Type keyword(s) to search

Trevor Noah: The Man Himself

• Start Topic

Holy crap!!  And she's the guest this Thursday - Trevor better take a break from geeking out about Black Panther for a few seconds so they can talk about that.  I love Nyong'o, and I think she'd be awesome in that role.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Cyranetta said:

Trevor must be over the moon at this casting for the movie of his book: http://deadline.com/2018/02/lupita-nyongo-born-a-crime-trevor-noah-book-1202298166/

This is wonderful! I must admit I've yet to get his book (it's on my list) and so maybe it's addressed in it, but I'm sad that his parents aren't together. I thought maybe after Apartheid ended, they would be free to be so.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This is wonderful! I must admit I've yet to get his book (it's on my list) and so maybe it's addressed in it, but I'm sad that his parents aren't together. I thought maybe after Apartheid ended, they would be free to be so.

It is addressed - it isn't like that.

• Love 3
On 2/19/2018 at 8:48 PM, juliet73 said:

That's NOT Trevor?

16 hours ago, angora said:

Holy crap!!  And she's the guest this Thursday - Trevor better take a break from geeking out about Black Panther for a few seconds so they can talk about that. 

I hope he calls her Mom. :D

She's so great and deserves to be a lead in a movie. I think I need to read his book.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I think I need to read his book.

First let me say that I loathe audio books. BUT, if there is an audio version of Trevor's book? I'm SOOOO getting it, because I love his voice and I think I would enjoy the book more hearing the punches and inflections.

• Love 3

Trevor looked hawt at the Met Gala on Sunday night. I've seen him on a few 'Best Dressed' lists. (ICYMI, this year's theme was '‘Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination’.)

TELEMMGLPICT000162595753_trans_NvBQzQNjv

• Love 10

Did anyone check out the most recent netflix special? Between the bit with Obama and then the tacos I was absolutely dying. 

Honestly, I don't think I've heard anyone do better accents than him. 

• Love 9
On 12/8/2018 at 7:52 PM, ganesh said:

Did anyone check out the most recent netflix special? Between the bit with Obama and then the tacos I was absolutely dying. 

Honestly, I don't think I've heard anyone do better accents than him. 

I did! He had me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂 within two minutes. And I never stopped. Though I was hoping for a Russian accent. Trevor taunting with  "snaaaaaaake!" was the best for me.😂😂😂😂

• Love 1

Really enjoyable shows this week. Trevor has seemed to be in a happy mood and his accents and facial expressions have been tip top. I loved all the correspondents having a segment in the yearly review.

So ... Trevor has to cancel one episode and rearrange the entire schedule of a popular TV show just so one snotty surgeon can do a short surgical procedure* on the day he has available? Doctors, I swear.

Here's hoping Trevor sails through with no complications. Be well!

* I'm assuming vocal polyp/nodule laser removal.

• Love 2

From that sentence, I had to look up: FIFA, Toronto FC, and ChuBoi. Then EA and Twitch Streamer from trying to figure out exactly what it is ChuBoi does. Browsing his You Tube channel made it slightly worse.

But Trevor looks pleased and we know how much he loves soccer. Still unclear why Toronto would be one of his favored teams.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, 2727 said:

But Trevor looks pleased and we know how much he loves soccer. Still unclear why Toronto would be one of his favored teams.

I'm going to take a stab at this and say that Toronto was where South African soccer legend Jomo Sono played a few successful years with the old North American Soccer League Toronto Blizzard.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 12/10/2018 at 8:49 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Trevor taunting with  "snaaaaaaake!" was the best for me.😂😂😂😂

I just watched the special, and even though I knew early on that was going to be the final punchline, I still laughed when he got to it because everything with the snakes and then that French father reluctantly rescuing his son had been so hilarious I was eager for the payoff, no matter how predictable. 

I also liked his stuff on the differences between speaking English and speaking American (I thought the napkin bit went on too long, but I loved the way he said he pronounces water as he does - watter vs. wadder - "because it has a T in it"), having conversations solely with your eyes (especially with the owner of the house in the authentic Balinese experience), and wanting the Earth to open up and swallow him when he misunderstood "aides" and asked Obama, "You have AIDS?"

• LOL 1
9 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I just watched the special, and even though I knew early on that was going to be the final punchline, I still laughed when he got to it because everything with the snakes and then that French father reluctantly rescuing his son had been so hilarious I was eager for the payoff, no matter how predictable. 

I also liked his stuff on the differences between speaking English and speaking American (I thought the napkin bit went on too long, but I loved the way he said he pronounces water as he does - watter vs. wadder - "because it has a T in it"), having conversations solely with your eyes (especially with the owner of the house in the authentic Balinese experience), and wanting the Earth to open up and swallow him when he misunderstood "aides" and asked Obama, "You have AIDS?"

Did you see his other special, Afraid of the Dark? His Indian accent had me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 As well as his Russian accent. Is there any accent he can't do?

The bit with the British soldier telling the Indian to "bow down to God" and Trevor's "which God?" was the funniest.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did you see his other special, Afraid of the Dark?

Yes, I saw that one, Lost in Translation, African American, and the documentary You Laugh But It’s True (centered around his preparation for his first special, The Daywalker, and exploring the evolution of South African stand-up overall).  I haven't seen It's My Culture or his earlier specials (other than seeing bits of The Daywalker in the documentary).

• Love 1

Next February, Trevor is going to be playing doubles tennis with Rafa Nadal as his partner against Roger Federer and Bill Gates. Rafa and Roger are playing an exhibition in Capetown, S Africa for Roger's foundation and the doubles match is the warmup. I wonder how good Trevor is or how much he plays. Bill Gates is a tennis fanatic. Sure hope it's going to be on tv somewhere

• Love 4
On 4/11/2019 at 12:40 PM, ganesh said:

He even does a spot on Obama.

The Japanese guy asking about the chickens is the best. 

I love his impressions of African dictators. I don't know how the regional accents actually sound, but I like that he uses different voices for different countries and areas of the continent. 

• Love 3

It's awesome to look back on how much Trevor has expanded the show to encompass so many unheard voices -- the stories, guests, correspondents, and BTS staff.

I appreciate him very much.

• Love 2

You might have heard this story already, I recently heard it in an interview. The first time Trevor did stand up, he was at a comedy club with his friends--in the audience. The show's emcee was looking for another act, and Trevor's friends encouraged him to go up since he was always making them laugh. All he did was stand in front of the crowd and tell stories about his life and other observations. He said he was hooked from that moment forward. 

• Love 5

Here's some video of Trevor playing tennis with Rafa Nadal against Roger Federer and Bill Gates. Looks like they had a lot of fun. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA5ti_6rFro&feature=youtu.be

(edited)

That's great Trevor is paying them so they aren't left without income. But I was pretty mad reading that, the show is airing and they just extended it by 15mins. There's no reason Comedy Central/Viacom shouldn't be paying them since they're making $$ off the show. I was reading an article (sorry for the lack of link) from Variety about Ellen's crew being pissed off only high level production is getting paid and she hired random non-union workers to set up the home set and they went on to mention Jimmy Kimmel was paying his stage crew/production himself for about a week because that's how long it took for ABC to step in, once the home version started airing. It went on to mention John Oliver, Sam Bee, and Desus and Mero were the shows that had "total transparency" on how employees were being paid (I took that to mean the networks were.) Now I know why The Daily Show wasn't on the list, Comedy Central is screwing them. There's no excuse when the show is airing. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 9

Pretty good interview with Trevor on CBS Sunday Morning, talking about adapting to shooting during the pandemic and realizing that, some days, the news is such that there are no jokes about it. Side note: it now feels kind of bizarre to see someone interviewed NOT remotely (there are several wide shots that go, "No, it's okay, here's how far apart they're sitting!")

• Love 4

I'm listening to the audiobook of Born a Crime right now, and yesterday I saw the movie My Spy, a fun movie with David Bautista (from Guardians of the Galaxy) and child actor Chloe Coleman (one of the kids in Big Little Lies) running around doing spy stuff. Last night I had a dream that I was watching the movie of Born a Crime with Lupita Nyong'o, but in my dream she was a spy, and ran around the little Trevor doing spy stuff. 

• LOL 1

So the headline that Trevor is dating actress Minka Kelly(Friday Night Lights) popped up on my phone. Now if the source had been the usual celebrity fluff site like Entertainment Tonight, People.com or US Weekly I wouldn't have cared. This came from FOX News though and I just can't help think it was meant to get from it's audience the same reaction as this:

tenor.gif.261556445f28196384d58a5d4ed6f006.gif

Or am I being just a little paranoid?

Edited by VCRTracking
  • LOL 3