Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, novhappy said:

I’m sorry did I just watch her place marinara sauce, mozzarella, red pepper pepperoni and a breakfast sausage in a dough and roll it all up together?  Oh my god...

I glad I missed that. It sounds revolting. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, novhappy said:

I’m sorry did I just watch her place marinara sauce, mozzarella, red pepper pepperoni and a breakfast sausage in a dough and roll it all up together?  Oh my god...

Why, yes, yes she did. And she served it with store bought marinara dipping sauce. She is veering into Aunt Sandy’s lane...

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Why, yes, yes she did. And she served it with store bought marinara dipping sauce. She is veering into Aunt Sandy’s lane...

That’s exactly what I was thinking 

I'm not sure why I'm watching but the wedding special is annoying me about as much as I thought it would. By all means fret over your two tailored mother of the bride dresses whilst the minimum wage workers spend months creating your daughter's covid-fest. 

The woman has spent a year filming without a full crew yet the bridal party alone is more people than I've seen in 15 months.

• Love 2

That was a HUGE bridal party.  They really lucked out with the weather.  I realize that a lot of the wedding was comped, but I'd love to know how much all those flowers cost.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, camom said:

That was a HUGE bridal party.  They really lucked out with the weather.  I realize that a lot of the wedding was comped, but I'd love to know how much all those flowers cost.

Somewhere I read the wedding cost $1mil don't know if that included comped items...my guess... a lot was comped or done by "low priced " (read illegal) laborers..

• Love 4

Alo I remember reading that Ladd would be wearing a "blinged out" neck brace for the wedding yet he was braceless. He seemed very stiff, feel sorry if they made him go without for the event.

12 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Alo I remember reading that Ladd would be wearing a "blinged out" neck brace for the wedding yet he was braceless. He seemed very stiff, feel sorry if they made him go without for the event.

I don't know if they ever made the blinged out brace, but Ladd wanted to go without the brace for certain events at the wedding. Pictures with Alex, the father daughter dance, the toast he and Ree gave. She blogged that he had gone to the doctor 2 days before and had the doctor's okay to do so for short periods. She said he put it back on between the times he didn't want to have it one for and was being super careful to not turn his head, hence the stiff look. 

• Love 4

I finally saw the wedding episode. Except for a few shots of mask-wearing, you'd never know all of this was planned and held during a pandemic. At least they held it outside, although I have a feeling it had more to do with the fact that there was no indoor venue that could hold that many people rather than because they were trying to be a little more pandemic safe. I don't know what the restrictions were in Oklahoma though when they first started planning it and I would hope that by the time it was actually held, most of the attendees would have been vaccinated. 

On 6/26/2021 at 10:00 PM, camom said:

...but I'd love to know how much all those flowers cost.

Holy cow, the expression "wretched excess" was tailor made for that flower explosion.  I bet those cost 6 figures, easily.

22 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

I wonder what they did with all of those flowers afterwards. I hope they donated them to hospitals and nursing homes. 

I don't think there are enough hospitals in the entire state to handle that mess.  Plus they were in those ginormous vases!  Not sure how they would be able to get those through any doorways.

On 7/6/2021 at 8:01 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I’m kind of curious about where all those guests stayed and ate?

Palaske is a small town!

Didnt I read 400 plus guests???

probably in tents on the drummond land LOL

• LOL 4

I thought the teenager food episode with chili pie burritos (complete with corn chips) was a stretch as I was watching it, yet somehow that food was so much healthier than the following repeat episode which featured marshmallow-topped french toast.

Why does it kind of bother me that the Drummond boys are never seen in the kitchen anymore but the girls are used for camera work and food tasters.  I know the boys are big into football, etc. but why do the girls have no roles except to stand in Ree's kitchen and ooh and aah?  The girls can't have weekend activities and let their brothers take a turn helping Mom out?   More gender role mess.

• Love 1
On 7/31/2021 at 11:40 AM, chick binewski said:

I thought the teenager food episode with chili pie burritos (complete with corn chips) was a stretch as I was watching it, yet somehow that food was so much healthier than the following repeat episode which featured marshmallow-topped french toast.

Marshmallow-topped French toast? And I saw her deep frying *chicken skins* for an appetizer this past Saturday morning. This woman is outta control!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, novhappy said:

She just put “a coupla” tablespoons of ranch dressing on a muffeleta. 
what in the actual fuck is wrong with her?

I think she's out of ideas/recipes and is desperate now.  If I had her millions, I'd take a sabbatical to attend a cooking school "for fun" & use that experience (& exposure to different foods/recipes) to teach her viewers/fans new ways and foods to cook. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ree seems to devote her quarantine  shows to her kids as they film her. Always trying to impress her kids, trying to be the "cool, fun mom", trying to get a giggle out of them. Little mistakes, plopping the food here, something sliding off the plate there . . . I don't find it funny.  I wish she would stop trying to be silly for the sake of relating to her kids.

• Love 7

I so agree - her joking around is awful...as is her love for Mauricio in that she gives him so much attention. Stu just seems to stand around.

And it is amazing how she simply cannot stop putting more and more and more in a recipe than is required.

On 8/14/2021 at 9:53 PM, maggiemae said:

The girls are filming.

The boys don't want to be involved.

Ladd no longer seems to be involved.

Very, very boring to me and her mash/up recipes, or any recipes are cringeworthy, imo.

I wish FN would just scrap her and Guy Fiedi's DDD show. They are just boring and not worth looking at.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 10/17/2021 at 10:59 PM, maggiemae said:

I so agree - her joking around is awful...as is her love for Mauricio in that she gives him so much attention. Stu just seems to stand around.

This!  My god, her trying to flirt with him is painful to watch.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3

THANK YOU!  Her behavior is so strange with this Covid filming.  Paigey, look at this.  Alex, get in there.  Mauricio, Mauricio.  And her trying to be the funny, cool mother/in-law is just cringeworthy.  And does any one else notice how she puts her hands all over the food constantly?  Like pressing on it over & over - gross!!

• Love 4
On 4/10/2021 at 12:46 PM, novhappy said:

Was that the thing she called a “pizza-dilla”? A cross between a pizza and a quesadilla. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing and hearing. 

• Love 1
On 10/26/2021 at 12:58 AM, Mrs. Landingham said:

Was that the thing she called a “pizza-dilla”? A cross between a pizza and a quesadilla. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing and hearing. 

I thought Little Caesars or Pizza hut had a Pizza -Dilla

Why would she choose to make brie en croute upside down and garnish with sage when there is none in the recipe? Thinking wine soaked mushrooms would not be my go to for the top, or bottom or whatever.

Go on Pinterest and there are dozens of ideas to decorate this recipe.

She sure seems to be on a phyllo and puff pastry binge recently. Hey, puff pastry pizza!

On 12/18/2021 at 4:47 PM, captain1 said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but this morning’s new episode of one dish meals had some pretty tasty looking recipes.  I’m going to try the Mexican chicken and rice!

That dish did look pretty tasty.   

The other thing that struck me during this episode is that Paige is going solo in the kitchen with her mom and that she is the worst person to have as Ree's camera person/cheerleader.  She is entirely too low key and non-dynamic - each time when she reacted to four completed recipes, all she could manage was a barely audible "wow".   Four times and she could not come up with a better/different response or act the least bit excited.   IMO they gotta think of a way to get a happy medium - Mauricio was too OTT but Paige is dead weight.

14 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

Looks like her talking heads were not recorded in the "Lodge" kitchen.

Maybe in the kitchen of the new house?

I was wondering if she was shooting them in the kitchen on her new show that's in the Guy's Grocery Games set. 

I haven't watched this show in ages (apparently no one else has either;-)

Caught a moment this morning while waiting for Molly. Ree (she looks odd) was recreating a side dish she'd had at a restaurant. So, not even pretending to develop new recipes, I guess. Or, you know, cook.

Anyway, pile some frozen French fries you've heated up (!) on a platter, along with ketchup and garlic aioli (hers was store bought, but she snickered that you could make your own). Then cover them with a mountain of Parmesan (freshly grated, she apologized for making you do all that work). She started piling on another layer of fries and "angelic" or "heavenly" airy Parm when I grabbed the remote and got away from this parody of a cooking show. 

• Like 4

I need to comment on this past Saturday show. It was the new one about her packing up another care package for her kids to college. This was for Todd. Each time she does one of these the foods and carrying on about how much she misses them is quite over the top! She showed flash backs for all the others and I seem to have missed the one she sent for Bryce? What about the adopted kid? Anyone else see this show and have any comments? I was dumbfounded the entire episode.