Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

On 7/23/2018 at 3:18 PM, ByaNose said:

New cast photo. Brooke and Ridge far left and Eric & Quinn far right. Smack in the middle is the new regime of NuHope, Liam, Steffy & Bill. In the back on the left are the newbies who I don’t know or care about. Then there is Maya by herself with no family on contract. 

0658A5A9-8345-48B6-BFB0-DA2507558BF4.jpeg

Rena Sofer is simply sublime and oh so elegant.  JMW, not so much.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Does B&B have some sort of foreign worker program going on?  Most of the newbies are English and now we have an Australian nanny.  I can give Bell Jr. the names of some out of work AMERICAN actors, if he doesn't know any.

To some degree, I can't blame him too much because B&B has an incredibly large fanbase overseas. I was shocked to find it was the most popular soap opera in the world. The younger actors who came onto B&B within the last ten years all mentioned during the Sydney shoot that they got stopped nearly everywhere they went. Scott Clifton credited it as giving him a renewedcsense of purpose (not an exact quote, but a general sentiment).

Plus, with American actors, soaps today have a stigma attached with them, which is unfortunate. Y&R fans might remember how hard Billy Miller tried to break away and get into primetime roles at every opportunity. My general dislike for Jill Phelps aside, I don't blame her for letting him go because it really was chopping up the flow of the show having him gone like that.

Still, I don't care where the actors are coming from if I don't give one fig about the characters themselves. Xander and Zoey? Yawn. Emma? A very marginal improvement over Nicole, but not much. Aussie Nanny? Unless she's going to be the spoiler between both Lope AND Steam, I don't care, either.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

The closest thing was when Brooke was pregnant just shortly before Taylor was due to have Thomas. That was the wedding in '98 where she moved up the wedding time because Taylor was going to spill the beans about Thomas not being Thorne's, but she went into labor just as she realized what Brooke did and Brooke ended up miscarrying on the honeymoon. A lot of people don't even believe she was ever pregnant to begin with, considering the timing and how quickly the baby was lost after the wedding, but I personally never saw Brooke as that much of a lowlife.

Thank you, Anna.  That's how you write a multi layered story.  FIRST you have to believe in the characters - then they can do anything.

4 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Between the surgery and the layers of concealer and foundation on her face (not to mention the over-dyed 60s version Priscilla Presley hair), JMW looked like she was wearing a mask.  How anyone who works with Hunter Tylo could let a cosmetic surgeon anywhere near her face is beyond me.

Let's take a little walk down memory lane...

jacqueline-macinnes-wood-during-the-prem

Jacqueline-MacInnes-Wood-3.jpg

jacqueline_macinnes_wood_2557152.jpg2799d21fe7ea121f4573fe1edb55e4cb.jpg

steffy-forrester.jpg

Steffi-beautiful.jpg

Jacqueline+MacInnes+Wood+Shoulder+Length

• Love 6
8 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

How many times has Liam been caught fooling around on his woman?  He stands there while the woman reads him for filth and then storms off.  He spends a few minutes conferring with his side piece and THEN decides that to run after the injured party.  What kind of man does that?  Oh wait, I know.  Ridge Forrester does that.

They say women marry men like their fathers.

• Love 1
(edited)

If Steffy has any functioning brain cells left, she's thinking long term.  It seems Steffy doesn't believe Bill will be with her long term (it's the chase Bill is interested in), and with his FC shares, Steffy stands a better chance of shutting down HFTF.  Brooke will side with Hope.  Eric will probably side with Brooke, he usually does.  However, Ridge will side with Steffy, so between that and any negative publicity they can drum up, HFTF will be toast.

Steffy stands a good chance of getting sole custody of Kelly with Liam having visitation rights.  Steffy is the one who has been home with Kelly.  Steffy has a job to go back to, and Steffy owns the beach house which she purchased after Liam left her.  Liam is a bum - no home, no job, and no spine.

Damn, what is JMW doing to her face.  I used to ask the same question about Hunter Tylo.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 9

Well, that was cheesy. I can't call it campy because campy has some level of sardonic self-awareness and this was just plain cheddar. With one scene they reduce Dolla to a man who has to buy a woman ( not that he's ever been above that but the ego has got to sting a bit) and Steffy to a prostitute. Quite the plan Steffy came up with in her grief and rage. Pretty calculated. It's like she was just waiting for the opportunity. If so, she would be interesting if she only owned that shit. TIIC do her a huge disservice by continuing to try to make her the victim. It's a cognitive dissonance that is uncomfortable to this viewer. 

I rarely have much to say about her face but damn, in the first photo, her nose looks perfect. The magic of make-up? I dunno, but it looks wider at the bridge now and I can't imagine anyone going to the plastic surgeon and asking for a bigger nose, unless they had a medical issue or were botched. 

• Love 17
4 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

It seems Steffy doesn't believe Bill will be with her long term (it's the chase Bill is interested in), and with his FC shares, Steffy stands a better chance of shutting down HFTF.  Brooke will side with Hope.  Eric will probably side with Brooke, he usually does.  However, Ridge will side with Steffy, so between that and any negative publicity they can drum up, HFTF will be toast.

Dare I hope that this will happen and this will be the impetus for Hope & Sally to start their own business?

I wonder if Steffy is vindictive enough to change the baby's name from Kelly.  Billie?  Wilhelmina?

• Love 8

Brooke is officially the worst parent ever.  She is so stupidly starry-eyed and giddy about "love" she's encouraging her daughter to get involved with a man living with his other babymama.  I wish Hope would say her clear reservations about this approach are shattering her own illusions about herself and making her feel like she's becoming her mother.

• Love 9
(edited)

"Are lipstick smears, pillows and candles, better?"  "Waiting for you to grow up and make a decision."  "I went to Bill."  Please let cold hearted vindictive bitch Steffy stay.

Shut up Ridge and Brooke.  You are selfish despicable worthless idiots, and terrible parents.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 11

This really is a ridiculous story line, and yet, I'm enjoying the hell out of it right now. There is no good reason for Steffy to go to Bill except for revenge. I don't think she loves him but does feel something and I think they could be a great, fun couple, but we'll see how the writers handle it.

Actually,

5 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

with his FC shares, Steffy stands a better chance of shutting down HFTF. 

and

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Dare I hope that this will happen and this will be the impetus for Hope & Sally to start their own business?

This would be great. After all, Hope is really not a Forrester.

The look on Liam's face when he saw that sword necklace was priceless.

• Love 18

OH MY...today’s show was filled with SO MUCH soap-y and cheesy goodness!!!!! 

It’s like TIIC really have been lurking on these boards and decided to give us what we wanted. 

DGAF Steffy! A well deserved Liam Smackdown! Slut of The Valley training the next generation!! 

Kudos to JMW and DD because you can just tell they’re having a blast with this storyline! 

BEST LINES: “Better with candles, pillows and some lipstick?” “You didn’t!” “Oh yes. I DID!”

Sadly, I wasn’t in the break room with my work crew today! I can only imagine GOLDEN COMMENTARY I missed out on! 

Cant wait until tomorrow’s episode! I hope TIIC don’t mess with the flow by taking us back to the wack interns! 

• Love 10

I could really get behind Bitch On Wheels Steffy. She kinda, sorta rocked, today, at least. However, I really hope that she legit gives in to $Bill. They could run that entire shithole town; I've always said she's his ride-or-die. She DGAF if he is dirty. As long as she's not hurt, she won't care ~ if she'd own that, they'd be unstoppable. If she stays Snarky Steffy, & $Bill doesn't change 1 iota, because he's perfect the way he is, they'll be the best pair on daytime TV. Who cares if this marriage basically started out as prostitution (when it actually happens) because he bought her with some shares? Luke raped Laura, & they're THE soap couple of all time.

• Love 8

This is the first time I've ever rooted for Steffy, and I am loving it.  So tired of wishy-washy Liam, and never really liked those 2 together. I am not much of a Hope/Liam fan (they were fine back in the day) but Bill always makes me laugh.  Steffy needs to be full on revenge and go after both Hope & Liam.  This could be fun.

• Love 10

I am so rooting for this version of Steffy!  And totally floved the last scene today.

Liam...spying the sword necklace :"Oh, you didn't"

Steffy,,,happy to be giving it right back to him..."Yes, I did."

Does it get any better than this soapy goodness?  Cry your tears, Liam.  Steffy's heart has turned into cold, black ice where you're concerned.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

If Steffy has any functioning brain cells left, she's thinking long term.  It seems Steffy doesn't believe Bill will be with her long term (it's the chase Bill is interested in), and with his FC shares, 

How does a man who's main pursuit is acquisition and possession love anyone? $Bill has never demonstrated loving the object of his desire, only loving himself and taking pleasure in possession of the woman. Steffy recognizes that trait in herself. $Bill played Round Robin with Steffy, Katie, and chased Brooke for years as his "everything," until he finally married her last year. $Bill's penis, which very often takes over for his brain, fixates on a female that admires or is swept away by The Stallion -- Essentially $Bill's is a vacillating and pussywhipped Spencer male -- Same as Liam and Wyatt.

The only way to protect yourself from $Bill, Liam, or the Forester's, is money and power. Holding the majority of stock means hanging on to the FC executive office when Eric and Ridge find out she's married $Bill. Steffy secures her leadership of FC, and promises a Forrester future for Kelly -- Something neither $Bill or Liam could ever do. 

It's easy for people to say Steffy sold herself to $Bill, but many couples negotiate prenuptial agreements everyday that lay out financial obligations of both parties. If Steffy hadn't gone there first with her own demands, $Bill would have had his own standard prenup Xeroxed for this week's fiancée.

$Bill's ego is completely intact; he's won the brass ring, his hands are clean, and he was right all along -- $Bill didn't have to push Hope and Liam together. All he had to do was let Liam's nature switchback to Hope, as was expected by everyone, including Steffy. 

$Bill say he loves Steffy, but with their family and history they don't know the first thing about love, or are too concerned about that failure of character. Love is a four letter to batted back and forth by Steffy and $Bill. It's not a feeling. It's not a vow or a promise, and has nothing to do with commitment. Love is something to pursue right now until you poison it with your selfishness and avarice. Romantic sentiment is for the loser to shed tears over.

$Bill is well aware that Steffy's in a rage about Liam glomming all over Hope: She ruined her marriage to Liam by fucking her father-in-law, and that broke Liam profoundly. With the baby born, Liam loves Kelly and Steffy just happens to be part of baby's entourage. Liam may have softened his opinion and outrage of Steffy's betrayal, but he's not in love with her, and that drives her mad. Steffy losing Liam's love is galling. Losing Liam to Hope is unthinkable, and her ego will not stand for that insult.

Kelly is a child conceived with $Bill Spencer's sperm sloshing along with Liam's. If Liam hadn't found the paternity test, Steffy would have never told him the truth. But she would have had to look over her shoulder, waiting for $Bill to blow up her marriage by telling Liam about fucking in the Forester guesthouse. Liam will never forget this was one of dozens of betrayals by Steffy long before having sex with $Bill. $Bill Spencer being dead center in their marriage for months, is just another reminder to Liam that Steffy remains an unrepentant liar, cheat, ruthless backstabber, and brushes aside all responsibility for the results ... Just like Stephanie Forrester.

Steffy stands a better chance of shutting down HFTF.  Brooke will side with Hope.  Eric will probably side with Brooke, he usually does.  However, Ridge will side with Steffy, so between that and any negative publicity they can drum up, HFTF will be toast.

With stock majority, that will be fun for Steffy, but only if the line is unsuccessful. If HFTF is a rain maker, she can box Hope up as brand ambassador, with no say in the direction of the line.

Steffy stands a good chance of getting sole custody of Kelly with Liam having visitation rights.  Steffy is the one who has been home with Kelly.  Steffy has a job to go back to, and Steffy owns the beach house which she purchased after Liam left her.  Liam is a bum - no home, no job, and no spine.

I'm not that certain of that. Family courts take a dim view of daughter-in-law/father-in-law shenanigans. And too many people have been told by Steffy and $Bill that they fucked. Liam has to be willing to pull the trigger, so to speak, and expose their betrayal for public consumption. There is Kelly's future feelz to consider.

Damn, what is JMW doing to her face.  I used to ask the same question about Hunter Tylo.

They both had their faces butchered. The more upkeep they have done, the worse it gets.

• Love 10

Now that we have DGaF Steffy can we have F*@^ it! Liam who shrugs and leaves Steffy to Bill but tells her he'll have his lawyer contact her lawyer about a custody agreement and WALK AWAY?

Let Ridge lose his shit and stroke out trying to get Steffy away from Bill.

Let Lope enjoy Hope's pregnancy and Hope and Sally start a business and Liam and Wyatt enjoy not battling for once and be bros dating drama free and Lope and Wally go on double dates and have fun and be couply and Steffy.... just....stews.

What will Bill's excuse for Steffy not being happy be then?

• Love 15
2 hours ago, nkotb said:

I could really get behind Bitch On Wheels Steffy. She kinda, sorta rocked, today, at least. However, I really hope that she legit gives in to $Bill. They could run that entire shithole town; I've always said she's his ride-or-die. She DGAF if he is dirty. As long as she's not hurt, she won't care ~ if she'd own that, they'd be unstoppable. If she stays Snarky Steffy, & $Bill doesn't change 1 iota, because he's perfect the way he is, they'll be the best pair on daytime TV. Who cares if this marriage basically started out as prostitution (when it actually happens) because he bought her with some shares? Luke raped Laura, & they're THE soap couple of all time.

If Steffy embraces her true nature, $Bill is done for. She'll have him wrapped around her finger by taking her pleasure and keeping him at arms length.

There's no reason for Steffy to fall for that old trick of loving $Bill, when she knows he only uses love as a weapon. 

• Love 8

Fearless prediction. After the Still wedding $Bill produces the real true paternity test, The one that shows he is the father. Bill will explain that he initially altered the results when Liam chose Steffy because he wanted Steam to be a family, Bill kept the paternity a secret until after the wedding because he wanted Steffy to marry him for himself, not because he's the baby daddy.

But now .... the truth is out -- because Still is married and Lope are together.  Oh and the first thing Bill would like is to change Kelly's name.  What's Bill's mother's name or Satanie's middle name or maybe Phoebe?

Bill as baby daddy and the Still marriage solves the Liam with 2 baby mamas problem, makes Sludge's head explode, and probably helps break up Bridge. Sludge is going to rant and rave like mad to break up Still and reunite Steam even though Liam's not the father. His confrontation today with Hope was just the beginning.

Have to say I'm so proud of my girl for standing up to the Sludge.

• Love 13

Stuffy has become nothing more than a high class call girl.  The shares for her presence and then Bill is hoping that will turn into her body.  

Once again fuck Ridge.  How many it just happened is he guilty of. The latest was Quinn on the beach in Australia. 

Hey Brooke it was very nice of you to throw your wet coat on Liam's chair. 

You You you it's all Liam's fault but Stuffy is above reproach.  Stuffy is without sin so she can cast the first stone.  

• Love 7

As much, as I hate this show sometimes I reallly wanted today to be an hour show. I love the Liam reaction to the Steffy and the sword. Now, I have to wait till tomorrow. I know I’ll hate the outcome tomorrow but today was a great soapy ending. Also, could Brooke and Ridge be anymore hypocritical? Jeez! I was shocked that neither of them burst in to flames with their sermons of right & wrong with Liam & Hope. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

There's no reason for Steffy to fall for that old trick of loving $Bill, when she knows he only uses love as a weapon. 

I would absolutely be behind Steffy if this were how it all plays out. But no woman on this show is ever truly granted agency over their lives or allowed to stay too far from whichever object of obsession Brad is shilling. If Brooke Logan was never allowed to go on without Ridge, I don't see anything better for Steffy's future, current propping be damned.

• Love 11

Well played today. Even JMW gets a passing grade for that closing scene with SC. Yes. She definitely shines (term used loosely) when playing the stone cold bitch. That way she doesn't have to emote and the robotic acting can work.  (OBTW, TessHarding2, thanks for posting the photos of JMW's face evolution. It looks to me like she had jaw implants -- WHY? -- which is a procedure used mainly in men. Also, looks like LOTS of Botox and fillers and lip procedures. I just happened to see some photos of a younger Carol Alt today and wondered if that was the look JMW was going for? EPIC. FAIL.)

Good for Hope for standing up to the greasy oaf. I wanted her to kick him in the nuts for the way he was raging at her. 

Spoiler

It looks like tomorrow that Brooke is going to walk into the fray and go after Sludge for being verbally abusive to Hope. I hope that she asks him to pack up and leave HER house.

Liam. Liam. Liam. Do you hear yourself? He told Brooke that for months he couldn't stand the sight of Steffy then was trying to find the words to explain why he decided to reconcile with her but really couldn't. Brooke had absolutely no business barging over to his house during that terrible storm to try to sell Hope to him (again) with a hefty dose of guilt thrown in.

OPBG is now officially known as OLG. Is there some reason why they can't call her by her name? 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Now that we have DGaF Steffy can we have F*@^ it! Liam who shrugs and leaves Steffy to Bill but tells her he'll have his lawyer contact her lawyer about a custody agreement and WALK AWAY?

Nah, I'd prefer a fuck it Hope, who decides she's too good for that limp noodle and leaves him by himself, doing his guppy mouth thing as he is stunned that nobody wants him.

2 hours ago, La di Diva said:

Have to say I'm so proud of my girl for standing up to the Sludge.

I wish Hope would think about what Ridge said, because he did speak the truth when he said Liam will go back to Hope if an attempted reconciliation with Steffy doesn't work. Which makes me wonder...if Ridge really feels that that's what would happen, and history says it would, then why the hell would he want his daughter subjected to that?

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I wish Hope would think about what Ridge said, because he did speak the truth when he said Liam will go back to Hope if an attempted reconciliation with Steffy doesn't work. Which makes me wonder...if Ridge really feels that that's what would happen, and history says it would, then why the hell would he want his daughter subjected to that?

To keep Steffy away from Bill.

26 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

OPBG is now officially known as OLG. Is there some reason why they can't call her by her name? 

Because Steffy will probably change it from Kelly to spite Liam, especially after Bill reveals he's the pappy.

I have zero sympathies for Hope.  She inserted herself into a messy situation she had no business being in and raced Liam down the aisle to snatch him real quick from Steffy.  Neither woman should want this fool and I wish Eric would wander over to give Liam the read of his life again.

• Love 5
(edited)

I have never and will never believe that $Bill loves Hauxdilox.  I've seen Bill Spencer in love and this ain't it.  Remember the look on his face when Brooke finally kicked that greasy motherfucker to the curb, when they were in Australia?  THAT was Bill Spencer in love.  Today, the look on $Bill's face was that of a man finally taking possession of some property he's had his eye on for a long time.  He probably looked the same when he got the keys to the Ferrari.

I know that I'm supposed to think this is 'romantic' but I think it's creepy.  But then again, I didn't like 'Pretty Woman'.  And I've only been able to sit through Gone With the Wind once.  Aside from the stomach churning racism, I can't see the romance in a woman who realizes she's in love with her rapist, just before the credits roll.  So Hauxdilox and $Bill don't work for me.  In my opinion, the only positive is going to be seeing the reactions from Ridge and all the others in the Steffy Forrester Fan Club when they realize that their heroine is nothing more than a loose booty ho. 

I'm probably the only one but I liked Brooke today.  Yeah, she's pleading her daughter's case but it's clear that she also cares about Liam.  On the other hand, Ridge doesn't give a flying fuck about Liam (as we've seen).  He just wants Liam to keep fucking his daughter so $Bill can't.  Not exactly father of the year.  

I also like the fact that Brooke has no illusions about herself and her past.  She's willing to acknowledge the things she's done.  Is there anyone else on the show who does that?

Speaking of creepy, my skin crawled a bit during the Sludge/Hope brawl.  Hope seemed very uncomfortable being in her mother's bedroom with Ridge and I don't think it was just guilt about Steffy.  I did love the fact that Hope refused to be bullied by that piece of shit.  TK's version of Ridge likes to bully young women.  In that respect, he's a lot like his arch-enemy.

I think the only time I have ever rooted for Steffy was when she said 'oh, yes I did'.  That was a nice moment and for a second it looked like JMW was actually 'acting'.  What really made me happy was the possibility that we might be seeing the end of 'Steam', praise ALL the gods!

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 15

Both Ridge and Brooke are the worst - their children are GROWN.  Brooke cheering Hope on (it doesn't really matter that Liam/Steffy weren't married, it was a terrible thing to do).  Hope's redeeming quality right now is that she at least sees that.  And Ridge railing at Hope?  STFU Ridge.  You have NO ROOM to talk.  Steffy isn't a 16 year old getting her heart broken for the first time.  She's a woman, let her live her life.

• Love 5

Holy moley, Ridge seemed like he really wanted to call Hope a garden utensil in desperate need of a glass of water.

How can marriage be "everything" if you do it with a different person pretty much every year or so? I'll give anyone two weddings/marriages but after that I don't see how it has any real meaning to them.

Hot dam! Bet Liam will want to kill Bill for real this time. Is Steffy really going to let him think she just slept with his father AGAIN?! And the thing is, Bill probably wouldn't deny it.

• Love 5

If I hear her say "our little girl" one more time.  This show is the shove it down their throats and then shove it some more.  Bring Katie and Brooke into this mess because they are ex's.  Katie is the mother of invisible heir Will and Brooke can focus on destroying Steffy instead of being Mama Bear, which is a complete bore.   

• Love 7
10 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm hoping the same thing.  I'm also hoping the two ladies forge a solid friendship as well.  It is something this show sorely lacks:  female to female empowerment.

• Love 8

I have never and will never believe that $Bill loves Hauxdilox.

Perhaps he doesn't in the same way he allegedly loved Brooke but perhaps that will be the storyline? I've always been a sucker for the soap stories where two people are pushed together and don't love each other but then of course do really fall for one another (GH's Robert and Holly - oh how I loved them). Bill and Steffy feel something for each other ... maybe not exactly love but that doesn't mean it won't happen. And really Bill has been with Steffy by proxy through his sons for years now so who's to say that ain't love? Plus Steffy turns to Bill far more often than she wants to admit.

If the writers roll with Bill and Steffy, I might be forced to tune into this mess.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I'm not that certain of that. Family courts take a dim view of daughter-in-law/father-in-law shenanigans. And too many people have been told by Steffy and $Bill that they fucked. Liam has to be willing to pull the trigger, so to speak, and expose their betrayal for public consumption. There is Kelly's future feelz to consider.

Liam got Hope pregnant before his divorce from Steffy was even final.  Any leverage Liam might have got from Steffy's adultery (which actually would have been very little) is gone.  The courts care about the welfare of the child.  Steffy has been the primary care giver.  Steffy has a well paying job.  Steffy has a home.  Liam's a bum who stays in other peoples houses.

4 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

If Steffy embraces her true nature, $Bill is done for. She'll have him wrapped around her finger by taking her pleasure and keeping him at arms length.

If Steffy and Bill aren't going to be a real couple, it would be great if after ruining Liam and Hope, Steffy targets Bill.  I hate the idea that Steffy will calm down, regret marrying Bill, and want Liam back.  Vindictive set on revenge Steffy is so much more fun.

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Both Ridge and Brooke acknowledged today that Liam isn't a great guy, and then quickly backtracked.  It's one of the things that makes them so reprehensible.  They know what a spineless selfish weasel Liam is.  Ridge doesn't want Steffy with Bill, and Brooke doesn't want Hope to lose to Steffy the way she always lost to Caroline and Taylor.  They don't really care about what is best for Steffy or Hope.

1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

I have zero sympathies for Hope.  She inserted herself into a messy situation she had no business being in and raced Liam down the aisle to snatch him real quick from Steffy.

I want Hope to be stupid enough to take Liam back, and then Hope can constantly worry that Liam is going to dump her again, while Brooke schemes to keep them together.  This will lead to Ridge ditching Brooke AGAIN.  When that happens, I'm going to be laughing for weeks.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

To keep Steffy away from Bill.

I don't think so, Ridge has been cheering for Steffy & Liam before Bill was in the picture, if anything it's so Steffy can "beat" Hope.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't think so, Ridge has been cheering for Steffy & Liam before Bill was in the picture, if anything it's so Steffy can "beat" Hope.

I think originally Ridge wanted Steffy with Liam because it was what Steffy wanted.  After Steffy had sex with Bill, Ridge's mantra became "It's all Bill's fault."  Steffy didn't have to have sex with Bill.  Liam didn't have to rebound to Hope, and Hope didn't have to accept Liam's marriage proposal.  Yes, Bill and Justin set up Wyatt, but Steffy, Liam and Hope's actions are on them.

I think it's hilarious that Ridge and Brooke have turned into Stephanie.

• Love 6
(edited)

Yesterday's show was leaps and bounds above where it's been the past several weeks. 

First, nary an intern or cat-stroking mini-Sheila in sight. 

Then we have Steffy owning her feelings for Bill: "I care about you Bill, you’ve been a rock for me and you NEVER made me feel not good enough."

Bill continues to zing: "I see myself in you, Steffy." I'm sure you do, Bill. 

Finally, we have two women putting two men (well, man-children) in their place and it was glorious.

One aside before I dive in, did anyone notice that apparently, it was buy one waffle, get one free because Liam and Ridge were dressed exactly alike. LOFL!

DjD9azIU0AAz94G.jpg

Di_AkY4U4AAN5vZ.jpg

I'll start with Hope and Ridge.

Initially, the moment Ridge shows up, looking for Brooke in their bedroom only to fine Hope, Hope's immediate reaction is to flee.

Ridge actually tells her to stay and butters her up a bit with how successful the relaunch was.

When he goes into the master bath, calling for Brooke, Hope reveals her mother went to see Liam. Uh oh...

Ridge: "Why?

Hope: "Because I couldn't stop her."

Ridge can't understand why Brooke would be over there (I can't either but for different reasons - namely, it's (1) NONE OF HER BUSINESS!!! and (2) she should want BETTER for Hope). 

Hope reveals that Steffy walked in on her and Liam.

Ridge sneers: "You? And Liam?" As if it's so shocking they would be together. But it's more than that, he looks at Hope like she is some slut. Contrast that with his apologist tour for his daughter who fucked her husband's own father.

Hope stares back at him and I'm sure the words "fuck you" are in her head right about now.

Hope.thumb.jpg.4fa35fce4dc4189de9c2f865fe2ed755.jpg

He then proceeds to attack Hope for what happened, mocking her "it just happened" explanation when he not only accepted "it just happened" from Steffy er go Bill, he was willing to up the ante and call it "rape."

Ridge: "It's not an excuse."

Hope: "It was excuse enough when Steffy slept with her father-in-law." Oh, get him, girl!

Ridge: "Bill took advantage of her." For the nine hundredth time, NO, HE DID NOT!

Hope tells him this isn't a good topic for them (knowing he's going to stick to the poor widdle Steffy story no matter what) and Ridge says maybe she should stop making out with his daughter's husband and again, THEY ARE NOT MARRIED! Also, WTF to him putting the blame for the making out all on Hope. Just like it took two - Bill AND Steffy - to cheat that night, it took Hope and LIAM to make out. Is he really that fucking delusional? Oh wait, of course he is.

Hope reminds him: "They AREN'T married."

Ridge tries another tact: "She's the mother of his child."

Hope, furious, snaps at last, reminding him of that which he so staunchly tries to deny: "AND SO AM I!!!!"

Hope2.thumb.jpg.1127562fbffd5e6379ca761dcc46abcc.jpg

Ridge: "I'm aware of that!" Are you? And WTF to you screaming in your pregnant stepdaughter's face? I'm sure he would love nothing more than for her to miscarry.

Hope: "Look, I don't want to fight with you." She's calmer now but crosses her arms over her chest and dares him to keep at it.

Ridge actually apologizes (not that I believe it) and tells her "I shouldn't raise my voice with you." No, you shouldn't. 

Hope, because she is a bigger person than Ridge will ever think of being, takes the high road, "I'm sorry, too." And I can see that that gets to Ridge more than anything.

Ridge: "This breaks my heart. I know you're a good person...I know that." She doesn't need anyone to tell her that, least of all, Ridge. You can tell it kills him to realize, even for a nanosecond, how Hope is the real deal unlike his own spawn. But of course, he shakes that off and whines about how Steffy has suffered all this injustice and OMG, please stop talking now. Everything she supposedly suffered was a result of her own actions.

Ridge: "And this is what you...and Liam...this is what you do to my little girl." And he's right back at it. My god, he's an insufferable asshole!

He chalks it up to "one mistake" and can't understand why Hope would sabotage that.

Hope tells him it isn't like that and that they love each other.

Ridge: "Really? You're that naive." It's not a totally wrong statement from Ridge given Liam's checkered history with both women and Ridge, the original Waffle, would know all about this. He tells her Liam can't help himself and "has to love the one he's with and right now, he's at Steffy's house, trying to get her back, and when that doesn't work, he's gonna come back here, with his tail between his legs, and what are you going to say?" As much as it pains me to say this, Ridge has Liam dead to rights here. 

One minute, he's kissing Hope as if she's the only woman in the world but the second Steffy showed up and then bolted, he was off chasing her, texting and calling her. 

It reminds me of this scene from My Best Friend's Wedding:

my-best-friend-wedding-7.gif

But while Ridge is right, his little speech is completely self-serving for him and his daughter, so he can take several seats. I can't wait for Brooke to walk in and hear him, even though Hope more than held her own against his bluster. 

Elsewhere, Brooke stops by the cliff house by in a very fetching trench coat to browbeat Liam re Hope and just STAHP! Liam had an epiphany, telling her: "Maybe I don't want to be free to decide." Truer words have not been spoken.

Best of all was when Steffy returned home and was all calm and cool with no tears, no begging, no anything but a gal who finally put her bitch boots on, I was LOVING it. 

I liked how she ignored Liam's attempts to use an almost-out-of-bottles Kelly to tug on her heartstrings (my, my, how things have changed) and she said she'd take care of it oh-so-matter-of-factly and started picking up the baby flotsam from earlier in the day.

Liam immediately apologizes and Steffy gives him one quick glance as she's folding a blanket, "I'm sure you are...but it's late and I'm tired." 

When he asks: "Did you get my messages?" and she responded "Probably...," I couldn't help myself, I burst out laughing. 

Then she adds, "well, you weren't getting the hint so..." and just keeps right on folding things, her back toward him.

Liam is pissy now: "Will you STOP? Where were you?"

She finally turns to face him and you can just see she is SO DONE as she sighs: "Where do you think I was, Liam?" 

Liam.thumb.jpg.44272e82e64a4b716395726a2819d345.jpg

Oh, he totally realizes where she was but she decides to twist the knife a bit: "Where you always accuse me of...running to Bill, hooking up with him behind your back."

She is so eerily calm here and he doesn't know what to do about that.

She loses it just a bit when she calls him out for the recent actions with Hope and explaining things to Kelly. Let's not lose focus here.

She brings it back with her obvious disgust over waiting for him to "grow up and decide what (he) wants."

Then when she tells him: "I thought you were truer than true...but you're no better than your father. You just have a better act." While she should have known better years ago where Liam's waffling ways are concerned, she's not wrong here. 

Then, when she stooped down to pick up one of Kelly's stuffed animals and the necklace was revealed. So much soapy goodness, complete with a lightening flash and thunder crackle to punctuate the moment. Well played, show.

Necklace.thumb.jpg.4120a3c32416a66d631050551eedb20d.jpg

The music soaring as Liam puts it all together.

Lame.thumb.jpg.164496f5158549404f2d29005547d1e9.jpg

Steffy straightens to look him dead in the eye, the sword necklace, his father's own sword necklace on full display.

DjEqwFBVAAUGsw2.jpg

Liam: "You didn't."

Steffy sets him straight and Jacquie rocked this scene, the epitome of stone cold. Now, this Steffy, I can get behind. 

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 17
13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

How can marriage be "everything" if you do it with a different person pretty much every year or so? I'll give anyone two weddings/marriages but after that I don't see how it has any real meaning to them.

Serial monogamy is Soap dogma, and the Bell's bread and butter.

• Love 3

This episode was so good for both Hope and Steffy.  Usually a love triangle leaves one of the women looking terrible.  And while Hope shouldn't be proud of her actions, Ridge was completely out of line and I appreciate that she stood up to him.  Steffy, however, was so good, so stone cold, that I couldn't stop from cheering her on.  I want her to burn it all to the ground.  I would really enjoy if she kicked Liam out of the beach house.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Kymmi said:

Both Ridge and Brooke are the worst - their children are GROWN.  Brooke cheering Hope on (it doesn't really matter that Liam/Steffy weren't married, it was a terrible thing to do).  Hope's redeeming quality right now is that she at least sees that.  And Ridge railing at Hope?  STFU Ridge.  You have NO ROOM to talk.  Steffy isn't a 16 year old getting her heart broken for the first time.  She's a woman, let her live her life.

All of this.

7 hours ago, ByTor said:

Ehhhh...I mean, in the old days, he was slightly more onboard with Stream and Lope, but RM Ridge wasn't so openly a Steam shipper. He at least acknowledged in the abstract that Hope was heartbroken and had a right to that. Plus, he'd on occasion take Liam to task for his wavering.

I'm truly upset that TIIC didn't write more scenes for Nick and SORASed Hope for the two years (give or take) that both he and KM we're on the show together. I would've loved him going to bat for Hope, taking on Bill for the crap he threw at her for merely existing, and would've been there to dry the tears that Ridge wouldnt.

I imagine the only reason he wasn't dragged into that drama like every other character on Show at the time was because Jack Wagner's ego was too big to play second fiddle to teeny bopper drama. For once I can't say I blame him, but it would've been a nice balance when everyone in Hope's life was using her for their own agendas.

3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Then we have Steffy owning her feelings for Bill: "I care about you Bill, you’ve been a rock for me and you NEVER made me feel not good enough."

Bill continues to zing: "I see myself in you, Steffy." I'm sure you do, Bill. 

Ha! Phrasing, BOOM! ?

I'm all in for stone cold Steffy.

• Love 9

Can we have Bill, his insanity and his arrogance on everyday with Justin and Wyatt reacting to it?  That was funny.  Rhymes with Dope, Don't you have to go shave your head or something Justin, Good point Wyatt remember you are my favorite son.  Then Wyatt had to deal with Ridge to.

I liked that Steffy said it was the constant indecision she couldn't live with.

Ridge and Brooke are wrong about everything.  They know nothing.  Morons.

• Love 16

Forgiveness is not in Stuffy's vocabulary but oneupmanship is. Liam kisses Sally and she fucks Bill then Liam kisses Hope and she agrees to marry Bill. How are we to believe Stuffy was not starting at Billy's crotch for years?  

Hey Ridge, I have a news flash for you, Stuffy doesn't like you for the infidelity you showed her mother. Maybe just maybe, Stuffy doesn't love anyone and just uses it as a means to the end. 

• Love 10

It wouldn't matter what Steffy or Hope did, Liam would still waffle.  Steffy was right about Liam's inability to make a decision and stick with it.  Steffy and Hope could be saints, never do one wrong thing, and they would still end up apologizing to Liam.  It's the same thing Taylor and Brooke did.  The pathetic idiots.  They were constantly forgiving and understanding of Ridge's "mistakes" and what did it get them.  If Steffy follows through, never reunites with Liam, and moves on with her life, she will at least be ahead of Taylor and Brooke in that department.

• Love 6

While I give Steffy credit for seeing the light as it pertains to Liam, that goes away quickly when she decides to tie it to a completely moronic and indefensible decision to be with Bill.  She says she doesn't want to be her mother, but how is being with someone she doesn't want to be with an improvement?

BTW, are they ever going to get to the complete hypocrisy that is Bill's objection to Katie and Wyatt raising Will while he raises Kelly?

• Love 19

That will resolve itself when it's revealed that Bill is Kelly's father.  Until then, ITA that it's bullshit hypocrisy.  But ... I also firmly believe that Steffy has feelings for Bill and has been trying to suppress them by making herself believe that she "loves" Liam. She doggedly held on to Liam to keep Hope from having him and for OLG. Her actions spoke far louder than her vehement "denials" that she didn't want Bill, had no feelings for him, yadda yadda yadda.

Pretty good show today. Loved Brooke nailing that greasy hobo to the wall for the way he was speaking to Hope and he never did apologize. Watching Sludge start slipping off the rails when Wyatt painted the picture for him was so gratifying. If Sludge races over to the cliff house to find Liam/Steffy/Bill, he's going to lose his mind (and hopefully fall off the backyard cliff/slope in the process.)

I am glad that Bill (and DD) intervened on that last scene to rescue it and tie up all the dangling threads. His reading Liam for filth was glorious especially with Liam's sputtering responses. Yep. Pot meet kettle as far as lies and hypocrisy go. But, at least it came out that whatever Liam did with Hope (and Sally) were nothing compared to Steffy sleeping with Bill.  Also, points to Steffy for clearly spelling it out as well that it wasn't the "infidelity" but endless waffling she had had enough of. 

If from now on, if all JMW has to do is stand there like a mannequin with permanent RBF, I would be happy. She's finally found her niche in acting. 

• Love 11

You can get to steppin', Liam, assuming you can still walk after having Steffy's foot up your ping-pong waffling ass.

Why does Ridge persist in acting like Steffy is a virginal teenager? He keeps looking like such a fool.

Liam getting double-team read by Steffy and Bill was EVERYTHING!

• Love 11
(edited)
37 minutes ago, nasir jones said:

While I give Steffy credit for seeing the light as it pertains to Liam, that goes away quickly when she decides to tie it to a completely moronic and indefensible decision to be with Bill.  She says she doesn't want to be her mother, but how is being with someone she doesn't want to be with an improvement?

BTW, are they ever going to get to the complete hypocrisy that is Bill's objection to Katie and Wyatt raising Will while he raises Kelly?

Bill's a guy so in Brad Bell's world he can do whatever he wants while judging others - See Ridge and Liam.  Also, Bill gets to be an unapologetic bad guy because he's a guy.

Steffy's marrying Bill for the FC shares.  Steffy fully expects Bill to walk away at some point, and when he does, Steffy will still have the shares.  Steffy told Liam she is giving up on love.  Steffy is doing a version of better the devil you know, Bill (who Steffy has no illusions about), than the waffling ping pong ball who can't make a decision, Liam (who is just like Bill, but thinks he is better).

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4
(edited)

On tip toe and with great apprehension I have entered back in.

The first comment has to be how much I appreciated an intern free zone.

That was good stuff they gave us this week. DD certainly elevates JMW’s game, although I am not finding her stone cold, so much as robotic. However, that is really splitting hairs, because I cannot express how much I loved Steffy’s dialog today. How refreshing to hear a woman say she was done with her waffling man? I also love them bringing Taylor into the mix, and how Steffy doesn’t want to live her life that way. I hate the character, but serious props for standing up for your fucking womanhood. Additionally, it makes your extreme reaction over seeing Hope and Liam kissing much easier to understand. They have certainly sweetened the pot by having Steffy sell her corral to the Stallion for the FC’s stock. And that damn necklace; holy cow! Just awesomely soapy gold.

I’m not all that upset with Brooke. She loves her daughter and wants her to be happy; unfortunately, what makes Hope happy is Liam. Wouldn’t it be something if Hope decided to have her baby Spencer on her own? If she too decides she can’t live with the indecision? Leaving Liam with no one to waffle with. Now, I am not so heartless that I want to see Liam completely alone, and if Hope was done too, that would leave him with Wyatt. And Wyatt is with Sally, which scares the crap out of me. I also acknowledge that Liam has suffered a lot too, going all the way back to Captive Cabin. And he didn’t deserve what his wife and father did either. But I have no problem whatsoever with Steffy and Hope holding his feet to the fire over his inability to truly commit, and for being the wafflingest, waffle, who ever waffled.

Ridge needs to go pound sand in the worst possible way. Treating Hope like she had staged some type of stripper pole seduction was not only maddening, it was insulting. Lookey here you braying buffoon, you bellowing boob, you fucking babbling budinsky, you need to sit the hell down and shut up. I hope the first time you see Steffy and Bill together, and after seeing that sword necklace around her neck, that Bill steps real, real close to Steffy, casually draping his arm over her shoulders, a big smile on his face and says “Hey dad!” I have always wanted to see Ridge get knocked down a few notches, and this version only makes me want that more. He is such a brute and a bully. Bill is too, but Bill has style and charm, and he is Bill, so he is expected to be reprehensible. Ridge is supposed to be the polished, pampered son of a rich Beverly Hills family. He is supposed to know how to cut you without being common and base. Not this guy. He is down in the dirt on the first volley, then proceeds to grovel like a pig, coming out a muddy mess. I also want Brooke to see him clearly for the first time. His verbiage and entire demeanor say Hope is a Logan and Steffy is a Forrester. More infuriating is that it isn’t about what he thinks is best for Steffy, it is about Steffy not getting with Bill. So instead of owning his deepest, darkest fear with his wife, he instead attacks her pregnant daughter for kissing the child’s father, condemning her as trash, while defending his heaux bag spawn. Steffy made a single mistake. No fucking matter that that one mistake was heinous, and would be unforgiveable for most people. But you expected Liam to be over it and ready to reconcile with your vile daughter the day after Liam found out. There really are no words Ridge.

I thought Hope looked hot as hell in that dusky blue bra and those shorts. Girl has a really nice body, and it was so nice to see them glam her up a bit. Liam saw that and his little waffle iron sprung right into action. Get um boy!

So, what I would like to see is Justin turn on Bill. Something hasn’t been right with Justine for a while; he has been acting weird since Bill had him set up the fake Steffy seduction. The man who dumped Ridge out of a helicopter and arranged the torching of Spectra has suddenly developed a conscious. I feel they are trying to set up something where Steffy will become an issue between Bill and Justin, and Justin will ultimately feel betrayed and walk away. Or, it could be Steffy tells Bill to fire Justin. Either way, Justin hooks up with Liam, who is homeless, jobless, and womanless. He helps Liam in his battle for shared, or sole, custody of Kelly; giving him all the dirt on Bill. At the same time, I would like Steffy to cut the HFTF line, with Ridge supporting the decision because he still blames Hope for Steffy leaving Liam. This would be the final straw for Brooke; she has listened to Ridge piss and moan about terrible old Hope and now he is firing her daughter too? How is that a good business decision considering how well the opening show went. She begins to see that it isn’t about business at all, but is entirely personal, and is punishment for Hope kissing Liam. Brooke goes to Eric who refuses to get involved. He is in a good place in his life, and Hope, Liam and Steffy are all adults. The final blow is Eric saying that Hope leaving might be the best thing for everyone, particularly his granddaughter. Brooke is crushed and remembers a much younger version of herself finding out that the man she loved had tricked her and tried to steal her future. She remembers how angry she was. She is that angry now and decides maybe it is time she consigns her Stepford Wife clothing for a nice red suit. I hope she dons that suit, gives Ridge the heave ho, throwing in a single digit salute for effect, and saunters her sexy ass right on over to Wyatt’s place to have a chit chat with Sally. They enter into an agreement where Brooke will be the bankroller and the brains, Hope will be the face, Sally will be the designer, and Wyatt will do the marketing, and they are a raging success. This will get Bill’s dick really hard because he hates Sally, and their success is pissing Steffy off, so he decides to go after them. But Billy Boy is in for a shock because Sally has Red Suit in her corner, and Bill ain’t never seen, or dealt, with her.

That is all I got. Just getting that far would be awesome.

Brooke continues to rock it. That white she had on? Wow. And I love the casual outfit she had on with Liam.

As said above, Hope was rocking it too. I knew she would look amazing with some heavier makeup.

It is rare that I complement JMW for anything, but I must commend her for some really good work this week. It’s pretty clear that she and DD enjoy working with each other, and that makes it so much better. DD looks like the cat who ate the canary. I absolutely believe these two will make the perfect dark couple.  

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 16

That was such a great episode!

That's probably the most real conversation Steffy and Liam ever had. I loved everything she said to him. Bringing up his going back and forth, her growing up with her dad always bouncing between Taylor and Brooke.  Bill coming and taking Steffy's side and both of them facing off against St.Liam.

I only wish Steffy would have pointed out the kissing Sally too!

• Love 10