Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Lura said:

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/06/ree-drummond-daughter-paige-arrested-public-intoxication-alcohol-possession/

Paige arrested in Stillwater Oklahoma. https://www.eonline.com/news/1050785/pioneer-woman-star-ree-drummond-s-teen-daughter-arrested-for-public-intoxication

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Horrors!  And horrors again!!!  Think of all the cookies and other sweet treats that Ree now owes the D.A. in Stillwater!   And I'll bet that D.A. will be invited to the next Drummond Christmas party.

I saw an episode of Trisha Yearwood's show yesterday in which Ree visited Trisha in Nashville to cook together.  Ree was so put on, so sickeningly sweet, that it curdled the stomach.

TRISHA:  Would you chop that garliic

REE:  Oh, I'd love to!

TRISHA:  Will you add the bacon now?

REE:  I'd love to!

All the while, Ree was grinning like a Cheshire cat, passing out compliments to Trisha right and left.  Trisha was the most clever, most creative cook!  Trisha shoveled her food down because she was hungry, while Ree ate daintily, her fork flourishing the air like a baton.  Dizzz-gusting!!!  😃

Wow -- now the article showed up on People.com.   Ree must be having a fit that her so called "perfect family" is smeared.   That's what happens when you put on the perfect persona on tv and your kids grow up in the public eye. 

I agree with the above poster, that yeah, the girl is a 19 year old college student, these things happen.  It's called growing up and experiencing different things.   I don't fault Paige at all... she's a kid and I'm sure she's a good person.  I just thank the lord, she was not driving...

• Love 5

I just figure those home-schooled kids finally get off of the prairie and away from horses and cows and see how the rest of the world lives and they go off the deep end.

I'm waiting to see what the sons get up to.  I imagine some horrific hazing thing.

• Love 3

It is in the Daily Mail Online as well. Look at the comments. They talk about how Paige has a lot of crow's feet, that she looks far older than she is. i wonder if the crow's feet are from being out in the sun a lot? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7160477/Pioneer-Woman-star-Ree-Drummonds-daughter-Paige-19-arrested-public-intoxication-Oklahoma.html

• Love 1

https://popculture.com/celebrity/2019/06/20/pioneer-woman-ree-drummond-photos-amid-daughters-arrest-news/

Of course she does not mention Paige's arrest on her twitter, facebook, website. One person did on the facebook page. I'm surprised it hasn't been taken down. She was in New York 3 weeks ago to promote her dog treats. The arrest news is all over the place. I personally don't think it is a big, kids all do it, but she pretends her kids are perfect to keep up a facade, to sell books and cookware, and frozen crap.

• Love 2

Paige will have the arrest removed from her record. Is this standard practice in Oklahoma? Are there any people from Oklahoma here who know if this is done? What about her mugshot? is that a matter of public record? Some police departments make those available, some websites do. It almost does not matter now though, the info is in so many places someone who googles her name will see it (future employers). But again, it is a minor incident, everyone has tasted alcohol by 19.

4 minutes ago, Dineen said:

everyone has tasted alcohol by 19.

Not me. Neither of my parents ever had a drop of alcohol.

Not judging Paige, just glad she wasn't driving or injured herself or anyone else.

• Love 1

Honestly, I would probably be more shocked if Alex and Paige didn't do some social drinking while away at college. And while it's sad that Paige is still underage, that's far from the worst trouble she could have gotten into. (I am curious though, about the "public intoxication" that led to legal charges.)  I don't know what the BFD is in the media and it sounds like Drummond Dollars bought off any lasting negative effects.

If Ree thinks that college kids away from home for probably the first time are going to placidly sit around the campfire and sing "Amazing Grace," she's even more delusional than we thought. 

• Love 5

OMG - If Ina is willing to travel????

Ina travels all the time for fun - with Jeffrey and they do  with other couples as well. And she has homes in NYC and Paris.

I would be so disappointed if Ina when to visit ree - Ree would throw in handfuls of sprinkles, chilies, and on and on. Ina's recipes are simple and she stresses good ingredients. Ree misses the simplicity of Ina letting the natural flavors shine rather than hiding them. And promotes the best of ingredients.

Paige-y got caught. Probably would have skated anyway for first offense but I smell ........

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

Today, I caught the end of one of the '16 minute meals' episodes, the one with the French bread pizzas. I forgot how stupid she was with using marinara sauce with the taco pizza...

Ewww!  It's like the time when I went to a local fast food place for tacos and they ran out of whatever yellow cheese they use, so the gal threw in mozzarella!!!  On a taco!!!!

Renee Babcock shared a link to the group: The OFFICIAL Pioneer Woman Fan Club.

Yesterday at 11:36 AM ·

********PW APPAREL POLL TO PARTICIPATE IN **********

POLL IS LIVE NOW

Hello PW family, we have some exciting news to share with you. One of the cool things about being a member of the “Official Pioneer Woman Fan Club” is that we are asked to participate in product development polls. We have been asked again to assist Ree and her team with some new product development ideas regarding PW apparel.

They are very interested in our feedback and we thank you for taking the time to contribute your input. Please click the link below to access the poll. There is only one question and you can choose as many choices that apply.

Note: This is a poll not a quiz; we just use the quiz tool to administer these polls as we are able to export the data and share with Ree and her team more efficiently.
PLEASE ONLY DO THE POLL ONE TIME SO THE DATA IS NOT SKEWED.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The question on the "poll" was "If Ree decided to come out with an apparel line, what kind of items would you like to see?" Choose all that apply. Tops Denim Dresses Shoes Jewelry Bags I am not interested in seeing an apparel line from Ree. 

This was on her fan facebook page. She is obviously thinking of starting a clothing line. Her ambition knows NO limits. 

• LOL 2
46 minutes ago, Dineen said:

She is obviously thinking of starting a clothing line. Her ambition knows NO limits. 

Well, she can start by buying a ton of horrible patterned old lady tops at her local Good Will.  That should save her start up costs. They are pretty much one-size-fits-all anyway.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, she can start by buying a ton of horrible patterned old lady tops at her local Good Will.  That should save her start up costs. They are pretty much one-size-fits-all anyway.

And she'd have to make sure they were all in horrible, not found in nature shades of teal, orange and magenta. With floppy sleeves guaranteed to be dragged through any dish you prepare.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'd like to see Ree donate her crazy tops to a home for unwed mothers and begin wearing solid-colored T-shirts.  I think I could relate to her better if she dressed more like the common man (or woman).

• Love 1

I'd like to see Ree donate her crazy tops to a home for unwed mothers and begin wearing solid-colored T-shirts.  I think I could relate to her better if she dressed more like the common man (or woman).

3 hours ago, Lura said:

Oh, my gosh!  Sorry!  See what happens when you click on Refresh while you're submitting a reply?  Apologies.

No worries! I think we ALL feel the same way! You shall win the internet today!

• Love 2
On 6/23/2019 at 7:58 PM, CharlizeCat said:

Agreed. Ree isn't doing Bryce any favors by cheating for him. 

Is she even involved?  A fan group can call themselves official, and maybe they are, but the person they are 'fanning' probably isn't even aware of what they do.  I was once the VP of a David Cassidy fan club and I can guarantee he had no idea about us. At all.  Of course this was long before FB and the Internet.

1 hour ago, Homily said:

Is she even involved?  A fan group can call themselves official, and maybe they are, but the person they are 'fanning' probably isn't even aware of what they do.  I was once the VP of a David Cassidy fan club and I can guarantee he had no idea about us. At all.  Of course this was long before FB and the Internet.

Bit in bold: pretty much what I was wondering.  I really can't/don't believe that PW would condone or encourage "fishing for votes".  

1 minute ago, Mandolia said:

Bit in bold: pretty much what I was wondering.

It is possible that she was not involved with posting that. But what has she done to put a stop to it?  Surely she has to wonder why a kid from the middle of nowhere is suddenly rocketing to the top of the standings.  I mean, come on.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mandolia said:

Bit in bold: pretty much what I was wondering.  I really can't/don't believe that PW would condone or encourage "fishing for votes".  

Oh, I totally believe that she would.  I think that Ree would "casually" mention the poll in her blog with a note like, "Wouldn't it be something if Bryce won?" Then she can just sit back and let her fan base to the dirty work.  She can feign innocence and surprise if he actually wins. I mean there is nothing wrong at all with posting a mention on the blog and no, Ree can't control what her fans do. I just don't believe she is 100% in the dark about what the possible reaction/outcome would be.

The best way to handle it would have been after the polling was over, to make an announcement on the blog about the poll and say something like, "Bryce came in second (or whatever) place and say that she, Ladd, Todd, Paige and Alex are all very proud of him.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

I think that Ree would "casually" mention the poll in her blog with a note like, "Wouldn't it be something if Bryce won?" Then she can just sit back and let her fan base to the dirty work. 

Right there with you.  She didn't make her millions by not working the system.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

Oh, I totally believe that she would.  I think that Ree would "casually" mention the poll in her blog with a note like, "Wouldn't it be something if Bryce won?" Then she can just sit back and let her fan base to the dirty work.  She can feign innocence and surprise if he actually wins. I mean there is nothing wrong at all with posting a mention on the blog and no, Ree can't control what her fans do. I just don't believe she is 100% in the dark about what the possible reaction/outcome would be.

By blog do you mean her website? If so I didn't see anything on there that mentions the poll.

Don't forget that a few years ago Ree's mom was made "Mother of the Year" by some organization (I do not recall which one) on mother's day. It is quite obvious that Ree used her influence/friendship (s)/ bribery to make that come about. A mother of the year award should go to a widow raising 5 kids on a small income, or something like that, not a pampered, wealthy doctor's wife.  Ree's mom also left her husband  (Ree's dad) for their church pastor. It was a big scandal. They are now married. I should not judge, maybe the dad was a jerk?  And don't forget the traffic ticket scandal where it was revealed that their many speeding tickets got thrown out, ignored etc. These people are entitled, spoiled, used to being treated like royalty.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Dineen said:

Don't forget that a few years ago Ree's mom was made "Mother of the Year" by some organization (I do not recall which one) on mother's day. It is quite obvious that Ree used her influence/friendship (s)/ bribery to make that come about.

I doubt that's actually true.

https://www.prweb.com/releases/american-mothers/mother-of-the-year/prweb11800521.htm

But I guess I'll bow out of this forum -  no one's interested in balance where Pioneer Woman is concerned so I'll move on 🙂 .

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Sadly, it is.  She was named Mother of the Year in 2014.  Famous rich relatives with political connections will always come out on top.

From reading the link above, it sounds like Ree's mom has been a therapist for those with cancer and mental health issues; at a later stage in her life, she sought out additional education and ways to help others.  I don't mind someone like that winning Mother of the Year, famous relative or not. 

• Love 5

Guys, please stop making fun of the Facebook fans. It's against the site's policy to make fun of fandoms. You can make fun of Ree and the rest of her family etc. and the show all you want but don't bring the fans into it. Thanks. 

I took my husband to a doctor's appointment this morning. The TV in the waiting room was tuned to FN. Giada in Italy was on when we got there, then Trisha Yearwood's show. I was hoping he'd be done before the inevitable PW episode showed up. Thankfully he was, so I was spared the orange clown hair and frozen smile.

• Love 3

I was on the phone with Google Fiber technical support trying to figure out why none of the Scripps shows would load on my devices. We were discussing FN and various shows, and the guy said that Ree looks like she never sees the light of day with her pasty complexion.  We got a good laugh out of that one. The tech guy is a huge Bobby Flay fan was was growing like 17 varieties of peppers in his home garden. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

S'mores should never be enhanced. Caramel and chocolate chips plus toffee bits? Chocolate spread, marshmallow spread? Grilled on a sheet pan?

sigh

I admit - I do the occasional Reese's peanut butter cup.  But that's it.  Marshmallow spread instead of an actual marshmallow - I draw the line.  How does the marshmallow catch on fire if it's a spread?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

We were discussing FN and various shows, and the guy said that Ree looks like she never sees the light of day with her pasty complexion.  We got a good laugh out of that one.

This would be me. I have very fair skin and I hate the look of fake tan on me. I do not have Ree's clown hair, so I have that going for me.

12 hours ago, maggiemae said:

S'mores should never be enhanced. Caramel and chocolate chips plus toffee bits? Chocolate spread, marshmallow spread? Grilled on a sheet pan?

I am one that does not mind enhanced S'mores. I admit to using peanut butter cups, Hershey Symphony bars with the toffee bites in them, Nutella, various Ghirardelli chocolate squares (mainly the caramel) and other chocolate options in my S'mores.

Edited by Misslindsey
9 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Caramel and chocolate chips plus toffee bits? Chocolate spread, marshmallow spread? Grilled on a sheet pan?

Bastardized s'mores?  Sacrilege!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I am one that does not mind enhanced S'mores. I admit to using peanut butter cups, Hershey Symphony bars with the toffee bites in them, Nutella, various Ghirardelli chocolate squares (mainly the caramel) and other chocolate options in my S'mors.

Yeah ok, but all at once?

• Love 2
19 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Probably the only petty thing I can think of about the show is that I hate the name Hyacinth. 

All I can think of is "Hyacinth Bouquet" from the show Keeping Up Appearances.  Not someone anyone would want to be compared to that's for sure!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Speaking of Hyacinth, I realize that it's probably just that she isn't an actress or comfortable in front of a camera (lord knows how I'd come off in the same situation) but she comes across as very cold to me.  But again I'm going to reserve judgment because I hate to imagine what my own TV persona would be if someone I knew got me to come onto their reality show.  

• Love 2

When I’ve switched up s’mores, I still keep it within the vein of the original. I’ve done alfajores (made with graham cracker crumbs and browned butter) as the cookie and filled with homemade ganache and marshmallow meringue that I toast before topping with the top cookie. And I’ve done Steven Raichlen’s s’mores where the cookie is a chocolate chip cookie.

• Love 2

When I’ve switched up s’mores, I still keep it within the vein of the original. I’ve done alfajores (made with graham cracker crumbs and browned butter) as the cookie and filled with homemade ganache and marshmallow meringue that I toast before topping with the top cookie. 

That is a very elegant take on traditional s'mores. You should go on Chopped!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Homily said:

Speaking of Hyacinth, I realize that it's probably just that she isn't an actress or comfortable in front of a camera (lord knows how I'd come off in the same situation) but she comes across as very cold to me.  But again I'm going to reserve judgment because I hate to imagine what my own TV persona would be if someone I knew got me to come onto their reality show.  

I think Hyacinth tends to react completely opposite to Ree - so if Ree is overfriendly and gushing, Hyacinth tends to be quieter.  And sometimes I wonder if she is just thinking "shut up!"  Plus I think if my lack of skills were to be pointed out repeatedly in a patronizing tone I would just be quiet.  It's kind of like when Ree is condescending to her kid's teenage friends - they tend to get quiet as well.

• Love 2