Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Not everyone can afford boob jobs, eye jobs, fillers and regular botox injections, Bethenny Plastica.

So very true.  But most people don't need to post thrice daily photos of themselves, either.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Mariah is standing in the background like some kind of evil, dark, opinionated energy. At least her hair is looking better. 

And it looks like she's doing the squity eye smile thing that she always does...

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

It looks like somebody hosed the princess down before the picture was taken.

I know! My first thought was: finally Mariah has taken a shower! It looks like she's standing in the sprinklers.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Funny how none of the other sludge sisters ever visit or spend the weekend and dustville manor

Could you just imagine Meri's horror if Robyn and Christine descended upon the inner sanctums of Lizzie's with their little ones in tow.  Its OK for Koda to romp all over the guest beds, but let Sol, Ari or Truely disturb one doily and there would be hell to pay.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Looks like Meri prefers Lizzie's vs Flagstaff. Wonder how she run's the rag biz from two locations?

I don't subscribe to Meri's LLR site, so I'm not able to see the background when she is conducting her "lives", to note whether there are racks of rags there.  She may travel to Parowan with the items she wants to feature/flog that week and have her assistant ship the orders from Flagstaff.  If she is consuming a room in Flagstaff for inventory, after her mother, Mariah and Audrey and herself are using bedrooms, that leaves no room at the Inn for paying guests.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

When you think about it, Meri set herself up pretty good.

A second location to run away to, two small businesses, Flagstaff is a great place to live, income from a teevee show where she pretends to be a sister wife, most likely only has to interact minimally with Brown clan, self esteem boosted by fans and filters.

Except for the kid, not too bad.

• Love 11
On 9/6/2020 at 7:36 AM, TurtlePower said:

She says she's SORRY? 🤣 When?!? 

Ooh!  Ooh!  I know this one!

I just watched the season 5 episode where Meri lets the fam'ly know that because she was not able to birth the eight children she thought were due her, she would therefore require a fifth (YES I SAID FIFTH) bedroom and a wet bar in her new Vegas mansion!  I'm sure many of you recall that groundbreaking episode.  It's mind-blowing on rewatch, let me tell you.  This segues into a couch sesh where Janelle explains that in the past when the fam'ly was rilly struggling to make ends meet, Meri sometimes (oftentimes...always....tomato/tohmahto) would spend frivolously on stupid crap that she thought she needed while Janelle wondered how she was literally going to put food on her table.  Meri turned to Janelle on the couch and - with a face carved from orange-tinted marble - smarmed the following phrase: "I'm sorry if you thought I took something that belonged to you, Janelle."  Voila!  There you have it, the Meri Brown apology!  

I mean - the fact that Janelle didn't leap from the couch and throttle that shrew is absolutely beyond my abilities of comprehension.  The fact that Kody ever allowed Meri to take an equal share of the family money is unforgivable.  And the fact that Meri clearly did not care at all that Janelle needed more money due to her number of children is disgusting.  The dysfunction in this family goes wayyyy back.  I just didn't see it clearly the first time around.

• Love 22

Yep @laurakaye, and that is the time frame where I went from having some empathy for Meri to finding her an insufferable boor.  From there my esteem continued its steep downward trajectory mostly leveling off at irredeemable despicable human being in response to her emotional infidelity with the catfisher and her subsequent gaslighting, blame shifting, and self-victimization.

Edited by sharkerbaby
change it's -> its
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Ooh!  Ooh!  I know this one!

I just watched the season 5 episode where Meri lets the fam'ly know that because she was not able to birth the eight children she thought were due her, she would therefore require a fifth (YES I SAID FIFTH) bedroom and a wet bar in her new Vegas mansion!  I'm sure many of you recall that groundbreaking episode.  It's mind-blowing on rewatch, let me tell you.  This segues into a couch sesh where Janelle explains that in the past when the fam'ly was rilly struggling to make ends meet, Meri sometimes (oftentimes...always....tomato/tohmahto) would spend frivolously on stupid crap that she thought she needed while Janelle wondered how she was literally going to put food on her table.  Meri turned to Janelle on the couch and - with a face carved from orange-tinted marble - smarmed the following phrase: "I'm sorry if you thought I took something that belonged to you, Janelle."  Voila!  There you have it, the Meri Brown apology!  

I mean - the fact that Janelle didn't leap from the couch and throttle that shrew is absolutely beyond my abilities of comprehension.  The fact that Kody ever allowed Meri to take an equal share of the family money is unforgivable.  And the fact that Meri clearly did not care at all that Janelle needed more money due to her number of children is disgusting.  The dysfunction in this family goes wayyyy back.  I just didn't see it clearly the first time around.

That Meri got as much money as Janelle and Christine has always chapped my ass!  They each had six kids to feed, and HBIC with one measly kid got the same amount as they did?  FTS!  Karma seems to have bitten dear Meri in her ass, and while Robyn pisses me off to no end, at least Meri got a comeuppance, although too late to help two wives and twelve kids who got royally shafted.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

That Meri got as much money as Janelle and Christine has always chapped my ass!  They each had six kids to feed, and HBIC with one measly kid got the same amount as they did?  FTS!  Karma seems to have bitten dear Meri in her ass, and while Robyn pisses me off to no end, at least Meri got a comeuppance, although too late to help two wives and twelve kids who got royally shafted.

Did Kootie get 1/4 of the fambly money for just himself when he had only 3 wives?  He always seemed to have all the cars, trucks, watches, trips, plyg palace drawings, hair plugs and products that he wanted. Now do Kody & Robyn get 2/5ths for the 7 of them? Or has Robyn demanded a higher percentage now that half of Christine's & Janelle's kids have flown the coop?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Meri turned to Janelle on the couch and - with a face carved from orange-tinted marble - smarmed the following phrase: "I'm sorry if you thought I took something that belonged to you, Janelle." 

The rest of that thought was left unsaid:

"Like when you took part in a secret courtship behind my back and took my husband, who belonged to me."

I am dying to know the ratio of how their money was divided. Was Kody's share the same as what each female head of household received? 

It's bad enough that the wives with six kids lived on the same amount as the wife with one kid but was the, for all intents and purposes, single man getting the same amount as women who were providing for children?

If so it was sorta set up like a pyramid scheme*, wasn't it?

*Meaning that the OGs made out better than those who bought into the scheme later.

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, suomi said:

The rest of that thought was left unsaid:

"Like when you took part in a secret courtship behind my back and took my husband, who belonged to me."

OH.  SNAP.

I can't believe I hadn't thought of that - and of course in the process, Janelle dumped Meri's own brother for Meri's husband.  Yes, now it all makes much more sense.  In a later episode, Meri sobs and sobs about how she fills so bad that Janelle felt that Meri had "abused" Janelle when it was just the Three Amigos, and Meri lamely explains that she was raised to speak her mind - this coming from one of the most passive-aggressive people that I have ever seen on reality television....so sure, Jan.  But honestly, it gets hard to remember who I loathe more - Janelle for snaking herself into Meri and Kody's marriage, Meri for being an evil money-grabbing shrew, or Kody for allowing it all to happen while he was busy scrunching his hair into perfect ringlets.

What I wouldn't give for an HONEST discussion from these three in particular.  It will forever nag at me how this most unhealthy and dysfunctional trio came to be.

Oh, and speaking of old eps, the "designing the Vegas homes" eps are gold.  As Kody tells Meri that she's already blown through her house budget on the first few design items and she still has tons of decisions left to make, Meri says, "I'm aware of that, Kody.  But I am NOT GOING TO HAVE A SLIDING DOOR.  I WANT FRENCH DOORS.  I HATE SLIDING DOORS."  Well, then!  Okay!  Janelle?  You don't get that extra bedroom because MERI HATES SLIDERS.  Christine?  Forget the extra bathroom, because MERI HATES SLIDERS.

I sometimes watch these old eps with my jaw on the floor because of all the things I never saw the first time around.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, deirdra said:

Did Kootie get 1/4 of the fambly money for just himself when he had only 3 wives?  He always seemed to have all the cars, trucks, watches, trips, plyg palace drawings, hair plugs and products that he wanted. Now do Kody & Robyn get 2/5ths for the 7 of them? Or has Robyn demanded a higher percentage now that half of Christine's & Janelle's kids have flown the coop?

They might have divided the money equally in the past, but I don't believe they do so now.  Maybe they divide the TLC money equally - which is fair.   If I were in that living situation, I would be furious if all income was pooled together and then distributed in equal amounts to each wife.  (And Kody?) 

Say what you want about Meri, she DOES manage to sell that ugly Lularot, while Robyn lays in bed until afternoon and doesn't do squat to bring in a dime.   Her kids are NOT infants, and hundreds of thousands of mothers of young children work outside of the home.  It's definitely a personal choice if it isn't an absolute necessity.... but I am not going to work my buns off to bring in money to give to a lazy, entitled woman who thinks she is a princess and can't work because she has a 9 year old and a 4 year old at home.   I am guessing that Kody is into some pyramid type scheme that brings in some money which he solely gives to Robyn.  Meanwhile Janelle squeaks by with public assistance and strive (being snarky - I have no clue if she's on public assistance but certainly STRIVE isn't going to pay her mortgage, let alone all of the other expenses) and Christine also sells Lularot - but probably not as aggressively as Meri does.

IF a sister wife were watching my children while I was outside of the home working - that is a different situation.  That is more than fair.  Child care is expensive, and if you have several little ones - well this works out quite fairly, I think.   But to work to support a lazy sister wife who doesn't contribute in any way isn't reasonable in my world.  NOR would I support a husband who collects wives buts doesn't support them financially.  Or who supports his FAVORITE wife financially but leaves the others to flounder.

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, suomi said:

*Meaning that the OGs made out better than those who bought into the scheme later.

The first 3 OG's made out better until Robyn arrived on the scene.  Meri had Kody's undivided courtship attention and the first few years of unadulterated bliss before Janelle set her sights on Kody.  Even though Janelle and Kody went behind Meri's back and presented their marriage plans to Meri, I have never understood why Meri didn't exercise her position of power at that point and rear up and say 'NO dammit, I did agree to plural marriage but not with my SIL'.  I wonder if her voice would have been heard or if she shrugged and calculated that Janelle was no competition in physical attributes and she did bring the benefits of her full time employment to the marriage.

Meri made her own wedding dress, Janelle, ever the practical one, chose something that could be worn as business attire at a later date and Christine's mother made the abomination that Christine wore.  When it came to Robyn, she had the benefit of the TLC dollars rolling in and was able to shop in a bridal boutique, with Kody's assistance.

Meri, Janelle and Christine came to the marital home unfettered with debt and bonus kids as Robyn did, creating a drain on their new-found income stream.  She also never had to share a kitchen or live in a rickety single wide, suppressing squeals of delight when it was her night with the Stud.  So in those respects, she did make out better than the OG's.

Probably all academic though, without the introduction of Robyn to the scene, there would never have been a reason to film their humdrum lives beyond the first season.

• Love 12

It would not surprise me one bit if Kody got an equal split of the money AND didn’t spend any of it to support his kids. Whatever the wife got was all she had no matter how many kids. The combined income of all of the adults split between them pre-TLC probably gave Kody as much money than he was earning by himself. I doubt he is contributing to anyone’s mortgage (except maybe Robyn), which is a pretty sweet deal not to have to pay for any housing yourself. Same for meals, I bet he probably just eats at one of their houses. So no housing costs, utilities or regular grocery bills. He gets to spend all his money on himself. Hell, I bet even all the kids’ presents are paid for by the women, who write “Love, Mom and Dad” on the card. He’s got quite the sweet deal going there. Still don’t understand what any of the ladies get out of this (except Robyn, of course).

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 12
18 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Probably all academic though, without the introduction of Robyn to the scene, there would never have been a reason to film their humdrum lives beyond the first season.

So true.  But they would all have been happier.  They had more income with TLC but they spent MORE than the "more income".   And Robyn was like a cherry bomb in the family dynamics.  "Boom!"

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

So true.  But they would all have been happier.  They had more income with TLC but they spent MORE than the "more income".   And Robyn was like a cherry bomb in the family dynamics.  "Boom!"

Kind of like how lottery winners end up broke.  Many of them never had any significant amounts of money, so they have no idea how to handle a windfall.  The difference with the Browns is that their windfall has come in more slowly over the years so they weren't able to blow through it all at once.  When their TV days and paychecks come to an end, it will be interesting to see them scrambling to save their expensive homes and cars.  Hope Robyn is enjoying that million dollar house because the big mortgage payments, utilities, insurance, and taxes will be due whether they have the money to pay up or not.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Hope Robyn is enjoying that million dollar house because the big mortgage payments, utilities, insurance, and taxes will be due whether they have the money to pay up or not.

Rest assured, she won't get a job to keep it.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Still don’t understand what any of the ladies get out of this (except Robyn, of course).

I think it’s safe to assume that they get a lot of lonely nights, a lot of perm fried hairs on the bedding and a little d-list celebrity to top that off.  Wouldn’t be worth it to me, and I’d have told Kootie to go to hell a long time ago.  Funny thing is, I’m sure that when this show first started, Kootie was playing to the audience with a “look at how much of a stud I am” attitude.  But now we all just think he is an immature, irresponsible buffoon 😊👍

• Love 15
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Still don’t understand what any of the ladies get out of this (except Robyn, of course).

The ladies get to go to Kody's planet in the afterlife (by the way, what's the alternative--limbo?).  At least that might be what they thought at first.  I think now they stay with him out of inertia and the TLC paycheck.  And maybe love for him--certainly not him for them, except (maybe) Robyn.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MonicaM said:

Kind of like how lottery winners end up broke.  Many of them never had any significant amounts of money, so they have no idea how to handle a windfall.  The difference with the Browns is that their windfall has come in more slowly over the years so they weren't able to blow through it all at once.  When their TV days and paychecks come to an end, it will be interesting to see them scrambling to save their expensive homes and cars.  Hope Robyn is enjoying that million dollar house because the big mortgage payments, utilities, insurance, and taxes will be due whether they have the money to pay up or not.

I believe this is why Janelle has not even thought about buying a house.   Plus she knows they might be moving again.  So why buy a house?

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I’m sure that when this show first started, Kootie was playing to the audience with a “look at how much of a stud I am” attitude.  But now we all just think he is an immature, irresponsible buffoon 😊👍

Indeed.  In the early years we'd see Kody running around like a chicken with its head cut off looking for clothes to wear. We'd see the Big Stud in Christine's room looking for clean socks, Janelle's for clean underwear, Meri's for a clean and pressed shirt, and at Robyn's retrieving his crumpled pants from the floor. It was all about Kody, not the poor washer-women.  Once they were in their own rentals in Vegas with 2/3 or 3/4 nights a week without having an extra big baby to feed and care for was probably liberating.

• Love 10
On 9/8/2020 at 6:19 AM, ginger90 said:
13 hours ago, laurakaye said:

OH.  SNAP.

I can't believe I hadn't thought of that - and of course in the process, Janelle dumped Meri's own brother for Meri's husband.  Yes, now it all makes much more sense.  In a later episode, Meri sobs and sobs about how she fills so bad that Janelle felt that Meri had "abused" Janelle when it was just the Three Amigos, and Meri lamely explains that she was raised to speak her mind - this coming from one of the most passive-aggressive people that I have ever seen on reality television....so sure, Jan.  But honestly, it gets hard to remember who I loathe more - Janelle for snaking herself into Meri and Kody's marriage, Meri for being an evil money-grabbing shrew, or Kody for allowing it all to happen while he was busy scrunching his hair into perfect ringlets.

What I wouldn't give for an HONEST discussion from these three in particular.  It will forever nag at me how this most unhealthy and dysfunctional trio came to be.

Oh, and speaking of old eps, the "designing the Vegas homes" eps are gold.  As Kody tells Meri that she's already blown through her house budget on the first few design items and she still has tons of decisions left to make, Meri says, "I'm aware of that, Kody.  But I am NOT GOING TO HAVE A SLIDING DOOR.  I WANT FRENCH DOORS.  I HATE SLIDING DOORS."  Well, then!  Okay!  Janelle?  You don't get that extra bedroom because MERI HATES SLIDERS.  Christine?  Forget the extra bathroom, because MERI HATES SLIDERS.

I sometimes watch these old eps with my jaw on the floor because of all the things I never saw the first time around.  

This!!  
I used to feel some kind of way about the other ladies sliding in on Meri’s relationship with Kody, but I see now that the minute Kody knew he would live The Principle he was never really Meri’s to begin with.  He was immediately on the lookout for another lady, making it impossible for that primary relationship to mean what it should.  And though each new lady felt secretly guilty for oozing in, they ultimately learned the same lesson.  Even Robyn, because it can’t be a fairy tale to have a relationship with a man who’s pulled in so many directions - no matter how much better he likes ya.  Other women having even partial access to one’s man is an inferior arrangement, not to mention the mental space the others take up in the fellow’s brain.  
Plus I’m pretty positive that taking that fourth “wife” didn’t mean Kody never again looked at another tempting young lady without carefully considering if he could do it again.

Edited by Just Wondering
  • Love 4

@Just Wondering I don’t think Janelle or Christine ever felt guilty about “sliding into” Meri’s relationship with Kody because both intended to live the principle AND unlike “Queen Robin”, they DID actually do their part. Janelle was the 2nd income provider- she consistently performed that role. Christine was to be the primary caregiver- she did that as well. Janelle and Christine pulled their weight in the family, so why didn’t Meri pull hers? Because she felt that they “took Kody away” so they had to “earn their spot” in the family. You’re right though- there was no betrayal of Meri because they never intended to live monogamously. 

Now before TLC came along, Meri did a fair amount of chauffeuring and errands with the older and middle kids (especially before the kids could drive), while Janelle was working and Christine was taking care of the little ones. But once they got into the separate homes in Vegas she was done pretending to be a team player and cried about how she needed her wet bar yet put forth no effort to help the other 3 with running a family that size. And they likely needed more help because the work horses Logan and Aspyn (and a lesser sense Maddie) had left the nest. 

Meri’s tears over not having the same size home and grocery budget because she wanted to have 8 kids was asinine. The 7 other kids you wanted to have don’t eat food Meri! They don’t need soap or toothpaste or beds or clothes. I think each wife’s personal money (for her own clothes/shoes/cosmetics/socializing etc) should be equal, but needs for the minor children (like rooms, food, etc) should be PER PERSON. And Kody should’ve gotten Minimal pocket money- just for gas, toiletries and outings, because he had no housing expenses. 

• Love 24
10 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Meri’s tears over not having the same size home and grocery budget because she wanted to have 8 kids was asinine. The 7 other kids you wanted to have don’t eat food Meri! They don’t need soap or toothpaste or beds or clothes. I think each wife’s personal money (for her own clothes/shoes/cosmetics/socializing etc) should be equal, but needs for the minor children (like rooms, food, etc) should be PER PERSON. And Kody should’ve gotten Minimal pocket money- just for gas, toiletries and outings, because he had no housing expenses.

Was it ever stated that each wife was to get the exact same monthly stipend?   I remember Meri whining because she wanted an equivalent sized house even though she only had one kid, although that point was moot because the lots were zoned for certain sized houses and there wasn't a dinky house to choose from for that plot of land.  The wet bar was ridiculous, I think all of us can agree on that!   I was wondering where it was said that each wife got the same amount of money each month to take care of the kids, once they were in Vegas and in separate houses.  

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Robyn and Meri got the lion's share at one time. 

At this moment in time at least, Meri pays her own way and Robyn and her Mcmansion and Victoria Secrets needs (and her inability to work for a living) certainly must suck out a good majority of the monthly cash flow. (Wherever that flow actually comes from.)

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Was it ever stated that each wife was to get the exact same monthly stipend?   I remember Meri whining because she wanted an equivalent sized house even though she only had one kid, although that point was moot because the lots were zoned for certain sized houses and there wasn't a dinky house to choose from for that plot of land.  The wet bar was ridiculous, I think all of us can agree on that!   I was wondering where it was said that each wife got the same amount of money each month to take care of the kids, once they were in Vegas and in separate houses.

When they moved to Vegas and lived in separate houses, each wife got the same amount for living expenses (housing, food, utilities etc) in the rentals. Which was ridiculous.

Meri just had to House her and Mariah- she didn’t NEED as much food, water, or space as anyone else. I can only imagine with all those teens how much Janelle’s water bill was each month. 

When they were in Utah, Meri was responsible for certain bills, Janelle and Kody were responsible for certain bills and the pooled together for other items. Christine never had an income outside of the home but she was responsible for shopping and making the household items stretch for everyone. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

When they moved to Vegas and lived in separate houses, each wife got the same amount for living expenses (housing, food, utilities etc) in the rentals. Which was ridiculous.

But where did they say that?  Did THEY say that, or someone else? Did one of them mention this on one of the episodes?

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Meri just had to House her and Mariah- she didn’t NEED as much food, water, or space as anyone else. I can only imagine with all those teens how much Janelle’s water bill was each month.

I recall an episode shortly after they moved to LV where Meri was flabbergasted that Mariah chose to eat her meals at Christine's house rather than the healthy, carefully prepared meals Meri had prepared for her.  Possibly Mariah chose to eat Tater Tots and Mock Ravioli over Meri's grilled chicken  and asparagus because there was no "whine" served with the meal.  Just a raucous good time with her siblings.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

But where did they say that?  Did THEY say that, or someone else? Did one of them mention this on one of the episodes?

The Browns stated it during a couch sesh where they were talking about their budgets for the Vegas homes.  I think Kody was the one who said that they split the bags o' cash evenly four ways.  Janelle talked about being conflicted because Meri had so much more disposable income whereas Janelle struggled to feed her brood of six kids.  I was all Team Janelle when she spoke up about it not being right that Meri got the same amount of money but then Janelle "reasons" that it's not Meri's fault that she doesn't have the 8 kids she planned on having, as if that somehow justifies ANYTHING.  Supposedly Janelle (and Christine too) had moments of enlightenment regarding Meri's situation and then suddenly, they weren't upset anymore about Meri's cut of the money, blah de blah blah.  I think Janelle just decided to zone out like she always does when confronted with anything stressful, and Christine fell in line so she'd stay in Kody's rotation.  But there is no freaking way that either Janelle or Christine were ever happy with the fact that their kids were going without so Meri could buy whatever the hell she wanted.  I think it's why both of them were/are so heavy.  They eat all the fillings.

What boggles the mind almost more than anything is that: A. Meri does not care one lick that she is taking away literal food and clothing from her bonus children, and B. Why the crap would she have ever WANTED a house as big as everyone else's?  Wouldn't her rattling around in a five-bedroom house be a constant reminder of the kids she wanted but could never have?  Of course, this is Meri we're talking about - Queen Passive-Aggressive, so I'm sure she smirked all day long whilst dusting her tchotchkes and vacuuming lines into her untrampled carpet and arranging her throw pillows just so, knowing they'd never be moved. 

And in the end, Kody allowed it all to play out and never said "boo" about it.  Yet here we are, 18 million seasons later, and we find out that Kody thinks Meri "misrepresented" herself during their entire marriage and he's done with her.  She didn't misrepresent herself, she was a bossy shrew from Day One.  Kody just decided to bury his frizzy head in the sand about all of it.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 23
18 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

The Browns stated it during a couch sesh where they were talking about their budgets for the Vegas homes.  I think Kody was the one who said that they split the bags o' cash evenly four ways.  Janelle talked about being conflicted because Meri had so much more disposable income whereas Janelle struggled to feed her brood of six kids.  I was all Team Janelle when she spoke up about it not being right that Meri got the same amount of money but then Janelle "reasons" that it's not Meri's fault that she doesn't have the 8 kids she planned on having, as if that somehow justifies ANYTHING.  Supposedly Janelle (and Christine too) had moments of enlightenment regarding Meri's situation and then suddenly, they weren't upset anymore about Meri's cut of the money, blah de blah blah.  I think Janelle just decided to zone out like she always does when confronted with anything stressful, and Christine fell in line so she'd stay in Kody's rotation.  But there is no freaking way that either Janelle or Christine were ever happy with the fact that their kids were going without so Meri could buy whatever the hell she wanted.  I think it's why both of them were/are so heavy.  They eat all the fillings.

What boggles the mind almost more than anything is that: A. Meri does not care one lick that she is taking away literal food and clothing from her bonus children, and B. Why the crap would she have ever WANTED a house as big as everyone else's?  Wouldn't her rattling around in a five-bedroom house be a constant reminder of the kids she wanted but could never have?  Of course, this is Meri we're talking about - Queen Passive-Aggressive, so I'm sure she smirked all day long whilst dusting her tchotchkes and vacuuming lines into her untrampled carpet and arranging her throw pillows just so, knowing they'd never be moved. 

And in the end, Kody allowed it all to play out and never said "boo" about it.  Yet here we are, 18 million seasons later, and we find out that Kody thinks Meri "misrepresented" herself during their entire marriage and he's done with her.  She didn't misrepresent herself, she was a bossy shrew from Day One.  Kody just decided to bury his frizzy head in the sand about all of it.

Thank you!  I was wondering if this was mentioned on an episode!

And yes.  Kody doesn't even attempt to be a good husband or a father.  A good father would ensure that all of his kids are treated equally.

And I think he's been a terrible husband to the first three wives for a multitude of reasons.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

They said that during a couch session of season 3 (when they were living in Vegas) and discussing budgets. 

@laurakaye thanks for answering!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I recall an episode shortly after they moved to LV where Meri was flabbergasted that Mariah chose to eat her meals at Christine's house rather than the healthy, carefully prepared meals Meri had prepared for her.  Possibly Mariah chose to eat Tater Tots and Mock Ravioli over Meri's grilled chicken  and asparagus because there was no "whine" served with the meal.  Just a raucous good time with her siblings.

Yes. And Christine has a more jovial pleasant personality. At Meri’s House I’m sure Mariah felt the need to entertain Meri ALL the time because Meri had nothing else to take her up her attention. At Christine’s attention and entertainment was shared. why didn’t Meri trot on over to Christine’s and help out with meals sometimes (not every night mind you but once or twice a week). 

• Love 7
On 9/8/2020 at 11:48 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Funny how none of the other sludge sisters ever visit or spend the weekend at dustville manor - surely Janelle would drive the 8 hours for cinnamon rolls and cereal treats - oh right Meri hates them all

None of the other kids visit her either. Isn't Meri supposed to be a "Mom" to all the kids? I believe several of them live in Utah, but no visits to Lizzie's that I have seen. 

ETA: I just saw on Christine's thread that she posted pics of herself and Ysabel with Maddie's kids. Unlike Meri, Christine seems connected to all the kids (Except maybe Robyn's).

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, Just Wondering said:

When one human thinks of their fellow human in terms of, “The perks are all mine and the sacrifice is all yours”,  how can they respect them as fully human?

That is polygamy in a nutshell, with the daughters brought up to think that they only deserve scraps so they will perpetuate the cult.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, deirdra said:

That is polygamy in a nutshell, with the daughters brought up to think that they only deserve scraps so they will perpetuate the cult.

Take the Brown family for example, the very best the women could hope for is 1/4 of a husband and 1/18 of a father for their own children.  Sadly, 3 of the 4 don't even have that.

• Love 12