Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

BD21C7DC-CCF1-415C-A579-820042DE3D36.jpeg

Ohhhh Janelle don’t ever change!!… “some sort of chicken soup” 😂

reminds of that old movie “Meatballs” about kids away at camp… here’s a quote from movie

720667DC-56D3-4ED8-BB00-08E90E4A4F0E.jpeg

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect hates me
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

BD21C7DC-CCF1-415C-A579-820042DE3D36.jpeg

This is a great idea—the problem I have with this (and many of Janelle’s posts) is the apologetic lack of confidence she conveys.

And shouldn’t a seasoned health coach have fewer “battles” when it comes to take out? 

• Love 15

Responding to @bichonblitz from the recent episode thread. 

I still have hope that Janelle will leave the coven. She left a long time ago for 2 whole years then came back. I think it was before Christine. I didn't know that until recently. There is a lot we don't know about The Browns. 

Janelle never left the relationship with Kody, she just couldn't stand living with Meri. Christine came into the family when Janelle was pregnant with Logan, and when Janelle moved out, Christine would still take care of her kids when she was at work. Janelle was willing to all live together again when they bought the Utah house (using Janelle's funds as down payment, I think an inheritance)  with the separate wings. 

I agree with those that think Janelle will be the last wife standing. She expects the least from Kody, and doesn't mind seeing him every now and again. Likely she will spend most of her time with Christine and their kids, and see Kody occasionally when he gets sick of being around Robin.

• Love 12

How can her stand progress be so low?  It looks like she's exercising and moving only during her workout.  Also, she's obviously smiling under the smiley face in the "Turn the frown upside down," post-workout pitcher (where she is seated).  And, she needed to use the em-dash to avoid a misinterpretation of a minus sign, given it follows an equal sign.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I bet Gabe saw the new preview clip where Kody admits he is not in love with Janelle.  

So, with Christine gone and Kody admitting he’s in love with neither Meri nor Janelle, that leaves RoboChin (and her fake tears that the other wives don’t have full functioning relationships with Kody). 

Meri, whether she’ll admit it or not, must be regretting bringing Robyn into the family. Robyn has destroyed it and has her “winner winner Ramen dinner” prize. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Auto incorrect
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
On 1/30/2022 at 2:53 AM, Gramto6 said:

Gotta say, it looks better than most of the "creations" she posts. Knife skills need a little work, but all in all not bad.

So true, my grandparents were Indonesian and they taught me that leftovers could be used for all kinds of delicious meals. Few people realise that one of the most famous Indonesian dishes "Nasi Goreng" (fried rice) is technically nothing more than frying the leftover rice, bits of meat and vegetables in something like sambal. And my grand mother would cook brilliant "Soto" (soup) from leftovers too.

• Love 15

Looks like broccoli to these old eyes, but let’s go with cauliflower, unwashed cauliflower. 
Is there Plexus for dogs? Digestive issues in 3, 2, 1…..

9CBFEF02-1ED0-428C-989A-B598CFA1EA07.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 5
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Looks like broccoli to these old eyes, but let’s go with cauliflower, unwashed cauliflower. 
Is there Plexus for dogs? Digestive issues in 3, 2, 1…..

9CBFEF02-1ED0-428C-989A-B598CFA1EA07.jpeg

Actually, it looks like romanesco. I'm pretty sure Janelle would have no clue what that was. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Wouldn't the humiliation of knowing the whole world heard your husband say he's not in love with you make you leave, even if nothing else did?? I've lived alone for a long time, so maybe the prospect just doesn't scare me, but Janelle has pretty much been a single mother as well. I'm betting her sons do 99% of the home maintenance that isn't covered by the landlord. Kody shows up once in a blue moon and helps for 20 minutes. I just don't understand why it's worth for her to pretend there's a marriage.

I don’t think Janelle is in love with Kody either. Of all the wives I think his “affection level” for her is about equal as hers is to him. 

I do think she disagrees with him on certain things, but Janelle does with Janelle wants. I think she LIKES their relationship as it is, I don’t think he’s ever put her through the emotional distress he put Meri or Christine through. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, deirdra said:

Romanesco goes by various names, including Romanesco broccoli, fractal broccoli, or Roman cauliflower, though it's considered to be a hybrid between cauliflower and broccoli. 

ahh, we just call it broccoflower like I mentioned above.  Didn't know it had an official name and I certainly didn't know the others you listed.  But when I looked it up, they are one and the same

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think Janelle is in love with Kody either. Of all the wives I think his “affection level” for her is about equal as hers is to him. 

I do think she disagrees with him on certain things, but Janelle does with Janelle wants. I think she LIKES their relationship as it is, I don’t think he’s ever put her through the emotional distress he put Meri or Christine through. 

She just rolls with what Kootie wants, almost always.  She's rarely demanding, and goes along to get along.  It's good that she FINALLY said no to kicking her sons out.  

• Love 17

She just rolls with what Kootie wants, almost always.  She's rarely demanding, and goes along to get along.  It's good that she FINALLY said no to kicking her sons out. 

I think Janelle takes advantage of Kody's unwillingness to completely walk away. He helped with the RV sometimes over the summer, and he does a little yard work. I think it's enough for her. In return, she does and goes where she wants.

I don't think Kody wants anything more from Janelle either. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
11 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I think Janelle takes advantage of Kody's unwillingness to completely walk away. He helped with the RV sometimes over the summer, and he does a little yard work. I think it's enough for her. In return, she does and goes where she wants.

I don't think Kody wants anything more from Janelle either. 

This. For now anyways—everyone has a breaking point. 

• Love 12
On 2/5/2022 at 7:02 PM, xwordfanatik said:

It's good that she FINALLY said no to kicking her sons out.  

But moving into a trailer with limited space DID come in very handy🤔😏

Edited by Elodia
  • Love 12

Janelle doesn't seem to have a great deal of motivation to do anything other than stay.  Leaving would require planning, dealing with financial arrangements, etc.   Right now she can just hang out at home, go out if she wants, and have very little interaction with Kody  - which seems to suit her fine.   Except for Christine, she clearly doesn't want to put the effort into having day to day friendship/interaction with Robyn or Meri.    When Robyn suggested they "work" on their relationship, Janelle looked like she would rather have a root canal.    Kody will care less what she does - as long as it doesn't involve putting even the least demand on him.     Christine left because she wanted a better/different life.  Janelle is perfectly happy with life as it is - without any of the latest drama.

• Love 20

So do we think Janelle is aro?

What does aromantic mean?

People who are aromantic, also known as “aro,” don’t develop romantic attractions for other people. But that doesn’t mean they don’t have feelings. Aromantic people do form strong bonds and have loving relationships that have nothing to do with romance.

• Useful 8
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

People who are aromantic, also known as “aro,” don’t develop romantic attractions for other people. But that doesn’t mean they don’t have feelings. Aromantic people do form strong bonds and have loving relationships that have nothing to do with romance.

I misread this at first as “aromatic”, 😅

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I also read it as aromatic at first lol!

As for Janelle, IMO I think she got used to not getting any from Kody and just accepted it.

She has always seemed somewhat depressed to me (lack of energy or motivation for anything, and every day life seeming to be so difficult for her) which can also kill the libido. Depending on health issues and meds, that can kill desire too, as well as stress.

(Besides, I'd bet money that Kody is a two-pump-chump so she probably wasn't getting her socks rocked anyway.) 

• LOL 13

I don't think that a narcissist such as Kootie cares about whether the wife in question is getting her sexual needs met, or not.

Janelle seems to think Kootie is hot, or so she has indicated.  Kootie is the one who seemed to be, eh...she's giving me stars in my crown, or some such fantasy of the next life, so, that's her value to me.

Sad how little Kootie cares so little about those eventual? points in heaven, here on earth.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I’ve said for a while that I think Janelle is aromantic or perhaps grey, while being heterosexual. 

I think I’m grey-romantic (or somewhere on that spectrum) and while I wouldn’t choose plural marriage, if I did, I would want Janelle’s “position” the most out of all of the wives. (But no I wouldn’t want Kody as a husband in this plural marriage). 

1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Janelle seems to think Kootie is hot, or so she has indicated.  Kootie is the one who seemed to be, eh...she's giving me stars in my crown, or some such fantasy of the next life, so, that's her value to me.

That’s cause Janelle is heterosexual and sexually attracted to Kody (or she was), but I don’t think she was ever “in love” with him- because she’s on aromantic spectrum and romantic love isn’t really her jam. 

I think she liked him, and enjoyed partnered sex with him but was never in love with him which is why she didn’t get super jealous like Christine or Meri would. 

I could be 100% projecting though. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 13
On 2/5/2022 at 7:02 PM, xwordfanatik said:

She just rolls with what Kootie wants, almost always.  She's rarely demanding, and goes along to get along.

This! She knows that "resistance is futile" with Kody Brown Borg.  So she probably saves herself the energy of even trying. So, she just rolls her eyes, thinks whatever dude.... and continues to do whatever she was doing or wanted to do. 

Edited by LilyD
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

0FECBA3A-B35C-49CA-938F-54429F60BEFE.jpeg

I am going to try this. I can’t have regular cookie dough (celiac) and the gluten feee versions are even more unhealthy. I already love chickpeas so, this is one of Janelle’s posts that has my attention! 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Wouldn't this essentially be hummus with chocolate chips?

And why would it be "saving" her today?  Isn't that what Plexus is for?  I thought her sugar cravings were a distant memory now.  Make up your mind, Janelle.  And enjoy the real cookie dough you'll surely be consuming later tonight.

Maybe without the garlic!

• Love 4

Wouldn't this essentially be hummus with chocolate chips?

There is chocolate hummus and it's delicious. This looks like basically the same thing only chocolate hummus has the chocolate blended in rather than chips.

• Useful 9
  • Love 1