons for his family & friends. Muller wants an open ended investigation. Trump wants to focus on Russia.

Muller & Trump fought over his club dues at Trump's golf club. Muller quit.

Deutsh is happy to disclose about the dirty Russian money that Trump accepted. Deutsh wants Trump in jail.

Cackles is wearing a lovely yellow dress.

Only Rosenstein can fire Muller.

Eddie called Trump Voldemort.

This is a good panel of anti Trumpers today. They will point out all his problems without resorting to personal insults.

• Love 3

The panel mocked the Moouch- Scaramuchi for taking the White House Communications Director position. His job will be to retweet Trump's tweets. Cackles was upset because she used to have this job for W and was taken seriously by the media.

Everyone laughed at Mooch.

The Mooch is a mutual fund manager who Deutsh called a Tire Salesman.

Heidi Prysbala was outraged at Trump's interview with the Ny Times. Why did Trump discuss the infamous Russian Dossier.?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, millennium said:

This show is really dreary without Scarborough and Mika.   It has no edge.

I can't disagree with this.  However, I do notice what a contribution Nicolle makes to the discussion, versus Mika's eye-rolling, pursed lips, weakly attempted interjections into the conversation, and audible sighs. 

Does this show ever have equal male/female ratios of panelists? 

While Nicolle's nasally voice annoys me, I appreciate how she takes charge of shows (her own or when subbing) and makes actual points, whether I agree or not.  Mika mostly sits there and huffs and puffs and tsk-tsk's.  Yeah, she "knows her value".  It's zero. 

• Love 5

Cackles bragged about being Greek American with Stavidrides. A little known story is that she got married in Greece during Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Many people from the admistration communications department went for the wedding. There was no one back in the USA to deal with the communications needs over Katrina. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I can't disagree with this.  However, I do notice what a contribution Nicolle makes to the discussion, versus Mika's eye-rolling, pursed lips, weakly attempted interjections into the conversation, and audible sighs. 

Does this show ever have equal male/female ratios of panelists? 

While Nicolle's nasally voice annoys me, I appreciate how she takes charge of shows (her own or when subbing) and makes actual points, whether I agree or not.  Mika mostly sits there and huffs and puffs and tsk-tsk's.  Yeah, she "knows her value".  It's zero. 

While it's nice to see women match the pace of their male counterparts, I don't think it's incumbent upon them.  Mika's gonna meek, you know?   And it works for the dynamic of the show.   Honestly, I don't think Scarborough could deal with a strong female co-host -- or a strong male one.   He has to be BMOC (big man on camera).   They're both flawed, but here I am missing them because without that particular flavor combo the show is bland, bland, bland.   Barnicle, by God.   Barnicle!  Has there ever been a more appropriate name?   

• Love 2

Nicole Wallace is so good.  And I like John Heilemann.  Together, though, they are a stripe too giggly and a little too loose when coralling the dummies on the panel.  Things shouldn't go so far that Gene Robinson is cracking jokes.  Gene Robinson should never make jokes.  He should only ever be erudite and pleasantly disapproving of Republicans.   And giving Donnie too much space is a huge mistake.  He's sooo weak on policy and when he's juxtaposed against heavyweights, you realize his TV time is a waste of your time. 
As you watch Nicole, you see that she's a hundred million miles beyond Mika.  Nicole actually reads.  She actually DID the job she covers.  She knows all the players personally.  She knows Sergei Lavrov and knows people who work with him and against him.  She's read everything on everything and pulls from that information intelligently with a light, amusing touch.  Her shows move and touch the right spots quickly and move on.  She's so good.

• Love 5
(edited)

be erudite and pleasantly disapproving of Republicans. 

I have a new life goal!

I was in the shower enclave and I hear "Ty Cobb" mentioned twice and I know it's baseball season and Barnicle is on, but WTF?? So instead of lazily asking it here, I later googled it and low and behold--he's a lawyer.  Kinda neat.

So Trump is going to pardon Manafort, Kushner, Flynn possibly and himself for sure.  So why are we even spending all this time and money?  I know this is bitchy, but I blame Hillary (whom I voted for) for Trump's win, for being such a shitty candidate. I will be so pissed if after all of this Congress doesn't make a law that you MUST release your tax returns if you run for President.  He may not have been elected if we could've seen all his Russian financial ties and zero-to-no charitable contributions..

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 7

Nicole Wallace is so good.  And I like John Heilemann.  Together, though, they are a stripe too giggly and a little too loose when coralling the dummies on the panel.  Things shouldn't go so far that Gene Robinson is cracking jokes.  Gene Robinson should never make jokes.  He should only ever be erudite and pleasantly disapproving of Republicans.   And giving Donnie too much space is a huge mistake.  He's sooo weak on policy and when he's juxtaposed against heavyweights, you realize his TV time is a waste of your time. 
As you watch Nicole, you see that she's a hundred million miles beyond Mika.  Nicole actually reads.  She actually DID the job she covers.  She knows all the players personally.  She knows Sergei Lavrov and knows people who work with him and against him.  She's read everything on everything and pulls from that information intelligently with a light, amusing touch.  Her shows move and touch the right spots quickly and move on.  She's so good.

Nicole is great.  I know they're laughing at serious issues but at some point, you get so exhausted I'm sure they feel like "this is so idiotic how do you address all of the insanity without laughing at how stupid Trump & Co is? "  I don't know how the NYT people kept a straight face during that interview.  There's a thing going around the internet and it is true. Trump talking about historical events is basically "Drunk History" without the drinking.  I could seriously see someone reading his speeches or interviews/tweets and Derek Waters having people act them out. 

So I will allow Gene, Nicole, John or whoever laughing at it. How else do you stay sane? 

• Love 4

I missed chunks of the show this morning.  I saw where Nicole Wallace was the one female Then I saw it again later and it was Katy Tur.  What?  Is there a Mikarule where there can be only one woman on with the group of guys?  As an actual host, I mean.  Love Katy Tur.  Love all the Girls on the Buses.  I think Meeka enjoys being the lone "girl"... 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I have a new life goal!

I was in the shower enclave and I hear "Ty Cobb" mentioned twice and I know it's baseball season and Barnicle is on, but WTF?? So instead of lazily asking it here, I later googled it and low and behold--he's a lawyer.  Kinda neat.

This reminds me of a funny moment from earlier this week. Barnicle was talking about the lawyer Ty Cobb, and he said "no relation to the baseball player" in his "I know everything about baseball" voice.

A couple of minutes later, Mika comes on, and said "Actually Mike, Ty Cobb is related to the baseball player" (which is correct). The look on Barnicle's face was hilarious. He couldn't believe he was being corrected by Mika on a baseball fact. 

Edited by cased
Spelling
  • Love 3

Instead of quoting you all individually - which would be miles of page space - I will say that I absolutely love everyone's posts today and am of like mind with just about everything. 

There most certainly should be a law mandating the release of a candidate's tax returns.  Just imagine the crapstorm we would have avoided had that been in place already.

Meek-a sure does enjoy being the only girl in the room.  She's just smart enough to realize when she's being outshone in the intelligence department and it makes her uneasy being around truly smart women.  I'd love to know the real back-story of her upbringing; something tells me she was completely overshadowed by all the brains in that family

It is so ironic that I, too, miss the lovebirds when they're away.  Go figure.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, millennium said:

This show is really dreary without Scarborough and Mika.   It has no edge.

The show is more about informative without Joe and Mika, but it is definitely less entertaining. I fell asleep and missed most of today's show. 

• Love 1

I don't miss them at all.  I enjoy not listening to Joe bash Obama, or brag about his chats with everyone from God to Ronald Reagan's corpse, or looking at whatever the fuck that is on the top of his head now. 

The conversations flow better when they're gone, because Joe isn't interrupting them every five minutes. 

I will always cherish the day a couple weeks ago when Joe interrupted Haas, and Haas rolled his eyes so hard I thought he was going to throw his neck out.  

• Love 10

I really love Nicolle Wallace, and her afternoon show is fantastic.  But I think Mika and Joe bring something different -- and Mika is a key part of that dynamic, even if she's not always adding as much substantively.  

All of this to say, too, that it has been very odd to me that they have not been appearing together while in London.  Based on Joe's and Mika's recent social media postings it is clear they have been there together all week.  Yet strangely they were in separate isolation booths.  Hurts the dynamic of the show in my view.  

• Love 2

It's possible they're in London to work on a project.  Joe probably has a few irons in the fire and that's why he's in another part of London midday.
I did not miss them today, fwiw. 
Nicole Wallace is such a good host.  She's so talented.  Something happened from the period when she got fired from The View to today.  She must have been coached.  She used to be a nasty true believer who would defend insanity out of hand.  A more reasonable KellyAnn Conway.  I suppose that was an act she thought she had to put on to play the part of right wing avenger.

All the "girls" up and coming at MSNBC are fucking great.  There's a wave of talent on the come-up there.  So smart, sharp and funny.  Katie Tur is so loveably goofy and sincere and funny and smart and WILL NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT at the same time.

• Love 6