Type keyword(s) to search

Season Four: Another reason to TGIF!

(edited)
13 minutes ago, bros402 said:

What happened most likely was Bravo requested screeners and listed what they were going to use it for, then they got them :D

No one got preview screeners for Lemonade. Articles have been written about it they just watched it after Saturday. I assume Bravo pays for cable for the participants with a dvr component. I noticed on the Fresh of the Boat episode there was a local news chyron about protesters at a Trump rally.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

I am one of the apparently tiny minority that would have to have a weekend long telethon to raise enough fucks concerning Beyonce and Lemonade to just have 'none'.  So that part of the episode was a complete wash for me.  Oh look.   A vapid overly self-involved twit seeks attention and wants critically acclaimed for it.  Yawn.

I realized that too many close ups of the Resnick sisters and Destiney makes my face hurt.  Sort of like how I clench my legs when I see a Funniest Home video of toddler whacks father in the balls clip.  Destiney trowels way too much makeup on and looks to get injections too close to filming.  Give them a chance to settle woman.  The Resnicks all look like puppets straining to keep their eyes from gumming shut.  Between their own make up issues, especially the eyelashes that two out of three actually look like it is a struggle to keep their eyes from closing under the weight, as well as the angle of their television, they look in a constant state of toil just holding their heads up. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

I am one of the apparently tiny minority that would have to have a weekend long telethon to raise enough fucks concerning Beyonce and Lemonade to just have 'none'.  So that part of the episode was a complete wash for me.  Oh look.   A vapid overly self-involved twit seeks attention and wants critically acclaimed for it.  Yawn.

Even if we add my fucks to yours, we don't have enough to give.  I don't care about Beyonce either.  Yep, your musician man is cheating on you.  Shocker!  That said, I did like the Couchies' reactions to the show (or whatever it was.)  

The Zeno family and Emerson/Scott/Blake are everything. 

• Love 14
(edited)
5 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Even if we add my fucks to yours, we don't have enough to give.  I don't care about Beyonce either.  Yep, your musician man is cheating on you.  Shocker!  That said, I did like the Couchies' reactions to the show (or whatever it was.)  

The Zeno family and Emerson/Scott/Blake are everything. 

If you toss mine on the pile, we have just maybe enough for each of us to share a quarter of a fuck.

Their reactions to the things that i don't even care about makes it worth it.

(In a "Really? They care *this* much about a celebrity?" way)

Edited by bros402
  • Love 5

I think Beyonce is a superb singer, so I do care about that aspect of a new release from her. But after this kind of crap made news I have zero regard for her as a person, and in fact will cheer any personal setbacks that puncture her monstrous sense of entitlement.

Meh. That's actually the hospital's fault.  I'm sure neither her or her husband said, "Keep families away from their premature babies".  The hospital should have planned much much better.

• Love 2
(edited)

FYI the all-day marathon is on now. I swear after complaining here that the show gets no love from Bravo suddenly it ended up on On Demand, it's getting rerun in some decent prime-time slots (they showed last weeks episode last night at 10pm) and now they're marathoning the whole season.

That makes me wonder though, is tonight the season finale? I guess it'd make sense with most shows winding down.

Edited by burner
  • Love 4

Thanks for the reminders! I wish the marathon wasn't just season 4 since those are pretty fresh in my memory already.

I see something called "The Best of Bravo" scheduled for 5/19 at 10pm -- I'm assuming it's a clip show of Bravo programs the couchies have watched. Which means Housewives galore. Ish. Not my favorites.

DirecTV only has two episodes on demand, both from April. Better than nothing, I guess.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lordonia said:

Thanks for the reminders! I wish the marathon wasn't just season 4 since those are pretty fresh in my memory already.

I would love a marathon of the first three seasons! But I'll take whatever Bravo throws my way... This is the #1 favorite show at our place, it's managed to elbow Keith Morrison out of top spot. (And we're relieved the dripsters have been dropped.)

• Love 4
On 5/12/2016 at 11:26 PM, bros402 said:

ITheir reactions to the things that i don't even care about makes it worth it. (In a "Really? They care *this* much about a celebrity?" way)

I felt pretty sad for that Resnick sister when she said she didn't think it was possible to love Beyonce even more. Maybe the weight of her fake eyelashes is affecting her brain.

• Love 2
(edited)

I've had this on in the background most of the day. For some reason, I had it in my mind that most of the couchers are drunk while watching the shows but really it seems like Brandy and Julie are the only ones drinking. Just a random observation.

Oh and I could listen to Kenya say "A-MAN-DAAAA" all day.

Edited by burner
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, glowlights said:

I would love a marathon of the first three seasons! But I'll take whatever Bravo throws my way... This is the #1 favorite show at our place, it's managed to elbow Keith Morrison out of top spot. (And we're relieved the dripsters have been dropped.)

I'd watch any season Bravo re-ran; there's no time limit on my laughter.

"Dripsters" - I DIE!  :-)

• Love 2

We seriously all need to chip in and send Teddi money to reupholster her couch after Ayn's constant crumb-dropping. That pink is showing the wear and tear.

Rachel's choice of stores she'd need to have cordoned off with her made me laugh: Wal-Mart, TJ Maxx, Target, Whole Foods and ... Chick-fil-A. I'd need something pizza-related myself. I stumbled on this about her -- she's an adjunct professor of speech communication at the University of La Verne. Huh.

Ayn, don't ever change. Who else would explain quintuplets as Cinco de Mayo?

• Love 5

I laughed hard when the Eyes Wide Shut party featured naked women, and Scott, Blake and Emerson had their noses buried in their smart phones.

Another family that elects to have multiple infants, then immediately thrusts them onto TV (with hands held out for a paycheck). No thank you.

Papa Zeno is lucky he didn't draw back a nub of a foot. He really pushed his luck there. He and Mama Zeno seemed a bit cranky.

Kenya is a hoot. I'd enjoy hanging out with her, listening to her pithy observations.

• Love 3

This was a good episode. I enjoyed the black and white chihuahua being lovely dovey with Julie while they were watching dancing with the stars. The older ladies were especially funny this week I thought. Maybe the one who owns the couch can claim cleaning it or re-upholstering it as a business expense. 

• Love 3

I can only imagine the number of #afterbirth pictures poor Rashawn must be getting. Even I didn't think Princella's story of Lamont using the manual breast pump was necessary in front of their son, although I did enjoy her putting him on the hot seat about which parent he'd choose to live with after a divorce. That boy is the soul of discretion, I must say. Never complain, never explain, never answer loaded questions.

• Love 5

Unless my gaydar is completely malfunctioning, there's no need for him to do so. (I'm still expecting an announcement someday from at least the younger of the Egber sons, though.)

• Love 4
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

41 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

Unless my gaydar is completely malfunctioning, there's no need for him to do so. (I'm still expecting an announcement someday from at least the younger of the Egber sons, though.)

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. My gaydar is off the charts to the point I've developed a serious crush. ITA with Egber son, though.

It's so funny to me that that one couple apparently got sacked. They didn't bother me at all but most everyone on here HATED them. It's almost like Bravo reads here and takes that feedback seriously.

Edited by delicatecutter
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I laughed hard when the Eyes Wide Shut party featured naked women, and Scott, Blake and Emerson had their noses buried in their smart phones.

Another family that elects to have multiple infants, then immediately thrusts them onto TV (with hands held out for a paycheck). No thank you.

Yes! Even if Emerson, Scott and Blake were edited that way, it was hilarious.

And, duh, if you implant five dang embryos your chances of having quintuplets is pretty damn high. HATE when people do something completely voluntarily then stand there with their hands out. Really rubbed me the wrong way. That poor grandma...I felt for her. If you can't handle quints, parents, don't have them! This were not a spontaneous situation -- besides the odds of serious health problem for the babies with that many at once. This really struck a nerve with me obviously. :-(

• Love 7

So Rashawn is gay, yeah? His mom said something like "is that a female?" when he got a call or a text and that threw me off a bit. He's hilarious.

I think it's funny that they got rid of that couple in the middle of the season after adding them late in the season. That seemed odd to me. But I don't miss them. Would love the Egbers back though.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, delicatecutter said:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. My gaydar is off the charts to the point I've developed a serious crush. ITA with Egber son, though.

It's so funny to me that that one couple apparently got sacked. They didn't bother me at all but most everyone on here HATED them. It's almost like Bravo reads here and takes that feedback seriously.

I really can't wait until the term "gaydar"  is retired. 

• Love 5

They've shown Rashawn multiple times busted checking out women during viewings and he clearly talks about girls with his dad. He already knew Peanut had a girl he was talking to. I don't think any of this equals gay. 

This was a interesting episode that it's proof of concept for me. I don't think I gave a damn about any of the shows minus Greys Anatomy which I still watch. But, I still loved the episode.

Bravo's shows outside of this are just the worst the though. I watch some junk reality TV but damn. This shit looks to be not interesting at all, not funny and often filled a lot of supposed important people I don't know or care about.

Lastly, if vh1 ever reboots the i love the...series again. Get these guys on a retainer. Minus the sister's of feet and Yas Bitch woman.

• Love 3

I'll occasionally check out Andy Cohen's show if he has a guest I like, but this and original recipe Below Deck are my only appointment viewing shows on the channel.

4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I really can't wait until the term "gaydar"  is retired. 

I'd say watching shows on Bravo and frequenting discussion groups about them are choices that will result in frustration for you for decades in that case.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bruinsfan said:

I'd say watching shows on Bravo and frequenting discussion groups about them are choices that will result in frustration for you for decades in that case.

You would be surprised. Language particularly on moderated forums can change in a nanosecond. 

I thought Princella was going to snap Lamont's foot off at one point--he was pushing it, lol! I wonder if he's been over the top about his injury around the house and she's had enough.

I did love them pushing Peanut to pick a parent--Lamont's whole "choooose!!" was hysterical.

• Love 1

A-maaaaan-da looked even more gorgeous than usual on Friday's ep. I think she changed her hair?

I just can't with Teddi constantly bitching about crumbs on her couch and having to clean while her friend is still sitting right there. Unless it's something dire like a wine spill, for god's sake don't most of us assume there will be some clean-up to do after guests leave? Look at Brandi and Julie's couch, for god's sake, it's practically a hazmat zone. Anyway, I've started imagining Teddi has spent the past few decades at Shady Acres Home for Loony Old Bats and all her stories about world cruises, wild parties, yachts, etc. are just part of her dementia, and Ayn and Sue play along because they're good people. Teddi's a lot more fun that way.

"Cinco De Mayo" was brilliant.

But it made me sad when Lamont talked about the racist Uber drive saying "you're not going to kill me, are you?" :(

• Love 6

Maybe I'm just slow on the uptake, but I never noticed the lack of Teddi, Ayn, & Sue on Bravo show commentaries, especially HWs, until now.  They weren't in any featured clips last night on the Best of Bravo.  But I could have sworn they'd commented on Below Deck and/or MDL in the past.

Not slow on the uptake - I noticed they were missing too and we had a segment or two with the goth couple that is no longer on the show.  I guess they couldn't do absolutely everything in one show, which is fine by me - that means there may be additional 'bonus' episodes and I have no problem with that.

• Love 1
(edited)

Scott tweeted what they will be watching: Scandal, The Good Wife, Million Dollar Listing NY, Undercover Boss, The Detour, Coupled, and Chelsea.

Eta: the season finale is apparently next Thursday instead of Friday.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Do the dad and daughters have a Snyder pretzel deal? LOL.

Right? First time they've ever shown a specific snack brand and then ... oh, a pretzel commercial. Don't be product placement-ing my show!

• Love 3

When the doorbell rang at the Zenos', I was desperately wishing it was --

ME!!  Because, how much fun would I be havin' right now.

Of course I'd send this forum a postcard.

• Love 6

At first I thought someone a spread out giant bags of pretzels to block their feet. 

And squeee! They watched The Detour. Now I'm no longer one of the four people watching that masterpiece. It's too bad they're not on in the Summer. I'd love to watch Big Brother with these people.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, lordonia said:

Right? First time they've ever shown a specific snack brand and then ... oh, a pretzel commercial. Don't be product placement-ing my show!

Product-placing your show is how we get to keep these shows. Some pretzels on a coffee table for one segment is the smallest of small prices to pay.

Also, this show is one giant product placement for Bravo shows in the first place.

This episode really made me want to check out The Detour. I will sometime after all these finales are done.

I do hope this show comes back soon. It would actually make sense to go on a break now but by mid June at the least, there will be a full slate of shows to check out. Everybody trying to get those summertime eyeballs on the networks now.

• Love 6

I know that advertisers are what makes this show possible, but as silly as it sounds, their snacks are part of what I enjoy about watching.  The pretzel thing took me right out, but as I said before, it covered their feet, so...

• Love 2