Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Two Birds, One Millstone

What in the world was up with Catherine in the flash forwards?? I definitely thought she was dead, but how does somebody just wake up like that? Unless she was faking all along? Or Frank (or someone else) drugged her?

I also thought it was weird how Frank appeared to totally lose control at the beginning - it made me suspect he was faking it and sure enough, he walks into the parking garage as calm as anything. I wonder what was up with that.

I thought the mystery adopted boy would end up being Caleb and that Helena would be his bio-mom. I guess not though. He seems super creepy though, and I am quite worried about Oliver. Ollie's death would really help to explain Connor's mental state in the flash forwards.

I wonder where Frank has been keeping Rebecca. The smart thing to do definitely would have been to have his friend bury her body, just like Wes initially suspected.
Annalise is such a good liar that it is quite unnerving. I thought she was pretty convincing with Wes, and I knew full well that she was lying.

Asher thinking he's in on all the secrets was hilarious. I wonder how he will respond to Annalise selling out his father.

The case of the week didn't really hold my interest. I think it would have been more interesting if it wasn't so straightforward - nobody actually went to court, and what the client said happened (she killed him in self defense) seems to be what actually happened.

I laughed very hard at Frank's family. It was such a comical stereotype. It was also funny that Frank pretended to be hurt that Laurel thought he could kill "a girl". Laurel may have been talking about Rebecca, but Frank killed Lila and he's more than capable of killing again.

Edited by secnarf
  • Love 3

I live on the East coast.

I live on the East Coast too and I'm just watching now.

Nate needs to get off his high horse. He was banging Annalise while his wife was dying in the hospital. Fuck him.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 22

I get a showing at 7 and a showing at 10, every Thursday.

I agree that Nate is not innocent in this - he wasn't forced to have an affair - but he didn't sign up for being framed for murder.

Also, in the promos, didn't Annalise say "you're all fired" or "everybody in this room is fired" or something of that nature? I don't recall that happening at all during the episode.

• Love 1

I guess Nate doesn't like cobbler.

I want Frank to be my best friend, because I sure as hell don't want him on my bad side. Why did he kill/not kill the sister?

And OH SHIT to all the parental talk at the end! Who's your momma? Who's your daddy?

And we're all going to jail together!!! How the fuck did Jessup have the boys on his computer??

• Love 1

I believe Frank had Rebecca's body. At least that is what it looked like; the wrinkly decaying hand, and the longer hair. I think it was cut in with the Hapstall woman. But I could be wrong. I'll have to watch again. 

And I am worried about Oliver. I think he is my second favorite character after Frank. 

Edited by ShellsandCheese
  • Love 4

OMG WTF, I thought Catherine was dead and it turns out she's still alive. WTF happened in that house?? At first I thought Frank made his first mistake in carrying Catherine because his clothing fibers could have gotten on Catherine as he was carrying her, but since she's alive I guess it doesn't matter.

Frank's father is always that actor that plays creepy ass characters, so that doesn't instill much for Frank being about his family.

IDK when an attorney tells their client to be quiet and not one word to the police, yet they can't help themselves. It's a reason why an attorney tells you not to say anything. Then again Anni won her case.

Anni does have a point, they're acting like garbage. I highly doubt any of them will have a career in the legal field with the exception of maybe Asher. There may be hope for him. I had to laugh at Asher hoping Anni wasn't referring to him as garbage and he wasn't the one who bad mouth Caleb and Catherine.

If they make Asher a rapist and he took part in the gang rape, I will not like him and will want him to be killed.

Now there's this new character, the son who seems to be a computer whiz and hacked Oliver's computer and recording him and Connor.

Wes has abandoment issues. I wish I could care but Wes gets on my nerves with his obsession.

I finally figured out what Anni and her Keating 5 remind me of. It reminds me of the show House with Hugh Laurie. House would manipulate everyone around him that works for him just like Anni and the Keating 5 are the team that works for House.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 6

The body count on this show!

RIP, Nia. I'm glad we got to see you at least once.

Wow - Nate gave Nia the pills. Didn't see that coming. Annalise's scenes with Nate and Wes were great, but then I love her relationships with both of them.

Annalise made a peach cobbler for Nate! She tries in her way. But do we believe she actually made it*

With his "Annalise can handle this, right?" and "Not me, I'm still good, right?" Asher is now officially in the K5 fold. Before, it was just the K4 whispering and conspiring with Annalise, but now Asher is waiting for her to fix a problem for him and craving her approval. Interesting.

I loved the music they used during the montage of scenes toward the end of the ep.

*I think she did. She's been shown cooking on more than one occasion.

And we're all going to jail together!!! How the fuck did Jessup have the boys on his computer??

I think it's because Ollie hacked into his computer.

I believe Frank had Rebecca's body. At least that is what it looked like; the wrinkly decaying hand, and the longer hair. I think it was cut in with the Hapstall woman. But I could be wrong. I'll have to watch again. 

Yes, first they showed him with Rebecca, and then cut to him with Catherine.

• Love 1
Or Frank (or someone else) drugged her?

My guess, she was drugged and it is likely something that will make her forget what happened the night before so she won't know if she shot Annalise and the DA, which means they are clearly setting her up for it. I noticed there was blood on her pajamas and I'm sure that's there for a reason. 

So Oliver hacked a hacker. I think the secret son might be too obvious as the murderer but this guy having access to Oliver's computer while Oliver thinks he's the one with the access cannot be good, especially for all the illegal shit Oliver does for Annalise. 

Anyone notice there was a different scene in the promo than what was shown in the episode - the promo had Annalise telling everyone they were fired but in the episode she just told them they were garbage after they got themselves caught by Catherine. 

You know, objectively I know what happened to Rebecca is awful but I just find Wes so unbelievably annoying that I just cannot find it in myself to care and want him to just shut the hell up. 

• Love 5

You know, objectively I know what happened to Rebecca is awful but I just find Wes so unbelievably annoying that I just cannot find it in myself to care and want him to just shut the hell up. 

Same here... His obsession is so tedious. 

I loved Michaela's attitude towards Wes this episode. 

• Love 17

I know, I keep having to tell myself that Wes is actually correct in his suspicions. If I didn't know Annalise was lying through her teeth, I'd believe her. But Wes's mommy issues have made him so distrusting, that he doubts her, even though she seemingly is being honest. I just want him to shut the hell up already.

• Love 8

Annalise made a peach cobbler for Nate! She tries in her way. But do we believe she actually made it*

LOL, this show is so damn good, we even question the authenticity of the cobbler.  I can't stop laughing.

OK, so I would qualify myself as technologically challenged, so here goes, how the hell did the aunts son gain access to Oliver's computer? What on earth is going on?

And Frank/Catherine, was it me or did they not show her knocked out in the back seat of his car AFTER he showed up at the hospital faking concern for Anna?

Damn that was cold and haunting the way he just calmly walked out of that hospital. 

So the scene with him placing her down in field/graveyard, had to happen after the hospital scene right? 

I only ask because in real time they showed the scene and it looked like Anna had not yet been shot nor was she even at the mansion yet.

This show has me is such a state that I even questioned whether Frank hired those people to pretend to be his family, LOL, I can't. The whole time I was like is this really his family?

Edited by represent
  • Love 19

I think Frank drugged Catherine and set her up. Given that there was blood on her clothes, that would probably make her a person of interest in the (attempted) murders of Annalise and Sinclair (whose body I don't think has been found yet).

So either the secret cousin is accessing Oliver's computer remotely or Oliver is feeding the conservation to secret cousin. I'm leaning towards the former since I don't Oliver would do such a thing.

I think it's probably true that Annalise doesn't know where Rebecca is. She would make sure Frank wouldn't tell her.  Yes, she knows she's dead, which is a huge lie of omission, but in technical terms, she doesn't know where Rebecca is.

Also Wes is the worst.  You killed someone!  While helping some mopey girl you were in love with after 2 minutes steal something!  Hypocrite!

I hope they don't kill off Oliver.  I like him.  However, if he ever did find out what Conner was really involved in, he'd end it.  I'd rather that happen, actually.

Laurel is still boring.  Laurel and Frank together are also boring.  

• Love 6

So either the secret cousin is accessing Oliver's computer remotely or Oliver is feeding the conservation to secret cousin. I'm leaning towards the former since I don't Oliver would do such a thing.

Maybe he would since no one's hands are clean on this show, why stop with him?

Except, it's hypocrital. She's lusting over her client who is a potential murderer and is probably screwing his sister. She's literally looking like the new Wes right now.

Wes's Rebecca obsession is annoying. But annalise does need to stop emotionally manipulating him. And he surely isn't responsible for Michaela spreading her legs for the first man showing her attention.

I enjoy frank and laurel :shrugs: but I do wish they would dig more into laurel

Idc idc idc the adopted siblings are involved in a romantic relationship and Caleb is getting ready to atleast try to play the crap out of Michaela.

LOL at Anna making a peach cobbler. Her and Wes had a good scene until she ya know started lying like usual.

• Love 1

Obviously Viola is the best actor not only on this show but maybe Planet Earth.  I love when Nate was just laying into her and she looked like a hurt baby!  And I think that either the actor who plays Hot Nate is more talented than I give him credit for or he becomes an even better actor when Viola is around.  Their scenes are hot fire whether he hates her or not!

But guys, guuyyyyyyys, Alfred Enoch who plays Wes is my second favourite actor on the show.  I love him so much!  Seriously he really moves me..... Love him.  

I think Oliver is coming in at 3rd!  He's so nerdy but I don't know what it is about him.... he's so real I guess, while the other characters seem more cartoonish!  He's like the viewer implanted into the series.

There's so much I don't get with this show but I don't pretend.  I hate how that Cousin It reveal happened with three or four characters just talking really fast and expecting the whole audience to understand.  I rewound it three times and added closed captioning and it still doesn't make sense.  Whatever.  

Thank you for the Oprah gif it made me laugh and laugh!  When is it from?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

Obviously Viola is the best actor not only on this show but maybe Planet Earth.  I love when Nate was just laying into her and she looked like a hurt baby!  And I think that either the actor who plays Hot Nate is more talented than I give him credit for or he becomes an even better actor when Viola is around.  Their scenes are hot fire whether he hates her or not!

But guys, guuyyyyyyys, Alfred Enoch who plays Wes is my second favourite actor on the show.  I love him so much!  Seriously he really moves me..... Love him.  

I think Oliver is coming in at 3rd!  He's so nerdy but I don't know what it is about him.... he's so real I guess, while the other characters seem more cartoonish!  He's like the viewer implanted into the series.

There's so much I don't get with this show but I don't pretend.  I hate how that Cousin It reveal happened with three or four characters just talking really fast and expecting the whole audience to understand.  I rewound it three times and added closed captioning and it still doesn't make sense.  Whatever.  

Thank you for the Oprah gif it made me laugh and laugh!  When is it from?

It is from the Kennedy Center Honors 

• Love 1

Wes has a lot of nerve to think Frank killed Rebecca when he killed Sam by giving him the fatal blow. How easily he overlooks that.

A little different scenario, since Wes killed Sam because he was trying to save Rebecca from getting strangled. I'm sure he would have gotten away with self defense since Rebecca likely had bruises on her neck, but then we wouldn't have a show.

I still love Wes but mostly because of the actor, but he needs to get over that ungrateful greasy ex of his.

Laurel and Frank are so freaking hot- how did that happen when they annoyed me last season?

• Love 2

I'm not so sure about self defense because Rebecca and Wes entered his house with the intention of stealing his property. Sam had every right to protect his property at any cost, people do kill intruders and robbers. Now Rebecca died because Bonnie wanted to protect Anni which makes the scenarios a little different but not that much.

I do agree about S2 being great, cause most shows suffer greatly when entering their second season. Revenge was a perfect example of a show being a victim of its success because their 2nd season was abysmal. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 3

Isn't she though? Goodness, she's so bland and boring it's like she's the outsider more than Asher was. Everyone else is exciting and entertaining to look at, Wes is annoying, Asher is a douche, Anni is a manipulator, Frank is the shit handler, Bonnie is a leech, Oliver is adorable, Connor is an emotional wreck, and Michaela can't keep men to save her life plus her friendship with Connor is great. What is Laurel?? All we know is she has a family she can't stand and sexes up Frank, that's it.

• Love 9

Hearing Annalise say, "I made you a peach cobbler," made me laugh and laugh.

I least now I know what the go-to comfort food is for the grieving spouse after the death of a person when you have been having a long-term affair with said spouse.

It would probably help significantly if I cared even a little bit about Rebecca. The only reason I care about her death is that it got her off my screen.

• Love 9

Very rare on TV shows but I think this second season is even better than the first.

I agree and I'm not even sure why. Wes is a paranoid pain in the ass and I'm over his creepy relationship with Annalise. Mikayla is just ridiculous. I want my Type-A smart girl back instead of this Mikayla who just switches between whiny, aggressive (no one needs to fight!!), and freaking out. Laurel bores me. Connor's purpose is Oliver at this point. They are losing me with the flashforwards. Too many bodies and people with no coherency. And yet, even given all of the above, I am even more all in this season than I was last season. It helps my love that Bonnie, Asher, and the Frank/Bonnie/Annalise threesome have gotten a lot more time.

I think meeting Frank's family was supposed to show his feelings for her but I don't see it. I can't with Frank's sensitivity about being called a murderer. Dude is the go to fixer for all things illegal. And a murderer.

Annalise was disturbingly nice but I think she just thought everything had cooled off finally so she was trying to let it all smooth over. Since it led to an actual teaching moment with the K5, I will take it. I feel like the case was the first one in a while to show Annalise in a good light but beyond that, I didn't care. The only moment I cared about with the Hapstalls was Catherine recording the stupid K4.

I can't compare Mikayla's flirtation with Caleb to Wes/Rebecca. Wes forced himself into Rebecca's life and problems then drug all those onto the rest of them. Caleb and Mikayla connected and are now flirting.

Millstone Sr saying he wouldn't protect his wife if it meant selling out his own father hit me as so sadly, delusionally self centered. He really is one of those people who honestly believes that if it protects him, it will protect them too. Asher obviously idolized him and now there isn't one blip on his record, he's showing himself to be a corrupt, awful person, judge and father. Yet it's on Asher.

Last ep they said Trotter Lake had a grand jury investigation. This ep Annalise's case in class was clearly directed at Asher. So are we to take it as that is what happened? If so, my questions are- where are all the other guys involved in this? And if it was dismissed the first time, how can Sinclair blackmail Asher with it? Is this something that Asher can be charged with alone? I don't see any way now Asher didn't do something really bad because for me, rape is that. But considering the number of other really bads done on this show, I'm going to wait and see how it all goes. But show, gang rape...

I think Annalise underestimated how easily Asher will go along with her way as the best way. I think he honestly believed that going forward with the truth would protect Bonnie. Then after Annalise hit him with the video and he said yes, there was no going back. I think that will continue to be a problem. As we saw with Sinclair, Asher is not used to being beholden to anyone else. He pushes back and tries to find his own way. Everyone else in that class should be so grateful they were not chosen to work for Annalise.

I feel like as soon as Asher told her he loved her too, Bonnie started doubting. It's like the idea that Asher could be good to her and love her is just out of her scope so he must be playing them. I suppose Annalise's penance for showing Asher that video without Bonnie's knowledge is throwing Bonnie a good job, he loves you bone.

Bonnie and Asher's conversation in the kitchen was the most genuine conversation I can remember on this show in a very long time. When they were both getting all teary and had no idea what to say I was all in with them. I love that Asher is trying though. He's trying to bring back a little of the weirdness and jokes that make her laugh. And I love, love that Bonnie spoke up against going after Judge Millstone for Asher's sake. She so seldom contradicts Annalise that that's huge to me.

• Love 5

Except, it's hypocrital. She's lusting over her client who is a potential murderer and is probably screwing his sister. She's literally looking like the new Wes right now.

Wes's Rebecca obsession is annoying. But annalise does need to stop emotionally manipulating him. And he surely isn't responsible for Michaela spreading her legs for the first man showing her attention.

I don't think it is hypocritical of her, I've seen nothing in her interactions with Caleb that makes me think she's going to become as obsessed & insufferable as Wes has over Rebecca. Yes they're flirting with each-other a bit, but by this point with Wes had already forged a licence to get into the police station to talk to Rebecca. 

Regardless, I enjoyed it not because of who said it (I would have loved it coming from anyone) but because I feel exactly the same way regarding the Wes & Rebecca thing. 

Wes isn't responsible for Michaela having sex with Levi, but he is responsible for hiding Levi''s true identity from her. Considering that Michaela would most likely have ended her thing with Levi if she knew of his connection to Rebecca, that bit is on Wes - although I don't think he was malicious in hiding it from her, he warned Levi away from Michaela and then was just stupid enough to trust him.  

I think that is why I have such an issue with Wes, it's his stupidity that leads to all these situations. At least if he was manipulative or a cold-blooded killer or a sociopath it would give him some interesting layers, instead he's just stupid which is boring. 

• Love 4

I liked the Bonnie/Asher relationship because it was one thing in Bonnie's life that made her happy but I don't see how they're going to come back from making Asher involved in rape. Pairing them up just seems incredibly gross after what we've learned about both of their backstories. That we only have 2 more episodes before they're on friendly terms again in the flashforward doesn't exactly increase my faith in the writers handling this storyline well.

• Love 2

Where to start, you all have covered so much ground:

Annalise is such a good liar that it is quite unnerving. I thought she was pretty convincing with Wes, and I knew full well that she was lying.

She was lying, but a lot was grounded in truth.  She could emphatically state that she didn't kill Rebecca (truth) and didn't know where she was (truth, I assume only Frank knows precisely where).  Now, of course those truths belie the ultimate fact that she knows precisely what happened to Rebecca and how it was handled, but in some ways, she wasn't technically lying to Wes on the big point. And speaking of that scene, I thought they were either going to screw or she was going to say she was his mother.  That I can have both of those thoughts simultaneously pretty much creeps me out.

I guess Nate doesn't like cobbler.

Hee!!!  For the record, I noted that the cobbler dish was not outside the door when she returned with the next dish.  I'm assuming the second was a casserole:)

Bonnie and Asher's conversation in the kitchen was the most genuine conversation I can remember on this show in a very long time.

And yet, they were both still lying to each other.  Ironically, though, each may be the least culpable of crimes to this point (although I'll need to hear a bit more about Trotter Lake).

There's so much I don't get with this show but I don't pretend.

That's so true!  I had so many questions after the show, but I realized we won't get the answers until the end (or until the midseason finale), so I could only let my head spin for a bit and wait until next week.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 3

I don't think Michaela is anything like Wes. So far all she's doing is responding to being flirted with. Unlike Wes she isn't forcing herself on Caleb and shoehorning herself into his personal life.

If Michaela were anything like Wes, she wouldn't be making doe eyes at Caleb... she'd still be whining about Levi, all up in the police station trying to see Levi, making every conversation about Levi, harassing everyone else because "why don't you care about Levi?", and by now Levi would have been their client because, lest we forget, the only reason Rebecca was ever their client was because Wes kept holding his breath and throwing tantrums until Annalise gave in and took on Rebecca's useless, trifling, lying, thieving, STUPID ass. The difference is Michaela is smart enough to see Levi as bad news and actually stay the hell away from him. Rebecca was shitty to everyone she came into contact with, INCLUDING Wes, but yet Wes very early on dedicated his life to Rebecca and is angry that everyone else isn't doing the same. Has he even tried to help that poor guy that Rebecca set up get out of the psych ward? No? Ok.

He had the GALL to tell Annalise "my mother was nothing like you, she would do anything for me." Wes, you killed a man...are you in jail? Are you even a suspect? Remember why? Then SHUT THE HELL UP. If it turns out that it's Wes who shot Annalise over Rebecca's musty ass....RAGE.

Wes has a lot of nerve to think Frank killed Rebecca when he killed Sam by giving him the fatal blow. How easily he overlooks that.

You see the difference is Wes killed someone In Defense Of Saint Rebecca, so he has already dismissed this. Anything done In Defense Of Saint Rebecca is permitted. No one else matters. Literally no one.

Nate needs to get off his high horse. He was banging Annalise while his wife was dying in the hospital. Fuck him.

THANK YOU. Not sure where all this self righteousness is coming from and why Annalise stood there and took it. He's concerned about all the time he lost with his wife while he was in jail, which I get, but wasn't he throwing away his time with her all the times he was screwing Annalise when he could have been at Nia's bedside? When he had the nerve to tell Annalise "no one will ever love you like I loved her" I was like oh, WORD? Nia was 'lucky' to have your cheating ass who couldn't wait until she was dead to start sexing another woman? Nate, have a seat, take this L and keep it with you at all times.

Edited by LaJefaza
  • Love 18

One thing I forgot to ask above, in the previous episode, did Annalise give Nate the pills she had originally got when Nate's wife asked her to help her die?  I think she did.  If so, here we go again...perhaps in a season 3 plot....the mistress kills the wife...

Edited by pennben

This episode was something else. I really hope that they're not going to go there with Asher as a character. If they do, there's no coming back for that.

I'm a bit worried about Oliver know. I knew there was going to be a downside to his hacking but I really hope that both him and Connor aren't in any potential danger but given that they're being watched, they clearly are.

I like that everyone is getting sick of Wes's Rebecca obsession and I loved Michaela being the most vocal about it as well. I also like the thing with her and Caleb, even if it won't end well though.

Frank thought Catherine was dead but she turned out to be alive was a great twist. Him and Laurel are sort of boring me though.

While Sinclair might have points on certain things, she's really annoying to watch and seemed to take a great deal of pleasure in telling Bonnie about Asher as well.

I liked the case of the week as well, 8/10

• Love 1