Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

On 11/15/2018 at 10:55 AM, toodles said:

#IfoundmyshoesrightwhereIleftthem

#Idontneedtopostaboutmyshoes

#noonecaresthatIfoundmyshoestoday

#noonecaresaboutmyshoesatall

#everybodyknowsshoesarefascinating #especiallyjanellesshoes #hahajustkiddingjanelleisntinterestingatall

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

05ECA279-6FCB-4765-AFF4-7249B251A2F0.jpeg

C698BAB9-1C43-485A-B118-B0ED24DC1FA3.jpeg

She hasn't found A way to do this.  Yes, she does need cardio to burn the 150 lbs of fat she has hanging off of her (maybe I am over estimating the lbs of fat).  Weights are good as well but she has to burn the fat.  Like Mariah and her workouts which have done nothing for her overall size.  Do weight training in addition but get your heart rate up, do cardio for longer than you are used to, sweat, and keep doing it.   Frankly I think she just collects exercise equipment.

• Love 7

OK, I'm asking:  WTF are those things?  I'm not a gym-goer (not yet; if it gets too much colder outside for my walks, I may consider joining one.)

I did a lot of lifting in my former job, and I lift cases of whatever when I shop.  I'd rather walk and enjoy the outdoors.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

OK, I'm asking:  WTF are those things?  I'm not a gym-goer (not yet; if it gets too much colder outside for my walks, I may consider joining one.)

I did a lot of lifting in my former job, and I lift cases of whatever when I shop.  I'd rather walk and enjoy the outdoors.  

I love walks.  You get to see stuff, people watch, enjoy the weather.  You can also make it harder if you want by seeking hills.  This chick has no drive or imagination.  Eyeore indeed.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

They are kettlebells, originally used as counterweights for weighing crops in old time Russia. Circus strongmen used to lift the really big ones to show off. There are dozens of ways to use them to exercise - I think they even have classes. I do kettle bell swings, figure eights and lunges as part of my training circuits, but I go to a gym and don’t own any...I’m guessing they get as much use at Janelle’s house as her spinning shoes ? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kettlebell

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/a20702565/kettlebell-workout/

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

? Look at the ingredients, perhaps, and wing it? Took me 20 seconds, and she has the package!

LOL!  Or maybe just buy another package?  There's no shame in keeping a few easy meals in the freezer for those "busy" times.  You could even still add more of your own spices. *gasp*

• Love 9
On 11/15/2018 at 7:22 AM, bamaview said:

As far as the new season....Of course they won't show the actual move this season. This is how they get another season / paycheck. We will probably see up until the moving trucks pull away, then be left to wonder what the actual living arrangements will be. The information that they are recording in a warehouse in Flagstaff makes since now, they don't want to give the viewers any hints of where they are living while filming there "couch sessions". I hope they are more sensible with this move and build smaller, more efficient homes. Christine only has 3 at home, and 2 of them are in high school, Jenelle only has 2 at home, and her youngest son is almost grown, Meri has no one at home, and only needs a 2 bedroom so there is a place for Mariah and Audrey to stay when they visit. Robyn is the only one with a larger family and small children.  The children have shown that they leave the nest as soon as they are grown. The show can only go on for so long. Let's hope they are thinking of their future and being able to pay a mortgage payment when the show goes away. If it was me, I would build whatever my TV paycheck could pay off in the next few years.

Wouldn't Meri need a 3 bedroom house since Mariah and Audrey are not married?  Premarital sex is such a no no in this family.  Kody basically called (On air no less) Michelle a girl with loose morals since she and Logan chose to live together before marriage.  Robyn about had an anuerysm when the anthropology students visited because she did not want her children exposed to a lifestyle she did not approve of.  I believe Robyn used the phrase "shacking up" even.  

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, aimlessbird said:

Wouldn't Meri need a 3 bedroom house since Mariah and Audrey are not married?  Premarital sex is such a no no in this family.  Kody basically called (On air no less) Michelle a girl with loose morals since she and Logan chose to live together before marriage.  Robyn about had an anuerysm when the anthropology students visited because she did not want her children exposed to a lifestyle she did not approve of.  I believe Robyn used the phrase "shacking up" even.  

Robyn getting her titties in a twist over the anthropology students is laughable.  When Kody was a-courting her, she lived with her 3 kids, a 5 hour drive from Lehi. Would she have us believe that he would make a 10 hour round trip in one day just to spend a precious hour or so with her?  Possibly he bunked on the couch or took a nearby motel, but I somehow doubt that.

When he was summoned from Robyn's place to attend Truely's birth, he and Robyn were seen k-i-s-s-i-n-g goodbye on her front porch.  Another no-no I believe.

• Love 5

Oh, I know.   I was being very superficial here.  The Browns and especial Kody and Robyn are such narcissistic hypocrites.  But then again Robyn is the only woman I have heard of that regained her purity back to give it to the man she was supposed to give it to in the first place.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Robyn getting her titties in a twist over the anthropology students is laughable.  When Kody was a-courting her, she lived with her 3 kids, a 5 hour drive from Lehi. Would she have us believe that he would make a 10 hour round trip in one day just to spend a precious hour or so with her?  Possibly he bunked on the couch or took a nearby motel, but I somehow doubt that.

When he was summoned from Robyn's place to attend Truely's birth, he and Robyn were seen k-i-s-s-i-n-g goodbye on her front porch.  Another no-no I believe.

4 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

Oh, I know.   I was being very superficial here.  The Browns and especial Kody and Robyn are such narcissistic hypocrites.  But then again Robyn is the only woman I have heard of that regained her purity back to give it to the man she was supposed to give it to in the first place.

And we can't forget about her Victoria's Secret bill. The only person in the world who apparently only went to VS for pants because she couldn't find long pants anywhere else. 

• Love 11

I use one (actually the plastic bottle variation available at drug stores).  When you have allergies, they can be helpful to rinse out offending allergens.  Fortunately, I only need to use mine about once a week in allergy season (which it is for me right now).  If you use distilled water and warm it slightly (12 seconds in the microwave), it's not so bad.  

• Love 3

But you guys, Janelle is a Health Coach! She knows all kinds of stuff that we don't! She can advise us on how to "STRIVE" our way to better health! She's even certified!

Janelle is a health coach...Meri & Christine are "Fashion Consultants" for LuLaNo...it's like they are all seeking out the title they are least qualified for! LOL! What's next, Robyn being a "grammar consultant"? Kody being a "hair stylist"?

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Lawd, yes, those things are nasty. Yuck.

HA!  I had one for years but was too freaked to use it until I had a horrific sinus infection.  I think I didn't really think it through when I bought it because I was horrified how gross it was.  It was horrible and I am not sure how much it helped me.  Why I didn't expect what would happen astounds me.  If you are squeamish, it's best to not use it with a sinus infection.  Trust me.

• Love 1

I used a Neti pot one year when I was have lots of sinus and cold issues.  It never seemed to help much.  Was weird but after using a few times got the hang of it.  But my problems never went away.  I finally went to the doctor and he said throw it away.  You can get a major infection in your nasal cavity that could do you in.  He said if you think you need something go to the store and buy saline mist and use it several times a day.  Plus a nurse told my mother to keep from getting sick in the winter time.  To use a small amount of neosporin and put it on your finger and put a thin layer on the inside of your nasal passages, it helps keep the germs out.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, neh said:

I tried using a nettie pot once. It hurt my sinuses. There is a reason they went antique.

I had the same reaction.  Some people can't use them and I'm one of them.  I'm also one of those people that has to wear nose plugs if I go swimming.  I could never master that and concluded it's my sinuses, not that I didn't know how to do it.  I did everything right and still experienced sinus "burn" without the nose plugs.  Something about my sinuses is out of the ordinary.  I recently read online that I'm not alone and some people just can't with stuff like that.

The best thing for me is either Flonase or Ayr, a simple nasal mist.

Janelle seems to want to try everything she thinks all the cool people must be doing, and if she posts online that she's doing/eating all those things she can be one of the cool people too.

• Love 6

re sinus infection, OMG Yes to all the smart people giving cautions here. The sinuses are right next to brains and eyes.

Is Janelle, somehow, paid for posts? I don't know how blogs work (and she's not a blogger, per se, I realize that). I see blogs that yammer about dust cloth v feather duster or making your own popsicles. Helpful, and sometimes interesting, but not about product placement. Some of Janelle's posts are generic and some mention brand names. Is she paid something like piece rate for making a post? Did Kody crack the whip and say "You need to generate interest and eyeballs because ratings" and this gig keeps him off her back? Her posts are like One From Column A And One From Column B And My Work Here Is Done. IMO she's the oddest of an odd bunch so I guess I should give her credit for plodding along. I was freakin' amazed when I watched some Season 1 clips - she was so much heavier than she is now. So kudos for that.

• Love 2

Janelle’s actual Strive website has a blog. Her last entry was:

Fear Faith (Trust) & Control

by Janelle Brown May 30, 2018.

The description on the blog:

Janelle Brown is a certified health coach.  As such she provides support, accountability and occasionally some cheer-leading for her clients.  She is passionate about helping real women with real life challenges navigate their way to increased wellness and quality of life. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I used a Neti pot one year when I was have lots of sinus and cold issues.  It never seemed to help much.  Was weird but after using a few times got the hang of it.  But my problems never went away.  I finally went to the doctor and he said throw it away.  You can get a major infection in your nasal cavity that could do you in.  He said if you think you need something go to the store and buy saline mist and use it several times a day.  Plus a nurse told my mother to keep from getting sick in the winter time.  To use a small amount of neosporin and put it on your finger and put a thin layer on the inside of your nasal passages, it helps keep the germs out.

Vaseline works just as well. No need for antibiotic ointment.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle Brown is a certified health coach.  As such she provides support, accountability and occasionally some cheer-leading for her clients.  She is passionate about helping real women with real life challenges navigate their way to increased wellness and quality of life. 

She has clients?  That's a new one on me.  I only follow this board sporadically so if that's common knowledge, I apologize.

So anyway, I get it.  All this posting online is to show what a good health coach she supposedly is.  She posts all these trendy "healthy" practices to attract clients.

All she would have to do to become certified is take some $500 online program and pass a test.   Today I guess that's all someone needs to call themselves an "expert".

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Thanks for the description from her blog Ginger90.

"Passionate" and "provides cheer-leading"....what a joke! Those are pretty much that last words I'd ever use to describe Janelle. She's just so "blah". She can't have very many clients, you'd have to be a major idiot to want Janelle as your "coach". She wants to help me navigate my way to increased quality of life? I've seen her quality of life on the show...I think I'll blindly find my own way towards quality of life, thank you very much.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I think Janelle paid around $1000 for her online certification.  :)  

OooooOOOooooohh, I guess I'm supposed to be impressed, LOL. ;-)

She's so wishy-washy it's hard to see her as enthusiastic enough to be a coach of anything.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I'm glad that so far, Janelle hasn't been sucked into the vortex of Lulano, but I wonder why none of them consider a regular old 9-5 j.o.b.  with possible health/dental benefits and a pension plan.

But they're polygamists.  They aren't like everyone else.  And if you think differently, you're obviously persecuting them.  /sarcasm

• Love 10
On 11/27/2018 at 10:27 PM, suomi said:

re sinus infection, OMG Yes to all the smart people giving cautions here. The sinuses are right next to brains and eyes.

Well, I'm a mess from fighting cancer for twenty years so with a low immunity I get everything. I always have sinus issues. I've had several surgeries (horrible) and my ENT has me doing nasal rinsed at least twice a day.  I use the Dr Neil bottles and they come with saline packets; warm up some water and it takes 30seconds. If I don't do it I'm miserable. You can make your own saline solution (must have baking soda as a buffer!) but, to be honest, if it's not easy I won't do it. Yep. I'm a lazy one. I wouldn't do anything like this without a doctor's recommendation, though. 

• Love 8