Type keyword(s) to search

Bachelor Live

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

There always has to be one drunken mean girl.  She's really pretty, but what a personality!

And Becca & Amber???  Amber was on Bachelor in Paradise... I would have that she'd automatically be disqualified from appearing back on the mother-ship show.

• Love 1

Diablo? That's this woman's name? Who is she?

Oh, boy, Harrison repeatedly telling Ben to watch his poker face makes me realize I could NEVER be on a reality show without being sued for breach of contract. I'd go on one episode of Kimmel or GMA and start giggling and blushing and making attempted "serious" faces and rambling incoherently and sweating as soon as the host started rattling off names and hit on "the one." I nearly passed out trying to cover about Santa and Elf on the shelf when my 7-year-old started asking whether I moved her elf.

Sober January? Is this a thing? I mean, it would certainly do Kaitlyn some good to lay off the booze (guzzling whiskey and wine on her show).

96% of the voters think he should have taken the rose back from Lace. And the previews for next week do not make Lace look any better. She's definitely this year's villain...until she gets booted and another villain (or scapegoat) emerges.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 2
Diablo? That's this woman's name? Who is she?

She is a screenwriter who won an Oscar for Juno. Diablo Cody is a pen name. Her real name is Brooke Busey. 

But Juno was a while ago and I do have to wonder under what bus station bench they found Diablo Cody. But hey, at least she participated. The other "celebrity" (and hasn't that word totally lost its value) was useless, doing even less than she did in Jurassic World. 

But both were better than that idiot Jenny Mellon, aka Mrs Pie Fucker. 

• Love 4

Why has almost every woman made sure to tell Ben that she wants to talk to him more "inside"?  Did the PTB impress upon them that they had 30 seconds to say hello and then they could talk more when Ben went inside?

• Love 1

I have to be so uncool and say that, as cheesy as this show is, I can't believe how much it has improved over last season. No Jenny Mellon is one huge step in the right direction. And the two "superfans" were okay (plus, they're one-time guests). Ben did a good job (I hate the sides-of-his-hair shaved too. He looks so much better with a longer, more natural cut. So much better.)

But what really impressed me was Chris Harrison. He was not only much improved but showed he earns his pay--read the teleprompter with naturalness and just the right amount of enthusiasm, or humor, or disdain (re: bad bachelor moments of the past), and kept everything moving along with just the right amount of energy. It was like he watched Andy Cohen on "WWHL" for a week, then figured out how to host that kind of show with a much more classy hosting style. I thought last season was just unwatchable, but--with the phone questions, and videos, and Fantasy team picks, and having Ben there himself--I don't know, but I was impressed that  they seem to have worked out the problems.  (And I thought CH was pretty cute in his bit with Huey. No wonder he won the vote. Too bad the other woman couldn't bring Sylvia, too. I didn't find it odd to have a pet bird, whether cockatiel or chicken. The relationship seemed so sweet.)

ETA: I thought the commercial that aired here for Jubilee, "to cure toe fungus" sounded too much like the war veteran's name (I hope it was Jubliah--I can't remember). Very unfortunate choice.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 3

Wow, the makeup department must really hate Kaitlyn! Purple lipstick + shiny light blue eye shadow + foundation that's two shades darker than her skin tone = yikes!

I noticed that too. The lipstick color wasn't working for her but I thought it looked more like she had overdid it with the spray tan. Just all jacked up.

• Love 1

Wow, the makeup department must really hate Kaitlyn! Purple lipstick + shiny light blue eye shadow + foundation that's two shades darker than her skin tone = yikes!

This is all I came in to say. Like WTH was going on with that makeup? She looked awful - aged and awful. And whose idea was it for her to wear those pants? From the front it didn't look bad but from the back, yikes. Her ass looked very low and very flat and kind of droopy.

Meanwhile, Shawn continues to look like a busted up Alf. It's amazing that some viewers thought he was so hot. Dude's face looked like someone punched and smashed it in. But kudos to them still being together. They've now outlasted Andi and Josh and Chris and Whitney. And I acknowledge with the latter, that wasn't really hard to do.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

Sober January? Is this a thing? I mean, it would certainly do Kaitlyn some good to lay off the booze (guzzling whiskey and wine on her show).

That struck me too.

That's a "thing" all right.  It's called a 'red flag' for a drinking problem.  

Kaitlyn's what..30 or 31?  no plans for wedding??  Well they made it long enough for the new season appearance anyway.

• Love 2

Kind of a pointless hour, but I didn't mind watching Chris Harrison for 40 minutes with the sound off.  Ben was fine, and I agree his hair is stupid.  Kaitlyn still looks like a clown and her sidekick Alf was his typical mouth-breathing self.  I give them until memorial Day.  

• Love 3

I didn't get the best vibe from Kaitlyn and Shawn last night.  I suspect they will be broken up before they are ever married.  She didn't seem genuine when she said that they rushed through the show and had all the time in the world to be together without rushing to get married.  It is a true statement, but something about her delivery made me think that they are not happy. 

I like the idea that the superfans are CH's only co-hosts.  Lets make it a nice rotating door, put in some cast members and dish about the Bachelor.  Done.  No need to make it more than it is. 

• Love 3

I hate hate hate Ben's haircut with the shaved sides.  It does NOT suit him. / shallow comment, LOL

Me either. Makes me wonder if the producers were trying to go for a more mature look since so many were saying he was to young to be the bachelor. I say don't fix what's not broken.

• Love 2

Unfortunately that "chat" with child star Abigail Breslin just illustrated why so many actors need somebody to write the words for them.  She said nothing of substance and looked like she was participating under duress.  Maybe she's desperate for any kind of screen time. I hate time wasters like that. 

• Love 3

Unfortunately that "chat" with child star Abigail Breslin just illustrated why so many actors need somebody to write the words for them.  She said nothing of substance and looked like she was participating under duress.  Maybe she's desperate for any kind of screen time. I hate time wasters like that. 

Agreed...she was brutal. You'd think she would have prepared a bit before hand, thinking of questions & comments, answers to likely-to-be-asked questions. Or at least have got the yapping dog out of the room before calling in...

• Love 3

Abigail Brezlin seemed surprisingly unprepared for her big moment and her big set up from Chris Harrison. Did she even watch the show? 

I'm sure "Live" was much improved by missing the entire segment with Kaitlyn and Shawn, the most unlikeable couple in B-history, but at least well-matched.

I felt a little bad for Jo-Jo after Diablo explained what "unicorn" means--I really doubt that's what she had in mind, but since she didn't clarify it herself, that's kind of all we've got..

Edited by Padma
  • Love 1

When they did the "This Week in Bachelor History" segment, I was hoping for Dr. Ali G. from Travis Stork's season and her legendary cry of "My eggs are rotting!"

Also, when CH joked about having zoned out and not knowing who Ben picks in the end, I was thinking "No, that was Prince Borghese's season."

• Love 2

But what really impressed me was Chris Harrison. He was not only much improved but showed he earns his pay--read the teleprompter with naturalness and just the right amount of enthusiasm, or humor, or disdain (re: bad bachelor moments of the past), and kept everything moving along with just the right amount of energy....

...And I thought CH was pretty cute in his bit with Huey. No wonder he won the vote....

I agree; I found CH to be fun and lively.  He did a good job.  Ben was pretty good, but it seemed like everyone else was a drag.  To his credit, CH was able to elicit participation from everyone with a light touch - the program could have been a disaster otherwise.  Ms. Cody had some snark value, but some of the things she said were downright unamusing.  Her explanation of a unicorn was just plain stupid.  According to legend, unicorns are protectors of virgins.  (Hmm, maybe Ben has a whole bevy of virgins yet to be revealed.)  Kaitlyn and her "fiance" were dull, and frankly, I'm surprised that TPTB are allowing K to even show her face, especially when they continue to seem cool towards Des and Chris.

Chris and Huey were cute indeed!  ("You get me!" lol)  When Chris lets loose and shows his personality he's pretty appealing.  It looks like he'll be participating more in this season, which I've always enjoyed.  The Bachelor is not the same without him.

I also agree on the chickens.  They're cool.  Maybe the woman sells eggs.  PWD - Pets With Dividends.  lol  It's nice when someone can have a bond with even an unconventual pet.   

• Love 3

Chris is an excellent host.  I started watching "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" just for him.  But last season with that nasty disaster Jenny, he was forced to balance hosting with keeping her reigned in as much as possible.  It came off lame, insincere and ridiculous.  At least the idiots in charge learned their lesson, unless they bring her back this summer for BIP3.  Then they will simply be idiots that learned nothing.  

• Love 2

Having Ben there is a good idea if he can keep ultimate outcomes a secret (questionable). Chris is obviously a strength, so I'm glad he is involved. Other than that, the guests were poor. I would have rather seen a segment with a couple of the first night booted women so that they could describe the experience (and keep it about this show...not their future or anything that no one watching this show actually cares about).

Not interesting:

Kaitlyn/Sean talking nonsense and looking weird

Random "celebrities" with no insider knowledge of this show

Whitney talking about charity and dodging guy questions (who cares?)

Someone Skyping in with her yappy dog

• Love 5

I agree; I found CH to be fun and lively.  He did a good job.  Ben was pretty good, but it seemed like everyone else was a drag.  To his credit, CH was able to elicit participation from everyone with a light touch - the program could have been a disaster otherwise.  Ms. Cody had some snark value, but some of the things she said were downright unamusing.  Her explanation of a unicorn was just plain stupid.  According to legend, unicorns are protectors of virgins.  (Hmm, maybe Ben has a whole bevy of virgins yet to be revealed.)  Kaitlyn and her "fiance" were dull, and frankly, I'm surprised that TPTB are allowing K to even show her face, especially when they continue to seem cool towards Des and Chris.

Chris and Huey were cute indeed!  ("You get me!" lol)  When Chris lets loose and shows his personality he's pretty appealing.  It looks like he'll be participating more in this season, which I've always enjoyed.  The Bachelor is not the same without him.

I also agree on the chickens.  They're cool.  Maybe the woman sells eggs.  PWD - Pets With Dividends.  lol  It's nice when someone can have a bond with even an unconventual pet.   

Regarding "Unicorn" - check out UrbanDictionary dot com    At your own risk, of course.

Edited by DEL901

That struck me too.

That's a "thing" all right.  It's called a 'red flag' for a drinking problem.  

Kaitlyn's what..30 or 31?  no plans for wedding??  Well they made it long enough for the new season appearance anyway.

Not at all.  It is being talked about everywhere.  Many are doing it to get a jump on weight loss for one thing.  It doesn't mean you have a drinking problem if you decide to do this.  

I am not going to do it and that doesn't mean I am an alcoholic because I cannot make it a month!  It can go both ways.  LOL!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Not at all.  It is being talked about everywhere.  Many are doing it to get a jump on weight loss for one thing.  It doesn't mean you have a drinking problem if you decide to do this.  

I am not going to do it and that doesn't mean I am an alcoholic because I cannot make it a month!  It can go both ways.  LOL!  

It can go both ways, I agree.

When I drank 'on occasion' I wouldn't think much of doing a 'Sober month' thing.  When I went out alot, and drank 4-5 times a week or more, then it might  be something worth doing.  Maybe even a challenge.    Kaitlyn likes her cocktails.  And she's in her 30's now. I'm not saying she's an alcoholic at all,  but she does seem to be pointing in a bad direction.

By the way,  did they mention if they had jobs?  (other than bachelor appearances?)  

They stole the whole idea for this show from Talking Dead.  I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just not original.
There have been after shows since before Talking Dead.  Watch What Happens Live has been around since 2009.  After the Runway's been on since 2011.

The Real World/Road Rules challenges were doing after shows back in like 2004, so this is definitely not a new format. 

Thank God they got rid of Mrs. Jason Biggs and her uncomfortable "humor." 

When I drank 'on occasion' I wouldn't think much of doing a 'Sober month' thing.  When I went out alot, and drank 4-5 times a week or more, then it might  be something worth doing.  Maybe even a challenge.    Kaitlyn likes her cocktails.  And she's in her 30's now. I'm not saying she's an alcoholic at all,  but she does seem to be pointing in a bad direction.

Yeah, in Kaitlyn's case, I'd say a month of no drinking is probably a significant effort given the omnipresent wineglass in her hand all through her season. 

I found it a little weird that she brought it up at all, it seemed like she was deliberately making a point. The question was something like "did you have fun at...[whatever function]" and her response was about not being able to have a beer because of "sober January." 

I didn't get the best vibe from Kaitlyn and Shawn last night.  I suspect they will be broken up before they are ever married.  She didn't seem genuine when she said that they rushed through the show and had all the time in the world to be together without rushing to get married.  It is a true statement, but something about her delivery made me think that they are not happy.

I agree about her delivery, it had that rushed tone you use when you know you're going to be asked about something you really don't want to get into or don't want to tell the truth about. Like if you just got fired and someone asks you how work is going before you're really ready to discuss what's happened but you can't avoid the conversation so you just kind of blurt out a response that implies that everything's fine. 

They'll probably wait until the Bachelor is in full swing and people are focused on the new folks before they split up.

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 2

ETA: I thought the commercial that aired here for Jubilee, "to cure toe fungus" sounded too much like the war veteran's name (I hope it was Jubliah--I can't remember). Very unfortunate choice.

Jubilee is the name of the war veteran.

Chris is an excellent host.  I started watching "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" just for him.  But last season with that nasty disaster Jenny, he was forced to balance hosting with keeping her reigned in as much as possible.  It came off lame, insincere and ridiculous.  At least the idiots in charge learned their lesson, unless they bring her back this summer for BIP3.  Then they will simply be idiots that learned nothing.  

Who is Jenny?

Who is Jenny?

Jenny was the co-host when the show ran after Bachelor in Paradise.  She was the wife of some guy from the American Pie movies.

• Love 1

Then that is super-unfortunate. It was a very long commercial, repeating "Jubilee,curing toe fungus" with many images of infected feet. If it wasn't nationally shown, maybe whoever booked it didn't know. But I'd never heard of the product before, So Cal is a big media market and I just cringed through the whole thing, hoping she wasn't watching.

• Love 1

Then that is super-unfortunate. It was a very long commercial, repeating "Jubilee,curing toe fungus" with many images of infected feet. If it wasn't nationally shown, maybe whoever booked it didn't know. But I'd never heard of the product before, So Cal is a big media market and I just cringed through the whole thing, hoping she wasn't watching.

The toe fungus medication is called Jublia. 

• Love 1

The toe fungus medication is called Jublia. 

Oh, that's good to know. It's still too close if it were my name (esp. night 1), but at least they're not the same. 

The way Kaitlyn acts, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she has a drinking problem. I don't see these two walking down the aisle, so hopefully we've seen the last of them (though it wouldn't surprise me if one or both turned up on B-I-P. They seem to have lots of free time.)

K & S would have to break up before July for either to show up on BIP3.  And I think both would be considered too "freshly" heartbroken to find "love" again so quickly. And I don't think they could stock enough booze down there to support a Kaitlyn-sized habit, but hey, you never know!   

• Love 2

Something definitely seems off with Kaitlyn and Shawn.  I was also reminded how much I do not like Kaitlyn. I stopped liking her from her tupperware/whale joke or whatever that was.  Still don't like her.  "Like omigod if I was pregnant would I be wearing a crop top??"  Bye.

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 4

That segment with Kaitlyn and Shawn just brought back, in the blink of an eye, how much I loathe her.  The duck lips, the "us against the intertoobz" martyr complex, etc.  

Okay, so you're not pregnant because you're wearing a crop top.  Then, what's the excuse for how fat your ass has gotten (and the ass I'm talking about is not Shawn).

I'm guessing that these two are still contractually incentivized to stay together until the drama gets rolling this season.  If they're still together a month after this season's ATFR, I'll be surprised.

Edited by Alapaki
  • Love 8

I used to say I disliked Andi "but at least she was good at drawing out the men, successfully attracted them as a b-ette", etc.

With Kaitlyn, I start out with "I disliked her, but at least...."  and then I've got nothing. There is absolutely nothing I liked about her--not her tacky sense of humor, not the way she interacted with the men, not even her taste, as I find Shawn as repulsive as she is.  I expect to read that one or the other of them is dating someone else long before this season is over.

• Love 7

Regarding "Unicorn" - check out UrbanDictionary dot com    At your own risk, of course.

Thanks for the link.  As it turns out, Ms. Cody gave the UrbanDictionary definition.  I feel really aggrivated that yet another G - rated word has been co-opted and mutilated into an X - rated word.

Somehow I doubt that the girl on TB used and repeated the word "unicorn" with anything other than a G - rated definition in mind.  Is she a virgin?  Only time will tell. 

• Love 2

Somehow I doubt that the girl on TB used and repeated the word "unicorn" with anything other than a G - rated definition in mind.  Is she a virgin?  Only time will tell.

I know a lot of filthy slang but "unicorn" has no traction out in the real world. We shouldn't take that hack Diablo Cody seriously.

• Love 1

I was struck that fishnet stockings don't always make one's legs look more slender (that's for the unicorn comment, Diablo Cody. Although I did love Juno.).

And Kaitlyn. Yuck. Haven't you used up the fuchsia lipstick sample yet? Sober January, indeed.

• Love 2

Consider the source. Diablo Cody is the hipster doofus who used the phrase "Crotch scented hall of mirrors" to describe a strip club she was working at ( and barely breaking into the black,apparently). She's so desperate to seem cool, bless her heart.

• Love 3

Nice replay of Olivia's open-mouth.  I'm thinking that after this, the next News organization she interviews with will think twice about putting her back on camera.  She is not coming off as a professional.  

• Love 6

They need a Bachelor that hasn't basically lived at a gym for the last 5 years. This way, they won't lose their tits over seeing a shirtless Bachelor doing anything ("behold Bachelor Ben beheading boars bare-breasted" "*crowd explodes*)

This was a really dull episode and I found my mind wandering. Chris Jenner is actually a good fit for this kind of show, but having Ben on just brings it to a halt. At this point in the show, Ben can't say or reveal anything so asking him questions is going to get nothing but really bland answers. I guess they could ask him about girls he has already let go. It was interesting that he said he couldn't reveal if he was in love or not.

I don't believe Jade and Tanner would rate an actual TV special it's more likely it will be a small spot on an upcoming episode where Ben and his date attend the wedding. 

• Love 2