Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, deirdra said:

"Swipe up" is the smartphone equivalent of  clicking on a link with your mouse on a computer to "learn more".

"Swipe left" to say no (rather than clicking on a NO box)

"Swipe right" to say yes.  Depending on how it is set up, you could be buying stocks with a swipe or hooking up with a sex pervert on Tinder. It is a good ideal for COLs to avoid swiping.

Thank you!  I hardly ever use my phone for internet access.  I have an old iPhone, and I hate that tiny little keyboard.  My laptop works much better for my clumsy old fingers.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I hardly ever use my phone for internet access.  I have an old iPhone, and I hate that tiny little keyboard.  My laptop works much better for my clumsy old fingers.

Same here.  Also, my fingertips don't work well on touch screens so I have to us a stylus.  Since my laptop is always out, it is handy and easier to use.  I only use my phone for internet access when travelling, and even then minimally.  

• Love 5

Can someone help me out here?  I have it in my mind that Maddie and Caleb moved to Flagstaff, either initially, with the family before they moved to NC, or that they have now left NC and are living in Flagstaff???

Maybe I have just become so obsessed with this drama that I am now dreaming possible scenarios.

• LOL 2
23 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Can someone help me out here?  I have it in my mind that Maddie and Caleb moved to Flagstaff, either initially, with the family before they moved to NC, or that they have now left NC and are living in Flagstaff???

Maybe I have just become so obsessed with this drama that I am now dreaming possible scenarios.

Spoiler

Maddie moved to Flagstaff with axel and Caleb went to start his new job... It's in the new episode

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:
  Hide contents

Maddie moved to Flagstaff with axel and Caleb went to start his new job... It's in the new episode

Thank you Joan!  I have been resisting viewing the new episode.  Kind of keeping it on the table like an unopened box of chocolates.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Aaaahhh Maddie, you should have stayed in school a little longer or a least now, pick up a good book and read it.  You may become "greatful" and find out just how "niave" you are.

And it just may cause choas.  

• LOL 10

So she's doing what many ex-LLR consultants are doing. They've discovered they can go on Alibaba and get the same clothes much, much cheaper. Garrison's doing the same thing.

ETA: out of curiosity, I went to her Shopify site and was able to find the dolman sleeve cardigan and the camo sweater on Amazon, along with numerous variations on the "fueled by caffeine and chaos" t shirt. But hey, she'll probably sell a ton because she's an influencer.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

So she's doing what many ex-LLR consultants are doing. They've discovered they can go on Alibaba and get the same clothes much, much cheaper. Garrison's doing the same thing.

ETA: out of curiosity, I went to her Shopify site and was able to find the dolman sleeve cardigan and the camo sweater on Amazon, along with numerous variations on the "fueled by caffeine and chaos" t shirt. But hey, she'll probably sell a ton because she's an influencer

It’s a step up from MLM and would be ideal income as a SAHM I’ll give her that, but the only reason she will have any success hawking clothes, is due to her sycophant fan following from Sister Wives. I can’t really begrudge her capitalising on her platform as at least she’s not pulling innocent people into a pyramid scheme anymore, buuuut it’s still a lazy way to start a clothing business.

It just makes me respect Logan (and any other Brown child out there) who’s quietly forging their own private path to separate success and who wouldn’t dream of using their fans to make money. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

It’s a step up from MLM and would be ideal income as a SAHM I’ll give her that, but the only reason she will have any success hawking clothes, is due to her sycophant fan following from Sister Wives. I can’t really begrudge her capitalising on her platform as at least she’s not pulling innocent people into a pyramid scheme anymore, buuuut it’s still a lazy way to start a clothing business.

It just makes me respect Logan (and any other Brown child out there) who’s quietly forging their own private path to separate success and who wouldn’t dream of using their fans to make money. 

And in the end, Logan will be more successful and content, I think. He seems pretty content now. 

• Love 13
55 minutes ago, neh said:

You know, it will be pretty awful if they show Maddie's second birthing experience and the discovery that her daughter has special needs.

I believe that is the plan.  And what a great money grab.  Their sycophants will be setting up a GoFundMe page.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, neh said:

You know, it will be pretty awful if they show Maddie's second birthing experience and the discovery that her daughter has special needs.

Apparently they knew before she was born from ultrasounds that Evie would be missing some bones in her limbs & extremities, but I expect TLC and the Browns to do a cringeworthy and loud job of showing it.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, neh said:

I’m sure they will show it. That’s the dill if you sign up to a reality show and the whole reason why ol’ Mare couldn’t quietly sweep her embarrassing catfish situation under the rug. They want to see the good and especially the bad times and this family sold their souls to the TLC gravy train. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I’m sure they will show it. That’s the dill if you sign up to a reality show and the whole reason why ol’ Mare couldn’t quietly sweep her embarrassing catfish situation under the rug. They want to see the good and especially the bad times and this family sold their souls to the TLC gravy train. 

Maybe Maddie was REALLY worried about Caleb's health when she had Axel and really wanted help when she found out about the new baby but how desperate do you have to be to have your births on television (especially when you're giving birth in a not terribly clean bathtub.)  Granted I do not have children but I really think it would have to come down to:  Either I have a baby on TV or I have a baby in my truck - and I seriously think that it may be old, but it's still a pretty nice truck.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 1/31/2020 at 8:03 AM, Kohola3 said:

I think that staying off social media might be a good start.  You know she's getting all kinds of useless "help" from the sycophants who have no experience in dealing with issues.  I hope she's found a support group that deals with kids with this problem;  experience makes the best teacher and they usually have sources for all kinds of assistance.

I mean she could... but she's no different than 90% of the young moms I know.  If her parents wouldn't have put her on tv she'd probably still post all the same stuff.  And it gives her people to talk to other than her family - which honestly they probably don't understand what she's going through with Evie either. 

On 2/3/2020 at 6:37 PM, Joan of Argh said:

rsz_screenshot_733.jpg

Maybe this is why she doesn't want to be blonde? She's her mom's twin! 

• Love 4

Axle  is a hot mess. Thank goodness I did not have to deal with this type of child as a mother. I did have to deal with this type of a child a a Special Education teacher. It is not easy for the school or the family. Maddie and Caleb have a rough row to hoe, so to speak.

• Love 12

Meh he’s two years old. Most two year olds don't want to sit still posing and having a camera shoved in their face constantly, just so mummy can use you as a prop for all her followers. It’s not like she does it periodically, you know she’s on her phone constantly snapping and directing him. Poor kid.

I have plenty of photos of my toddler where he isn’t happy to be photographed, personally I choose to respect my kid’s feelings at that time and  would not post those ones to a world of judgement on social media. Maddie has a choice about how about how her son is portrayed by the masses and she’s throwing him under the bus as a sad, cranky sour child when in reality he’s a probably a normal two year old with lots of feelings he can’t control, who just wants her attention and for her to put the damn phone away.  

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Maddie has a choice about how about how her son is portrayed by the masses and she’s throwing him under the bus as a sad, cranky sour child when in reality he’s a probably a normal two year old with lots of feelings he can’t control, who just wants her attention and for her to put the damn phone away.  

They had better put aside money for therapy for that poor kid.  I can't even imagine what it will be like when he's old enough to see what his mother posted for all the world to see.  When he takes to robbing convenience stores with pantyhose on his head he has a good defense - "look how I was raised".

• LOL 3
On 2/11/2020 at 6:04 PM, deirdra said:

Apparently they knew before she was born from ultrasounds that Evie would be missing some bones in her limbs & extremities, but I expect TLC and the Browns to do a cringeworthy and loud job of showing it.

They knew, but once she was born they realized it was worse than what they were expecting.  

• Love 1
23 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I fill for Maddie, having to dill with her son's meltdowns.  He so rarely looks happy, and like Joan says, hates the camera.  Evie is darling.  It looks like she's thinking, "why are you upset THIS time?"

According to Maddie that was the best pic of the bunch... I can't imagine what the other pics looked like if that was the best... Jeeez.... Poor kid.

Yesterday Maddie had a little video of Axel counting and he was obviously getting a treat to do it because he says 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... then he lurches forward and reaches toward Maddie all excited with his hands grasping and he's happy because he's getting a treat.

JMO but he was probably expecting a candy or treat of some type to sit for the pic and when that didn't happen he lost his shit.

She's posted a couple different videos in the past of Axel wanting candy and having a full blown tantrum with him screaming, crying and covered in sweat while she ignores him and films it all..... She obviously wants sympathy and she gets it by showing what a handful Axel is.

• Love 4

If Axel expects a treat every time he does what his parents tell him, that isn't going to turn out well.  The thing with recording him constantly isn't doing him or anyone else any good, and it's too bad that Maddie's doing these things to drum up sympathy or whatever her reasoning is.

Like you said, if that's the best picture, IMO she shouldn't have posted anything at all.  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Like you said, if that's the best picture, IMO she shouldn't have posted anything at all.  

Exactly.  Rather than posing the kids for pictures on demand, why not take pictures of them when they are playing and happily living their lives?  Get down at their level and use the zoom feature so that they are not even aware you are taking a picture. No candy required.

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Rather than posing the kids for pictures on demand, why not take pictures of them when they are playing and happily living their lives?  Get down at their level and use the zoom feature so that they are not even aware you are taking a picture. No candy required.

I'll see you one and raise you one.

How about putting down the damned camera and getting down to play with them.  Stop recording every little nuance and enjoy their smiles while they are little.  They will appreciate the attention and maybe the binky/bribery crap will go by the wayside.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

Exactly.  Rather than posing the kids for pictures on demand, why not take pictures of them when they are playing and happily living their lives?  Get down at their level and use the zoom feature so that they are not even aware you are taking a picture. No candy required.

Well apparently this has become a thing with new mom's... They dress the children in matching outfits and take pics of them "matchy matching"...  Axel in white top and jeans and Evie in white top and jeans.... I noticed the Roloff family are doing the same thing.

Maddie refers to it in the post...

She also added this hashtag that sounds resentful and it's directed at Axel..... #heaven forbid mom try to document HIS childhood

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

She also added this hashtag that sounds resentful and it's directed at Axel..... #heaven forbid mom try to document HIS childhood

It's not rilly "his" childhood if it only consists of responding to demands of his social media whore mother. Axelbrush is just a prop in her motherhood.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 14
On 2/12/2020 at 3:19 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

Maddie has a choice about how about how her son is portrayed by the masses and she’s throwing him under the bus as a sad, cranky sour child when in reality he’s a probably a normal two year old with lots of feelings he can’t control, who just wants her attention and for her to put the damn phone away.  

+++++ one trillion.

23 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

According to Maddie that was the best pic of the bunch... I can't imagine what the other pics looked like if that was the best... Jeeez.... Poor kid.

THAT was the best picture of the bunch??  He's clearly melting down here, so perhaps it wasn't the best time to play "Sit Still and Smile for Mommy!" Seriously, take the damn picture another time or - horrors - NOT AT ALL.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 9

I'm guessing here, but maybe Caleb is a football fan and kept these as a collectible.  Mr. Xword still has a six-pack of Mash beer from the 70's.  It's displayed on our playroom bar.  Too bad we didn't buy Billy Beer from the 70's, too!

It's nice that Axel looks happy here, and Maddie does too.  That self-portrait definitely looks better than that creepy drawing Robyn had made, that replaced her first husband with Kootie.  

• Love 17
26 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm guessing here, but maybe Caleb is a football fan and kept these as a collectible.  Mr. Xword still has a six-pack of Mash beer from the 70's.  It's displayed on our playroom bar.  Too bad we didn't buy Billy Beer from the 70's, too!

It's nice that Axel looks happy here, and Maddie does too.  That self-portrait definitely looks better than that creepy drawing Robyn had made, that replaced her first husband with Kootie.  

Ohhhh OK...  I'm not a football fan so the significance was lost on me.

Yes it's nice to see Axel happy and enjoying Maddie's attention.. He's a cute little guy when he smiles it kind of breaks my heart to see him so unhappy all the time... She needs to do this type of thing more often 👍

Is it a self portrait of Maddie?.... I can't tell 🤔

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, CocoPuffs said:

Eww, and I believe she and some of her other family members would go literally days without showering.

Hey, I understand the difficulties of motherhood. One of my kids even has a chronic illness. But I and millions of other women just like me (and many under way more difficult circumstances) put one foot in front of the other and get up and do what needs to be done. And many, many of us also work outside the home. And none of us have a TV show or adoring “fans” blowing smoke up our hinnies and telling us how great, inspirational, beautiful and strong we are. We do what needs to be done. Period.

Sick of the Browns (and so many other incredibly average “celebrities”) waving their “look at me” flags.

My thoughts exactly, ewwwwww

Your kids learn from you including their personal hygiene... No, No, No to wearing the same leggings for a week...  that's a yeast factory in the making.. Not to mention the smell. 😫

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I've never had kids but doesn't it take like a minute to change clothes? Just throw the dirty leggings in the wash with the kids' laundry for crying out loud. 

Or maybe Maddie does her laundry with a washboard by the stream, beating it with a stick.

• LOL 17

Maddie should dial up her other mother Christine, and tell her thank you.

Honestly, she makes being a mom sound like a total drag.  I admit, I only had one child, but I felt extremely lucky to be a SAHM for over two years, all without social media.  

I wonder what these kids will think when they look back on their childhood, all documented.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Maddie should dial up her other mother Christine, and tell her thank you.

Honestly, she makes being a mom sound like a total drag.  I admit, I only had one child, but I felt extremely lucky to be a SAHM for over two years, all without social media.  

I wonder what these kids will think when they look back on their childhood, all documented.  

I think this has been mentioned here before:  Maddie needs to find some real-life friends, preferably SAHMs of similarly-aged children, to commiserate and bitch with.  She doesn't need to share her struggles with millions of online strangers.  It's really not a good look.

• Love 15
32 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Maddie needs to find some real-life friends, preferably SAHMs of similarly-aged children, to commiserate and bitch with. 

And join the support group that consists of parents of kids with Evie's condition.  She could probably benefit from experienced parents of these children.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I'm old a bit over 70. My kids never had "binkies" never sucked their fingers... well occasionally but never stuck. To me it is just lazy parenting to stick a binky in their mouth to quiet them. How well is that going for Axel??

• Love 7