Type keyword(s) to search

Bachelor Live

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Jade always looks so happy with Tanner. I feel bad for Des and Chris getting short-shrift from the show, but at least TB pours on the love (and finance the wedding) for this nice couple. (And does CH really think we believe he was "just asked" to officiate the wedding that will be filmed in just a few weeks?)

With all those "small town values" Ben talks about, I felt pretty confident we wouldn't be seeing the "cameraman takes his photo naked in the shower" shots like we did of Sean during his season.  

Wrong! It turns out that Ben and his small town values is pretty tacky, too, with the gratuitous "naked in the shower" shots.

I knew who K. Kardashian was of course, but have avoided ever hearing her speak on any show on any subject.  That said, although she's had too much plastic surgery and her face looks like a mask, my impression tonight was surprisingly positive. At least in terms of this show, she actually came across as reasonable, likeable and with good ideas. CH has no problem hosting alone for the hour and I'm really preferring the "superfan guests" each week to the co-host they had last season. This feels like a pretty fast hour, especially compared with that.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 1

Yes, that was funny CH didn't ask Chris about Jade, but I guess he thought Becca was enough. Chris Soules just seems like such a drip. I hope Whitney Bichoff will come on and announce an engagement, too, before this season is over.

The "things you didn't see" don't always make you like the people in the clips. I thought Shushanna was quite rude last week by continuing to speak in Russian long after the gimmick had run its course. But watching her "teach" Russian to Emily made me dislike her even more. Emily was doing quite well (and was right about the rolled r's which Shushanna completely shot her down for thinking). But Shushanna had such a bitch-face through the whole thing, so obviously enjoying correcting her--even when she was actually doing pretty well with it. I got such a snotty feeling from her--not one word of encouragement. Anyway, I don't know if Ben kept her or not, but I'm hoping "not".

• Love 3

The "things you didn't see" don't always make you like the people in the clips. I thought Shushanna was quite rude last week by continuing to speak in Russian long after the gimmick had run its course. But watching her "teach" Russian to Emily made me dislike her even more. Emily was doing quite well (and was right about the rolled r's which Shushanna completely shot her down for thinking). But Shushanna had such a bitch-face through the whole thing, so obviously enjoying correcting her--even when she was actually doing pretty well with it. I got such a snotty feeling from her--not one word of encouragement. Anyway, I don't know if Ben kept her or not, but I'm hoping "not".

To be fair, it's completely not within the Russian culture to be encouraging. That kind of stuff can be deeply ingrained. I left the Soviet Union more than 20 years ago as a child, and it still makes me uncomfortable when someone tells me I did a good job at something. Also, to my ears Emily wasn't doing well at all - she kept mispronouncing the first word in a way that it took on a different grammatical meaning, so Shushanna made her repeat it until she got it right.

In other news: I'm surprised that Kaley Cuoco, one of the highest-paid actresses on television, has nothing better to do than Skype into the show. And that she chooses to be friends to with famewhore Ali. And that she lives in Khloe Kardashian's old house (BTW, is that house divorce-cursed, or what?).

Kris Jenner's plastic surgery - oy! There are actual ripples on her face now.

I have a cold, black heart, but for some reason I don't see Jade and Tanner lasting. They've been together less than a year and are probably still in the infatuation phase. Two years from now they'll probably be the first married-on-TV Bachelor franchise couples to get divorced. I just get that vibe from them.

• Love 1

Kris Jenner's plastic surgery - oy! There are actual ripples on her face now.

I noticed that too and was going to ask if anyone else noticed. From our point of view, it appeared that the left side of her face had 2 "scars" running across it. Is this from plastic surgery or misplaced fillers??

• Love 2

I think one way they could improve this show would be to have a host who doesn't know the outcome of the show.  Nothing against Chris Harrison as a host, but how can he answer anything honestly or direct the conversation impartially if he knows who Ben ends up with.  It's like Ben... not much he can actually say although he is smoother at dodging.

I think one way they could improve this show would be to have a host who doesn't know the outcome of the show.  Nothing against Chris Harrison as a host, but how can he answer anything honestly or direct the conversation impartially if he knows who Ben ends up with.  It's like Ben... not much he can actually say although he is smoother at dodging.

• Love 1

I knew who K. Kardashian was of course, but have avoided ever hearing her speak on any show on any subject. That said, although she's had too much plastic surgery and her face looks like a mask, my impression tonight was surprisingly positive.

That wasn't Kim Kardashian. It was her mom, Kris Jenner.

In other news: I'm surprised that Kaley Cuoco, one of the highest-paid actresses on television, has nothing better to do than Skype into the show.

Well celebrities are human and some are really into reality shows like the average person. Kirsten Dunst revealed in an interview that not only does she have weekly wine and cheese viewing Bachelor/ette parties with her friends too, she actually has a secret Twitter account to tweet about it during the show, without people knowing it's her.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

That wasn't Kim Kardashian. It was her mom, Kris Jenner.

Well celebrities are human and some are really into reality shows like the average person. Kirsten Dunst revealed in an interview that not only does she have weekly wine and cheese viewing Bachelor/ette parties with her friends too, she actually has a secret Twitter account to tweet about it during the show, without people knowing it's her.

I feel compelled to check Twitter for @peggyblomquist..........

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 1

I kind of loved and laughed that Chris Soules had to sit there and watch Jade be so happy with Tanner, announce their wedding and house buying.

Just watched that part and it was pretty funny;  Chris should be allowed to sit in the front row of the wedding as if he wasn't such an idiot and not into "wild mustangs", Jade/Tanner would have never, ever happened. 

Even better would have been to have a camera on Kaitlyn and get her reaction to Jade getting the big ABC wedding before her.

• Love 3

I know a lot of filthy slang but "unicorn" has no traction out in the real world. We shouldn't take that hack Diablo Cody seriously.

Much thanks.  I tip my hat to you.  :-)

BTW, I saw that cut scene online in which JoJo explained the unicorn thing to Ben, and I didn't understand a thing she said.  lol  Something about who she really is.

Edited by Fake Britt

And Kaitlyn. Yuck. Haven't you used up the fuchsia lipstick sample yet? Sober January, indeed.

Ah, the ever be-fuchsiad Kaitlyn.  That droopy butt was a pantsload in her diapers.  I used to be such a fan when she was a semi virgin looking up at Prince Farming with tears in her eyes.  She turned out to be so obnoxious that I had to follow the action here.  She was unwatchable. 

It looks like the consensus is that there's a big breakup on the horizon.  I can't quite see it yet, but you posters really know how to call 'em.

Of course there will be the obligatory interview with Chris Harrison.  I just hope that he brings the Kleenex this time.

Edited by Fake Britt

I kind of loved and laughed that Chris Soules had to sit there and watch Jade be so happy with Tanner, announce their wedding and house buying.

Also, I was wondering if he was watching tonight's episode and saw Becca being so animated & holding hands with Ben, saying to Ben, "I really wanted to meet you!", etc. Ha!

Yes, that was funny CH didn't ask Chris about Jade, but I guess he thought Becca was enough. Chris Soules just seems like such a drip. I hope Whitney Bichoff will come on and announce an engagement, too, before this season is over.

Ben gave her a rose.

Edited by Lamb18

Even better would have been to have a camera on Kaitlyn and get her reaction to Jade getting the big ABC wedding before her.

I am SOOOOOOO in love with this concept, I'd offer it a rose.  And even though I don't actually give Jade & Tanner more than 2 years of marital "bliss", it will be enjoyable to see how their wedding comes off.  

I don't expect them to get anything on the scale of Ashley & JP or Sean & Catherine though.  I doubt ABC will fork out for a 2-hour extravaganza, but more likely a cute 1-hour special.  I don't think BIP2 generated the revenue that the main show does. but it deserves some attention. 

• Love 2

Chris Soules is just as awkward on camera as he was last season.  Every question put to him was answered with a lot of pauses and sentence fragments.  Plus, during that 1 hour show, he was confronted with Ashley S. being engaged, Jade being engaged, and Becca turning up on this season's show.  That doesn't even include Kaitlin.  It looks like everyone from his season is getting some except for him!

• Love 1

Kris K needs a tune up on her face and Bachelor Live needs a new make up artist.   Both were a disaster. 

Ah, Chris, the poor thing.  He does know his state locations, though.

Turns out that Jade was really the Mild Mustang. She probably would have settled down into Chris's part time rural life, but his loss was Tanners gain. Sorry Soules, your fame whore clock is ticking down, and your ass is still single.

• Love 2

Chris Soules is just as awkward on camera as he was last season.  Every question put to him was answered with a lot of pauses and sentence fragments.  Plus, during that 1 hour show, he was confronted with Ashley S. being engaged, Jade being engaged, and Becca turning up on this season's show.  That doesn't even include Kaitlin.  It looks like everyone from his season is getting some except for him!

Chris can cry into his money.  He's made plenty of cash with this show, Dancing With the Stars, DWTS personal appearances and The Worst Cooks in America.  In addition to having loads of his own money.  He's not dumb, he's just not a smooth talker that spews out slick lines every 10 seconds.  

I think he could bag a more attractive and accomplished woman than unemployed Kaitlyn, unemployed Becca and unemployed Jade.  Funny how the only one he actually picked in the end had a legit job.  No it didn't last, but he picked the best of the bunch.  We can see how the rest have turned out. 

Seriously, he's probably quite happy.  I still like him and think he's smarter than most of the leads we've gotten. 

And he can ride that famewhore mule to the end an still be a rich man.  What other Bachelor can claim that?

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7

I don't expect them to get anything on the scale of Ashley & JP or Sean & Catherine though.  I doubt ABC will fork out for a 2-hour extravaganza, but more likely a cute 1-hour special.  I don't think BIP2 generated the revenue that the main show does. but it deserves some attention. 

Seems the wedding will be live on Sunday night, February 14th:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bachelor-in-paradise-jade-roper-tanner-tolbert-wedding-date-revealed-w161501

Doesn't say how long the special will be but since Us weekly compared it to Sean & Catherine's wedding, maybe it will be 2 hours.

Can't wait to see who out of the reject pile jockeys for lots of camera time!

• Love 1

Haha, what a slap in the face of Kaitlyn and Shawn, bringing them in last week just to ask them about their non-existent wedding plans and then announcing Jade and Tanner's TV wedding this week. I see what you did there, show. ;)

• Love 6

Makes you wonder how many psycho super-fans are trolling the Crate & Barrel wedding register website right now for info!  *LOL*

I'll bet they'll have a big turnout of past contestants, since they have 2 regular seasons and a BIP season to cull from.  And you know most of them are going to want to be invited for the exposure!  

• Love 1

Haha, what a slap in the face of Kaitlyn and Shawn, bringing them in last week just to ask them about their non-existent wedding plans and then announcing Jade and Tanner's TV wedding this week. I see what you did there, show. ;)

They will never, ever forgive her for that snapchat.  NEVER.

Makes me wonder if she'll bother showing up as she has to be pissed.

• Love 4

Seems the wedding will be live on Sunday night, February 14th:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bachelor-in-paradise-jade-roper-tanner-tolbert-wedding-date-revealed-w161501

Doesn't say how long the special will be but since Us weekly compared it to Sean & Catherine's wedding, maybe it will be 2 hours.

Can't wait to see who out of the reject pile jockeys for lots of camera time!

Well, I was coming up with all kinds of speculation that maybe she's pregnant and that's why they are pushing it up rather than waiting until BIP3 premiere, but a few weeks is still too early to package in the taping of TMTA or ATFR. But they're getting an actual prime time special devoted to their wedding?! Wow!

So now all I have left to speculate about is Ben awkwardly saying "I decided not to answer that" when he was asked whether he's in love. And Harrison practically jumping out of his seat when Ben started talking but then muttered okay when Ben said that. To me it seemed like Harrison was worried he was going to say no, and Ben gave the only answer he could without saying no. Or is this a newish (last handful of seasons) thing where they want you to think it could end in heartbreak? Because before that the lead always used to gush about how happy and in love s/he is.

• Love 1

Or is this a newish (last handful of seasons) thing where they want you to think it could end in heartbreak? Because before that the lead always used to gush about how happy and in love s/he is.

We've never seen the current bachelor live before seeing TWTA specials.  This actually IS new, as none of the other Bachelor or Bachelorette seasons have had a live after-show running immediately after the current episode airs.  

They only really gushed after the tell alls and final rose specials.  

Edited by leighdear

Lately they haven't even gushed on the Tell All shows. Years ago, they used to tell us they were engaged! It's all such top secret now. I think Ben is instructed exactly how to answer that question, to create the most mystery!

• Love 2

We've never seen the current bachelor live before seeing TWTA specials. This actually IS new, as none of the other Bachelor or Bachelorette seasons have had a live after-show running immediately after the current episode airs.

They only really gushed after the tell alls and final rose specials.

I agree that this concept is unique, but I mean even in the press, interviews, magazines, didn't they always say they're in love? Or maybe you're right that they never said anything until TMTA and after that all the interviews were just tune in to see whom i'm happily engaged to!

• Love 1

So now all I have left to speculate about is Ben awkwardly saying "I decided not to answer that" when he was asked whether he's in love. And Harrison practically jumping out of his seat when Ben started talking but then muttered okay when Ben said that. To me it seemed like Harrison was worried he was going to say no, and Ben gave the only answer he could without saying no. Or is this a newish (last handful of seasons) thing where they want you to think it could end in heartbreak? Because before that the lead always used to gush about how happy and in love s/he is.

Yes I noticed that too. I was curious what the meaning was behind that too but it makes sense that the show would mess with the viewers and make us think he didn't end up with anyone or that there was trouble in paradise already. They have to do something to get people more interested and talking since Reality Steve has took away a lot of the suspense for many.

Edited by yorklee2

Yes, at one point the show used to have the lead talk about being happy and engaged. However in later years, especially after having huge water cooler seasons like Brad not choosing anyone or Jason choosing one person and picking another, etc. they now leave whether they lead is currently with someone or not, a mystery. So I wouldn't read into Ben's dodging that question.

• Love 2

Chris Soules is the least articulate bachelor in a long time. Also one of the most predictable. When someone asked him how it affected his decision knowing how the women were having conflicts in the house, he said exactly what I knew he'd say--basically "I didn't care. My relationship with them was all about how I was feeling about them and how they were to me."

I like Ben much more than Chris. Not only does he seem brighter and kinder, but I think he's already said that it -is- important to him how his gf gets along with others. Being disliked in the Bachelor house may not mean that you're a bad person, but I think the way the interaction plays out -does- say something about one's character. I'm not surprised that Chris didn't care and Ben would. It's also why I think Chris would have broken up pretty quickly with any choice he made, Becca, Britt, Jade, Whitney, any of them.  I think what he has now--being a former reality tv "star", wealthy "Farmer Chris", who's often in big cities where he's a sought after single guy--is probably about as much as we'll ever hear from him.    

• Love 1

Chris Soules is the least articulate bachelor in a long time. Also one of the most predictable. When someone asked him how it affected his decision knowing how the women were having conflicts in the house, he said exactly what I knew he'd say--basically "I didn't care. My relationship with them was all about how I was feeling about them and how they were to me."

I like Ben much more than Chris. Not only does he seem brighter and kinder, but I think he's already said that it -is- important to him how his gf gets along with others. Being disliked in the Bachelor house may not mean that you're a bad person, but I think the way the interaction plays out -does- say something about one's character. I'm not surprised that Chris didn't care and Ben would. It's also why I think Chris would have broken up pretty quickly with any choice he made, Becca, Britt, Jade, Whitney, any of them.  I think what he has now--being a former reality tv "star", wealthy "Farmer Chris", who's often in big cities where he's a sought after single guy--is probably about as much as we'll ever hear from him.    

I have a different take on this, I guess.  Chris was very much not in agreement with Olivia's behavior and stated that he thinks Ben would also want someone with integrity and it would matter to him if someone wasn't treating others appropriately.  I thought that in general he expressed that it does matter how they act with other people.  When asked about himself he just reiterated something that Ben already said (when deciding on giving another rose to Olivia he had said he tries to go with his heart at the moment versus thinking of other factors), and said that in his season he felt he had to go with what was happening in the moment, and it would be hard to factor in a lot of other things.

Plus in his season, part of the reason he did dump Britt was because of how she acted around the others, especially at one of those later group dates.

I think Ben is better as well, but I disagree that they are much different in this aspect.... I think they both want women that are kind to other people, and it does matter to them.  

• Love 5

Plus in his season, part of the reason he did dump Britt was because of how she acted around the others, especially at one of those later group dates.

Plus, Chris mentioned several times in his season that with his mother and 3 sisters to weigh in, the way the woman he chose interacted with others was incredibly important.  They probably would have made his life miserable had he chosen anybody but Whitney. 

Ben is an only child, so he won't be getting any wisdom from a sibling peer or counterpart, just his parents presumably.  So going with his instincts on who is a kinder person throughout the show is going to be his only avenue.  

Though he did seem to jump on board when they were all making fun of Olivia and her open-mouth thing.  I wouldn't necessarily call that pile on very kind & compassionate.  

And that seemed a dead giveaway to me that she doesn't last long.

Edited by leighdear

Plus, Chris mentioned several times in his season that with his mother and 3 sisters to weigh in, the way the woman he chose interacted with others was incredibly important.  They probably would have made his life miserable had he chosen anybody but Whitney. 

Ben is an only child, so he won't be getting any wisdom from a sibling peer or counterpart, just his parents presumably.  So going with his instincts on who is a kinder person throughout the show is going to be his only avenue.  

Didn't his sisters interview the women and choose Jade for the special one-on-one date? She seemed to really impress them.

As for Ben not getting input from his siblings, thinking of how that's gone at times in the past (Des...Catherine...), I don't think he's necessarily at a disadvantage there. Plus, if past episodes are any indication, his friends will likely be weighing in at some point (as well, of course, as his parents whom he seems extremely close to). I hope Olivia lasts long enough for the hometown date just to see how she behaves with his family and friends in a pressured situation. (My guess would be "flirty" but I could be completely wrong.)

I hate having to defend Chris, but my favourite part of his season was when he finally found his tongue and basically told Britt she isn't wife material, because she can't handle herself like a lady around others. Britt and TPTB kept blaming Carly for Britt getting dumped just to create some drama, but Chris clarified both at the WTA and in his People blog that it wasn't Carly's words that made him send Britt home, it was her own behaviour and outburst when he gave Kaitlyn the group date rose. He definitely wanted someone who gets along with people and I think his final two women really fit the bill. He also said something along those lines on Monday.

• Love 3

I found it really ironic how concerned everyone was about Ben when some unknown, never before seen woman left him at the rose ceremony when they never concern themselves with how the women felt being rejected at these ceremonies.

• Love 3

I found it really ironic how concerned everyone was about Ben when some unknown, never before seen woman left him at the rose ceremony when they never concern themselves with how the women felt being rejected at these ceremonies.

Because they have to keep letting him beat his "I'm probably unlovable" drum to ramp up the empathy level to maximum.  The ladies in the first part of the season haven't accumulated enough social media minions, so they're viewed as inconsequential.  

• Love 1

I hope they back off with all the pressure on Lace to commit to being on BiP.  I would think that situation would undo whatever progress she is making on her self confidence...some VERY confident people have walked out of there feeling like unwanted piles of garbage. and I'm not sure I want to see Lace completely unglued.  I appreciate her self-awareness and that maybe these dating shows just aren't the best place for her.  Let the poor woman be!

I always enjoy Molly and Jason, which is not what I would have expected considering how awful I thought they were when Melissa was dumped on TV, with Molly waiting behind the curtain to come take her seat while it was still warm.  But in the end, everyone involved ended up in love and happy, and it did make for some GREAT television, so now I'm perfectly happy to see them as what seems to be a very happy and functional, truly normal couple come to out of all this.

I love Paget Brewster, and wouldn't mind her coming back a time or two. How funny that she actually visited the BiP resort and had a margarita and photo with the bartender!

Could really do without the super awkward Skype visitors.

• Love 6

Could really do without the super awkward Skype visitors.

Major second hand embarrassment for the cheering girls on skype. It reminds me of the people who like everything and respond on Instagram with, "ohhhhhh my god! I love you so much! I think you're the most amazing person in the world..." etc

• Love 2

Chris Harrison is an ass for buttoning both buttons on his suit coat.

But, IMO, he showed what a colossal dick he is by egging Lace on to commit to BIP.  She's maybe the one person to realize that this franchise would only leave her more fucked up than she already is.  And there's Chris Harrison, rolling a Keg into an AA meeting.

And the two "comedians" at the end?  This show really is just a Valtrex prescription above a high school AV club production.

• Love 11

I couldn't stand Jason and Molly in that season, but both of them seem to have blossomed in their marriage and Melissa's turned out well, too, so I finally enjoyed them tonight. (Was -very- sad to see them leave when those two really Unfunny guys replaced them. What was CH thinking, letting them go on and on so long? They were awful. I'd rather have seen more clips from the show--loved the dance lesson, I think Ben was getting it--or just keep talking with the others who were there).

Good for Lace. She got a redemption edit--thanks to herself--early on. First one to do it. I hope she realizes that BiP is not a good place to go unless you really, truly have great ego strength and just don't care about anything that happens or what people think. .

Edited by Padma
  • Love 3