Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

This. I used to be somewhat like this when I was younger working as a dancer. It was all about glam, looks/appearance. I did just about anything for attention and anyone who criticized me I labeled as "jealous". No, it turns out I was a shallow, defensive ass who had a lot of introspection and growing up to do (and relationships to repair, some of which are still damaged).

Erika is compensating for something by using her wall of glam and defensiveness. She's become meaner and her behavior more superior as the seasons progress. At first I liked her--she seemed like she was being real--now I just see a shallow attention seeker. People will turn their backs on her, I know because it happened to me. You can only deal with a "you're-just-jealous" saying narcissist for so long and as mentioned above, when people are alienated in this way, the relationship may never recover. "Oh yeah, I remember you. You became a real bitch." They won't care why (whatever boo-hoo story you have under there), just that you were. Something for her to think about. 

I hope that some of your friends have forgiven you and have witnessed how much you have grown. It sounds like you have worked very hard to improve yourself. You deserve kindness. 

• Love 14
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I hope that some of your friends have forgiven you and have witnessed how much you have grown. It sounds like you have worked very hard to improve yourself. You deserve kindness. 

Thank you. It's hard to get connections back in some relationships.  A few are permanently severed. The issues have been discussed, but have not come full circle and some old friends are social, but distant.  I've had to learn how to be a good friend and now have a few strong female friendships (it's the quality not the quantity:).

Erika thinks she has it all and needs no one--but one day when her career is a thing of the past, her glam squad is gone or something happens to Tom, she might find herself alone (and not liking it). But who knows, maybe the ice queen will never thaw (except the time we saw her rage on Eileen about her son). 

• Love 8
On 12/19/2017 at 6:55 PM, Happy Camper said:

Enough of Erika Jayne.

I would be much more interested in learning more about Erika Girardi. Can we see more of her?

Hope so. 

Please show us more of Erika Girardi!!!

I’m not interested in either one.  As others have said, Erica Jayne is painful to watch and embarrassing.  Erica Gerardo is just the classless second wife of a PI lawyer.  She sees money and possessions as indications of class.

• Love 10
On 06/01/2018 at 3:07 AM, BBHN said:

As others have said, Erica Jayne is painful to watch and embarrassing

I just dislike her-always have.

I have known women like her and she will stab you as soon as you no longer have anything she wants or needs.

She is lacking class and I bet her DH told her to get to know Lisa and Dorit to bring some much needed respectibility to herself. No matter what she says, her time is running out and she is getting older. The pretty Gay boys will soon move on to someone younger. She reeks of desperation to me. 

Edited by booboopbedoo
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Does anyone know how long Erika left her son?   I’ve seen a few comments that she left him with his father in NY when she moved to LA, but at some point did she move her son back to LA?

He lived with his father until he moved to LA as an adult. I am sure he visited his mom but he was raised by his father.

• Love 6

I just dislike her-always have.

To each their own.

get to know Lisa and Dorit to bring some much needed respectibility to herself

I'm not sure I quite follow that line of thinking. Get to know? They're co-stars on a reality show, they all kind of have to get to know each other. Also, knowing LVP and Dorit gets someone respectability?

The pretty Gay boys will soon move on to someone younger

Pretty Gay boys tend to follow people as long as they find that person entertaining, regardless of their age.

Granted, I'm a bear and 40 years old, and I find her entertaining, so what do I know?

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

25017709_2007177409562404_29348010394019

Her Vegas look.

I really like Erika's TH Looks this season. They make me giggle.

They are certainly good for a laugh. The lipstick that looks like a four year old drew it on. The pigtails, the outfits. The headgear.  Mikey is laughing on the sidelines, and all the way to the bank with Mr. G's $$$. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, WireWrap said:

He lived with his father until he moved to LA as an adult. I am sure he visited his mom but he was raised by his father.

I'm not commenting directly towards you but more as a comment on what I've seen several people state.  There is a general disdain towards Ericka with several people mentioning that she "left" her son with his father so she could go off and try to reach her dreams. If Ericka was a man, we wouldn't bat an eye. Nobody thinks any less of a man if he travels or leaves his children with their mother so he can become a successful businessman or even join a circus. But if a woman does it then SHAME upon her. Why does a woman have to forego her dreams but it is acceptable for a man to do it?  Now, I don't follow super close but it doesn't seem like he was mistreated or that she left him with a drug addict or anything. It still seems like he had a good childhood and he obviously has a good relationship with her if he lives with her now. 

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

,I'm not commenting directly towards you but more as a comment on what I've seen several people state.  There is a general disdain towards Ericka with several people mentioning that she "left" her son with his father so she could go off and try to reach her dreams. If Ericka was a man, we wouldn't bat an eye. Nobody thinks any less of a man if he travels or leaves his children with their mother so he can become a successful businessman or even join a circus. But if a woman does it then SHAME upon her. Why does a woman have to forego her dreams but it is acceptable for a man to do it?  Now, I don't follow super close but it doesn't seem like he was mistreated or that she left him with a drug addict or anything. It still seems like he had a good childhood and he obviously has a good relationship with her if he lives with her now. 

Actually I would, and have batted more than an  eye, about fathers who chose to not spend time with their children.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, diadochokinesis said:

I'm not commenting directly towards you but more as a comment on what I've seen several people state.  There is a general disdain towards Ericka with several people mentioning that she "left" her son with his father so she could go off and try to reach her dreams. If Ericka was a man, we wouldn't bat an eye. Nobody thinks any less of a man if he travels or leaves his children with their mother so he can become a successful businessman or even join a circus. But if a woman does it then SHAME upon her. Why does a woman have to forego her dreams but it is acceptable for a man to do it?  Now, I don't follow super close but it doesn't seem like he was mistreated or that she left him with a drug addict or anything. It still seems like he had a good childhood and he obviously has a good relationship with her if he lives with her now. 

Actually what Erika did was follow her dream to LA when her son was three years old and her dreams were put on hold for 10 years while she supported her second husband's career.  It is a choice and it really doesn't matter if it a man or a woman who geographically relocates for whatever reason, they have put their desires before their relationship with their child.  It is not as if the New York City area doesn't have opportunities for performers.  It feels as if Erika wants us to believe the only way she could pursue her dreams was to move to LA.  If Erika wanted to be an astronaut and the only training available was in Houston, would be a little more understandable.  

As to her first husband he is the purveyor of male strip clubs catering to female audience, animal fur company proprietor and former bail bond company owner.  He and the boy  did relocate to Las Vegas in 2010.  I am thinking Erika's son would have been around 20 years old and completed his secondary education and some college.  http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/03/16/rhobh-meet-erika-girardis-ex-husband-son-photos/

At some point instead of trying to figure out the enigma of Erika, I wish she would just acknowledge much like her childhood. where her father left and her mother was emotionally distant, she didn't have a lot of trouble physically relocating far away from her son.  My issue is she attempts to lump herself in with the other women who have actually had their children under the same roof and put in the daily work that involves raising their children. Erika was traveling the world and country with her husband.  There have been pages written about how some RH dare use a nanny (or four in the case of Camille or Dorit) so it is not as if the rest of the women are not scrutinized as to their level of commitment to raising their children.  My biggest issue with Erika and her comments on parenting is last year at the Reunion, when Rinna was telling the story of meeting up with Gigi Hadid in the elevator and how professional she was towards evil Rinna and her spawn, Erika jumped in with, "that is all Yolanda," well I am quite certain Mohamed and even David Foster had and have a pretty big hand in raising the Hadid children with constant visitation and living under the same roof.  It was a low blow or maybe in Erika's case a lack of awareness or sensitivity towards co-parenting.  

I am thrilled Erika's son turned out so well.  Maybe he will break the cycle and stick around and raise his children when the time comes.  He certainly has not had  an maternal example in his life.

• Love 18

It is not as if the New York City area doesn't have opportunities for performers.

Not quite as many as LA. NYC's main advantage is if you're looking to do theater work, which I don't think Erika was.

I am quite certain Mohamed and even David Foster had and have a pretty big hand in raising the Hadid children with constant visitation and living under the same roof.  It was a low blow or maybe in Erika's case a lack of awareness or sensitivity towards co-parenting.  

Or maybe Erika is just privy to the Hadid household in ways the rest of us aren't.

• Love 2

Has Erika talked more about her son and her decisions than I have read? It hasn't come across to me that Erika is trying to convince us of much of anything. I haven't read much about her saying anything about him. I have read a few throwaway comments, but nothing substantial. She has never seemed to deny that she left NY and went to LA. It isn't a particularly good look, but I haven't heard her spending a lot of time trying to dress it all up and make it sound more palatable. Maybe she does so in her book. Maybe she takes more time to explain it all. As others have said, her son lives with her now. They seem to have a good relationship. She seems to love him and he her. In my experience things don't often work out that way if the kid felt unloved or abandoned. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Higgins said:

Actually I would, and have batted more than an  eye, about fathers who chose to not spend time with their children.

I can't imagine a child not being very confused and heartbroken by a mother or father taking off across the country. If they are used to having that parent involved in their daily life, and then that parent is gone, how could it not impact negatively? This was a three year old. I've seen three year olds cry when they are dropped off at day care. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I can't imagine a child not being very confused and heartbroken by a mother or father taking off across the country. If they are used to having that parent involved in their daily life, and then that parent is gone, how could it not impact negatively? This was a three year old. I've seen three year olds cry when they are dropped off at day care. 

In my experience (personal and professional), children are far more resilient than what most adults give them credit for. My husband left for a little over a year (he had an extended work trip to a different country) when my daughter was 2.5 years old.  She was kinda “meh” over the whole thing but she was used to him being gone every week for work (he would come home most weekends). And FYI, she has a fantastic relationship with him.  I was raised in a similar situation and am extremely close to my father. Just because a parent isn’t around doesn’t mean the child is going to have issues or is missing out on something. 

Edited by diadochokinesis
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

In my experience (personal and professional), children are far more resilient than what most adults give them credit for. My husband left for a little over a year when my daughter was 2.5 years old.  She was kinda “meh” over the whole thing but she was used to him being gone every week for work (he would come home most weekends). And FYI, she has a fantastic relationship with him.  I was raised in a similar situation and am extremely close to my father. Just because a parent isn’t around doesn’t mean the child is going to have issues or is missing out on something. 

Great post. 

In my experience, and what I have read, children adapt to their environments. They get use to certain things and are very resilient. For instance I have read that a divorce is far harder on teenagers or older children than younger ones. It is the tumultuous change in their routines that is hard to overcome. If her son grew up with Erika living someplace else, but saw her on a regular basis (we don't know that he did not), this would be his routine and his world. Maybe he wished that he had a mom around all the time, but maybe since that was all he knew from a young age, he was OK with it. Like most around here, I cannot imagine not raising my child, or being away from them for prolonged periods of time, but it doesn't have to mean the child wasn't happy or loved. I just don't think that we know enough about their situation to really know one way or the other. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I would question a father that moved across the country as well. There is no comparison between a parent that travels for work and someone that choses to live thousands of mile away IMO. As for Erika's son's childhood, we don't know if it was good or bad as he has said nothing and Erika hasn't talked about it either except to say he lives with her now. 

• Love 13

I think that there are many valid ways to parent, including from a geographic distance in some cases.

I also think that if someone talks about the ways that she was parented and its lifelong impact on her (mother treating her as an adult, father leaving her, coming second to her parents' own needs), then that invites looking at the subsequent choices that she made as a parent herself.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, jaync said:

Tragic.

She looks like she just sucked off the Pink Panther.

Agreed!  I’m a few years older than Erika and think there is something mentally or emotionally “off” with an adult woman who chooses to look like a school girl blow up sex doll.  I’ve never admired her look, but at least she used to convey that there was more to her than just a big ol pair of dick sucking lips.  I am embarrassed for her.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Agreed!  I’m a few years older than Erika and think there is something mentally or emotionally “off” with an adult woman who chooses to look like a school girl blow up sex doll.  I’ve never admired her look, but at least she used to convey that there was more to her than just a big ol pair of dick sucking lips.  I am embarrassed for her.

So true - there’s something way wrong with this one.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

There is a general disdain towards Ericka with several people mentioning that she "left" her son with his father so she could go off and try to reach her dreams. If Ericka was a man, we wouldn't bat an eye. 

I don't think that's accurate - Bobby Frankel was criticized for doing what Erica did (moving to L.A. to pursue a dream/remarrying/staying in touch with the child over the years)  and people (conversely) praised Mauricio for being a (seemingly) involved Dad, despite a busy career -- seems like a consistent standard being applied, imo.

I do agree that it's often hard to separate gender from how people generally perceive parenting roles, but in a case as extreme as Erica's, to me it's about the kid's situation, not the gender of the parent inflicting the situation.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
37 minutes ago, film noire said:

I don't think that's accurate - people criticized Bobby Frankel for doing what Erica did (moving to L.A. to pursue a dream/remarrying /staying in touch with the child over the years)  and (conversely) praised Mauricio for being a (seemingly) involved Dad, despite a busy career -- seems like a consistent standard being applied, imo.

I do agree that it's often hard to separate gender from how people generally perceive parenting roles, but in a case as extreme as Erica's, to me it's about the kid's situation, not the gender of the parent inflicting the situation.

People have also been critical of PK for never mentioning his older kids and them being raised in the UK while he's in the states.

I think folks are fairly critical of Erika's choice because she was in a city where she could have pursued her dream, but she felt that she'd have a better chance in LA. It's not like she was in Omaha. She was in New York. The reality is that she wasn't competitive in New York. She hoped that people would be more shallow in LA and she'd get a chance. She went to LA and nothing came of her dream and then she sublimated her desires until now.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

She hoped that people would be more shallow in LA and she'd get a chance. She went to LA and nothing came of her dream and then she sublimated her desires until now.

She wasn't funded until now (Tom). 

Underneath all her public persona, especially Erika Jayne, lies a lonely insecure woman. She really needs a lot of maintenance attention. What is she going to do to get it when her baby doll act gets too old? 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

People have also been critical of PK for never mentioning his older kids and them being raised in the UK while he's in the states.

I could be wrong, but I remember the PK thing coming up because of the Erika discussion. If it were wrong for her, why not for him? Anyway it all gets circular in nature. For me, I have no issue with PK (well not about the kid thing - I have plenty of other issues with him) because I don't know enough about it. I don't know all of the circumstances. How often he sees his children, what his relationship is with them, does he help out financially? He might be far away, but he might still be a wonderful, loving father. 

I also don't think that many folks are critical of Frankel just because he moved across the country. I think it was because of the way he treated Bethenny. And of the fact that he left Bethenny with what appeared to be an unstable mother. Often times one parent or the other moves far away. I grew up that way from a very young age, and never knew anything different so it wasn't a big deal to me. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gundysgirl said:

I could be wrong, but I remember the PK thing coming up because of the Erika discussion. If it were wrong for her, why not for him? Anyway it all gets circular in nature. For me, I have no issue with PK (well not about the kid thing - I have plenty of other issues with him) because I don't know enough about it. I don't know all of the circumstances. How often he sees his children, what his relationship is with them, does he help out financially? He might be far away, but he might still be a wonderful, loving father. 

I also don't think that many folks are critical of Frankel just because he moved across the country. I think it was because of the way he treated Bethenny. And of the fact that he left Bethenny with what appeared to be an unstable mother. Often times one parent or the other moves far away. I grew up that way from a very young age, and never knew anything different so it wasn't a big deal to me. 

PK's ex wife took their kids and moved back to England, he didn't move away from them, she/they moved away from him. Also, with PK not talking about his older children with wife #1, he hasn't made any claims about raising children as a "single parent" like Erika has. IMO, her saying how hard it was to be a "single mother raising a child" is where all the questions/comments are coming from.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

In my experience (personal and professional), children are far more resilient than what most adults give them credit for. My husband left for a little over a year (he had an extended work trip to a different country) when my daughter was 2.5 years old.  She was kinda “meh” over the whole thing but she was used to him being gone every week for work (he would come home most weekends). And FYI, she has a fantastic relationship with him.  I was raised in a similar situation and am extremely close to my father. Just because a parent isn’t around doesn’t mean the child is going to have issues or is missing out on something. 

Your daughter was used to her dad being gone away. This was the life she knew. Being without him for a year was not much different than what was normal.

A three year old whose mommy is suddenly gone...different scenario. I know that if I had suddenly dropped out of my kid's lives when they were that age, well they would have been totally devastated. 

Most importantly, if someone had removed me from their lives when they were three years old, I would have been inconsolable. I would have completely lost my shit if someone had tried to separate me from my kids when they were that age. There would be no situation that would have made that ok with me. There is no one or anything in this world that would have kept me from my babies when they were that young. 

I cannot imagine any parent being ok with leaving a three year old to go thousands of mile away. Mother or Father. 

Just my feelings on this situation. Nothing that anyone says will change my thoughts on this.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, BBHN said:

Not quite as many as LA. NYC's main advantage is if you're looking to do theater work, which I don't think Erika was.

Or maybe Erika is just privy to the Hadid household in ways the rest of aren't.

Erika didn’t want to be an actress,she wanted to be a singer or rather "performer" there are tons of opportunities for that in NYC.

I doubt Erika knows much about the Hadid house it was clear that like most of the friendships on this are created as an excuse to brimg them on the show.

• Love 8

Erika didn’t want to be an actress,she wanted to be a singer or rather "performer" there are tons of opportunities for that in NYC.

Tons more in LA.

I doubt Erika knows much about the Hadid house it was clear that like most of the friendships on this are created as an excuse to brimg them on the show.

They probably still have much more insight into these things than we do, either way.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Tons more in LA.

Not enough for Erika since the only thing she succeded at is landing a wealthy husband to finance her vanity project. I also disagree that LA has more opportunities forthe career she wanted.

• Love 14

Not everyone who goes to LA or NYC is successful. The stories of people who didn't make it probably outweigh the stories of people who did.

I also disagree that LA has more opportunities forthe career she wanted.

I guess we can add that to the list of many things we disagree about lol

• Love 4
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

A decent number of the cruise lines also do auditions out of NYC too. They audition in Florida, Houston, London, and LA too. But it's kind of ludicrous that Erika posits that she'd have better opportunities to sing, dance, and act in LA as opposed to NYC. There is a decent amount of casting for the Las Vegas shows in New York too. Hollywood manages to have a successful musical once a year, but there are dozens of successful musicals in NYC that sell out daily. Erika didn't want to work; she wanted to be a star, which is why being chorus girl #5 was always going to be unsatisfying to her.

• Love 10

It doesn't matter if her dream of becoming a performing tart star was more easily realized in L.A.,  or NYC.  What matters is that her dream was more important than being a present parent to her toddler.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 12

Back in the 90s, I was pursuing an acting career in Manhattan. I spoke with some friends who would fly out to LA for pilot season casting. I am sure things are very different now with youtube, etc., but my friends told me that while there were many more opportunities to audition for projects in LA, there were also many, many more actors, singers and dancers out in LA competing for those roles at those auditions. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 3
On 1/7/2018 at 0:45 PM, BBHN said:

The pretty Gay boys will soon move on to someone younger

Pretty Gay boys tend to follow people as long as they find that person entertaining, regardless of their age.

Granted, I'm a bear and 40 years old, and I find her entertaining, so what do I know?

The pretty gay boys will be hard pressed to find someone younger that can afford to keep them on retainer like that. Erika has her faults but she is always kind and respectful to her team (at least on camera). That's not usually the case with those types of gigs. And frankly, working for someone like Erika who is only marginally famous is much less pressure than working for a real superstar. They've got it made right now.

On 1/8/2018 at 1:18 AM, diadochokinesis said:

I disagree that a man could get away with that. Any parent that isn't actively involved in their child's life will get a side-eye from me. However, I don't think what Erika did is much different from a lot of the other HW who are basically phoning it in and letting the staff raise their kids instead.

It's all very confusing and shrouded in secrecy, as things with Erika tend to be. But at the end of the day, I think it's telling that her son lives with her now. And unlike many of the other HW spawn, he's not angling for camera time. Maybe I'm being idealistic but it seems things are good between them now, despite what may or may not have transpired in his youth.

On a total side note, I keep getting confused. Wasn't her ex-husband's name also Tom? And her son? And her current husband? Or am I scrambling things. Because that's almost as bad as Kim K marrying a guy with the same name as her mom. Blech!

• Love 1

Tuesday episode had a blurb about Tom being in an accident, LVP being sued and Dorit crying (she should be) and I was curious how serious an accident Tom was in.  

Instead I found this:  https://www.dailybreeze.com/2017/07/01/famed-attorney-thomas-girardi-accused-of-hoarding-settlement-funds-for-carsons-carousel-residents/

Girardi has been sued for malpractice, fraud or breach of contract at least 22 times since 1995, according to court records. Because most of the disputes were settled, many case details are not available to the public.

At least seven of those suits came from former clients who alleged their cash settlements were withheld or misappropriated.

I can understand the plaintiffs' angst-when Erika rolls on DWTS showing her wealth and offering up a Lamborghini to her dance partner should she win or travelling the world with her Glam Squad. 

I wonder if Rinna will bring up this lawsuit?    

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Talk about old news...

The 2 lawsuits against Ken/Lisa have to do with the dog business venture. One is from the designer who made Giggy outfits and then a line for the store which they then stole her designs and had them made under their company logo and the other is a Ken on female assault.

Here's a recent video of the ladies on Megyn Kelly from Jan 9th, 2018

• Love 3
On 1/9/2018 at 0:53 AM, HunterHunted said:

A decent number of the cruise lines also do auditions out of NYC too. They audition in Florida, Houston, London, and LA too. But it's kind of ludicrous that Erika posits that she'd have better opportunities to sing, dance, and act in LA as opposed to NYC. There is a decent amount of casting for the Las Vegas shows in New York too. Hollywood manages to have a successful musical once a year, but there are dozens of successful musicals in NYC that sell out daily. Erika didn't want to work; she wanted to be a star, which is why being chorus girl #5 was always going to be unsatisfying to her.

Plus the fact that she's not talented enough to even be chorus girl #5. Those folks work their butts off and are super talented.

• Love 8