Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, TipseyGirl said:

Well, I have two words: She high.

Hmmm...I think you may be on to something there TipseyGirl.  I have never seen Meri as garrulous as she was on that video, possibly Mariah or Audge have given her a lil something something to take the edge off.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 11/28/2020 at 6:30 PM, Kohola3 said:

Thirty seconds in that movement was making me seasick.  And the tacky rock whatevers?  She is unbelievable.

Who filmed this?  Meri didn't do it herself, based on her show & tell and body positions.  Bonnie and Sludge/Pudge are yards away, shilling to a non-existent crowd at another junk table.  It is shocking to see that Pudge has tripled in size and is now twice as big as Sludge.  (And they're obviously not in Salt Lake City or Chicago.)  Meri's skin looked good in its natural, non-orange tone.  The dead tooth, eyeliner and odd eleven nose wrinkles on the other hand. . . 

Other highlights:

• Blair - self-proclaimed & -taught interior decorator extraordinaire - loved the homemade string & rock art, and Bonnie loves Blair!  (They gleefully greeted each other twice.)  Those endorsements alone should ensure that the rock & string artwork sell out in the mad holiday rush - except they aren't available yet.
  • "When one of the little kiddos sees something and he wants [one of the stones], I say, "Here, Solomon, you can have it.  Anyway, it's fine.  It's fine.  I don't mind."  Tithing is still required if Godhead Kody is going to call you to his eternal planet.  Oh, and Blair loves the stones.
  • Cinammon biscuits are available only for guests at the inn and are not available internationally.  They do ship to New York.  Later, Meri confesses that they don't ship well, again citing Blair's testimony, and further, she doesn't ship them at all.  She only ships rice crispy treats.
  • Sycophant Code and Diet Tip: "Pizza at midnight!  We need pizza at midnight!  Ginger and I eat pizza at midnight all the time."  Who's Ginger?

Capture1.JPG

• LOL 7
20 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Who filmed this?  Meri didn't do it herself, based on her show & tell and body positions.  Bonnie and Sludge/Pudge are yards away, shilling to a non-existent crowd at another junk table.  It is shocking to see that Pudge has tripled in size and is now twice as big as Sludge.  (And they're obviously not in Salt Lake City or Chicago.)  Meri's skin looked good in its natural, non-orange tone.  The dead tooth, eyeliner and odd eleven nose wrinkles on the other hand. . . 

Other highlights:

• Blair - self-proclaimed & -taught interior decorator extraordinaire - loved the homemade string & rock art, and Bonnie loves Blair!  (They gleefully greeted each other twice.)  Those endorsements alone should ensure that the rock & string artwork sell out in the mad holiday rush - except they aren't available yet.
  • "When one of the little kiddos sees something and he wants [one of the stones], I say, "Here, Solomon, you can have it.  Anyway, it's fine.  It's fine.  I don't mind."  Tithing is still required if Godhead Kody is going to call you to his eternal planet.  Oh, and Blair loves the stones.
  • Cinammon biscuits are available only for guests at the inn and are not available internationally.  They do ship to New York.  Later, Meri confesses that they don't ship well, again citing Blair's testimony, and further, she doesn't ship them at all.  She only ships rice crispy treats.
  • Sycophant Code and Diet Tip: "Pizza at midnight!  We need pizza at midnight!  Ginger and I eat pizza at midnight all the time."  Who's Ginger?

Capture1.JPG

They all must eat pizza at midnight. Regularly. I'm feeling especially snarky towards Sludge, Pudge and Grudge (had to think of something for Meri that rhymed with Sludge/Pudge 😆). 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Budge, Drudge, Fudge, Judge, Nudge ... 

Pizza + the day's unsold rice crispy treats TM for dessert every midnight.

and yes, Gramto6, nice pieces of labradorite - even cast-offs from a stone countertop place - are much more beautiful than that tree (which looked more like a poor quality fake jade).  And I noticed that many of the colourful rocks on that table and 'exclusive' artwork were not all natural colours, but had been dyed to look more uniformly & brightly coloured.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 12/1/2020 at 7:17 AM, TurtlePower said:

Meri and her B&B come off as annoying to me. Everything from her voice (both self-important and condescending) to the nature of the business (overly self-important) gets on my nerves. Her video that was posted earlier had me aggravated at the initial "hellooooooo hellooooooo you guyyyyyyys". 🤨 

LOL! Same here! She can't even be bothered to remember the name of the function. She's all "Hometown, Hometime....er...Holidays or some shit."

Edited by TipseyGirl
spelling
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Seems like an odd project to take on.  The place had very bad reviews when it closed in 2015 and I'm sure the animals have been dispersed to other facilities by now.  Blair Michaels lives in Oregon, so this will be a long distance thing for him to organize and re-establish.

Very noble to provide a (paid admission) refuge for wildlife, but surely there are food banks, women's, and homeless shelters that would appreciate the gesture in these trying times.

• Love 5

What happened to Meri’s  Naso-labial folds? When did her square face become an oval? IS she some kind of AUB shape shifter? IS she just visiting this planet from an alternate reality? Whose eyebrows has she stolen? I’m bored and rewatching from the beginning. This is not the original wife. Amazed at all the things I’m picking up that I missed the first time thru.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Seems like an odd project to take on.  The place had very bad reviews when it closed in 2015 and I'm sure the animals have been dispersed to other facilities by now.  Blair Michaels lives in Oregon, so this will be a long distance thing for him to organize and re-establish.

Very noble to provide a (paid admission) refuge for wildlife, but surely there are food banks, women's, and homeless shelters that would appreciate the gesture in these trying times.

I googled Deer Forest. It sounds a lot like the old Santa's Village. I don't think I would call it a charity per se. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

As a Michigander may I speak for the rest of us and say STAY THE HELL AWAY.  We have enough trouble without these morons spreading more Covid around since they are clearly not following precautions.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

Are both Meri & Blair flitting all over the US during the pandemic?  Social distancing should be 6", not 6 mm.

The picture of the two of them is from September 2019, in Oregon.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

As a Michigander may I speak for the rest of us and say STAY THE HELL AWAY.  We have enough trouble without these morons spreading more Covid around since they are clearly not following precautions.

Amen to this!  Leave us alone, please.  I can remember going to Deer Forest as a kid (I knew it as Deer Park Funland) and it was wonderful, but it's been closed for years and I have heard absolutely nothing about it reopening.  Also, as we are in the middle of a soul-crushing pandemic and millions of small businesses are trying to stay afloat - I can think of about 134,765 charities that Blair Michael would be better off donating to than an unused section of forest that would cost a fortune to get back up and running.

I have to wonder if BM is from SW Michigan.  I hope not.  

• Love 12
On 12/4/2020 at 10:55 AM, laurakaye said:

Amen to this!  Leave us alone, please.  I can remember going to Deer Forest as a kid (I knew it as Deer Park Funland) and it was wonderful, but it's been closed for years and I have heard absolutely nothing about it reopening.  Also, as we are in the middle of a soul-crushing pandemic and millions of small businesses are trying to stay afloat - I can think of about 134,765 charities that Blair Michael would be better off donating to than an unused section of forest that would cost a fortune to get back up and running.

I have to wonder if BM is from SW Michigan.  I hope not.  

I love your whole post. Isn't Deer Park Funland now Michigan's Adventure? Deer Park Funland was before my time, but Michigan's Adventure is in my hometown. Another Michigander echoing the sentiments of leaving us alone.

• Love 3

I remember going to Deer Forest as a child. Great memories, but I was too young to register the condition it was in. I saw the story on the local news about someone trying to store. My hopes are dashed now that I know who is involved. Can’t imagine it will be completed. 

• Love 3

Part of me thinks that Meri's post is semi-legit, even if it is to drum up the drama for season 106.  I have often thought that Kody was eventually going to get tired of leaving his man-parts in Robyn's purse every time he steps out of the house Robyn lets him off his leash.  Although Meri is a ginormous PITA, it would be lovely poetic justice if Kody went running back to Meri, leaving Robyn to stew in her own eye boogers and wondering how her dark and mighty powers failed her.

I read some of the comments on Meri's post - mostly her sycophants telling off the snarky haterz on how wrong we are, LOL.  Ooh, burn.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 12/6/2020 at 3:56 AM, bichonblitz said:

Well, this is interesting. Is it time for the new season and starting with the damage control? These people are so full of crap I have no idea what to believe. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIa4Dkjhe0K/?hl=en

I don't know, either. Everything we see between Meri and Kody appears to be misery and discontent. Kody openly seems to detest Meri. They've both pretty much said their marriage is over and Kody has said he wasn't sure he'd marry her again and that it was a mistake. 

I don't know many women who would "stay" knowing this. And even if they did try to make it work (you know, a tv show), Meri is so passive aggressive and demanding that it's going to make it hell for everyone else (more material for hate-watching).

It feels like this is an announcement to get people to watch the upcoming season. Regardless of what this announcement shows, I remember seeing the hate towards Meri in Kody's recessed, beady caveman eyes. There's no love there. Just a contract to film another season. 

• Love 13

Meri should have a consult with Janelle, the family financial guru, and have her explain the "sunk cost fallacy" as it does apply here.

Meri's defiant post could be interpreted two ways:--- either this lifestyle is so damaging to a female's sense of self worth that they are willing to accept any crumb tossed their way, or the more likely scenario---there are no depths too low to scrape in the pursuit of the almighty buck.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Meri should have a consult with Janelle, the family financial guru, and have her explain the "sunk cost fallacy" as it does apply here.

Meri's defiant post could be interpreted two ways:--- either this lifestyle is so damaging to a female's sense of self worth that they are willing to accept any crumb tossed their way, or the more likely scenario---there are no depths too low to scrape in the pursuit of the almighty buck.

This is really the whole bunch of them.

Christine's over the top cheerleader of polygamy.  You monogamists just can't understand how the joys of polygamy work!! She keeps herself at this unsustainable high to suck up to her part time husband while keeping the delusion going through her "rose colored glasses". Living a life of misery for some kind of celestial perk.

Meri who got in to score the guy she desperately wanted without a clue what it would look or feel like.

Janelle who turned her back on her friends and family for the cult of Captain Tight Pants so she could enjoy the big family with minimal household work. She isn't emotionally self aware enough to process what is actually going on around her making her miserable.  She calls herself an emotional eater...but tries to deny actually having the emotions that lead her to disengage. 

Robyn...who says she is there for "the family" but is the most master of all manipulators.  She thinks that since they are all "believers" that somehow entering the family and learning how to communicate with Kody (better than any of the others) means that she can get them to be the family she supposedly saw in Lehi in the beginning.  So a 10 month "courtship" doesn't even open up a dialogue about how they have routinely moved (often multiple times in a year) and they happen to live in a house that is too small for them... So. What was the original plan?  In 10 months they never discussed the after marriage living arrangements and future children?? 🙄 Robyn once said that SHE was there because of who they were in the Lehi house and that SHE wasn't getting what she signed up for. 

I guess I am most shocked by the fact that they think everyone who watches is someone who just loves them and somehow doesn't see how bloody miserable they all are.  AND...if Meri is so damn happy that she feels the need to post this affirmation publicly...WHY does she allow herself to be portrayed on their "family business" television show as a tossed aside wife.  THEY put this negativity out there for all to see.  THEY make it look like they are unhappy.  Kody has made it clear that he takes no ownership in the emotional or mental happiness of his wives.  He is just a mis-understood cat herding fireman. Woah is he...the poor polygamist man with four nagging women and the need to "get away from you all".

Edited by Roslyn
ETA...damn I'm cranky...
  • Love 16

Remember the very first show, when the shiny new polygamists said what a wonderful set-up it was?  Ha!

Meri's in it for the $.  We've known that for years now.  Janelle is too lazy to leave.  Christine is bat-shit delusional about her 'wonderful man,' and Robyn won the grand prize...monogamy with Kootie, in this life, and 'for all eternity.'  Endless snark for us.

• Love 10

I wonder the percentage of their viewership who is just in it for the delicious post-episode snark...although Meri's "I lurve this MAN!" post got roughly 6,000 likes so I guess they may have more of a following than I want to admit.

Didn't last season end on the marriage counseling between Kody and Meri, where Kody was all, "She misrepresented herself and our marriage failed through no fault of my own!"  And yet now we're getting a love post from Meri?  Do they think the majority of their fanbase "forgot" the seething lump of sweaty orange foundation and polyester that glowered on the far right side of the couch for the past 12 seasons?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Janelle who turned her back on her friends and family for the cult of Captain Tight Pants so she could enjoy the big family with minimal household work. She isn't emotionally self aware enough to process what is actually going on around her making her miserable.  She calls herself an emotional eater...but tries to deny actually having the emotions that lead her to disengage. 

Love this entire post but the bolded line is the best description of Janelle I have ever read, hands-down.

And since I've been rewatching this show in the morning when I need background noise while I sip my coffee and play Angry Birds, it's straight-up chilling how manipulative Robyn has been since the absolute beginning.  I have no doubt that she formulated a lengthy step by step plan and played it all out flawlessly.  However, she probably didn't bargain on the fact that her shiny surfer-dude man-toy was going to leave her destitute and potentially homeless once the TLC checks stop coming in.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I guess I am most shocked by the fact that they think everyone who watches is someone who just loves them and somehow doesn't see how bloody miserable they all are.  

It would be interesting to know how many watch because they love the Browns and how many are hate watching or just rubbernecking at the train-wreck.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, deirdra said:

It would be interesting to know how many watch because they love the Browns and how many are hate watching or just rubbernecking at the train-wreck.

Count me in as a hate watching rubbernecker.  Originally I started watching in the hopes of learning about a different lifestyle and how it could possibly work.  My main concern was what happened to the excess males, given a birth ratio of roughly 50/50.  I would think that polygamy would be more attractive to males than females.  Are the young females really brainwashed to believe that this will bring them salvation?

For a time I belonged to a FB site run by polygamists and had hoped to find the answer there.  Twice over a period of time I asked the administrator of the site, who had been an active polygamist and was hoping to resume the life, how this imbalance worked out.  My queries were dismissed with the statement--- "it doesn't seem to be a problem".

I guess this account for the "Lost Boys" I have read about but I think this only happens now in the isolated cults where the kids are never exposed to life outside their own tight circle.  If I could say anything positive about the Brown's, it would be that they permitted public education for their kids, giving them the opportunity to see a broader perspective.

• Love 11

Yes, the "lost boys" is one of the saddest things in a culture that has a tremendous amount of sadness.  I cannot imagine the pain when your spiritual "leaders" decide to send your 15-year old son out into the world by himself with no money or education, just because he might catch the eye of a young woman who has already been spoken for by a 82 year old man.  It's sickening.

• Love 7

I’m wondering if Kody is now treating Meri better in order to get more work/cash ought of her, and I’m wondering if Meri is treating Kody better so he will pull her through that veil.  But at the end of it all, Meri just told us what we already knew - none of this is real. 

Edited by Just Wondering
Apostrophe
  • Love 6

I don't really "hate watch" but I am fascinated by the train wreck aspect. Initially, I enjoyed watching because I thought the interactions between the adults and the kids were interesting (and among the 5 adults). I was especially impressed by Logan, as most of us were. I admired the way the family seemed to accept the growth of their children away from "the lifestyle" of polygamy. 

That all changed with the catfish. The long slog of episodes devoted to that situation, the deflections and refusals to confront what had actually happened and the failure to admit that it foregrounded the dark side of polygamy.  If Kody had admitted to emotionally abandoning Meri (and Christine, for that matter); if Meri had admitted to being sad, lonely and unloved, that would have been interesting (and perhaps cathartic for all of them). After that the show really became a tedious slog. And as the kids departed one by one, there was no longer much of interest from that angle. We were left with 5 adults who really have nothing much to offer to each other or to an audience. I still watch, hoping for some honesty, and some sort of story other than moving, planning a move, moving again, buying, moving etc.

• Love 20
11 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I don't know, either. Everything we see between Meri and Kody appears to be misery and discontent. Kody openly seems to detest Meri. They've both pretty much said their marriage is over and Kody has said he wasn't sure he'd marry her again and that it was a mistake. 

I don't know many women who would "stay" knowing this. And even if they did try to make it work (you know, a tv show), Meri is so passive aggressive and demanding that it's going to make it hell for everyone else (more material for hate-watching).

It feels like this is an announcement to get people to watch the upcoming season. Regardless of what this announcement shows, I remember seeing the hate towards Meri in Kody's recessed, beady caveman eyes. There's no love there. Just a contract to film another season. 

All I know is that if my DH said this about our relationship it would not only embarrass me, it would break my heart into two jagged pieces. Even if he only said it for the ratings I don't think I would handle it well.  Either Meri is too thick in the head to get it or she is so desperate to belong to a group, any group, that she's willing to take this much punishment to stay, even if it's just on the fringes.  Even if its for a paycheck I think I would have still been outta there after that episode, that was so bad, and on national t.v.   

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Just Wondering said:

I’m wondering if Kody is now treating Meri better in order to get more work/cash ought of her, and I’m wondering if Meri is treating Kody better so he will pull her through that veil.  But at the end of it all, Meri just told us what we already knew - none of this is real. 

Ten to one he's not getting a cent of the money she "earns" on her own. Not one cent. 

Most of her extra money probably gets sunk into the B&B. No profits this year and it looks like three of the four bedrooms are occupied (by Meri, Mariah, Audrey and Meri's mom) right now. 

• Love 14

With all the things, objects, art, nature available in the world and universe, why is her choice to grace her social media with a continuing stream of her fake face.

She should just sell autograph photos  . . . or packs of her face like baseball cards. Or maybe a montage of her favorite filtered face as a screensaver for her culty fans. Instead of the crappy Lizzies logo, just use her face on the rice crispie treat label.

Come on Meri, if you are so enamored with sharing your mug, let loose. The possibilities are endless.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

With all the things, objects, art, nature available in the world and universe, why is her choice to grace her social media with a continuing stream of her fake face.

She should just sell autograph photos  . . . or packs of her face like baseball cards. Or maybe a montage of her favorite filtered face as a screensaver for her culty fans. Instead of the crappy Lizzies logo, just use her face on the rice crispie treat label.

Come on Meri, if you are so enamored with sharing your mug, let loose. The possibilities are endless.

A Tarot Card deck with a LuLaRo theme?

...I'll show myself out...

• LOL 10