Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I’m starting to resent Hope for putting herself in this situation. 

How stupid is it to travel so far along in the pregnancy, on top of that alone and in bad weather? To a local island beach hotel, when she lives by beaches, hotels, and family has luxurious mansions, so she put her life and baby’s wellbeing at risk to do what she could do at home 😒

Why didn’t they just go to Big Bear like everyone else. I can’t stand where this storyline seems to be going. It’s too cruel. Back to not watching.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I can't help but wonder if maybe the guy demanding the money from Dr Shady will end up doing something to Zoe.  

Hide contents

I thought word was that Xander will be leaving due to his being cast in a movie, which would leave Zoe with less to do than she already has.

If that something gets her off my screen, I'm here for it.

• Love 10

Kind of hoping Liam’s helicopter crashes in the Pacific.  Pilots don’t refuse to fly in treacherous conditions because they’re wusses.  It’s because they could very easily die.  Nevertheless, despite the professionals telling him it’s not possible, Liam maintains his screechy need to rush out there ASAP, risking his life to be with a wife and baby who are under a doctor’s care, potentially leaving his older daughter fatherless.  Idiot.  

• Love 6

Did I miss something between the end of yesterday’s episode and today’s?  Maybe I fell asleep and missed the actual birth?  Last I saw Hope fainted.  Today Liam’s there and the baby’s dead.  WTF?  And the next commercial is Dr. Shady handing someone balloons and a check for Publisher’s Clearinghouse. This is more than I can deal with.

Edited by MotherInLaw
  • Love 12

I've harped on SC before, & I'm sure I will again (although, for the most part, SC is pretty good, it's Liam that's the shit-for-brains I just can't deal with). Today, though, he broke me. Anyone could've guessed how this storyline was going to go, especially after seeing SC's face at the beginning & hearing him say "she looked like an angel". Ugh, I sobbed today, I'm not ashamed. It was painful. However, super good idea to leave the heavy lifting to him & not Hope's portrayer, - I'm too lazy to look up her initials. This is probably his best work since finding out that not only had Steffy cheated, but that she'd ridden the stallion. It was the first time I've felt any emotion from B&B in forever. That'll be his Emmy reel, obviously.

I really thought we'd see Dr. Shady, on a phone call, holding a perfectly healthy Beth at the end of the episode. I'm probably thinking more about this than the writers have or will, but I can't figure out how Dr. Shady is going to get the baby to Taylor/Steffy, & get the money, but keep it from Hope completely. No way Hope won't be suspicious that her baby died in his care, & suddenly, he's involved in giving a new baby to Steffy. Any guesses?  

• Love 6

The actual birth wasn't shown on camera, but conventional wisdom has it there was a baby switch, yet to be revealed.  I'm assuming there'll be flashbacks galore next week

It was cruel the way Liam let Hope go on and on about Beth before telling her what happened.

I'm guessing the doctor will tell Taylor that he knows of an infant available for immediate adoption in exchange for $200K and total discretion.  Taylor will then gift the baby to Steffi for a New Year's Day present, making up some sad tale of an unwed mother.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, nkotb said:

I've harped on SC before, & I'm sure I will again (although, for the most part, SC is pretty good, it's Liam that's the shit-for-brains I just can't deal with). Today, though, he broke me. Anyone could've guessed how this storyline was going to go, especially after seeing SC's face at the beginning & hearing him say "she looked like an angel". Ugh, I sobbed today, I'm not ashamed. It was painful. However, super good idea to leave the heavy lifting to him & not Hope's portrayer, - I'm too lazy to look up her initials. This is probably his best work since finding out that not only had Steffy cheated, but that she'd ridden the stallion. It was the first time I've felt any emotion from B&B in forever. That'll be his Emmy reel, obviously.

I really thought we'd see Dr. Shady, on a phone call, holding a perfectly healthy Beth at the end of the episode. I'm probably thinking more about this than the writers have or will, but I can't figure out how Dr. Shady is going to get the baby to Taylor/Steffy, & get the money, but keep it from Hope completely. No way Hope won't be suspicious that her baby died in his care, & suddenly, he's involved in giving a new baby to Steffy. Any guesses?  

Agreed about the acting. SC and AN did a wonderful job. On the rare occasion that SC gets some actual work to do he's very good and it makes me even more angry that they leave Liam to be a useless stale waffle most of the time. AN isn't the strongest actress but I thought she did really well with Hope's emotional rollercoaster and slow realization. 

• Love 16

Seems odd to me they'd choose to do such a sad 8000th episode. Guess they're saving the fun for the 10000th. 🙄

All I have to say is this: Liam and Hope are going to have an autopsy done, right? Or would that be considered too macabre or pointless? Whatever, that'd probably be the quickest way for them to find out the baby Dr. Buckingham handed Hope is not theirs.

The Hope Haters must be dancing in the streets right about now.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 4

I just knew the writers were going to do this but I hated it anyway. As much as I’ve ragged on AN’s acting abilities, she brought it today with SC. Can’t wait until they get their baby from Steffy. Please,please don’t drag this out forever!!

• Love 13

Does Stuffy have the same thing that Y&R Victor has written into his contract that they don't loose.  It looks like Stuffy will have two babies and Hope will have none.  

I'm not a big fan of this story line. It's far too cruel for my taste.  I had the same problem with Y&R when Sage and Nick seemingly lost their baby.  I'm hoping that TIIC will redeem themselves in the upcoming weeks. 

I have to say that AN is a better crier than moaner.  SC was excellent today also. 

• Love 14

I wonder if Dr. Shady will make the deal with Taylor, but pretend that baby is not yet born.  Thus having the adoption happen a ways down the road.  Otherwise this is too absurd, that Hope's baby dies and five minutes later Steffy adopts a newborn.

The real question is, will Liam decide that since Beth died, and Steffy now has two babies to care for, that it is Waffle Time again?

• Love 6

All those Steffy/Taylor fans that have been screaming for baby blood must be pouring the champagne now.  I wonder what the reaction will be if Bell has the guts to remind them of some B&B history.  Like the fact that, unlike their fave, Liam WASN'T with Hope because she was pregnant.  If I recall correctly, Liam dumped Hauxdilox the second after she miscarried.  How will the lunatic fringe react if the death of their baby brought Liam and Hope even closer?  I doubt it's going to happen because Hope needs to suffer ALL THE FUCKING TIME.  If she's not paying for the circumstances of her conception, she's paying for being a better person than Hauxdilox ever DREAMED of being.

I'm glad I'm not watching.

• Love 12
Just now, mightysparrow said:

All those Steffy/Taylor fans that have been screaming for baby blood must be pouring the champagne now.

They'll be screaming again when Stuffy breastfeeds and bonds with Dope's baby and has to give it back, kicking and screaming and then has some sort of weird meltdown a la Katie's post-partum disappearance. But most likely more dramatic, and with less crying (because no one cries more than Katie; I don't think it's physically possible).

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

They'll be screaming again when Stuffy breastfeeds and bonds with Dope's baby and has to give it back, kicking and screaming and then has some sort of weird meltdown a la Katie's post-partum disappearance. But most likely more dramatic, and with less crying (because no one cries more than Katie; I don't think it's physically possible).

I feel sorry for any poor baby that has to suck on all that poison Hauxdi has coursing through her slatternly veins.

• Love 4

How long are they planning to do this story? JMW will be giving birth and going on maternity leave within the next few months. If the switch is discovered before she leaves, it won't be enough time for her to bond with money bought stolen baby? If the switch isn't discovered, is she going to take off with both babies, while Liam mourns Beth and won't have Kelly around?

This is a stupid storyline because there is no real build up for the switch. If Steffy had started the adoption idea months ago when she found out that Liam and Hope were having a baby together, or even as they neared Lope wedding. There are no stakes involved and any emotions that Steffy will feel about returning the baby to her rightful parents, will be superficial at best.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, MotherInLaw said:

Did I miss something between the end of yesterday’s episode and today’s?  Maybe I fell asleep and missed the actual birth?  Last I saw Hope fainted.  Today Liam’s there and the baby’s dead.  WTF? 

Yeah, it was a big jump...Liam getting a flight out to Catalina...Hope passing out & then suddenly Liam is there? I thought at first it was a dream that Liam was having after his chopper ditched in the cold waters. He dreamt that because he wasn't there for Hope the baby didn't make it. Kept waiting for him to be brought into the clinic beside Hope & then wake up to see her holding the baby.

I really hate this crappy storyline of thinking they lost their baby (#2 for Hope!!) while Hauxdi has her "precious baby girl" after offing one cousin & almost offing her other cousin.

1 minute ago, Gam2 said:

This whole story line is absurd and unnecessary. Why are we all trying to make sense of it?

You make a good point Gam2.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, bannana said:

The real question is, will Liam decide that since Beth died, and Steffy now has two babies to care for, that it is Waffle Time again?

I much fear that's exactly what's going to happen.  Then when they find out the baby is actually Beth, waffle time again!

• Love 7

I don’t watch the full show anymore and usually only watch the Friday epsisode in full. I knew about the “death” of thbaby storyline be hinted about for a while. The question I have is that everyone (mostly) think Taylor is going to get the baby for Steffy or Steffy is somehow going to adopt the baby but has Steffy even hinted that she wants another baby? Is Taylor miraculously going to adopt a baby out of the blue? Has it been said that she wants a baby? Thanks in advance. My New Years resolution is to actually watch the full episodes of B&B from now on.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I don’t watch the full show anymore and usually only watch the Friday epsisode in full. I knew about the “death” of thbaby storyline be hinted about for a while. The question I have is that everyone (mostly) think Taylor is going to get the baby for Steffy or Steffy is somehow going to adopt the baby but has Steffy even hinted that she wants another baby? Is Taylor miraculously going to adopt a baby out of the blue? Has it been said that she wants a baby? Thanks in advance. My New Years resolution is to actually watch the full episodes of B&B from now on.

A lot of your questions are answered and discussed in thread. Not trying to be rude I just think reading a page or 2 is helpful. Yes Steffy wants to adopt an infant daughter cuz Hope doesn’t want her baby to be around Steffy’s mom, Taylor, who lives with her. Taylor is unstable and violent and hates Hope btw.  Steffy was a twin so had envisioned the sisters bonding and shit and when Hope expresses reasonable concern about her child being around crazy bitch Taylor, Steffy said fuck it then I’ll adopt a sibling for my golden child. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

A lot of your questions are answered and discussed in thread. Not trying to be rude I just think reading a page or 2 is helpful. Yes Steffy wants to adopt an infant daughter cuz Hope doesn’t want her baby to be around Steffy’s mom, Taylor, who lives with her. Taylor is unstable and violent and hates Hope btw.  Steffy was a twin so had envisioned the sisters bonding and shit and when Hope expresses reasonable concern about her child being around crazy bitch Taylor, Steffy said fuck it then I’ll adopt a sibling for my golden child. 

Thanks. This in turn will make Hope crazy. Such fun!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Prediction...Taylor figures out the baby is really Beth & gives her back to her real parents and that is what redeems her.

So hope you’re right!

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Gam2 said:
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Prediction...Taylor figures out the baby is really Beth & gives her back to her real parents and that is what redeems her.

So hope you’re right!

Even though I don't like Taylor, I'd like to see her redeemed somehow.  The reason I never liked her is that I always saw her as a hypocrite, but in real life there are plenty of people who are hypocrites, but that doesn't make them evil.  Taylor turning into a baby napper who shoots people in the back was stupid contrived drama for the sake of drama.

• Love 7

So is the baby really dead or did Dr. Wayne Brady switch babies with the woman from earlier? and let me guess Steffy will some how end up adopting "Beth".  I also predict Hope will believe that to be her baby and everyone else will be calling her crazy. 

I knew as soon as Liam walked in that the baby was dead. Seemed odd for Liam to let Hope go on and on without telling her. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Even though I don't like Taylor, I'd like to see her redeemed somehow.  The reason I never liked her is that I always saw her as a hypocrite, but in real life there are plenty of people who are hypocrites, but that doesn't make them evil.  Taylor turning into a baby napper who shoots people in the back was stupid contrived drama for the sake of drama.

This. People loved her for her more rational behavior. Between shooting Bill in cold blood and being involved with a baby switch, that puts her firmly in Sheila territory.

• Love 4

Also Dr Buckingham is irredeemable in my eyes. It was stupid of Bell to put him and Taylor in opening credits if they are going to be doing this heartless shit. Actually the only way Taylor or Steffy will be redeemed for me if if one of them find out the baby is Beth and reunite her with Hope then shoot Dr Buckingham. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Also Dr Buckingham is irredeemable in my eyes. It was stupid of Bell to put him and Taylor in opening credits if they are going to be doing this heartless shit.

Right? That sort of cruelty literally ruined Adam Newman's viability to the point that not even a (long overdue) recast was able to truly save the character. Why do this for any character that TIIC plan to keep after this story?

I can't believe they would even go there with Taylor of all people. Not because she's any sort of saint, but because she loves pretending to be the victim as others (like Stephanie) do the dirty shit that she just so happens to benefit from. Even the outright shooting of Bill was just so OOC, even for the unhinged lunatic she's been pretty much since Ridge left her over the James boink.

At least the cover story won't be nearly in the realm of stupidity as the Ashley/Sharon switch on Y&R, where somehow Ashley didn't realize that she hadn't just pushed out a HUGE looking baby. I've never delivered a baby, but from those who have had even scheduled C-sections that never pushed at all, you don't just "feel really good" down there afterward. :/

ETA: Although I wonder that, assuming Taylor is not in this from the outset, TPTB will have this come out when baby Beth comes down with whatever illness if was that struck baby Jack all those years ago...that same immune-thing that both Brooke and Nick were carriers for, and the gene ended up passed to Hope unknowingly. That or some other illness that only Hope or Liam's DNA can help fix.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 6

Bell is so predictable.  Now that Hope's baby is dead, she will at some point insist that Liam needs to be with Steffy and Kelly.  Once Liam and Steffy get back together, it will then be revealed that Steffy's new adopted baby is actually Beth.  Liam will be furious thinking Steffy knew the truth all along.  Liam will run back to Hope, Steffy will prove she didn't know the truth about Beth, Liam will waffle again, and so on and so on.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Bell is so predictable.  Now that Hope's baby is dead, she will at some point insist that Liam needs to be with Steffy and Kelly.  Once Liam and Steffy get back together, it will then be revealed that Steffy's new adopted baby is actually Beth.  Liam will be furious thinking Steffy knew the truth all along.  Liam will run back to Hope, Steffy will prove she didn't know the truth about Beth, Liam will waffle again, and so on and so on.

Rinse. Launder. Repeat.

• Love 3

Great recap @CountryGirl 🌟

This story is just too dark and twisted for my liking. It’s one thing to be a golddigging gigalo. It’s another to actually harm a baby and shatter a family. Does anyone else think Dr Buckingham isn’t a real doctor? Like maybe he has false credentials or even is an identity thief. It’s kinda telling no one was at the clinic to verify his identity or credentials and he seems really weird in his bedside manner and decisions. He could die for all I care and I hope his strange looking daughter fucks off too. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

Absolutely...but they did this to Amber, who lost a son and a daughter with Rick. 

Did they? If you're talking about Rosie, I thought the only thing in doubt was the paternity but she never thought the baby was dead at any point.

Still, the recaps alone gut me and I haven't even watched the episode...mostly because Hope *is* an entirely decent person. The plot wasn't as ridiculously stupid like the Ashley/Sharon story on Y&R, the mother wasn't pulling her own ass covering shit like Sage was about covering Christian's paternity, and she wasn't like ATWT's Jennifer who set up the father to lose custody out of her own embarrassment for having slept with the guy (and also partially the reason the guy lost his other son but I digress).

Hope was just a victim of circumstance and even for how awful a brat she could be in the past, she didn't deserve this. Hell, that's not something I'd wish on goddamn Steffy, no matter how better off Kelly would be raised by...anyone else.

I'm already preemptively pissed off that Liam's probably gonna choose this time to start waffling back to Steffy, because ofc he will. It's been smooth sailing for way too long.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Anna Yolei said:

I'm already preemptively pissed off that Liam's probably gonna choose this time to start waffling back to Steffy, because ofc he will. It's been smooth sailing for way too long.

And we all know that Hope and Liam are going to have marital problems as they try to get over the death of their baby.  Hope will 'drive Liam away', which will let both Liam and that horrible slattern off the hook.  And that horror-show that is Taylor will take a victory lap when her daughter 'wins' out over the Logans, making sure to roll over Hope and Liam's dead baby's tiny corpse, which will make their fans happy.

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

And we all know that Hope and Liam are going to have marital problems as they try to get over the death of their baby.  Hope will 'drive Liam away', which will let both Liam and that horrible slattern off the hook.  And that horror-show that is Taylor will take a victory lap when her daughter 'wins' out over the Logans, making sure to roll over Hope and Liam's dead baby's tiny corpse, which will make their fans happy.

They've set it up some groundwork in that in Liam staying behind to tend to Kelly that in the aftermath Hope will have reason to resent Liam 'not being there for her and Beth when they needed him'. Yes, Liam has a duty to Kelly and yes, the weather played a role, but Hope also put herself and her child in a precarious situation of taking a last minute babymoon to an island that required her to either take a boat or helicopter and even when the weather became a factor forged ahead with going alone in large part (IMO) because she was trying to redirect Liam's focus onto her and Beth. 

And that goes to the bigger picture with this couple. The loss of Beth is just another example of the same shitty problem between Lope. Since Steffy entered the picture, Liam's attention is always divided between Steffy and Hope with Steffy somehow always getting Liam when she wants him and Hope left standing around waiting for him and Liam showing up too little too late and with apologies and promises. Initially there was always an outside factor - Bill or Quinn - now we have the weather and Kelly and no Liam can't help it that these things take him away from Hope but THIS time with Hope losing Beth, I can see her finally being fed the hell up and just unleashing on Liam in a brutal breakdown fight where she blames him but also herself because if she wasn't so desperate to keep his attention she'd have never gone to that island and where she lost Beth. It was one thing when he kept failing her but he failed their daughter (in Hope's mind) and that is something she can't forgive. Again rationally Liam isn't guilty and yet I can agree he deserves Hope's wrath in this- and that's how their marriage will fall apart. Hope won't be able to take back what she said and Liam will never be able to forget it or forgive himself and leave because he doesn't want to bring her more pain.  He'll go back to an understanding Steffy to raise Kelly and the new baby.

And when Beth is revealed to be alive, the expectation will be that Hope and Liam reunite, but I'd love it if Hope shuts Liam down as she realizes now that she doesn't need him and his indecision in her life anymore; he's Beth's dad but they're not getting back together. Steffy's 'I choose me ' moment after finding Liam dry humping Hope could've worked if that was solely the issue between them but when you screw your baby's granddaddy/maybe daddy it's hard to be 100% in that person's corner. In any case, I feel like Hope has a better leg to stand on breaking the cycle and choosing herself and Beth and dropping Liam once this is all over. Knowing this show? Lope will be cooing over their Christmas miracle at their vow renewal ceremony in December 2019.

• Love 10
On 1/3/2019 at 1:42 PM, Waldo13 said:

As an aside, Coast Guard Helicopters fly in all types of weather. Maybe Bill could have used his influence to get them to fly Liam to Catalina. Long Beach has a Cost Guard station. In the world of B&B, that's not so far fetched.  

Ummm, Catalina Express, a ferry, offers up to 30 round trips daily. 

https://www.catalinaexpress.com/schedule-fares.html

It's only an hour to Catalina Island via ferry.

This show, I swear, tests insults my intelligence on a daily basis.

• Love 1

@CountryGirl, thank you for sharing; I know how difficult that can be. 

Still not watching, and after reading the comments here, and seeing those disturbing, unsettling, and very distressing screenshots; I don't see that changing. 

I have been watching soaps since the late sixties, so I get that there has to be good and bad stuff, but there also has to be some kind of karmic checks and balances. If the bad guy always wins; what is the point? I am absolutely fuming with this whole mess. Hope was living her life, and Ridge, in his never ending quest to best Bill, brought her back to LA. Now look at her. This is simply too much. And now in her grief and despair, she will have to watch Steffy have the blessing of two children. She will also no doubt lose Liam, either by her choice, or by his normal waffling procedure. 

My top ten statements regarding this SL:

Out of bounds

Wrong on every level

Too fucked up for words

Cruel, mean, and heartless

No fun to watch

The suckiest SL that ever sucked

Just absolutely pisses me off

Fucking wrong

Creepy

Shit ain't right

The really bad thing is, I can't even be mad at Steffy or Taylor; they will be the unknowing recipients of this crime too. Worst still, is that Steffy will ultimately, and once again, be viewed as the victim. I can say with unequivocal faith, that Hope will be burned at the stake for daring to want her child back. I can see it all now, a devastated Steffy, who has loved, and cared for, and bonded with this little girl, will have to hand her over to her real mother. Hope of course, will be seen as a heartless wench, who has once again taken something from Steffy. Brooke will also be dragged for supporting her daughter's right to motherhood. Taylor will be running amok, squawking to anyone who will listen about those evil Logan's, and how they will never stop interfering in her and her daughter's lives and happiness. 

I swear to God, I have blisters on my brain just thinking about it. 

Now, there is the small chance fucking Show can redeem themselves. If they let this be the final straw for Hope, and allow her to not only find, but embrace her inner bitch, and have her be done with Liam and Steffy and that whole friggin shit show? I think I could get behind that. I can't say Hope doesn't bear some responsibility here; she should not have gone anywhere in her state of pregnancy. But that still does not give Dr. Shady the right to mess with her life, and the life of her child. The fact is, Hope would not have felt the need to get Liam away if he had been focused on her and their unborn daughter. Yeah, so Kelly had the sniffles. Kelly also had Steffy, Ridge, Taylor and the Nanny. Oh yeah, and there is also that thing called a Pediatrician, or a doctor, or the emergency room, or the friggin Minute Clinic. Let Liam know of course, but take the baby to someone who can you know...…..make a damn diagnosis, prescribe some medicine. I don't think Liam looking concerned and cooing over Kelly is gonna help much. Let Hope see this. And let her see it with perfect forward thinking clarity. This is how it will always be. Liam being torn between two families, not being able to fully commit to either. It doesn't even have to be about the past; let it be about Hope wanting a better future. One that includes happiness, something she will never have for any measurable length of time with Liam. 

The other out Show has, is if Taylor discovers the truth, and does the right thing. It would ultimately be less satisfying than watching Hope be done, but it would right a terrible wrong, and it would put Beth back in her real mother's arms. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 15

Hope losing her baby is horrible.  I felt bad for Bridget and Steffy when they lost their babies, and sorry for Taylor when Steffy was kidnapped and believed dead, and Phoebe died.  However, when it comes to Liam and Ridge, Steffy, Taylor, Hope and Brooke knew what they were getting when they married the pathetic wafflers.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Initially there was always an outside factor - Bill or Quinn - now we have the weather and Kelly and no Liam can't help it that these things take him away

It's not so much the circumstances that piss me off so much as the way they've both chosen to respond to them. Liam's response to Hope throwing away her ring was to mack on her sister then marry her the next day. Hope's response to Liam showing up 5 minutes late to a wedding is to marry his brother who was just standing there. There's been a trend on soaps for couples breaking up over misunderstandings but in the past, there was also the occasional story where the couple chose to work together to overcome a problem. That this has been the longest peaceful period in all their nine attempts at marriage is telling.

24 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

The fact is, Hope would not have felt the need to get Liam away if he had been focused on her and their unborn daughter. Yeah, so Kelly had the sniffles. Kelly also had Steffy, Ridge, Taylor and the Nanny. Oh yeah, and there is also that thing called a Pediatrician, or a doctor, or the emergency room, or the friggin Minute Clinic. Let Liam know of course, but take the baby to someone who can you know...…..make a damn diagnosis, prescribe some medicine. I don't think Liam looking concerned and cooing over Kelly is gonna help much.

Exactly this. My brother has a child that's the result of an affair and I am blown away at how supportive and loving my sister-in-law can be towards a child under the situation (because God knows I would've bounced, high California rent market or not). But my brother does not drop everything for this kid because she gets sick and he doesn't neglect her just because his other two kids came first. And it's tough in a two-family situation. But it does mean missing some things. Little sniffles are not something to skip out a whole ass boat trip.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

The really bad thing is, I can't even be mad at Steffy or Taylor; they will be the unknowing recipients of this crime too. Worst still, is that Steffy will ultimately, and once again, be viewed as the victim.

Ugh, right. Like, she *will* have her hands clean this time, but you mentioned, what's the point when people skate on things they actually do? It's like when Eric has let literal decades of Ridge's shitty behavior past, but his line in the sand (before the Quinn thing) came with Ridge covering Douglas's paternity and booting his position on some morality clause that he didn't bother pulling out of his ass when Ridge slept with yet another one of his brother's wives or when Rick fired a gun at him for it less than a year before. That's just fucking hollow, just like the torture Quinn put Liam through.

Steffy losing a child that she bonds with is not what I'm here for, and even less so when it's a quick and cheap way of redeeming a character that hasn't even begun to atone for or feel any remorse for any of the shit she's done to everyone she knows. When she feels an ounce of guilt over splitting up Thomas and Sally and maybe costing him a potential family or for the hundreds of times she's thrown her cooch in Liam's face for no other reason than because she hated that Hope existed, Bell can call me.

1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

The other out Show has, is if Taylor discovers the truth, and does the right thing. It would ultimately be less satisfying than watching Hope be done, but it would right a terrible wrong, and it would put Beth back in her real mother's arms. 

I would honestly prefer this to another round of Steffy the Martyr. Taylor is a legacy character that--BTS drama aside--has been dragged through the ringer. Out of all the veteran characters, I'd say she's the least recognizable from her original role. She could use a little bit of brass polish for that tarnished halo of hers.

Absolutely I'm down with Hope being entirely done with Liam, but I have better odds from waking up to six inches of snow in San Diego tomorrow than I do of ever seeing her or Steffy leave this useless waffle's orbit permanently.

• Love 9