Type keyword(s) to search

Season Four: Another reason to TGIF!

Maybe it is the lack of the Egberts which means more of the sisters and dad and the Persian sisters.  In any case both are annoying me more already than they used to.  I think Teddi is the only one I would not think sitting down for lunch with would be fun.   She seems like if you don't hit exactly the right note with her immediately she is going to find you wanting.  And won't do much to hide it.  I find her amusing on the show because she offers up an extreme that is many times funny in contrast to the others and just fun in light of what they are watching.  But in person?  She is definitely near the bottom of list in imaginary tv friends.  At least for this show.

• Love 1

As Jane Austen would say, "Teddie is above her company."

However, I can't help but laugh at her random "been there/done that" references. And if she hasn't her kids have. And none of it impressed her.

• Love 7

How can this show just keep getting better and better??!  Maybe it's because some of the couchies that used annoy I've gotten used to and even like (tolerate?) now. Like My Three notSons. And Shahs of Sisters.

My most favorite quips this week. I like to think someday, when they take this show off this thread will be discovered and some future PTVer will see what they missed and rant and shake their fists at the sky and ask "why, god, why is this no longer on??" Then give Andy Cohen the beating he so roundly deserves. Just because.

Real Housewives of Potomac

Scott/Emerson/Blake

* So basically, it's Real Housewives of Outside of DC?
* You don't Divorce somebody and keep them in your house! 

* She can't even smile right, it's upside down princess smile.
* I don't like her. "She gon' be goood drama though!"

* Holy cow! We know where Potomac is now ... Shadesville!

Amanda/Kenya
* That's her man or is that's her father? "Her man." Stop it! 

Zenos

*I can't take herrrrrrooomygoooddd. No! (everyone stares at Lamont)

Golden Globes

Teddi/Ayn/Sue

*I went once. "Did you?" Well my son was nominated. Everyone asked me how it was and I said "eternal."

Bwah! Gotta love Teddi's unfailing refusal to enjoy anything.

(On Taraji's win): "I heard she's crazy." "I hope so (Sue)."

(About Leo): "I know him (Sue)." "Leonardo DiCaprio?" "Oh, is that who that is? (Sue)" 

Brandi's face was super red when Mel came out! Like he was going to expose something about her, lol.

Hell's Kitchen

Zenos

* I cooked something once. It was good." "According to who?(Princella)" "It was good, right? It came out ... it was .. ... wasn't it?
* They makin' him mad. Gordon's gonna lose all his hair he worked so hard to get to look good for us.

T/A/S 

*I was a good cook. I cooked 3 meals a day for 98 years (Sue).

Skin Tight

Brandi/Julie

* Brandi - watches woman unfold layers of skin from her pants...throws her handful of M&Ms back in candy dish
* Julie - Stares in fascination while still eating her M&Ms

K/A
* (Kenya staring) Oh! My! Am! (can't finish the word Amanda)

Dad/Sisters
*Oh my god I can't see this. (Dad)
*That is legit muffin top. (Daughter #2)

Zenos
*I'm gonna start a go fund me. "For what? You think people gonna give money for YOU to have a straight up surgery? They're going to give you money? They're going to tell you to do some push aways (Lamont)" What's a push away? "This - push that damned stuff away *pushes plates*"

Billions

T/A/S
*(Golden shower scene) "That's awful" "Some people are into that"  -cut to -

J/B
*(Golden shower scene) Brandi: "Oh, I'm so into this now."
*Is he like, a criminal? "Isn't everyone who's rich(Brandi)?" Right.
*If I had 700 million dollars I'd take 63 million and it would be me in a commercial (sings) Go fuck yourself, go fuck yourself.."I could make that commercial for you right now for like, 2 thousand dollars.(Brandi)"

S/E/B
* (Scott, confused) What just happened? "Boop boop boop, math. (Emerson)" "Technical ... financial ... jargon (Blake)"
*That's ONE house? I would do a lot of things wrong for that view.

Galavant

S/E/B
*[bad English accent] I think we should talk like this when we watch this show. "In faux Madonna?(Emerson)" 

Colony:

T/A/S
* I hope it's good. "I hope they have a little sex on this. That would be nice.(Ayn)"
* I need more sex scenes. "No, it gives you too many ideas Ayn (Sue)." I already have those ideas. "What are you going to do with them? (Sue)" Nothing.

S/E/B

*Aliens got your ass. "I don't think it was aliens, it was probably some resistance bombers, blew up the checkpoint. You just picked the wrong damn day to be smuggled into Santa Monica.(Emerson)"

Prancing Elites

T/A/S

*(Teddi, irate) Why do you say southerners are prudish? I don't get this. I lived in Atlanta for 32 years - "And you're prudish.(Ayn)" Bullshit!

A/K
*Why is their makeup better than mine?? Are you usin' mascara? Is it lashes? What is it??!!"

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 3

Papa Zeno (not an exact quote) "Think of all the great people in the world. If no one had yelled at them, they'd be average as hell." Also, he was in a non-corny acapella group in high school. And they made him get up with his leg brace to try and answer the phone. Love the Zenos!

And, this episode I believe Brandi referred to the thrid Chihuahua as Mya or Maya, so now I know the names of all the dogs! Pee Wee and Nacho are the other two. I liked Julie and Brandi being over the two women being about to make out with each other and the husband of the one. I loved Kenya saying firmly,"He'd have a broken neck. He'd have a broken neck." I agree with her moral compass.

Good episode. I'm not great with technology, but I laughed at the older ladies just trying to find and play the stuff they need to watch. It wasn't a mean laugh.

• Love 5

Great show this week! It had me doubled over in laughter a few times.

The way that the couchies were watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend with their hands over their eyes? That was me the couple times I saw it. It's so cringe-y!

Aw, Cathy and Destiney were so excited to see Persians on TV! Too bad the wife on the show only represented as a ho.

There were some awesome looks given this week:

- Lamont, when Princella picked food out of his teeth then brushed it off on his shirtsleeve.

- Kenya, when Amanda said the one thing she wouldn't compromise in a marriage is the poo shooter.

- Joe, when one of his daughters expressed her surprise that "they knew the lyrics together!"

- Blake, when Emerson said Rachel Bloom didn't need to be worried about Blake writing original songs for her show.

- Julie, when Brandy accused her of "eating a ton of box".

- Rashawn, when Princella told him the aliens would abduct him because he's shaped just like them and his clothes would fit.

And major kudos to the editors for cutting in a shot of one of the chihuahuas perking up his ears when the doctor on TV said "finger in the rectum."

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 7

YESSSS!  Except Princella wants a cat, which could be just as entertaining if it was anything like my Babalu, who stands and purrs while I spank a drum solo on his body for the entire opening theme music on Game of Thrones.  :-)

ETA - for those of you who don't watch GoT, it is a VERY long intro, and most cats don't take kindly to being spanked.

My cat is a total freak.  He loves nothing more than being firmly spanked on his lower back area right near his tail.  He gets on his tippy toes and strongly protests when I stop.  His name is Stache (because he rocks half a mustache) but I usually call him Freakazoid.

• Love 3

Ooh! The website extras include screenshots of the best doggie moments and gives the third chihuahua's name as Mighty Mouse. I heard it as "Maya," too. I think they watch at Brandy's house but we still don't know if they're all her dogs or if Julie brings hers over, or it's a combination.

The potato grader should be our TPC secret clubhouse joke when watching singing competitions:

He's a fry!

Mashed!

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 4

Me too I loved them, Dad was a hoot. They were much better than the other family of the sisters with their dad on a couch. I don't want anyone dropped from the show -- but IF a weak link needs to be dropped it's them. The heavy set family with two sons in bed was MUCH funnier than the dad and sisters on a sofa. THEY were the weakest link.

And the feet! I don't need to always see the bottoms of their feet. I don't know why it bugs me so much.

• Love 1
I laughed like a fool when they were all watching "Baskets."

I saw some ads for it and it was very Not For Me, but Julie and Brandy were cracking up. Leave it to them to figure out the mom was Louie Anderson in a dress.

... and let's spare a moment for Rashawn's pain: how in hell is he supposed to date when he spends all his damned time with his fool parents?!!

Ayn's haircut was cute but I feel like sending Teddi a link to the DirecTV instruction manual.

Thanks to Destiney, I now know what Smart & Final is. Turns out those are the names of the founders -- I was thinking it was a discount store with no returns or something. I'll have to take her word that it was one of their salad bowls on Game Night.

Shall we think of more lesbian-approved movies for Julie to guess the actresses?

Personal Best!

Chasing Amy!

One of the three sisters expresses amazement that crazy ex and crazy ex both know the lyrics of the song they sing. "That's freakin' crazy!". Sister and father give major side eye.

Speaking of.. at one point father's hand was on daughter's knee and it was seriously weird. Not that I believe they're actually that way or any thing but I just have never seen anybody but a lover do that. Her bare knees were up and his hand was just sitting there.

Princella telling son the aliens would come for him because his clothes would fit them...

" that's disgusting - that's why you don't sleep with strangers. Do you hear me?". "Who the fuck are you talking to?"

The glow stick story was definitely for the best of reel. From the dogs scurrying in horror around the sofa to the various expressions of indignation and horror... Just wish we'd had the Zeno/older ladies reactions to that one.

"She would feel that."

"Would she?"

"She SHOULD!"

"You'd better know your wife's cookie! I don't care! By now he should know that."

Seriously, though - what kind of whackadoodle urethra does she have that she doesn't call a halt to the glowstick penetration waay before it reaches the bladder?

Did Brandi really say "yuck" to Crazy Ex-Girlfriend licking the stripper pole ... right after tongue kissing the dog??! Umm.. pole please!

This week's episode wasn't as chock full of chucks moments for me as others, but we remain grateful, oh Bravo gods. My tops:

Newlyweds

- Cute how excited Sisters of Sunset were to see the Persian restaurant and talk about what they would order. I guess it really IS important for people to see themselves in the shows they watch! The more you know... *Cue rainbow*

- Julie: How can you possibly forget that (you're young and fun) living in New York? It's where you never forget that! Brandi: In New York we're dorks, but in Tampa we RULE!

- Princella: They at the crib! They at the crib! Lamont (admonishing): That's her best friend. Princella: It's about to go down. Lamont: That's her best friend! Princella: It's about to go down.

- LMAO at the Golden Girls getting all involved and scolding Rob and Ro for arguing: "One at a time!" complete with wagging finger by Sue. They must remind them of their grandkids.
- Kenya: What wouldn't you compromise in a marriage Amanda? Amanda: The poop chute. No going in the poop chute. Kenya: Ahh..*bleep*
- Lamont: Rashawn, date! Date forever! Rashawn: Who? Who do I be around?? I'm around y'all everyyydayy!

Really disappointed we didn't get to see the GBFs reaction to Newlyweds this week.

X-Files

- Emerson on Joel McHale's appearance: I feel like he's about to make fun of Tyra Banks.
- "I'm prepared to go all in, and blow apart perhaps the evilest conspiracy the world has ever known" Emersen: Capri pants.

• Love 3

I had to laugh at Brandi's "try living month to month".  The three sisters are really annoying yet again.   They seem so affected in their reactions.  Going off on how gross dad is with his pun even though it wasn't like it was insinuating anything so much as putting a tongue-in-cheek but thinly more polite phrasing of what was being told and shown right in front of them.  And then two of them give even grosser and more crude analysis.  Why can't they go away?

It was funny watching the three ladies trying too figure out the remote.  And then saying she got it to work by pressing down hard on the middle button (I suspect she was not pressing on the middle button at all until she did and it worked) but then finishing with saying it was with the left thumb as if that was the key element in getting it to work. 

The guy in the middle of the three guys.  Does he have a different make up artist?  Or is he getting filler?  One time he looks handsome and then the next time his face is so odd and overdone and almost freakish.  Gillian Anderson freakish (I have groaned looking into the mirror in the morning but I suspect if Is saw someone else's face that looked like it was pretending to be me looking out I would fall over dead in shock and fear.  It's not that she looks bad.  It is just...not her.  Well okay, its a little bad as well.

• Love 1

I think that counts as a tragedy. :( Hopefully this ep will be rerun before next Friday and your DVR will catch it.

No. Like so many other shows these days, you have to wait a week before seeing it again.

• Love 1

I miss the Egberts but think of them every night when I use my neck pillow to read in bed.  

This show almost always has me laughing.  I could watch three hours of this every night and not get bored.  Julie and Brandi are my best tv friends.  

The three sisters are really annoying yet again.   They seem so affected in their reactions.

The three sisters don't bother me, but the Persian sister (the one who called her nephew a little fuck face) seems to be playing more to the camera this season.

• Love 4
The three sisters don't bother me, but the Persian sister (the one who called her nephew a little fuck face) seems to be playing more to the camera this season.

The one on the right who is now dressing for the red carpet instead of the sofa?

I saw some ads for it and it was very Not For Me, but Julie and Brandy were cracking up. Leave it to them to figure out the mom was Louie Anderson in a dress.

Ayn's haircut was cute but I feel like sending Teddi a link to the DirecTV instruction manual.

I didn't think "Baskets" would be for me, either, but after two episodes both my sister and I have found it's grown on us. And I knew it was Louie Anderson as soon as he spoke ... but it was kinda freaky.

Love Ayn's haircut. And I love that it was Sue, of all three of them, that got the show to play.

• Love 3

I asked my nurse friend about the likelihood of accidentally sending a glow stick up the urethra.  She called shenanigans.

Which isn't to say it didn't happen.  It might have been intentionally put in the urethra -- some people will stick stuff just about anywhere on purpose. They probably didn't intend to lose it in the bladder, so they had to invent the rest of the story.  Which the ER staff would not have believed.  Because it's not the sort of thing one could do easily with a blunt object and an unwilling recipient.

This discussion livened up yoga class considerably.  

• Love 5

I'm still perplexed about the glow stick too.  I mean, I know things can go in a urethra (hello there catheter!) but I can't imagine a glowstick making its way up there without the owner of said urethra noticing, especially if you weren't meaning to put it there.  It's not exactly a roomy passageway.  Unless there's some other way for something to go from vagina to bladder that I'm unaware of. 

I must have missed the urethra part, she was yelling it was in her vagina when they wheeled her in.

They checked her vagina (she and hubby had checked it also!) and it wasn't there.  Turned out it was in her bladder, which means it went up the urethra and then popped beyond to the bladder.

My friend demonstrated the size of a typical catheter, which was larger than I had imagined, but not quite so thick as any glowstick I've ever seen.  Also, if you think of it (and you may not want to), how could you even sit down with something that rigid in your bladder? Which is about the size of a pear.  A pear with a glowstick in it.  Which would either be all poke-y or, if the bladder were full enough, bobbing around in there.  Surely you'd FEEL it.

Sorry for having given this far too much thought.

• Love 1

I always have a hard time with couples like the glow stick one because I can't for the life of me, figure out why anyone would go on a show like this anyway.  So I have to figure none of what they say is credible.  I'm even thinking they don't even have sex and it was something even stupider and sex was the best way to sell it.

And why was the blue sperm guy painted blue?  They never touched on that.  It looked like he had been to a sporting event and painted himself in the team's colors or had gone to a costume party.  So that was a red herring right?  It was some kind of bacteria?  And yet he had time to wack off in between the whys he was painted blue and the trip to the emergency room?  It was pretty odd the way the show edited the whole thing.  They should have just stuck with the glow stick story.  Sorry for the pun.

• Love 2

I just discovered this show near the end of last season.  Top Chef is the only thing I can stand on Bravo, so I'm glad that they cover shows from different networks. This is probably the reason why it took me so long to stumble across it too.  I need to tell my friends about it to make sure it stays on.  And apropos of nothing, I am totally hetero, but I really have a girl crush on Julie.

• Love 7

And why was the blue sperm guy painted blue?  They never touched on that.  It looked like he had been to a sporting event and painted himself in the team's colors or had gone to a costume party.  So that was a red herring right?  It was some kind of bacteria?  And yet he had time to wack off in between the whys he was painted blue and the trip to the emergency room?  It was pretty odd the way the show edited the whole thing.  They should have just stuck with the glow stick story.  Sorry for the pun.

I want to know the same thing.  Did he actually have the bacteria? Why was he painted blue? I want to find the entire episode because I need to know these things.  I also want to know how they got the glowstick out of her urethra.  

Tonight's show was a little boring.  Maybe it's because of the shows selected to be viewed. 

Shout out to anyone who watched the OJ show Tuesday night.  Did I miss something but I don't remember the scene with OJ threatening to kill himself.  Did I miss something? 

I also miss the Egberts'.  I don't find the the father with the three sisters all that entertaining. 

• Love 1

Tonight's show was a little boring.  Maybe it's because of the shows selected to be viewed. 

Shout out to anyone who watched the OJ show Tuesday night.  Did I miss something but I don't remember the scene with OJ threatening to kill himself.  Did I miss something? 

I also miss the Egberts'.  I don't find the the father with the three sisters all that entertaining.

You definitely missed it. It's right before AC comes to pick him up in the Bronco. Though at the actual time it was reported that it was Khloe's not Kim's room, the show went with Kim.

• Love 2

Enough with the daughters and their feet!

My inner Beavis and butthead laughed a little too hard at Julie's dog sitting there with his lipstick poking out.

ETA: I'm so sad they didn't watch Grease Live!!!!

She got a booty-do.

What's that?

Her belly stick out more than her booty do.

Edited by butterbody
  • Love 7

yep, the last 10 minutes.  Surely you remember David Schwimmer repeatedly saying "Juice, no.  Juice.  Juice, put the gun down.  Juice, not in Kimmy's bedroom."  

And I agree with the sisters--they are bugging me (and their feet;  I hate feet!)  

I like how the one dog took the place of the Persian sister who had to pick her son up from school.  She had to do that around filming?  Seemed odd, but I liked the dog filling the couch! 

I like how the one dog took the place of the Persian sister who had to pick her son up from school.  She had to do that around filming?  Seemed odd, but I liked the dog filling the couch! 

I assume the couchies are not watching live because of logistics and time constraints? If so, I didn't understand why Destiney couldn't just pause the danged show when Cathy left. Maybe it was due right away or something. But then, talking to the dog was just as funny. Sorry, Cathy.

The Bravo site is really sparse and slow to load, but here are some bonus clips for newer fans who may not have felt like rummaging around online yet.

• Love 1

I just watched the rerun of last week's and this week's while doing chores, and two hours of Destiney is too much. She is really foul mouthed and irritating. Her sister looks ill.

I liked Brandy and Julie watching the ATL Little Women show. Their expressions were mostly variation on appalled.

I just watched the rerun of last week's and this week's while doing chores, and two hours of Destiney is too much. She is really foul mouthed and irritating. Her sister looks ill.

I thought that, too tonight.  Don't know whether it's just the contrast with her makeup-slathered-on-with-a-spatula younger sister or what, but she seemed haggard and sickly. Also, I doubt seriously that she really had to leave to go pick up her son.  I'm sure all the couches schedule their personal lives around taping; that had to be a bit so the other sister could talk to the dog for comedic effect (notice how the camera kept cutting to the dog for reaction shots?).  

The Zeno parents' slow head turns as their son guesses that OJ Simpson was "the dude that got beat in that riot."

Marcia Clark: "He got away with beating her, he's not going to get away with killing her."

Pretty much everybody: "Oh, yes, he is!"

(When cops are at Kardashian's door looking for OJ, somebody shoves an unidentified brunette into the room with OJ and the gun while they leave) "Good job, put a woman in the room with him that he can kill."

Princella misses the oral sex scene and both husband and son won't tell her.

"Lucifer, Fix my life!"  (Seriously... what the hell with that show?)

"You know you look good when you distract me from Taye Diggs."

"Detective Supermodel on the scene!"

Teddie's snide comments about every golden globe outfit, none of which were remotely outrageous.

And the capper... older lady on right saying prison wouldn't really be a good place for her to just do a lot of reading because "they don't leave you alone.  They come around and play with your hair."

• Love 4

There was a new episode.  I watched it this morning. Unless it was old an I had never seen it before.  

They watched Grease Live, the Divorce drama on Bravo, some TLC-type medical show where a lady was brought to the hospital because she thought she was dead, and I can't remember the others right now.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 2

They also watched Chicago Fire (?) - the one with Lady Gaga's fiancé.

Somebody also did a hilarious rundown on every reason for recognizing Julieanne Hough (proactive, Ryan Seacrest's girlfriend, on DWTS, a judge on DWTS even though she shouldn't have been)

• Love 2