Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

On 10/31/2018 at 5:47 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

The bulletproof coffee with MCT and grass fed butter is supposed to replace your breakfast and keep you full of energy and not hungry for at least 4-6 hours.  Provided you don't have issues with your cholesterol.  They say it has a good taste.  

I know a few fitness freaks who swear by this, but they also regulate their diet and work out like beasts. Unlike Janelle "The Clueless" Brown. "Ghee is crazy interesting stuff". No shit, used by people for thousands of years. Idiot. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I haven't bought a house since the late 80's.  Is $153 a square foot, what houses in general go for these days?  I know a lot depends on location.

@toodles, what say you?  You're kind of in the area.

I looked at a couple of the similar listings on Zillow. From the ones I looked at, price per square foot ranged from $129. - $194.

2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Some of us roll out of bed and have to go to a freaking job Janelle!  I have said it before and I will say it again.  She has too much freaking time on her hands.  

Everything gets in the way for Janelle. Now it’s a robe.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I looked at a couple of the similar listings on Zillow. From the ones I looked at, price per square foot ranged from $129. - $194.

Robes are the gatekeeper's to success I guess.  Where is Cher saying SNAP OUT OF IT when we need her?

• Love 9

I'm not in touch with the real estate market so I can't really say. 

i will say that for that asking price most people would expect a pool.  No pool for the Brownies.  Unless they did some touch ups they are going to have a tough time.  Those houses were rough looking.

i had a friend that recently sold a house in that price range.  She had a pool and made sure the house was in tip top condition. It still took several months.  It's what people expect in that price range.  IMHO, they need to put some money into the properties and make them look purty.  

• Love 12
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I swear every time Janelle posts something like this it makes me think of a remark from an old Saved By the Bell episode when Lisa's snobby boyfriend correctly describes each one of her friends when he gets to Zach he simply remarks that sleep is too much work for him. Janelle is the only real person who fits that perfectly. I think of it every time she posts things like that. 

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, lma said:

Is that a mug or a candle? Janelle’s photos suck so bad.

It may be a copper lined Moscow Mule cup.  Maybe she should try that, it may put more pep in her step than oily coffee.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It may be a copper lined Moscow Mule cup.  Maybe she should try that, it may put more pep in her step than oily coffee.

Sandy, I worked in the yard today raking leaves (a ton of them.)  I'm old and lazy.  Not Janelle lazy, but 60-something lazy.  What's a Moscow Mule?

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sandy, I worked in the yard today raking leaves (a ton of them.)  I'm old and lazy.  Not Janelle lazy, but 60-something lazy.  What's a Moscow Mule?

A drink I never did take a fancy to...Vodka, ginger beer and lime topped with a mint sprig.  Served in copper lined mugs to retain the icy cold.  I made the comment because the rim of Janelle's cup seemed to have a copper rim.

I'm old and lazy too, 30-40 huge old maples on my little acre, this year I'm going to call the leaves mulch.  No neighbors that this would infringe on, so I don't feel too guilty.

19 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

• Love 6
8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I swear every time Janelle posts something like this it makes me think of a remark from an old Saved By the Bell episode when Lisa's snobby boyfriend correctly describes each one of her friends when he gets to Zach he simply remarks that sleep is too much work for him. Janelle is the only real person who fits that perfectly. I think of it every time she posts things like that. 

Seriously. What the heck is she talking about? Any and every little thing can drive her "off course". Stay in your robe for one minute longer and the whole day is shot to hell. WTF? It's all in your head Janelle, it's all in your head.

• Love 14
48 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Any and every little thing can drive her "off course".

It's like she is trying to live this highly regimented life, where she does the same things over and over and over, in the exact same order every day. If something pops up to interrupt the the regime, then she just falls apart. I guess she really was happiest back in the day, before the show, when she lived alone in her home away from the family, getting up and going to work at her state job, letting Logan take care of the kids, coming home and starting all over the next day. Add in a once a week visit from the DoucheMan- no stress, no mess for Janelle. Now, with all these expectations on her, she just can't deal with anything, even relaxing.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

It's like she is trying to live this highly regimented life, where she does the same things over and over and over, in the exact same order every day. If something pops up to interrupt the the regime, then she just falls apart. I guess she really was happiest back in the day, before the show, when she lived alone in her home away from the family, getting up and going to work at her state job, letting Logan take care of the kids, coming home and starting all over the next day. Add in a once a week visit from the DoucheMan- no stress, no mess for Janelle. Now, with all these expectations on her, she just can't deal with anything, even relaxing.

She seemed better on her own. Decisive, on track. Happy even. What we have now are confusing, blubbering "discoveries" from a woman who is trying to run a business in which she's had zero success. She's better off with fewer variables to deal with. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 5

For me what comes through Janelle's blogs is her negative, passive attitude. She is like Eyore in the Winnie the Pooh books. I don't think that Janelle could have been that much easier to live with than Meri was.

• Love 10

Well, the local dermatologists must be loving this.  #tanning beds?  Have none of these morons ever heard of skin cancer?  Melanoma?

One idiotic scheme after another.  Together the lot of them have the IQ of a gnat.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, the local dermatologists must be loving this.  #tanning beds?  Have none of these morons ever heard of skin cancer?  Melanoma?

One idiotic scheme after another.  Together the lot of them have the IQ of a gnat.

Vegas is full of tanning salons and many of the newer beds are better. The top-of-the-line booths/beds are $$$$$, it's not a bad business venture. 

• Love 1

A collaboration:

TanningReportShareDownload723

VEGAS TANNERS!! SHADES TANNING BOUTIQUE is collaborating with Madison Brush (Maddie Brown) to offer you a chance to shop her Lularoe and tan in one afternoon! We will be doing this at our store location Saturday, November 10th from 2 to 6! Come join the fun!!! 

• Love 3

Today is November 5. Eeyore has a little over 2 weeks to gird her loins for Thanksgiving. Because it's all about food, and we know how she gets about food. :::sigh:::

Thanksgiving is also opening day of eating season, which lasts until January 1, so we're really in for it. 

• Love 5

I bet she just didn't have any breakfast food in the house after her long weekend traveling and had to settle for the left-over veggies from take-out dinner last night. All the rest of that blah-blah-blah was bull shit from some obscure blog written by some crunchy mama in Iowa or something.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Vegas is full of tanning salons and many of the newer beds are better

The beds aren't the problem.  The tan itself is the problem.  Take it from someone who has had skin cancer removed and a cousin with melanoma.  We grew up using suntan lotion that, back in those days, was nothing more than grease.  We are paying now.  Even the CDC says that there is no such thing as safe tanning.

6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Was she Scarlett O'Hara in a previous life?

Yes, and she doesn't give a damn.  No, wait, that's Meri.

• Love 6
On 11/5/2018 at 10:51 PM, deirdra said:

Even if you don't get cancer, tanning ages the skin - who wants to look 10-20 years older than their age when they turn 40?

Never really liked tans. Whenever I see someone tanned, all I can think of is all the damage they have done to their skin.

On 11/5/2018 at 4:33 PM, ChristmasJones said:

"after a weekend of traveling I was craving the grounding and settling that root vegetables bring to my body."

I CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN'T

Translation:  "mmmmm......potatoes - get in my belly!!!!"

Lol, I can't either. All this woo woo stuff and these contemplative, meditative, whatever-the-latest-craze is posts make me crazy. I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but I just can't help thinking that Janelle is leading us on. I find it extremely hard to believe that she is living the lifestyle reflected in her blog.

• Love 9

"Lead butt' reminds me of my great-aunt's mother-in-law.  She was ancient when I was young, and had been married, I don't know, maybe 5 times.  She told me she left her last husband because he had "tiredness of the butt".  I haven't thought about her for a long time. She was really a kick.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

"Lead butt' reminds me of my great-aunt's mother-in-law.  She was ancient when I was young, and had been married, I don't know, maybe 5 times.  She told me she left her last husband because he had "tiredness of the butt".  I haven't thought about her for a long time. She was really a kick.

LOL, tiredness of the butt pretty much sums up Janelle (and totally sounds like something heard in Judge Judy's courtroom).

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

And "veggie taco" is different from "salad" how exactly?

Those are veggie lettuce wraps.  She's stretching to find a way to fool herself into thinking they're as tasty as tacos.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I love veggies, but Janelle has a knack for making something good look unappetizing. It looks like a plate for an iguana. 

A picture of just one “taco” on the plate , or separating them, may have helped the visual.

• Love 4
On 11/5/2018 at 4:37 AM, ginger90 said:

"IT MONDAY WHICH MEANS ONLY 3 DAYS UNTIL HALLOWEEN!!"

So the "woman entrepreneur's" first communique introducing her business opens like this?? I get that operating tanning beds doesn't require stellar writing skills, but anytime I see such glaring errors I wonder what other details are overlooked. 

Janelle is a terrible writer, photographer, and example. I wouldn't even subscribe to her Strive thing for free. She's always so negative (someone upthread said 'Eeyore' which is spot on....although I think Eeyore is much more likable.....man, I'm being a bitch today). If you are presenting yourself as a wellness coach or whatever she claims, you need to be approachable and relatable, but confident and a step ahead of the pack. She can't even inspire herself, why on earth would she expect others to follow and pay for her poorly written and woefully unprofessional output? 

Sorry for my bitchyness (is that even a word?).... I've been sick for days. Thank you all for cheering me up; I come to these boards to get a laugh reading your witty and well-written snark. You are my soul sisters. 

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

I get that operating tanning beds doesn't require stellar writing skills, but anytime I see such glaring errors I wonder what other details are overlooked. 

Proof read, people, proof read. Doesn't cost you a cent to avoid looking like uneducated idiots.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

806A597B-E4AF-4BB1-ADD2-A0425EBC224C.jpeg

I like this! Good for them. How can anyone be in Flagstaff and not enjoy the outdoors? 

Having said that, I predict that Janelle will start to lament about the cold days--and eventually the snow--much like she lamented about the overly hot days in Vegas. Instead of cross country skiing or some other outdoor winter activity, she will take it as an opportunity to hibernate (and then write posts about motivating herself out of hibernation). 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 6