Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Yes.  Maddie, you and Caleb are the adults here.  Set boundaries, and the kids will know you mean business.  Physical punishment won't be needed.  Your words spoken firmly and consistently will work.  Consistence is key.  Caving into tantrums tells the kids they are in charge.  

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Children need to be on a schedule.  To bed at the same time every day.  Don't let them sleep for hours when they go down for a nap.  I thought I remembered reading that Axel was in pre-school/daycare.  She should be able to manage if he is gone a good part of the day.  Even moms need to be on a routine in order to get everything done daily.  My mom had three under 6 at home.  I never remember our house being anything but in order and straightened daily.  We played most of the day and had some TV time.  But I don't every remember my mother struggling to take care of the home and us.  You do have to be organized.

Too true. My mom had 4 daughters in 4 years. Dad worked full time and traveled on business. My grandparents were 3000 miles away. There was no internet, no Roomba, no Pampers. But we were well behaved (for the most part) and the house was always neat as a pin (we all had chores of course). 

• Love 11

Kids thrive with structure and routine. I am not saying don't have fun or change the routine once in a while to go out and do fun stuff but it literally makes all the difference in the world to have set times to do things, and activities to keep the child busy and learning instead of just putting them in front of a tv.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

rsz_screenshot_532.jpg

Isn't that the goal of every parent, to raise healthy kids that grow and someday become independent.

She will be loathsome when the day comes that she will be an "Empty Nester".

• Love 4
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Nothing wrong with limiting family size.  I was one and done.

Me too. I thought I would like to have 2 or 3 but after I became acquainted with something called Labor And Delivery I said "Fuck. That." They say you forget the pain. Ha! I have no idea how some women decide to have more than one kid but I do tip my hat to their vaginas. Their poor, poor vaginas. Gah! 

I hope no one tries to pressure or shame Maddie and Caleb if they are stopping where they're at. 

• Love 14

It would be perfectly reasonable to stop at two given their circumstances.  

Regarding having a second child a good friend once told me once you pave the road you might as well drive down it.  The second pass at labor and delivery was at least for me more than twice as fast with less than half the discomfort.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Regarding having a second child a good friend once told me once you pave the road you might as well drive down it.  The second pass at labor and delivery was at least for me more than twice as fast with less than half the discomfort.

Same here... I thought I was gonna die with the first one, was in labor forever and it took a while to recover so it was a nice surprise when number 2 was a lot faster and nowhere near the pain or recovery 👍

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

If Maddie's not keeping Axel's clothes, she may be done having kids.  

Nothing wrong with limiting family size.  I was one and done.

So apparently because the little one is a girl they can't keep ANY of Axel's clothes?  A striped toddler t-shirt is a striped toddler t-shirt - I don't think the sex of the toddler actually matters.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Absolom said:

10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Same here... I thought I was gonna die with the first one, was in labor forever and it took a while to recover so it was a nice surprise when number 2 was a lot faster and nowhere near the pain or recovery 👍

lol I'm always the "birth story" in the room that pisses off other Mums.  I went into labor hearing so many stories of 24 hour labors etc that I was quite terrified.  Because of so many reasons with my first I wasn't expecting labor when it happened.  But from the first contraction to delivery was 2 hours on the nose.  My second beat that from the first dose of pitocin to delivery was 1 hour 50 minutes.

It was horrid and painful to watch Maddies birthing in the tub on the show.  I know my labors were considered very easy, but even then...after the second I just knew that I was SO done. I can't imagine ever wanting another after what she went through. How on earth would she have cameras there a second time after the nightmare of the first.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

I thought polygamists were supposed to be thrifty! Maddie could have packed those little boy clothes away for when one of her siblings have a little boy. 

My sister did that for me.  It's nice not to have to buy everything new.  I know Aspyn at least has indicated she wants "redheaded kids."  With 17 siblings, Maddie could have considered doing that.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

So apparently because the little one is a girl they can't keep ANY of Axel's clothes?  A striped toddler t-shirt is a striped toddler t-shirt - I don't think the sex of the toddler actually matters.

Easy come, easy go, the red pants would be cute on a little girl too.  Considering Axel was first grandchild, I would venture a guess that most of the clothes were gifts from family.  I wonder if she donated them to a worthy cause or took them to one of those places that give credit to purchase other items.

• Love 5

And toddler jeans are toddler jeans, already softened by multiple wearings and washings.  No need to buy $100 designer toddler jeans.  And apparently LuLaNo no longer makes kids' clothes (they were flammable and the US has laws against that).

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I thought polygamists were supposed to be thrifty! Maddie could have packed those little boy clothes away for when one of her siblings have a little boy. 

At the very least, I hope she donated them somewhere.  I get rid of all my kids’ old clothes by posting them for free on Facebook lol.  It saves me the trip to the Salvation Army drop off.  

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, OliversMom said:

At the very least, I hope she donated them somewhere.  I get rid of all my kids’ old clothes by posting them for free on Facebook lol.  It saves me the trip to the Salvation Army drop off.  

Do we know for sure that she didn't mail them to Flagstaff?  I would hope by now she would know people in Greenville that she could hand them down to another family.   I used to get hand-me-downs from the neighbors with older children and then give them to neighbors with younger ones.  And we passed around the school uniforms the same way.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=2b6e9184fff4ceebimageproxy.php?img=&key=2b6e9184fff4ceebimageproxy.php?img=&key=2b6e9184fff4ceebimageproxy.php?img=&key=2b6e9184fff4ceeb

rsz_screenshot_545.jpg

So I'm guessing that Janelle and Savanah are in N.Carolina for a visit with Maddie, Caleb and the kids.  I doubt that the Brush bunch are in Flagstaff for Meri's birthday celebrations.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I don’t mind Maddie posting so much because she’s probably still try to get some kick back as an influencer.  It does bother me her kids don’t have a choice what is shared about them and the fact she seems miserable most of the time.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 1/18/2020 at 7:36 PM, Joan of Argh said:

rsz_screenshot_545.jpg

You'd think a person with four mothers would be familiar with the saying "If you keep making that face, it is going to stay like that".  So these sistahs from opposite sides of the country watch TV (or themselves on IG) instead of communing with each other during their rare weekend visit?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

You'd think a person with four mothers would be familiar with the saying "If you keep making that face, it is going to stay like that".  So these sistahs from opposite sides of the country watch TV (or themselves on IG) instead of communing with each other during their rare weekend visit?

Yeah, I don't understand Maddie's 'tude in this picture at all. It almost looks like she's making fun of Savanah and Savanah is totally unaware.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Yeah, I don't understand Maddie's 'tude in this picture at all. It almost looks like she's making fun of Savanah and Savanah is totally unaware.

If I was Savannah, I'd be pissed about that very unattractive photo. It makes her look like a drooling mouth breather.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, answerphone said:

This will be a life long hardship.

Which is why having all of those extra mothers and siblings is such a blessing.  So many people to come and help her out.

Wait.  Nobody has.  Polygamy at its best.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Has Kootie even visited his granddaughter?  

I thought someone mentioned here that they had seen on Janelle's instagram that Kody had visited, maybe when Janelle and Savanah went to NC?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

He was at Maddies for the birth.... other than that I haven't seen any pics of him visiting.

That was where I heard he had been there, not the visit with Savanah.  Thanks for filling my blank, Joan.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

He was at Maddies for the birth.... other than that I haven't seen any pics of him visiting.

Not to defend Kody but.... once a woman marries she belongs in the husband's family.  I've never personally known any father who traveled anywhere when one of his kids started having children.  Usually there are so many kids having so many grandbabies that it's just not feasible.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

Not to defend Kody but.... once a woman marries she belongs in the husband's family.  I've never personally known any father who traveled anywhere when one of his kids started having children.  Usually there are so many kids having so many grandbabies that it's just not feasible.

Because Kody is so busy.

• LOL 5
8 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I think it’s the other way around. A daughter is Your’s for life. A son becomes his wife’s.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5