Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/18/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I'm five minutes into the show and going to delete it. When Whoopi goes on a vicious, ugly rant like this, it's not entertainment, it's damned unpleasant. I don't care if I agree with her or not, seeing her harangue anyone in her path and tell the audience she doesn't care about their viewpoints is just vile.

I wrote to ABC today:

Again, Whoopi Goldberg shows her contempt for the viewing audience and her fellow panel members. How can you support someone who says, "Keep your texts and emails, I really don't care, I really don't" to the viewers and yells over her fellow panelists so they can't be heard? It's horrible watching the show when she's on a rant like this and I end up turning it off. She is a real liability and makes a mockery of the show's concept that it's about hearing different views from different women.

If you want to write ABC with any feedback, go to http://abc.go.com, scroll to the very bottom of the page where it says "contact us" and choose your options from the drop-down menus. Whoopi has ruined this show for me, and all the lectures and nicey-nice "second chances" they make her do can't hide the real toxicity that is inside of her.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 19

Thanks for the feedback idea, I posted the following:  "I can't believe "management" allows Whoopi Goldberg to continually attack, berate, contradict & disrespect her fellow panelists.  She's particularly hard on Paula & Sunni & it's really hard to watch (so I change channels).  When she goes on her rant, she tells the audience & us at home "Keep your texts and emails, I really don't care, I really don't."  Who does this?

I can't watch someone be so rude to others.  People on your Facebook are complaining about her bully attitude."

• Love 16

I totally agree with all you posters about Whoopi and her repulsive behavior, but do you really think writing emails to ABC is really going to do anything but keep ABC's interest in Whoopi alive?  ABC has made it clear, they are riding out Whoopi's contract, there's no way out of it.  I'm afraid all the emails will be considered as buzz by ABC.  I'd hate to see you hoist on your own petard.  (Gosh, I love that phrase!) 

• Love 6

I wrote ABC, too. I never really care enough to give feedback on shows. But Whoopi is out of control. And she is the reason the clown known as Raven is a co host, IMO. Jumpin Jack Flash is one of my fave movies. Can't even watch it anymore. I know I should separate the actress from the person. But, with Whoopi, I just cannot do it.

I am still shocked that CCB hasn't convinced TPTB to let psycho brother Kirk Cameron on as a guest.

I miss Rosie. There, I said it.

Edited by rags
  • Love 16

Whoopi was awful today - so rude to CCB and Sunny. And then she went off the rails during Michelle's Batchelor discussion, a total overreaction to the name "Jubilee" and "cankles." 'Bout time for her to take a few days off. 

CCB tweeted that she was actually sick - low blood sugar and the flu. Not sure I'm buying it. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 5

Letters might help to keep her in line, buy out her contract, or attempt to make sure they do not renew it.

Worth a try and a different approach to venting.

MedicineCrow - yep.....they are not happy on FB either.

• Love 7

ok, this may be slightly petty (so sue me), but i noticed on last thursday's show that Whoopi greeted the audience with not 1, not 2, not even 3, but 4!!!  screaming "WELCOME TO THE VIEW,Y'ALL" s. She did it again on Monday (haven't seen today's show yet). I notice that Joy, when moderating, makes a point of keeping a simple welcome. The evil part of me thinks it is just the Whoopster trying to use up as much time as possible so that she won't have to actually THINK. Any thoughts?

• Love 9

ok, this may be slightly petty (so sue me), but i noticed on last thursday's show that Whoopi greeted the audience with not 1, not 2, not even 3, but 4!!!  screaming "WELCOME TO THE VIEW,Y'ALL" s. She did it again on Monday (haven't seen today's show yet). I notice that Joy, when moderating, makes a point of keeping a simple welcome. The evil part of me thinks it is just the Whoopster trying to use up as much time as possible so that she won't have to actually THINK. Any thoughts?

My thoughts exactly.  Every time she does that I think "burning daylight"!!!

• Love 7

I do think ABC pays attention to feedback, especially since Whoopi has been on several "image rehabilitation" stints this year after out-of-control rudeness.  She can say things they tell her to, like "We appreciate your watching; without you here, we're not here" -- and even sound sincere. But her toxic personality whenever she's contradicted is, to me, the real Whoopi.

Then there was that article where it was said she went around backstage saying "I’s just a n****r following orders around here, master!" From a gossip rag, but I believe it. We all see how well she deals with anyone who doesn't kiss her ass.

A bunch of readers saying they tune out when Whoopi goes ballistic might be the ticket to getting through to ABC brass. After all, if we're not watching, we're not seeing "sparks." And we're definitely not seeing the commercials that pay the bills.

Rags, you and I both love Jumpin' Jack Flash -- one of my comfort movies -- but I just can't watch it right now, either. Too much Whoopi showing her true self for me to want to see her as an actress.

• Love 10

Morbs said:

I really hope Any Cohen asks Michelle why she even bothers showing up.

Too late for this go-around...Michelle was on WWHL last night.

merriebreeze mentioned:

a total overreaction to the name "Jubilee"

LOL - I guess Whoopi has never followed the Duggars and their dearly-departed daughter Jubilee.

Medicine Crow posted:

I posted the following:  "I can't believe "management" allows Whoopi Goldberg to continually attack, berate, contradict & disrespect her fellow panelists.

This (as well as many other posts in this forum) reminds me of an old work situation I used to have to endure, and makes me wonder if TPTB have Whoopi there for a purpose.  When I was directly working for the owners/COO/CEO of a major company, we had an Administrative VP who was hated by everyone who reported to him.  He was an intolerant bully, socially and politically incorrect, and an all-around tyrant.  He was the subject of many a complaint to HR as well as to the owners themselves.  After a while (and since I was privy to the info) it became evident to me that the more people complained, the more this a-hole was rewarded.  Why?  Because he had a purpose, and he was doing his job.  The edicts he was laying down, the punishments he was delivering, the rules he adjusted to suit his needs were really coming from higher up, and he was paid to take the heat so that those who were really in charge would continue to be looked upon as kind and benevolent people (which they really weren't).

Whoopi brings the heat...the more complaints, the better "the sparks", so it may end up being counter-productive to call her out.

• Love 3

If you send emails, I strongly suggest that you find the email addresses for one or two contacts for the companies that advertise nationally as well as your local affiliate.  A  CC  list does make a difference or at least it did.  It adds a sense of how far you considered your complaint.  It also makes sure to point out that the problem exists for more than one of them.  And maybe your cable provider if the issue goes beyond just being unprofessional.  I think the old fashioned ratings as the only whip and carrot means is long gone with that little box anyone with digital cable has that talks right back to your provider on a regular basis.  Big Brother is alive and well and it is your cable provider!

For me one of the biggest turnoffs is I feel Whoopi is creating this sympathy aura for a couple of women who could well use a strong courteous professional push back that we are not getting.  CCB and Paula both have taken the idea of their view being completely factual as opposed to subjective.  They have also simply adhered many times to a stance of 'offense' to something that has not occurred yet in regards to Obama.  From the 'not emotional enough' to claiming he misunderstands the rights of individuals even before he gave his speech on gun control to CCB claiming issues with his State of the Union address on a show filmed, ten? hours before said speech.    And Whoopi is doing the same thing Geddie worked so hard to accomplish for Hasslebeck.  That of martyrdom.

I don't think either CCB or Sunni or Paula deserve how Whoopi treats them.  Even if they were strangers standing in line at a check out line let alone co-workers.  But I also don't want to see it all get lost because Whoopi is an ass.  And for me it is.  I find myself often appalled at what these women say and then lose it because Whoopi goes off on them in a way that I find even more appalling but in a different way.  I think I need another break from tuning in to watch her make such an ass out of herself.

• Love 10
Letters might help to keep her in line, buy out her contract, or attempt to make sure they do not renew it.

Does someone want to start a KickStarter campaign?  Can we raise enough to buy her out ourselves?  Hey...that's a script for a movie.

I watched this after I read everyone's posts here.  Very interesting!  First, Whoopi was extremely rude, EXTREMELY!  If she had made all the points that she was trying to make in a calm reasonable fashion, without getting pissed at Sunni, who also had valid points (it is called the VIEW  as Whoopi likes to remind us, when it's her View that is getting criticized), then I think it would have been a reasonable discussion.

Even her comment to CCB, about Whoopi having to talk about God , and now she, CCB, can talk about these damned movies, was not a terrible comment if it had been made with warmth and humour.  (And in fact, Joy was the one who instigated that with CCB and just like in school, CCB got the punishment.)

Michelle was trying way too hard in that segment but Whoopi had no problems with that, she essentially ignored her but didn't yell at her.  At one point Joy cautioned Michelle when she tried to jump into the middle of Whoopi's tirade.  But Michelle got in later.

Sunni got the brunt of it, and Sunni said at one point, both things can happen.  More diverse movies can be made, and the Oscars can be boycotted.

Really nothing that either one of them said was ridiculous it was just the inappropriate and aggressive tone that Whoopi took.  She took what could be a perfectly reasonable discussion and turned it into a bullying session.  And of course told everyone to keep their emails and texts, cause Whoopi don't care.  And she is PISSED.

Also Whoopi really doesn't like Sunni's STATS!  In both segments Sunni annoyed her with STATS.  In a later segment, Whoopi made a big deal about the name Jubilee just so she wouldn't have to hear her STATS.  I think Sunni was wrong in this segment, about marriage (in my view), but again Whoopi was the expert.  Sunni tanked herself, because she tried to validate her views with STATS, but preambled it with a very condescending, if you look at the STATS, Miss Whoopi, and then Whoopi went off on a tangent about how she can be called Miss Karyn, by little children, but not Miss Whoopi, because that is a stage name.  Okay, so maybe that applies to Whoopi EGOT winner (Michelle had to throw in the EGOT, again!), but I am pretty sure most Hollywood celebs use their stage name as their name, and so the Miss, if one used that, would apply.  It was strange.

Joy also got her punishment after the break, because Whoopi bitched about Michelle only being there once a week, which Michelle said she is there twice, but Whoopi said they only overlap on one day.  And Joy said she used to be there two times a week when she first started, and Whoopi said, yeah and now you are here every day.  Joy said she alternated with BaWa, so I think she was actually talking about way back in the beginning, but Whoopi was throwing shade at Joy, implying that because she is there every day, Michelle is not.

If that was CCB with the flu, then I am really depressed.  I currently have the flu and I look like shit.  When Whoopi told the audience that CCB was just sick and that is why she left the stage, Joy and Sunni both had fake smiles for the audience.

Today's headline should have been quoting Whoopi, when she said all she cared about was whether "that bitch can run the country". 

I hope Sunni telling them that her mom had texted or whatever that Sunni's top was too revealing, was just a way for Sunni's mom to make Whoopi feel bad for bullying her daughter.  By letting her know that Sunni has a mom who is watching.

• Love 8

I'm actually a little sorry I missed the Whoopi tirade today.

Not me.  I spent the whole day watching QVC sell gardening crap while I got a ton of things done around the house. I feel great.  Just reading about it here is souring my mood, actually LOL   Just kidding, I love reading these posts.  But I am finding myself skipping this show more and more because it just bothers me too much.  Watching Whoopi Goldberg be so stupid and so mean and get away with it is just too infuriating.  I could never tolerate someone like her in real life, and I am finding it harder and harder to put up with her on the teevee. 

You know ***the thing is*** Whoopi herself seems pretty damn soured by participating in this show.  I know she is earning a lot, but isn't she already basically loaded as hell?   How can it be worth it to her to go through this every day?  She clearly hates her job.  The format bugs her, she thinks the topics are stupid.  She can't stand most of her her co-workers and she has no respect for the audience.   Why is she putting herself (and everyone else) though this?   

Edited to add: now that I know it bothers her to be called "Miss Whoopi," I shall make a point to call her that in my posts.  Because I am petty like that. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 15

No, but she is married to Will Smith who should have been nominated for his role in Concussion.   He was really good in it and I can't imagine why he wasn't nominated.

Maybe WHOOPI should have nominated him.    She was explaining how the nominations go, and said she could nominate, right?  

• Love 6

Hey Celia Rubenstein, I feel the same way abt not watching an asshole like MISS Whoopi....its mind boggling how she gets away with it. I usually dvr it and then delete it, byt i had today off and did not feel like doing anything else, including changing the channel.

I think, in addition to writing ABC, we might start "boycotting" the products sold during commercials. Of course, that means we have to watch the commercials to see what they sell.

BTW, I used to like Will Smith before Jada started controlling his thoughts, and they started buying movie roles for their no-talent kids. Where was Jada last year at Oscar time, or any time before that?

Another poster noted that Miss Whoopi also did stayed emphatically that there was no problem for people of color in Hollywood. Such a hypocrite, or she just had to be contradictory to be lording her self louder over the others. And Michelle is such a suck-up. Remember her EGOT! Stick

all of them, Miss Whoopi.

Give her hell, Sunni!

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 11

It's just funny to me that ABC sees no correlation between daytime hosts who get a kick out of their job and are having fun and ratings. I could be wrong, but I thought Whoopi called Sunni's mom by "Miss". I'm too lazy to double check. But ABC must think Whoopi is still their ticket, they mentioned her name twice in the opening before they listed the hosts.

• Love 3

Hey Celia Rubenstein, I feel the same way abt not watching an asshole like MISS Whoopi....its mind boggling how she gets away with it. I usually dvr it and then delete it, byt i had today off and did not feel like doing anything else, including changing the channel.

I think, in addition to writing ABC, we might start "boycotting" the products sold during commercials. Of course, that means we have to watch the commercials to see what they sell.

BTW, I used to like Will Smith before Jada started controlling his thoughts, and they started buying movie roles for their no-talent kids. Where was Jada last year at Oscar time, or any time before that?

Another poster noted that Miss Whoopi also did stayed emphatically that there was no problem for people of color in Hollywood. Such a hypocrite, or she just had to be contradictory to be lording her self louder over the others. And Michelle is such a suck-up. Remember her EGOT! Stick

all of them, Miss Whoopi.

Give her hell, Sunni!

I'm not a nice person.  I'm not mean but I don't go out of my way to give people the benefit of the doubt.  And those that have eroded such doubt are always suspect.  I know that to be a fault and flaw and yet it is part of my nature.  Sometimes it even rewards me since I think I can smell a rat, a rat it proves.  But in fact it really does not have much to do with other than coincidence and self-explanatory awareness on my part.

I did not think Will Smith put in an Oscar winning performance for Concussion.  I also did not think Spotlight or The Big Short deserved Best Picture nominations even though I enjoyed both considerably.  I just think they got nominations for the subject matter and good performances.  I do think Miss Pinkett-what-hell-have-you-done-to-your-face!-Smith is using the issue to score points against what I think she sees as a snub that robbed her husband.  I know many people agree.  But I think her protests are self-serving bitterness.   And maybe that should be given a pass because we often are outraged when it directly impacts us as individuals.  But I'm small and I find her tiresome at best and I think had he been the only P.O.C, nominated in any way shape or form, she would have been on that red carpet in a trice.    And we have this issue brought up every couple of award shows.  And I do think it is a problem that stems from a lack of seeing P.O.C. as viable roles that should be more color blind.  Let alone more roles that were written specifically for P.O.C  and I have heard people make an issue of it.  I don't recall her voice though.  Maybe just a huge old hoking coincidence.  Maybe.

And again, I do think it is a problem.  But now all I hear is Miss Whoopi's angry tirade in my ear.  To the point that even when I find myself seeing both sides' points, the only side I want to take is the 'off' button on my remote.

• Love 13

WOW!!  I just watched the first segment & couldn't understand the point of Whoopi's rant.

To seem like superior all-knowing sage that she is?

Yep!  I only saw the first 15 minutes today but it was enough for me to be a Sunny supporter as long as Whoopi's at the table.   Watching high school dropout, self proclaimed historian Whoopi point her finger and yell at grad school grad Sunny, "Don't tell me about Montgomery.  I'll tell you about a boycott"   was ridiculous.  

Last year Whoopi was screaming at Rosie that she didn't know anything about racism, and today Whoopi decided she was the only one at the table qualified to speak on racism in the Academy of Motion Picture Art and Sciences.  She refused to shut up long enough to listen to what the President of the organization had to say about it too, all while reminding everyone that "she makes movies for a living!"   Hmmmm, about that Whoopi; maybe you used to make movies for a living but not so much lately.   What you are, is simply a voting member of the Academy. 

I noticed this show's "new" headline on their "new" social media is "The Place to Be Heard" which is kind of ridiculous in itself as long as Whoopi continues to shut down her co-hosts and  tell the audience and the viewers not to email/tweet/etc. on this because she does. not. care.  Hahahaha.

But I thought Whoopi really topped herself today when she snapped at Candace [who had not said a word, btw] ""Well you know what, I talk about God, you gotta talk about these damn movies,"  Like Candace could get a word in even if she tried.    Rude.  

I appreciated Sunny trying to bring some facts to the discussion not that it did any good.  Just like I don't think a boycott of the movies would do much good despite Sunny talking about the buying power moviegoers  because this organization rarely nominates the movies people actually go see.

ETA: I just realized I posted this after somehow only reading the first page of this forum. I apologize if it reads like "hey 10 people already said that"    I mean it's one thing for me to only watch 10 minutes of The Spew but another to cut this forum short!  I'll be more careful in the future. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 12

I get that Whoop disagreed with the boycott.   other than that,  I don't understand what the hell she was yelling about.   Is it that major studios aren't hiring black actors?  Or that black films aren't being taken seriously?   that white academy members aren't nominating black actors because of racism? People only get upset about the Oscar nominations during the time that the nominations are announced, instead of getting mad about it all year long!   Huh?     She was doing a lot of yelling, but, as usual when she goes on a rant, seems to be arguing both for and against something at the same time.  She lacks the ability to present her point of view in a coherent way.  It's quite possible that I agree with her opinion, but we will never know, because I can't figure out what he opinion is. 

• Love 14

THANK YOU!!!!  I was just coming on to say the same thing.  I can't believe she went on and on lecturing everyone about American history, specifically the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and got most of it wrong.  I don't know if everyone else at the table decided it wasn't worth it to challenge her or not but that was ridiculous.  

Maybe they just tune her out or hit mute?   I'm guessing Joy was giving Whoopi the side eye over her yelling at everyone to study history while she herself clearly has not. 

OR is even more uneducated than Whoopi.   Well, at least she is smart enough to keep her mouth shut on TV when she doesn't know anything about something but if she was listening today, I'm afraid she still doesn't know much. 

But Joy is old enough to remember before 1965. She would have to have known black folks were voting pretty freely in the north where she lived and that there were black office holders which would be impossible if they didn't have the right even to vote. 

• Love 5

Jumpin Jack Flash is one of my fave movies. Can't even watch it anymore.

I quit watching the show when Rosie left the first time and have only tuned in sporadically since but continue to come here for the lovely snark. Jumpin Jack Flash is also one of my favorites and I'm glad I quit before Whoopie poisoned it for me.   Come on, sing it with me--Rescue Me or take me in your arms, Rescue Me... No?

Weeeellll Shit. ;)

• Love 5

Personally rosie o was just as big of bully as whoopi..she just did it more behind the scenes. When both were clashing last season, I said both needed to go yet the view replaced everyone but whoopi.

Perhaps the show should stop.with the musical chairs and pick a panel to stay more then a season. Makes me miss the Meredith/star era

• Love 2

Perhaps the show should stop.with the musical chairs and pick a panel to stay more then a season.

Now that is an idea!  It all makes my head spin with the musical chairs.

Just pick five people and stop the music. When one of them is off, have four at the table. It has been done before, ABC!

• Love 6

She must have read your post because today she did it five times!
  • Love 5

Whoopi to Joy - ". . . hyper bowl'" ??? She is just not as smart as she puts on. When Joy corrected her with the proper pronunciation and said that she doesn't like people over-using the word "amazing" I thought of Whoopi. She cannot interview a fellow "star" without using the word amazing or fantastic. 

• Love 7
It's quite possible that I agree with her opinion, but we will never know, because I can't figure out what he opinion is.

More and more, her opinion seems to be, "I hate my job, and I'm a stah, and I'm better than you, and shut up, and don't give an opinion, and let me talk, dammit."

For someone how doesn't care about what people say on Twitter, and lets us know often, she started out today's show by saying how stupid people are on Twitter.

• Love 9

Good show today, even though the Sunni and Paula team-up got on my nerves. What's even going to happen to this show once Whoopi, Raven, and Michelle are gone? There'll be 3 conservatives and Joy. Who even knows where Sarah Haines falls on the scale? 

I liked what Joy said about political correctness (I'm sure it grated Whoopi that Joy got applause and not her), because what does being anti-PC even mean? That you want to use racist, homophobic, or misogynist slurs without anyone responding to you or criticizing you? Because that's never going to happen. It's such an empty statement.

Joy talking about hyperbole felt like subtle backhandedness towards Whoopi and Michelle who use the same adjectives all the time.

• Love 5

Whoopi to Joy - ". . . hyper bowl'" ??? She is just not as smart as she puts on. When Joy corrected her with the proper pronunciation and said that she doesn't like people over-using the word "amazing" I thought of Whoopi. She cannot interview a fellow "star" without using the word amazing or fantastic. 

I turned on the show about two seconds before Miss Whoopi said that -- I laughed out loud!!!  Definitely NOT as smart as she thinks she is -- LOL.

• Love 7

I wrote ABC, too. I never really care enough to give feedback on shows. But Whoopi is out of control. And she is the reason the clown known as Raven is a co host, IMO. Jumpin Jack Flash is one of my fave movies. Can't even watch it anymore. I know I should separate the actress from the person. But, with Whoopi, I just cannot do it.

I am still shocked that CCB hasn't convinced TPTB to let psycho brother Kirk Cameron on as a guest.

I miss Rosie. There, I said it.

That's my favorite Whoopi movie too. But, I will no longer watch her in anything whether it be old or new. She's done more than enough on The View to warrant my feeling.

Rosie, Cameron, Paula, and the list goes on of people who have had to deal with the unprofessional moderator that is Whoopi. Cameron and Paula are taking the high road but to the viewers we are just fed up.

• Love 4
Whoopi to Joy - ". . . hyper bowl'" ???

On my 9th birthday I began a summer with my grandparents in a posh hotel in Minneapolis.  I was a little desert rat from Phoenix--and poor.  I was smart and a good student.  They bought me books and let me read some of their adult (boring) books. "Beau Geste" was one of them.  A Golden Book they bought me was about Mickey and Minnie Mouse who went to a shop where old things were sold.  As I read it to myself I called the shop an AN-tih-queue shop.  No one ever heard me say that aloud, but when I finally "got it" I was embarrassed. Obviously I still remember.  One of my kids (now a middle-aged man) feels the same about "epitome."   I bet Whoopi won't care at all.

• Love 4

I turned on the show about two seconds before Miss Whoopi said that -- I laughed out loud!!!  Definitely NOT as smart as she thinks she is -- LOL.

Sorry I missed it. Would have LOL'd too.

Did Miss Whoopi mention Paula's father and the birthday celebration they had for him in Florida? And, if so, was she sincere about it or her usual condescending self.

• Love 2

On my 9th birthday I began a summer with my grandparents in a posh hotel in Minneapolis.  I was a little desert rat from Phoenix--and poor.  I was smart and a good student.  They bought me books and let me read some of their adult (boring) books. "Beau Geste" was one of them.  A Golden Book they bought me was about Mickey and Minnie Mouse who went to a shop where old things were sold.  As I read it to myself I called the shop an AN-tih-queue shop.  No one ever heard me say that aloud, but when I finally "got it" I was embarrassed. Obviously I still remember.  One of my kids (now a middle-aged man) feels the same about "epitome."   I bet Whoopi won't care at all.

Now you've started something Former Nun!!  My old neighbour, a relatively new Canadian with a very thick Vietnamese accent, while visiting me asked if my furniture was "anti-cue".  It took me a minute to figure out what she was saying & explained the pronunciation & told her my furniture was just old.  My niece, to her dying day (bless her heart), always said epi-tome, despite being corrected by everyone many times.  LOL.

• Love 2

Sorry I missed it. Would have LOL'd too.

Did Miss Whoopi mention Paula's father and the birthday celebration they had for him in Florida? And, if so, was she sincere about it or her usual condescending self.

Yes she did & Paula said she'd never seen her Dad as happy.  Then Miss Whoopi went into an infomercial for Disneyland & Disney World.  (For the record, I went to Disney World when I was in my early 50's & was totally underwhelmed, but then I've always been like Peggy Lee's song "Is That All There Is?".  Sad, but true.)

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 7

Worth a try and a different approach to venting.

MedicineCrow - yep.....they are not happy on FB either.

I agree with all three of your points.

Another way for Miss Whoopi to monopolize the attention on her sorry self.

• Love 4

Morbs said:

Too late for this go-around...Michelle was on WWHL last night.

merriebreeze mentioned:

LOL - I guess Whoopi has never followed the Duggars and their dearly-departed daughter Jubilee.

Medicine Crow posted:

This (as well as many other posts in this forum) reminds me of an old work situation I used to have to endure, and makes me wonder if TPTB have Whoopi there for a purpose.  When I was directly working for the owners/COO/CEO of a major company, we had an Administrative VP who was hated by everyone who reported to him.  He was an intolerant bully, socially and politically incorrect, and an all-around tyrant.  He was the subject of many a complaint to HR as well as to the owners themselves.  After a while (and since I was privy to the info) it became evident to me that the more people complained, the more this a-hole was rewarded.  Why?  Because he had a purpose, and he was doing his job.  The edicts he was laying down, the punishments he was delivering, the rules he adjusted to suit his needs were really coming from higher up, and he was paid to take the heat so that those who were really in charge would continue to be looked upon as kind and benevolent people (which they really weren't).

Whoopi brings the heat...the more complaints, the better "the sparks", so it may end up being counter-productive to call her out.

The best way for ABC to take notice is for a major sponsor to back out because of the unprofessionalism of Whoopi. But, she is an EGOT, and that supposedly is some sort of cache for the network. It has to be the contract and/or they think Whoopi's antics makes the show relevant. Someone has to think that when it comes time for a new contract the answer is no. That is my hope anyway. The viewers leaving the show or like myself watching the After Show and only on Fridays must mean something. Or as you say in your example that the ABC executives are as vile and unprofessional as Miss Whoopi.

• Love 3

Yes she did & Paula said she'd never seen her Dad as happy.  Then Miss Whoopi went into an infomercial for Disneyland & Disney World.  (For the record, I went to Disney World when I was in my early 50's & was totally underwhelmed, but then I've always been like Peggy Lee's song "Is That All There Is?".  Sad, but true.)

Thank you. Infomercial for Disney! What a good and loyal employee Miss Whoopi is. LOL

Edited by rcc
  • Love 2

LOL!!!   I remember reading aloud in class, in grade school.  I was always a good reader, was a couple years ahead of my grade.  But when I read the word "horizon"  I read it aloud the way I thought made sense, since i knew the word "horizontal".   A girl in class laughed at me, said "hor- I - zon  as she flipped her blonde curls.   And I never forgot it.  

(sorry for being off-topic, your post brought back that memory) 

And Medicine Crow -   Disney world is amazing.   You didn't like Epcot?  Animal Kingdom? Disney Studios?    We're in the process of planning a trip with our adult sons, and they can't wait to go back (me neither) 

• Love 2