Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Two Birds, One Millstone

If Michaela were anything like Wes, she wouldn't be making doe eyes at Caleb... she'd still be whining about Levi, all up in the police station trying to see Levi, making every conversation about Levi, harassing everyone else because "why don't you care about Levi?", and by now Levi would have been their client because, lest we forget, the only reason Rebecca was ever their client was because Wes kept holding his breath and throwing tantrums until Annalise gave in and took on Rebecca's useless, trifling, lying, thieving, STUPID ass. The difference is Michaela is smart enough to see Levi as bad news and actually stay the hell away from him. Rebecca was shitty to everyone she came into contact with, INCLUDING Wes, but yet Wes very early on dedicated his life to Rebecca and is angry that everyone else isn't doing the same. Has he even tried to help that poor guy that Rebecca set up get out of the mental health ward? No? Ok.

He had the GALL to tell Annalise "my mother was nothing like you, she would do anything for me." Wes, you killed a man...are you in jail? Are you even a suspect? Remember why? Then SHUT THE HELL UP. If it turns out that it's Wes who shot Annalise over Rebecca's musty ass....RAGE.

This...all of this so much. And word about the bolded and let's not forget how he had zero issues with Frank's shady dealings when Frank planted Lila's phone in the football player's car to make him look guilty. Wes had ZERO problems setting someone else for Lila's murder because it was all okay as long as Rebecca got off because Rebecca was obviously innocent just because she said she didn't do it. Oh and let's not forget his having no problems with Nate being set up for Sam's murder.

Gee, has he told his new buddy Nate about that fact while he's using him to find out the truth about Rebecca. So I was absolutely cheering Michaela's constant comments at him, especially when she told him everything bad in their life is his fault. I just want one of them when he starts on his Rebecca bullshit again to just yell, "I don't give a fuck about Rebecca and what happened or didn't happen to her..."

Frank thought Catherine was dead but she turned out to be alive was a great twist.

I'm pretty sure he knows she was alive. My guess is he drugged her to get her to pass out and they will likely try to pin the DA's murder and Annalise's shooting on her. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 8

Michaela isn't obsessed about Caleb, yet. But her entire s/l is slowly becoming about him. And her cape is already out, ready to save him. I would've had no problem if those statements came from Laurel or Conner. But Michaela? No. She keeps says Wes "let her" sleep with Levi, that is what she is upset about. But No that was her desperation that did. The same thing which now has her making googly eyes at her potentially murderous client.

• Love 2

I think what she was saying is that Wes "let" her keep sleeping with Levi even though he knew who Levi was, and that if he had told her that information, she never would have stayed with Levi.

I pretty much loved how this episode she was verbally slapping Wes upside his head.  He deserved that.

• Love 13

I think what she was saying is that Wes "let" her keep sleeping with Levi even though he knew who Levi was, and that if he had told her that information, she never would have stayed with Levi.

I pretty much loved how this episode she was verbally slapping Wes upside his head.  He deserved that.

This. Also I don't agree that she was only upset about the Levi factor. I think she was also upset that after that he dragged them to some storage unit once AGAIN because of Rebecca, all for it to be a bust and then he was still blabbing on about it even after they all told him they didn't care and didn't want to hear it. It's always about Rebecca for him and always has been about Rebecca which started the whole spiral of events last season and he's STILL at it which is what Michaela is pissed off about and stating that everything wrong in their life is his stupid fault. As for the case, I don't think much of Michaela's issues was about any crush she has on Caleb and more the theory of it maybe being the birth parents. She clearly had a lot of hang ups about that because she herself was adopted. 

• Love 12

So why does she keep harping on the point about Wes letting her sleep with Levi? She's not mentioning anything else. She was defending Wes to Conner before the Levi situation.

And yea she was adopted like Caleb so she believes him and wants to help him. Wes grew up without his parents like Rebecca which is why he believed her and wanted to help her. The writers are drawing pretty clear parallels between the two situations. They might not end the same. But I predict we're heading towards a s/l where the adopted sister is the killer, Caleb is trying to protect her because he loves her, and Michaela is trying to save Caleb from her, for it to all blow up in everyone's face. There's a reason he's the one bonding with the keating 5, not the sister. He's going to be the one they believe is "good" and try to save.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 1

If my friend found out that I was sleeping with someone that was using me for nefarious purposes and didn't tell me and let me stay with them, well, that would be at the forefront of every burst of anger I had at that friend for a long while. And I would make sure to have bursts of anger at said person often.

• Love 18

Wes and Michaela are friends? Pretty sure they are just stuck together because of the situation. And Wes did try with Levi, which I was surprised by because Wes and Michaela have never had a single friendship scene, or any scene really with just the two of them, on this show. Pretty sure they only speak in a group setting and Michaela sees him as beneath her. So her bursts of anger at Wes because she hopped in bed with another man who doesn't want her doesn't move me. And this is coming from someone who liked Michaela before the Levi, and now Caleb situation.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 1

I prayed and prayed but Wes is just not a rational dude. His emotions dictate every move he makes. Anyone with a semi working brain would have stayed away from Rebecca because the girl was clearly bad news. But Eiffel Tower rode for that girl because he was in luuv lol. You can't reason with someone like that by being logical, you have to manipulate his feelings to make him act accordingly.

But I did love the scene with AK in his dusty apartment. His outburst was needed and well acted by Alfie. I still can't stand Wes but we're making progress. I'd take mommy issues over mourning the loss of a trick who could't even do a decent smokey eye

• Love 3

I could always tell Wes's Rebecca obsession comes from his mommy issues. He couldn't save his mother, tried to save Rebecca, couldn't save her, so now he's about to blow. He needs therapy.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 2

Wes and Michaela are friends?

Forgive me, but I don't understand the point you are trying to make.  Be it a friend, colleague, or, hey, a PERSON WHO MURDERED SOMEONE that I helped to cover up, why is it impossible to understand that Michaela was upset that he let someone fuck her, even when he knew that person was using her. 

• Love 16

Forgive me, but I don't understand the point you are trying to make. Be it a friend, colleague, or, hey, a PERSON WHO MURDERED SOMEONE that I helped to cover up, why is it impossible to understand that Michaela was upset that he let someone fuck her, even when he knew that person was using her.

He 'let someone sleep with her' this is my issue. She is a grown ass woman who decided to hop in bed with someone she didn't know. She let eggs sleep with her. She made the decision to spread her legs for someone she does not know. I recall a conversation with Conner telling her to just "sit on him" the hell with who he is or what he does, and she did. Then, she was walking around bragging about her "new boyfriend" when she barely knew him. So harping at Wes about "letting her sleep with a drug dealer" sounds crazy to me. She let Levi sleep with her, not Wes. Levi lied to Wes he didn't even know they were banging, and when he found out, he confronted Levi. Michaela found out who he was the same ep. She's acting as if her and Wes were besties and he knew she about to quickly hop in the sack with Levi.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 1

I could always tell Wes's Rebecca obsession comes from his mommy issues. He couldn't save his mother, tried to save Rebecca, couldn't save her, so now he's about to blow. He needs therapy.

Agreed, Annalise knew about that and it seems to be why they have a special 'bond' from the Keating 5.

He 'let someone sleep with her' this is my issue. She is a grown ass woman who decided to hop in bed with someone she didn't know. She let eggs sleep with her. She made the decision to spread her legs for someone she does not know. I recall a conversation with Conner telling her to just "sit on him" the hell with who he is or what he does, and she did. Then, she was walking around bragging about her "new boyfriend" when she barely knew him. So harping at Wes about "letting her sleep with a drug dealer" sounds crazy to me. She let Eggs sleep with her, not Wes. Levi lied to Wes he didn't even know they were banging, and when he found out, he confronted eggs. Michaela found out who he was the same ep. She's acting as if her and Wes were besties and he knew she about to quickly hop in the sack with Levi.

Wes realised that Levi was connected to Rebecca when he saw the picture on Michaela's phone and recognised him from Rebecca's picture. 

Wes intercepted Levi outside Michaela's house, found out that he was Rebecca's foster brother and warned him off of Michaela. 

Next episode Levi was staying at Wes' place and Wes found out that Levi was still seeing Michaela, and he again confronted Levi about it but didn't bother to tell Michaela who he was. 

Then later that episode Michaela found out who Levi was. 

As I said earlier, Wes didn't act maliciously towards Michaela but he was stupid to trust Levi instead of just telling Michaela. 

Yes Michaela is a grown woman who made her own decision to sleep with Levi, but she did so without knowing a crucial piece of information about him that Wes did know. 

I'm sure Michaela is annoyed with herself over the situation (and in this episode she, lightheartedly, reminded Conner of his part in the Levi stuff) but I can also see why she's annoyed with Wes too. 

• Love 11

Wes did not know michaela's feelings about Levi until he heard them on the phone, which was the same ep she found out who he was. Wes knew Levi was sniffing around, the ep before, but based on what little Wes seems to know about Michaela, I could easily seem him not thinking she would get intimate with him, so quickly. Michaela and Levi went from 0 to 100.

I have no problem with annoyance but the whole you "let me" do it!" foolishness is what bugs. And yea I caught the line to Conner to. Just sounds like she trying to shift blame for her making the decision to hop in the bed with Levi so quickly, not knowing who he was. It's your fault! And yours! Not mine! Wah! Wah!

Edited by dirtypop90
As I said earlier, Wes didn't act maliciously towards Michaela but he was stupid to trust Levi instead of just telling Michaela.  Yes Michaela is a grown woman who made her own decision to sleep with Levi, but she did so without knowing a crucial piece of information about him that Wes did know.

Hee! I was originally going to stop what I quoted above at "but he was stupid"!

I think you summed up the storyline quite well.  Thanks.

Edited by pennben

It's not about the sex in general, it's about not letting her know WHO HE REALLY IS* because he withheld information from her.  Even if he weren't "Eggs" but Wes knew something about him that Michaela didn't, Wes should have told Michaela and not "talked to Levi" on her behalf.

* which is the inferred part of the sentence.  It's not really about the sex it's about the the "who".

• Love 8

Doesn't this show have only the "Gotcha!" flashback/flash forward structure? I mean, it does away with the need for annoying things like characterization or plot logic.

I'm not persuaded that having the audience question the authenticity of everything about Keating, up to and including a dish of peach cobbler, is evidence that the show is good. Just the opposite, for me.

I thought Annalise told Michaela to "use your breasts" to get close to Caleb. If M is getting interested sincerely also, that's on her, but I am not sure what percentage of her glee that it's working is about an actual interest vs a feeling that she's successfully using her power in the way Annalise wants, and thus may get favor from that.

I also think Wes had an obligation to warn Michaela of who Levi was. Wes himself seems to realize this, and threatened Levi that he would tell M who L was, if L didn't break it off. But in the end, Wes chose his desire to have allies searching for Rebecca than to carry out his obligation as a decent human being to warn Michaela that she was being scammed.

I think it's quite interesting that the show has managed to make us all super-annoyed with Wes, when in fact he's the only person in the group who's pursuing the truth. What happened to Rebecca should concern them all, if for no reason than that if she's alive she might tattle on them. But beyond that, she was murdered, and she was innocent. Wanting to know what happened is not a bad thing. And Wes is right-- someone killed her, and Annalise is not being totally forthcoming about what she knows. But still-- he comes off as obsessed and irritating rather than noble and in the right.

• Love 4

It's not about the sex in general, it's about not letting her know WHO HE REALLY IS* because he withheld information from her. Even if he weren't "Eggs" but Wes knew something about him that Michaela didn't, Wes should have told Michaela and not "talked to Levi" on her behalf.

* which is the inferred part of the sentence. It's not really about the sex it's about the the "who".

Right, if the argument is that Michaela is a grown woman who can make her own choices, Wes could have just talked to her first, grown up to grown up, instead of playing the gallant defender to Levi behind her back. But then, "gallant defender of a supposedly helpless woman" is kind of a default mode for Wes.

• Love 8

It's not about the sex in general, it's about not letting her know WHO HE REALLY IS* because he withheld information from her. Even if he weren't "Eggs" but Wes knew something about him that Michaela didn't, Wes should have told Michaela and not "talked to Levi" on her behalf.

* which is the inferred part of the sentence. It's not really about the sex it's about the the "who".

But even so, sounds like shifting blame. She's upset she switched from her usual process of vetting her romantic partners and getting to know them before hopping in the sack with them. But instead of acknowledging that at all, she's just saying Wes "let her do it" and Conner convinced her to do it. It bugs me. But I get others see it differently. I almost never like it when characters play victim and fail to self-reflect.

I don't think Wes sees Michaela as helpless at all. In fact, I think he would be more likely to believe Michaela would sniff out Levi was bad news before she slept with Levi. Instead of quickly sleeping with Levi, and then playing wronged woman. Michaela acted "out of character" with Levi which was pretty much the whole point of the s/l.

Edited by dirtypop90
So why does she keep harping on the point about Wes letting her sleep with Levi? She's not mentioning anything else. She was defending Wes to Conner before the Levi situation.

When was she still harping on this? Michaela and Wes' first confrontation last night came when she and Connor walked in on him and Laurel talking about the money they found in the storage unit and him still insisting it had to do with Rebecca. That pissed her off as she wanted no part of it and thought he needed to quit with it. So she isn't not mentioning anything else but Levi. She is very much harping on Wes' constant obsession with Rebecca and trying to drag them down in his mess again.

The Levi situation she referenced when Connor was telling her to go for it with Caleb and she rightly noted that the last time Connor told her to go for it with someone, he ended up being a lying, drug dealer and that was it. As someone noted, unlike Wes and his Rebecca obsession crap, Michaela seems more than ready to put Levi behind her and yes she's mad at Wes, as well as herself for the situation happening. 

As for Caleb, yes she clearly has a crush and thinks he might be innocent but so far, she has done nothing but her job. Annalise was the one who told her to use her boobs to get to Caleb while she didn't want to do that and instead she just tried connecting with him on a real level to get information. So far Michaela is not doggedly on a "Caleb is innocent" campaign and ready to do any and everything because of that, like Wes did with Rebecca.

Until we get there with her, I refuse to compare her to Wes the dolt who by this time last season, had already faked an ID to get in and see Rebecca in prison and went crying and stomping to Annalise about why she just had to take on Rebecca's case because it was all so unfair and she was obviously so innocent and being scapegoated because she was poor and blah, blah...

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9

It started the previous ep. Connor and Laurel were reasonably upset he dragged them to the shed, and what does Michael say, "You let me sleep with eggs 911!" My response, girl what? Hopefully that was just a funny line and she doesn't actually believe this....ffwd to this ep...nope she's still blaming Wes for letting her sleep with Levi. Hopefully, she never says it again, or is more clear about what she's actually mad about it.

And her being mad at Wes "letting her sleep with a drug dealer" when she's lusting over a boy on trial for murder...I got to laugh

I haven't defended Wes in a long time and used to defend Michaela last season, but I would've loved if he told her to look in the mirror and peep her desperation.

Edited by dirtypop90

The plots are so batshit crazy, the people essentially unlikeable, that all I am watching the show for anymore are the sex scenes between Conor and Oliver.

Best part of the show.  The worst is the rest of it.

Bonnie probably made the cobbler. She'd do anything for Annalise.

Eh, Bonnie does not seem like she could make good cobbler.  She caves too easily under pressure to be proficient at scratch cooking.;-)

I believe Annalise slaved over that cobbler.

It's hard to believe that Ollie, an experienced hacker, didn't have programs that would detect that his laptop was hacked.

This is hard for me to believe as well.  I hope this does not bode negatively for Ollie - I liked him from day one and I think this show needs at least one redeeming character.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 3

It's hard to believe that Ollie, an experienced hacker, didn't have programs that would detect that his laptop was hacked.  If he did, then the new suspect must be an advanced hacker who, after he detected Ollie's hack and got the IP address of his laptop, probably used a high level. almost undetectable "backdoor"  hack on it that gave him complete control.  Ollie may have been over matched on this one and it could cost him.  Wait is this show "How to Get Away..." or CSI:Cyber?

^ no way! TPTB must know he's one of the maybe three likable people on this show

You're a kind soul with a very generous definition of likable...LOL!

^LOL! There is Connor, at the moment. Eve may be coming and may remain ok? And the girl adopted sibling who gets no screen time hasn't done anything to upset me yet. But they're obviously going with her bad, Caleb good (who I'm not into because the actor is bad), so yea...LOL

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 2

I haven't watched it last night but did want to explain this:

A showing at 7? Lucky.

CTV carries the show in Canada.  Atlantic Canada is 1 hour ahead of Eastern (and Newfoundland is 90 minutes ahead.)  Most of the shows are simulcast as the same time as the US so CTV can air Canadian ads.  However for Atlantic Canada to still broadcast the national news at 11 PM, the show that would air at 10 pm locally would air at 8 PM their time, 7 PM for Eastern.  Depending who the satellite or cable provider is in Canada, you can get the CTV feed across all time zones. 

• Love 2

Last season everyone (Keating4/AK/Rebecca) piled on Wes because he wasn't adjusting to the fact that he killed Sam, or at least he wasn't adjusting quickly enough for their taste. He felt the weight of that responsibility, which is such a buzzkill, omg! He's transferred that burden of guilt to whatever happened to Rebecca, and he's "paranoid" because he believes she's dead? She is dead! I agree that hearing him say RebeccaRebeccaRebecca is annoying but actually having guilt about killing a person (Sam) or putting them in harm's way (Rebecca) gives him one of the few characters with an intact moral center. Captain Save a Ho seems to be his allotted role on the show.

But this show is almost virtuostic at making you root for the most despicable characters when you know better.

I refuse to believe Asher took part in that gang rape. I really wish the show hadn't gone there, because so many shows cross a line like that and think they can be all bygones! when they've actually destroyed something essential about a character. I think he probably knew and/or was complicit in some way, like the house was owned by the Millstones, but I really hope they're not going to make him a gang rapist, when he, again, despite being annoying is one of the few characters who struggles with ethics and has been shown to try to do the right thing.

One thing that is starting to confuse me more than the flashforwards is the layers of lying going on. So many, many lies! I can barely keep track of them. Bare-faced lies, lies of omission, half-truths - it's mind-boggling.

• Love 2

I don't think Asher himself is a gang rapist.   That the DA said, to Bonnie that the girl was gang raped was very manipulative.  Perhaps the rape happened in Asher's home; there was a party and a girl was gang raped.  But the fact the DA said "she was gang raped" not "Asher raped her" kind of made me wonder.

I really don't need likable characters to like a TV show because these characters aren't real people, it's all pretend; it's not like I have to invite these folks to tea or something..

• Love 9

I refuse to believe Asher took part in that gang rape. I really wish the show hadn't gone there, because so many shows cross a line like that and think they can be all bygones! when they've actually destroyed something essential about a character. I think he probably knew and/or was complicit in some way, like the house was owned by the Millstones, but I really hope they're not going to make him a gang rapist, when he, again, despite being annoying is one of the few characters who struggles with ethics and has been shown to try to do the right thing.

It probably was in his frat. house, and the only way I'm not side eyeing him is if he wasn't there at all when it happened. As in he walked through the door as the girl was running out after the gang rape. Or he was in his room knocked out sleeping when it occurred.  Otherwise he's gotta a problem in that he just another privileged white boy who got his powerful daddy to make his troubles go away. Yet when it works for him, he questions the ethics and morals of that same father because the fact is deep down, he's just like him. He doesn't want to be, but he is.

And it's because he doesn't want to be like him that he finally goes into a police station this time around and confesses that there has been a crime, like maybe he failed to do with the rape?

None of these characters can disappoint me because I'm not looking to root for them. I'm side eyeing every last one of them. Quite frankly,  I think that's what I'm supposed to do.

Anyway, back to who tried to murder Anna and Nate's phone call of concern to her cell on that night, I think that's all part of his alibi right? Now that I think about it, it's just like her call to her husband's phone on the night he was murdered.

My problem is, as of right now Nate has no business being that mad at Anna, not murderous mad, please. He has his job back and he was complicit in the affair he was having. All the time he was fucking Anna, he could have very well CHOSEN to be by his dying wife's bedside. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 1

Isn't she though? Goodness, she's so bland and boring it's like she's the outsider more than Asher was. Everyone else is exciting and entertaining to look at, Wes is annoying, Asher is a douche, Anni is a manipulator, Frank is the shit handler, Bonnie is a leech, Oliver is adorable, Connor is an emotional wreck, and Michaela can't keep men to save her life plus her friendship with Connor is great. What is Laurel?? All we know is she has a family she can't stand and sexes up Frank, that's it.

I like Laurel - I think of the five of them, she's the one who is best at keeping a cool/logical head (which may or may not be because she's a sociopath), and she's also kind of been the mediator between the rest of them. She tries to solve conflict. Mostly I like that she isn't totally losing her mind.

I feel a bit bad for her, when she finally learns the truth about Frank.

Frank thought Catherine was dead but she turned out to be alive was a great twist. Him and Laurel are sort of boring me though.

I don't think Frank thought Catherine was dead. If he thought she was dead, he would have done a better job of hiding the body.

• Love 3

Exactly, Wes is not paranoid, he has totally correct instincts.

I think it is normal to be constantly freaking out if you think that the person you were in love with is dead.

I get that the character of Wes annoys some people because his themes are repetitive and stagnant, but I love everything about him.

Laurel has atrociously bad instincts, unless deep down she just really doesn't give a fuck if Frank is a cold-blooded murderer or not.  Then maybe she's spot on.

I still don't get why Bonnie is taking the blame for the murder.

Michaela is the one I find the most one-dimensional.  Maybe it's the actor who plays her.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of depth or nuance.  But then again there isn't depth or nuance to the character either.  

Wes is on a path, he's on a mission, it makes total sense to me, and I get it.  

Captain Save a Ho seems to be his allotted role on the show.

Yeah exactly

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

Annalise specifically tells Wes that Rebecca ran away and that they've looked everywhere for her. So, she's done more than just lie by omission.

Not to mention she repeatedly say's "That's all I know" a definite lie.

• Love 5

This show has me is such a state that I even questioned whether Frank hired those people to pretend to be his family, LOL, I can't. The whole time I was like is this really his family?

Me too! They seemed to hit every stereotype. The dad even said "Mangia." The writing on this show is very good, so I couldn't believe that they would write an Italian family is such a lazy way. It made the whole thing seem fake. Plus, Frank is such a colossal liar that I wouldn't put anything past him.

• Love 5

So, Asher's life is starting to unravel. His dad has disowned him. He and Bonnie are going to be done once she finds out about the gang rape. Maybe he is the one who helped the DA take a header over the balcony and shot Annalise? Have we seen Asher or Bonnie in any of the flash forwards? If Asher did hurt Annalise he better run if Bonnie comes anywhere near him with a plastic sack. 

I yelled out loud when Catherine woke up. I don't know what it is, but Flowers in the Attic are guilty as hell of something.  

If Frank would lay off of the hair product he would be much better looking, IMO. That greasy look just doesn't do it for me. And I totally think that was a fake family. Is Laurel's family part of some mafia? Maybe he wants an intro to them.

Could someone please smack the stupid right out of Wes? What a smug little turd.

Finally, poor Oliver. If they off him I am going to be pissed

• Love 1

'I made you a cobbler." Oh Annalise!  Y'all know girlfriend grabbed a Marie Callender and put that thing in her own casserole dish!

"I will serial kill you."  Yes, Michaela.  Please.  Kill Wes.  Please.  God, I have a soft spot in my heart for Alfie Enoch because he will always be cute little Dean Thomas.  But Wes is such a trifling ass.  I hate him so.  And his continued obsession over the totally worthless Rebecca,  a character I immediately despised from the moment she appeared on screen, pisses me off.  And here I thought we were free of her but nooo.

I thought it was obvious the 'You let me sleep with him.'  Was a somewhat hysterical, unhinged reaction by Michaela and not meant to be taken literally.  It is clear that they are are still spiraling from the after affects of being involved with Sam's death.  Connor and Michaela are the two who were most visibly affected.  Immediately after the fact and now months after. Those two are becoming a bit more unhinged.   Connor acts out, Michaela winds tighter and tighter.  Even Laurel in her way is trying to numb it through desperate sex with Frank.  I don't blame Michaela for lashing out as Wes.,  He is to blame for the crap they are in.  He brought Rebecca to them, he manipulated events to get Annalise on her case and now his continued obsession with her keeps reminding them of the Sam thing -- the thing they are all trying (without much success) to forget.

ETA:  My take on the Oliver thing was that the missing son was some kind of super computer hacker extraordinaire, even better than Oliver and somehow had his system alert him to anyone who hacked in so he could take over the other computer's camera to see who it is?  I don't know if this is really possible or if this falls under the generic 'only on tv computer magic.'  Kinda like people who can isolate words from lots of noise or super res blurry photos so they become so super clear that they can see the fingerprints on someone's hand and pinpoint the killer type stuff.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 4

Me too! They seemed to hit every stereotype. The dad even said "Mangia." The writing on this show is very good, so I couldn't believe that they would write an Italian family is such a lazy way. It made the whole thing seem fake. Plus, Frank is such a colossal liar that I wouldn't put anything past him.

While I totally agree that they used every stereotype imaginable, saying "mangia" isn't all that unusual :P My family is Italian, and although we pretty much exclusively speak English at home, "mangia" is probably the most common Italian word used in our home.

And that's not even including all of the times I get called a mangia-cake!

What really surrprised me about Frank's family was his mother's accent, the sheer number of people in his house, and the visuals of it all.

I do think it's a bit far-fetched that he hired them all, though. I'm not ruling it out completely, but I think it's unlikely.

I'm not sure what this says about me that I actually like Frank and Laurel together, knowing all of the awful things Frank has done. He's just such a good liar that it's hard to see him as the person who killed Lila (not to mention all of the other sketchy stuff he's done). But even in this episode, Laurel's look of minor panic when she realizes where they are, and then her little smile as they're sitting down to eat, really made me root for them as a couple. Of course, it's actually a terrible idea, and Frank could kill Laurel just as easily as he'd ask her to dinner, and I seriously doubt he actually loves her, but he's a good enough liar that I find myself hoping things work out for them despite knowing full well how ridiculous that is.

• Love 4

I see two including myself for Frank's "family" being fake.

I'd also really love to know what's the story between he and Anna, where/when did these two meet up?

Cause the calm,cold, slow, stride out of that hospital, immediately following his frantic, caring, screams to not let Anna die, were chilling.

And did anyone else notice the panning up to what looked to be a camera right outside as Frank was leaving the hospital? Was that a camera?

Edited by represent
Michaela isn't obsessed about Caleb, yet. But her entire s/l is slowly becoming about him.

I think it's interesting that the writers are clearly postioning Michaela being adopted as the reason for her bond with Caleb. Whether that leads her to be as obsessive as Wes has been with Rebecca remains to be seen.

One of the things I like about the show is that all the characters make stupid or selfish decisions (Did Michaela really need to text Eggs911 back?) And no one is completely innocent. I think that's one of the the themes of the show. So I'm good w/all the characters having flaws.

I do hate seeing Wes and Michaela at odds, as I'd like to see them become friends.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 2

I like Laurel - I think of the five of them, she's the one who is best at keeping a cool/logical head (which may or may not be because she's a sociopath), and she's also kind of been the mediator between the rest of them. She tries to solve conflict. Mostly I like that she isn't totally losing her mind.

I feel a bit bad for her, when she finally learns the truth about Frank.

I enjoyed her dragging Wes to just ask Frank about the money instead of continuing to whisper and Nancy Drew about it.

And did anyone else notice the panning up to what looked to be a camera right outside as Frank was leaving the hospital? Was that a camera?

Yeah, it was a camera. He waited until he was past it to drop his, "you have to save her!" act.

• Love 1

But they're obviously going with her bad, Caleb good (who I'm not into because the actor is bad)

Bad but really really really pretty so I'm good with him.

Laurel has atrociously bad instincts, unless deep down she just really doesn't give a fuck if Frank is a cold-blooded murderer or not.  Then maybe she's spot on.

Maybe Frank is her way to work her daddy issues being that everybody on that show seems to have issues with their parents driving every decision they make. Isn't her father a mafioso of some sort? A I remembering wrong? I have a shitty memory,especially regarding characters I don't care that much about.

• Love 1

Wes has a lot of nerve to think Frank killed Rebecca when he killed Sam by giving him the fatal blow. How easily he overlooks that.

Not only is he guilty of killing someone, he was perfectly willing to let an innocent man go down for his crime. He makes Asher the Douche look like the man of the millennium.

Laurel is still boring.  Laurel and Frank together are also boring.

Not only don't I like them as a couple, I don't like Laurel. I have felt from Season One that her character is completely expendable.

Very rare on TV shows but I think this second season is even better than the first.

This is perhaps the best second season of a show I have ever seen

• Love 1

I even questioned whether Frank hired those people to pretend to be his family

"C'mon in, Kay, meet the family.  This here's my brother Fredo, and my sister Connie, and my brother Tom, and over here, this little squirt is my younger brother Michael.  You can sit here next to him."

...postioning Michaela being adopted as the reason for her bond with Caleb.

Plot twist:  Caleb and Michaela are biological siblings.

Isn't her father a mafioso of some sort?

Her family is wealthy, but it wasn't clearly delineated in S1 where that wealth came from.  It was a rather unfortunate implication because they were Latino.

• Love 2