Type keyword(s) to search

Season Four: Another reason to TGIF!

I was watching some of Emerson's old radio shows on YouTube and one from 2014 with Julie and Brandy mentioned that it would be fun to mix and match some of the couchies for a special episode. I think we've mentioned that here before, but Bravo needs to do it now!

Who would you swap? If I was thinking about his comfort, I'd put Rashawn with Kenya and Amanda, but if I was for my amusement, then he'd be with Ayn and Sue.

• Love 7

Do we think Cathy is the older sister? Their dynamic switches back and forth for me on which one is the bossiest.

I think Cathy's definitely the elder. She's got the calm and self-confidence of an elder sibling. Destiney has the try-too-hard attitude of a younger sibling.

I don't like the newbies either. Girl seems really fake. Didn't notice her nose ring at first and thought it was a booger (not sugar) from her fakey crying.

• Love 1

I would want Rashawn to open up, not shut down simply because he was put in an awkward situation.  For me that would get real tired soon.  Though I'm presuming here.  Rather I would like to see him with either Julie or Brandi since I think either would be fun and the type of person he would be able to relax with.  Though by now I suspect he has an idea of who the others already are so that removes some awkwardness. 

Here is my line up:

Princella, Ayn and Emerson

Scott, Amanda and Sue

Julie and Rashawn

Kenya, Teddi and Destiney (I think the first two would keep the last one in check a bit and somehow I see Kenya's matter of fact aspect bringing out the best in Teddi)

Blake and Cathy

Brandi and Lamont

The Resnicks and the new people can mix and match themselves off camera all they want. 

• Love 4

I wasn't keen on the newbies, but some of the others took some time to grow on me, so I'll wait and see.  He said a few amusing things softly, so he's the one to watch (at least until she settles down).  

I love seeing Rashawn participating actively -- what a difference a couple of years make!  

Do all the chihuahuas belong to either Julie or Brandy, or do they bring their dogs together for this?  Because there's a lot of fighting going on.  

I didn't care for the humping dog scene, except I did enjoy the penguin calling out for his/her mate.   

Now we know Teddi's kink is air popped popcorn.  Who knew?

• Love 1

- Still not sure if the building collapse in Vinyl was real or hallucination. Likewise, is that Walking Dead person really dead?

The Mercer building collapse was a real thing, and four people died, but it didn't happen during a New York Dolls concert. They did play that venue, though. Hearing "Personality Crisis" during the Vinyl segment was amazing! I've been singing it for two days. :)

The Zenos getting their own dance show would be the best show to ever happen in the entire world. Rashawn would be like that Cathy Candy Apples daughter on Dance Moms. Princella, make this happen!

That new couple definitely needs to gtfomtv. Yeesh. Maybe their dog could hang out at Julie and Brandi's place and barf on their floor, though? I'd hate to think of an innocent dog being fired.

I will absolutely vote for Nacho on the Disparate Mountains thingie!

• Love 5

I loved Julie's 40's movie star accent, or whatever, when she was talking to Peewee.  Also loved that they covered The Walking Dead because that's one show I actually watch.  I think I'd enjoy it more just watching their recaps.

Re new couple, don't like the girl but I like the guy.  He seems like a sweet boyfriend, and I have a soft spot for nerdy guys.

• Love 1

I found this when looking for the Pee Wee/Pringles clip -- apparently Emerson has a radio show (who knew) with Del Shores (had to look him up). Here's an episode of the show with Brandy and Julie as guests. They come on at about 15 minutes, but the first part is also worth watching to see a professional, political, and thoughtful side of Emerson.

Thank you for linking to that! I finally listened and it was so great to hear that side of Emerson. It's also cute when his Texan accent comes out in full force. :) And he knows how to work with gravity! lol

• Love 2

I'm not sure if it was that episode or another one I listened to, but Emerson also talked about how generally receptive and nice viewers have been to him about the show, except for gay men. He said the only negative comments the three of them get are from other gays, basically accusing them of being stereotypes. Emerson brushed it off, but I'm sure it can be a little disheartening at times.

He said when the show first started even the producers told them they didn't need to pretend to be so animated. Emerson said the three of them got together to watch TV even before TPC. That's honestly how they are! Deal with it. (Although I'm sure a lot of their saltier comments are left in editing. Julie and Brandy said the same goes for their stuff.)

• Love 3

He said when the show first started even the producers told them they didn't need to pretend to be so animated. Emerson said the three of them got together to watch TV even before TPC. That's honestly how they are! Deal with it. (Although I'm sure a lot of their saltier comments are left in editing. Julie and Brandy said the same goes for their stuff.)

Um.... unless the producers said the same thing to the Persian sisters, the Resnick daughters, etc. then this does not sit well with me. Of all the couchers, Emerson & Co. do not come off as trying too hard to me at all. I know guys who are like this when goofing around together. It's not pretending.

I caught a little bit of Hollywood Medium today at lunch and all I could think of was Emerson's line about when you date a medium you're also dating all the invisible people they talk to. lol

• Love 1
(edited)

Once Pee Wee pees on your throw pillow? Maybe it's time to take him for a walk. Oh, and rinse out the pillow!

I found the nonchalant attitude about the peeing sort of hysterical and on point for these two.  Not sure why because it's gross, but I felt like it was totally like both of them to be all, "he peed on the pillow...pass the Doritos!"

I didn't love the new couple because I don't think they are really necessary; however, I thought her crying was cute.  As someone who cries at weird shit and gets teased mercilessly by my family I thought it was funny.

And I want to be adopted by Lamont and Princella.  They are just too funny.

The whole Abby Lee Miller thing was hysterical too.  That show is such a trainwreck.

Edited to add that Broad City looks very funny.  I am going to have to start recording it!

Edited by Kerrey92
  • Love 4

I have never understood the mystique of that Abby on Dance Moms.  I know her only from the Soup but her comments always seem to be pretty much that whatever she says, the truth is the opposite.   Her comment about Debbie Allen being lazy just cracked me up.  I know Lamont wanted to go further on Abby's physical abilities but I think he cut himself short before saying something that might be offensive. 

I think I will have to archive the clip though because just seeing sit in that car and refuse to go in (why was she even there other to to make sure she got her minimum filming hours in) but just face planted herself in the Chinese take out.  I was so waiting for someone to comment on who the hell eats Chinese take out n the car?!?!? 

I did love Destiney's sister after the constant screaming how Ilana on Broad City is so her, finally gave her this tiny little side eyed look that seemed to say "you're sitting on the couch with cleavage that I just mistook for your knees and the presence of cameras filming is the most exciting thing that happens to you any week".

I don't think any of the couchies are completely "off" -- meaning they don't add a little extra if not actually have a little planned ahead.  I think it would be almost impossible to completely be unaware of the cameras.  I think that is why the Zenos and Brandy and Julie are my favorites though.  Followed by the three older ladies.  All seem to have relaxed the most in front of the cameras for me.  The ladies to me seem to be the ones to somehow be the most aware the cameras are there and yet defy it in a way.  I think because the personalities actually clash a little even as they get along and that takes them out of the tension of knowing they are being filmed.  Julia and Brandy and the Zenos all seem to have zero fucks to give in a great way and in each person's own way.  Kenya and Amanda seem natural as well.  In the way that you might be a little more 'on' when you are with a group of friends that you want to impress or simply make sure you are not the one person "keeping up".  I do like the three guys.  But sometimes Scott does seem a little extra "on".  I have noticed more than once Blake and Emerson both giving him a sort of "o-kaaay" look at times that makes me think they maybe he is trying too hard.

But I also fully understand and enjoy that being "on" and being fake are two different things.   I don't think the Resnicks have stopped trying too hard and I think Destiney has actually gotten more aware of the cameras as the seasons have passed and is verging on being completely fake at times.

• Love 2

Oh and is Scott that gullible?  Really?  The Hollywood Medium throws out the word 'Bambi', Emerson proceeds to explain how broad and general and yet for many have some sort of trigger, Ross Matthews tells a personal involved association with the word and Scott then turns and says "but that specific?"  Because what did I miss other than the only person being specific was Ross Matthews.  Hollywood Medium just sat there and nodded after throwing out his original "Bambi"

*Sorry for the double post but I was tentative about editing to add this since I had a like (yay me!)

• Love 3

Oh and is Scott that gullible?  Really?  The Hollywood Medium throws out the word 'Bambi', Emerson proceeds to explain how broad and general and yet for many have some sort of trigger, Ross Matthews tells a personal involved association with the word and Scott then turns and says "but that specific?"  Because what did I miss other than the only person being specific was Ross Matthews.  Hollywood Medium just sat there and nodded after throwing out his original "Bambi"

*Sorry for the double post but I was tentative about editing to add this since I had a like (yay me!)

I was rolling my eyes SO much during that clip!

And now you have two likes!   ;-D

• Love 2

4 minutes in, and I'm here to say I HATE these new people. Can't stand them. Immediate dislike. Even though I eventually grew to like the Couchies I didn't much care for in their first seasons, I never flat out hated any of them. UNTIL NOW.

THANK YOU!!! I had instant hate for them too and it continues next episode. I hate their voices, I hate their unfunny comments, I hate her always sockless foot on the couch, just uggghh! They must be related to someone to have gotten cast, I'm sure after season 1 every Tom Dick and Harry sent in an audition tape and there's just no way I'm to believe they were the best they could find.

• Love 5
(edited)

It's not possible to be sad after spending time with the couchies, but that episode was pretty lackluster.

I think Budd and Scott need to get together and page through bridal magazines while discussing their future fantasy wedding must-haves. And did we know that Julie has been married before, or did I mishear that?

The editors sure had fun smash-cutting in shots of everyone snacking while watching The Biggest Loser. How is the winner determined on that show -- which person has lost the most weight? Both the finalists were very thin in the end.

I want to stand outside Teddi's balcony and shout curse words up at her. No swearing in her house, my ass.

Kenya, be a sister and tell Amanda whether or not those jeans give her camel toe.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 1

I'm really not understanding the dislike for the new couple. But, I also admit to not understanding a lot of things that bother people with TV shows. The issues just never really bother me that much. The couple was fine. Nothing for me to personally get irritated by.

I will also add that a new addition was needed. There was a missing dynamic to this show where there were no couples together. Especially, without kids. Out of all groups, couples watching TV together are probably the most common but missing here. I dont know anyone teenage or adult that watches TV with their parents on a regular basis too. Not saying it doesn't happen. I just don't think it's a dynamic that happens as much this show presents.

• Love 2

And here I thought the new couple were married, but I guess they are not. Still not people I want to spend my valuable couch time with though; especially the woman, she's totally charm free.

That was the most animated I have seen Rashawn, watching Downton Abbey. It was cute seeing how into the show he got.

• Love 4

Now I am curious about the Rensick kids mom. They clergy went to Morocco at an early age and they said that because he was married to their mother Joe was exposed to the best to the best Moroccan food.

• Love 3

I cannot stand not Bea Arthur.

I guess that means Ayn is Rose and Sue is Blanche? :)

Not that there haven't been people I dislike at first sight for no good reason, but Budd and Mackenna haven't hit that spot for me. They haven't been awesomely sharp or funny so far, but neither are the majority of the couchies. I'm good with their reactions/interactions and random chit chat. I do want to know how long they've been dating for Mackenna to kinda sorta be waiting for Budd to propose already. We need a nickname for them, though: Vomit Dogs, maybe?

I think the only thing that would make me actively dislike a couchie is if he/she was a bad-tempered ass who wasn't having fun with this. Teddi, you say? Sort of! But even so, I enjoy the contrast between her and Ayn/Sue. And I truly love how obviously tight Princella and Lamont are, and Andrew and Julie Egber were. Cathy and Destiney bicker but you know if it ever came to it, they would take on the world for each other. Or just some loudmouth at their bar.

Brandy hasn't mentioned her husband in a long time and I've been wondering if they're still together. This is him according to IMDB.

• Love 2

I love how Rashawn was eating a big bowl of Flamin Hot Funyuns during The Biggest Loser segment.

I love that you recognized them! :)

My favorite snack is the Red Vines arranged in a tall glass like flowers. Princella, naturally.

• Love 3

I guess that means Ayn is Rose and Sue is Blanche? :)

Not that there haven't been people I dislike at first sight for no good reason, but Budd and Mackenna haven't hit that spot for me. They haven't been awesomely sharp or funny so far, but neither are the majority of the couchies. I'm good with their reactions/interactions and random chit chat. I do want to know how long they've been dating for Mackenna to kinda sorta be waiting for Budd to propose already. We need a nickname for them, though: Vomit Dogs, maybe?

I think the only thing that would make me actively dislike a couchie is if he/she was a bad-tempered ass who wasn't having fun with this. Teddi, you say? Sort of! But even so, I enjoy the contrast between her and Ayn/Sue. And I truly love how obviously tight Princella and Lamont are, and Andrew and Julie Egber were. Cathy and Destiney bicker but you know if it ever came to it, they would take on the world for each other. Or just some loudmouth at their bar.

Brandy hasn't mentioned her husband in a long time and I've been wondering if they're still together. This is him according to IMDB.

Works for me.

RE: Brandy's husband.  I saw that she said something about being happily married eight years so, they were still together in late 2015 but I think it was tied to this new season so it could have easily been made this year. 

• Love 1

I can't believe she's married to the vamp that Dawn snuck out and went parking with on Halloween.

• Love 2

It's easy to be the favorite child when you have been missing for 10 years!-Emerson never leave me!!!

The new couple annoy me more than the time they were putting in people from other Bravo shows like that Euro trash bunch.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5

I love the way Lamont and Rashawn look at each other and laugh. Usually behind Princella's back since she leans forward so much. I swear, if I ever saw that family IRL, I would fangirl out.

So here's my dilemma: Mazel tov to Brandy and Julie and anyone else who gets a kick out of the Housewives, but I can't with any of those shows. Like, at all. I'm then faced with the choice of fast-forwarding those segments or squirm-watching them just so I don't miss out on any funny comments. And they're featured over and over -- thanks, Bravo.

I looked up their ages and that Johnny Drama guy is 10 years older than Wahlberg. How can anyone be childhood friends with someone when there's that much of an age difference? Unless Drama was the babysitter or something. I dunno. Seems weird and that's not even taking the guy's rapping into consideration. The couchies were right to cover their eyes.

No Golden Girls! I would have liked to hear their motherly take on the Real O'Neals.

• Love 1

I love the way Lamont and Rashawn look at each other and laugh. Usually behind Princella's back since she leans forward so much. I swear, if I ever saw that family IRL, I would fangirl out.

So here's my dilemma: Mazel tov to Brandy and Julie and anyone else who gets a kick out of the Housewives, but I can't with any of those shows. Like, at all. I'm then faced with the choice of fast-forwarding those segments or squirm-watching them just so I don't miss out on any funny comments. And they're featured over and over -- thanks, Bravo.

I looked up their ages and that Johnny Drama guy is 10 years older than Wahlberg. How can anyone be childhood friends with someone when there's that much of an age difference? Unless Drama was the babysitter or something. I dunno. Seems weird and that's not even taking the guy's rapping into consideration. The couchies were right to cover their eyes.

No Golden Girls! I would have liked to hear their motherly take on the Real O'Neals.

They probably knew him from the neighborhood, or he was friends with one of his older siblings, most likely.

Basically for ten years my selected tv show viewings would not be complete until I came here or to our previous snark site to read the comments. I only began watching the People's Couch this season and have enjoyed it immensely.  Like others here, my faves are Julie and Brandy and the Zeno (Xeno?) family.  I love the dynamic between those three, especially.  But I can only admit to my fellow posters and lurkers here that I am now WATCHING a tv show about PEOPLE watching tv shows, then coming here to read about what people are SAYING about said tv show!  I am such Bravo's bitch.

• Love 15

Welcome to the club.  Not that there's anything wrong with it!  We all need guilty pleasures.

Or as my daughter puts it, "They're still running it.  There must be people other than us who watch it!"

• Love 6

You just described pretty much every show they watch.  Oddly enough save Real Housewives because I love to hate watch the crap out those shows for the most part.  But I don't like the Walking Dead.  I think Shonda Rhimes writes some of the crappiest over wrought to the point of ridiculous shows ever made.  I would rather jab pencils in my eyes and ears than watch Dance Moms or Crissley Knows Best or any of the medical shows.  And barring Top Chef pretty much all the other stuff Bravo has on of late. 

Other than the snake thing the other week I usually sit through it.  But I really get an itchy fast forward finger when they seem to devote an extra long segment to a show I dislike or just find incredibly boring but overweening in self-importance coughScandalcough.  Mostly though the show works because the segments don't drag on too much and there is something else.  But combine a bunch like the episode that had the Super Bowl featured?  Death rattle sets in.

• Love 2

Julie lifting Nacho while he was growling to make a beautiful symphony was my everything!  I rewound it several times and laughed till tears were streaming down my face.  Too bad it happened during a commercial break, because I'd watch that clip every damned day of my life if it was on youtube...

• Love 6

They probably knew him from the neighborhood, or he was friends with one of his older siblings, most likely.

Yeah, there are 9 kids in that family, so I'm sure it's quite an age span. Mark's the youngest if I recall correctly.

I mentioned this in the other thread but my favorite line of the night was Emerson calling himself the brains, Blake the beauty and Scott the brawn!

Edited by ExplainItAgain
  • Love 2

Emerson's not wrong.

Are Budd and the donkey-faced girl really a couple? He seemed awfully smitten with Taye Diggs... I'd advise her not to hold her breath while waiting for that proposal.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 1

You just described pretty much every show they watch.  Oddly enough save Real Housewives because I love to hate watch the crap out those shows for the most part.  But I don't like the Walking Dead.  I think Shonda Rhimes writes some of the crappiest over wrought to the point of ridiculous shows ever made.  I would rather jab pencils in my eyes and ears than watch Dance Moms or Crissley Knows Best or any of the medical shows.  And barring Top Chef pretty much all the other stuff Bravo has on of late. 

Other than the snake thing the other week I usually sit through it.  But I really get an itchy fast forward finger when they seem to devote an extra long segment to a show I dislike or just find incredibly boring but overweening in self-importance coughScandalcough.  Mostly though the show works because the segments don't drag on too much and there is something else.  But combine a bunch like the episode that had the Super Bowl featured?  Death rattle sets in.

I was just saying tonight that based on what I see, I don't feel a desire to watch any of the shows that they watch, other than some that I'm already watching.  If that makes sense.  

Are Budd and the donkey-faced girl really a couple? He seemed awfully smitten with Taye Diggs... I'd advise her not to hold her breath while waiting for that proposal.

Didn't she get up to pee last week too?  Gotta come up with a new "thing" before she becomes Baby Bladder Girl...

Edited by Lone Wolf

Damn, do we have to name call the new woman too. She hasn't been or mean spirited at all. Just a bit dull and overreacting at the most. I really don't understand the hate on for those two. I'm not a huge fan of them or anything. They are just largely inoffensive and don't add that much. Sure, I would like new additions to be more dynamic than them but I still don't hate them. They are fine. I did love that the dude was comfortable enough to just think Taye Diggs is attractive without putting a disclaimer on it. He's a good looking dude.

Zeno family will always be the MVPs though. Always makes me laugh, have a great dynamic and no pets which is a plus for me. I don't like animals so all the love for the pets just miss me. Not a fan.

• Love 1

They've added nothing. I have an irrational dislike of her because of the nose piercing. It is probably a generational thing.....I can't take the ear holes either.

But he seemed totally too into Taye Diggs.

• Love 1

Did I write this post in my sleep??? Actually, I watch the whole thing, but after Bethany left the only Housewives show I ever watched with any kind of regularity, I pretty much stop watching completely. All other cities's wives just seem boring and dumb.

Julie lifting Nacho while he was growling to make a beautiful symphony was my everything!  I rewound it several times and laughed till tears were streaming down my face.  Too bad it happened during a commercial break, because I'd watch that clip every damned day of my life if it was on youtube...

Ohmigawd, yes! I loved it to death. One of my dogs (dachshunds) would totally do that! She's very, er, vocal.

I don't hate the new couple. They're just kinda ....there. And dull. The guy is showing incipient signs of a nice dry wit, but the woman seems pretty wit-less to this point. And, yeah, my niece has all kinds of tats and piercings and the gauges (i.e. the ear holes), but nose rings -- especially ones like the new woman has -- from more than three feet away just look like dried, droopy boogers. Yuck.

• Love 2

Loved Rashawn saying he was no longer in danger of being kidnapped by holding his arms out to be picked up by random strangers anymore.

I am aggravated that some of the ladies are on their phones during the show.  LADIES, you have ONE JOB HERE!

It's one thing to do a show-related search, or vote during the Voice, or whatever, but if you're just scrolling through email while your couch-mate is talking about the show, shame on you.  And I actually mean that.  It's happening WAY too much this season.    

• Love 4
I am aggravated that some of the ladies are on their phones during the show.  LADIES, you have ONE JOB HERE!

Now I'm wondering what kind of agreements All3Media has to air the clips. I don't remember the couchies ever commenting about a show being really bad -- stupid or boring or terrible. Maybe all negative comments are purposefully left in editing so as not to piss off the relevant networks? The only indication we get about lack of interest is people being on their phones.

I've never even noticed Mackenna's nose ring! Guess I need a bigger TV or better vision or the strength to pay attention.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 1

Three episodes in and ... yeah, still hate them. For those who keep commenting that they don't understand the hate, honestly, do you really need to? It just is for some of us. That shouldn't lessen anyone else's enjoyment.

Never seen Joe Resnick laugh that loud or be as animated as he was during Broad City.

Edited to add that Broad City looks very funny.  I am going to have to start recording it!

I had only vaguely heard of this show before TPC, and the clip didn't blow me away but it made me willing to at least check it out. One episode led to hours spent watching their original YouTube shorts, then Seasons one and two. I am a total convert! And I owe it all to TPC.

I was watching some of Emerson's old radio shows on YouTube and one from 2014 with Julie and Brandy mentioned that it would be fun to mix and match some of the couchies for a special episode. I think we've mentioned that here before, but Bravo needs to do it now!

Who would you swap? If I was thinking about his comfort, I'd put Rashawn with Kenya and Amanda, but if I was for my amusement, then he'd be with Ayn and Sue.

I would definitely put Ayn with Brandy and Julie, and then send her off to Scott, Blake and Emerson. Kenya, Amanda and Princella would get a turn, and maybe a full shake up giving us Emerson, Ayn and Brandy.

THANK YOU!!! I had instant hate for them too and it continues next episode. I hate their voices, I hate their unfunny comments, I hate her always sockless foot on the couch, just uggghh!

Bitches eatin' crackers. :)

• Love 4

Three episodes in and ... yeah, still hate them. For those who keep commenting that they don't understand the hate, honestly, do you really need to? It just is for some of us. That shouldn't lessen anyone else's enjoyment.

I had only vaguely heard of this show before TPC, and the clip didn't blow me away but it made me willing to at least check it out. One episode led to hours spent watching their original YouTube shorts, then Seasons one and two. I am a total convert! And I owe it all to TPC.

I would definitely put Ayn with Brandy and Julie, and then send her off to Scott, Blake and Emerson. Kenya, Amanda and Princella would get a turn, and maybe a full shake up giving us Emerson, Ayn and Brandy.

Bitches eatin' crackers. :)

lmao. Exactly.

Tho I now have to begrudgingly say he did make me laugh, though I don't think it was on purpose. Oh gosh...fuzzy memory dont fail me now. I think it was when he was talking about Taye Diggs. He says (paraphrasing) "Taye Diggs has the best smile. He can just really light up a room" with this complete innocent, lack of awareness; he wasn't being snarky, he wasn't being sarcastic, but he wasn't necessarily fawning all over him. It was just so funny to me to hear such an opinionated colorful description stated in this very child-like, matter of fact tone. Of course the girl then completely ruined it by over-acting her surprise, swinging her head around, mouth gaping open in utter shock, knock it off already. And I just wanna yank that booger out of her nose.

Anyway, I did his comment no justice with my rambling description, but it did actually make me crack up, tho I really don't think he meant it to.

• Love 1