Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

On 4/30/2019 at 4:37 PM, peacheslatour said:

Could that article's writer suck up any harder?

Exactly my thought!   "And we, along with the rest of America, love her for it".

Uh-uh, count me out.  I don't love her for one damned thing.

I bet an dietitian would have a field day picking apart her "healthy" conversions.  They're probably just as bad but in a different way.

• Love 2

She says she started the blog to keep her mom, who was only 20 minutes away, abreast of her life. I guess there were no telephones in Oklahoma at that time.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Hey - just what I wanted - a keto cookbook that isn't one, and diet that did no good for her, and she no longer follows. LOL - I'm not even interested in a low carb cookbook that isn't one. 

My "joke" is eating half and sandwich or a mini donut helps people a lot. That will be $22.95 please.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, maggiemae said:

The name of the new ice cream parlor is "Charlie's Sweet Shop." (She posted it on instagram.)

Cue the sobbing.  I bet the reeple will be showing up with their sodden hankies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

This is a first.  Something Ree cooked on a show earlier today which a) I'd eat and b) I'd make.  A 10 minute meal...stir fried shrimp with "veggies".  No weird flavour combinations/no chucking in a buncha this that & t'other for no apparent reason.  It looked delicious, to the point that I tried to find the recipe.  Failed on that but I can remember the key components.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Mandolia said:

This is a first.  Something Ree cooked on a show earlier today which a) I'd eat and b) I'd make.  A 10 minute meal...stir fried shrimp with "veggies".  No weird flavour combinations/no chucking in a buncha this that & t'other for no apparent reason.  It looked delicious, to the point that I tried to find the recipe.  Failed on that but I can remember the key components.

Was it this one? https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/shrimp-stir-fry-2171534

• Love 1

Throwing shrimp and vegetables in a pan and stir frying them together is a recipe?  Man, I could write a cookbook.  I do that kind of thing all of the time.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Throwing shrimp and vegetables in a pan and stir frying them together is a recipe?  Man, I could write a cookbook.  I do that kind of thing all of the time.

I agree, of course, that it's not actually a recipe and it's something that anybody with an ounce of imagination could do.  My comment was really that is was SO refreshing to see something "normal" without the addition of endless unnecessary add-ons.  

• Love 3

Martha Stewart is on that orgy of materialism called the QVC. She has her own clothing line. Mostly old lady stuff. You could buy the same kind of things at K-Mart or dollar general or thrift store for much less. When is the Pawhuska Princess going to come out with her clothes line? We are waiting!!  Ultra ugly tops and tacky jewelry for the masses!  I was disappointed in Martha, her stuff is usually so high quality, but not the clothes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

She should have Kentucky Derby recipies on her site. I watch it every year, but don't do anything too special. I do like the pre-show, with that gay skater and his girl skating partner. And the celebrities. And the hats. Many recipies have bourbon in them. 

8 hours ago, txvoodoo said:

I mean, it's got such a low smoke point. 

She's such a hack she probably doesn't know about smoke points.  Just throw a buncha high fat ingredients in whatever she's making even if it's not the least bit appropriate.

• Love 4

Not sure if this weekend's shows were reruns, I just had them on as background noise while I cleaned up the kitchen.  I DO note that she used "jarred cheese" and "cheese loaf" as ingredients for her family, because the boys just love cheese (sodium).

• Love 1

On some TV show they said that the British people are "enamoured" with the new royal baby. Mandolia, is this true? Also, do the British people like Meghan Markle?

• Love 1

I have finally caught up to all of my shows, and now I understand why Ladd, the boys, and crew are all meat and potato people.  Carrot fries, and sauce.  I am amazed that Brycer was able to get it all down.  

I laughed and told my husband that Ree is sitting in front of the TV with her notebook in hand, taking notes from Rachael Ray's 30MM to get "fresh" ideas.  Some of those recipes were just as ridiculous as Ree's.  Just presented in a more tasteful manor. 

Get ready for another engagement show, Meg is engaged (at least according to her FB page, and graduation show, Alex.  Alex also has a boyfriend that has been hanging around the ranch as well as vacations.  She also has a job in Dallas (wonder why so far away from Mom).  

Anyone notice this past weekend, that no one took a sip of the butterfly cocktail?  Hy was amazed at all of the flower infused liquors for the camera. 

She has her bottle dressing line right in front of the isle at our local Winn Dixie, and a frozen chicken and gravy dinner in the freezer section as well.  I guess she is finally branching out.

Keep up all of the funny posts, I love reading them.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Who's Meg?

I think that is Hyacinth's daughter. Also, looking at "the official pioneer woman fan facebook page" I see it is "owned" by the two administators. This is mentioned in a post today. I guess they make money how? I am probably dense. 

On 5/14/2019 at 4:12 PM, Bessiesue said:

She also has a job in Dallas (wonder why so far away from Mom). 

Cause there's NOTHING to do in Pawhuska. Dallas is only a 5 hours away.  That's nothing in this part of the country.

9 hours ago, cathy said:

see it is "owned" by the two administators. This is mentioned in a post today. I guess they make money how? I am probably dense. 

Never thought Ree admined it on her own. She's no good at doing that stuff. Hiring someone is better. 

10 hours ago, cathy said:

page" I see it is "owned" by the two administators. This is mentioned in a post today. I guess they make money how? I am probably dense.

It occurred to me the page makes money by advertisments.

Ree does have a lot of hired help. Including a full time housekeeper, nannies, cleaning crew, web person, business people. her whole life is a business.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:20 AM, cathy said:

On some TV show they said that the British people are "enamoured" with the new royal baby. Mandolia, is this true? Also, do the British people like Meghan Markle?

Sorry for the delay in replying - am not 100% at the moment.  

Yes, there are those who have been enthralled at the new royal baby to the point of breathless excitement but, apart from the fact that a new baby is a lovely thing, I really can't say - hand on heart - that the entire nation has been in a fever about it.  

In the UK we have a yeast extract spread called Marmite widely used on toast at breakfast-time.  You either love it or hate, hence describing things as a "bit Marmite".  Meghan Markle falls into that category.  I find her calculating and manipulative, and intent on doing things Her Way which, when you're dealing with an institution such as the Royal Family/Monarchy, is foolhardy.   I hope I'm proved wrong and it's happy-ever-after and that Prince H (frankly, not the sharpest knife in the cutlery drawer) hasn't been gulled.  My antipathy to MM is phaps based on cynicism.  This is just my opinion, natch, but I'm not alone in wondering. 

This post isn't remotely PW-related.  I must stagger to the sofa (I have a buncha compressed fractures in my back/spine...crumbling bones/osteoporosis) to try and find a way to sit comfortably to watch this afternoon's "dose" of deliciousness on which to feed hungry cowboys etc (repeats on a loop at the moment). 

• Love 7
On 4/28/2019 at 9:51 PM, chessiegal said:

At least Discover Communications hasn't given Ree her own channel (yet) like they've done for Chip and Joanna Gaines. Despite that Fixer Upper is out of production, they have reruns for hours on end on HGTV, and have now decided to give them DIY channel. Things could be worse.

Waco and Pawhuska are merely six hours apart. I would not be surprised if Chip & JoJo and Ree started collaborating together on what will become the Gaines channel. Both families are cut from the same wretched cloth of small city domination and “values.”

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Automne said:

Both families are cut from the same wretched cloth of small city domination and “values.”

Chip Gaines isn't as nice as he seems. Before the show was made official with a contract, when he knew he and Joanna were going to hit it big, he bought out his business partner, not telling him a show was about to happen. So that meant more profit for him. The partner was a long-time friend and partner. The partner sued him, I don't know how it turned out. Chip is a rat. And he seems so golly-gee, down-home nice guy. People aren't always what they seem, just like Ree!!  Awe shucks, I'm just a simple country gal, just like you!!  Buy my product line! Buy my overpriced frozen food that tastes like plastic (so I read on the fan page).

• Love 5

The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond is at The Pioneer Woman Mercantile.

13 hrs · Pawhuska, OK ·

Here’s a quick step-by-step guide for visiting our town, in order of photos. Come have a blast in small town America this weekend!

1. Eat at The Merc.
2. Do a little shopping
3. Go have a treat at Charlie’s Sweet Shop.
4. Go do a little more shopping.
5. Drive out to our Lodge!
6. Take a tour. It’s free and you can take your time and browse.
7. Drive back to town and have a cocktail at P-Town Pizza.
8. Have some Not Knots at P-town Pizza! (And okay, pizza too.)
9. Back to Charlie’s for some ice cream in a homemade cone.
10. Maybe a little more shopping! 😎 Rest up, get on the treadmill, then head our way! 😂
@ The Pioneer Woman Mercantile

This was on her facebook page. MOMEY MONEY MONEY!!!  And EAT EAT EAT all my fattening unhealthy food!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, cathy said:

This was on her facebook page. MOMEY MONEY MONEY!!!  And EAT EAT EAT all my fattening unhealthy food!!

It's All About Ree.  What a piece of work.  I notice she didn't bother to name any of the other stores in town for shopping.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

It's All About Ree.  What a piece of work.  I notice she didn't bother to name any of the other stores in town for shopping.

Like I said, Ree and the two weirdos from Waco are all about dominating their respective little cities with their empires and not at all interested in building them up. They don’t invest in any business that isn’t theirs or won’t be cutting them a check.

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:10 PM, cathy said:

The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond is at The Pioneer Woman Mercantile.

13 hrs · Pawhuska, OK ·

Here’s a quick step-by-step guide for visiting our town, in order of photos. Come have a blast in small town America this weekend!

1. Eat at The Merc.
2. Do a little shopping
3. Go have a treat at Charlie’s Sweet Shop.
4. Go do a little more shopping.
5. Drive out to our Lodge!
6. Take a tour. It’s free and you can take your time and browse.
7. Drive back to town and have a cocktail at P-Town Pizza.
8. Have some Not Knots at P-town Pizza! (And okay, pizza too.)
9. Back to Charlie’s for some ice cream in a homemade cone.
10. Maybe a little more shopping! 😎 Rest up, get on the treadmill, then head our way! 😂
@ The Pioneer Woman Mercantile

No mention of staying (at a price) at the Boarding House to complete the Drummondsville Experience.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 5/24/2019 at 6:22 AM, Kohola3 said:

That's a rotten, short sighted business policy.

• Love 1

I heard from Lura the other day. She said to let everybody know that she misses them and hopes to be back here soon. I don't know a whole lot about her prognosis other than that she's still not able to walk on her own. Her husband has set up a computer for her that she can use from her bed, so hopefully, that will make it easier for her to come back and snark with us!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I heard from Lura the other day. She said to let everybody know that she misses them and hopes to be back here soon. I don't know a whole lot about her prognosis other than that she's still not able to walk on her own. Her husband has set up a computer for her that she can use from her bed, so hopefully, that will make it easier for her to come back and snark with us!

Oh! I hope so.

• Love 2

No sooner said than done!  LOL

I want to thank everyone who wished me well.  What friends you are!

WOW!  I've been trying for weeks to locate Previously.TV.com, but all I could find was Primetimer.  I finally came in but found no Ree forum and no other familiar forums for that matter.  I finally decided tonight to come back in, and I put "Pioneer Woman" into Primetimer's Search.  WHEE!!!  I finally found you friends again!!!  It feels so GREAT to be back here!!!!!  Obviously, I need some instruction about all of these changes including the name change. 

Ree seems to have disappeared off the radar except for Ree-runs.  What gives?  And what's with the FN?  Has it gone bankrupt?  What's become of its lineup of shows?  It's slim picking these days.  Anyone know?  My new favorite website is www.Create.com, which carries many of the PBS cooking shows and other good ones -- Lidia, Martha, and many others.  "The Great British Baking Show" (one of my favorites) began two weeks ago, and many more segments are ahead if anyone is interested.

As for me, I spent over a week in the hospital where I learned that I had fractured five bones in my back, that half of one bone had actually disappeared (Where is the rest of it??? LOL), and that I had re-fractured yet another bone in my spine.  Then I was sent to a rehab place where I had physical therapy daily for three weeks.  I had more physical therapy when I returned home to a hospital bed.  None of the therapy worked well enough so that I could walk again.  Maybe things will brighten up in the future.  I don't have to look far to find people who are worse off than I am.

FLASH!  I have a new pet peeve about Ree.  Previously, I griped about that stupid ballet step she uses as she turns to walk away. her tops, her long hair, her dye jobs, etc.  The other day, while watching a rerun, I noticed that, with all the attention she gives to her hair, she always seems to have a thoroughly messy part.  Apparently, she never notices the top of her head,  or maybe she can't draw her comb in a straight line.  Oh, Ree!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Lura said:

No sooner said than done!  LOL

I want to thank everyone who wished me well.  What friends you are!

WOW!  I've been trying for weeks to locate Previously.TV.com, but all I could find was Primetimer.  I finally came in but found no Ree forum and no other familiar forums for that matter.  I finally decided tonight to come back in, and I put "Pioneer Woman" into Primetimer's Search.  WHEE!!!  I finally found you friends again!!!  It feels so GREAT to be back here!!!!!  Obviously, I need some instruction about all of these changes including the name change. 

Ree seems to have disappeared off the radar except for Ree-runs.  What gives?  And what's with the FN?  Has it gone bankrupt?  What's become of its lineup of shows?  It's slim picking these days.  Anyone know?  My new favorite website is www.Create.com, which carries many of the PBS cooking shows and other good ones -- Lidia, Martha, and many others.  "The Great British Baking Show" (one of my favorites) began two weeks ago, and many more segments are ahead if anyone is interested.

As for me, I spent over a week in the hospital where I learned that I had fractured five bones in my back, that half of one bone had actually disappeared (Where is the rest of it??? LOL), and that I had re-fractured yet another bone in my spine.  Then I was sent to a rehab place where I had physical therapy daily for three weeks.  I had more physical therapy when I returned home to a hospital bed.  None of the therapy worked well enough so that I could walk again.  Maybe things will brighten up in the future.  I don't have to look far to find people who are worse off than I am.

FLASH!  I have a new pet peeve about Ree.  Previously, I griped about that stupid ballet step she uses as she turns to walk away. her tops, her long hair, her dye jobs, etc.  The other day, while watching a rerun, I noticed that, with all the attention she gives to her hair, she always seems to have a thoroughly messy part.  Apparently, she never notices the top of her head,  or maybe she can't draw her comb in a straight line.  Oh, Ree!

Lura it's great to see your name again!  Welcome back to the "frontier"!  You've had a really rotten time but seems as if there's improvement/progress which is v.v.v.v.v good news.  

In the UK we continue to have a mishmash of Ree-peats, with the usual lack of chronology.  The common thread, if one could be bothered to look for one!, is that PW's food is a buncha cheese, butter, cream and jalapenos galore.  I am in a state of wide-eyed horror - tho maybe it's nicer than it looked??? - at Chile con Queso dip complete with breakfast sausage (I haven't a clue what that translates into this side of the Atlantic) and a whole block/package of Velveeta "cheese" alongside other things in cans I think I'd be hard-pressed to find at any shop in the UK.  I'm not crying in frustration about this as I thought the chile con queso looked absolutely revolting!  Processed cheese I do know about - packs with slices of it - but a block of the stuff hasn't entered my shopping air space. Not that I've looked for it.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Lura said:

WHEE!!!  I finally found you friends again!!! 

So glad to have you back, Lura, you've been missed.  It has taken a lot of people a long time to some back after the changes in Primetimer.  I think a lot of folks just gave up altogether.

I get the feeling that Ree is moving on from her faux cooking show to run her empire.  She has to know her recipes are ridiculous and can't pull them off anymore so time to close up shop with that and move on to something else. Maybe she'll start her own Down Home Shopping Channel and hawk her Made in China crap 24/7.

• Love 3
(edited)

I agree that Ree has realized that the grass is greener on the retail and business development side. Thus, the cooking show is suffering. Not that it needed much help in that area to further fail. I've noticed that the overarching theme of the latest season is "quick." Get this show out of the way, so I can go on further exploiting my community.

Did anybody catch the "Faster Pasta" episode yesterday?

The first recipe was a "steakhouse" inspired pasta dish that had grilled flank steak over pasta. The creamy brandy sauce had tomatoes, onions, garlic, heavy cream, brandy, thyme, fontina cheese ... AND ... bleu cheese. This is what I don't get. OK.  The pasta sauce on its own without the steak topping seemed to be heading in a decent direction, THEN crapping it up with fontina AND bleu cheese was just too much. It's like Ree just can't help herself with adding that last touch, then another tweak and another.

I know we used to criticize Aunt Sandy for not understanding that "less is more," but that was ree-diculous.

I also laughed at the next recipe where Ree attempted to pronounce "orecchiette" with an Italian accent.  I am sure that somewhere, Giada was laughing.

Pasta cooked in red wine is not a new concept. I remember seeing Michael Chiarello make that a good decade ago on his "Easy Entertaining" show. 

Fried pasta is also not another re-invention of the wheel. There is a "town" just east, across the other side of the state of me that is famous for its fried ravioli. It's called St. Louis. Ever heard of it, Ree? So, she used bowties. Tomato, to-mah-toe.

I failed to see where any actual time was saved making any of the above recipes. It's not rocket science to make your pasta sauce while the water is boiling for the noodles. Unless you're making a sauce that needs to simmer for a long time like a bolognese, you can usually produce a sauce fairly quickly.

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Love 4

The first recipe was a "steakhouse" inspired pasta dish that had grilled flank steak over pasta. The creamy brandy sauce had tomatoes, onions, garlic, heavy cream, brandy, thyme, fontina cheese ... AND ... bleu cheese. This is what I don't get. OK.  The pasta sauce on its own without the steak topping seemed to be heading in a decent direction, THEN crapping it up with fontina AND bleu cheese was just too much. It's like Ree just can't help herself with adding that last touch, then another tweak and another.

Good god, she has no idea what a flavor profile is does she?

• Love 2