Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

Trevor Noah: The Man Himself

Holy crap!!  And she's the guest this Thursday - Trevor better take a break from geeking out about Black Panther for a few seconds so they can talk about that.  I love Nyong'o, and I think she'd be awesome in that role.

• Like 2

I'm SUPER excited about this movie!!!!!!

Here are some more exclamation points, just because !!!!!!!!!! HOORAY !!!!!!!!!!!! I really think this is spectacular news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Cyranetta said:

Trevor must be over the moon at this casting for the movie of his book: http://deadline.com/2018/02/lupita-nyongo-born-a-crime-trevor-noah-book-1202298166/

This is wonderful! I must admit I've yet to get his book (it's on my list) and so maybe it's addressed in it, but I'm sad that his parents aren't together. I thought maybe after Apartheid ended, they would be free to be so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This is wonderful! I must admit I've yet to get his book (it's on my list) and so maybe it's addressed in it, but I'm sad that his parents aren't together. I thought maybe after Apartheid ended, they would be free to be so.

It is addressed - it isn't like that.

• Like 3

On 2/19/2018 at 8:48 PM, juliet73 said:

That's NOT Trevor?

16 hours ago, angora said:

Holy crap!!  And she's the guest this Thursday - Trevor better take a break from geeking out about Black Panther for a few seconds so they can talk about that. 

I hope he calls her Mom. :D

She's so great and deserves to be a lead in a movie. I think I need to read his book.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I think I need to read his book.

First let me say that I loathe audio books. BUT, if there is an audio version of Trevor's book? I'm SOOOO getting it, because I love his voice and I think I would enjoy the book more hearing the punches and inflections.

• Like 2

I read the book and it was very enlightening.  I think I will look for the audiobook just to hear Trevor read it.  His upbringing wasn't easy.

• Like 2

I loved Trevor's book and look forward to the movie. He's cute as a button, too, but that new mustache has go. It makes him look like Cantinflas! Yikes.

Edited by Ms Lark · Reason: to add link.
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2018 at 11:47 PM, peeayebee said:

What mustache?

Thursday he had a goofy little Cantinflas mustache.

Trevor looked hawt at the Met Gala on Sunday night. I've seen him on a few 'Best Dressed' lists. (ICYMI, this year's theme was '‘Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination’.)

TELEMMGLPICT000162595753_trans_NvBQzQNjv

• Like 9

Trevor Noah facing boycotts and protests following comments about Aboriginal women

I have posted about this in the Media thread.

Did anyone check out the most recent netflix special? Between the bit with Obama and then the tacos I was absolutely dying. 

Honestly, I don't think I've heard anyone do better accents than him. 

• Like 9

On 12/8/2018 at 7:52 PM, ganesh said:

Did anyone check out the most recent netflix special? Between the bit with Obama and then the tacos I was absolutely dying. 

Honestly, I don't think I've heard anyone do better accents than him. 

I did! He had me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂 within two minutes. And I never stopped. Though I was hoping for a Russian accent. Trevor taunting with  "snaaaaaaake!" was the best for me.😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Trevor taunting with  "snaaaaaaake!" was the best for me.😂😂😂😂

When the guy in the house just looked at him. 

• Like 1

Really enjoyable shows this week. Trevor has seemed to be in a happy mood and his accents and facial expressions have been tip top. I loved all the correspondents having a segment in the yearly review.

So ... Trevor has to cancel one episode and rearrange the entire schedule of a popular TV show just so one snotty surgeon can do a short surgical procedure* on the day he has available? Doctors, I swear.

Here's hoping Trevor sails through with no complications. Be well!

* I'm assuming vocal polyp/nodule laser removal.

• Like 2

From that sentence, I had to look up: FIFA, Toronto FC, and ChuBoi. Then EA and Twitch Streamer from trying to figure out exactly what it is ChuBoi does. Browsing his You Tube channel made it slightly worse.

But Trevor looks pleased and we know how much he loves soccer. Still unclear why Toronto would be one of his favored teams.

46 minutes ago, 2727 said:

But Trevor looks pleased and we know how much he loves soccer. Still unclear why Toronto would be one of his favored teams.

I'm going to take a stab at this and say that Toronto was where South African soccer legend Jomo Sono played a few successful years with the old North American Soccer League Toronto Blizzard.

• Like 3

On 12/10/2018 at 8:49 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Trevor taunting with  "snaaaaaaake!" was the best for me.😂😂😂😂

I just watched the special, and even though I knew early on that was going to be the final punchline, I still laughed when he got to it because everything with the snakes and then that French father reluctantly rescuing his son had been so hilarious I was eager for the payoff, no matter how predictable. 

I also liked his stuff on the differences between speaking English and speaking American (I thought the napkin bit went on too long, but I loved the way he said he pronounces water as he does - watter vs. wadder - "because it has a T in it"), having conversations solely with your eyes (especially with the owner of the house in the authentic Balinese experience), and wanting the Earth to open up and swallow him when he misunderstood "aides" and asked Obama, "You have AIDS?"

• Laugh 1

9 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I just watched the special, and even though I knew early on that was going to be the final punchline, I still laughed when he got to it because everything with the snakes and then that French father reluctantly rescuing his son had been so hilarious I was eager for the payoff, no matter how predictable. 

I also liked his stuff on the differences between speaking English and speaking American (I thought the napkin bit went on too long, but I loved the way he said he pronounces water as he does - watter vs. wadder - "because it has a T in it"), having conversations solely with your eyes (especially with the owner of the house in the authentic Balinese experience), and wanting the Earth to open up and swallow him when he misunderstood "aides" and asked Obama, "You have AIDS?"

Did you see his other special, Afraid of the Dark? His Indian accent had me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 As well as his Russian accent. Is there any accent he can't do?

The bit with the British soldier telling the Indian to "bow down to God" and Trevor's "which God?" was the funniest.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did you see his other special, Afraid of the Dark?

Yes, I saw that one, Lost in Translation, African American, and the documentary You Laugh But It’s True (centered around his preparation for his first special, The Daywalker, and exploring the evolution of South African stand-up overall).  I haven't seen It's My Culture or his earlier specials (other than seeing bits of The Daywalker in the documentary).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Is there any accent he can't do?

He even does a spot on Obama.

The Japanese guy asking about the chickens is the best. 

• Like 2

Next February, Trevor is going to be playing doubles tennis with Rafa Nadal as his partner against Roger Federer and Bill Gates. Rafa and Roger are playing an exhibition in Capetown, S Africa for Roger's foundation and the doubles match is the warmup. I wonder how good Trevor is or how much he plays. Bill Gates is a tennis fanatic. Sure hope it's going to be on tv somewhere

• Like 4

I picture the two pros running the court while Trevor and Bill huff and puff and check their phones.

But I would still like to see it.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

On 4/11/2019 at 12:40 PM, ganesh said:

He even does a spot on Obama.

The Japanese guy asking about the chickens is the best. 

I love his impressions of African dictators. I don't know how the regional accents actually sound, but I like that he uses different voices for different countries and areas of the continent. 

• Like 2

He is so wonderful and talented, I bet he could make it in movies as an actor. And man is he handsome! I adore him now. 

• Like 3

It's awesome to look back on how much Trevor has expanded the show to encompass so many unheard voices -- the stories, guests, correspondents, and BTS staff.

I appreciate him very much.

• Like 1

You might have heard this story already, I recently heard it in an interview. The first time Trevor did stand up, he was at a comedy club with his friends--in the audience. The show's emcee was looking for another act, and Trevor's friends encouraged him to go up since he was always making them laugh. All he did was stand in front of the crowd and tell stories about his life and other observations. He said he was hooked from that moment forward. 

• Like 3