Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

Did anybody catch the double-up casseroles on Saturday? They were the usual "meh ... " ugh.  Those shrimp scampi stuffed shells looked like they would sit in your stomach like rocks. W-A-A-Y too much cream cheese, white sauce and more cheese.  The nacho cheese casserole looked like a baked taco salad. Again, unimaginative dishes served with a rictus grin and too much eyeliner.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Did anybody catch the double-up casseroles on Saturday? They were the usual "meh ... " ugh.  Those shrimp scampi stuffed shells looked like they would sit in your stomach like rocks. W-A-A-Y too much cream cheese, white sauce and more cheese.  The nacho cheese casserole looked like a baked taco salad. Again, unimaginative dishes served with a rictus grin and too much eyeliner.

We did.  That shrimp scampi stuffed shells is a recipe is almost verbatim as to the one circling on Facebook for almost a year with chicken instead of the shrimp.  Everyone at work has made it, and shared their pictures of it.  We really liked it, and I do not recommend freezing it.  For some reason the sauce breaks down in the freezer (at least for me).  The FB one is known as stuffed chicken alfredo.  My husband said the same thing about the nacho cheese casserole.  

Oddly enough, on an old show highlighting her favorite color orange, she pointed to her hair, and made an off hand comment about loving orange so much, her hair now matches.

On her blog she mentions Alex's friend tagging along to California for a week's taping of a FN show.  Curious to see how far this will go.  I do often wonder if the girls will come back to the ranch work/live.  I would love to know that their majors are.  I do not think she has ever said.  I know on one show she did mention that Todd has always said he would love to continue to work on the ranch after college, so we will see.  

5 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Again, unimaginative dishes served with a rictus grin and too much eyeliner.

That's IT...a rictus grin!  I swannee, that gal drives me crazy with that grin constantly on her face. I don't watch this show much, mostly because of that. I find myself stupidly staring at her, trying to catch her without that dimply little grin. She's like Giada, always showin' off that grill. 

• Love 2

I can't take credit for the rictus grin because somebody else on here coined it!  But, your remark about dimples reminded me of an article that circulated around here a while back where the writer compared Ree's face/smile to a "dimpled ball of dough." (I'm paraphrasing, but that's more or less what he said!) 

That all said, Ree didn't look that bad on Saturday's show during the segments where she was dressed in the solid navy blouse. (I think orange and blue are opposites on the color wheel!) :) However, those long bright red dangling tassel earrings were a firm NO. I think she was also wearing a similar pair of turquoise ones along with a fussy print top in another segment. It was just too much visually. 

She desperately needs some color (proper shade of foundation, blush and maybe bronzer) put back into her pasty face and tone down that black eyeliner/mascara. It is so unflattering and makes her eyes look even smaller. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

I can't take credit for the rictus grin because somebody else on here coined it!  But, your remark about dimples reminded me of an article that circulated around here a while back where the writer compared Ree's face/smile to a "dimpled ball of dough." (I'm paraphrasing, but that's more or less what he said!) 

That all said, Ree didn't look that bad on Saturday's show during the segments where she was dressed in the solid navy blouse. (I think orange and blue are opposites on the color wheel!) 🙂 However, those long bright red dangling tassel earrings were a firm NO. I think she was also wearing a similar pair of turquoise ones along with a fussy print top in another segment. It was just too much visually. 

She desperately needs some color (proper shade of foundation, blush and maybe bronzer) put back into her pasty face and tone down that black eyeliner/mascara. It is so unflattering and makes her eyes look even smaller. 

Yes, she is waaay too pasty to have bright orange hair. It reminds me of the white grease paint that clowns wear. Another thing that has always bugged me is she wears all these dangly bracelets when she cooks that are just begging to be dragged through whatever nasty concoction she is making. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Another thing that has always bugged me is she wears all these dangly bracelets when she cooks that are just begging to be dragged through whatever nasty concoction she is making. 

And I keep thinking of finding long red stuff in whatever she's making.  I hate cooks who don't tie their hair back.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Yes, she is waaay too pasty to have bright orange hair. It reminds me of the white grease paint that clowns wear. Another thing that has always bugged me is she wears all these dangly bracelets when she cooks that are just begging to be dragged through whatever nasty concoction she is making. 

I hate when she mixes something with her hands, and she does not remove her wedding ring set. Ugh. When I cook, all rings are off, as well as all bracelets. I mean, yuck. 

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

The woman that interviewed her on CBS Sunday Morning was clearly one of her Reeple.  It made me cringe and made the Drummonds sound like the second coming of Christ.

WTF is wrong with people in this country worshipping the rich simply because they have money? I thought we put hard work and innovation ahead of mammon.

• Love 4
On 3/11/2019 at 4:31 PM, peacheslatour said:

WTF is wrong with people in this country worshipping the rich simply because they have money? I thought we put hard work and innovation ahead of mammon.

They aspire to instant wealth. The more difficult it is to move up the ladder naturally, the more attractive "magic" wealth is. Inequality breeds this. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, hielandfoodie said:

So, all of you who think ranching is easy need to spend a few weeks working on one,

I don't believe anyone thinks of it as easy. However, these people are multi-millionaires. I highly doubt the "cowboy on the horse" is entirely accurate but is more likely a good visual for the cameras.  You can't tell me they don't use things like ORVs to get around and herd the cattle. Plus there is no upkeep to the mustang herds.  

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I don't believe anyone thinks of it as easy. However, these people are multi-millionaires. I highly doubt the "cowboy on the horse" is entirely accurate but is more likely a good visual for the cameras.  You can't tell me they don't use things like ORVs to get around and herd the cattle. Plus there is no upkeep to the mustang herds.  

Ladd and the kids seem to do some work on the  ranch but Ree has said she refuses.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Ladd and the kids seem to do some work on the  ranch...

I don't doubt they do some and the kids clearly know how to ride but I bet the majority is handled by hired hands and the whole "horsey" bit is done mostly for the cameras.

• Love 4
On 2/15/2019 at 3:13 PM, Kohola3 said:

I think people may be having difficulty finding this because of the PTV reorg.

Yes, I'm still lost on finding so many shows/threads I used to love. I get it: (according to the PT mods) : change is good. 😁 

if I can't find what I'm looking for here, I just go to FansOfRealityTV. Lots of funny posters, the same TV shows and it's much easier to find what I'm looking for. So I'm here sometimes and lots of time at FORTV.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Dear god....those f'n dimples! She could use them for gravy boats. And I can't stand her faux cowboy husband Ladd. 

It's the rictus smile that drives me batty.  It's so freaking weird, nobody smiles 24/7.  She's the female version of Dr. Sardonicus.

smile.jpg

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

It's so annoying that someone on TFN told the female hosts that they have to keep a smile on their face 95% of the time.  About the only one who doesn't do this is Tricia Yearwood, which I like about her.  Giada, Ree, Ina, the Girl Meets Farm host... all drank the kool-aid.  What irks me more is that none of the male hosts are expected to maintain a goony smile while stirring sauce or slicing onions. 

I guess they reason that men are serious cooks but women need to be smiling nurturers, happy to be sharing their food.  Sorry for the rant, but this always bothers me.

• Love 11
57 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I don't think we can blame FN. Sara Moulton says Julia Child told her she should smile while on camera.

But Julia was back in the days of the happy housewife.  Surely we've learned more since then!

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

But Julia was back in the days of the happy housewife.  Surely we've learned more since then!

And who else remembers the guy from New Orleans who was called "Mo Better"? No smile on his face but damn good cookin! 

Fuck off Food Network with the smile all the time (or ANY time) b s. I don't give an F if the cook is smiling or not....just teach me something about cooking that I don't already know (which is ALOT!)

Because for fucks sake....I know how to smile.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And who else remembers the guy from New Orleans who was called "Mo Better"? No smile on his face but damn good cookin! 

Fuck off Food Network with the smile all the time (or ANY time) b s. I don't give an F if the cook is smiling or not....just teach me something about cooking that I don't already know (which is ALOT!)

Because for fucks sake....I know how to smile.

I saw an episode of Giada's where she showed some of her earliest shows and she points out that she didn't smile much and was told she needed to smile more by the producers of her show. So she did.

• Love 1

I was bored and watched yesterday's show. I would have been SOOOoooo embarrassed if I were Ladd, Todd, Ree's dad and Patsy, by Ree's behavior during Todd's football game.  I know that football isn't everybody's cup of tea and it's a complicated difficult game to try to learn to understand and follow well. BUT ... if I were the mother of TWO sons who played, I'd make at least a little effort to try to learn the most rudimentary aspects of the game.

But of course ... this sporting event had to be ALL ABOUT REE and she made a complete ass of herself. Ladd could barely conceal his annoyance and Ree's father and Patsy ignored her.

The food? Ketchup mixed with ranch dressing to dip unpeeled "carrot fries" in. 'Nuff said.

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

The food? Ketchup mixed with ranch dressing to dip unpeeled "carrot fries" in. 'Nuff said.

Oh, yuck, that's just atrocious.  Just when you think she can't get any worse....

• Love 4

Yeah. Yesterday's show was mostly about Ree and Ladd and Ree's dad (I forgot his name) and his wife, Patsy, at Surly's Toddy's football game. So the food angle was the Ree was making her "baby" a special victory dinner.

She made chocolate chunk cookies with a glob of frozen peanut butter baked into the middle. Mainly for herself, she admitted.

Then she made "Pawhuska" cheese steak paninis. She heated up deli roast beef in a pan with onions and peppers. She made the sandwiches on Texas toast and added a slice of provolone. For some inexplicable reason (because she can?) she also made a sauce by melting Velveeta processed cheese loaf with evaporated milk and added her usual repertoire of hot sauce and garlic. She put a big blob of sauce on the sandwiches before putting them into the panini press. I imagine that all of that gross cheese sauce splurged out of the sides of the sandwiches when they were compressed. I don't think she ever showed the final product and that is probably why. It was a sodden mess. 

The piece de resistance was the carrot fries and dipping sauce. She took unpeeled carrots, cut them into she shape of fries, drizzled them with olive oil and salt and baked them. The sauce was a combination of ketchup and ranch dressing. Todd sneered at them and said, "I bet it was a way to try to get me to eat vegetables." I would definitely turn my nose up too, but not for that reason.

By comparison, Giada's group picnic at the dog park looked like a whole lot more fun and the food much better.  She even made gourmet food for the dogs!

• Love 5
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:41 PM, CharlizeCat said:

... The piece de resistance was the carrot fries and dipping sauce. She took unpeeled carrots, cut them into she shape of fries, drizzled them with olive oil and salt and baked them. The sauce was a combination of ketchup and ranch dressing. ...

I read Charlizecat's review yesterday and wondered how such a notion would ever occur, much less appeal, to anyone.  Then today, I saw this product advertised by Grocery Outlet for $1.99 ("while supplies last!").  Bearing in mind that Grocery Outlet is where many a failed experiment goes to die, and given her penchant for "borrowing" recipes without giving credit for them, I'm not really surprised to see the same bad idea from both sources. 

• Love 6

Hi everyone. I could not find the thread after they changed it, but tried again and found it today. Ree's show is "dead" as everyone is saying. Just boring "plots" and horrid food. Her frozen food line gets bad reviews even on "the official pioneer woman facebook fan page." Even her Reeple say it tastes bad, is too expensive, and the portion size is too small! Now she has several types of ranch dressing out, and it is expensive. She will fizzle and fade, be forgotten, but with her $50 million. Lura, don't give up you can still get better, often it just takes time.

• Love 3

I don't recall how recently I saw this (hoping it was a dream but it wasn't) "she"/ miss dimples was on the cover of People magazine. Is she really that popular or maybe people magazine is desperate?

6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

She's got a following of sheep who don't know food from a bag of rocks.

I admit that I can't cook (without following a recipe) but even my inexperienced ass knows slop food from good cooking.

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:49 PM, Kohola3 said:

She's got a following of sheep who don't know food from a bag of rocks.

A friend was joking about RDs Tasty Kitchen community site. My GF considers it a hate read of American food fail lunacy.

Black Jesus help us!

It explains how RD is so popular when her loyal followers post recipes like Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Beer Bread. The only thing missing from that recipe were gummy bears and glitter sprinkles.

• Love 3

Ugh.  Not only are the recipes not appetizing, but poorly written.

Take this excerpt:

Place a trivet into your Instant Pot and pour in 1 cup of water. Place the cake pan into the Instant Pot. Cover (make sure it’s set to sealing) and cook until the eggs are set, which should be 28 minutes. If there is a bunch buncha of fat sitting on top of the eggs once cooked (there likely will be), blot off with a paper towel.

This recipe also called for Italian sausage, but the author said that instead, she just seasoned some ground pork herself. Another ingredient was chicken bone broth.  Blergh. 

• LOL 3

I’m excited to finally get to spill the beans on something I’ve been working on for the past year: I partnered with Purina to create The Pioneer Woman Dog Treats, inspired by my L❤️VE for dogs (and of course, my love for home cooking!) Every one of my crunchy and meaty treat are all natural and made with simple ingredients, AND (most importantly, according to them, haha)...all the Drummond doggies love them. I think you’ll get a kick out of the fun/yummy choices, from Beef Brisket to Chicken Parmesan to Strawberry Shortcake to Chicken & Blueberry Waffles (which Walter is licking his chops over in this pic!) and more. The new treats will be on shelves at Walmart stores this Saturday, and at Sam’s Club next week! It has been amazing to work with Purina throughout this entire process, from ideas to ingredients to packaging to...now! They are a company made up of folks who love their own dogs as much as I love mine.  (This is from her facebook page. I wonder when the Reeple will finally realize that she is all about the money, and only the money. I bet the ingredients will be crap, cheap filler that will take years off of a dog's life. Strawberry shortcake for a dog? Her frozen food line is overpriced at $7.00 a package, and I read tastes bad. Poor doggies of America, they don't know what is coming)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, cathy said:

I’m excited to finally get to spill the beans on something I’ve been working on for the past year: I partnered with Purina to create The Pioneer Woman Dog Treats, inspired by my L❤️VE for dogs (and of course, my love for home cooking!) Every one of my crunchy and meaty treat are all natural and made with simple ingredients, AND (most importantly, according to them, haha)...all the Drummond doggies love them. I think you’ll get a kick out of the fun/yummy choices, from Beef Brisket to Chicken Parmesan to Strawberry Shortcake to Chicken & Blueberry Waffles (which Walter is licking his chops over in this pic!) and more. The new treats will be on shelves at Walmart stores this Saturday, and at Sam’s Club next week! It has been amazing to work with Purina throughout this entire process, from ideas to ingredients to packaging to...now! They are a company made up of folks who love their own dogs as much as I love mine.  (This is from her facebook page. I wonder when the Reeple will finally realize that she is all about the money, and only the money. I bet the ingredients will be crap, cheap filler that will take years off of a dog's life. Strawberry shortcake for a dog? Her frozen food line is overpriced at $7.00 a package, and I read tastes bad. Poor doggies of America, they don't know what is coming)

Oh, Good Lord...

• Love 2

Just curious ... did there happen to be a date on the FB post? Even for Ree, that sounds an awful lot like an April Fools' prank to me. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this is true, but still ... ? WTF?

4 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

Just curious ... did there happen to be a date on the FB post? Even for Ree, that sounds an awful lot like an April Fools' prank to me. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this is true, but still ... ? WTF?

This has to be satire. Right? If so, well done!