Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Do people generally put pudding on top of ice cream?  Maybe it's a Utah thing?  Or more likely, a Meri thing.

No.  I would think if it is pudding, it's an alternative to the ice cream.  I thought her selections were a bit odd.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

I think the yellow stuff in the bowl is crushed pineapple.  Which is weird because the only ice cream available appears to be the giant container of cheap-o brand chocolate.  Pineapple on chocolate ice cream does not sound appealing to me. What if you don't like chocolate ice cream at all?  You're SOL, I guess.  

I guess it's Meri's party so you are only going to be offered the flavor of ice cream Meri likes.  

• Like 10
  • LOL 6

Did she not serve up her world-renowned Rice Krispie treats at all?  I mean, if those things were enough for Kody to consider getting back together with Meri for 2.6 seconds, surely they'd be good enough to serve guests who are paying 6 grand. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Did she not serve up her world-renowned Rice Krispie treats at all?  I mean, if those things were enough for Kody to consider getting back together with Meri for 2.6 seconds, surely they'd be good enough to serve guests who are paying 6 grand. 

The rice krispie treats were probably the main component of the swag bag along with a piece of leftover joolerey from MSWC.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
18 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I think the yellow stuff in the bowl is crushed pineapple.  Which is weird because the only ice cream available appears to be the giant container of cheap-o brand chocolate.  Pineapple on chocolate ice cream does not sound appealing to me. What if you don't like chocolate ice cream at all?  You're SOL, I guess.  

I guess it's Meri's party so you are only going to be offered the flavor of ice cream Meri likes.  

That's my thought on the yellow stuff, crushed pineapple usually served with vanilla ice cream sundaes. That bowl of chocolate stuff I believe is chocolate pudding. It's too light to be melted chocolate and there are 2 squeeze bottles of chocolate sauce on the table. 

I wonder if the menu changed each night or if she served the leftovers of chicken wings again. I cannot believe that she has the unmitigated gall to charge $4000-$6000 for three nights with this food all of which most likely came from the local Walmart.  If this is the best that Meri can come up with she should hire a party planner to come up with decent menus with a better presentation because this is pathetic and an insult to paying guests. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
45 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

If this is the best that Meri can come up with she should hire a party planner to come up with decent menus with a better presentation because this is pathetic and an insult to paying guests. 

In my opinion, any paying guest is pathetic.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

SO many comments on Meri’s Insta saying the same things we are. Many people stating they’ve had vacations overseas for less, spa packages in Vegas for less, etc. Accusing her of taking advantage in a country that’s struggling.

She is a terrible human being, as bad as a greedy CEO who doesn’t care who they take advantage of. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Just as with the last retreat, I'm down with it being overpriced and under delivering, but I don't get how Meri's IG haters say she's taking advantage of folks in a down economy. Its not like she's hoarding baby Tylenol and selling it for $50 bucks a bottle. Meri is a Z-list celebrity shilling a fool's retreat, and we all know what they say about fools...

• Like 14
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Just as with the last retreat, I'm down with it being overpriced and under delivering, but I don't get how Meri's IG haters say she's taking advantage of folks in a down economy. Its not like she's hoarding baby Tylenol and selling it for $50 bucks a bottle. Meri is a Z-list celebrity shilling a fool's retreat, and we all know what they say about fools...

I suppose, if someone is dumb (or crazed) enough to pay it, joke’s on them.

I desperately wish some rich person would go just to complain about the chintziness of it the whole time, demanding bottles of $1,000 champagne, the very best Wagyu beef and a sushi chef complete with an angry meltdown over the aluminum serving trays — a true Gordon Ramsay style tongue-lashing over her presentation. 

Angry Gordon Ramsay GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Like 3
  • LOL 11

Link — Mykelti and Tony talking about the catfish. Tony: “If it had not been a girl pretending to be a guy, who knows what would have happened.” Mykelti goes on to say Leon heard intimate conversations between the two, that Meri was “done” with her relationship to Kody and that it was unfair of Meri to be upset with Kody later on (not that it matters now, but that big ol pile of dirt that Meri swept under the carpet and tried to keep quiet is coming back out). 

As much as Mykelti can seem like a know it all, I agree with her here. 

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/sister-wives-mykelti-on-meri-kodys-abusive-marriage/amp/

• Like 9

As much as Mykelti can seem like a know it all, I agree with her here. 

I don't agree with Mykelti at all. Kody legally divorced Meri before the catfishing happened, and Kody has since said he was unhappy in his marriage to Meri from Day 1. And Kody is allowed to have 3 other wives, but Meri can't have a boyfriend. I just don't have a lot of sympathy for Kody in this, and I feel like Mykelti is piling on Meri because some of her siblings have been doing that lately. 

I am also guessing that Mykelti gets paid by these tabloids, no?

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

The Crystal Ball lady (I know, lol) has a video up on Youtube that shows Tony and Mykelti talking about Meri (and growing up as a Brown) taken from whatever platform it is they use for their spiels.  They pretty much put the blame for the failed marriage/relationship on Meri.  And Mykelti talks about about going hungry a lot when they were young.  Apparently they lived on Kody's dad's ranch and had to make do with eating his stale leftover bakery bread for dinner.  Said they were lucky if they had hot dogs to go with it.  At least this is what she claims. 

I've always heard that Kody was far from being Wynn's favorite child .... I'm sure this must have really improved his opinion of Kody.  Going broke and dragging his three wives and half a dozen kids back to Wyoming to shack up on the ranch and rely on his parents to provide for his brood. 

There is so much about the family that has been painted over.  I knew the whole happy family concept was bullshit and I knew they needed food stamps at one point (not shaming them for that). But it seems like we are only now finding out the real story about how miserable they were.  And for how long. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Like 10
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1

None of the wives nor Kody  had a college education when they married.  Janelle got hers later.   Unless they worked at a big manufacturing company, they probably didn’t earn much.  Once all 3 OG wives came into the picture, babies arrived left and right.  Day care for infants and toddlers was extremely expensive even in the mid 1990s.   If you worked  the kind of jobs that required evenings and weekends, even more so or non-existent.  So at least one of the wives had to be the stay at home mom. Meri and Kody took a lot of vacations( according to Janelle in the book), so Meri often quit her job.  

All that would mean any free or cheap food was probably accepted, and that they scrimped on the groceries as much as possible.  I believe MyKelti on this one item.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

@Celia Rubenstein thanks for that morsel of information, so prior to the family being on cable TV and using Janelles money (once again) to purchase the Lehi house, Kody had to drag the 3 wives and how many kids back to daddy's to live, yet broke and continued to have more kids, live off the government with food stamps because none of them had jobs. I think Kody wanted so desperately to please his dad, after all he became polygamous after his dad did I think. I would love to hear more stories from those good old times in Y-oming, like they were the Y-oming bush people

• Like 11
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I don't agree with Mykelti at all. Kody legally divorced Meri before the catfishing happened, and Kody has since said he was unhappy in his marriage to Meri from Day 1. And Kody is allowed to have 3 other wives, but Meri can't have a boyfriend. I just don't have a lot of sympathy for Kody in this, and I feel like Mykelti is piling on Meri because some of her siblings have been doing that lately. 

I am also guessing that Mykelti gets paid by these tabloids, no?

Spot on!

And I’m beginning to wonder of KODY is paying Mykelti.

10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The Crystal Ball lady (I know, lol) has a video up on Youtube that shows Tony and Mykelti talking about Meri (and growing up as a Brown) taken from whatever platform it is they use for their spiels.  They pretty much put the blame for the failed marriage/relationship on Meri.  And Mykelti talks about about going hungry a lot when they were young.  Apparently they lived on Kody's dad's ranch and had to make do with eating his stale leftover bakery bread for dinner.  Said they were lucky if they had hot dogs to go with it.  At least this is what she claims. 

I've always heard that Kody was far from being Wynn's favorite child .... I'm sure this must have really improved his opinion of Kody.  Going broke and dragging his three wives and half a dozen kids back to Wyoming to shack up on the ranch and rely on his parents to provide for his brood. 

There is so much about the family that has been painted over.  I knew the whole happy family concept was bullshit and I knew they needed food stamps at one point (not shaming them for that). But it seems like we are only now finding out the real story about how miserable they were.  And for how long. 

If you have a TikTok account, check out The Fresh King Benjamin. He is Kody’s nephew and was labor trafficked by Kody’s brother in that family bakery. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Just Wondering said:

If you have a TikTok account, check out The Fresh King Benjamin. He is Kody’s nephew and was labor trafficked by Kody’s brother in that family bakery. 

Will you please toss us a link for that, @Just Wondering? I don't have TikTok, but I can watch, if someone provides a link.

• Like 3

Is this a Lulu outfit that Meri is wearing? I do not understand why she consistently wears such awful clothing.  Also she never seems to wear her correct size.  If these are Lulu rags I guess maybe she wears them because she feel she “has to” but does Lulurag not offer bigger sized clothing? Her clothing always seems several sizes too small.  I get the clothes are just plain cheap-looking and ugly, but why can’t she find ones that fit? She’s bigger, but I don’t think she’s so big that there aren’t clothes in her size readily available. 

• Like 17
43 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Is this a Lulu outfit that Meri is wearing? I do not understand why she consistently wears such awful clothing.  Also she never seems to wear her correct size.  If these are Lulu rags I guess maybe she wears them because she feel she “has to” but does Lulurag not offer bigger sized clothing? Her clothing always seems several sizes too small.  I get the clothes are just plain cheap-looking and ugly, but why can’t she find ones that fit? She’s bigger, but I don’t think she’s so big that there aren’t clothes in her size readily available. 

I think Meri is one of those people who think skin tight clothing makes them look smaller and larger baggy clothing makes them look bigger.

Meri wears the tightest blue jeans I’ve ever seen, they look like they’re painted on and they aren’t at all flattering, neither are her too small t-shirts and jackets.

Meri isn’t a skinny little waif but I’ve seen plenty of women who are larger than Meri and they look very nice because they know what to wear… one of Meri’s biggest mistakes are the skin tight blue jeans accompanied with skin tight t-shirts and bomber jackets that cut off at the waist…. No, No, NO!

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think Meri is one of those people who think skin tight clothing makes them look smaller and larger baggy clothing makes them look bigger.

Meri wears the tightest blue jeans I’ve ever seen, they look like they’re painted on and they aren’t at all flattering, neither are her too small t-shirts and jackets.

Meri isn’t a skinny little waif but I’ve seen plenty of women who are larger than Meri and they look very nice because they know what to wear… one of Meri’s biggest mistakes are the skin tight blue jeans accompanied with skin tight t-shirts and bomber jackets that cut off at the waist…. No, No, NO!

Plenty of designers make clothes that would fit her better and possibly even flatter. LuLaShit isn’t one of them. It’s like the designers hate women and want them to appear cheap and terrible.

The jacket looks like it’s about to tear at the seams. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That tight, stretchless jacket just looks so uncomfortable.  I couldn't stand  it for five minures.

Getting it on and off doesn't look easy either. Like, really, why??

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

On Instagram, someone asked Meri:

FB65E0F4-EC97-497F-81F6-336161A2132A.jpeg

She responded:

3563FABB-B110-4753-83A2-9B62817E1B30.jpeg

So, after you pay, you get the details.

So, gamble and spend $6k without knowing what you’re getting.

Oh wait — we already know: a stay in a cold old house in cold ass Utah with a grating, conceited retreat organizer who serves stale Rice Krispie treats, cheap buffet food and hands out bags of leggings as “swag”.

Yeah that’s totally worth $6k 🙄 

• Like 2
  • LOL 14
48 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

Why in the world would she NOT give a description of what she's selling? How does that make any sense? What is she so afraid of?

She's the worst marketer... but the only thing I can possibly come up with is security concerns? Maybe she doesn't want to post details because of the press/public infringement. Idk, she's not actually a celebrity. I'm just throwing crap at the walls at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Well, it did say, say 2-5 activities.

That’s not enough information? 😂😂🤣

Sleeping and walking up and down those rickety stairs may be deemed activities.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

So, gamble and spend $6k without knowing what you’re getting.

Oh wait — we already know: a stay in a cold old house in cold ass Utah with a grating, conceited retreat organizer who serves stale Rice Krispie treats, cheap buffet food and hands out bags of leggings as “swag”.

Yeah that’s totally worth $6k 🙄 

Don't forget the lumpy brown dessert sauce! Mmm mmm good.

1552394400_ScreenShot2023-01-24at9_59_11PM.png.b011f49fbec6439c31f2e016d15107ad.png

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

She's the worst marketer... but the only thing I can possibly come up with is security concerns? Maybe she doesn't want to post details because of the press/public infringement. Idk, she's not actually a celebrity. I'm just throwing crap at the walls at this point. 

I'm thinking she really doesn't want any paying guests and this is all a show for her MLM downline people who get to come for free as a perk for their sales numbers. But this announcement lets Meri call herself a retreat organizer or what have you.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Last time wasn't one of the activities a bike ride?  For many of us, we would need to know the activities in advance because a bike ride would not work for us.  

I'd never go to a Meri event, but considerations like that don't seem to occur to Meri or more likely don't matter to her.

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Last time wasn't one of the activities a bike ride?  For many of us, we would need to know the activities in advance because a bike ride would not work for us.  

I'd never go to a Meri event, but considerations like that don't seem to occur to Meri or more likely don't matter to her.

Right. Saying an x-mile hike or bike ride without saying where would work. 

Edited by MrsKravitz
Missed a letter
  • Like 12
4 hours ago, General Days said:

1552394400_ScreenShot2023-01-24at9_59_11PM.png.b011f49fbec6439c31f2e016d15107ad.png

Can you shove that bowl over to Tuxcat, please! 

5 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I’m just throwing crap at the walls at this point. 

Always looking out for my fellow posters 😋 You might need more “crap” if any of it starts to stick!      

Ok but seriously she wants people to sign up without knowing what activities she’s planning!?!?!… what if there’s activities that someone can’t participate in due to health or other reasons?

Wow she’s so bossy!… “Do this, Do that, STFU and send me money!!!.. I’ll tell you what you need to know when I decide you need to know it!!!! Be quiet!! Sit your ass down!! Eat what I give you!!” Don’t use more than 3 squares of toilet paper!!!! Shut the hell up!! Go to bed!!! Quit snoring before I stick a clothespin on your snout!!! GO HOME!!! Write me a positive review or I’ll come to your house and kick your ass!!!!  😳

I’m at the point where I’d pay not to be anywhere near her!                                          

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 17
10 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I'm thinking she really doesn't want any paying guests and this is all a show for her MLM downline people who get to come for free as a perk for their sales numbers. But this announcement lets Meri call herself a retreat organizer or what have you.

This is my guess as well.  Even Meri has to know that what she is putting out there is absurd and no one would fall for it.  It's her way of weeding out the lookeylou's and avoiding having to wade through all the nonsense "applications" from the general public.  To those actual "prospects", she can tell them "look, I'm giving you a 5000% discount over the general public, I market this thing for 6K".  On top of that she can add to her "resume" the fact that she produces these exclusive over-the-top workshops for ridiculous amounts of money (without mentioning that no one actually paid for it). 

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

Meri is either sly as a fox by using this to reward her LulaRoe folks for free while billing it as a $6000 exclusive weekend retreat. Or she is completely out of touch with reality to think that this weekend retreat is worth more than $600 max. Who in their right mind would send Meri $4000-$6000 for this not knowing what the activities would be and especially after seeing pictures of the food that was served last time? 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Meri is either sly as a fox by using this to reward her LulaRoe folks for free while billing it as a $6000 exclusive weekend retreat. Or she is completely out of touch with reality to think that this weekend retreat is worth more than $600 max. Who in their right mind would send Meri $4000-$6000 for this not knowing what the activities would be and especially after seeing pictures of the food that was served last time? 

Especially when you can have a REAL retreat in Bali for the same price.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

It boggles my mind why she would think anyone in their right mind would pay this amount, now especially after posting the few pictures from the last failed attempt. The food she had catered (we saw the pictures) probably ran about 30.00 per person, the ice cream dump was probably less than 20.00 at the store. Her décor is old and reminds me of stuff you would buy at the thrift. The article Turtle posted above had a picture of this "luxurious" B&B bathroom which is a joke, heck a Motel 6 would be more grand and they would leave the light on for you

image.png.38da4eda453c30138ffd6ec33ddf29a1.png 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 12
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

It boggles my mind why she would think anyone in their right mind would pay this amount, now especially after posting the few pictures from the last failed attempt. The food she had catered (we saw the pictures) probably ran about 30.00 per person, the ice cream dump was probably less than 20.00 at the store. Her décor is old and reminds me of stuff you would buy at the thrift. The article Turtle posted above had a picture of this "luxurious" B&B bathroom which is a joke, heck a Motel 6 would be more grand and they would leave the light on for you

image.png.38da4eda453c30138ffd6ec33ddf29a1.png 

That just looks like a "regular person's" half bath, down to the plastic grocery bag used as a trash bag (which is very common for a lot of families). Your comment about the Motel 6 made me laugh. I have never stayed at an B&B, I know its a certain type of experience (which I am sure many people like) but come on Meri!

• Like 10
  • Love 2
On 1/22/2023 at 4:40 AM, Irate Panda said:

Lularot comes in size 3xl 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
On 1/16/2023 at 12:02 PM, laurakaye said:

Do people generally put pudding on top of ice cream?  Maybe it's a Utah thing?  Or more likely, a Meri thing.

Well since you're offering, I think I can speak for the thread when I say that we would like you to attend Meri's retreat and then rush back here and post all the details for us.  Thank you in advance! :)

My Mormon grandmother did (from Utah).  Try it!  It is so good.  She put warm chocolate pudding over vanilla ice cream.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 10