Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/18/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I'm wondering if they already know the show is done.  That it has a lights out date and that date sits right where Miss Whoopi's contract runs out.  And to get paid she has to show up.  I also wonder if it has something to do with Paula.  She is not going to jeopardize the extra cash that is coming her way for what she knows is a finite time that helps loads with making a family of five more secure since even a newsdesk job is not always the most secure.  Also I remember hearing of a show, can't remember what it was, that had stipulations in regards to larger payouts for the number of episodes in a fiscal year.  It directly had to do with the people who do more shows than a written drama or sitcom,  It was maybe reality show related since some of those can be on several times a year in 'seasons'.  Like the Kardashians or Duggars.  But also news people and pop media shows like ET.  Anyway I wonder if that also might be an indication since the less they use certain individuals it might mean, depending on how their contract is written it keeps them at the lowest contractual payment that they signed for -- in other words for a sow like this they might have to be there a minimum, but they also have gradients to what they get paid to how often they are used.

Or it might mean whatever golden parachute they have written into their contract is kept at a minimum depending on how many episodes they shot/filmed.  I do know that can be a clause.  Disney is cheap and I can see them figuring to pay more people less if they know the show is gone at certain date.  Not so much wishful thinking so much as trying to apply a little logic bandaid to a gaping wound of 'why?"

Well, this show is cheap to produce and as long as it's making money no one is going to cancel it; clearly that's all TPTB care about on this show.  

I think  It's true that Whoopi's contract only pays if she works though.  Last year when they tried a reboot there were alot of stories about how ABC would have to pay off Whoopi's contract in order to cut her from the show.; instead they saved money by RO leaving.    When Miss Whoopi starts ranting and bullying people, including the audience, I don't believe that anyone at this show says a word to her about it but I think she's insecure enough to try and pull public opinion back in  - that's why she keeps talking about Candace being sick - she didn't like the comments about being a bully.    

The only time I do think TPTB addressed the Whoopi situation was was when they arranged for Dan Abram to explain the Cosby situation to her after months of flapping her gums about the women who have come forward with their stories.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

I'm glad someone else said they. When some View ladies were saying things like "everybody's sick of pc" I'm thinking, not me. I never give it  thought because what people are calling pc, I was taught was "polite." So, it sounds to me as if they are saying "everybody's sick of being polite." I almost took t

The View discussion to facebook but decided against it since I don't want any FB friends lecturing me about some people are just too sensitive when you call them rude names. So, I'll ask here, "Is anybody here really sick of pc?" 

Nope, not me, but I'm a Canadian &, as everyone knows, we bleed polite.

• Love 17

I think Candace is sick but I think when Miss Whoopie went on a rampage Candace probably thought " I just can't deal with this shit today". Or, because it was Candace, " I just can't put up with this poo poo today. Praise Jesus!"

• Love 13

Damn. Imagonna hafta watch this week's on demand now!

How's dat fer word salad??

And what does Paula mean by that hotdog remark? Hasn't she insisted that her hubby is hawt and they have a great sex life? That remark sounds like Bitsy's brushing her teeth to avoid sex with her hubby. 'Course I'm slightly inebriated right now, what with imbibing two Irish coffees...

• Love 2

And what does Paula mean by that hotdog remark?

LOL, GH - It's basically a euphemism for the fact that since she's had three kids, her vajayjay isn't as tight and structured as in the good ol' days.  Thus, the "hotdog" is entering a cavernous space with no friction.  (So, how does that register with your two Irish coffees???)

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 9

Tentivelyyours - Love your idea of flipping the timeline for blacks/gender and voting back in her lap.

If Track Palin has PTSD would he not be allowed to legally buy a gun?  Would his parents providing guns be doing this illegally?

I'm glad someone else said they. When some View ladies were saying things like "everybody's sick of pc" I'm thinking, not me. I never give it  thought because what people are calling pc, I was taught was "polite." So, it sounds to me as if they are saying "everybody's sick of being polite." I almost took t

The View discussion to facebook but decided against it since I don't want any FB friends lecturing me about some people are just too sensitive when you call them rude names. So, I'll ask here, "Is anybody here really sick of pc?" 

Not me!

The hot dog down the hallway joke is sooooo old.  While trying to locate the joke's first appearance I ran into a discussion on Familyguysteals on blogger and a poster said she heard it in the 90s from Whoopi at the roast where Ted Danson came in blackface.  How wild is that.  The post was quickly disputed as the first appearance of the joke and probably dates back much further to someone like Rodney Dangerfield....

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 6

Good find jumper....especially since they were talking about joke stealing. Whoopi, evidently, does her own.

I guess that is why I am always in hysterics when Whoopi jokes around. Kinda like with Michelle.

Joy has chilled a little on her jokes, which I like.

But then I don't watch for the comedy.......can't find much.

• Love 4

Sick of PC? No. Politically correct is just a way to trivialize the idea of treating all people with respect, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation.

When people say they're sick of being PC, it means to me that they want to use slurs and bigoted language without criticism. And then when someone is offended, well, they're just being too sensitive.

• Love 20
When people say they're sick of being PC, it means to me that they want to use slurs and bigoted language without criticism.

I say that if you're sick of PC, just go ahead and spout whatever you want to say.  You're confident...take your licks!

Ok Nun... you know  I'm going all Brian Regan with "eh-pih-TOME" here hehehe"

Thank you, ari333, I was hoping someone would come through for me.

• Love 5

I'll be a voice of dissent.  Yes I am tired of PC.  And have been. 

Don't get me wrong. I hate the whole idea that people think they have the right to say something but then want to avoid taking any responsibility for it.  Saying the offended party is too sensitive.  It was a joke. Just keeping it real.

But I also was a college student when 9/11 occurred.  And saw a nation dragged into one war that had a sad logic to it and a murderous war that was the political machinations of an evil group of people using the evil of another man as an excuse to push their own agenda at the cost of so many lives.  And at the start anyone that dared call into question the invasion of Iraq was called unpatriotic.  How dare I let the terrorists win?  It was an almost mindboggling exercise in deception when I look back.  And I am sure many here felt the same perhaps even earlier.  But political correctness can serve as a smothering of discourse in the name of being polite and courteous and being 'right'. 

And as silly as it sounds, take a look at the Real Housewives of OC threads in order of episodes this last season.  There was a lot of righteous outrage that anyone would dare question someone who said he had cancer.  Even someone that same poster thought was dubious as hell in other regards.  But the PC thing was you would never dare to do so and the people on air were horrible people for doing so.  Even as some of us were questioning.  I didn't engage.  I felt it was not worth it.  But for more than episode people applied a general sensibility to an issue as a means to emphasize unpleasant anyone would be in daring to have specific issues with it.  And that has been our history hasn't it?  Cancer was a word that was whispered in better circles.  As people died.  But heaven forfend you talk about it.  AIDS had the same regard.  It was not PC to talk about it or how it was contracted or what the fuck we should have been doing about.  There is a reason almost a hundred years of legal voting was guaranteed to POC but was not actually carried out in Southern states and many people who thought it wrong thought it was impolite to push.  Priests molested children for years because it was simply not done to raise a ruckus about that.  Marital rape.  I mean the list of things we let the imposition of courtesy disguise is endless.

So  I do bemoan the lack of courtesy and I particularly hate the rudeness and mean attitude people try to hide behind being brave and simply exercising their right to free speech.  I loathe the fact that it has gone so far that people like Sarah Palin can say whatever she wants and then try to hide behind the idea she is the martyr when anyone tries to hold her responsible or accountable or simply provide any type of verification.

But keeping your voice down?  Not making waves?  Making sure everyone around me is feeling warm and cozy?  Nope.  I think we are too lazy and too determined to ride today out with the least inconvenience and forget about tomorrow and forget about the bigger wrongs because someone else will do it.  Or it will just go away or be a problem for the generations after me.  I hate to sound rah rah, but this was a nation built on flouting PC.  But it was with a sense of being responsible for your actions and taking them for the betterment and backing that idea it was better somehow.  I can be mean as hell,  But I am a polite little SOB if it kills me.  I'll ruffle your feathers so much you'll look like you are Big Bird and someone decided to drop you from the Empire State Building to see if you can fly.  But I'll do it with a smile and a please and a thank you.  And I won't do it simply to make myself look better or because I can.  Talk on your cell phone in front me at the bank while doing a transaction?  I'll start loudly singing over your shoulder into the phone.  And you don't want that!   Ride your shopping cart down the middle of the aisle leaving no room for anyone else?  I give you a sweet smile and say how brave you are for shopping while completely and utterly blind and is not being able to navigate a store some kind of sensory give and take for not being able to see a darn thing apparently?

Courtesy and PC to me are just not the same thing.  I do agree that one uses the onus of the latter to avoid the simple and necessary grace of the former.  But to me they are not the same thing.  Just as PC is something labeled to be rude about, PC is an actual societal imposition not to rock the boat.  Speak up too loudly.

It should be noted though that this group addressed the matter of PC it also addresses matters with terms that are also horribly misused.  Like smart.  Timely.  Trending.  Intelligent.  Well informed.  Funny.  Another endless list I suspect.

• Love 5

I have to disagree with you Tenatively.  All the things you suggest, Iraq war etc and the aftermath within our society was NOT PC and us pacifists who wanted to let the terrorist win were being called PC.  It was the plan of Cheney and his ilk that by encouraging the nonPC crowd to go ahead and get crazy so that Cheney and his ilk could profit.  Same thing with AIDS, it was the PC crowd that was depicted of letting this ungodly people spread this evil disease.  Letting cops shoot black boys and being upset about it is very PC.  Same sex marriage - OMG PC is out of hand, so they say.  Let's not forget that most people in all the scenarios are on the side of PC but the underbelly has risen up.  On this point Whoopi and Joy were correct.

Now I have to dunk my head in acid because I just defended Whoopi.

A couple of definitions of PC.  First up the Urban Dictionary and if you scroll down you can see different arguments - pretty interesting. A typical Merriam-Webster and once again the comments are all over the place.  I call James Briggs the winner of actual knowledge.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 7

So I'm watching right now and I do like this panel.  They seem to work well together and most of them have a brain.  Sherry is on, but there are others to balance her.  I don't mind Sara Haines at all.  Joy is a great moderator.

• Love 16

So agree and they all look great!!  Did Paula miss the memo about wearing red?!  LOL  Joy looks amazing in red and she is such a great moderator!  The difference from Miss Whoopi is too much to handle and it makes me sick to think Miss Whoopi will come back another day.  Joy is so professional and respectful and I notice a difference when she is on the panel versus acting as moderator.  She knows the role and doesn't over moderate with her own views.  Joy looks so great today compared to Miss Whoopi looking like a huge walrus in the same chair yesterday.  I really enjoyed the hot topics for a change.  

• Love 18

I have to admit that today’s show (outside of Sherri) was very good with Sunni and Haines. A panel of Joy, Sarah, Sunni, and Paula would actually be pretty nice? Don’t get me wrong, I’d still prefer Meredith come back or Padma to join the table, but those four wouldn’t be the end of the world.

Maybe I just had a very bad first impression of Sunni? The first time I saw her was on Nancy Grace during the Zimmerman thing where she was awful (I’m not a regular viewer of NG, btw, that was an accident) and then when she first started showing up on this show it was during the Sherri/Jenny year. Maybe she just acted a fool to fit in with Jenny and Sherri, making it more likely to be hired? Either way, she hasn’t said anything the past few weeks that’s annoyed me to the degree she did in the past. I guess the only thing to wonder now is if she’s just being fake to get the job and we’ll see a personality change when she’s cast?

The only issue with this panel (again, sans Sherri) is, like today, when they were speaking about millennials. Why don’t they hire one or two millennials—one who isn’t uneducated and out-of-touch like Raven—to represent that viewpoint? And, please Joy, don’t help them bring Sherri back!

• Love 8

Thank goodness Whoopi wasn't there today to tell us how it is regarding Flint.  Imagine her babbling and juggling words in an attempt to sound coherent, while getting most of the facts wrong.  It was refreshing having a panel of (mostly) intelligent women discussing the issues without any interrupting or finger pointing (except at the officials who ignored the problem).

• Love 13

I have to admit that today’s show (outside of Sherri) was very good with Sunni and Haines. A panel of Joy, Sarah, Sunni, and Paula would actually be pretty nice?

No, no, no to Sara Haines. Just no. The air in her head drives me crazy. 

I cannot watch this show with her. UGH!  I don't ask for much but she is the worst. I'll take Michelle a million time before Sara Haines. Please NO!

Sarah doesn't bring much to the panel.

Hindsight: I wish Paula had responded to miss whoopi's demanding question abt how much she knows abt black history with a dry voice, and a sigh, "Not as much as you, Miss Whoopi, inform me". (Implied: Beotch).

Or, "Quite a lot, Miss Whoopi, what would you like to know? "

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 7

Great show today. The mayor of Flint was angry but spoke intelligently and forcefully about the people of Flint and what they shouldn't have had to go through. Paula is from Jackson, Michigan and her father being from Flint with her uncle owning a business there made it  personal for her. She moderated the discussion professionally and coherently with the mayor and Cher.

Whoopi wasn't there to interject her bullshit and know-it-all mentality. Joy is so much better as a moderator, Paula can hold her own as a moderator too. ABC needs to get rid of Miss Whoopi. She's isn't needed on this show and isn't wanted from a lot of people and that number is growing every day.

• Love 12

Great show today.  They even didn't mess up interviewing the Mayor of Flint and Cher, and for them, that is a huge accomplishment.

One thing that surprised me was that Paula noted that she has family in Flint, including mentioning the business name of her Uncle's furniture store.  Since she is a GMA journalist, wouldn't she have had an opportunity to cover this story a year ago? Or is she too new?

Cher's involvement is great, and her comment led me to read more.  I didn't know that the Michigan government had taken over municipalities, including Detroit.

This story is outrageous on many fronts, including the lying by multiple government officials. Here's a good piece in Rolling Stone.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/who-poisoned-flint-michigan-20160122

• Love 7

I think it's fun though to watch Whoopi's live meltdown; she hates life, the producers, and the cohosts. I do think Candace is sick, but they obviously want to replace Raven and Michelle soon with Sarah and Sunny so they would be playing musical chairs anyway. I can only imagine what Whoopi does to the producers off air.

I can't stand when Paula injects a conservative viewpoint just to seem like a journalist, like she did when she pointed that the emails concerning Flint water didn't mention race. Get a clue. Institutionalized racism can go unsaid.

I loved the strangeness of Cher calling in. Her Twitter feed can make her seem nuts, but I think she's right on the money regarding Flint.

• Love 7

No, no, no to Sara Haines. Just no. The air in her head drives me crazy. 

I cannot watch this show with her. UGH!  I don't ask for much but she is the worst. I'll take Michelle a million time before Sara Haines. Please NO!

I don't really like one more than the other, but Sarah does have the advantage of being able to be serious and not talk all the time. Her comments when they were talking about the political ads, for instance, were thoughtful, whereas Michelle would've just made a joke and not actually given an opinion. If someone would just have a sitdown with Michelle and tell her to be serious, maybe she could fit with the others. I have a feeling TPTB aren't giving her any feedback or direction (just like Nicolle said they received none last year), which is the real problem.

• Love 4

Oh Jeebus Cripes.

It was unfair how Whoopi "asked" Paula what she knew about Black History. But the way Paula became all flustered? Honestly, I expected better. I mean, she's always managed to push back with calm and intelligence. Was it because of the subject matter?

And shut up, Sunni. Political Correctness has been around since the Clinton years, not the past eight.  I mostly liked what she had to sa this week, except for her stance/insistence that kids are better off when raised by a mother and father who are married. That everone should be married. And then the whole PC "discussion."  I think, that a lot of people like to throw out the word "PC" like they do "jump the shark" if that makes sense. Meaning I don't think it means what they think it means. For example, I say I'm going to be politically incorrect and say that I LOVE Porky Pig's Blue Christmas, and I was told the radio station wouldn't air it because it could come as them making fun of people with speech impediments, and it would be "mean" to do so. Me: I don't care! Porky does stutter, and his stuttering is part of the charm of the song. I'm not talking about spewing hateful, bigoted or racist remarks. I think those folks just like to use the word PC and throw it under that umbrella.

I blame the internet and social media, which have given the racists a voice to spew their hatred.  Before Face Book and Twitter, they didn't have a platform to which they could air their hatred, and now they do. And that blowhard, Trump, is their poster boy.  I have got to believe there are enough intelligent people that he will not be the candidate. I am disgusted that not just the women on this panel, but elswhere, actually believe he is a contender.

And what was Paula trying to say? That this administration has done nothing for the Vets? All Trump has done has spouted that this is a bad plan, this isn't working, blah, blah, blah, but does NOT say what HE would DO to fix it. And this is the kind of guy his supporters think will make a great Prez? Whatever. And I also blame the media, for giving him air time.

I really wish the fast forward function worked on Demand for ABC, like it does for Comedy Central. But I am forced to listen to the drivel and nonsense. Ugh.

• Love 4

Use the "mute" button.

Many times I have to avert my eyes away from Miss Whoopi because she disgusts me, but I like talking to the posters here and understanding of which I post. Unlike Miss Whoopi who doesn't have a clue if HT.

• Love 2
It was unfair how Whoopi "asked" Paula what she knew about Black History. But the way Paula became all flustered? Honestly, I expected better. I mean, she's always managed to push back with calm and intelligence. Was it because of the subject matter?

Yeah, she asked "what did you learn about Black History in school?"    

Really?   

it's like asking "what did you learn about science, or literature, or math, in school?"  How is an adult supposed to answer that question?  If I can't recite the periodic table, solve a quadratic equation, or recite all of the presidents, off the top of my head, does that mean that my school failed to teach me anything?  

that was an example of bullying, pure and simple.  And It was done in an intimidating way.   If Paula HAD attempted to answer, Whoopi would have told her what she said was wrong, or incomplete -  like "that's ALL you learned?"    so there was no way for Paula to respond. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 13

. I do think Candace is sick, but they obviously want to replace Raven and Michelle soon with Sarah and Sunny so they would be playing musical chairs anyway.

Why does CCB survive? She is really no better than Michelle or Raven. 

CCB blends right in with Sara Haines and Paula. At least Michelle and Raven bring something different (not that is anything great)

Except for Sherri the show was watchable today.

What?  You aren't enchanted with Sherri's Word on handling a child's tantrum?  If they would let her speak longer, she could have let us know she still has that wooden spoon in her handbag...just insurance, mind you.  She'd NEVER use it.

• Love 5

Yes. We used to have daily daily discussions of Jeffrey's tantrums and SSS couldn't get it under control ever even with Nanny Jo's (and other) advice. Let alone Jeffrey's specialists.

Then today she casually says to nip it in the bud - problem solved.

• Love 5

In Paula's defense, it's too broad of a topic to give a good answer to.  Whoopi was being a bitch.  

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 12

I'll be a voice of dissent.  Yes I am tired of PC.  And have been. 

Don't get me wrong. I hate the whole idea that people think they have the right to say something but then want to avoid taking any responsibility for it.  Saying the offended party is too sensitive.  It was a joke. Just keeping it real.

But I also was a college student when 9/11 occurred.  And saw a nation dragged into one war that had a sad logic to it and a murderous war that was the political machinations of an evil group of people using the evil of another man as an excuse to push their own agenda at the cost of so many lives.  And at the start anyone that dared call into question the invasion of Iraq was called unpatriotic.  How dare I let the terrorists win?  It was an almost mindboggling exercise in deception when I look back.  And I am sure many here felt the same perhaps even earlier.  But political correctness can serve as a smothering of discourse in the name of being polite and courteous and being 'right'. 

And as silly as it sounds, take a look at the Real Housewives of OC threads in order of episodes this last season.  There was a lot of righteous outrage that anyone would dare question someone who said he had cancer.  Even someone that same poster thought was dubious as hell in other regards.  But the PC thing was you would never dare to do so and the people on air were horrible people for doing so.  Even as some of us were questioning.  I didn't engage.  I felt it was not worth it.  But for more than episode people applied a general sensibility to an issue as a means to emphasize unpleasant anyone would be in daring to have specific issues with it.  And that has been our history hasn't it?  Cancer was a word that was whispered in better circles.  As people died.  But heaven forfend you talk about it.  AIDS had the same regard.  It was not PC to talk about it or how it was contracted or what the fuck we should have been doing about.  There is a reason almost a hundred years of legal voting was guaranteed to POC but was not actually carried out in Southern states and many people who thought it wrong thought it was impolite to push.  Priests molested children for years because it was simply not done to raise a ruckus about that.  Marital rape.  I mean the list of things we let the imposition of courtesy disguise is endless.

So  I do bemoan the lack of courtesy and I particularly hate the rudeness and mean attitude people try to hide behind being brave and simply exercising their right to free speech.  I loathe the fact that it has gone so far that people like Sarah Palin can say whatever she wants and then try to hide behind the idea she is the martyr when anyone tries to hold her responsible or accountable or simply provide any type of verification.

But keeping your voice down?  Not making waves?  Making sure everyone around me is feeling warm and cozy?  Nope.  I think we are too lazy and too determined to ride today out with the least inconvenience and forget about tomorrow and forget about the bigger wrongs because someone else will do it.  Or it will just go away or be a problem for the generations after me.  I hate to sound rah rah, but this was a nation built on flouting PC.  But it was with a sense of being responsible for your actions and taking them for the betterment and backing that idea it was better somehow.  I can be mean as hell,  But I am a polite little SOB if it kills me.  I'll ruffle your feathers so much you'll look like you are Big Bird and someone decided to drop you from the Empire State Building to see if you can fly.  But I'll do it with a smile and a please and a thank you.  And I won't do it simply to make myself look better or because I can.  Talk on your cell phone in front me at the bank while doing a transaction?  I'll start loudly singing over your shoulder into the phone.  And you don't want that!   Ride your shopping cart down the middle of the aisle leaving no room for anyone else?  I give you a sweet smile and say how brave you are for shopping while completely and utterly blind and is not being able to navigate a store some kind of sensory give and take for not being able to see a darn thing apparently?

Courtesy and PC to me are just not the same thing.  I do agree that one uses the onus of the latter to avoid the simple and necessary grace of the former.  But to me they are not the same thing.  Just as PC is something labeled to be rude about, PC is an actual societal imposition not to rock the boat.  Speak up too loudly.

It should be noted though that this group addressed the matter of PC it also addresses matters with terms that are also horribly misused.  Like smart.  Timely.  Trending.  Intelligent.  Well informed.  Funny.  Another endless list I suspect.

WOW

This post knocked me out. Exactly what I would have said but you did it so much better Brava !!

• Love 1

Can you imagine how badly that Flint water crisis segment would've gone with Whoopi moderating?  Thank goodness for Joy and Fridays. Joy can fill the moderator role and so can Paula. Sunny's nuanced and credible although I hope I'm not being suckered in.  I don't understand what's so objectionable about Sara Haines. I think she's tolerable enough.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 7

Okay, I feel like a nimrodic maroon right about now. Why? Because I had to actually Google "Jonas" to figure what what that meant, when someone posted upthread that the show was interrupted due to "Jonas."  I thought it was someone real. I didn't realize that they are now fucking naming Snow Storms! Bad enough to deal with "Snowmaggeden, Snowpacalypse" etc, but now they're giving them names like you do for hurricanes?

I'll be here in my corner, giving myself some headslaps, a la Gibbs from NCIS.

• Love 8

So I'm watching right now and I do like this panel.  They seem to work well together and most of them have a brain.  Sherry is on, but there are others to balance her.  I don't mind Sara Haines at all.  Joy is a great moderator.

I thought today's show was really good.  Joy is a great moderator, there was some fun, and an intelligent non-rushed discussion with interesting guests (on remote and phone) too.  No screaming and talking over each other, no one hogging the spotlight, evenly balanced comments from all of them.  At the end of the show, I thought, "See?  It can be done!"  

That's exactly the way this show should be every day.  I really hope TPTB were paying attention. 

• Love 10

Joy is just marvelous. I love everything about her. She exudes warmth, intelligence, understanding,graciousness and empathy. I did not realize how great she is, until she left and Ms Whoopie (thanks Sunni)ascended the throne and spewed her ugliness for the world to see. I like Michelle and I hope she stays..

Did you guys see how Sherry said that her son Jeffrey gets turned on by Beyoncé. She said that he says that his penis hurts and gets hard when he sees her. They even bleeped her as she was saying that. The ladies looked bemused and embarrased. I was appalled by that comment and by her stupidity. Does she not know that baby boys get erections in Utero and it does not mean that they are sexually stimulated. I wish that somebody would tell her that and it is embarrassing that a woman her age spews such nonsense like that.. I have no idea if she is being facetious to get a laugh or if she truly believes the things that she says about her son. I think that she is very sad about her life and she threw shade on her ex husbands...Plus, she was as big as a house.. She must be dealing with her pain with food.. I think she is a good woman who is incapable of dealing with the poor choices that she made in her life.. I wish her all the best..

• Love 4
One thing that surprised me was that Paula noted that she has family in Flint, including mentioning the business name of her Uncle's furniture store.  Since she is a GMA journalist, wouldn't she have had an opportunity to cover this story a year ago? Or is she too new?

Being from the Detroit area myself I can tell you that the city of Flint has been trying for years to get the information out.  Only when the testing of children on a massive scale did the feds jump in and now it is too late for some.  Look what's going on in Detroit now too.  Gov Snyder stepped into Detroit too and had taken over the Detroit schools and now we find these school to be infested with growth of mushrooms and other toxins.

Love that Sherri thinks she is a great mom, a mom who whips her special needs child.

• Love 5

Yeah, Sherri has said stuff about her son before.  But isn't he about 10 years old now?  He's at the age that other kids his age could see his mom on TV saying this stuff, and make his life miserable.  Moms tell stories about their babies and toddlers all the time.   But when kids get to school age, it's time to refrain from telling any stories that could embarrass your kid.  I don't care if she's a comic -  she's a mom first. 

• Love 6