Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

In context, what does she mean by "overbearing?"  I don't get putting that word with lethargy.

Lookie lookie everyone!  I thank my sister wife for her efforts by trashing what she made for me, because it's too good to resist.  Huh?  Doesn't your awesome family share everything?

Surprised she calls her sycophantic followers "clients."  How many Strive subscribers can she have, with these kinds of posts?

Yeah, overbearing makes no sense in this context.

As for the misspelling of dessert, I usually cut people slack when it comes to spelling and punctuation errors online, but she misspelled it three times in this post. That's a bit much.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

As for the misspelling of dessert, I usually cut people slack when it comes to spelling and punctuation errors online, but she misspelled it three times in this post. That's a bit much.

Plus, she is someone who, for how many years, lived in the Mojave Dessert. (<--- no)

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I agree.  So much for Janelle supposedly being so smart.  I remember when people used to post about how she seemed like the smarter, more level-headed wife and I used to post back not to jump to conclusions based on surface stuff.  This plus the fact that she CHOSE polygamy are strong evidence to the contrary.

• Love 6

What I read was she ate 1 bite of leftover in frig then went back for another  bite and another bite and another, realizing I am going to keep taking bites til I eat it all or get rid of it. Why would anyone in the family want it after she had been taking bites out of it. I don't think Christine would be offended. Jenelle clearly stated she loved it so much, she was beginning to obsess about the leftovers in the frig. I have done this before. There is a place in my town that makes the most amazing pie. I buy 2 slices sometimes, 5 dollars a slice. It is so delicious, but very rich so I take a few bites here and there. I have thrown away my 2nd slice, unfinished, because I too would be obsessed about that delicious sweet treat in the frig that I didn't need to be eating late at night. Let's cut her some slack on this one. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bamaview said:

Why would anyone in the family want it after she had been taking bites out of it.

Four women share one penis.  Considering that, sharing food seems pretty tame to me.  At least she could have asked.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Most comments were, way to go, what will power! Then there’s this:

036C8079-0E22-4BDC-B253-41A3EC1B456B.jpeg

Wait - back up the truck here.

What this says to me is that Christine made a yummy desert (I myself have never tasted a desert, so who am I to say they aren't yummy) KNOWING that by doing so, she was purposely sabotaging Janelle's fantastic weight loss routine...OR that Christine made a desert so irresistible that even Christine couldn't stand the fact that it was in her house so she brought them to Janelle.  Either way, it reeks of Janelle passively-aggressively complimenting Christine's cooking skills while simultaneously accusing her of trying to derail both of their dieting attempts.  In what universe does this make sense?  The vibe I get from this is that Janelle and Christine are currently best buds but Janelle can't resist getting in a lil' dig.

These women are just case studies in subterfuge and pretense.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Four women share one penis.  Considering that, sharing food seems pretty tame to me.  At least she could have asked.

Right, plus in her post she says there were four pieces remaining. I assume she was only taking bites out of one of those pieces. 

2 hours ago, bamaview said:

What I read was she ate 1 bite of leftover in frig then went back for another  bite and another bite and another, realizing I am going to keep taking bites til I eat it all or get rid of it. Why would anyone in the family want it after she had been taking bites out of it. I don't think Christine would be offended. Jenelle clearly stated she loved it so much, she was beginning to obsess about the leftovers in the frig. I have done this before. There is a place in my town that makes the most amazing pie. I buy 2 slices sometimes, 5 dollars a slice. It is so delicious, but very rich so I take a few bites here and there. I have thrown away my 2nd slice, unfinished, because I too would be obsessed about that delicious sweet treat in the frig that I didn't need to be eating late at night. Let's cut her some slack on this one. 

In my house it's the opposite...the desserts get eaten, it's the fruits, veggies, and expired yogurt that get thrown away! 

• Love 10
17 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I gotta admit I would be mad if someone threw out something I made.  Give it back to me if you cannot take it.  Or toss it but keep it a secret!  These  are people who have had to depend on the tax payers to buy them food in the not so distant past so to have her do this just sits wrong with me.  

So at first, this irritated me big time. Throwing away a homemade food gift? Then i thought about it--why would Christine drop off a dessert knowing that Janelle is trying to avoid sweets?  I wouldn't make a dessert for anyone I knew was trying to watch what they eat. And if I did, I wouldn't be mad if they wound up chucking it into the bin. 

Just don't make desserts. Problem solved. But, it's the Brown wives and as laurakaye suggested, there seems to be something more going on. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Janelle wasn't even raised polygamist, as other posters have said.  That makes it even weirder, that she settled for 1/4 of a man.

Sharing food is indeed tamer, by far.  I think Christine might enjoy the fact that Janelle is much heavier than she is.  Gotta stay more attractive to get Kootie's attention!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Right, plus in her post she says there were four pieces remaining. I assume she was only taking bites out of one of those pieces. 

In my house it's the opposite...the desserts get eaten, it's the fruits, veggies, and expired yogurt that get thrown away! 

My father used to joke, throw out the milk, make room for the beer. 

A74FA263-B2A3-4717-B9DB-7D166C3649B7.jpeg

F25F0025-3A65-4CDA-A40E-4CF7AC99C2BB.jpeg

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle has listed her house, and Christine’s on Craigslist.

I have never looked at Craigslist for houses.  The only thing I've looked at is garage sales.

So no bites yet?  Is it a bad time to sell in LV, or did they price them too high?  

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I have never looked at Craigslist for houses.  The only thing I've looked at is garage sales.

So no bites yet?  Is it a bad time to sell in LV, or did they price them too high?  

I have never looked on Craigslist when looking for a house either. Under similar listings on Zillow, it would appear their asking prices are high. Janelle’s and Christine’s, are listed at $649,000.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, New2this said:

I had friends sell their house on Craigslist. But that was about 20 years ago before Zillow and all those options. They were also in a hot market.  

Good Lord, has Craigslist been around for 20 years already? Damn time flies!

• Love 5
On 10/19/2018 at 2:31 PM, ginger90 said:

My father used to joke, throw out the milk, make room for the beer. 

A74FA263-B2A3-4717-B9DB-7D166C3649B7.jpeg

F25F0025-3A65-4CDA-A40E-4CF7AC99C2BB.jpeg

I notice that in the past decade or so the diet wisdom has changed from low fat to low carb, and not much attention is paid to fats if they're "the good kind".  Despite my DNA test that told me I'm not fat sensitive (only carb. sensitive), I've found limiting fats helps me lose weight too.  Oil is very fattening.  Even just a little "splash" can add lots of fat and calories from fat.   Janelle should learn how to make her own fat free salad dressings.  Here's one for Japanese carrott/ginger dressing I found on YouTube that I'm going to make:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFtVAPHZV8c 

• Love 1

I don't have the counter space, so I won't be getting an air fryer.  Does it still require oil or other fat to work?

Oven-roasted vegetables are good.  Very little olive oil needed, and seasonings to taste.  Works for me.

I really wonder what the cult-de-sac neighbors think of the Browns leaving?  Block party time, anyone?

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Anyone know why they are moving to Flagstaff?

I don't know the why or how but Robyn claims that they want the fresh mountain air.

Because the properties abutt each other and collectively the lots have nearly 15 acres in total, I will lay odds that Kody will start referring to the land as "The Ranch".  It would not surprise me to see him in the upcoming season decked out in a 5 gallon hat, spangly cowboy shirt and chaps patrolling his holdings on a white stallion. 

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 10

I think the move is to keep the show going, primarily.  All their little sideline businesses can't be as profitable, can they?  Even Meri's LLN, which I will bet she doesn't share with any of the family, excepting Mariah.  Christine was the only wife that wasn't doing a sideline gig, so she was probably shamed into it by her 1/4 of a husband.

Sandy, picturing dear Kody on a white stallion makes me laugh!  But shouldn't the hat be 10 gallon?  Or is that only for Texas?  Would Kody's oversized egotistical head even fit into a hat?  We shall see.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I don't have the counter space, so I won't be getting an air fryer.  Does it still require oil or other fat to work?

It's a good idea if you don't want to heat up the house in the summer time.  I've heard you don't need any oil and you can fix lots of different things in one.  I have a friend who carries one camping and traveling.  I have thought about getting one.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

It's a good idea if you don't want to heat up the house in the summer time.  I've heard you don't need any oil and you can fix lots of different things in one.  I have a friend who carries one camping and traveling.  I have thought about getting one.

Me too.  One of my best friends just got one and I'm waiting for her review before I make my decision on which one to buy.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I don't know the why or how but Robyn claims that they want the fresh mountain air.

Because the properties abutt each other and collectively the lots have nearly 15 acres in total, I will lay odds that Kody will start referring to the land as "The Ranch".  It would not surprise me to see him in the upcoming season decked out in a 5 gallon hat, spangly cowboy shirt and chaps patrolling his holdings on a white stallion. 

Any reason they are buying so much land when 1/3 of the kids are out of the house at this point? Mariah, Logan, Aspyn I know are gone, Janelle’s second eldest son (8 cannot remember his name right now), Mykeyti has moved out, that’s the eldest 5 with more to follow. 

• Love 2

Any reason they are buying so much land...

Maybe Kootie is planning on starting his own sect, like Colorado City. He can have a 24 hour show featuring the "real" hijinks of multiplying vs dividing.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

We love ours and have had it for years. We got a Philips high quality one for around $250. It’s good for more things than you can imagine—only thing is it’s small-ish batches. 

Ive read some brands are prone to fire, however I wonder how much of that is due to poor maintenance. They do need to be kept clean and under supervision. You shouldn’t just walk away from them while they’re operating at high temps and you shouldn’t put super greasy, leaky foods in them  

Also I don’t get why they are called “fryers”. Technically, they are mini convection ovens using super heated air. Still, we love ours. One of the best tools we have for quick, crisp cook times. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sharkerbaby said:

yikes, that's harsh

Why? It looked like a picture of a scale on the floor taken from above looking down.  And let's face it - Janelle is morbidly obese.  It's not a secret and there is no point in pretending she isn't.  I'm not an expert on estimating people's weight but if she was in the vicinity of 400 pounds, I wouldn't be surprised. Plus the woman purports to be some kind of health/nutrition coach who is on this weight loss journey, so it's not like it's completely outside the realm of possibility that she would share a picture of her scale. I seriously thought for a minute that's what she was doing.  Claiming that's "harsh" is to label reality as harsh, like Sandy W said. And it won't change the fact that Janelle is probably hundreds of pounds overweight.  That's just reality.

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Perhaps reality is harsh.

I agree. Sugarcoating Janelle's weight issues won't change the reality of the situation. We can speak in euphemisms like calling her "curvy" or politely ignore her size altogether. But she is currently trying to make a living as a health coach/blogger so why the kid gloves for her?  

Acknowledging what she weighs isn't being done just to be cruel. Janelle herself has made it relevant by choosing to blog about her diet. 

• Love 14

Paedon has become a good looking young man, however, Janelle should instruct him to get his ass off the kitchen countertop. Not a good look if a potential buyer wanders into the open house.  In fact, it gives an unprofessional impression to have someone hanging out with the realtor while they are "at work".  She should advise him to visit with one of his LV friends while the open house is happening and they could meet up later for dinner.

• Love 8

I like Paedon for having the balls to tell his parents he wasn't going to that pro-polygamy thingy a while back.  I believe that he and Mykelti (who seems more like Mariah/Meri's kid) were the only C & K kids not there.

But you are right, Sandy.  It doesn't look professional for him to be hanging out at an open house.

I'm guessing, from the last time we saw Janelle on SW, she's at least close to 300 lbs.  Not fat shaming.  I weighed close to 250 5 years ago, and lost close to 100 lbs., which I'm keeping off by moving more and eating differently (and less.)  I'm not trying to sell myself as a health coach, however.  Janelle, who are you fooling with this Strive business?  Not those of us on this forum, AFAIK.

• Love 10

How much money do these folks actually end up making when they sell the houses? They were paying mortgages on four houses which were each around 400K or so...  I wish some mole would leak how much they actually make by being on this show. I've never understood how they have enough cash to support so many people - mortgages, utilities for four houses, furniture for four houses, clothing, food, medical insurance, cars, car insurance, cell phones and cell plans, college tuition, weddings, trips, etc.. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

How much money do these folks actually end up making when they sell the houses? They were paying mortgages on four houses which were each around 400K or so...  I wish some mole would leak how much they actually make by being on this show. I've never understood how they have enough cash to support so many people - mortgages, utilities for four houses, furniture for four houses, clothing, food, medical insurance, cars, car insurance, cell phones and cell plans, college tuition, weddings, trips, etc.. 

Amen to all of that! What are these grifters doing to live so “lavishly”???

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

All I see in that picture is the grungy wall down around the baseboard. If someone is too lazy to clean the basics before putting a house up for sale, I wonder what the hidden stuff looks like (mechanicals, etc).

I agree. Since the houses are empty it wouldn't cost that much to have a cleaning service come in and scrub all the baseboards, vents, blinds, and stuff that poor housekeepers tend to ignore. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

We love ours and have had it for years. We got a Philips high quality one for around $250. It’s good for more things than you can imagine—only thing is it’s small-ish batches. 

Ive read some brands are prone to fire, however I wonder how much of that is due to poor maintenance. They do need to be kept clean and under supervision. You shouldn’t just walk away from them while they’re operating at high temps and you shouldn’t put super greasy, leaky foods in them  

Also I don’t get why they are called “fryers”. Technically, they are mini convection ovens using super heated air. Still, we love ours. One of the best tools we have for quick, crisp cook times. 

Do they really  give you that fryed   food mouth  feel? I have read reviews  that say they do not work well with battered   foods like homemade  fried chicken . I love me some fried chicken  but when I try to "fry" it in the oven  the breading  comes off or it just plan has  a funky  texture.

The air fryer is great if you eat a lot of frozen processed food. Chicken nuggets, taquitos, tater tots, frozen hamburger patties, and things like that come out great in the air fryer. And if you're used to oven frying food, it's pretty good, too. I don't like it for homemade fries or things like real fried chicken.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Nysha said:

The air fryer is great if you eat a lot of frozen processed food. Chicken nuggets, taquitos, tater tots, frozen hamburger patties, and things like that come out great in the air fryer. And if you're used to oven frying food, it's pretty good, too. I don't like it for homemade fries or things like real fried chicken.

I made French fries from scratch yesterday in my air dryer and they were really good. No more frozen fries for me. I used a tablespoon of peanut oil and they tasted like beach fries.

Edited by neh
Spelling
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, MV713 said:

noticed on Zillow only 2 houses are listed for sale currently.  I think they are Christine's and Janelle's houses.

They are Christine’s and Janelle’s. Apparently Meri recently finished her move, no clue about the status of Robyn’s move.

Can always count on Janelle for repeating these words:

52EF8B0A-DF4E-40DF-9D21-13778D214544.jpeg

• Love 2

So (for the 54,894th time) she's super busy and out of whack and has to "get her greens in."  How this reads to me is that any day that throws her a curveball in terms of schedule, she uses as an excuse to hoover peanut-butter Fritos and Doritos with onion dip.  If her life is as consistently "out of whack" as she leads us to believe, she - as a LIFE COACH - should probably have learned by now to carry baggies of pre-cut veggies, Triscuits, fruit, nuts, etc., to snack on in the event that she finds herself running around doing...whatever it is that keeps her so gosh-darn busy.  So tired of her lame, repetitive excuses.  How does she have sycophants anymore?  All she does is whine and offers zero solutions.

• Love 20

I know, I can't see how she ever has a "normal" day. If you are constantly having to get back on track, my guess is that is the norm. You have to make your routine fit your lifestyle, not the other way around. 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

It would be more helpful if she had tips for keeping "in whack" when things are busy. You know, like a coach. 

This made me realize how often I've heard "out of whack" while not hearing "in whack" even once. "How's your week?" "Good, good, can't complain. Everything's in whack." LOL 

• Love 16