Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

Just give it some time, she will have her own line of cat food out. PW cowcat chow. Her own cat, "kitty kitty" will pose for the advertisments. The possibilities to market more stuff is endless. Eventually, she will sell her own line of PW steam vaginal cleaners. And PW botox. She can pull strings with the local politicians, whom the Drummonds have in their pocket, to make botox an over the counter item to be sold at the merc, along with the vaginal steam cleaner. And since marijuana is now becoming legal everywhere, she can grow and sell that too!!  She has admitted that she smoked it in college, now the reeple can be just like their hero. imagine the "special" brownies they can make! Someday when cocaine is legal she will sell that too, giving the reeple that wide-eyed look that Ladd so loves. 

• LOL 5

I just realized that yesterday I forgot to wish everyone a "happy good Friday." Ree did this a few years ago. She does not understand that Good Friday is not supposed to be happy.  I thought she was a "Christian." She is well educated enough to know better, or so I thought.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, cathy said:

I just realized that yesterday I forgot to wish everyone a "happy good Friday." Ree did this a few years ago. She does not understand that Good Friday is not supposed to be happy.  I thought she was a "Christian." She is well educated enough to know better, or so I thought.

And then the murders began...

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, cathy said:

I do recall that episode. And I recall my anger. 

• Love 2
On 3/22/2019 at 6:21 PM, chenoa333 said:

Dear god....those f'n dimples! She could use them for gravy boats. And I can't stand her faux cowboy husband Ladd. 

I have dimples like that.  Red hair too. I was born with all of it and can't change it. I'm glad my friends are nicer and more understanding than some of you are when it comes to people's looks.  We can't all be perfect.

btw, don't bother answering.  After reading some of the responses here about a simple cooking show, that is not required watching, I'm pretty sure I won't be back.  In case you're wondering too, I am not a follower of her or her show.  I think I've watched it twice since it's been on. I remember when Television Without Pity was still around.  One of the reasons they shut down the website was because of the nasty comments about The Pioneer Woman and some others.  I hope that doesn't happen here.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, shlbycindyk said:

One of the reasons they shut down the website was because of the nasty comments about The Pioneer Woman and some others. 

So wrong! TWoP went out of business - had nothing to do with Pioneer Woman.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, shlbycindyk said:

have dimples like that.  Red hair too. I was born with all of it and can't change it. I'm glad my friends are nicer and more understanding than some of you are when it comes to people's looks.  We can't all be perfect.

I say this in all sincerity: I'll bet you are absolutely gorgeous being a natural redhead with dimples.

But I come to this forum to snark on "celebrities/tv personalities etc".....not other posters. I don't REALLY dislike Pioneer Woman's dimples. Just most of her personality. She really is a cute redhead! So there! I said it....I gave her a compliment 😁

And I've always had a strong attraction to Irishmen...the green eyes, red hair. And yes, throw in the dimples and some whiskey and I'm in heaven. 

Ok folks...that's my Easter Sunday confession! Lol. Now back to my regular sassy snark!

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

She is now selling pasta sauce. I see on her fan page website she also sells a garlic keeper, a potato holder, onion keeper, easy peel mason jar labels, and a million more items.  The potato holder and garlic keeper look like a cheap tin can, like what they sell popcorn in for Christmas. Probably way overpriced too. On the fan facebook page some woman announced that her birthday was coming up and she wanted people to send her stuff, because no one in her life can/wants to buy her these things.  That is what I call "cheeky." Nervy, chutzpuh, RUDE, greedy, And some of the reeple said they would! I think that is obnoxious. Go get a job, and buy it yourself. 

• Love 4

OH CRIPES NO. NOT PASTA SAUCE

I need to stage a protest over this. 

So, she also has ranch dressings and BBQ sauces. - if she's selling them, why does anyone need to watch her show/read her cookbooks to make them?

Barbecue sauce flavors include apple brown sugar, frontier, honey habanero and peach whiskey. Suggested retail price is $2.99 per 18.5-ounce jar. Dressings/dips are frontier ranch and spicy southwestern ranch. Suggested retail price is $3.29 per 12-ounce bottle.  (from here )

On 4/21/2019 at 3:46 AM, chessiegal said:

Right? If anyone thinks that the Ree Critiques are harsh, or were there, they're both delusional and utterly forget the critiques, well, everywhere else. I mean, how we talked about Aunt Sandy? And good god, Amazing Race contestants?? I mean, the recap on Colin & Christy was EPIC and none too sweet ("My ox is broken!")

• Love 3
On 4/21/2019 at 4:46 AM, chessiegal said:

Quoting myself because I realized we were being trolled. Shame on me for falling for it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
28 minutes ago, cathy said:

Doesn't everyone agree with me that it is bad form to go on a public fan facebook page and beg for people to give you stuff?

Hell, yes.  But not surprising from the Reeple.  They are all nuts.  

• Love 1
On 3/24/2019 at 3:00 PM, peacheslatour said:

I saw an episode of Giada's where she showed some of her earliest shows and she points out that she didn't smile much and was told she needed to smile more by the producers of her show. So she did.

Those early Italian cooking episodes were the shows that I enjoyed. Once Giada's OTT grinning began, I watched a lot less. R & G must have aching jaws by the end of their taping sessions.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

R & G must have aching jaws by the end of their taping sessions.

I'll bet Giada has aching jaws from more than just smiling endlessly😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/26/2019 at 11:05 AM, fairffaxx said:

I read Charlizecat's review yesterday and wondered how such a notion would ever occur, much less appeal, to anyone.  Then today, I saw this product advertised by Grocery Outlet for $1.99 ("while supplies last!").  Bearing in mind that Grocery Outlet is where many a failed experiment goes to die, and given her penchant for "borrowing" recipes without giving credit for them, I'm not really surprised to see the same bad idea from both sources. 

I'm glad I read this because there's a Grocery Outlet I pass by frequently. I've been intrigued but never went in. Thanks CharlizesCat for probably saving my life!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Taking down a fence on today's show. Why do the Reeple find this worthy of their time? I only watch it while I eat breakfast and so I can ridicule her. Although I must say the corn looked good, but that recipie was stolen from somewhere. And the show about what she loves about Ladd was stupid." He dances so well" well, not really. Ladd with the porcelain veneer teeth, she could mention that.  Why does a cowboy need an ultra-expensive porcelain veneers done to his teeth except to go Hollywood? To go along with Ree's botox and aweful red hair dye, I guess. She is always talking up their marriage like it is a torrid romance novel lust fest. The Marlboro woman used to say that their marriage was more of an exchange of marriage for a badly needed infusion of cash the ranch needed. Running a ranch is probably expensive, so Ree's parents gave a dowry, I 'm guessing? I wonder if they love each other. She pushes the idea of a torrid love so much I think maybe it is all just a big lie.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I definitely pick up a "he's just not that into you," vibe from their union. That was evident from what she wrote about their "courtship" in her memoir, which basically was Ree driving out to the middle of nowhere to cook a beef dinner with Ladd, then sitting around and watching movies from his VHS collection. He was also fine with letting Ree drive herself back home after dark along roads with no streetlights.  What a gentleman

I also think she tries w-a-a-y too hard around him. Case in point was a fairly recent new episode of them at the boys' football game. Ree was playing the stereotypical flirty "dumb girl/mom/cheerleader who doesn't understand football." I felt secondhand embarrassment for her, along with Ladd and Ree's father and stepmom, who were also with them at the game.  They definitely had the demeanor of "We don't know this crazy carrot-top."

And who can forget the sexy/obscene birthday wish/gift she gave Ladd on a really old episode. Instead of looking turned on by whatever it said, all the color drained from his face and he looked like he was going to get sick right there at the table. 

I secretly want to think that Ladd's getting it on with some hot young thing that works at either their general store, pizza joint or mini-hotel. He seems about that bright. 

• Love 6

I agree that he doesn't seem that bright. he does have a college degree in agriculture, so he can't be completely stupid. He will probably stay with her for the money. She has made over $50 million dollars from her "empire" (scam). That would be too much to give up. In today's show (I did not see it all) the 10 things I like about Ladd, I think, she did not mention his ass. She used to put pictures up of his bottom, in jeans, with the words "swoon" and red hearts near his bottom. That is very disturbing for a middle aged woman to do. I'll bet it embarrassed her kids. She does not do that anymore. I wonder if he was embarrassed? That is something a sixth grade schoolgirl would do while giggling with her friends. That does not jive with the savvy smart, money-hungry, all-about-the-money businesswoman that we all know she is. She probably did the derriere swoon thing because she thinks her Reeple are so low-class, uneducated, they would love it. I read somewhere that Ladd was engaged to a Hispanic girl, but dumped her. I also read that he has a love child. I don't know if those two things are true or not. Maybe he wanted to marry La Senorita, but was forced to marry the rich girl to save the ranch? Who knows?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I'm glad I read this because there's a Grocery Outlet I pass by frequently. I've been intrigued but never went in. Thanks CharlizesCat for probably saving my life!

I love Grocery Outlet and shop there several times a week.  They specialize in offering stuff that didn't sell at mainstream supermarkets for various reasons, but those items aren't all losers by any means.  For every bad idea from the likes of Pioneer Woman, there are many great deals like Annie's Organic canned/boxed vegetables or soups or flavored pasta mixes that just need salt (per my dad), or dry cat food in a flavor that's being discontinued by Purina for no apparent reason (still popular with my guys), all at prices reduced to levels that make these good products affordable for shoppers on tight budgets.  Anyone who has time to spend browsing should check it out, just to see what's there this week (and won't be around long).   

• Love 1
4 hours ago, cathy said:

She probably did the derriere swoon thing because she thinks her Reeple are so low-class, uneducated, they would love it.

I think you are dead on and I'm certain that they do.  I bet they take bus trips to that town they seem to own just to check it out in person.  Ugh.

• Love 1

I just looked at her facebook page. She is opening an ice cream parlor in Pawhuska. There is a picture of Bryce and token black Kevin tasting the ice cream. They probably only show Kevin to open up a new customer demographic.  I wonder when her whole empire will collapse? When will people get tired of her and her junk food "empire"? When 90% of reeple  die off from complications of diabetes, their legs cut off, tethered to a dialysis machine, blind, they will be unable to make they sacred religious pilgrimage to hole-in-the-wall Pawhuska to see their Queen. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, cathy said:

When 90% of reeple  die off from complications of diabetes, their legs cut off, tethered to a dialysis machine, blind, they will be unable to make they sacred religious pilgrimage to hole-in-the-wall Pawhuska to see their Queen. 

By then she'll be selling a buncha cures made from a mix of miracle spices at Walmart packaged in tasteful PW ceramic jars.

• Love 2

It just occurred to me that after the ice cream parlor is open she will debut ice cream at Walmart. Many flavors, all high fat. That is my prediction, and I'm sticking to it!!

At least Discover Communications hasn't given Ree her own channel (yet) like they've done for Chip and Joanna Gaines. Despite that Fixer Upper is out of production, they have reruns for hours on end on HGTV, and have now decided to give them DIY channel. Things could be worse.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, cathy said:

Many flavors, all high fat.

With varieties including jalapeno and chili peppers.  And chocolate, marshmallow, sprinkles, gummy bears, and nuts with swirls of chocolate and caramel.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

With varieties including jalapeno and chili peppers.  And chocolate, marshmallow, sprinkles, gummy bears, and nuts with swirls of chocolate and caramel.

And don't forget the deep-fat-fried ice cream atrocity, or a weird Ree-take on baked Alaska.  

• Love 4

IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE SAY YOU HAVE AN "EMPIRE" THEN STOP OPENING NEW BUSINESSES AND COMING OUT WITH EVERY POSSIBLE AND CONCEIVABLE PRODUCT TO SELL AT WALMART. SHE STARTED HER OWN MAGAZINE< TV SHOW< KITCHEN< BATH< BEDDING LINE< FOOD LINE< DOG FOO>HUMAN FOOD. THEN SHE COMPLAINS THAT PEOPLE CORRECTLY CALL IT AN EMPIRE. STOP BEING SO FULL OF BULLSHIT YOU LYING PHONY FRAUD. " OH< POOR LITTLE OLD ME< THEY THINK I'M A BUSINESS WOMAN INSTEAD OF A MEEK FARM WIFE! HOW CAN ANYONE SEE ME AS AN AMBITIOUS ENTREPRENEUR? IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!! LIFE IS JUST SO UNFAIR!! I THINK IF REE WAS A MACHINE SHE WOULD BE A GIANT VACUUM CLEANER SUCKING UP EVERY DOLLAR ON THE PLANET.https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/why-the-pioneer-woman-ree-drummond-hates-when-people-say-she-owns-an-empire.html/

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

My son was in Barnes and Noble today and saw this display of pioneer woman leather bound cook books. They are special edition. Pretty nice I think. Good price. Would be a great gift for Mother's day or birthday. I can't seem to copy the picture. It was in the facebook fan page

• Love 1
On 4/15/2019 at 8:33 PM, cathy said:

.  (This is from her facebook page. I wonder when the Reeple will finally realize that she is all about the money, and only the money. I bet the ingredients will be crap, cheap filler that will take years off of a dog's life. Strawberry shortcake for a dog? Her frozen food line is overpriced at $7.00 a package, and I read tastes bad. Poor doggies of America, they don't know what is coming)

I ... I thought you were doing a parody. 

• Love 2
On 4/24/2019 at 10:08 PM, txvoodoo said:

, everywhere else. I mean, how we talked about Aunt Sandy? And good god, Amazing Race contestants?? I mean, the recap on Colin & Christy was EPIC and none too sweet ("My ox is broken!")

You rang?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1