Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

On 5/29/2022 at 8:56 PM, Irate Panda said:

It’s probably not as tiring when you have a Nanny, the Nanny’s husband, 3 grown children living at home, a s****** dancing husband, a horribly-dressed distant ex-sisterwife supplying your family with stale Rice Krispie treats, and a slew of Precious Moments collectibles to help.

This reminds me of a scene I re-watched yesterday.  Grody had rented a large house for Christmas in Vegas and they needed to pack up their cars.  Meri complains about having to do it alone and Robyn, with her *3* kids, says she has no help and it was great having older boys come help her.  Hello Sobbin!  You have 3 extra pairs of hands.  She expects nothing from her children.  Watching again reminded me of what a conniver she is.

• Love 13

The Chyn IS definitely a conniving piece of work!  She plays the helpless female role to perfection, and it always works on Neanderthal Doofus Kootie.  Her hand is up Kootie's ass big time.  Why it took Christine years to finally make a run for it, I'll never understand.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

This reminds me of a scene I re-watched yesterday.  Grody had rented a large house for Christmas in Vegas and they needed to pack up their cars.  Meri complains about having to do it alone and Robyn, with her *3* kids, says she has no help and it was great having older boys come help her.  Hello Sobbin!  You have 3 extra pairs of hands.  She expects nothing from her children.  Watching again reminded me of what a conniver she is.

And what about that scene where everybody was waiting for her and she was still tediously slowly filling up plastic bags with vitamins etc in the kitchen while complaining about lots of  things and how Ari and Sol needed whatever it was they needed?
Was it the day they were moving out of Vegas? That whole house was a mess and she was nowhere near to moving….

• Love 12
(edited)
On 5/29/2022 at 1:01 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Thanks @Joan of Argh ..  Robyn is certainly THICK in the middle and that almost looks like a maternity top. 

I don't think she's actually pregnant but she's not doing herself any favors in that top.

Robyn is such a hypocrite, I thought she said she'd NEVER go to a bar 🙄

Liar. liar maternity pants on fire! 🔥

Edited by Dustbunny
autocorrect
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

Hmmm Kody sure likes his wives to carry a few extra pounds… who says he’s not sneakily encouraging her to gain weight?🤔 Easily done by denying she looks big and emphasising she looks amazing as she is. (And keep feeding her)

Yeah, I know, wild guess maybe but look at the old pictures of Christine and Janelle. They were plus- plus size women when he married them. Also, he did little to stop Meri from gaining those pounds (probably because of indifference, but still) 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, LilyD said:

And what about that scene where everybody was waiting for her and she was still tediously slowly filling up plastic bags with vitamins etc in the kitchen while complaining about lots of  things and how Ari and Sol needed whatever it was they needed?
Was it the day they were moving out of Vegas? That whole house was a mess and she was nowhere near to moving….

I don't understand this.  It's moving day.  Why don't you have Grandma and Grandpa watch the little's for the day.  That way you don't have to be slowed down by keeping an eye on them and taking care of them.  Then again, it's not like they were putting the houses on the market anytime soon, so they were probably only taking what they needed at the time.  Coming back latter for the other stuff.  Would have been the ideal time to rent a large dumpster and for everyone to get rid of things they don't need, because Christine and Janelle both had to go down to smaller houses.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, LilyD said:

Hmmm Kody sure likes his wives to carry a few extra pounds… who says he’s not sneakily encouraging her to gain weight?🤔 Easily done by denying she looks big and emphasising she looks amazing as she is. (And keep feeding her)

Yeah, I know, wild guess maybe but look at the old pictures of Christine and Janelle. They were plus- plus size women when he married them. Also, he did little to stop Meri from gaining those pounds (probably because of indifference, but still) 

That white top is doing Robyn no favours, that’s for sure. It’s a terrible choice to wear in a dance bar with that kind of lighting. A snug, long sleeve dark coloured top would have been much better. 

I didn’t believe Kody when he (along with the other wives) claim he “doesn’t like thin women”. He sure went nuts for Robyn, and let’s not forget the bullying of Christine when she was stuffing her face with nachos — Kody said it was a major turnoff.

I suspect the other wives like to think he doesn’t like thin women to make themselves feel better. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

I read, maybe on CJ's blog that Robyn had problems during Ari's birth. That she has diastasis recti, an abdominal muscle separation that causes belly pooch. Jmo, but I think she would have trimmed down after her last pregnancy if possible. You know, cause she's a TV star.

• Useful 8
38 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I read, maybe on CJ's blog that Robyn had problems during Ari's birth. That she has diastasis recti, an abdominal muscle separation that causes belly pooch. Jmo, but I think she would have trimmed down after her last pregnancy if possible. You know, cause she's a TV star.

I remember her confirming that on social media somewhere! I'm also surprised she didn't have it fixed, unless it would take too much money from her knick-knack habit.

Snark aside, I remember reading about it 1,000 years ago when I was pregnant. It can cause back or hip pain, urine leaking, and a lot of other issues, depending on severity. One would think it would be the wiser course to have it repaired. If she's in pain, it could be why she looks so miserable all the time. Well, another reason, besides the being married to Kody misery.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)

History clearly shows us that the Browns only opt for medical treatment when they have absolutely no other choice left. I’m thinking of Maddie’s appendectomy, Truely’s kidney failure and Dayton’s  major eye issues that had a huge impact on his vision/functioning. So Robyn will probably have to become seriously ill from it before they opt for surgery.

If they see another option that is cheaper, they’ll go for it, no matter how stupid, irresponsible or cruel. The saddest examples to me are the horrible treatments they put Ysabel through with her back and Maddie not choosing to give birth in a hospital despite knowing the baby had some  serious medical issues. 

And I know we discussed this a lot; health insurance is expensive. But this family has never had any issues with committing to hugely expensive and luxurious rentals (particularly Robyn and Meri) Some more responsible choices would definitely have left financial room to have at least some of the kids insured!

Edited by LilyD
  • Like 1
  • Love 14
20 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Snark aside, I remember reading about it 1,000 years ago when I was pregnant. It can cause back or hip pain, urine leaking, and a lot of other issues, depending on severity. One would think it would be the wiser course to have it repaired. If she's in pain, it could be why she looks so miserable all the time. Well, another reason, besides the being married to Kody misery.

It doesn't always cause those problems.  As you say it depends on severity.  I've had it for for years and years and have none of those problems due to it.  I do have some osteoarthritis, but that's not related.  Then again, it could be causing her some issues or she's just a sour type person when being filmed.  She seems fine in candid shots with Kody.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

My guess is that she's in perimenopause and her hormones are changing/have changed over the past few years. Weight gain becomes easier during this period, and weight loss harder. And we all know how much she likes to work, so.... 

• Like 7
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

So now that the Brown family is polyg in name only, will Robyn and Kody be searching for another wife? 😉 Robyn went on and on about how she "signed up to be a polyg wife and how having Kody around so much is too stressful". 🤥

I think Meri should start scouting for another wife for Kody and her BFF sisterwife. 🤭 I think a slender blonde in her 30s would be ideal.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So now that the Brown family is polyg in name only, will Robyn and Kody be searching for another wife? 😉 Robyn went on and on about how she "signed up to be a polyg wife and how having Kody around so much is too stressful". 🤥

I think Meri should start scouting for another wife for Kody and her BFF sisterwife. 🤭 I think a slender blonde in her 30s would be ideal.

Yes!  I want to see RobChyn's square head explode!  C'mon, Kootie, you suckered in four women.  You may get lucky again.  TV fame whore chicks are out there (Seeking Sister Wife.)  It's crossover time!

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yes!  I want to see RobChyn's square head explode!  C'mon, Kootie, you suckered in four women.  You may get lucky again.  TV fame whore chicks are out there (Seeking Sister Wife.)  It's crossover time!

Would like to see some actual courting.  Unlike the one time they show Kody going to visit.  Just from some of the other accounts I've read, about other families that have met potential new sister wives.  It is very uncomfortable.  There is no way it could be happy.  Another woman is coming in and you will have even less time with your husband.  But you are expected to be happy about it.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Would like to see some actual courting.  Unlike the one time they show Kody going to visit.  Just from some of the other accounts I've read, about other families that have met potential new sister wives.  It is very uncomfortable.  There is no way it could be happy.  Another woman is coming in and you will have even less time with your husband.  But you are expected to be happy about it.

Polygamy truly is a man's world.  Men have a variety of wives to spend time with, all vying for his favor by attempting to outshine the others as mothers, homemakers and in the sack.

What's in it for the women?  Swallow your pride and dignity?  Develop a bond with the other women?  Share in housekeeping and child rearing?

I managed to raise 3 kids born within 3 years, keep an orderly home and for bonding with other women I had cousins and friends. One friend of 70 year duration, will be coming from across the country to visit with me this week.  I wonder if any of the Brown women have anything in common aside from a shared husband?

Edited by Sandy W
clarity
  • Like 4
  • Love 11

Shit, I've been married to my husband nearly 40 years and I have a work wife, a long, long term bestie, a couple of work besties and some other close girlfriends. All that and I don't have to compete for my husband. Imagine that.

• Love 13

I love the 'many hands make light work' of it all, like how they present it. That aspect reminds me of when my girlfriends and I used to get together to do big weekend cooking and baking sessions for our families. That was always a lot of fun, and we didn't have to have sex with the same dude. The Browns, though, keep everything so separate, and are each so touchy, that being with them would be a minefield of imagined slights, misunderstandings and competition.

• Like 4
  • Love 12

Is Sol in school yet? I'm not sure how this will all work with Kody's wanderlust, as well as only having Janelle as an escape from Robyn. Also, with no other wives for Robyn to blame, Kody's going to figure out he is Robyn's puppet. I can't see Robyn and Kody lasting very long.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Sol in school yet? I'm not sure how this will all work with Kody's wanderlust, as well as only having Janelle as an escape from Robyn. Also, with no other wives for Robyn to blame, Kody's going to figure out he is Robyn's puppet. I can't see Robyn and Kody lasting very long.

Kody may be the type of guy that requires a woman stronger than him to take the lead.  There was no denying the look of tenderness and outright love in his eyes when he unzipped his jacket for a full body embrace after his Covid enforced absence.

If he lost the (apparent) devotion he gets from Robyn and her brood, where would that leave him?  I guess he could always summon Meri, who anxiously awaits in the wings.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Isn’t Sol like 11 years old? That would be 3rd or 4th grade if my distant memory serves. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Kody may be the type of guy that requires a woman stronger than him to take the lead.  There was no denying the look of tenderness and outright love in his eyes when he unzipped his jacket for a full body embrace after his Covid enforced absence.

If he lost the (apparent) devotion he gets from Robyn and her brood, where would that leave him?  I guess he could always summon Meri, who anxiously awaits in the wings.

Meri is ready ! (She has been anxiously munching on bananas 🍌 waiting for her Kody)

• LOL 7
On 6/1/2022 at 7:58 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

I have thought that Janelle had that condition.  She resembles a woman I know with it. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

Solomon was attending school. Robyn has pictures on her Instagram of Solomon and Kody working on a school project, Solomon dressed as a favorite decade, and Robyn posted about Solomon being sick so they weren’t going to be able to attend a school  “Valentines Day Ball”. That was in 2018. No clue what happened since then, and then COVID happened. 🤷🏼‍♀️

071C88C9-5307-4A93-B4E9-F954B0632455.jpeg

E3A1E7FF-38A0-413B-9F31-D3A053D749D5.jpeg

• Useful 3

A bit late to the "will Robyn and Kody have another wife-show" but here's what I think:

No, there won't be another wife. I have a gut feeling Robyn idolised polygamy and found the reality not as she expected. She now has an obviously doting husband and a big house, so what would a new sister wife add apart from some extra TLC cash and a lot of stress?  Oh and the risk of being replaced eventually, just like Meri....

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, LilyD said:

A bit late to the "will Robyn and Kody have another wife-show" but here's what I think:

No, there won't be another wife. I have a gut feeling Robyn idolised polygamy and found the reality not as she expected. She now has an obviously doting husband and a big house, so what would a new sister wife add apart from some extra TLC cash and a lot of stress?  Oh and the risk of being replaced eventually, just like Meri....

Personally I'm not a vengeful kinda gal, but it doesn't mean I don't have occasional thoughts about what revenge would look like.

I think Janelle and Meri should pair together to find Kody another wife. I would love to see Kody's ego/penis wrestle with his affection for Robyn. I would love to see Robyn try to twist her "desire for polyg life" while rejecting a new sisterwife.

Then I would like Meri to make peace with Janelle and Christine, TLC cancel Sister Wives and start a new show called Life After Plural Marriage.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Personally I'm not a vengeful kinda gal, but it doesn't mean I don't have occasional thoughts about what revenge would look like.

I think Janelle and Meri should pair together to find Kody another wife. I would love to see Kody's ego/penis wrestle with his affection for Robyn. I would love to see Robyn try to twist her "desire for polyg life" while rejecting a new sisterwife.

Then I would like Meri to make peace with Janelle and Christine, TLC cancel Sister Wives and start a new show called Life After Plural Marriage.

I love the way you think and your scenario would guarantee them at least one more season.  The fly in the ointment as we both see it would be Robyn, she would twist her mean little face into a look she hoped would express concern and say something along the lines of...whada gonna do, Kody seems to want the monogamous life now and Ima gonna go along to get along.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I wonder if that above scenario happens we will actually see real tears coming from Robyn? I get the resentment from Christine, she raised all 13 kids pretty much on her own, yet queen Robyn needed a nanny for 2 kids. I wish we would see more of the rill feelings of Janelle, houseless while Robyn lives in a 1M dollar mansion. Didn't Kody purchase the adjacent lot to the house? Why ? I think we all sit behind our computers and shake our head on the idiot ways of this family. 

• Like 7
  • Love 5
(edited)

I’m just not so sure Robyn is still that into Kody.  I think he exasperates her.  Maybe, since he’s not spread as thin, he’s calmed down, but what we saw in most recent seasons, he appeared pretty unhinged.  It seemed like she had to talk him down from the emotional roller coaster.  I can’t imagine financial strain would help the situation.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 8
  • Love 3

Robyn is probably exasperated from having Kootie underfoot throughout Covid.  She wanted him all to herself, often calling/interrupting him when he was making rare visits to his other wives and kids. Then she got him all to herself and seemed frazzled & bitter during the last season.

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Robyn is probably exasperated from having Kootie underfoot throughout Covid.  She wanted him all to herself, often calling/interrupting him when he was making rare visits to his other wives and kids. Then she got him all to herself and seemed frazzled & bitter during the last season.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving schemer.  She got her wish, and I hope it has backfired on her.  Karma can be a real bitch.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Couldn't happen to a more deserving schemer.  She got her wish, and I hope it has backfired on her.  Karma can be a real bitch.

She made her bed. Now Kody's laying it in. Every. Single. Night.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 22
13 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wish there was an emoji for Evil Laugh.

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

You know the saying, Be careful what you wish for……lol.   

I don’t think that I’m as appalled by Kody as most viewers, but I do see how a big old dose of Kody could be very challenging.   I mean, think about it 24/7……😝

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 7/13/2022 at 7:24 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I wonder if that above scenario happens we will actually see real tears coming from Robyn? I get the resentment from Christine, she raised all 13 kids pretty much on her own, yet queen Robyn needed a nanny for 2 kids. I wish we would see more of the rill feelings of Janelle, houseless while Robyn lives in a 1M dollar mansion. Didn't Kody purchase the adjacent lot to the house? Why ? I think we all sit behind our computers and shake our head on the idiot ways of this family. 

If we are havink dream scenarios (which by the way, I co-sign the findink Kody a new wife), can we have them filming the foreclosure of this mansion?🤞

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
9 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Dream scene:  All of Kootie's wives together putting him in a headlock, snatching every last one of those golden, girly ringlets right outta his head.  

For 5+ years I've been hoping to see one of his kids take the clippers to his mop while he's napping

• LOL 11
On 7/15/2022 at 6:55 AM, Rabbit Hutch said:

Dream scene:  All of Kootie's wives together putting him in a headlock, snatching every last one of those golden, girly ringlets right outta his head.  

A gal can dream, right?  😁😏🙄

One of the grandkids, maybe?

• LOL 6

I wonder how Robyn handles the sex side of things. If Kody's sex drive is higher than hers, how does she manipulate herself out of that? Her manipulation of Kody has always been putting targets on her sister wives' back. How will Kody continue to believe Robyn worships him and will blindly follow what he says when there's no targets available. Does she say, no sex tonight because I'd feel to guilty having sex on what would be Christine's night

• LOL 11

OHHH that is a good one! We know there is no Meri's night and no Kristine's night, is there really a Janelle's love life??  She will have very soon no one else to  blame for her lack of sex drive. What will the Kootie do then,,, look out Robochin your successor may be there in your future .... I can only hope!!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
On 8/13/2022 at 3:37 AM, GeeGolly said:

I wonder how Robyn handles the sex side of things. If Kody's sex drive is higher than hers, how does she manipulate herself out of that? Her manipulation of Kody has always been putting targets on her sister wives' back. How will Kody continue to believe Robyn worships him and will blindly follow what he says when there's no targets available. Does she say, no sex tonight because I'd feel to guilty having sex on what would be Christine's night

Ummmm. I think its likely that Kody's sex drive is DRASTICALLY reduced compared to 10-15yrs ago. They may be well matched sexually, or not, but I don't think Kody has enough energy to go hunting for sexual partners right now.

As far as the manipulation of the other sister wives, I agree. I think Robyn is realizing that not having to "share" Kody has its downsides, Christine is gone, he hates Meri, Janelle is probably still on decent terms with him and he may escape to her house every now then when the little kids at Robyn's drive him nuts. But having Kody around a lot is going to get on her nerves. Or they might mellow with age and as the kids get older and are less physical work.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

As far as the manipulation of the other sister wives, I agree. I think Robyn is realizing that not having to "share" Kody has its downsides,

Furthermore, Kody's dream of Flagstaff as a place where the kids and grandkids would flock for visits seems destined to go unfulfilled. The kids instead have flocked to Northern Utah (where Christine, Mykelti, Aspyn, Truely and Paedon live) or to visit NC at Maddie's. Doesn't seem like too much non-filming mandatory visitation is happening chez She-Ra Chateau.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Noergli said:

I could imagine that having Kody around all the time is not a sex problem but more a problem with his raging bull loses his temper thing.

I’d say she now resorts to “d*ck punishment”: If you behave like one, yours is not going anywhere near me this week. And since he behaves like one all the time, that problem is solved.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1