Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Bwahaha, made my morning!! Im so disappointed the way they have done Quinn. She must be leaving the show,or why else would they paint her into a corner?

Because the writers are complete morons, for one.

As another poster said, this "romance" has brought out the absolute worst in Quinn. I could've grit my teeth at another round of Quinnsane if this was solely about putting her son on top, but TIIC except me to believe this is some kind of epic love story? Ridge and Bridget were a more believable couple FFS.

Kudos to Rena Sofer for bringig her A game to F- material, though. She deserves so much better.

• Love 15

When it comes to Katie's anxiety about $Bill and Brooke still sniffing each other for availability, she's not far from wrong, having every reason for concern. Adding alcohol to antidepressants can't help. The hallucinations could be fed by too much self-medicating, but seems over the top even for B&B. 

Each time $Bill and Brooke push for Katie to reconcile, I am reminded that until recently Brooke was bearing her soul to $Bill and it was all about how she had not stopped loving him. Brooke didn't care a fig about what that information would do to $Bill and Katie's marriage, and complained that she only being honest about her all-important feelz, didn't mean any harm or was being held to an uncomfortable accounting of her past sexual history and predatory behavior.

As it was pointed out by Brooke today, $Bill is not a patient man, having little compassion for other people's issues -- His approach to living is that everything is about him and a when it's not, it needs to be quashed or dispensed with. And then there's Brooke, bound and determined to help Katie ... er ... $Bill, though she has already made a hash of her relationship with her sister by macking on $Bill, another step in her history of not respecting social boundaries. Brooke being told her help is the last thing anyone needs means she'll be phoning and dropping by non-stop. Brooke cannot help herself but to aggravate Katie's depression by insisting on being in the middle of it.

Katie knows too well how myopic $Bill and Brooke are and how they compliment each other with their selfishness -- The world only revolves around $Bill, and Brooke willingly abandons the world to focus on her Greatest Love The One DESTINY.

I think Katie is crashing and burning and wrecking her marriage, and I want to high five her.  WTF are you married to this neanderthal.  Give your head a shake.  

Brooke is confiding to Rick that Bill is not a patient man.  Katie is meanwhile asking him to be patient.  Sigh.

When $Bill was drinking, and Katie was concerned, Brooke was telling her to back off, and let him be the man he was.  I didn't disagree with that, but Brooke used that.  It was okay for $Bill to be half-cut all the time.  Now he is judging Katie.

I want neanderthal $Bill to leave Katie.  I don't care if he is with Brooke.  No doubt she will say, they cannot be together because of Katie.  Yeah, whatevs.

Up until this week, I was not a Katie fan at all, especially with her idiotic Ridge thing.  But it is clear Katie cannot be a happy person while with $Bill.  

• Love 7

Even as a Brooke fan/apologist, I had to laugh at the exchange between her and Rick. Brooke: "Katie thinks I was flirting with Bill right in front of her". Rick: Not "How could she say that?" or "That's ridiculous!", but "Were you?" I didn't realize I was watching a comedy!

• Love 14

Zende, chile please. Of course the way you show someone how much you "care" about them is to tell them that you're screwing their (former) best friend. AFAIC, you can take your effing "honesty" and shove it up your narrow azz. Plus, there were no other women in LA you could sleep with other than Nicole's (former) best friend? Sorry but I think the kind of men who do things like that are showing how much disrepect and disdain they have for both women. Nicole should consider herself lucky to be free of someone who really seems to think very little of her, or at least not as much as he thinks of himself.

Joimiaroxeu, as we all know, there are no other women or men in BellA other than the eight or nine people in the cast.  No one, not a single person on this show, can claim the high ground over Zende on this point.  Did Brooke show disrespect and disdain for Eric and Ridge when she got pregnant by, and married the former, after being engaged to the latter?  Or when she married Thorne?  Or Nick?  

Every character on this show has been involved with siblings.  Hope was involved with Wyatt and Liam at the same time. And Taylor hit the rare trifecta bedding three generations of Logan men.  Hell, Zende is "only" sleeping with his ex's "best friend".  He doesn't even know they're siblings.  That's got to count for something, right?

• Love 9

Okay, well I still think Zende didn't need to be in such a hurry to tell Nicole that he was sleeping with Sasha. I get it if he was afraid Nicole would find out anyway but odds are Sasha would be keeping her mouth shut for the time being. IMO there was nothing honorable about Zende telling Nicole. He seems to me to be the kind of guy who would subconsciously want to blame Nicole for "making" him sleep with her best friend. Trash dick.

Brooke's long and storied history violating familial boundaries speaks for itself, I think, and so does that of pretty much everyone else in the Forester, Spencer, and Logan universe. I just don't get why that stuff needed to be extended into Zende's generation. Lazy writing, I guess...

• Love 3

Hey, I think the continuity fairy showed up today! I was so glad Ridge called Wyatt out on behaving like someone will stop him from getting married if he doesn't do it right away AND then (the icing on the cake) shut down Wyatt's "I don't operate that way" retort.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6

So does Liam now have his memory back and he's just toying with Quinn? He was being downright surly and sarcastic towards her today.

On a shallow note, Steffy look so much better without all of those awful ombre extensions.

• Love 7

Katie guzzling the cheap vodka straight out of the pint bottle made me laugh! Oh, and we are supposed to believe that people like Bill and Katie don't have at least a housekeeper. I mean, Katie in her bathrobe wiping down the kitchen counters?

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 10

Katie having a backup stash was funny-sad (girlfriend's an alkie, but an alkie who believes in contingency planning?).  Liam basically going "Honey, why don't you want me to remember us?" to Quinn was...a bit random.  I'm not sure where that's going, though, since they're still showing his brain VCR as having major tracking issues and needing a head cleaner run through it a few times.

Hey, I think the continuity fairy showed up today! I was so glad Ridge called Wyatt out on behaving like someone will stop him from getting married if he doesn't do it right away AND then (the icing on the cake) shut down Wyatt's "I don't operate that way" retort.

It's a little funny, since Ridge actually speaks from personal experience, but under the circumstances somebody still had to say it to Wyffy.  Hell, say it period.

• Love 7

Pretty much all the episodes this week have been boring, but today I saw the light. Between Liam making a Photoshop Franken-Steffy (shade???) and the whole Forrester/Spencer clan gathering to celebrate the greatest love of this month/our time, I give up. Too much stupid.

• Love 5

Today was laughable. Like come on. Who becomes a Photoshop expert when they open the programme?

I just can't watch the greatest love of the day. Wyatt is pathetic. So is she. Mumma Taylor needs to come assess her child and explain why she's so hard up for love.

Too much stupid in one day.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 6

OMG Steffy's hair was the worst ever and she has had some very bad hair days.  I wanted to reach through the screen and pull out those blonde extensions too!!  She has the most plastic face I have seen in a long time.  There was a time when she could look attractive but not anymore, she has gone too far.

• Love 4

Steff was acting like she was going to her own funeral not wedding.

I cannot get over Quinnsane all giddy and happy for Wyatt, while Deacon swims with the fishes and Liam is brain damaged.

• Love 6

I kindasorta liked Steffy's hair, but it still seemed weird on her.  Then again, she had to trump that with a wedding dress with a thigh-high slit--which is still a massive improvement over anything bridal she's sported before this, sad to say.

OTOH, Liam trying to Photoshop together his "mystery woman" would have been a total hot mess if not for the awesome BGM tied to it.

• Love 5

I have never understood why a show that's supposed to be about the fashion industry and 'couture' can be so consistently out of fashion.  No wonder LA is NOT considered the fashion capital of the world.  The clothes they wear on the show might be the hit of the galleria, but 'high fashion' it ain't.

When Steffy came walking down the aisle, my first thought was 'who put that poor poodle in such an ugly dress?'

• Love 5

Isn't that the same suit Wyatt wore when he married Hope?

Katie having a backup stash was funny-sad (girlfriend's an alkie, but an alkie who believes in contingency planning?).

It's not unusual for alcoholics to have multiple bottles hidden around the places they live, work, hang out, etc. For one, people would notice if they kept going to the same place for what would come to look like an odd or sneaky reason. For two, if a given stash gets discovered they still have backups they can use. What I thought was weird was that Katie'd have two bottles stashed so close together. It would make more sense if she had them in different parts of the house and/or at the office. Ditto comments upthread, was she planning on finding excuses to stay in the kitchen?

• Love 3

When Katie headed to the door today, while the others were swilling champagne, I thought maybe she was headed out to the car to take a nip out of a flask in her purse. I thought she was over-dressed for a beach wedding, but she looked great.

I actually didn't find fault with Steffy's wedding attire. That dress was fine for a beach wedding. I think the tight crimping was so that by the time she got to the altar, that the wind and humidity would have relaxed her hair into the trendy "beachy waves." Her hair looked a lot looser when she was walking towards Wyatt. I'm confused because yesterday her hair was shorter, straighter and darker (and looked much better.) Today the ombre extensions were back.

Whose turn will it be to play "spin the Beata bottle" next? I guess we're down to Steffy, Caroline or Maya. I guess Nicole could go alcoholic after the Raya baby is born and she can retroactively drown her sorrows over being dumped by Zende.

Yeah, I was waiting for Deacon to wash ashore right when the wedding started. So that was Chaz Bono officiating? Was there some rationale for casting him? (I didn't even know he was an actor.) That would have made more sense at the Maya/Rick nuptials or even to christen baby Raya (if it doesn't tock.) ????

• Love 4

Steffy's drss was so 1990's. Which ain't a good thing. Although, the outdoors looked really pretty. I will give BB credit. He really uses on location shoots to show the California life. I wonder if if B&B ran into the cast of Days when they were o. The beach. Oh, wait! Days is 20 months ahead and did their beach shoot years ago. LOL!!!!

• Love 4

What a hot messSteffy-mirror-wedding-day-BB-HW.jpg

Hey, she wore white this time! :D

But seriously, given her other wedding dresses, this one is in the realm of what a real person would wear and is actually flattering. I can't be mad tonight :p

• Love 7

Today was laughable. Like come on. Who becomes a Photoshop expert when they open the programme?

Liam doesn't know his own name, but he can summon previous-life computer skills and paste together a face out of his sputtering memory?

Yup.

I just can't watch the greatest love of the day. Wyatt is pathetic. So is she. Mumma Taylor needs to come assess her child and explain why she's so hard up for love.

I think Taylor cheaped out on that bouquet -- An opinion on the wedding from the out-of-town Mother of the Bride?

Too much stupid in one day.

Too much stupid on one show.

Not enough vodka.

• Love 6

I kindasorta liked Steffy's hair, but it still seemed weird on her.  Then again, she had to trump that with a wedding dress with a thigh-high slit--which is still a massive improvement over anything bridal she's sported before this, sad to say.

Her hair was fried. The crotch-tacularity of the carwash panels in the skirt was typical attention-getting for Steffy, but the ruching on the bodice did her no favors.

Grrrl should stay out of natural light -- Yipe! 

I have never understood why a show that's supposed to be about the fashion industry and 'couture' can be so consistently out of fashion.  No wonder LA is NOT considered the fashion capital of the world.  The clothes they wear on the show might be the hit of the galleria, but 'high fashion' it ain't.

When Steffy came walking down the aisle, my first thought was 'who put that poor poodle in such an ugly dress?'

Pathetic isn't it? Daughter of main designer of non-existent minor fashion house wears wedding dress rejected by David's Bridal in 2002.

B&B hasn't had a decent fashion SL in months, while the rest of the fashion world marches ever-on down the runway, season after season.

• Love 10

Did Ridge or Eric design the dress du jour? Usually, they make some huge production out of one of the two (usually Eric) appearing out of nowhere with a garment bag at the last minute. (The assumption being that he and the poor cutting and sewing room employees pulled an all-nighter.)

If I were some of these parents (looking at Ridge and Bill) I'd have some serious concerns if my kids who were still under 30 were marching down the aisle for the third or fourth time. I know that Ridge tried to drive that point home with his "marry in haste" missive to Wyatt, but it obviously fell on deaf ears.

The best I can hope for is a drunken Katie at the wedding reception.

Yeah, Liam with his magic Photoshop skills was hilarious

• Love 6

I just finished watching, and I think death row inmates look happier than Steffy.

I thought Katie's dress looked more like a silver dive suit.

In this day and age, why hasn't Liam wondered why he's not in possession of a cell phone? Doesn't everyone in LaLa land own a cell phone?

Wyatt's suit looked more like something Sammy Davis Jr wore in Vegas in the 1960's.

• Love 7
(edited)

Wyatt...is he a son of a writer or director because he is AWFUL...acting wise and he's just weaselly looking...ick! I don't usually watch this show because I could never stomach Ridge and Brooke and now we have this weasel. Also, does Ridge know that his new baby is really his grandbaby? Does Thomas know? Why is cute young Caroline with icky old Ridge (this new Ridge isn't any better that the last)?  Gross!

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 4

Why aren't Steffy and Wyatt together in that picture?  Trying to tell us something, show?

I won't even lie, though: Liam trying to figure out his "mystery woman" was fully elevated to awesomely bad schlock status almost entirely by the lopsided camera work and, more importantly, the recurring epic dramatic BGM.  Seriously--they may run the risk of overusing it and killing its buzz, but it's the best BGM the show's got right now and it's far better than this mess deserves.

• Love 5

Ok, Bill C.  'Splain what is BGM?  Catching up on eps today and waaay too much to snark on (and y'all have summed it up so well anyway).  Mr. Songbird caught a glimpse of Steffy this morning and wondered WTH she had done to her face.  He's not a watcher and rolls his eyes at me for being one.

"Hello....I'm OhioSongbird and I'm an addict".  I just can't quit you B&B.

• Love 4

BGM stands for background music.  It's kind of funny that B&B seems to be on a roll with regards to theirs while Y&R seems to be stagnating, but I digress...

The one advantage to the location shoot was that JMW didn't have her usual ten pounds of makeup on, which really accentuates the work she's had done...but then they had to go fry her hair, just to make sure she'd never look good.  She still looked leagues better than she usually does, though...almost fresh-faced, even.

• Love 4

Speaking of Y&R, Steffy's dress looked like it was designed by Chelsea 2.0.

With all those dresses available at their boutiques, I wonder why she couldn't come up with anything better. But it was the best one Steffy wore so far.

• Love 7

I love Rena Sofer and I think only she could make Quinn work as a character.  But this Liamnesiac SL has pushed the character into a corner and I don't see a way out. Quinn has moved right into murderous sociopath territory and there is no coming back from that.  She has, according to what we've seen and heard, murdered 2 people. That's 2 people we know of.  

And both of those murders were to get Wyatt what he wanted.  Senor Montemayor and the HFTF diamond caper was so Wyatt could have the love of his life -- Hope.  Deacon was so Wyatt can have the new love of his life -- Steffy. What happens when Liam's memory returns and he wants to go to Steffy?

I think it's highly likely, despite her "love" for Liam, that Quinn won't hesitate to try to murder him to keep him away from Steffy. Her overriding goal is to get Wyatt everything she thinks he wants and so much the better if those things were once Liam's. Wyatt now has Liam's girl, his job, and his place as #1 son.  Quinn will do anything, even murder, to protect that.  

Here's my fearless prediction.

Quinn begins keeping Liam a prisoner for real as he starts to remember more and more.  Hope, worried because Liam has just vanished (which is sooo unlike him), comes to Bell A to look for him.  Charlie shows her the security footage and she goes to Bill.  Bill  *finally* is concerned and puts Justin on the case.  Wyatt and Steffy are so wrapped up in each other they pay no attention.  However, Wyatt begins to question Quinn's sketchy behavior and her new guy story and realizes she has Liam hidden away somewhere. Wyatt confronts her and she admits it, justifying that it was all for him

Quinn gets more and more worried and desperate as Liam remembers more and more. Between Justin, Charlie, Hope and a surprise appearance of Not-Dead Deacon at the last minute, they save Liam just as Quinn is about to do him in,  Liam is taken to the hospital, Quinn to jail.  An operation fixes Liam remaining memory lapses. Deacon tells his story (leaving out helping Quinn). Steffy rushes to the hospital, Wyatt right behind her.

Liam confronts and rages at Steffy and everyone else about not looking for him and then this rushed marriage to Wyatt and Bill giving everything of Liam's to his brother.  Steffy leaves in tears.  She and Wyatt fight over Liam's return and it comes out that Wyatt has known for weeks Quinn has Liam but said nothing. The future of their oh so permanent forever marriage is in doubt as Steffy says she doesn't know if she can trust Wyatt, because he's not the man she thought he was. At this point Steffy may or not be pregnant,

Think maybe they'd hire me to write?  :)

• Love 9

I thought Liam's Etch-a-Sketch woman looked more like Ivy than Steffy, especially the eyebrows and lips.

Chaz should have invited is mother along to at least serenade the newlyweds or something. That would have been awesome! I could see Cher and Quinn bonding immediately.

• Love 6
(edited)
She still looked leagues better than she usually does, though...almost fresh-faced, even.

Yeah, except for the hair and the dress I thought she looked pretty good for a change. I also thought $Bill looked like a radiant sun god. Katie cracked me up though. I guess she's planning to hit da club after the ceremony?

Wyatt...is he a son of a writer or director because he is AWFUL...acting wise and he's just weaselly looking...ick!

While I was watching the show today there was a teaser for tonight's Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Apparently Steve Buscemi is one of the scheduled guests. I keep thinking that if Hollywood ever does a Steve Buscemi biopic, DB should be a shoo-in for the role.

Poor Liam's memory is still shaky if that's the best he can do as an image of Steffy. The mouth was all wrong, I thought. Steffy's lips are at least 40 psi.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 7