Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Thank You

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I had no idea what Daryl was doing because I have always struggled to understand a word he says. I thought he'd just decided to lone wolf it and my husband and I were like "Bye Greaseball".

There was so much gore in the episode I thought I'd have nightmares and I did - that Steven Yuen would be reduced to being a ghost Maggie sees as she rubs her swollen belly. Please no.

I also think Heath has potential - it was slightly "hey! symbolism!" but I liked the bit that Omar screencapped in his recap where Heath sees his reflection and doesn't know whose blood is all over him.

• Love 6

I meant to ask this this morning: What WAS Rick doing? I know he doubled back to get the camper. But why?

I did ask this morning about Daryl's "free-ride" and I've seen a few theories but nothing definitive because this is TWD and the writers never put anything in stone, or make anything comprehensible. If it weren't for Rick (now) being trapped, I'd say that both he and Daryl acted irresponsibly.  Except I wouldn't know because I never really knew what the master plan was.  But I do know, from last night, that they are to go 20 miles

I think Rick developed some ad hoc plan that involved the RV to get the other half of the heard on the road.

I had no idea that Daryl had even diverted anywhere until this morning.  But I think he was going back to ASZ and then resumed the original plan because Rick had the whole little 'if we go back to ASZ it would be for us, we have to move this herd for them' speech. I think he sped up to get back to his job because he could tell from the walkie talkie that Rick was in trouble.  Whether he's granting final wish or trying to work faster because it moves him/the herd in Ricks; direction, I have no idea.

• Love 2

I think they are fucking with us. We will be all panicked about Glenn's possible death, then relieved when we find he is alive only to be shocked to see Rick die. Or possibly another main character.

I think Rick and Carl will be the last of the original group. 

• Love 4

I had no idea what Daryl was doing because I have always struggled to understand a word he says. I thought he'd just decided to lone wolf it and my husband and I were like "Bye Greaseball".

There was so much gore in the episode I thought I'd have nightmares and I did - that Steven Yuen would be reduced to being a ghost Maggie sees as she rubs her swollen belly. Please no.

I didn't think anyone could look grimier than the walkers but somehow Darryl manages.

I have taken to watching this show the following day because it kept me up with bad dreams too many times!

Overall I liked this episode except for a couple of things like Nicholas endlessly reminiscing about people he dicked over when he should have been running. Also, the girl twisting her ankle while just regular walking. Who does that? I also think that since all the cars look so bad, that you'd always have a back up plan if it broke down. At least Rick has the walkie talkie. He can contact Sasha and Darryl.

• Love 1

IF he's still alive, I think they'll string us out a bit, get us wound up in other plot points, then have him suddenly show up, i.e., come staggering in like Daryl when Andrea mistakenly shot him for a walker--maybe a last-second, hail mary, out-of-nowhere salvation of another character by a haggard, near-dead Glenn.

But I'm still afraid he's dead, and I'm not taking off this black armband until I learn otherwise. :(

I thought Daryl was used because he was more visible, and also because the motorcycle makes more noise than the car.   I guess once they reach mile marker 20, Sasha and Abe would peel off, and they would follow Daryl, who could then double back more easily. 

Here's my theory. He crawled from under Nicholas, and into a manhole under the dumpster. He becomes Master Splinter, and leads a band of turtles...

OH MY GODS. The turtle of last week foreshadowed this!

• Love 11

So.... I finally caught the episode, and, yeah, that just happened.

That said, I'm kind of waiting and seeing on this being permanent or not.  After hearing about all the stuff on The Talking Dead and not really seeing any post-mortem interviews with Steven Yeun, I can see it being a fake-out.  Realistically (for a zombie show)?  He should be deader then dead.  But the way it was shot, I can see them trying some kind of bullshit, where Nicholas' body fell on him, and that's what is getting eaten.  And I think Yen played the scene in a way where his reactions could not be pain, but Glenn freaking out instead.  It is still very improbable though.  Even if he isn't dead, I can see him lasting for long unless another major distraction happens, that causes the horde to abandon their current meal.

If he is dead though, I won't be too surprised.  It would be a bit out of nowhere, but there were a few anvils like him pulling out Hershel's watch again and all the reminders about Maggie and being her husband.  Plus, I can see this show thinking it is special to knock off someone this randomly.  And the added twist of it being Nicholas' fault, so it would be Glenn's humanity and attempting to give someone like Nicholas a chance, that ends up being a downfall.  I could see the show going there.

On the other hand, at least Michonne, Heath, and the other black guy made it out alive, so... progress?  But I was distracted over them letting the doomed husband be feasted on.  No mercy kill?  For a second, I thought Heath would do it and this would be him having to kill a human being, but nope.  But I really couldn't understand why someone like Michonne would just stand there, all shocked.  Weird.

Thank goodness for this thread, because I didn't know what the hell was going on with Daryl.  And, now that I know, it is still kind of lame, and I wouldn't blame Abraham and Sasha for not being able to fully-trust him to have their backs again.

So, those were the Wolves that escaped Alexandra?  Dammit, Morgan!  At least Rick fended him off, but now he is major shitstorm.

Next week will be Morgan-centric?  I do want to know more about why he became such a big pacifist, but way to stretch out Glenn's fate, show.

Broke my ankle WALKING to school 7th grade

I think it's plausible Glen may have survived due to his determination to live. Rick, Glen, Darryl and Michonne just has this will to live I have not seen from the other survivors. Yes they fight and they are brave but to me it's different from a will to survive. Don't quite know how to explain it but I can see even falling on top of herd Glen would not just give up.

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 2

Sorry I missed this in the show and if it was addressed in  this thread, but did the other black guy (Scott??) get bitten on the leg or shot somehow? I'm referring to the guy who seems to have made it back with Heath and Michonne.

• Love 2

This show certainly is not above totally screwing up a character send off, but I don't think they'd screw up Glenn's demise this bad... still  it would still be a crappy fake out if he's alive.

I am so sad at this point I would gladly take a crappy fake out to have Glenn be okay. I don't care how implausible it is just fix it damn powers that be! I am so far in denial I am wrapped in a warm blanket of it drinking a glass of he is still alive tea!

• Love 2

Also was thinking back to all the times Show has had us believe that human bodies make excellent bulletproof shields, such as Carol using Axel, as someone already mentioned. And Daryl used a walker body as a shield during the fall of the prison. So yeah I can see them having Glenn use Nickolas as a meat shield to get away. About to rewatch for plausibility.

Edited by JBody
  • Love 2

Schrodinger's Glen, neither dead nor alive until some final move is made.  

Hee!

I really don’t need any show I watch to have an “anyone can die” element to it. Why should I bother getting attached to any characters if all of them could be unceremoniously killed off at any minute? And if I can’t get attached to any characters, why should I bother to watch the show? Eventually it wears you down and you stop caring. And the last thing any show wants is for its audience to stop caring.

Heroes had the same problem, and I quit that show before it got cancelled. I can’t be bothered to check out the new “reborn” spin-off, either.

And I doubt I’m going back for more “Fear the Walking Dead” because I don’t care about any of the characters still alive on that show.

Making it more like “real life” is not a plus. If I wanted real life I could turn off the TV.

And I don’t think killing main characters off makes a show more exciting. I was feeling perfectly pumped by everything that happened so far this season - until they (apparently) killed Glenn. Now I’m not excited for the next episode anymore. Not sure I even feel like watching any more. This isn't a matter of stomping off because they kill a character I like. I just don't feel like getting jerked around. It's becoming more annoying than fun, and I want my fictional TV viewing to be fun. If I wanted to feel pissed off I would watch the nightly news instead.

• Love 8

My husband was actually worried they were going to kill Rick tonight. He yelled at the TV, "Ghoulina can't take anymore!"

This was the first episode ever that I actually thought that Rick might die- it didn't help that I was distracted during the walker fight and thought he'd been bitten and was getting into the RV to find a safe spot to chop his own hand off... they made a bigger deal of that wound than they usually do so I sense trouble ahead (re: the walker contamination issue- it drove me nuts in S1 & 2 when they used the same knives/arrows to kill walkers *and* their food so i stopped using logic on that!) Glen- if that *was* his death scene it was very badly shot (it reminded me of some of the death scenes in Dawn of the Dead which were basically 'pull some sausages out of his chest area') but if he's not dead that's a cop out, and I couldn't get totally involved in the scene because I wasn't sure if we were being played. I really want to see zombie Glen though, part of the reason I love zombie fiction so much is family and friends can become a terrifying enemy at any time and I don't think we see enough of that :). I agree with others who said we were back in season 2 level of dealing with walkers- our CDB lot seem to have regressed!

I really don't want to watch Morgan and the cheesemakers next week

• Love 3

Just watched and probably can't add much to what's already been said, but for the first time since Rick was trapped in the house with the MerleTones, I was at the edge of my seat. Glenn? Noooooooo! :(

So, those were the Wolves that escaped Alexandra?  Dammit, Morgan!  At least Rick fended him off, but now he is major shitstorm.

Yeah, and the gun he used to try to kill Rick has to be the one that Morgan let him take when he let them all go, because he's all about the sanctity of life. Nice work, Morgan.

Other than that - I know this is scifi/horror/fiction, but it really bothers me when a person in the woods gets attacked by a single zombie. A slow, shuffling, stumbling, groaning zombie and a person gets ambushed by one? Oh well.

Kudos to AL for his acting job at the end in the RV.

• Love 3

I am so sad at this point I would gladly take a crappy fake out to have Glenn be okay. I don't care how implausible it is just fix it damn powers that be! I am so far in denial I am wrapped in a warm blanket of it drinking a glass of he is still alive tea!

Oh I agree, I'd definitely rather see a crappy Glenn fake out than a crappy Glenn death! I think that's the case... can't see them not at least making an attempt at a proper send off with a character like Glenn. I have no problem believing they'll do the fake out. The more you watch the scene you can see how they're setting it up so Nick fell on top of him and that's whose getting ripped apart.

Edited by Ronin Jackson
  • Love 5

During the Glen scene I said to mr grumpypanda “that looks so fake. It doesn't even look like Glen's head is attached to his body." I guess now I know why, apparently it wasn't his body. It didn't even occur to me that Glen didn't die until I started reading all of these posts.

My feeling for Glen are pretty neutral so I don't really care if he lives or dies but I'm annoyed that the showrunners appear to be fucking with the audience.

Now they're double fucking with us by making next week a Morgan episode. I don't quit many shows but this show is seriously working my last nerve.

Anyway, nice of Darryl to leave Sasha and Abe after Sasha basically tells him that they're screwed without him. Darryl's like, “I have faith in you, now peace out bitches, I got some country side to see."

I know it's been mentioned already but I'd like to add that I thought it was absolutely asinine for Michonne's group to continue traveling on foot with all of those injured and worthless people. How about the weaklings wait at the pet store and the people that can actually walk and fight go get a vehicle and come back for them.

Lastly, not Rick, anyone but my Rick! I truly don't believe that this is the end for him so I'm not really worried but if this show kills off my Ricky Poo, I'm out. I'm down to only three characters that I would actually be upset it they died, Pretty Ricky, Michonne and baby Judy. I don't want Carl or Darryl to die either but I wouldn't be devastated about it. I actually wouldn't mind losing a big chunk of our core group if we could get some interesting new characters. Denise the new doctor can stay though. I'll always have a soft spot for nurse Zoe.

How about the weaklings wait at the pet store and the people that can actually walk and fight go get a vehicle and come back for them.

Oh, the pet store upset me so much. I was so angry thinking, "Why couldn't the people who worked there at least have opened the cages and left the front door open so the cats, etc. would at least have a chance to survive?" I was so consumed by that I didn't give a shit what happened to the people.

Next week is all about Morgan? Well, that's... disappointing, since I don't give a rat's ass about him either.

And if Glenn's death is a fake-out, it's a totally ludicrous, outrageous one. Even if Nick landed on top of him, the zombies would have had his face eaten off in no time as well, unless he has some magical force field or is wearing Walker Be-Gone spray.  

• Love 7

They've never cowered away from showing someone's grisly death, so I don't see the point of all that ambiguous camera work if he's really dead. Why not just show the walkers clearly biting into his body like they did with Noah? We saw his freaking face get tore apart for crying out loud! But suddenly with Glen we see partially blocked shots of spurting blood and out of place intestines? And Glen looking upset, but not as upset as seeing Noah die, and definitely not having-your-insides-torn-out upset. I just don't buy it.

• Love 8

Well, fuck. Fuckety, fuck, fuck, fuck.

I was hoping you were all punking me the last 11 pages of this thread and I'd not see Glenn die.

*curls up in ball, sobbing*

Do you want to come sit with me at the He's not dead, he's under the dumpster table?

• Love 12

Not that we really care :)   But they really ripped through the ASZ in the last two episodes.  I'm kind of curious what Deanna's going to do.  Psycho killer or drooling rocking mass of mush?

The wolves had to have taken out a good chunk of the ASZ residents. CDB lost all but two of the ASZ they had with them.  Her son shot himself in the head. 

CDB lost Glenn.  Maybe.  But probably not.

This is rivaling Rick allowing the Governor's defectors to join them at the prison for 'we need to take in other survivors to our group to demonstrate character growth and the season's theme. Eh, never mind,  Bired now. Kill 'em all.'

• Love 2

Do we have any idea how many Wolves there are? It seems that quite a few were killed between the last episode and this one. And why, of all things, would one of them pocket a jar of baby food unless there is maybe a baby wolf back in the den? Or he had a hankering for strained carrots? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3

As for Rick's cut hand, Sasha cut Abraham's arm with the knife she was killing walkers with seconds before, and nothing ever came of that. It seems to have to be a bite to cause the fever illness that kills them.

• Love 5

Other than that - I know this is scifi/horror/fiction, but it really bothers me when a person in the woods gets attacked by a single zombie. A slow, shuffling, stumbling, groaning zombie and a person gets ambushed by one? Oh well.

No situational awareness. 

Not that we really care :)   But they really ripped through the ASZ in the last two episodes.  I'm kind of curious what Deanna's going to do.  Psycho killer or drooling rocking mass of mush?

The wolves had to have taken out a good chunk of the ASZ residents. CDB lost all but two of the ASZ they had with them.  Her son shot himself in the head. 

CDB lost Glenn.  Maybe.  But probably not.

This is rivaling Rick allowing the Governor's defectors to join them at the prison for 'we need to take in other survivors to our group to demonstrate character growth and the season's theme. Eh, never mind,  Bired now. Kill 'em all.'

I think Deanna realized how completely useless she herself is in the last episode so I'm anticipating a certain amount of humility.  Or maybe some phony bravado, assuming the threat to her own personal safety has passed.     And i don't think Nicholas is her son is he?  

• Love 4

Oh, and I still think Glen will end up a prisoner of the unfair wolves, although that's a little too close to past storylines. Hopefully they'll come up with something better (all this in the case that he's not dead).

Would a baby that died in the womb become an inutero-zombie?

Remember when Lori had that discussion with Herschel at the prison? I don't know if they would bring that up again, but who knows? I've seen it done in horror movies (the remake of Dawn of the Dead, for example).

I really hope that they don't go with the expected cliche story arc that Maggie is pregnant (especially if Glenn did really die).

I say that not because I don't like babies, but if you're going to go that route, why hasn't Rosita been knocked up by Abraham yet?  Its been blatantly shown (at least once), & also heavily implied, that they are sexually active and I highly doubt they are using protection [ie, condoms, etc] nowadays (if ever).  And even if he pulls out each time before 'finishing', that is hardly really safe.

I really hate pregnancy storylines. They are a sign of lack of creativity. Plus, we already have one helpless child living in Alexandria. Speaking of which: whatever happened to those old people who were so enamored with Judith when she first arrived? Have we ever seen anyone that old again?

• Love 6

So, those were the Wolves that escaped Alexandria? Dammit, Morgan! At least Rick fended him off, but now he is major shitstorm.

Yeah, and the gun he used to try to kill Rick has to be the one that Morgan let him take when he let them all go, because he's all about the sanctity of life. Nice work, Morgan.

Not only Alexandria -- the Wolf who came into the RV shooting at Rick was one of the two who Morgan left in the woods in Conquer at the end of Season 5 (the other was the Wolf who Morgan battled at the end of last week's episode.).

I have some trepidation about this coming Sunday's episode. I'm curious what it will reveal about Morgan. I know that my views are shaded by having witnessed all the trials and travails that CDB has been through at the hands of others and Morgan wasn't privy to those. But letting dangerous people keep living has again haunted the group.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 2

I just rewatched the scene of Glenn and that other dude running in the alley and is there a reason why they didn't climb the fence along the tree line?  It seems to me they could have easily climbed it and disappeared within the treeline.

• Love 3

In viewing someone's post of the video of Glen and Nick running toward the dumpster, I'm pretty sure the bottom corners of it were conveniently obstructed by assorted trash.

Which would hide prop risers to lift it higher off the ground than a normal dumpster would be.

Which brings me back around to my desperate insistence that Glen. Is. Not. Dead.

Edited by FierceCritter
  • Love 7

No pregnant Maggie please....babies do not belong in the zombie apocolypse.  In my story mind Glenn and Maggie are smart enough to realise this and have been taking all possible precautions.....by all means kill Glenn but don't kill his level headed, survival instincts by having his wife be knocked up....  

• Love 3

I think it would be a huge cop-out for Glenn not to be dead, even though I don't think he will be. I just hate the fact that our heroes are always making it out of impossible situations while random red-shirts happen to get killed by one walker walking at a glacial speed. Lol.

I think what would be interesting would be for Glenn to live, but to have been bitten. And then he will make it back home to say goodbye to Maggie, in a way that other guy wasn't able to.

Edited by Hava
  • Love 4

I know that my views are shaded by having witnessed all the trials and travails that CDB has been through at the hands of others and Morgan wasn't privy to those. But letting dangerous people keep stay alive has again haunted the group

Yoda... I mean Morgan, may not have seen what CDB went through, but he witnessed the wolves savagely murdering innocent on sight, behaving like demons from hell or crank addicts and he thought letting them go was a viable option. But he did sternly admonish them. Oops, I guess that didn't work out so well.

• Love 3

I think it would be a huge cop-out for Glenn not to be dead, even though I don't think he will be. I just hate the fact that our heroes are always making it out of impossible situations while random red-shirts happen to get killed by one walker walking at a glacial speed. Lol.

I think what would be interesting would be for Glenn to live, but to have been bitten. And then he will make it back home to say goodbye to Maggie, in a way that other guy wasn't able to.

I might actually be okay with that scenario. I would still be upset that he died, but not so furious about it, if that makes any sense. I guess an actual goodbye scene would give Glenn the closure he merits as a founding member of CDB. As it stands now, it strikes me as a cheap death solely intended to shock the audience. That pisses me off. Steven deserves a better send-off than that horseshit. Also, the thought of Glenn dying terrified and alone just breaks my heart. I don't think anyone in the group has actually died without someone else there since Merle.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 1

Just to revisit a point I made in an earlier post, the Originals have had extensive, extended close encounters with Walker body fluids and dead meat.  They've had splatters to eyes, mucosa, broken skin, etc.  It was suggested at some point earlier in the series that every survivor has the virus (the origin of which is still unknown) and will eventually/inevitably turn regardless of cause of death, even if not bitten.  Yet perhaps the extent/duration of exposures determines the development of some immunity or the chance of viral mutation where dying/turning is not inevitable, or the time to D/T is so delayed it may appear to be less of an inevitable outcome. S

Survivors who have significantly lower Walker encounters and kills may not have the exposures and time to develop some immunity and/or mutation. What happened to Bob may not be what would happen to some or all of the core group. Lori's exposures may have been less due to pregnancy, which itself might weaken her immune system. Hershel's leg was amputated but, since he was brutally murdered, we will never know if he would eventually have succumbed.

This hasn't been discussed much, but what I am getting at is Rick's non-bite related cut/puncture hand injury: if something is to be made of that injury down the road (i.e., infection from any source sets in), how will it affect the remaining community, especially the core group, and their reaction to Rick? (Note: I am unspoiled, don't do spoilers, never read any of the comics).  Surely there would be implications and ramifications that could influence or direct the trajectory of season 6 and more if an issue is made. A lot also depends on if Alexandria survives.

How can a non-Walker related infection be differentiated from a Walker related infection without proper medical tests available (altho' a microscope and a slide touch and some solution found in an office might work with some bugs)?   A flesh-eating bacteria infection might be diagnosed empirically, even by a psychiatry-trained doc, and require immediate radical surgery to spare limb and life, but what is the choice (and would it even make a difference) if a Walker-related infection is even suspected, regrdless of Rick's denial of a bite? 

What would Rick accept? What would he find acceptable regarding Carl's or Judith's potential exposure or safety given his past position on their- and the core group's- safety. How would Carol respond to such a threat given her past response and preemptive strike?  Would Rick be banished vs. voluntarily separate himself regardless, of source of infection and even if he is not symptomatic. Would he- gasp!- end his own life down the road near series end, if not during this season.

The writers have created a situation where the time to dying and then turning from a bite appears variable, unpredictable. Much as many factors (newer drugs, better health/supportive care) render indefinite the conversion time from HIV to AIDS in the longest known time since infection in a stable HIV patient.

I choose not to believe Glenn is dead since- even before the credits finished rolling- I thought there was going to be some parallel to the pilot scene with Rick in the tank, and I never thought it was other than Nicholas' guts being gutted.  Indeed, I entertained that maybe Glenn was in shock and only imagined himself falling, a common enough trope. My thoughts were turning instead around Glenn being severely injured (head injury??) from the fall, bitten, or otherwise exposed such that his return becomes as much a potential threat as Rick's hand injury. Yet Glenn might have an immunity from his repeat exposures or even from whatever infection he survived while at the prison.  I  think the immunity question could be a real game changer for this series which otherwise has a lot of redundancy and suffers from the 'making it up as they go along' writer's disease

Of all the possible ways for him to have avoided getting gang eaten in that mess, that is the most both likely and believable scenario.  TWD seems to love their "see, look, we totally hinted at that scenario back in that episode (or that scene)!"

It was brought up before, kudos to nodorothyparker, I believe, and well done on noticing this - but not only did the walkers rip into Nicholas' body because he wasn't zombie!dead yet, but because he never was going to be a zombie period.  He blew his brains out, thus ensuring permanent (no reanimating and walking) death.  So even while Glenn is getting covered by the blood and gore;  its still human stuff, not walker goo.  Thus, even if Glenn did get himself under the dumpster - only a miracle 'hand-wave' by the writers & producers would see him still survive and live through all of that.

• Love 2

I seen it mentioned that we didn't know what Judith's fate was at the end of JSS....  Without going back to watch it, for sure, I'm pretty sure it was shown that right after Carl took the dish out of the oven and sat it down on the counter, he looked at the baby monitor.  His demeanor did nothing to suggest that Judith wasn't still on the screen or some other untoward thing had happened with/to her.  Without concrete video evidence checking to back that up, I don't have much to defend it with, but that is my memory of what happened.

And not to 'poo' on that theory that Enid did take Judith, but why would she?  What would a baby do for a group like the Wolves??  I can't honestly see a plausibly good reason for it.

I don't think Enid is a Wolf, either.  I think she just has solid proof now that ASZ isn't safe and its time to start getting back to looking after 'Numero Uno'.

• Love 5

When Glenn is falling, he is almost spooning Nick. When we see him land, it is only from the shoulders up, not his entire body.

Burning the walkers doesn't kill them. It only makes them crispy walkers. Remember the ones from the "Look at the flowers" episode? Therefore, building a fire to get rid of them wouldn't work.

I don't think they were trying to get rid of the walkers with setting the fire; they were going to try to get their attention and divert the walkers so they could make their escape.

If damn fool Nicholas had to have a moment of clarity and gratitude, why on earth couldn't he have hurled himself into the walker crowd and at least temporarily diverted attention from Glen? Come on! And poor, poor Maggie...

Also, even if he did scoot under the garbage, what good would that do unless there's a fortuitously placed hole in the bottom of that fence? And if he is under Nicholas, I don't really see that being an effective safety net; those walkers would just keep eating as if it were a double-sized person.

Yeah, I was thinking about Maggie too.  She's barely gotten herself together after losing Beth, now she has to deal with Glenn (maybe) dying.

• Love 5
Glenn is dead.  Nicholas's dead body would not be spurting blood.

Implicit in this statement is the assumption that Nicholas was fully and completely dead.  You'd be amazed how many head shots don't result in immediate, instantaneous death in real life.  Ask any EMT/paramedic/ER doc or nurse who's been on the job for a while; I think the immediate survival rate is something like 8%.

Not that it would be a great survival, or very extended, even - but the heart would still be pumping immediately after.

hqXyPU.gif

Rick did NOT get bit. He sliced his own hand with a Knife.

He broke his first Knife killing the first Walker.

The second Walker had a Knife in his Neck. Rick pulled it out & used it. That's when he accidentally sliced the top of his hand when he killed him.

You can see the straight cut on his Hand. It's from the Knife. NOT a bite mark.

Dang, you beat me to it.  Rick scissored the tip of the machete onto his left hand when he pulled it out of the walker with his right.

On the plus side, isn't it great how this year's new zombie models come equipped with their own implements of dispatch?  I didn't even know that was an available option.

Just so long as she doesn't take up pottery, or listening to the Righteous Brothers incessantly.

I am now convinced we have Schrodinger's Glen, neither dead nor alive until some final move is made.  

Pardon my French, but this was fucking great.

• Love 10

Aaaaand now we're going to skip a week and go with Morgan's backstory.  No.  Just no. 

Okay, so Talking Dead just referenced "Glenn's fate" so he could be alive, right?  RIGHT?

Unsure, but hoping I'll get some indulgence without having read the thread, just to rant generically at the world:

I wish I could write this in all caps but just imagine them:

I went to Google at work today not having watched the episode, and its predictive search logic spoiled me, *as soon as I typed the word 'is'".

Yes, the first query *after you type in 'is', is:

"is glenn dead".

(insert incomprehensible zombie growl of fury)

• Love 11