Type keyword(s) to search

Season Four: Another reason to TGIF!

It looked like pink candy popcorn?

The Zenos have the best snacks, Julie and Brandy drink the most alcohol, Ayn drops the most crumbs, and the guys are so abstemious I'm surprised they don't get dehydrated. From full styrofoam takeout meals to baby carrots, I'm always intrigued!

As someone who has lived in an apartment with heavy walkers above, I appreciated Amanda shouting at the ceiling this week. I thought I could almost hear some noise through the TV but was probably imagining it.

• Love 3

I thought she was shouting at planes over head.  Maybe because I had planes over head at the same time....

Loved Princella's phone calling someone when she asked Siri if Mr. Rogers was dead.

• Love 5

I would love to see Howard and Beth Stern on this show. I'm a vet tech and professional pet sitter who loves ALL animals. I wish cats didn't get such negativity. 

But aside from that, the show needs a couple or family or friends that represent a different genre. We've got gays, bff's, older women and (the family I find boring) the older man with the 3 daughters who need their eyebrows waxed.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

But aside from that, the show needs a couple or family or friends that represent a different genre. We've got gays, bff's, older women and (the family I find boring) the older man with the 3 daughters who need their eyebrows waxed.

I've thought that too, but what's left?  Teenagers -- do they even watch TV?  The ones I know are tied to their phones.  Straight men?  Do they watch anything in a group except sports? 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I've thought that too, but what's left?  Teenagers -- do they even watch TV?  The ones I know are tied to their phones.  Straight men?  Do they watch anything in a group except sports? 

Yes men watch things other than sports. Yes teens watch TV. Maybe a bit differently at times but yes. There's a reason why the youngest demo is still the most coveted. Grown adults or teenagers watching TV with their parents on a regular basis would be the anomaly imo. Not two dudes watching a show.

13 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I'm a astraight guy and I watch TV on my DVR with my brother and parents almost every night

• Love 4
(edited)

This was decades ago before VCRs, but my boyfriend was sick with the flu one week and for reasons I now don't recall, was staying at my apartment. In return for taking care of him, I told him he needed to watch All My Children and give me a daily summary. Of course he then got hooked on it himself.

Which is to say that -- given good casting -- I'd enjoy hearing the opinions of a couple of straight guys who were forced to watch Housewives and similar shows, even if their comments were just snark.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 9

I love this show.  I missed the first three seasons.  Hopefully, they will re-run them at some point.

The Dad and daughters are my least favorite.

The Zeno's have the best snacks and softest looking blankets.  I love everyone else, especially Kenya.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I signed up for an alert somewhere, when season 5 is announced.

Scott and the Zenos seem to think it's on the bubble which surprised me since the ratings are up.

• Love 2

I just came here to say the same thing.  That's not the first time one of those dogs have peed on the couch. Brandi and Julie seem fine with it.  Ewww.  It must smell awful.

• Love 3

Brandi and Julie were cracking me up during the Bachelorette. Brandi saying she wanted to dance her way into your heart and then pretending to do the splits behind the sofa. Julie looking so embarrassed for the Santa guy. Pretty gross about the dog peeing on the sofa. Ick.

I was surprised one of the older ladies was 80! 

• Love 2

Oh no! When Bravo extended the show from 30 minutes to an hour I assumed it was because the ratings were good. I'd be so bummed if it wasn't renewed. How much can it possibly cost to produce? We could all chip in!

Is it always winter in GameOfThronesShire? Loved Lamont explaining that a letter was like a Twitter beef back in the day. Never seen the show, but Rapey McSadism sounds like someone I should avoid. Plus he does look like Dave Navarro.

• Love 7
(edited)

People's Couch Junior?!? Literally can't even.

Would it have been renewed already? I feel like it's too soon for that to be announced. When did this season start? We wouldn't get new episodes until the winter at least, right? And this isn't really the kind of show that has to work around actor schedules. I assume, unfortunately, that anyone who's schedules don't work out would just be replaced.

Scott looked FINE in that blue shirt. Cathy legit seems to be going thru something. I hope she's ok.

Otherwise I'm going to miss these guys. I'd love if Bravo would do an occasional special. Maybe an episode in the fall featuring all new shows to help us decide what's worth watching.

Edited by burner
  • Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

And it's the season finale of the show as well and according to Scott it hasn't been renewed yet. I haven't listened yet but the Zenos were onScott's radio show last night.

Thanks for posting the link, @biakbiak. It was basically a joyful love fest between Scott and the Zenos, but Scott also asked fans to promote the show since Bravo pays attention to social media. I've sent literally 4 tweets in the 7 years I've had a Twitter account, but fine, I'll dig out my password and add some hashtaggy support. Least I can do!

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 6

Is the Resnick daughter making a joke about the actress portraying Brienne on GoT being Jane Lynch, or is she just terminally stupid?  This was the 2nd episode she's made that remark.  Ever since the dad joked that Herbert Hoover liked to dress up in women's clothing (not J. Edgar) and other malaprops, I just wonder about the collective IQ of that couch.

Add me to the pile of people who want this show renewed.  I'm not so sure about the kids version though.  It sounds a hell of a lot like the Kids React series (which, yes, I know its related series featured one of the former bed family's sons).  And I don't find kids all that amusing, and certainly not kids' programming.  I seriously doubt Bravo is going to screen GoT, The Bachelorette, and assorted HoWives for 7 year olds.

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't give a rat's ass what some gradeschool kids that have been coached to say cute catchphrases think when watching the latest episode of Spongebob Squarepants. If that's an actual show rather than just a spoof ad, the development money would have been better spent advertising this show.

All the Resnick girls seem to be in a perpetual game of catch-up to me. I don't know if it's lack of intelligence necessarily, or just disinterest, but it takes all three together to get the gist of any given program.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 3

I was so disgusted with the full hour of HW+ shows, I was going to quit, but I'm glad I came back for the finale.  The Gay Guy Couch was pretty "this girl is on f-iii-re" itself. 

It's too bad sour woman on the end keeps crushing the spirits of cheerful middle woman and happily clueless on the other end.

I still yearn to hang out with Julie and Brandy.  I'm sure the chi is housebroken--he was clearly making a statement with that one deliberate squirt.  (Headstrong little chi's subscribe to Rule #1:  if you're not the boss, the dog is the boss.)

This whole "precocious kid" trend can't possibly end soon enough.

Later, taters.

• Love 2

I'm sure the chi is housebroken--he was clearly making a statement with that one deliberate squirt.  (Headstrong little chi's subscribe to Rule #1:  if you're not the boss, the dog is the boss.)

Candall, if he's peeing on the couch, he isn't housebroken.  Yuck.  If you're going to have a dog who pees and poops in the house, you might as well just get a cat; at least a cat uses a littler box.

I love this show and look forward to it every week.  No other show on tv makes me smile and laugh out loud the way this one does.  And we've been watching Peanut grow up right before our eyes! 

• Love 4

Ooohhhh I really hope they renew this. I'd love to see some really funny stoners on the couch. They're in a medical marijuana state, they wouldn't even have to show them actually using it, just a haze of smoke in the air, some ironic decor, and awesome snacks.

Can do without the horse face girls and their feet. Would not miss them at all. 

• Love 1

Add Cathy to the older ladies group, or to the gay guys, or to Amanda and Kenya, get rid of Destiny. Or add Destiny to the family with the daughters. Let her be more annoying than them, instead of Cathy.

Bring back the Egberts. Renew this show!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Candall, if he's peeing on the couch, he isn't housebroken.  Yuck.

Hee, a lot of people would agree with you, but Julie's likely to waste a lot of time reviewing toilet training basics if she doesn't address the issue of why her dog thinks it's okay to lay down an FU on her pillow.  Rule #1.

The second season of the year started in October last year.  And wasn't announced until late summer or even into the start of the normal Fall Season.  It is way too soon to think about it not coming back simply because there is no announcement.  That's not to say I won't be disappointed if BRAVO is dumb enough to cancel it.

I usually loathe children as entertainment. but I actually got a kick out of the Gogglesprog Christmas special.  But the UK original is a bit different overall as the people are more natural and "normal" for me.  Most of these people seem on in one way or another.  It mainly means good entertainment but it also can annoy (Destiney and the Resnick daughters, the daddy lap dancer seems determined to say something I strongly suspect she thinks is going to be shocking and attention grabbing and instead sounds downright stupid all the time).  I'm not sure that the US producers wouldn't over tweak using kids to make sure it is "funny".  I have doubts if they do it will succeed.

But I loved how the kids on the UK version tried to parse Prince Charles being both the son and the husband of Queen Elizabeth. 

Going by both the UK and Australian version I think more couchies works to an advantage.  That way if the show being watched is unappealing I still have a wider net to fish with as a viewer.   I miss the bed family and wouldn't mind another family that has teenage kids since relatively grown kids and their parents offer a nice divide culturally in reactions and opinions.  A long married couple would be nice.  Doesn't matter the gender mix.  Just a pair who have been together a nice time and have their foibles and give and take down simply due to a nice long time spent together.  A couple of straight guys would be an interesting compare to Scott, Emerson and Blake. Though the male buddies couches on the UK show didn't last. 

One of the things I love about the other countries' versions is the producers more often have contrasting views and it is funny to hear one couch talk about how stupid something is and how could anyone like it to cut to another couch that does love it. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I loved Princella's reaction to the Empire finale. For a moment, I thought she would pull one of Lamont's dreads on accident.

Kenya and I are both in love with Bryan from The Voice.

I'm guessing TPTB are taking notes from the UK with a kids edition. Maybe they'll do a celebrity version next.

Edited by Chrissytd
  • Love 2
(edited)

I didn't watch the all-Bravo clip show and wouldn't watch kids but don't care if it exists as long as it doesn't replace or reduce the number of episodes of the real version, dammit!

Scott mentioned on his radio show there are different producers this season, which he thought was an improvement. Maybe behind the scenes? I can't say I've noticed any differences, but Scott seemed to think the shows were better edited and funnier.

I've grown fond of all the long term couchies in different ways, even the ones I didn't warm to at first, and would honestly miss them if anyone left. But the Egbers are dead to me!  ;)

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Chrissytd said:

I loved Princella's reaction to the Empire finale. For a moment, I thought she would pull one of Lamont's dreads on accident.

Kenya and I are both in love with Bryan from The Voice.

I'm guessing TPTB are taking notes from the UK with a kids edition. Maybe they'll do a celebrity version next.

Wait there is actually going to be a kids edition? I thought that was just someone speculating about who they would like to see on the couch?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Wait there is actually going to be a kids edition? I thought that was just someone speculating about who they would like to see on the couch?

Yes, airing June 15th.

• Love 2

They showed a commercial for Junior during the finale. If I remember correctly, the language they used in the promo made it sound pretty much like a one-off special. I'm guessing they filmed a pilot but aren't picking it up or won't decide until it airs. That Little Big Shots show does well but I don't have any interest in that or in this really. That said, of course I'll give it a chance because I like the regular People's Couch so much.

• Love 2

According to my DVR, this is happening tonight. 

"The People's Couch Jr- A special edition features children reviewing popular shows in Britain."

I didn't realize they were going to be British. I wonder what shows they're watching...

• Love 2
(edited)
55 minutes ago, butterbody said:

According to my DVR, this is happening tonight. 

"The People's Couch Jr- A special edition features children reviewing popular shows in Britain."

I didn't realize they were going to be British. I wonder what shows they're watching...

Now that I know it's just the Gogglebox Christmas Special, they'll be watching The Great British Bake Off, Disney's Frozen, The Snowman, ITV News, and Jurassic Park.

Edited by Chrissytd
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Chrissytd said:

Now that I know it's just the Gogglebox Christmas Special, they'll be watching The Great British Bake Off, Disney's Frozen, The Snowman, ITV News, and Jurassic Park.

The did the Bake Off and Jurassic Park, but not the other shows you listed.  There was one about life developing in the womb (the looks on these kids' faces!), some elephants in Kenya (which is located in India) trying to get across a river, and a short one on the Queen. 

Is it the accents that make them super hilarious?  I've always thought the kids in Aptec's 7-Up series were especially charming because of their accents.

• Love 1