Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Leave it to this overwhelmed Director to fully miss the physically interesting expressions of Spike's joy!  Heaven forfend we get some actual spontaneity in this joint.

I can't wait to learn what was censored!  I've not experienced silence like that since David Letterman asked, "Uma, Oprah?"

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
Just now, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I can't wait to learn what was censored!  I've not experienced silence like that since David Letterman asked, "Uma, Oprah?"

I think I’m the only person in America who laughed hysterically at that joke. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, topanga said:
Just now, yowsah1 said:

That faint echo you heard was me.  😉

I think I’m the only person in America who laughed hysterically at that joke. 

I was there, too... 

• Love 1

See, the Oscars, that didn’t hurt did it? Giving such a loud and proud civil rights activist his rightful due and acknowledging his genius? 

Now babysteps to maybe, finally, giving him something for, you know, actually being a fucking amazing director in a very small group of equals. 

• Love 12

Not to be a petty asshole, but after listening to the more dickish DCEU fanboys endlessly going on about how "obviously" DC is better than the MCU because of their one Oscar for best make up, and how that means MCU fans are all uncultured swine, this is a really amusing evening for me...

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Oh, yeah.  She did a TV special a few years ago that totally sold me on her credentials and beautiful voice.  She's done some bizarre stuff, but her voice is beautiful!

Up until Gaga appeared on the Howard Stern show years ago to do a slowed-down version of her song "The Edge of Glory" as she played the piano, I was not aware of exactly how talented she was and how well she could sing.  All I knew of her was the persona -- the woman in the meat dress... the woman being carried down a red carpet in a giant egg.   She has a powerful voice with a lot of emotion when she tones everything down and just sits at a piano to sing.  And she is versatile enough to be able to sing different types of songs in different genres.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, AnswersWanted said:

See, the Oscars, that didn’t hurt did it? Giving such a loud and proud civil rights activist his rightful due and acknowledging his genius? 

Now babysteps to maybe, finally, giving him something for, you know, actually being a fucking amazing director in a very small group of equals. 

The night is still young!  It could still happen!

• Love 1