Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

On 12/17/2022 at 7:17 AM, Rabbit Hutch said:

Agreed with y'all.  Meri's playing games, if not why not offer her McMansion to the outta towners to stay during the holidays, like a normal family?  It's because its all a big, fat lie.  In my family there would be hurt feelings on both sides if your big, fat empty home was not at least offered.  Granted, some of us still prefer a BnB, but at LEAST offer.

This family drives me NUTS!

Bc Meri has proved over the years she will do nothing, actually will do the opposite to help Christine and Janelle. 

9 hours ago, Cetacean said:

And if she had one ounce of sense, she would have turned down the TLC suggestion.  But she's greedy and it's easy money.

She likes the drama, too, and I feel like she’d throw her own mother under the bus to be with the First Floor Wives, no matter how badly they’ve caused her and her siblings to be treated. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
23 hours ago, Meh said:

When Mykelti quit college, didn't Christine refuse to let her move back home? And during a summer break from college, didn't Aspyn refuse to live at home, saying she would just fall back into the pattern of doing most of the work and child care? Didn't she stay with Meri that summer?

Aspyn stayed with Robyn, at least for a semester.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, altopower said:

I can't remember whose idea that was. Aspyn, Robyn, or Meri who didn't want her?

All I remember is that Christine called it a "polygamy perk."  Aspyn seemed to think that Christine would use her again as a nanny/housekeeper/etc.  I don't know how long that Aspyn stayed at Robyn's, but I would suspect Robyn used her in much the same manner, since Robyn can't seem to take care of her own kids without help.  Sister, niece, cousin, bonus kid(s), they've all served as nannies for Miss Entitled Sobbyn.

I can't think why Meri couldn't have spared a room for Aspyn, unless there's some reason that they don't get along.  Aspyn and Leon seemed to be friendly as teenagers, and by then, wasn't Leon in college?

• Like 8
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I can't think why Meri couldn't have spared a room for Aspyn, unless there's some reason that they don't get along.  

Meri wouldn't let the kids cross through her space to get back and forth between Janelle's and Christine's homes when they lived in Lehi (to be honest, I'm not sure I would have cared for that either). So I don't know if it was that it was because they don't get along or that she just doesn't want anyone else (not her own kid) in her house.  Maybe it's both. This is Meri we are talking about, after all.

I wonder if she ever regrets being such a hardass about everything with the kids now that she is so isolated.  She could have had them gathering around her the way Christine does.  She always talked about having everyone at her house (to enjoy pastries on the wetbar, lol) but she did so little to actually encourage it.  Looking back, it now seems rather insincere. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Meri wouldn't let the kids cross through her space to get back and forth between Janelle's and Christine's homes when they lived in Lehi (to be honest, I'm not sure I would have cared for that either). So I don't know if it was that it was because they don't get along or that she just doesn't want anyone else (not her own kid) in her house.  Maybe it's both. This is Meri we are talking about, after all.

I wonder if she ever regrets being such a hardass about everything with the kids now that she is so isolated.  She could have had them gathering around her the way Christine does.  She always talked about having everyone at her house (to enjoy pastries on the wetbar, lol) but she did so little to actually encourage it.  Looking back, it now seems rather insincere. 

It was never explained to what extent the kids trooped thru Meri's sanctum.  It could have been something as simple as in inclement weather they would pass thru enroute to Christine's and at the end of the day back again. Meri made it sound as though they were racing pell mell back and forth all day. 

I wonder what her attitude would have been if Leon was subject to the same conditions rather than having warm access through the interior staircase to Christine's apartment.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Robyn allowing Aspyn to stay is another stealth bitch win win for Robyn. If Aspyn said yes, Rob looks all loving and accommodating plus she gets free built in babysitting. If Aston said no, robyn could once again be a selfless martyr who offers her own roof and is rejected despite her generosity 🙄. They make it too easy for Robyn sometimes.

• Like 17
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder what her attitude would have been if Leon was subject to the same conditions rather than having warm access through the interior staircase to Christine's apartment.

I think we all know what Meri's attitude would have been and it wouldn't have been understanding. After all this is Leon that you are talking about.

• Like 4

I've  had tons of random thoughts since Christine announced she was leaving Kody. Mainly " HELL TO THE YAYUSS!"

But Kodwad! Ugh. BigDaddy's rage at her is multi-faceted.  IMO,  Christine was the heart of their home. What she did for the kids, other wives, planning parties for Kody? I'm sure there was much more daily, that the cameras couldn't cover. 

I imagine Kody thought of her as the mother, much like he thought of his own mother. Always there for him, to eat off her sandwich, for her to build him up, praise him, love him, adore him. Always there. Christine has rocked that notion. 

They've been together for 27? Years. She was always striving for him. For his love, attention for herself and her children. Coming in after Meri and Janelle, she had to please them, too. But she kept on and on and on, while he took it all as his due. 

She shifted his paradigm!! 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

All I remember is that Christine called it a "polygamy perk."  Aspyn seemed to think that Christine would use her again as a nanny/housekeeper/etc.  I don't know how long that Aspyn stayed at Robyn's, but I would suspect Robyn used her in much the same manner, since Robyn can't seem to take care of her own kids without help.  Sister, niece, cousin, bonus kid(s), they've all served as nannies for Miss Entitled Sobbyn.

None of these women are winning Mother of the Year, including Christine. Christine looks good compared to the other moms, but she's not all that. I still say she left Kody to move to Utah, not because she was outraged on behalf of her kids. Those kids got the short end of the stick for years, and Christine couldn't even be bothered to go find them some health insurance.

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

None of these women are winning Mother of the Year, including Christine. Christine looks good compared to the other moms, but she's not all that. I still say she left Kody to move to Utah, not because she was outraged on behalf of her kids. Those kids got the short end of the stick for years, and Christine couldn't even be bothered to go find them some health insurance.

I do wonder what the kids think when Christine says that. Only Truely was living at home when she left. Like, Oh thanks mom for leaving dad for us - after we moved out.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I do wonder what the kids think when Christine says that. Only Truely was living at home when she left. Like, Oh thanks mom for leaving dad for us - after we moved out.

Right, while I do applaud Christine for leaving Kody, I don’t think it was entirely about the “kids.” Aspyn, Mykelti and Paedon were out of the house already and Gwen and Ysabel were in the process of leaving. However, I think that Kody’s neglect of Truly and his absence for Ysabel’s surgery during the pandemic were the final straws for Christine. 
I agree that Kody’s lack of involvement with their kids was only one of the (many) reasons she finally decided to leave him.

• Like 12
On 12/31/2022 at 8:10 PM, Adiba said:

I agree that Kody’s lack of involvement with their kids was only one of the (many) reasons she finally decided to leave him.

Agree the final straw was Ysabel and the surgery, and how Ysabel reacted to Kody being a "no-show". She was devastated in her TH. They are all responsible for this mess. Funny how Janelle is coming out the best. She looks good, is taking care of herself, and is so chill about the past and future. Of all the wives, I think hanging with her  would be the most enjoyable.

• Like 11
On 12/31/2022 at 11:24 AM, xwordfanatik said:

All I remember is that Christine called it a "polygamy perk."  Aspyn seemed to think that Christine would use her again as a nanny/housekeeper/etc.  I don't know how long that Aspyn stayed at Robyn's, but I would suspect Robyn used her in much the same manner, since Robyn can't seem to take care of her own kids without help.  Sister, niece, cousin, bonus kid(s), they've all served as nannies for Miss Entitled Sobbyn.

I can't think why Meri couldn't have spared a room for Aspyn, unless there's some reason that they don't get along.  Aspyn and Leon seemed to be friendly as teenagers, and by then, wasn't Leon in college?

Probably too many walls at Meri’s.   🤣

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Probably too many walls at Meri’s.   🤣

Last night, it was funny to hear Robyn say that she had a problem with CHRISTINE's walls. I was thinking wait. Meri has walls. Christine just says you're not safe. Get your words right Robyn.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 7
  • LOL 10

I often think of Kerrigan and Harding. Like Christine is afraid her competition is going to kneecap her. ⛸️🙃

Being friends with those who operate differently than you can be hard, but being friendly shouldn't be. You'd think after 30 years they'd all understand each other better and offer some grace. But I suppose polygamy has made them enemies from the get go.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

I thought she left because he refused to have sex with her.  He had always made any time he spent with the kids a filming event so nothing really changed until he made that pronouncement.

I think her reasoning was well if that's the case, there is no reason for me to stay.  Because I need more than that in life.

• Like 10
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I often think of Kerrigan and Harding. Like Christine is afraid her competition is going to kneecap her. ⛸️🙃

Being friends with those who operate differently than you can be hard, but being friendly shouldn't be. You'd think after 30 years they'd all understand each other better and offer some grace. But I suppose polygamy has made them enemies from the get go.

Their resentment runs deep.  I’m not one to hold a grudge, because it takes too much energy and I can’t keep score on stuff.  So, I found it totally ridiculous that even after all that counseling, two of the wives couldn’t be bothered to mumble a polite hello when meeting at the mailbox.  😳 I mean, in Vegas you all have nice homes, nice cars, healthy children and you hold on to such pettiness, AFTER you know better.  What an example for your kids.   It makes me question them all really…not just Kody.  Maybe that’s why Mykelti isn’t so anti Robyn….she may know things about all of the wives that isn’t so Christian like.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe that’s why Mykelti isn’t so anti Robyn….she may know things about all of the wives that isn’t so Christian like.  

I only quoted a bit of your post but I can see this. Children SEE their parents. Yes of course children love their parents, and can be bias because of that, but children see their parents day in and day out, when no one else is watching, and behind closed doors. They see their "true" behavior and not the mask adults put on for other adults (and parents are often blind to what their children see because they are children).

If the child says xyz was going on in the home, I tend to believe them, because they were there!

I also think it's possible Mykelti just likes Robyn as a person, and thats just that. That doesn't mean she doesn't know why Christine can't stand her, doesn't mean that she thinks Christine should've stayed with Kody, she's just doing her own thing. I don't think Christine has a problem with Mykelti liking Robyn. Its not like Christine has to see Robyn all the time or anything like that.

• Like 9
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, I found it totally ridiculous that even after all that counseling, two of the wives couldn’t be bothered to mumble a polite hello when meeting at the mailbox.

The wives, and Kody, all have such emotional immaturity and poor coping skills. Add that to an already ridiculous ideology and it's basically a recipe for disaster.

I always think back to that scene where the grandmothers are talking about polygamy. Kody's mom and Janelle's mom were outright sobbing as they discussed the tremendous pain they dealt with for a lot of years. Sheryl (Janelle's mom) said "it was hell."  Kody's mom had trouble accepting Janelle's mom. She said she was "extremely jealous." She sobs and says "it had to come from me changing and not expecting everything around me to change." She said she was "too self centered and too selfish." Janelle's mom says you have to be firmly committed that this is where you want to be and this is what you want to do as you lay brick by brick and develop unconditional love for one another and accept one another as you are."

The comments baffle me because its the wives who buy into this ideology. That in some way this pain, and these awful times are worth it in some way.

Willing to bet a lot of money that those sister wives didn't become close until AFTER Kody's dad was already becoming ill and therefore out of the equation.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

The wives, and Kody, all have such emotional immaturity and poor coping skills. Add that to an already ridiculous ideology and it's basically a recipe for disaster.

I always think back to that scene where the grandmothers are talking about polygamy. Kody's mom and Janelle's mom were outright sobbing as they discussed the tremendous pain they dealt with for a lot of years. Sheryl (Janelle's mom) said "it was hell."  Kody's mom had trouble accepting Janelle's mom. She said she was "extremely jealous." She sobs and says "it had to come from me changing and not expecting everything around me to change." She said she was "too self centered and too selfish." Janelle's mom says you have to be firmly committed that this is where you want to be and this is what you want to do as you lay brick by brick and develop unconditional love for one another and accept one another as you are."

The comments baffle me because its the wives who buy into this ideology. That in some way this pain, and these awful times are worth it in some way.

Willing to bet a lot of money that those sister wives didn't become close until AFTER Kody's dad was already becoming ill and therefore out of the equation.

I also remember Kootie's mom saying (paraphrasing) "she (meaning Sheryl) took care of Winn, and I took care of the kids."

Kind of the way Christine and Sobbyn ended up, except Christine was not OK with having nothing from Kootie, for herself or for her kids.  "Keeping sweet" did Christine or her children no favors.  ☹️

• Like 10
  • Love 2

I wanted to hit Christine over the head with a baseball bat when she said  “when Kody looks at you you’re the MOST loved woman in the universe!!” Or however she worded it, she sounded like a damn fool!

especially since Kody has said he never loved Christine and even found her repulsive at times and only married her for her royal polygamy pedigree!

I mean for Christ sake Christine, listen to the dumb shit that flows out of your mouth!!!

meanwhile Robyn and Kody are making up lies to bury her and stupid bloody Christine is gushing about Kody and having heart palpitations!

that’s the thing about Christine that annoys me, she’s like a 13 yr old girl talking about her dreamboat boyfriend…. She just doesn’t get it, any guy can do that shit but REAL DEEP LOVE is something completely different, REAL LOVE is how he has looked at and treated Robyn since Day 1…. Not some silly googly eyes for 5 minutes before he gets his rocks off!

Christine needs to grow up and think before she speaks! Ugh!

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Christine is a total airhead and always has been.  Just because she left doesn't win her any points.  I mean if you get treated like crap for 25 years and finally decides, duh, that's not a good thing is a pretty slow learner.

The whole "I'm not meeeeannnn" thing had me rolling my eyes.  I can totally see how she would come across that way.  She's another drama queen.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I wonder if Christine made the comment about how Kody could look at you and make you feel so loved, in order to explain that even in bad marriages, the person who is so hurtful usually has some good traits too.  There’s often some positive things that cause you to stay.  In the end, maybe all the good things are gone, but for a while you keep hoping they”ll return. Obviously, she’s past that now.  

• Like 7
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if Christine made the comment about how Kody could look at you and make you feel so loved, in order to explain that even in bad marriages, the person who is so hurtful usually has some good traits too.  There’s often some positive things that cause you to stay.  In the end, maybe all the good things are gone, but for a while you keep hoping they”ll return. Obviously, she’s past that now.  

That makes sense to me. Rarely is someone 100% a monster and awful from the early days. I can believe Christine had a lot of good times with Kody and was attached to the memory of that. I can also see how someone can have "blindness" to what is not a "rough patch" but the person not caring any more. Emotions are complex.

I mentioned in this forum (either here or another thread) that the breakdown of my relationship with my cousin last year reminded me of a divorce. (I have never been partnered) The years of happy memories, and the joy, and the deep love, and the feelings of betrayal and distrust in the face of someone you love so much is like a cognitive dissonance. That someone you love could hurt you so deeply is like "woah". You start to think "am I in a movie??" I could see the extra layer of Christine growing up in the AUB, her lower expectations of Kody ANYWAY, her losing her role as a caregiver etc taking her a long time to see that "her Kody" wasnt coming back.

• Like 11
  • Hugs 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Bringing my question about Christine from Kody thread here.  There was discussion a bout some of her pronunciations.  What kind of accent does she have?  It doesn’t sound like the other adults to me.  It’s sort of overly stated to me.  As if she’s in front of the English class and being graded, so she’s trying to stick every consonant.  Lol. I like it though.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I like it though.  

I find it incredibly annoyingk

She has a lot vocal fry and she also goes from yell talking to dramatic whispering. But I also have misophonia which means I get hung up (and sometimes enraged) by sound. 

I don't know where it's from but it probably contributed to Janelle calling her a princess lol

Edited by Tuxcat
changed a word
  • Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I think it may be a southern Utah thing.  My granddaughter started picking it up after they started going to Bryan Head after stopping in St George or Parowan on the way in and out.  I've been working with her to drop it.  Obviously not everyone there has it.

My daughter started saying fir instead of for after the trips began.  I can't correct her any more, but I'd like to.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 7
  • LOL 3
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Bringing my question about Christine from Kody thread here.  There was discussion a bout some of her pronunciations.  What kind of accent does she have?  It doesn’t sound like the other adults to me.  It’s sort of overly stated to me.  As if she’s in front of the English class and being graded, so she’s trying to stick every consonant.  Lol. I like it though.  

I think it's German. Iirc, Gma Annie's mom, Anna Waltraut was an immigrant from Germany when she married Gma Annie's biodad, Floren LeBaron. She left Floren, and married Owen Allred. Gma Annie has the same accent. The ink for ing reminds me of ZsaZsa Gabor. 😃.  Dahlink.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/157959307/waltraut-anna-allred

This pic reminds me of Ysabel. 

P.s. I'm not Mormon, but I love genealogy. I have scottish ancestors. It explains to me the pronunciations of my hillbilly ancestors. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Just Wondering said:

I just watched a clip of Christine discussing how her current hairstyle  makes her look like a “frickin’ polygamist”.  I’m wondering if her necklace is from MSWC. Any thoughts?

I’m thinking Etsy.

35AD65F5-0E8E-4C0C-B4E2-B21799FB1D27.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I think Christine did the best she could in a situation that was never going to get better.  I think she finally realized that and that's when Janelle told her you have to have a way to support yourself if you are leaving.  I don't think she got everyone over to her side.  I think they all saw how the moms were being treated before they even left home.

Not saying Christine doesn't have faults, we all do.  But all three of the original families didn't stand a chance once Kody fell in love with Robyn.  

• Like 13
On 12/5/2022 at 3:56 PM, Irate Panda said:

Meanwhile the sporadic $200/hr probably comes from him hiding in an overly stuffed closet filming Cameos while his kid is screaming and his wife is spending $300/hr online ordering crystals and She-Ra dolls.

Christine should get an order for child support and it has to be in the form of actual money not unpurchased goods from MSWC. 

And is Kody, as Truely's father, hampered down with any of the hospital debt?

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
On 1/8/2023 at 1:26 AM, ginger90 said:

E0A38E7C-1E67-482B-AFFA-E2AE822FCB30.jpeg

This picture...have they ever heard of SIDS and how to keep the chances of this happening as small as possible? 

1. You do not put babies to sleep on their stomachs! It goes against all health guidelines and researches as there is a huge chance it will affect their breathing through carbon dioxide build-up or suffocating.

2. Always make sure a baby cannot be suffocated by something in their cribs, whether it's stuffed toys or in this case a sibling that is literally shoved in their faces.

Sorry, this whole picture makes me nervous (and yes, a little angry). I know there were guidelines in the past about letting babies sleep on their stomachs but since then, there has been so many research into crib deaths and how to let your baby sleep safely. You'd think that's common knowledge by now, or at least one of the first things they tell you when you have a newborn?

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

This picture...have they ever heard of SIDS and how to keep the chances of this happening as small as possible? 

1. You do not put babies to sleep on their stomachs! It goes against all health guidelines and researches as there is a huge chance it will affect their breathing through carbon dioxide build-up or suffocating.

2. Always make sure a baby cannot be suffocated by something in their cribs, whether it's stuffed toys or in this case a sibling that is literally shoved in their faces.

Sorry, this whole picture makes me nervous (and yes, a little angry). I know there were guidelines in the past about letting babies sleep on their stomachs but since then, there has been so many research into crib deaths and how to let your baby sleep safely. You'd think that's common knowledge by now, or at least one of the first things they tell you when you have a newborn?

It may depend on the state, or even the hospital, but when I worked in a maternity ward a million years ago we 1) taught safe sleep in the new parents' class offered every day to every new parent and family member who wanted to attend and 2) we included information on safe sleep in the materials sent home with parents. 

• Like 6
14 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

TLC planning a single life spin off? I would not enjoy at all - though I hope she finds happiness.

Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 4.31.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 4.31.40 PM.png

I sure hope not. I’m happy for her but would not watch this. I worry about suitors only in it for the reality TV money not wanting to get to know the real Christine.

But if that’s the case I bet Meri is fuming. First Christine gets a small cooking show, and now (maybe) this. I’m always tickled to see Meri green with envy, all while pretending she is a powerful “boss babe”. Christine’s happy? Dating? Cue the filtered “I’m awesome” Meri Brown IG posts 😂.

Edited to add: obviously speculating, no evidence to suggest any of this. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 16
50 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I sure hope not. I’m happy for her but would not watch this. I worry about suitors only in it for the reality TV money not wanting to get to know the real Christine.

Right there with you. What self-respecting man wants to have his every move documented whilst listening to the whispery voice simpering about dating at 50.

Hard pass on watching any of that.

• Like 16
  • LOL 1
8 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Right there with you. What self-respecting man wants to have his every move documented whilst listening to the whispery voice simpering about dating at 50.

Hard pass on watching any of that.

Chris Marek found love with Amy Roloff after 50 on another TLC show. And audiences loved it.

I think there would be an audience. Maybe just not any of us.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1