Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, LilyD said:

With a little hesitation and after some deliberation I have decided to put the following up for discussion: 

Are more people worried about Mariah and Audrey's health? I have absolutely no intention to fat-shame or hurt someone, but the huge weight gain in such a short time with these young people is shocking. I am primarily thinking in the direction of health issues that inevitably arise with such weight gain. Mariah has always had a slightly fuller figure but she looked good and healthy with it. But the way they're looking now is definitely obese, if not morbide obese. Could there be an underlying health issue? I'm thinking a little in this direction as I find neither looking terribly healthy nowadays with their very pale complexion and blotched (for lack of a better word) skin.

I cannot rule out a massive stress factor out either. Stress is a huge cause for weight gain and I am sure that Audrey identifying as non-binary and figuring out which way to go is not always easy for either of them. And Mariah is a very experienced complainer/stressful person etc as we all know.

I recognize your hesitancy to broach this topic and I have noticed the weight gain in both also. 

I don't think they are deliberately putting on weight but at the same time, they seem to have chosen to let the pounds fall where they may.   In Mariah's instance it may be a way for them to thumb their nose at society's image of what an "ideal" body type is and for Audrey, it may be the consequence of hormonal medication they have alluded to receiving.

I hope my paragraph makes sense while I am trying hard to use the "correct" pronouns.

Edited by Sandy W
spellink
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, LilyD said:

With a little hesitation and after some deliberation I have decided to put the following up for discussion: 

Are more people worried about Mariah and Audrey's health? I have absolutely no intention to fat-shame or hurt someone, but the huge weight gain in such a short time with these young people is shocking. I am primarily thinking in the direction of health issues that inevitably arise with such weight gain. Mariah has always had a slightly fuller figure but she looked good and healthy with it. But the way they're looking now is definitely obese, if not morbide obese. Could there be an underlying health issue? I'm thinking a little in this direction as I find neither looking terribly healthy nowadays with their very pale complexion and blotched (for lack of a better word) skin.

I cannot rule out a massive stress factor out either. Stress is a huge cause for weight gain and I am sure that Audrey identifying as non-binary and figuring out which way to go is not always easy for either of them. And Mariah is a very experienced complainer/stressful person etc as we all know.

To be blunt, excluding any underlying issues, I suspect it’s a crap diet and lack of exercise (stress certainly can be a contributing factor).  But even with underlying issues, it’s possible to maintain a healthy weight, it just takes more work.

I find it somewhat perplexing that Mariah, for all her gloating over being in Bali and living the yoga lifestyle, is so unhealthy looking. Not implying one must be skinny to be a yogi, but Mariah looks really overweight and unfit. To take it a step further, I think she was a fraud all along when it came to becoming a yoga instructor. Mariah wanted the title, but as soon as she left Bali she went back to being her old self. She tried to get yoga classes going, but not many people were interested. Haven’t heard anything yoga-related from Mariah in a very long time. 

As for Audrey, 🤷🏽‍♀️. Maybe Audrey and Mariah enable each other when it comes to poor diet, which can happen with couples. Both do seem quite hefty for being so young and have been for a long time. 

• Love 11

I think back to their Chicago days when they frequently posted photos of 5000 calorie diets t the favorite haunts.  Seem like, most of the postings except for yoga shots, were at restaurants.

• Love 11

Are more people worried about Mariah and Audrey's health? I have absolutely no intention to fat-shame or hurt someone, but the huge weight gain in such a short time with these young people is shocking. 

My first year after college, I gained over 30 pounds. If they are working jobs where they're not moving around a lot and the places they work offer lots of free food (as many places these days do), that could explain the weight gain. In college, you have lots of free time and you're walking many places. In Chicago, they may have been walking everywhere. If they are driving everywhere now and snacking during the day, that could explain the rapid weight gain. It happens to a lot of people after college. 

But also, Mariah appears to have given up on appearances completely. I really wonder if Mariah is depressed. Audrey at least appears to be grooming, even if they did gain some weight.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
50 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

I think back to their Chicago days when they frequently posted photos of 5000 calorie diets t the favorite haunts.  Seem like, most of the postings except for yoga shots, were at restaurants.

Remember those two entree breakfasts and sugary drinks?

• Love 9

I remember pictures of avocado toast.  Out of the four fruits that masquerade as vegetables, I only like one:  cucumbers.  So I don't get the avocado/guacamole thing that is popular.

Audrey seems far nicer IMO than Mariah.  Hopefully some of their pleasantness has modified Mariah's unpleasantness to a more acceptable level.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I agree, I think they both probably put on some Covid pounds, and they never seemed to post very healthy foods.  Audrey’s might also be due to whatever medication/hormones Audrey is on.  Mariah’s might also be her genes, Meri’s pretty hefty, so if you add in the crappy diet and pandemic pounds, it might explain the weight gain.  Also, if Mariah is working an actual job now she might not have time to roll around doing “yoga” videos, so maybe she’s more sedentary.

She always seemed chunky or whatever you might call a sturdier frame even at her thinnest.  She might have been eating less back when she was dealing with all the catfish nonsense and not being out too.  I don’t know if she eats more or less when she’s stressed.  I at least appreciate she’s not shilling Plexus claiming it’s curbing her cravings. Either way I don’t really care if they are fat, thin,or in between but Mariah looks like she’s 45, now I’m not sure if that is weight gain or just an odd combination of facial features from Meri and Kody.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I agree, I think they both probably put on some Covid pounds, and they never seemed to post very healthy foods.  Audrey’s might also be due to whatever medication/hormones Audrey is on.  Mariah’s might also be her genes, Meri’s pretty hefty, so if you add in the crappy diet and pandemic pounds, it might explain the weight gain.  Also, if Mariah is working an actual job now she might not have time to roll around doing “yoga” videos, so maybe she’s more sedentary.

She always seemed chunky or whatever you might call a sturdier frame even at her thinnest.  She might have been eating less back when she was dealing with all the catfish nonsense and not being out too.  I don’t know if she eats more or less when she’s stressed.  I at least appreciate she’s not shilling Plexus claiming it’s curbing her cravings. Either way I don’t really care if they are fat, thin,or in between but Mariah looks like she’s 45, now I’m not sure if that is weight gain or just an odd combination of facial features from Meri and Kody.

I’ve been thinking this for years. That black hair she’s been sporting really ages her, and probably weight gain too. She looks like a frumpy middle aged woman who completely gave up trying, except for that black box dye.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 3/27/2022 at 8:57 AM, TurtlePower said:

Meri and her filtering!!! Why doesn’t she just go to a plastic surgeon or a dermatologist so she actually looks like that? And she could get gastric bypass while she’s at it so she can stop using skinny filters and actually BE thin. 

Think of the time she would save!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Do any of you watch I Am Jazz?  It’s on TLC and there’s a forum for it around here. It captures the journey of a trans woman Jazz, as she and her family contend with establishing herself into the life of being trans in this country, Bottom surgery, advocating LGBTQ rights and getting into Harvard.  It began when Jazz was just a teen and has sort of run its course. I’m wondering if there could be a TLC series in the works for Audrey and Mariah!!!   I mean, the premise does have potential. Just saying…….lol.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Do any of you watch I Am Jazz?  It’s on TLC and there’s a forum for it around here. It captures the journey of a trans woman Jazz, as she and her family contend with establishing herself into the life of being trans in this country, Bottom surgery, advocating LGBTQ rights and getting into Harvard.  It began when Jazz was just a teen and has sort of run its course. I’m wondering if there could be a TLC series in the works for Audrey and Mariah!!!   I mean, the premise does have potential. Just saying…….lol.  

I saw bits of Jazz's show a few years ago. It's not the type of show I'm interested in, but I remember her positive vibe and see how she can be a great role model for other transgender teens and adults. Unlike Mariah, who is the total opposite of her in every single way.

Let's hope the TLC crew doing the SW filming have seen enough of Mariah to make a mad run for the door if anyone in the big office is ever going to suggest this! I bet she's a huge nightmare to work with. And don't forget Meri, who no doubt is going to worm herself in. I doubt there's going to be much fun in such a show: Two whining people who know better than anyone else in this universe who are going to lecture us on how to lead our lives and on how to treat other people. No thank you... 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

I saw bits of Jazz's show a few years ago. It's not the type of show I'm interested in, but I remember her positive vibe and see how she can be a great role model for other transgender teens and adults. Unlike Mariah, who is the total opposite of her in every single way.

Let's hope the TLC crew doing the SW filming have seen enough of Mariah to make a mad run for the door if anyone in the big office is ever going to suggest this! I bet she's a huge nightmare to work with. And don't forget Meri, who no doubt is going to worm herself in. I doubt there's going to be much fun in such a show: Two whining people who know better than anyone else in this universe who are going to lecture us on how to lead our lives and on how to treat other people. No thank you... 

Haven’t seen it in a while but I also got good vibes from her. She seems authentic and shares her true struggles.

I don’t see Mariah and Audrey being so authentic, at least not Mariah anyways. Unless she’s changed, I’d expect to see more negative versus positive. Angry. Tantrum-y. Always wanting more.

I sincerely hope there’s never a spin-off with those two, Mariah (and her greedy mother) might well ruin it. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I guess I was thinking that it might be more focused on Andrey than Mariah.  

If they were to do that, yes it should be. But Audrey doesn’t seem the type of person who loves the limelight. So not sure if such a show would be Audrey’s cup of tea?

• Love 6

I suppose. It’s just that with a realty show, you get to showcase your cause and raise awareness.  Plus, it’s nice money that you don’t have to do much, but be filmed and lose your privacy.  To me, totally not worth it, but I can see people who are desperate for income taking that $100,000.    

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Good for Audrey for living her truth. They look very happy, seem like a great role model, and I was pleased to see loving comments from Aspyn and "likes" from Hunter on more than one post.

This is, incidentally, also a very interesting turn of events in the context of Mariah's upbringing. I'm not sure I'd want to see Kody in the same room with the two of them, but it is kind of fun imagining how much this must freak him out. That is, if he noticed. (Does he notice *anything* going on with those "other families," beyond the patio of the manse?)

Edited by Teafortwo
corrected pronouns
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

This is, incidentally, also a very interesting turn of events in the context of Mariah's upbringing. I'm not sure I'd want to see Kody in the same room with the two of them, but it is kind of fun imagining how much this must freak him out. That is, if he noticed. (Does he notice *anything* going on with those "other families," beyond the patio of the manse?)

This is someting I have wondered about considering his fundamental beliefs. He seemed very accepting on the show, like the wives. Are they really? Or was it for the sake of the show and do they privately cringe and condemn Audrey, Mariah and Gwen? I personally believe the latter.

Let's face it and be brutally honest here: Homosexuality goes completely against their fundamentalist mormon beliefs, particularly one that actively promotes the traditional male-female(s) relationship. And Audrey also identifies as non-binary (so far for male-female) Also, the Browns have also been very specific about clothes and appearance, though not as extreme as the Duggars, but still. Both Audrey and Mariah have a very specific (unisex) style and a bunch of piercings and I believe tattoos. None of this goes particularly well with the Browns who already cringe when they see a simple short sleeved t-shirt.

When I read back what I have just written, I just cannot believe that Kody has fully accepted Mariah, which is so sad. But then again, he doesn't care much for 13 of his 18 kids anyways.

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

It’s really nice that Mariah is letting Audrey take the lead right now and not trying to make Audrey’s story all about her (Mariah).

Maybe our loudmouth is growing a bit. People can and do change, it would be nice to see with Mariah. 

• Love 9

Maybe they are high all the time. I agree they look like they smell BAD.

1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

To me they always look sweaty/stinky like they need to shower and the squinty eyed cheesy grins in every pic are too much

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you that they indeed look a bit smelly. Maybe because of their scruffy way of clothing? That doesn’t help.

Audrey is definitely growing facial hair. I’m assuming it’s a direct result of hormone treatment? I thought Audrey identified as non-binary? 

• Love 7
(edited)
20 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Well I hope they are as happy as they are portraying themselves.

It reminds me of Meri and her over the top fake “look at how much fun we’re having!!!!” Fridays with friends… They laugh and laugh and LAUGH like morons to prove how awesomely happy they are… everything is hilarious… what a load of BS… if Meri is questioned at all, even slightly her UGLY side is quick to emerge.

Meri isn’t a SUPER HAPPY person with a heart of gold and neither is Mariah…. They’ve both shown how judgemental and ugly they can be if even slightly challenged about anything

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Love 14
35 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

It reminds me of Meri and her over the top fake “look at how much fun we’re having!!!!” Fridays with friends… They laugh and laugh and LAUGH like morons to prove how awesomely happy they are… everything is hilarious… what a load of BS… if Meri is questioned at all, even slightly her UGLY side is quick to emerge.

Meri isn’t a SUPER HAPPY person with a heart of gold and neither is Mariah…. They’ve both shown how judgemental and ugly they can be if even slightly challenged about anything

Yeah, I have sort of believed Mariah is holding back. Whether for job reasons, or she just doesn't want to hurt Audrey at this point in Audrey's life, is kind of questionable. Something has shut Mariah down and I'm not sure whether job or relationship related.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
On 4/30/2022 at 2:23 PM, ginger90 said:

5FDC1B92-9E3B-43F6-9D44-62A254DABE31.jpeg

They both look like they need a facial peel and a ton of moisturizer 

Mariah's face looks bumpy, blotchy like leather and Audrey's face looks dry and dull as dirt

Sunscreen is your friend!  Use it!

• Love 5
17 hours ago, LilyD said:

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you that they indeed look a bit smelly. Maybe because of their scruffy way of clothing? That doesn’t help.

Audrey is definitely growing facial hair. I’m assuming it’s a direct result of hormone treatment? I thought Audrey identified as non-binary? 

If you take testosterone, you can't control the effects. For some people, they could take T at a full dose (to get cis-male levels) and never grow a chin hair, and for others they can do a low dose (slower results) and sprout a full beard almost immediately. There's a lot of different factors like genetics that play into it. 

And yes, there are non-binary people who choose to take testosterone, either to look fully male or to slowly shape themselves into a more androgynous look, but, again, you can't control what features will appear first or how they work. 

I've been told if you look to close male family members like father/brother/uncles, that usually indicates how your own facial hair might grow. If Audrey's family runs to the hirsute side, they may see faster effects. 

• Useful 15
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone know if they are students, working, interning, influencers……..? They sure seem happy.  

I seem to recall reading that Mariah was working at a seniors home or center as a program director ??? and that Audge was freelancing as an artist preparing advertising.  One of her appointments is Director of Publicity and Advertising for Lizzie's Heritage Inn.😂

• Useful 4
  • LOL 4
6 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I seem to recall reading that Mariah was working at a seniors home or center as a program director ??? and that Audge was freelancing as an artist preparing advertising.  One of her appointments is Director of Publicity and Advertising for Lizzie's Heritage Inn.😂

Do they live at Lizzy’s?

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Do they live at Lizzy’s?

I believe they live in Salt Lake City.  They stayed at the Inn after Bonnie passed until Meri made arrangements with her BFF Jenn who stepped in to manage the place.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I hate their nose ring, and like their glasses.  They do look happy.

Agree on the nose ring and about looking happy. My optician always told me they had to match the size and shape of the face. Those glasses are way too big if you ask me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Agree on the nose ring and about looking happy. My optician always told me they had to match the size and shape of the face. Those glasses are way too big if you ask me.

I agree, the glasses look way too big for their face. All I focus on are the glasses (and the whiskers).

The picture is reversed, so I see there is a wedding band type ring on Audrey’s left-hand ring finger. I wonder if they are already legally married and are going to do a ceremony for the show?

• Useful 8
16 hours ago, Adiba said:

I agree, the glasses look way too big for their face. All I focus on are the glasses (and the whiskers).

The picture is reversed, so I see there is a wedding band type ring on Audrey’s left-hand ring finger. I wonder if they are already legally married and are going to do a ceremony for the show?

To each their own on the glasses. I have a big, black-framed nerdy looking pair I chose from the mens section (I hate that such a division still exists). The staff said “they’re a little too big for your face” and tried to talk me into a smaller frame. Well, that happened to me once before and I wound up hating the glasses. I was going for a certain look, and I held my ground on this time.  

• Love 10
48 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

To each their own on the glasses. I have a big, black-framed nerdy looking pair I chose from the mens section (I hate that such a division still exists). The staff said “they’re a little too big for your face” and tried to talk me into a smaller frame. Well, that happened to me once before and I wound up hating the glasses. I was going for a certain look, and I held my ground on this time.  

I pick my glasses the way I want them, so I guess I probably don't follow the rules either.  I try on men's, women's and children's to see which I like better.  I have a tiny head.

• Love 5

Big head, here.  I do prefer large, under-eye-bag hiding, types of frames.  I have a squarish face so round glasses look better on me.  No dark or flashy colors for me.

I am wondering if Mariah and Audrey have had some type of wedding, and just not announced it.  I can't see them passing up getting that TLC cash like Logan and Michelle are doing.  Mariah is too much like Meri in that respect, IMO.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

am wondering if Mariah and Audrey have had some type of wedding, and just not announced it.  I can't see them passing up getting that TLC cash like Logan and Michelle are doing.  Mariah is too much like Meri in that respect, IMO

I have wondered about this too. Pure speculation here but I really suspect Kody could have managed a wedding between two women who looked traditional (the white gown type of bride) and behaved traditional, modest and conservative in thoughts and ideas. Don’t forget we’re dealing with a religious fundamentalist moron mormon here.

Audrey and Mariah are anything but that and are free spirited souls. We know neither cares for looks and might end up in coveralls on their day. Mariah has found her own path in life which has nothing in common with Kody’s.
On top, Kody now has a daughter in law who identifies as non-binary and seems to be slowly developing men’s features. I can see that brain go haywire and short circuit. (Oh wait, that might explain the funny hair!) Kody, and Robyn for that matter, isn’t the most accepting and liberal soul on this planet. It would not surprise me if he has drawn a line here of not wanting this on his show, no matter how much money they offer. As I said, I’m guessing how I think Kody feels. This doesn’t reflect my personal thoughts on such matters.

Janelle and Christine seem more liberal and Meri…no idea. I do think she tries to be accepting and form some connection with them. Meri has only one child after all and lost most of her family and husband too. 

• Love 7

Mariah has found her own path in life which has nothing in common with Kody’s.

Kody and Mariah have one thing still in common: They're both self-righteous as hell, and refuse to consider alternate viewpoints. 

• Love 19
On 5/3/2022 at 2:46 PM, xwordfanatik said:

They do look happy.

I think it's hard to tell.  Baring teeth and squinty eyes really doesn't reveal anything.  A real smile is in the eyes which are hidden.

• Love 14
On 5/5/2022 at 8:34 AM, Cetacean said:

I think it's hard to tell.  Baring teeth and squinty eyes really doesn't reveal anything.  A real smile is in the eyes which are hidden.

And it is always the same matching toothy grins and squinty eyes over >4 years of selfies, which adds to the artificiality.

• Love 12