Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E09: It's Always The Quiet Ones

• Start Topic

Why couldn't it be sit on a block of ice for 5 minutes speed bump?

I really do not enjoy watching legs in India- and 2 weeks of it - blech

Mrs. Boiler and I were super disappoint when green team hit the u turn mat first- if only they were Philiminated that first week when Justin was crying in the cab - good times!!

• Love 9

This is the Justin Show.   I've never heard Phil wonder if anyone would beat another team to the U-Turn as the teams were racing to it before.   Why does this show think we are all in love with this guy?    He's obnoxious, loud mouthed, sanctimonious, and blames his partner when things go wrong while taking credit for everything that goes right.   Just UGH.

But the Texans got themselves what they earned all the way back in Paris.   There hasn't been a real bunch since then, and they never caught up from the sight seeing.  

• Love 24

Being nice & gentlemenly last week cost the Texans dearly this week. The U turn was the cherry on the cake of their demise. Too much to recover from. Too bad for them.

Justin & Diana continue to be insufferable. Somebody's going to have to pull off a great move in order to pass them. I'm wishing they get hopelessly lost someplace next week.

• Love 6

Never thought I'd feel bad for the Texans, but I do. They get stuck with the most time-consuming Speed Bump in a recycled Roadblock, they get U-Turned, and now they're out. Not like I'm shedding tears for the alpha males, but they may have been the best team to overtake Justin & Diana in the end.

I'm okay with the Green Team winning. I just don't like it that much. It's like watching Joe win immunity challenges over on Survivor.. . I wind up rooting against him because I want the story to progress without him. The only consolation about the Greens winning it all is that "superfans" can thrive in the game (when the producers aren't setting up themed seasons, of course).

Seriously, Phil, you couldn't eliminate Logan & Chris? They suck, and if they win, the season is going to be bottom-tier.

• Love 7

On the contrary, that is -exactly- how the U-turn should be used. They had the speed bump and were coming back form that! they would be hard to beat at the end. Pile it on until they are out! It's the only way to be safe.

I guess I am just different. I would never purposely kick someone while they were already down. If I couldnt U turn justin and Diana the team who is literally dominating the season then I wouldnt U turn anyone.

• Love 6

This season is boring. It is the Justin and Diana show. First place every week. I fully expect them to win the whole thing.

Way too much laundry tonight. You could see the Texas boys' elimination coming a mile away.

Catholics aren't Christians? Wow.

• Love 7

I guess I am just different. I would never purposely kick someone while they were already down. If I couldnt U turn justin and Diana the team who is literally dominating the season then I wouldnt U turn anyone.

For a chance at a million bucks? I would.

Gentle reminder: Romber dominated their original season . . . And didn't win.

• Love 15

The cheerleaders outrage at Texas being U-Turned irritated the hell out of me.  Kelsey and Joey used it exactly the correct way: on a strong team where there was probably not going to be a better chance to eliminate them. Besides, it's not like the cheerleaders had any grounds to be actually morally outraged about it; it is a part of the RACE, and besides, they were just mad because the team getting U-Turned was the cute boys they were friends with.  

And they U-Turned the Green Team then lied to their face about it when Justin asked them after the Paps stirred the pot.  I liked that Justin did ask them and just didn't take the Paps' word on it but unfortunately for him the Cheerleaders are good little liars.  And, alas, still in the Race.

I was worried for Green Team on this leg but as they piled on the editing it made me think they wouldn't be U-Turned.  Nonetheless, so very glad to see them arrive at the U-Turn first and, since they were not in danger, didn't use the U-Turn either.  Good for them.  I still doubt they will win given the edit of them being "unbeatable" so far.  Seems a set-up.  But I'm still rooting for them.  And even if they don't win hopefully if the Race survives a few more seasons they will be asked back on in the future.  Really liking them big time.

In other news, Catholics are apparently not Christians.  (This from reporters who deliver us the news).

And glad Texas is finally out of the Race.  At least they admited to being smug at the beginning about thinking they were going to walk away with the Race.  They haven't been as bad the last few legs but they lost their mojo along the way too.  That's what happens to you when you run into a buzzsaw that is a superfan team, haha.

Props to the mother/son for still being in it.  She is indeed older than any of the other racers and she still beat the cheerleader and the first Texan at that RB.  Good for her. 

Funny that the Paps were thought to be the liars instead of the Cheerleaders.  Maybe they just seem the distrustful type.  Might be their somewhat slezy occupation that adds to that feeling.  Wish they were gone but this was the golden time to take out Texas so I can live with that this leg at least.

The Ken & Barbie TV reporters team could well win.  The line about just needing to run one perfect leg once sounded like a set-up for the final leg.  I am not spoiled or anything at all.  Just the way the show featured that comment that way caught my attention.  And the fact that they keep coming up a little short so far.  Again just feels like a set-up edit.

I love India.  Been there a few times.  My favorite country to travel to.  I've never met such friendly and sweet and giving people on earth as I have there.  My kind of place.

Edited by green
  • Love 11

Sorry the Texans are gone.   Really think Justin deserves the win and the camera time.  He is running wild with the race.  I just don't know if I want to watch him win.  To tell the truth though, nobody in this group inspires me.  Also not too thrilled with the legs in India, but isn't the Taj Mahal the most gorgeous thing?

More boring tasks except that I don't think I've seen candy made that way before.  Ah, yes, and at last a bit of bunching.

• Love 3

Why couldn't it be sit on a block of ice for 5 minutes speed bump?

I really do not enjoy watching legs in India- and 2 weeks of it - blech

Mrs. Boiler and I were super disappoint when green team hit the u turn mat first- if only they were Philiminated that first week when Justin was crying in the cab - good times!!

OMG That's exactly what I was thinking.  I even felt sorry for them that first week when they couldn't do the Fast Forward.  I wish I knew then what I know now.  Ugh.  I cannot stand them!!

They are ruining the race for me this season.  There's just something about Justin that turns me off so much and makes me angry.  I hate that they are coasting along.

Now I'm resorted to rooting for the cheerleaders ...not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

• Love 8

Kelsey: "I'm a Christian snd Joey's a Catholic. I've never had a blessing like that before."

Huh? Silly me, I thought Catholics were Christians.

Some fundamentalist Christians don't think Catholics are Christian. 

• Love 8

On the contrary, that is -exactly- how the U-turn should be used. They had the speed bump and were coming back from that! they would be hard to beat at the end. Pile it on until they are out! It's the only way to be safe.

Which is why I'm tuning out of TAR. This is definitely the Jump The Shark episode.

Glad to see Tanner & Josh eliminated.  So the alpha-males who just thought they'd coast their way through the race like the entitled jerks they are finally get their comeuppance.  Yes, Justin & Diana are irritating, but at least they keep their word to other teams, the exact opposite of what Tanner & Josh would've done to them had the shoe been on the other foot.

I will say, though, that they kept it close all the way to the end.  I actually did think for a moment that Denise & James Earl's incompetent tuk-tuk driver would do them in instead after they went to the wrong place for the Pit Stop.  Glad that that didn't happen.

Justin & Diana might as well get the million dollars now.  No one seems able to touch them.  I have hope that Justin's bad edit means otherwise, but I don't know.  No one seems able to pass them.  And when someone does pass them, it's usually never for long.

Nonetheless, fantastic episode just because of the elimination!:)

I believe in the end Jess will rue the day she started hating #TeamLonghorn

• Love 1

And they U-Turned the Green Team then lied to their face about it when Justin asked them after the Paps stirred the pot.  I liked that Justin did ask them and just didn't take the Paps' word on it but unfortunately for him the Cheerleaders are good little liars.  And, alas, still in the Race.

That's right, they DID - now I actively dislike them, because... hypocrites.  

• Love 6

Exactly right in every way. I prefer the Race before things like the U-Turn were added, but if it's part of the game, then it's there to be used. And the way to use it is to eliminate strong competition that's currently behind you. The cheerleaders' outrage was ridiculous.

Problem is it's the strong competition in FRONT of them that's gonna kill them.

That's right, they DID - now I actively dislike them, because... hypocrites.  

you actually BELIEVE #RadonRedux?

In other news, Catholics are apparently not Christians.  (This from reporters who deliver us the news).

That is news, who else would you have deliver it?

I am kind of puzzled about the greeter. His regular job is to shave people in some garden with a view of Taj Mahal? And he is alone there doing this? That's not odd at all...

• Love 8

Never thought I'd feel bad for the Texans, but I do. They get stuck with the most time-consuming Speed Bump in a recycled Roadblock, they get U-Turned, and now they're out. Not like I'm shedding tears for the alpha males, but they may have been the best team to overtake Justin & Diana in the end.

I'm okay with the Green Team winning. I just don't like it that much. It's like watching Joe win immunity challenges over on Survivor.. . I wind up rooting against him because I want the story to progress without him. The only consolation about the Greens winning it all is that "superfans" can thrive in the game (when the producers aren't setting up themed seasons, of course).

Seriously, Phil, you couldn't eliminate Logan & Chris? They suck, and if they win, the season is going to be bottom-tier.

I'm already predicting this season will be worse than the Family Edition....until the #SocialMedia season airs in the winter

Raaaaaace.

I don't care how annoying Justin is, he and Diana deserve to win. They are dominating this race. Let the bashing commence.

Not sure what will be worse, #RadonRedux winning it all or the #SocialMedia season

• Love 1

After seasons of joke Speed Bumps, Texas gets a buzz saw of one. I felt sorry for them but they did not hustle at all.

Lemons is right - lots of Christians don't think Catholics are Christians.

This is a brutal race this year - all the non pit stops, then two long India legs.

I am so sick of the green team.  

The Paps should be called The Bickersons.  Oy!

As much as I dislike Team Texas, that "speed bump" was terribly unfair.  A far cry from "sit on an ice block for a few minutes"

I did go in and kiss my washing machine after watching that.

Good move by the reporters insuring a strong team gets knocked out and Alabama almost screwed it up.

The detours were very basic.

I'm not sure I could handle visiting India

• Love 11

Some fundamentalist Christians don't think Catholics are Christian.

I had the reverse happen twenty years ago when I lived in Spain. I would be asked if I was Christian and I answered "yes, but not Catholic." Quite a number of people asked me to explain how such a thing was possible.

Male reporter lost even more points (after Hagoo) when he announced that his mother enjoys doing his laundry. The same way I stopped accepting money from my folks after a certain point, one needs to stop having Mommy do one's laundry.

I disliked many actions and comments from the Texas team but they went out absolutely graciously. I was impressed.

• Love 11

you actually BELIEVE #RadonRedux?

The cheerleaders tried to U-Turn someone, and had no problem with it.  But when another team does it, and to the boys they like, suddenly it becomes a huge outrage to them.  And I seriously doubt that same outrage would have been on display had any other team been on the receiving end of the U-Turn.  #RadonRedux has nothing to do with my irritation in this case, even though I do find Justin quite irritating.

• Love 6

Regarding Kelsey's comment... I think it's a matter of "all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares". To me, all Catholics are Christians, but not all Christians are Catholics. There are many different denominations of Christianity - Catholic, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Methodist, Episcopalian, etc. She could be one of the other ones besides Catholic. But my feeling is that Kelsey is probably some kind of non-denominational Christian. She's Christian and believes in God but doesn't necessarily belong to a church.

But the Texans got themselves what they earned all the way back in Paris. There hasn't been a real bunch since then, and they never caught up from the sight seeing.

The sightseeing wasnt the ultimate cause. All of the teams seemed to land in India at around the same time. They were last because of the speed bump, which was a direct result of Josh letting the cheerleader check in before him. Poor decision last week not to work separately from her and finish in front of her.

They were the strongest competition for Justin, so at this point I think everything's coming up Justin. I think it's inevitable he wins.

Is this the last U Turn for the race? If there was a possibility there were more, then it was poor of Kelsey and Joey. They already did a road block and a detour so they knew the pit stop was next and that they were in no danger of going home. They should have saved it for Justin. They are always complaining that they are always behind them, and this is why. They had no idea that Justin had already been to the U turn (at least not from what was aired) but didn't even seem to consider using it on Justin.

Justin telling Phil to let him use his thumb (to count his sixth win) was just like the Intense Jim the Dentist. Ugh

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 2

OMG That's exactly what I was thinking.  I even felt sorry for them that first week when they couldn't do the Fast Forward.  I wish I knew then what I know now.  Ugh.  I cannot stand them!!

They are ruining the race for me this season.  There's just something about Justin that turns me off so much and makes me angry.  I hate that they are coasting along.

Now I'm resorted to rooting for the cheerleaders ...not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Ditto...except I might actually root for Joey and Kelsie (sp?)...althought none of the remaining teams inspire much enthusiasm.

I think Tanner and Josh have booked their Unfinished Business ticket. They basically got eliminated because Josh refused to pass Tiffany up last week. If teams can get a return appearance for losing their passports, surely being nice guys also warrant it

• Love 5

What does #RadonRedux mean?

Why did Phil think that Team Texas would win if Justin and Diana had been U turned instead?  Why couldn't they have won if anybody else had been U turned?

I disliked Logan from day one, and nothing has made me change my mind.

And then the papparzzi turned around and lied to the cheerleaders by telling them they never told Team Green that they, in particular, had U turned them.

• Love 5

And then the papparzzi turned around and lied to the cheerleaders by telling them they never told Team Green that they, in particular, had U turned them.

I have no idea what all that was about. First, Justin all but tells Chris that jerks like Chris can be U-turned even if they are not that strong. Then everybody lies to each other and everybody knows the others are doing it. That was just weird.

Regarding drying the clothes in the dirt, I figured the launderers' main concern was to get rid of sweat and body oils and such, so having a little sand in the clothes was not a big deal. There were all those cows walking around the laid out clothes though, I was thinking some might have to be re-washed after all.

And then there was the no-explanation greeter.

• Love 2

In season 2 of The Amazing Race Canada, we had a team that won 7 of the 11 legs and then lost in the final leg to a team that had never won a leg previously. Unlike Justin and Diana, they were not annoying at all.

So I've seen dominant teams lose in the end. I have faith that Justin and all his arrogance will receive his comeuppance.

• Love 7

Raaaaaace.

I don't care how annoying Justin is, he and Diana deserve to win. They are dominating this race. Let the bashing commence.

I agree. Based on performance, they have dominated and deserve to win. I find them highly unlikeable though and I wish they wouldn't. Don't know who else I would like win in their place though! 

• Love 8

Talk about karma!  I truly believe if team Texas had just run their own race and not gotten everyone all up in arms about the green team this might not have happened.  I did wish that someone would have u-turned the paparazzi though.  I am sick of them.  Too bad they came in second and the green team are standing by their "no u-turning".

• Love 18