Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

Wonder if she got any bites on selling the house?  And, is it still only Christine's that's listed?  That's weird.  Maybe they think they'll get more money if they only have one at a time for sale.

Who can understand Brownthink?  Must be a plyg thing...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Sorry but that looks like a pile of vomit.

Yeah, when I clicked on this page that picture filled up my whole kindle screen. I made myself stare at it for a while before I scrolled down to read because wanted to see if I could figure out what it was.

I could not get past thinking it was puke. I was pretty sure Janelle wouldn't post a picture of puke, but that was all I could come up with.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

I don’t really follow her, but from what I’m seeing here, does she really just post food pictures all the time?? And yet she hasn’t lost weight from all this supposed healthy stuff she’s posting about?  Boring!  Gimme real lasagna, no cabbage noodles.

A cruciferous vegetable as a noodle replacement? I love cabbage and that sounds terrible to me. Also given all the cheese that's in lasagna--and cheese/grease in the photo--might as well enjoy the real deal. Cabbage "noodles" won't help that much. 

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

A cruciferous vegetable as a noodle replacement? I love cabbage and that sounds terrible to me. Also given all the cheese that's in lasagna--and cheese/grease in the photo--might as well enjoy the real deal. Cabbage "noodles" won't help that much. 

Considering the 'gassy" nature of cruciferous vegetables, which ferments in your intestines, this dish just turns my stomach.   Lasagna with cabbage farts just offends my olfactory senses.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

OMG!!!.  I thought the same thing, I love lasagna and cabbage but not together.  I might try the zucchini strips in place of the noodles, but that is only because it is mostly tasteless.

The zucchini "noodles" are a great substitute, as is eggplant (if you know how to prepare eggplant so that it doesn't turn to glue or goo).    I have a spiralizer attachment for my Kitchen-Aid and use it to make wide zucchini strips for many dishes.  You can even make low-carb egg noodles using almond or flax flour, or if you can find it, the shirataki flour that Miracle Noodles use to make zero carb, zero gluten noodles.   Hell, even using layers of spinach makes more sense than cabbage.

If you are going to go low carb, at least make it gut friendly.   For 3 years I was on the Atkins Diet, and have maintained my 53 pound weight loss for 2 years.  Never did I make anything that disgusting.  But I am also an excellent chef that loves food.....that was how I gained 50 unwanted pounds.

Edited by DesertDude
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, DesertDude said:

Considering the 'gassy" nature of cruciferous vegetables, which ferments in your intestines, this dish just turns my stomach.   Lasagna with cabbage farts just offends my olfactory senses.

I was thinking the same thing.  She seems to mention a problematic tummy so maybe cabbage isn't a great choice.  I have seen people use zucchini or eggplant in place of pasta before.  It is sturdier so maybe she could try that.  But then again, there are lots of things she could try.

**maybe I should freaking read or maybe just look to the post above mine because zucchini has been addressed!

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I was thinking the same thing.  She seems to mention a problematic tummy so maybe cabbage isn't a great choice.  I have seen people use zucchini or eggplant in place of pasta before.  It is sturdier so maybe she could try that.  But then again, there are lots of things she could try.

**maybe I should freaking read or maybe just look to the post above mine because zucchini has been addressed!

I actually figured that she most likely had a thyroid problem, e.g., hypothyroidism.   In that case she should avoid  Goitrogens: cabbage, broccoli, kale, cauliflower, and spinach.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If this is how she is in real life, she must be absolutely exhausting to deal with. 

Sometimes I get the feeling she is searching for uplifting messages from her limited fanbase. because she doesn't get it from anyone else. She is such a sluggy whiner that everyone else in her life just turn a deaf ear to her. Soon, those who support her online will too, because you can only take so much for so long. We have been fed up with it since the second whiny post.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Sometimes I get the feeling she is searching for uplifting messages from her limited fanbase. because she doesn't get it from anyone else. She is such a sluggy whiner that everyone else in her life just turn a deaf ear to her. Soon, those who support her online will too, because you can only take so much for so long. We have been fed up with it since the second whiny post.

Janelle must not have an army of sycophants a la Super Seller Sister Wife.  She (Janelle) should have thought of LuLaNo first.  I doubt whether J would be as rude to her fanbase.  She's whiny as all get-out, but Maddie would have not had such a hard-ass "boss" to dill with.

• Love 3

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Meri and I'm not making excuses for her.  However, whenever someone mentions that Meri made Janelle's life difficult, I can't help but think that if i had to live with Janelle, I would go ballistic. 

She writes melancholy posts about her diet and exercise struggles, but clearly doesn't lose weight.  Every one of her posts reads as if she's spending yet another day in a maximum security prison.  According to one of our wonderful spies here on PTV, she had a booth at a trade show for her Strive brand, but she did nothing to put herself forward to start conversations or drum up business.   She's supposedly the agent to sell Christine's house, but again, thanks to some great detective work by a member of PTV,  we know that she evidently ignored people who came to the open house.   She's been a real estate agent for how long and has no recorded sales.

I suspect that in her passive aggressive, do nothing way, she's just as difficult to live with, if not more, than Meri.  She's not as "in your face" as Meri, but in her way, i suspect she's equally as frustrating to anyone who wants to do more than sit back, sigh, and pontificate on how difficult it is to be Janelle.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Janelle must not have an army of sycophants a la Super Seller Sister Wife.  She (Janelle) should have thought of LuLaNo first.  I doubt whether J would be as rude to her fanbase.  She's whiny as all get-out, but Maddie would have not had such a hard-ass "boss" to dill with.

She wouldn't be rude to her fan base, but would she actually try to make any sales?  Maddie seems to have more energy and ambition than her mother.  If Maddie wants to stay with LuLaNo, couldn't she go out on her own?  She might still be part of Meri's pyramid, but she wouldn't have to work directly with her.

(Sorry I'm posting too much.  I'm not feeling well enough to do anything productive, but not feeling bad enough to stay off the computer.)

• Love 7

I think Janelle writes well.  Maybe she's not much of a people person in real life but she does make her blog posts very readable.  I can relate to her feelings in regards to the internal struggle of knowing you need to exercise but not really looking forward to doing it.  While I wouldn't look to Janelle for coaching I do find what she posts to be relate-able and coherent.  Mariah on the other hand - her posts are only surface level without depth.

• Love 4

Janelle's definitely a sad sack, but if I had to pick her or Meri to spend a day with, I'd opt for being depressed.  Meri can be just as much of a downer, but her in-your-face manner just pisses me off.  

I wouldn't buy anything from any Sister Wife, or their stud, either.  MLM's suck IMO.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Janelle's definitely a sad sack, but if I had to pick her or Meri to spend a day with, I'd opt for being depressed.  Meri can be just as much of a downer, but her in-your-face manner just pisses me off.  

I wouldn't buy anything from any Sister Wife, or their stud, either.  MLM's suck IMO.

I feel maybe I could cheer Janelle up by putting on a damn fine imitation of Meri.  I think Janelle may have a sense of humor and I'm sure she would feel vindicated that others recognize just where things stand in the family structure.

• Love 6
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:30 AM, TurtlePower said:

That's a matter of opinion.

15 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

That's a tough call, but I think I'd pick Meri, simply because I think she'd be more fun to hang out with. I would pick her brain and try to get her to dish. I'm fairly energetic and outgoing, but I feed off the person I'm with as well. I don't want to carry the conversation myself. I feel like I wouldn't get much back from Janelle.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

She's referring to the craft services table, right?  Where the heck else does she work?!?!

A "stocked break room" also known as the talking head "set up" space from the telly show.  That's my guess when she endlessly refers to "work".  Social Media "work"....sit on the couch and surf for new trendy things to post about how hard it is to cook.  Strive "work" sit at a desk and type up her posts and be an "influencer" to the needy fans, and Work work.  Sit in a made up room and be the modern face of polygamy. Exhausting.  

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

That's a tough call, but I think I'd pick Meri, simply because I think she'd be more fun to hang out with. I would pick her brain and try to get her to dish. I'm fairly energetic and outgoing, but I feed off the person I'm with as well. I don't want to carry the conversation myself. I feel like I wouldn't get much back from Janelle.

To me, she'd be a nightmare to hang out with. She's a walking rug with all her deceptions swept under it. You see it, you remember it, you know it's there--yet here she is trying to present this happy, strong version of herself. I don't buy it because any time anyone brings up her transgressions, she immediately plays the "victim" card. This is why the family doesn't want to trust her. I can't wait to see what kind of crap they're going to show her pulling this season. 

On 9/19/2018 at 4:52 AM, Higgins said:

That's a matter of opinion.

Yeah, Janelle's cabbage lasagna is like my burnt toast. I love burnt toast. I'm sure everyone's got their "burnt toast" foods that most people would hate. 

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

To me, she'd be a nightmare to hang out with. She's a walking rug with all her deceptions swept under it. You see it, you remember it, you know it's there--yet here she is trying to present this happy, strong version of herself. I don't buy it because any time anyone brings up her transgressions, she immediately plays the "victim" card. This is why the family doesn't want to trust her. I can't wait to see what kind of crap they're going to show her pulling this season. 

Yeah, Janelle's cabbage lasagna is like my burnt toast. I love burnt toast. I'm sure everyone's got their "burnt toast" foods that most people would hate. 

I just mean the idea of dietary fat being unhealthy is an opinion.

• Love 2
On 9/20/2018 at 7:53 AM, Higgins said:

I just mean the idea of dietary fat being unhealthy is an opinion.

I don't think that at all--it was just that the image of the lasagna appeared greasy to me. It was not my intention to imply that fats are unhealthy overall. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I don't think that at all--it was just that the image of the lasagna appeared greasy to me. It was not my intention to imply that fats are unhealthy overall. 

No, but may people do.

• Love 1

I get her excitement over having the whole family in the house at one time.  When your kids are older that is a rare occurrence and something to celebrate.  I obsess over the menu when I know all my family will be home so I can understand Janelle's attempt to have it all planned out.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

You're the "professionally trained" nutritionist, Janelle.  How about YOU share with us?

So wherever she's living has room for 6 kids, plus presumably Michelle, Caleb, and Axel.  Wow.

Janelle should call on her dearest sister wife (Meri) and farm some of them out to her no-doubt empty house.  Show us ignoramus monogamists how sisterhood works for you.

Oh, but maybe not.  Meri's toxic, especially (apparently) to Maddie, at least.  Never mind.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

I can understand Janelle's attempt to have it all planned out.  

Well, sure.  But don't expect us to do the work for you, Janelle.  What else do you have to do while sitting around in Christine's empty house ignoring potential buyers who drop the open house?

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, sure.  But don't expect us to do the work for you, Janelle.  What else do you have to do while sitting around in Christine's empty house ignoring potential buyers who drop the open house?

Yeah, what else does she had have to do? Its not like she's working 60 hour work weeks or even 40 hours or even 10 hours that she has no time to plan on what to do. She does nothing at all. All day, every day, ignoring anyone wanting to buy a house. Even sleep is too much work for Janelle.  

• Love 6