Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3410B77C-2CD9-40DA-BE76-96AB0AFF162A.jpeg

Wow she is a lovely girl! She seems to have her mom's reserved personality, which could explain why she is not often the focus of attention. I loved when she and Breanna were listening outside the door when Maddie was in labor and how excited they were when they heard Axl cry for the first time.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I guess Janelle's baked oatmeal breakfast didn't go over well if they are already dining out on burgers and fries.  But I'm sure *she* ordered something healthy.  Like burgers and fries with a diet coke or something.

Diet soda cancels out calories from any mill (meal) that it accompanies.  Doesn't it?  

Where's Caveman Caleb?  Taking the picture?

• Love 6

Okay, okay...what on earth does she NOT struggle with?  The struggle to get out to the gym, the struggle to make dinner, the struggle to make good choices everyday, all day for every little thing, and now the struggle to rest up from what??  Struggling??

• Love 22
16 hours ago, New2this said:

40 degrees? Lol. That will feel like a warm morning in Flagstaff shortly. 

Oh I really, really miss flag for mornings like this. Perfect running weather. It’s already 67 where I’m at which doesn’t suck for running but, 40s? So much better. 

Why would Janelle say she pulled out the flannel robe she bought? Did she think we would think it was a robe she stole? 

• Love 6

We didn't eat fresh fruit or vegetables in my house growing up so I'm kinda at a loss for what to do with them as an adult.  The produce section at the grocery store is a mystery to me other than basic apples, bananas and lettuce.  Having a child that decided to go vegan has really forced me to learn more about fresh vegetable options but it still hasn't created a desire for them for myself.  I wonder if you ever get too old to like new things?

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

We didn't eat fresh fruit or vegetables in my house growing up so I'm kinda at a loss for what to do with them as an adult.  The produce section at the grocery store is a mystery to me other than basic apples, bananas and lettuce.  Having a child that decided to go vegan has really forced me to learn more about fresh vegetable options but it still hasn't created a desire for them for myself.  I wonder if you ever get too old to like new things?

Nope.  I'm over 60, and rejoined Weight Watchers five years ago.  While losing close to 100 pounds, I learned to like kale, brussels sprouts, jicama, and spaghetti squash. It's second nature for me now, to load up on fresh produce.  I love looking at my cookbook collection for ideas, as well as online recipes that I haven't tried.  I can't convince Mr. Xword to eat most green vegetables, so he eats mostly tomatoes and a few other raw veggies.  It can be done :)

• Love 8

Dear Whiny Janelle, A brisk walk with your happy doggo IS a work out. That first post could have been re-written to say "Too busy today to hit the gym but taking a brisk walk with Bryn is a work-out in itself!" You tried to put a positive spin on it, but after so much negativity, it didn't come through. Sincerely, GC

PS. You didn't need to yell in your second post. Sounds like you are still stressed. Go have some tea. xoxo

• Love 19
54 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

With your anti-depressant.

I've taken a low-dose antidepressant for years.  If I had to live that plyg-life, I'm sure I'd be on the maximum dose.  Having to dill with drama?  And Meri and Kody in particular?  No thank you.

• Love 7
On 9/30/2018 at 4:48 PM, ginger90 said:

I’m often perplexed by Janelle’s posts.......

73C7B1C3-B39E-47F6-A434-B912DFA82A2E.jpeg

I buy a lot more produce than that for just the two of us.  And I have to go back a couple of times during the week.  If your kid likes pear crisp, make her a freaking pear crisp.  It isn't like they cannot afford it.  

• Love 6
On 10/1/2018 at 12:58 PM, smarty2020 said:

Not at all!  I am 50 and I just tried vegan cheese and I liked it (it sorta scared me since my last attempt w fake cheese)!  I have developed a HUGE love affair with roasted veggies.  I make giant pans of them a few times a week and I actually crave them (the Mr. and I fight over the browned bits of cauliflower).  The more you eat of the good stuff the more you will want it.  I was raised similarly.  We had apples, bananas, tomatoes, broccoli and green beans for the most part.  

• Love 4

There weren't options for fresh produce as a kid?  They just invented fresh vegetables?  Or was it that fabulous, amazing plyg lifestyle that kept kids from eating anything fresh.

On Escaping Polygamy it was mentioned that a lot of plyg homes smell like garbage or spoiled food because they go dumpster diving to feed themselves.  Sure makes me want to embrace the lifestyle - not.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

There weren't options for fresh produce as a kid?  They just invented fresh vegetables?  Or was it that fabulous, amazing plyg lifestyle that kept kids from eating anything fresh.

On Escaping Polygamy it was mentioned that a lot of plyg homes smell like garbage or spoiled food because they go dumpster diving to feed themselves.  Sure makes me want to embrace the lifestyle - not.

You would think with that many hands gardens would be a thing.  I am glad that wasn't my life.

I may have mentioned it before but my grandparents were Mormon (and maybe some polygs in the bunch years ago) and when they were building their house in Kanab, there were some boys working on it from a polygamist family who wanted my sisters BIG TIME.  I found the concept hilarious.  My teen sisters weren't so thrilled.  The best part of that trip?  Eating all the candy bars in their doomsday prep pantry.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

when they were building their house in Kanab, there were some boys working on it from a polygamist family who wanted my sisters BIG TIME. 

The Johnsons! From Johnson Canyon, just east of Kanab. One of the original plyg families in Utah and the family that took over running Lee's Ferry across the Colorado River after John D. Lee was executed for the Mountain Meadow Massacre in 1877. Also one of the root families of the FLDS. All the men and boys do construction. They laid the carpet in my house when I lived in Utah. The usual- the males wear button down shirts, always buttoned up to the neck and at the cuffs no matter the weather, tucked into jeans and Justin boots. Hands in front pockets. Women in traditional plyg dresses.

Janelle's zucchini noodle bowl looks good, except I would use real noodles because, you know, flavor and life's too short. But again, all this good eating and exercising she does and zero results. What the heck is really going on?

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

The Johnsons! From Johnson Canyon, just east of Kanab. One of the original plyg families in Utah and the family that took over running Lee's Ferry across the Colorado River after John D. Lee was executed for the Mountain Meadow Massacre in 1877. Also one of the root families of the FLDS. All the men and boys do construction. They laid the carpet in my house when I lived in Utah. The usual- the males wear button down shirts, always buttoned up to the neck and at the cuffs no matter the weather, tucked into jeans and Justin boots. Hands in front pockets. Women in traditional plyg dresses.

Janelle's zucchini noodle bowl looks good, except I would use real noodles because, you know, flavor and life's too short. But again, all this good eating and exercising she does and zero results. What the heck is really going on?

I still contend, (and will continue to!!) that janelle tops off all these healthy meals/drinks/snacks with a bag of Fritos (which could be anything, really,) and she doesn't realize it until the bag is empty or just isn't telling.  She might also be cleaning up the leftovers of her family. 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I still contend, (and will continue to!!) that janelle tops off all these healthy meals/drinks/snacks with a bag of Fritos (which could be anything, really,) and she doesn't realize it until the bag is empty or just isn't telling.  She might also be cleaning up the leftovers of her family. 

Her appetite must be gargantuan.  The other day she posted her mid-morning snack, which consisted of a bowl of oatmeal, a smoothy and a latte or some other coffee drink.  I don't know what time she eats breakfast but that seemed like a meal in itself rather than just a little something to tide her over until lunch.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

You can't eat just the type meals and portions that she posts and not be losing weight at her size.  I'm a LOT smaller than Janelle and I would lose weight on the meals and portion sizes that she usually posts.  I'm guessing that not only is she snacking and eating the leftovers, but there is maybe one healthy meal out of say six to nine take out or restaurant meals.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

CRAZY!!!!!  Well my sisters really coulda been living the life.  HA!  

• Love 2

She may get the last laugh without the need for legal action against this company.  No one with even half of a brain cell will buy a weight loss product associated with Janelle.  She's hardly a success story.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, MonicaM said:

She may get the last laugh without the need for legal action against this company.  No one with even half of a brain cell will buy a weight loss product associated with Janelle.  She's hardly a success story.

Yep. I agree with Janelle that it is "false and misleading" to associate her with weight loss. Don't believe she's mentioned losing any weight whatsoever during her journey. You can't make this stuff up.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

DBCBA840-2D55-4F37-BCB5-C2B4CBE569EA.jpeg

I agree with other posters that, if she’s eating just what she’s posting, weight loss should be obvious. She looks THE SAME in that photo with Christine, while Christine looks great. 

Just, whatever. I wish janelle the best but please STOP with the Strive stuff! 

• Love 4