Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

This all happened on Twitter.  People on there were warning Meri almost from the get that it was all bullshit, but she refused to listen. 

That's right, it was the women who had been duped by the catfish previously (or knew someone who had been).  I couldn't link how the catfish drew such a following on her own.  It was prior victims that happened to also be following Meri and they sounded the alarm bells to Meri, who wanted so badly for it to be true, she ignored them, her daughter, her vows, and her principles

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm sure she has sycophantic fans kissing her ass and telling her how wonderful she looks.

Oh goodness yes, she sure does!  Sometimes when I want to feel extra ragey, I skim through her comments.  They include things such as, "You go girl!!"  "Meri you look beautiful and radiant!"  "#StrongWoman!"  Etc.  I sometimes wonder how many of those comments are from her fellow LLR pushers, or from real people who think she actually looks like that.  And of course you can always count on a blue heart emoji from BlairMichael too.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/852221/sister-wives-robyn-brown-jewelry-company-closed-meri-inn-shut-down-money-issues/

Older article, May 2020, but interesting info regarding the Brown's income stream.   From the article:

SISTER Wives star Robyn Brown’s jewelry company remains closed as Meri was forced to shut down her successful bed and breakfast amid the family’s financial issues.

According to Arizona Corporation Commission, My Sisterwife’s Closet’s business license remains active, The online store has been inactive for over a year.

As for second wife Janelle, 50, she obtained her real estate license while the family was living in Las Vegas.

But according to Arizona Department of Real Estate, Janelle does not have a real estate license in the state.

Fortunately for the cash-strapped family, Meri and third wife Christine, 48, sell clothing through LuLaRoe.

The family also receives a salary from Sister Wives on TLC.

Meri, 49, revealed on her Instagram Saturday that she has temporarily decided to close her bed and breakfast, Lizzie’s Heritage Inn... closed temporarily because of the coronavirus pandemic Credit: Instagram

• Useful 6
53 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Meri, 49, revealed on her Instagram Saturday that she has temporarily decided to close her bed and breakfast, Lizzie’s Heritage Inn... closed temporarily because of the coronavirus pandemic Credit: Instagram

Well Meri did try to keep it alive during the pandemic.  I guess there just weren't enough fans willing to keep it going by buying gee-gaws from Lizzie's online store.  Not many takers for $50. crystal grids, 2/$40. potholders or rice crispie treats at 4/$40.  Greedy and short-sighted.

Now we will be subjected to Meri's optimistic musings about how the Inn shall rise again, stronger than ever.

Edit to add: There may be an explanation for Meri declaring the Inn officially closed due to the pandemic.  Not sure how it works in Utah, but where I live, there are small business grants given to small businesses that employ 2 or more people.  Employees would be Bonnie, the cook that comes to prepare breakfast, probably a lady to clean and change linens and even Aud-Rey will be unemployed as the official PR person for the Inn.

There's always an angle with this bunch.  If there are free goodies being handed out, the Browns will be first in line. 

Edited by Sandy W
additional thought
  • Love 10
42 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Meri’s explanation doesn’t make sense to me. She keeps the inn open during the first almost year of the pandemic, but now as things are opening back up and people are traveling, she closes it? 

Government handouts must have run out.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Meri’s explanation doesn’t make sense to me. She keeps the inn open during the first almost year of the pandemic, but now as things are opening back up and people are traveling, she closes it? 

That article is a year old and the "Saturday" in the article isn't referring to now, it's referring to a year ago.

Meri closed Lizzies for a while at the beginning of the pandemic then she opened only for business travellers or something and now she's open for all with pandemic restrictions in place.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
On 1/31/2021 at 5:05 PM, Sandy W said:

Right up until their visit to Alaska, where Meri made her announcement about "don't be surprised if I just up and leave", Meri still believed that Sam was headed her way to sweep her off to the life of adoration and luxury she felt she deserved.  Everyone at the table seemed surprised except Robyn, who kept her head down and continued slurping her soup.  Possibly, Meri had confided in Robyn and Robyn had prior knowledge that this was Meri's intention or possibly Kendra, Robyn's friend and business associate had told Robyn about the plan.

Kendra was in on this up to her eyeballs and she is FOS, claiming to have met Sam in person and vouched for his authenticity as a male.  Jackie/Sam spilled all the details of the encounters that were made by voicemail, photos, and texts, but I don't remember how she gained an audience for her revelations.  When the VM and texts became public, Meri had no choice but to admit what she had been up to, there was no denying that was her voice and the photos of her with the banana and in her bathtub with "Sam" scratched into her leg were damning evidence.

Meri, in her usual self-defensive stance, claimed that she knew that the catfish wasn't a real male who she intended to run off with, but that she heroically played along to save the family.  She said that Jackie had made threats that she would reveal family Brown secrets if Meri quit responding and Meri was convinced that this was a possibility, as Jackie, when visiting Meri's house, had placed her phone on top of Meri's extracting personal data about the family. Right!

So the catfish actually came to her house and identified herself as "Sam?" When did Meri admit that she had been duped? This whole thing is so confusing. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

So the catfish actually came to her house and identified herself as "Sam?" When did Meri admit that she had been duped? This whole thing is so confusing. 

If I recall correctly Jackie (Sam) came to Meri's house when the Browns were promoting that water or whatever that they were selling.... It was like an Open House or something.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

That was the initial meeting before things got hot and heavy on twitter.  "Sam" expressed an interest in becoming a distributor for LIV Water, one of their MLM's they were flogging at the time (and still may be).  Meri invited "Sam to her home to pitch the product and, as luck would have it, he was busy with one of his many enterprises, so he sent his trusted business associate, "Lindsay" who was actually Jackie, the catfish.

This was the first of many times Meri fell for this masquerade, after things started to get steamy on twitter, Meri arranged to meet up with "Sam" at Disney and Meri took Mariah along (possibly to see how they interacted as potential step father/daughter).  Once again, he sent Lindsay to represent him, as with his vast empire to manage, he couldn't spare the time to meet up with his true love.

AS IF, first of all that a mega millionaire would be interested in becoming part of their downline for their rinky-dink water and second, that he would arrange their first meeting at Disney.  Maybe that's why Meri repeatedly still visits Disney every chance she gets, searching, searching for that handsome face in the crowds.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

That was the initial meeting before things got hot and heavy on twitter.  "Sam" expressed an interest in becoming a distributor for LIV Water, one of their MLM's they were flogging at the time (and still may be).  Meri invited "Sam to her home to pitch the product and, as luck would have it, he was busy with one of his many enterprises, so he sent his trusted business associate, "Lindsay" who was actually Jackie, the catfish.

This was the first of many times Meri fell for this masquerade, after things started to get hot and heavy on twitter, Meri arranged to meet up with "Sam" at Disney and Meri took Mariah along (possibly to see how they interacted as potential step father/daughter).  Once again, he sent Lindsay to represent him, as with his vast empire to manage, he couldn't spare the time to meet up with his true love.

AS IF, first of all that a mega millionaire would be interested in becoming part of their downline for their rinky-dink water and second, that he would arrange their first meeting at Disney.  Maybe that's why Meri repeatedly still visits Disney every chance she gets, searching, searching for that handsome face in the crowds.

Thanks Sandy I have a hard time remembering the details of Meri's love affair lol...

I still can't believe how dumb she was, she should have known better the first time Jackie (Lindsey) was sent in Sam's place, that's the oldest catfish scam ever plus she had Mariah warning her the entire time.

It pisses me off that she flipped the script and said she was protecting the family from Jackie revealing the Browns dirt, if Jackie actually downloaded Info from Meri's phone what's stopping her from sharing it anonymously.... Meri is full of shit. 

Did the family buy that load of BS?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Thanks Sandy I have a hard time remembering the details of Meri's love affair lol...

I still can't believe how dumb she was, she should have known better the first time Jackie (Lindsey) was sent in Sam's place, that's the oldest catfish scam ever plus she had Mariah warning her the entire time.

It pisses me off that she flipped the script and said she was protecting the family from Jackie revealing the Browns dirt, if Jackie actually downloaded Info from Meri's phone what's stopping her from sharing it anonymously.... Meri is full of shit. 

Did the family buy that load of BS?

When she blubbered out her rationale for going along with Sam to protect the family, most of them looked at her incredulously as if they didn't believe her, but because it was being filmed, they had the grace not to press the issue on TV.  I can imagine there was plenty said when the cameras stopped rolling though.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

When she blubbered out her rationale for going along with Sam to protect the family, most of them looked at her incredulously as if they didn't believe her, but because it was being filmed, they had the grace not to press the issue on TV.  I can imagine there was plenty said when the cameras stopped rolling though.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall, I bet they shit all over Meri and her BS in private.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some day when they're desperately in need of money we'll get a REAL "Tell All" book from Kody and the other wives with all the nasty details.

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

94F0BBD3-F23C-4415-A9F0-2527462868AB.jpeg

Who is that?.... It doesn't look like Blair Michael.... Is it his husband?

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Who is that?.... It doesn't look like Blair Michael.... Is it his husband?

I'm pretty sure it is Blair Michael (Struble), if you google Meri Brown Blair Michael, some photos come up that appear to me to be the same person.

Soap Dirt has a piece on them that is pretty funny.  Scroll down the page for a photo of Meri rocking a pair of orange gladiator bootees with red nail polish on her toes.

• LOL 4
12 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I think this is truer than we know - while she might not be scanning the crowd for his face anymore, I'm certain she goes there to feel the "high" that she got when she thought she was going to be swept away by her knight in shining armor.  I think it's also why she kept wanting to meet up with other women who'd been catfished by JO, because the more she could talk about it, the more she could go back to the time when she thought it was all real.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 1/31/2021 at 12:44 PM, Sandy W said:

She seems to forget that when the cameras roll, there is no friendly filter to erase the imperfections that she feels she must erase from the public.  The dewy, youthful, complexion and slender figure will be gone and the rill Meri Brown will be exposed.  Who does she think she's fooling?

Oh I laughed at the comment Meri made about how her squats “weren’t as deep” and blah blah blah on her insomnia post, like she’s some fitness queen.

We can SEE you, Meri. You’re kinda fat. You can’t out-squat your fork or hide your ruddy, swollen face from the cameras. 

• Love 7

If Meri had just told the truth, that her marriage to Kody was miserable and she got duped because she was desperate for love and attention from a man, I would have supported her. I would have been completely Team Meri. I would even have donated to a Save Meri GoFundMe page. But instead, she chickened out and played the victim. And then it had to drag out with us meeting all the other women who got cat fished so Meri could carry on the huge lie. The saddest part is that if she did admit what really happened, Kody and the other wives wouldn't even care. When they were in Alaska and she said she was leaving, the other wives were like whatever. But love is totally multiplied in the Brown family.

• Love 17
18 hours ago, Kellyee said:

If Meri had just told the truth, that her marriage to Kody was miserable and she got duped because she was desperate for love and attention from a man, I would have supported her. I would have been completely Team Meri. I would even have donated to a Save Meri GoFundMe page. But instead, she chickened out and played the victim. And then it had to drag out with us meeting all the other women who got cat fished so Meri could carry on the huge lie. The saddest part is that if she did admit what really happened, Kody and the other wives wouldn't even care. When they were in Alaska and she said she was leaving, the other wives were like whatever. But love is totally multiplied in the Brown family.

Same. I feel exactly the same—my disdain for Meri lies in how she presented this situation. She knew “Sam” might not be real—Mariah warned her! Then, Meri went ahead and played her part in pursuing the relationship which she then lied about and played victim. That’s why I dislike Meri. ALWAYS the victim, never responsible for her own actions. 

We will never forget those banana photos, Meri. Or the voicemails, which I have listened to. Meri Brown was in love, passionately, and ready to ditch her family for this person. 

And THAT is where she lost Kody completely and jacked up the whole family. Yes, there were troubles brewing, but Meri put the final nail in the coffin with the relationship and then some dirt in by lying about how it went down. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Autocorrect is a jerk
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Same. I feel exactly the same—my disdain for Meri lies in how she presented this situation. She knew “Sam” might not be real—Mariah warned her! Then, Meri went ahead and played her part in pursuing the relationship which she then lied about and played victim. That’s why I dislike Meri. ALWAYS the victim, never responsible for her own actions. 

We will never forget those banana photos, Meri. Or the voicemails, which I have listened to. Meri Brown was in love, passionately, and ready to ditch her family for this person. 

And THAT is where she lost Kody completely and jacked up the whole family. Yes, there were troubles brewing, but Meri put the final nail in the coffin with the relationship and then some dirt in by lying about how it went down. 

It's always good for a head shake when you hear the rationale of the Meri defenders for her cheating:

"Well he was cheating with 3 other women" --- That's what she signed up for, it isn't cheating when that's the concept of polygamy.

"Meri was neglected and lonely" --- So are 90% of the other members of this family.  A person of integrity removes themselves from an intolerable situation before plunging headlong into another relationship.

"The strength of her religious convictions would have kept her from actually leaving" --- Meri would have tossed aside her religion in a heartbeat for Sam, a Catholic, if he had been real. 

This "Strong Woman" lacks the guts and the grace to stand on her own bunion afflicted, gladiator bootee clad, feet.

Edited by Sandy W
  • LOL 4
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Not to defend Meri, because I cannot stand her manipulation and victimhood, BUT....Meri never owned up to her part in this mess.  However, neither did Kody.  It's like the two of them have been squaring off since this happened and waiting for the other one to admit to their role in the catfish saga.  Yes, Kody is technically cheating with three other women, yes Meri was raised plyg and supposedly knew what she was getting into (I would argue that perhaps she did not, once Kody married her ex sister-in-law).  But Kody divorced Meri for his shiny new underworld vixen (I mean, for the vixen's kids!  Think of the KIDS!!) and then promptly cast Meri aside like yesterday's hair plugs.  Kody could have played it much better, but he only had eyes for Robyn and he didn't care who he hurt in the process - Meri?  Doesn't matter, she's old and can't bear him any more spawn.  Janelle?  She doesn't care, is probably glad she dropped another day in the rotation.  Christine?  She's a wackjob anyway, she just needs to up her meds and she'll be fine.  Kody literally did not care about anyone else.  

And THIS is why I keep watching this show.  I blame Meri for the catfish saga.  Until I think about Kody's part in it, then I ease off on Meri.  Until she opens her mouth and demands $40,000 for a B&B.  Then I loathe her again.  Until I see Kody's stupid face and thousand-yard caveman stare.  I wish I could make up my mind.       

Same.  Only I make it a three-way with the script writers.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I don't know how Kootie kept a straight face when he said what Robo was getting:  "table scraps."  GTFOOH with that statement!  Kootie knows damn well what Robo gets:  most (I'd guess 90%) of his time is spent with the Dark Scheming Snake Wife.

He doesn't hide his hatred of Meri, and she looks pathetic hanging on to her divorced and discarded 'spiritual marriage.'

• Love 11

Ok. Rewatching Aspyn’s wedding episode and Mitch’s mom kindly offered to use her expertise and create hats (as Aspyn requested they wear). Ughh Meri of course wanting an ‘super edgy, statement piece’ hat. Groom’s mother Hannah then lovingly creates her that custom ‘edgy statement piece hat’ (at no expense to her either I’m sure).

All wives are good sports when the hats are revealed and are grateful for their creations... and then there’s Meri. Complaining and outright rude. Keeps groom’s mother up at midnight on the wedding eve, to alter it to her particular specifications. Like bitch much? So it’s not your dream hat, just say ‘thanks I love it’, suck it up, wear it and be thankful! It’s not like it’s HER wedding, or even her bio kids wedding. Noone cares what you wear Meri, it’s not about you. Such a diva.

The worst part is, what does she end up with after keeping poor Hannah up all night, recreating her hat? A super simple, plain fascinator type headpiece I see on sale in any mall. Nothing ‘edgy or statement piece’ at all. Meri is a contrary selfish straight-up cow. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
21 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Ok. Rewatching Aspyn’s wedding episode and Mitch’s mom kindly offered to use her expertise and create hats (as Aspyn requested they wear). Ughh Meri of course wanting an ‘super edgy, statement piece’ hat. Groom’s mother Hannah then lovingly creates her that custom ‘edgy statement piece hat’ (at no expense to her either I’m sure).

All wives are good sports when the hats are revealed and are grateful for their creations... and then there’s Meri. Complaining and outright rude. Keeps groom’s mother up at midnight on the wedding eve, to alter it to her particular specifications. Like bitch much? So it’s not your dream hat, just say ‘thanks I love it’, suck it up, wear it and be thankful! It’s not like it’s HER wedding, or even her bio kids wedding. Noone cares what you wear Meri, it’s not about you. Such a diva.

The worst part is, what does she end up with after keeping poor Hannah up all night, recreating her hat? A super simple, plain fascinator type headpiece I see on sale in any mall. Nothing ‘edgy or statement piece’ at all. Meri is a contrary selfish straight-up cow. 

I couldn't agree more.  Hannah conducted herself with class and dignity when confronted with these churlish boors. There was an underlying spirit of animosity to Hannah, probably because she had left polygamy behind her, they would take that as a critique of themselves.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Then she showed up at the wedding wearing an outfit that was a total mess.

I think she said that she had nothing to wear so she borrowed pieces from someone the night before the wedding, none of it matched or looked good together but Meri went around bragging about how happy she was with her outfit and how much better her hat looked after she kept Hanna up all night working on it.

She's such an ungrateful ass... Doesn't really matter what Meri wears because she's built like a linebacker...Hanna should have taped a big ugly flower onto a football helmet and told her to F*CK OFF! 

• LOL 18
  • Love 1

Not to defend Meri, because I cannot stand her manipulation and victimhood, BUT....Meri never owned up to her part in this mess.  However, neither did Kody.

Kody never accepts accountability for anything. Ever. Nothing is Kody's fault. He is a poor soul stuck with 4 ungrateful women for eternity. Meri is dreadful, but Kody is really the worst one of the bunch. I think Kody likes Meri's desperation and likes having 4 women clamoring for his attention. I think he gets off on it. I was re-watching the very first episode the other night. I forgot that Kody married Christine only a year after marrying Janelle. What a message to send to poor Janelle, who I believe was already pregnant when Kody brought in Christine. Kody set them all up to be at each other's throats. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Then she showed up at the wedding wearing an outfit that was a total mess.

I think she said that she had nothing to wear so she borrowed pieces from someone the night before the wedding, none of it matched or looked good together but Meri went around bragging about how happy she was with her outfit and how much better her hat looked after she kept Hanna up all night working on it.

She's such an ungrateful ass... Doesn't really matter what Meri wears because she's built like a linebacker...Hanna should have taped a big ugly flower onto a football helmet and told her to F*CK OFF! 

I believe the dress was LuLaNo ?

F2025C23-EA1F-4FB9-8102-7FE1F6C7019F.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

She was always going to wear that stupid LuLaNo dress.  There was no "malfunction" to whatever she was going to wear, unless by malfunction, Meri means that she "accidentally" took a pair of scissors to the original dress, or "accidentally" spilled a gallon of grape juice on it.  She was always going to use Aspyn's weddingk to promote her business and it didn't matter if Aspyn or Christine wanted some kind of theme amongst the wives.  Meri stood out like a sore thumb just like she'd planned - she clashes with the patterns on the kilts, which I'm sure were meant to be a focal point given Mitch's heritage.  With this bunch, it's not a true family celebration without at least one wife performing some random act of subterfuge. 

• Love 21
23 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

She was always going to wear that stupid LuLaNo dress.  There was no "malfunction" to whatever she was going to wear, unless by malfunction, Meri means that she "accidentally" took a pair of scissors to the original dress, or "accidentally" spilled a gallon of grape juice on it.  She was always going to use Aspyn's weddingk to promote her business and it didn't matter if Aspyn or Christine wanted some kind of theme amongst the wives.  Meri stood out like a sore thumb just like she'd planned - she clashes with the patterns on the kilts, which I'm sure were meant to be a focal point given Mitch's heritage.  With this bunch, it's not a true family celebration without at least one wife performing some random act of subterfuge. 

Agreed. She planned the whole thing with the LuLa dress (which, actually, is better than all the other dresses that look like they were made by a brand new sewing apprentice). 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Of the 4 wives, I actually like Meri's hat and dress the best. That doesn't excuse how she treated the woman who made the hat, but I do like how it looks.

If Meri had been just a guest at the wedding, I agree (although the clunky wedgies seemed out of place with the dress and hat), but Aspyn had chosen a theme for her wedding and her "immediate family" were expected to conform to the color unity.  Even if she did have a last minute dress malfunction, surely there would have been a solid color blue or green dress available from one of her many Lula friends and team mates.  I guess any solid colored dresses weren't "edgy" enough for fashion-forward Meri.

If Meri had pulled this stunt at Maddie's wedding, there would have been fireworks.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

If Meri had been just a guest at the wedding, I agree (although the clunky wedgies seemed out of place with the dress and hat), but Aspyn had chosen a theme for her wedding and her "immediate family" were expected to conform to the color unity.  Even if she did have a last minute dress malfunction, surely there would have been a solid color blue or green dress available from one of her many Lula friends and team mates.  I guess any solid colored dresses weren't "edgy" enough for fashion-forward Meri.

If Meri had pulled this stunt at Maddie's wedding, there would have been fireworks.

Right, if Meri were merely a guest at the wedding, the dress--the silhouette, at least--would have been OK. I'm not really a fan of the pattern, but it does hide a multitude of sins better than the plain shiny fabric on Janelle's dress.  However, it did not go with the theme of the wedding, and as a "bonus" mother-of-the-bride, Meri should have coordinated with the other wives. She sticks out like a sore thumb in the photo.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Right, if Meri were merely a guest at the wedding, the dress--the silhouette, at least--would have been OK. I'm not really a fan of the pattern, but it does hide a multitude of sins better than the plain shiny fabric on Janelle's dress.  However, it did not go with the theme of the wedding, and as a "bonus" mother-of-the-bride, Meri should have coordinated with the other wives. She sticks out like a sore thumb in the photo.

Maybe Aspyn should be grateful for small mercies, it could have been worse.  Meri could have decided to root through the back of her closet until she found the pea green commitment ceremony dress --- that would have been good for a great deal of Meri-ment from all of us.

• LOL 13