Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

$29.95 for 8, plus shipping and taxes, according to the site. They do not give the size, or weight.

I love how these blurbs read as if they're being written by a publicist or a biographer or something.  Come on, Mere, we know it's all you.  You've had five unoccupied rooms since March, I doubt you've gone and hired a professional writer to come up with interesting things to say about square popcorn balls made in the kitchen of an abandoned B&B, where dogs roam free and adult children wear sports bras and do not shave their pits.  Yum, pass me another square ball, please!!

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
On 10/1/2020 at 3:36 PM, VegasVixen said:

I went to Pinterest and found a recipe for it right away. Not so much a  secret there, Meri🙄 She's such a snob...Oh and the cookie butter rice crispy treats are on Pinterest too. No need to pay 45 dollars for Meri's. 

And a snob for no actual reason. Meri is unlikable, wears and sells ugly clothes, is brutish, over-sensitive and a self-seeking D-list TV personality. And, since the recipe was so easily found, let's add lying shitbag. 

So. Full. Of. Herself. For a couple seconds I felt bad thinking this, but it went away because Meri is so dislikable: It's no wonder Kody hated her (but says he cares sometimes because he has to). Of course that only added to her discontent, crying and dramatic tendencies and look what we have now--a woman who claims recipes are a secret but can actually be found on Pinterest. 😆

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 10/1/2020 at 2:36 AM, Sandy W said:

In the comments, someone asked for the recipe.  Meri's response was "sorry friend, we can't share our secrets, maybe one day".

The 'maybe one day' means to me she is plotting a grand 'secret recipe' cookbook of these delights.  She's just deciding how much she can charge, plus shipping. 😊

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

What planet does she inhabit?  There are over 13 million people unemployed in the US and she thinks she can get people ot pay $30 for something anybody can make for pennies?  Good lord, that woman.

I joined her LulaRoe Facebook group. She has people buying t-shirts that look like they came from Walmart for $25 and $30. One day, she was selling her own used clothes out of her closet and people were snapping them up. So I have a sad feeling that the overpriced popcorn is selling as well.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I joined her LulaRoe Facebook group. She has people buying t-shirts that look like they came from Walmart for $25 and $30. One day, she was selling her own used clothes out of her closet and people were snapping them up. So I have a sad feeling that the overpriced popcorn is selling as well.

She's a star!  People buy the popcorn and have it bronzed so that they can set it on display somewhere in the living room.

• LOL 6

I ask this seriously, do the Browns have legions of leghumpers?  Like, more of them than of us?  Because there are very few people whose sweaty clothes I would buy right out of their closets and of those few people, three of them belong to the same boy band so I don't really get the appeal.  Also, does Meri pay for the dry cleaning to remove the orange foundation smears she leaves on every t-shirt?  What about the mascara tears, do those come out in the wash?     

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I ask this seriously, do the Browns have legions of leghumpers?  Like, more of them than of us?

It boggles the mind.  What a bizarre world in which we live.  Castoffs from some Z list celebrity.  Sheesh.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

It boggles the mind.  What a bizarre world in which we live.  Castoffs from some Z list celebrity.  Sheesh.

Personally I wouldn't want used clothing from ANY celebrity that I can think of, no matter how yummy.  But I get that people DO like collecting things like that.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

But I get that people DO like collecting things like that.

Maybe from Princess Di.  Or Elizabeth Taylor.  But Meri?  Bad juju if you ask me.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:
16 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

But I get that people DO like collecting things like that.

Maybe from Princess Di.  Or Elizabeth Taylor.  But Meri?  Bad juju if you as me.

And maybe some article of clothing like a leather jacket that they wore while performing at a concert venue filled with 20,000 people or so.  Or something they wore in a movie.  But schweaty LULAROT?  SERIOUSLY?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Maybe from Princess Di.  Or Elizabeth Taylor.  But Meri?  Bad juju if you ask me.

Even if I couldn't squeeze myself into them, It would be amazing to own for display a gown from one of the icons.  Princess Di, Liz Taylor, Audrey Hepburn...Yes.  

I would find anything Meri wore to be about as desirable as Monica's infamous blue dress.🤢

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I ask this seriously, do the Browns have legions of leghumpers?  Like, more of them than of us?  Because there are very few people whose sweaty clothes I would buy right out of their closets and of those few people, three of them belong to the same boy band so I don't really get the appeal.  Also, does Meri pay for the dry cleaning to remove the orange foundation smears she leaves on every t-shirt?  What about the mascara tears, do those come out in the wash?     

When I jumped on Meri's Facebook Live, there were over 500 people. I have no idea how many are fans and how many are gawking like me. But the commenters were all leg humpers. And almost all the new LulaRoe stuff she holds up gets bought by someone. Even though they look like the same t-shirts you can find at Target or Kohls for $10 or less. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Kellyee said:

People are so dumb. If it had been Jennifer Lopez selling her clothes out of her closet, I might see that differently. But Meri Brown? Also I'm sure it only adds to her feelings of self-importance. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Oh hey, minus the meat for Mariah.  Woke people don’t eat meat y’all. 

I would like to know since when did she go vegetarian - I can remember when they were living in Chicago posting about all the food and I don't recall it being meatless, except for that hot dog that looked like it was an appendage from a corpse.

• LOL 10

I am so entertained by Mariah (happy its from a distance). Gotta say she was much more entertaining when she was in Chicago vs Heritage Inn. I bet Chicago Mariah isn't a very good marketing campaign for the Inn or the show. Bummed about that. I find her fascinating, like watching someone from another planet. The hypocrisy, righteousness, arrogance, anger and immaturity are quite the combo. Wish I had a fast foward button. From the anonymous safety of my zipcode, I'd love to watch a show following her "journey".

. . . lol . . . a "kind of" vegetarian

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
On 10/15/2020 at 4:27 PM, deirdra said:

I'd eat the bacon & orange slice and leave the sugar & starch for Pudgier & Sludgier.

It looks like they sprinkled powdered sugar on the bacon, too. Way too much sugar on that plate even if they didn't. But then, my favorite breakfast is cold pizza and diet Pepsi which probably isn't any healthier.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Meri is on Facebook Live right now. There are 229 people logged on. Not sure how many are serious shoppers. She is selling what amounts to a pull on shawl for $52 plus $5 for shipping!! You could find the same thing cheaper at Kohls or even Old Navy. 

And people are buying them. Seriously.

Edited by Kellyee
  • LOL 1
On 10/15/2020 at 11:44 PM, Meowwww said:

Oh hey, minus the meat for Mariah.  Woke people don’t eat meat y’all. 

So whenever Audge dares to put a piece of bacon or steak in her mouth, does Pudge belittle her and call her names like she does her Instagram followers?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 10/19/2020 at 12:38 PM, Kellyee said:

Meri is on Facebook Live right now. There are 229 people logged on. Not sure how many are serious shoppers. She is selling what amounts to a pull on shawl for $52 plus $5 for shipping!! You could find the same thing cheaper at Kohls or even Old Navy. 

And people are buying them. Seriously.

And it just feeds into Meri's already inflated, self-important ego. No matter how hard Meri tries to hide it, her core is pure Mean Girl. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

And it just feeds into Meri's already inflated, self-important ego. No matter how hard Meri tries to hide it, her core is pure Mean Girl. 

While I would agree with you that Meri is a “mean girl,” the next question to come to mind is, but has she always been that way, or is she a product of her environment?  I would be very interested to hear someone from her childhood or an old high school friend describe Meri from those years and determine if she was a mean girl back then or if she developed that personality trait as a defense mechanism in order to survive in polygamy.  Has anyone ever seen anything written about Meri’s early years?  I would be curious.

As for this show, I am so bored with it that in my mind I have already reassigned everyone to different characters/television shows in my head and try to imagine them actually doing something interesting or at least funny.  I guess Covid boredom will do that to you.  I’m currently running scenarios in my head that include Meri and Christine acting out scenes from Laverne and Shirley and I’ve grouped Kootie, Janelle and Robochin into reruns of Three’s Company . . .

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

While I would agree with you that Meri is a “mean girl,” the next question to come to mind is, but has she always been that way, or is she a product of her environment?  I would be very interested to hear someone from her childhood or an old high school friend describe Meri from those years and determine if she was a mean girl back then or if she developed that personality trait as a defense mechanism in order to survive in polygamy.  Has anyone ever seen anything written about Meri’s early years?  I would be curious.

Food for thought HWG, I know nothing about Meri's childhood years, except that she was one of 25 children in her family.  A lot may be dependent on how adapted her mother was to the life.  If her mother felt jealousy and resentment of the other wives, this surely would have affected Meri's attitude. 

OTOH, Christine, who I know nothing about siblings or where her own mother fell in the pecking order, seems far more suited to the lifestyle.  I recall her once saying something about one of the other wives and Kody's distribution of affection when she said something like, "well he gosh darn better show her love".  Strangely, Christine has this accepting attitude when her own mother left the polygamist lifestyle, presumably because she found it intolerable.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

This is kind of interesting - of Kody's four wives, one of them has a mother who left polygamy, one of them divorced Kody's former brother in law, one of them divorced an evil evil man who stole her cookies but she was still cool with sending her kids off to him for an extended vacay, and one of them had an affair with a banana.

Tell me again....how does this lifestyle make each of them better?

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

This is kind of interesting - of Kody's four wives, one of them has a mother who left polygamy, one of them divorced Kody's former brother in law, one of them divorced an evil evil man who stole her cookies but she was still cool with sending her kids off to him for an extended vacay, and one of them had an affair with a banana.

It makes Kody happy to have his cookies and eat them, too.  Only now he only has Robyn's cookie.

• LOL 12
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I never thought of it in quite this way, but this just about covers it! Cray cray!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, suomi said:

Arrested development plus ancestor worship divided by desperation due to zero paying guests for six months = Stop it! Just. Stop. 

Add a trip to Dollar General to the equation.👻

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I wonder what surprise Meri has in store for the few Trick or Treaters that are bold enough to approach the Inn.  Will it be $5. Rice Krispie squares or something more practical like a slate coaster or a $15. crocheted potholder?

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder what surprise Meri has in store for the few Trick or Treaters that are bold enough to approach the Inn.  Will it be $5. Rice Krispie squares or something more practical like a slate coaster or a $15. crocheted potholder?

Surely you jest!  Meri?  She will turn out all of the lights and pretend she isn't home.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Surely you jest!  Meri?  She will turn out all of the lights and pretend she isn't home.

The kids would probably have more fun tormenting the oddball neighbor across the street anyhow.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 10/21/2020 at 4:33 PM, Kyanight said:

It makes Kody happy to have his cookies and eat them, too.  Only now he only has Robyn's cookie.

Too bad it's stale and bitter now.

On 10/22/2020 at 9:36 AM, Sandy W said:

I assume she'll wrap her magnificent one-of-a-kind Rice Krispie treats using her stockpile of unsold, only slightly damp LLR leggings and enclose her business card in each one...something for the kiddies and something for their mamas too!

• LOL 13

I didn't know whether to drop this in the Meri or Janelle topic, but since I have more to say about Meri I'll drop it here: 

https://soapdirt.com/sister-wives-janelle-brown-finds-meri-terrifying/

Even though I'm no fan of Janelle either, I find it satisfying that Meri has had to go through so much pain after how she once tormented Janelle. You don't accept someone as a sister wife into the family and then proceed to bully her--just say no to the whole thing. 

I know Janelle isn't completely innocent in this, but given Meri is an aggressive ox (who then cries and plays victim whenever confronted), I feel like she had that misery coming. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

You don't accept someone as a sister wife into the family and then proceed to bully her--just say no to the whole thing.

That's exactly where I lost any sympathy for Meri.  It's been said that Kody and Janelle "courted" behind Meri's back and sprung the intention to wed on Meri by surprise.  Surely, she must have known even a few days in advance, and at that time she had the power to say NOPE, I did agree to plural marriage, but not with my SIL.  At that time, according to what I have read, Kody and Meri were very much in love and I believe if she had firmly stated that this particular arrangement was unacceptable, Kody would have to make a choice.

I can't help but wonder if the incentive for Meri agreeing to the marriage was the fact that Janelle had a pretty good government job, leaving Meri in the position of being able to take off from her part-time job on romantic business getaways with Kody.  Add to this, Meri's ego would have dictated that Janelle was no competition as far as physical appearance was concerned, little did she know at the time that her resentment of Janelle would grow as Janelle produced children in rapid succession, compounding Meri's animosity to Janelle.

Sharing your husband with your former SIL???  In Meri's own words, that would be just "weird".

• Useful 1
  • Love 6