Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Tim McGraw is way too thin.  I read an interview with him where he said that since he got sober, he's been working out like a demon.  Too much though. 

Trading one addiction for another, it happens a lot.

I'll say it, I think Gaga looks lovely!  Her hair and makeup are great.  I'm not fond of the silhouette of the dress, but it is fashion and very editorial.   

• Love 2

Gaga said he's home because he has work tomorrow and since his show films in Chicago, I can see not wanting to do the red eye.

Thanks. I missed what she said. I run into the Chicago Fire/PD filming a lot. It usually irritates me.

Edited by Misslindsey

I'm disappointed that ABC has the exclusive for the final hour because I so enjoy Ryan Seacrest's E! Interviews with the celebs on the red carpet. He excels at it and the celebs seem so relaxed with him. I can't say the same for the ABC crew. Some of the interviews are cringe worthy. JMO.

• Love 1

OMG, ABC, get it together. You do not get to interview people inside the theatre. It is the RED CARPET for a reason.

I think they wanted to get people inside because the weather was so shitty the tents stopped helping.

The ABC interviewers seemed kind of obsessed over where the other interviewers were and what they were doing at exclusion of all else.  They don't need to throw it to each other and make the celebrities wave at the other interviewers constantly.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 4

I was watching E! for a bit and as just about always, I'm thrown by the irony of them critiquing people's makeup and wardrobe choices. I was a bit perplexed by their discussion over the fact Margot Robbie had no makeup other than lipstick -- it sure as shit looked like she had makeup on to me. Granted, compared to some of what I saw (Guilianna and J Lo, specifically) it's not too much, but I swear I heard one of them say it looked like Robbie hadn't even put on mascara.

Lady Gaga looks like she's going to go clean a toilet with those gloves and Scarlett Johansson - yowsa! She fills the hell out of that dress. And yeah, Patricia Arquette's hair is kind of wild right now, but it endears her to me. She seems so real and I dig that about her.

• Love 1

I'm disappointed that ABC has the exclusive for the final hour because I so enjoy Ryan Seacrest's E! Interviews with the celebs on the red carpet. He excels at it and the celebs seem so relaxed with him. I can't say the same for the ABC crew. Some of the interviews are cringe worthy. JMO.

I am not a big Seacrest fan, but I agree. Ryan usually knows his stuff.

Faith Hill looks really dowdy to me.  With the cute short hair she could have done a halter or sweetheart neckline and looked fabulous.  But no, decided to pull on the K-mart Blue Light Martha Stewart Half Off shower curtain.  And from the ABC interview she's staring at Tim like she has him under Petsmart training.  Well though...maybe she does.  

JLo - can bring the tacky like no one else.  You go girl!

And here we go!  I just heard about GaGa and the Sound of Music tribute.  I will flip over to a slasher flick when that's on.

• Love 1

Meh. Jack Black was just there so they could have someone to articulate all the FISA speeches yesterday and talk back to them. (Note he made a crack about "tents"?)

Other than that-- great opening! One of my friends last year wished aloud that the sorry mess that was last year's opening would have been so much better if it was like NPH's Tony opening that year. Apparently other people had the same thought.

Edited by bunnywithanaxe

Great opening from NPH. Noticed there wasn't a lot of dancing. Probably for the best since it was wordy and he would have been out of breath. Anna Kendrick is totally the new Anne Hathaway. Liked the Jack Black cameo. 

A singing montage where Sharon Stone's lady bits are mentioned...but of course.

They do realize that this isn't Tony night, yes? Because the Oscars' can't pull off Tony night for many reasons, including the utter lack of talent that Tony night normally has in spades due to it having people there with actual talent that can be utilized.

Plus I've never been a fan of Neil's singing voice myself, or Neil really, so this whole opening act business is not working out for me at all.

• Love 4

Within weeks of Amy Winehouse's death, Neil Patrick Harris posted a pic of a cake depicting her rotting corpse.  So that's the type of guy who is hosting tonight.  To me, that speaks volumes about his character, and I will never forget it.

• Love 2
Can I have the talent NPH has in his little finger?

No joke.  I love him and his opening numbers. That was really creative and appropriate. It just bugs a bit that while it's always obvious that the Tony's audience (in the theater...the actors and other industry professionals) really enjoy and appreciate it, it just seems like the "movie stars" are a bit too self-important to acknowledge the beauty of what NPH does. 

And his very opening line.. "the whitest"... HAH! Touché. Loved it (and probably one of the things that the audience, being so self-important, didn't appreciate.)

• Love 2

Within weeks of Amy Winehouse's death, Neil Patrick Harris posted a pic of a cake depicting her rotting corpse. So that's the type of guy who is hosting tonight. To me, that speaks volumes about his character, and I will never forget it.

Actually he did not post the pic, Jesse Tyler Ferguson's husband posted the pic of a cake that appeared at NPH's private Halloween party.