Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Cheryl Marie

Mariah Brown: The Only Planet I'm Applying to is Westminster College

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Mariah’s latest paper on restorative justice is on her website for those who mentioned earlier they wanted to read it https://www.mariahlianbrown.com/justice

Man, is that a B paper or what?  Back in my day that would have been more like a C+, but wanna bet that would qualify for an A today?  I could get shitfaced drunk if I downed a gulp every time the phrase "restorative justice" appears when a pronoun would have been more appropriate and less redundant.  I guess it's tough padding these things out to 5 pages, huh, Mariah?  And this is the subject she's majoring in?  It sounds like she's just summarizing and rewording the textbooks and has no special enthusiasm for the subject (or any personal connection with it AT ALL).  The writing style is very dry and detached.  I could read a few websites the night before and come up with something ten times better half asleep and not giving 2 f**ks....  And she only cites 2 sources, both by the same author?  Don't get me started.....Of course doing more research would involve taking time away from fake yoga poses, lattes and ginormous carb. fest brunches.....Arrrgghhh!!!! 😖

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 12
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Mariah’s latest paper on restorative justice is on her website for those who mentioned earlier they wanted to read it https://www.mariahlianbrown.com/justice

Also a new unflattering photo:

9D7E904A-7B08-4FFA-81F6-C9980B877F67.thumb.jpeg.5e61c15511f3c86f65321bb5ebfe2b30.jpeg

This is a very impressive pose. I tried it one time and fellover, knocking over the row of people next to me. Down we came like dominoes. I have to give Mariah kudos for her yoga.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, neh said:

This is a very impressive pose. I tried it one time and fellover, knocking over the row of people next to me. Down we came like dominoes. I have to give Mariah kudos for her yoga.

This one is tougher than it looks. I do something similar during long runs when my hips become too tight—it can get a bit wobbly with nothing to hold on to for balance. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I think when one writes a paper, anyone should be able to read it, without questioning wtf the assignment was.
Similar to a 3rd grader who is asked to write a couple of sentences answering a question. Referencing the question in the answer is required.

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Man, is that a B paper or what?  Back in my day that would have been more like a C+, but wanna bet that would qualify for an A today? 

It was what I call a Polly Parrot paper.  It's simply a summary of the texts.  We have a pay for degree "university" here and her paper is the kind of thing they accept merrily there.  No thought required.  

  • Like 4
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Man, is that a B paper or what?  Back in my day that would have been more like a C+, but wanna bet that would qualify for an A today?  I could get shitfaced drunk if I downed a gulp every time the phrase "restorative justice" appears when a pronoun would have been more appropriate and less redundant.  I guess it's tough padding these things out to 5 pages, huh, Mariah?  And this is the subject she's majoring in?  It sounds like she's just summarizing and rewording the textbooks and has no special enthusiasm for the subject (or any personal connection with it AT ALL).  The writing style is very dry and detached.  I could read a few websites the night before and come up with something ten times better half asleep and not giving 2 f**ks....  And she only cites 2 sources, both by the same author?  Don't get me started.....Of course doing more research would involve taking time away from fake yoga poses, lattes and ginormous carb. fest brunches.....Arrrgghhh!!!! 😖

Yeah, even as a 24-year-old TA (just like 5 years ago), I wanted to grade the students more harshly in my academic writing courses. The professors, across the board, did as well. The administration literally didn't allow it. It's incredibly frustrating. Things I thought deserved Cs got Bs. Bs got As. A fail turned into a C-, a D, or a request to repeat the course. You get it.

Part of it is just the tuition; when you're paying $50-70,000 a year for something, yeah, it's really hard to justify failing somebody and putting them into debt. They basically become customers rather than students, and it's hard to argue that they shouldn't be when they're coughing up that much money. Of course, that also meant that, as instructors, we felt more like waiters or customer service associates than actual teachers. The whole thing has gotten very ridiculous. 

I have to say that, because PhD programs don't generally cost anything (the students are still funded by most universities), and you actually get paid to do them, they choose the students more carefully. I didn't experience any of that in my PhD (plus, grades don't really matter there, just your actual work), but I noticed it in my first master's program. Far less rigorous, and it all really felt like just a means of getting our money.

Social work master's programs like Mariah's are notorious for this. Not bashing social work students at all- just saying that people who really shouldn't get in sometimes do because they want that cash, and the teachers and other students suffer for it. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Man, is that a B paper or what?  Back in my day that would have been more like a C+, but wanna bet that would qualify for an A today?  I could get shitfaced drunk if I downed a gulp every time the phrase "restorative justice" appears when a pronoun would have been more appropriate and less redundant.  I guess it's tough padding these things out to 5 pages, huh, Mariah?  And this is the subject she's majoring in?  It sounds like she's just summarizing and rewording the textbooks and has no special enthusiasm for the subject (or any personal connection with it AT ALL).  The writing style is very dry and detached.  I could read a few websites the night before and come up with something ten times better half asleep and not giving 2 f**ks....  And she only cites 2 sources, both by the same author?  Don't get me started.....Of course doing more research would involve taking time away from fake yoga poses, lattes and ginormous carb. fest brunches.....Arrrgghhh!!!! 😖

My grammar and writing skills were never good.  But remember the few I wrote and the teacher writing in red all the mistakes I made.    Her paper looked about the same.  

7 hours ago, Absolom said:

It

8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I think when one writes a paper, anyone should be able to read it, without questioning wtf the assignment was.
Similar to a 3rd grader who is asked to write a couple of sentences answering a question. Referencing the question in the answer is required.

was what I call a Polly Parrot paper.  It's simply a summary of the texts.  We have a pay for degree "university" here and her paper is the kind of thing they accept merrily there.  No thought required.  

This was what the teacher told me.  I know what the original writer thought, I need your views on it.

I agree Ginger90, it was really hard to understand just what point she was trying to get across.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, neh said:

This is a very impressive pose. I tried it one time and fellover, knocking over the row of people next to me. Down we came like dominoes. I have to give Mariah kudos for her yoga.

21 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

This one is tougher than it looks. I do something similar during long runs when my hips become too tight—it can get a bit wobbly with nothing to hold on to for balance. 

I really hope this doesn’t come across offensive to anyone, this is purely and only aimed at Mariah - I’m in my 30’s, I’ve never attempted yoga in my life; just tried this and nailed it easily. Unless there’s more to it that isn’t pictured, I’d say for her young limber age and supposed fitness level, it’s not that challenging or impressive. You do need semi-strong leg muscles and a sturdy core to achieve balance (along with some flexibility) to pull off the move, but I refuse to think she’s especially talented or a yoga extraordinaire, as anyone with youth on their side, who works out occasionally, should be able to nail this move fairly quickly (now if she was 50+ plus I may be somewhat impressed 😉).

Edited by Sofa Sloth · Reason: Grammar and spellingk
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I really hope this doesn’t come across offensive to anyone, this is purely and only aimed at Mariah, but I’m in my 30’s I’ve never attempted yoga in my life, just tried this and nailed it easily. Unless there’s more to it that isn’t pictured, I’d say for her young limber age and supposed fitness level, it’s not challenging or impressive, you do need semi-strong calves and quads and a sturdy core to achieve balance along with some flexibility, but I refuse to think she’s especially talented or a yoga extraordinaire, as anyone with youth on their side, who works out occasionally, should be able to nail this move fairly quickly (if she was 50+ plus I may be somewhat impressed 😉

I'm 50+ and I can do that pose. It's basically a modified chair pose, except she appears to be unable to "sit" very far down - I don't do yoga very often but the idea is to be in a "sitting" position with your thighs as close to parallel as possible.  Balance is attained by tightening the core muscles and focusing on a point in front of you.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

50+ here and I frequently do this pose in yoga classes, except both arms are usually raised overhead (more challenging that way) and the squat is deeper.  Not sure what she's doing here.  Maybe she thought this pic made her appear the most woke or showed her tats the best, who knows.  With this family, I often look at their photos and am like, was this seriously the one you chose to post?  Really??

Looks like she's posing in a park gazebo in her neighborhood.  Man, if this doesn't call for a good hose soaking, I don't know what does.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

I do have to say it's good that Mariah is paying attention to her health somewhat. Almost everyone in her family struggles with their weight, and it's good that she appears to at least be thinking about what she eats and taking the initiative to get into something like yoga. She might not have a perfect body and she might not be incredibly brilliant or something, but she's trying to be healthier and get an education, as is Logan.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

While I do agree with @Lm2162, I feel like Mariah is doing the yoga, the SoulCycle, the vegan hot dogs, etc., not so much to be healthy but to get attention from people she wants to impress, or to get free stuff.  She fancies herself one way but presents another way.  She claims to be a yoga teacher but I don't think we've seen any actual teaching.  She seems to eat out a lot, and most of the food pics she posts are not exactly healthy.  She crafts what she thinks are pictures of her oh-so-busy lifestyle - the coffee, the laptop, the planner - but to me, it all rings a bit false.  She's a lot like Janelle and Strive - they both think they are saying the right things, and posting pictures to back up those things, but I don't see how either of them are living what they preach.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm 50+ and I can do that pose. It's basically a modified chair pose, except she appears to be unable to "sit" very far down - I don't do yoga very often but the idea is to be in a "sitting" position with your thighs as close to parallel as possible.  Balance is attained by tightening the core muscles and focusing on a point in front of you.

I never could never manage this pose easily during cross training no matter how hard I tried, strong core and all. 

Guess I’ll stick to running:). 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Absolom said:

It was what I call a Polly Parrot paper.  It's simply a summary of the texts.  We have a pay for degree "university" here and her paper is the kind of thing they accept merrily there.  No thought required.  

Aren't they all pay for a degree now? Grad school is for everyone now. It's like high school from the 80s but easier.

Edited by Higgins
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

While I do agree with @Lm2162, I feel like Mariah is doing the yoga, the SoulCycle, the vegan hot dogs, etc., not so much to be healthy but to get attention from people she wants to impress, or to get free stuff.  She fancies herself one way but presents another way.  She claims to be a yoga teacher but I don't think we've seen any actual teaching.  She seems to eat out a lot, and most of the food pics she posts are not exactly healthy.  She crafts what she thinks are pictures of her oh-so-busy lifestyle - the coffee, the laptop, the planner - but to me, it all rings a bit false.  She's a lot like Janelle and Strive - they both think they are saying the right things, and posting pictures to back up those things, but I don't see how either of them are living what they preach.

I agree that I don't think Mariah is as justice-oriented or as sincere as she claims, but she certainly seems to have slimmed down to me. Janelle doesn't look any smaller at all to me, she looks bigger than before. Mariah was quite large at one time, now she looks a much more normal level of plus-size. She should still lose some weight IMO since she's so young and needs to get healthy early on, and she might exaggerate how "into wellness" she is, but she looks like she's lost at least 20-25 pounds to me and toned up a bit.

Is she a fitness guru, no, but I've never really understood criticizing people with large followings from making money off of Instagram- if someone was willing to throw money at me to promote products just because my parents were TV polygamists and I sometimes did yoga and went to school, hell YEAH I'd post photos of my brunch and coffee and butt or whatever eight times a day. Maybe it's because I'm a millennial, but I don't think that's narcissistic as much as it'd just be financially foolish not to leverage that possibility when you have student debt and a wedding coming up and an apartment in Chicago to pay for. Someone with a following that big makes $400-500 per promotion post.

And she just posted recently that she teaches yoga every Sunday morning at a local studio (and named it). The whole "run to Bali and learn to do yoga" thing is pretty cliche, but she does appear to actually do it. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

Is she a fitness guru, no, but I've never really understood criticizing people with large followings from making money off of Instagram- if someone was willing to throw money at me to promote products just because my parents were TV polygamists and I sometimes did yoga and went to school, hell YEAH I'd post photos of my brunch and coffee and butt or whatever eight times a day. Maybe it's because I'm a millennial, but I don't think that's narcissistic as much as it'd just be financially foolish not to leverage that possibility when you have student debt and a wedding coming up and an apartment in Chicago to pay for. Someone with a following that big makes $400-500 per promotion post.

This paragraph is fascinating - from a milennial to a COL!  I'm 100% serious, I love this kind of insight.

If I put myself in the shoes of someone like Mariah, would I also be happy to cash a check simply by posting a photo of myself slurping a latte or doing down-dog in an empty subway terminal?  I probably would.  I think the old-school part of my brain is trying to work out WHY these kinds of posts are so prevalent, and also - do businesses really make extra money by having a Z-list celeb like Mariah Brown posting about where she ate her last stack of pancakes?  I know she has lots of followers, but are these followers likely to give those businesses their hard-earned money because they looked at a picture of Mariah's cheesy grin at the vegan hot dog shop?  That's where I struggle to understand.

I also think that I'm filtering this under "Brown Family Grifting."  Having watched this show from the beginning and knowing how many times this family has lied or bent the truth to fit their narrative, I personally wouldn't buy anything anyone in this family was selling (although to be fair, I guess I am "buying" their tv show because I can't quit these snarktastic threads, so......yeah).  I just find it unreal that someone is giving Mariah money just to mention their business or product.  I can't believe she has that much pull.  Kim Kardashian?  Yes.  Mariah Brown?  Nope.

Also, what do milennials have against top sheets?  Both my kids sleep on the fitted sheet and wad up the top sheet and throw it on the floor.  Kids these days.  Good thing my new hose attachment is on the way.  😉  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I do have to say it's good that Mariah is paying attention to her health somewhat.

Not seeing that at all.  She routinely posts pictures of sugar and fat laden dishes (avocado toast, stacks of pancakes, coffee cake, 6 serving egg dishes) that are the antithesis of healthy foods.  She talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.  

And since she posts every living thing she does, I would bet dollars to donuts that the whole "yoga class" gig has been a total bust. IF she had a following or anyone had even shown up at a class she'd be posting all about her adoring students.  But crickets from the very first announcement about classes.  Again, she's all talk, no action.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/19/2019 at 7:05 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

Mariah’s latest paper on restorative justice is on her website for those who mentioned earlier they wanted to read it https://www.mariahlianbrown.com/justice

Also a new unflattering photo:

9D7E904A-7B08-4FFA-81F6-C9980B877F67.thumb.jpeg.5e61c15511f3c86f65321bb5ebfe2b30.jpeg

She wanted Eat. Pray. Love but it was already taken?  

I fall onto the side of not pretending to be gay.  I think she is a lot like her dad.  HE IS A POLYGAMIST!  Isn't he special?  He does things differently.  He has*4* wives!  He has 5 million children!  She is the most gay person ever!  Can't be just a lesbian or a man married to multiple women, they are THE MOST UNIQUE!  They both think they are trailblazers yet they are both walking a well worn path from those before them.  They just don't see it.  Narcissists. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

And since she posts every living thing she does, I would bet dollars to donuts that the whole "yoga class" gig has been a total bust. IF she had a following or anyone had even shown up at a class she'd be posting all about her adoring students.  But crickets from the very first announcement about classes.  Again, she's all talk, no action.

Good point....she'd be all over that room, making her students hold a difficult pose for minutes at a time while she ran around snapping pics to show us how popular her classes are.  No way would she be actually teaching yoga classes without the photographic proof.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I really hope this doesn’t come across offensive to anyone, this is purely and only aimed at Mariah - I’m in my 30’s, I’ve never attempted yoga in my life; just tried this and nailed it easily. Unless there’s more to it that isn’t pictured, I’d say for her young limber age and supposed fitness level, it’s not that challenging or impressive. You do need semi-strong leg muscles and a sturdy core to achieve balance (along with some flexibility) to pull off the move, but I refuse to think she’s especially talented or a yoga extraordinaire, as anyone with youth on their side, who works out occasionally, should be able to nail this move fairly quickly (now if she was 50+ plus I may be somewhat impressed 😉).

Well, be impressed as I just did it, and I am pushing 66 with no yoga training.  I do a lot of working out with weight machines, however, so there's that. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

15 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I’m in my 30’s, I’ve never attempted yoga in my life; just tried this and nailed it easily. 

59 with a spinal fusion, two herniated disks, constant back pain and a recent 20-pound weight gain from meds. Nailed it (and held it for a bit).

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Also, what do milennials have against top sheets?  Both my kids sleep on the fitted sheet and wad up the top sheet and throw it on the floor.  Kids these days.  Good thing my new hose attachment is on the way.  😉  

Ha!  I'll be 50 in December (ugh), and I hate the top sheet!  Or flat sheet, as we call it in my neck of the woods.  😝

I'm a fitted sheet and comforter kind of gal.  The flat sheet is superfluous and unstable.  it gets too twisty and messy at times.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Mid-60's here.  Nailed it.  On the second try.

Yeah, Mariah doesn't impress me as the class leader/instructor type.  Not at all.

I wasn't up to reading her (probably) regurgitated drivel, otherwise known as a class paper.  Or whatever is going to lead to her most certain degree in whatever wokey thingk she's going for.  Social work?  Well, hopefully that won't screw up her clients as badly as her original plan of being a doctor, with SISTER WIVES!  Like she said, early on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I only did probably as well as Mariah with the pose.  But I didn't go across the world to train, and I also don't present myself and some benevolent yogi who offers classes to the masses on Sunday mornings.

I wonder how long she was able to hold the pose.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Also, what do milennials have against top sheets?  Both my kids sleep on the fitted sheet and wad up the top sheet and throw it on the floor.  Kids these days.  Good thing my new hose attachment is on the way.  😉  

They claim to care about the environment, but instead of a thin top sheet thrown in with the rest of the wash, they have to wash the blanket, duvet or bedspread instead as a separate load.  Mother Earth is a COL and mad.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry Mariah, I won't be able to take anything you have to say seriously when you post your intentions for open dialogue while mooning your neighbors. WTH?

  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post

Hand me that hose!!!  As much as I have come to dislike the expression "speak truth to power" it makes 100x more sense than "speak truth to justice."   Also she seems a bit late to be jumping on these bandwagons.

She's just so full of herself.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

What will she do when HER truth differs from those responding?

They get instantly blocked.  She isn't interested in anyone except herself. 

Her truth consists entirely of me, me, me followed by an endless string of insipid platitudes meaning absolutely nothing.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

"Universal truths" translates to "whatever Princess Pudge sees as true".  So don't bother to contradict her or you'll be instantly blocked leaving only the sycophants able to post.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

O Wise One, Mariah, I wait with baited breath to learn at your knee the wisdom of the ages and the truths you choose to share with us, great yoga guru~  I await your teachings on social justice and the equality of all FOLXS~  We have been waiting for one such as you!   🙏

  • Laugh 20

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/20/2019 at 4:31 PM, Lm2162 said:

Yeah, even as a 24-year-old TA (just like 5 years ago), I wanted to grade the students more harshly in my academic writing courses. The professors, across the board, did as well. The administration literally didn't allow it. It's incredibly frustrating. Things I thought deserved Cs got Bs. Bs got As. A fail turned into a C-, a D, or a request to repeat the course. You get it.

Part of it is just the tuition; when you're paying $50-70,000 a year for something, yeah, it's really hard to justify failing somebody and putting them into debt. They basically become customers rather than students, and it's hard to argue that they shouldn't be when they're coughing up that much money. Of course, that also meant that, as instructors, we felt more like waiters or customer service associates than actual teachers. The whole thing has gotten very ridiculous. 

I have to say that, because PhD programs don't generally cost anything (the students are still funded by most universities), and you actually get paid to do them, they choose the students more carefully. I didn't experience any of that in my PhD (plus, grades don't really matter there, just your actual work), but I noticed it in my first master's program. Far less rigorous, and it all really felt like just a means of getting our money.

Social work master's programs like Mariah's are notorious for this. Not bashing social work students at all- just saying that people who really shouldn't get in sometimes do because they want that cash, and the teachers and other students suffer for it. 

This is all very, very sad.  30 years ago it wasn't like this at all.  At my university you toed the line or got told to drop out.  Of course they had more than enough people applying to get in so they didn't have to be so focused on money.  But I agree, from what I have heard, universities are acting more like private companies these days.

14 hours ago, Higgins said:

Aren't they all pay for a degree now? Grad school is for everyone now. It's like high school from the 80s but easier.

I know, and judging from the quality of that paper, it IS like high school but easier.  I had heard it was getting that bad but to finally see some proof is still shocking.

15 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I do have to say it's good that Mariah is paying attention to her health somewhat. Almost everyone in her family struggles with their weight, and it's good that she appears to at least be thinking about what she eats and taking the initiative to get into something like yoga. She might not have a perfect body and she might not be incredibly brilliant or something, but she's trying to be healthier and get an education, as is Logan.

I'm with @Kohola3 on this.  Mariah can put on the appearance of trying to be healthier all she wants but judging from the looks of her, plus the abominable brunches she posts, she's JUST NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH.  And BTW, if you look at both her parents, neither one of them was anywhere NEAR as heavy or bloated as she is at her age.  Her mother's weight issues started much later in life, which is often the case when some women get into their 40s.  With all the  exercise we're supposed to believe Mariah does she should be a freaking size 2 by now.  I'm just not buying it, sorry.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

And what better picture to use alongside the serious topics of racism, equality and bigotry; then a narcissistic shot of Miss white-privilege-personified herself, in her $200+ Lululemon yoga gear, with her butt in the air, while everyone else is busy working and contributing to society?

+++++++++++100.  

Mariah learned her ways at the feet of her egomaniac father and professional victim mother.  I don't think there's any hope for her, and anyone who gets into a relationship with Princess Snowflake is going to have to be very comfortable taking a backseat to her perceived persecution.  Get out, Audge.  Mariah cannot possibly love you more than she loves herself.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

They get instantly blocked.  She isn't interested in anyone except herself. 

Her truth consists entirely of me, me, me followed by an endless string of insipid platitudes meaning absolutely nothing.

They will not only be blocked, but she will refer to them as haters.  Then there will be snide comments about being "on the right side of history.'

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Ready?

2A1EE69E-32FF-47A1-85FD-4978DE55B4D9.jpeg

6C030E49-B3DF-4E10-9193-433D54EF5FF6.jpeg

1D9E01B9-F0DF-40FA-A24A-24152BA9F620.jpeg

Here is the problem with truth-there are many different kinds.  I'm not talking about fake news or any of that blah, blah, blah.  What I'm referring to are ideas ,perceptions and reactions to events and experiences.  1+ 1 = 2 and that's a fact.  

Three different people might experience the same event and react three different ways.  Are they wrong? No.  Just three different people with three life experiences.  

So Mariah can just take several seats over I speak the truth bullshit.  Everyone sees the truth through their own lens and she needs to remember that.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Fosca said:

I'm a college professor teaching first- and second-year undergraduates, and I plan on grading her paper as soon as I finish all the papers I'm getting paid to grade.  From the first paragraph, I can tell it's gonna be ugly.

Also, I have the flexibility of driftwood plus a good-size belly, and I can do that mooning pose just fine. 

From the first sentence I knew it would be ugly.  Pour yourself a nice glass of wine (perhaps a red to go with the red pencil you will be using) before you begin.  Her usage of commas is a bit random at times.   I was tempted to print it out and edit it, but I need to organize my sock drawer.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size