Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

In that top photo Maddie has the exact same sour expression Axel usually has. All she needs is a binky. Since noticing it, I've seen it in quite a few photos Ah, so, that's where he gets it. Sad.  

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

rsz_screenshot_593.jpg

rsz_screenshot_594.jpg

The child is trying to connect with her mother and Maddie acts as if it's an inconvenience to her to have Avi "clawing at her face".

Hunter grew up fast in just 7 years.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

The child is trying to connect with her mother and Maddie acts as if it's an inconvenience to her to have Avi "clawing at her face".

Hunter grew up fast in just 7 years.

I think she might have the date wrong on that pic...

• Useful 4
12 hours ago, Higgins said:

That’s it. I was paraphrasing. 

I figured.

The brain is a trippy mechanism, innit? I can't even begin to remember the last time I thought of that adage and then someone said something that flipped a switch to the "way back" file. LOL 

• Love 5

13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I'm not sure what she means with the hashtag "Evies mood is real for me"  😐

like Evie is being mean and clawing her?

Maddie talks in riddles like all the other Browns

It means she needs to STFU, put down the phone, and stop acting like she's the only overwhelmed mother on Planet Earth.  And if I'm not mistaken, that's the second photo I've seen of Evie touching Maddie's face and Maddie acting as if it's so annoying.  That makes me ragey.  

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

It means she needs to STFU, put down the phone, and stop acting like she's the only overwhelmed mother on Planet Earth.  And if I'm not mistaken, that's the second photo I've seen of Evie touching Maddie's face and Maddie acting as if it's so annoying.  That makes me ragey.  

I have never, ever seen another mother not reach out and kiss that little hand in the same circumstance.  This lack of bonding may explain some of Axel's issues.

• Love 13
54 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

As much as Maddie couldn't wait to get married and pregnant, I wonder if she would have been happier single, or married without kids.  She rilly seems ill-suited for motherhood.  

Remember how she wanted to be an attorney? 
I don't think she even ever had a part time job while she was a teen. I am NOT a parent but my father always instilled in me how important a work ethic and saving for the future is. 
So my thought is that she had it easy, then when she went to University, it was just too hard for her. Caleb liked her, she liked him, he had a job, he's old fashioned so he wouldn't expect her to work in a Real Job.  
I don't doubt that she loves her kids but...

• Love 9
On 1/20/2020 at 12:49 PM, Elbow said:

I wonder if she and/or Caleb are re-evaluating their "no social safety net" politics now that they have a child who has serious, lifelong physical disabilities. 

I am sure not.  She is a Brown.  It will be handled by GOFUNDME and other various grifting.  

• Love 1

Can this baby even use her other hand or either of her feet? Would think her mother would encourage  her in anything she is able to do period. Clawing her face? What kind of mother says that about her baby touching her face?

• Love 9

JMO but I get a selfish vibe from Maddie...

The way she handled her wedding didn't seem to take anyone else's feeling into consideration, she used to boast that she's "straight forward" and  tells it like it is but sometimes people use that to be selfish or rude.

The way she practically chased Janelle and Kody out of her apartment when they moved her to school was so insensitive... And while I'm sure she gets her selfish nature from Kody I kind of thought she would take her mother's feeling into consideration but nope, get out! 

She acts the same way with Axel and now Evie only she can't just kick her kids out like she did her parents so she begrudgingly puts up with Axel's tantrums and Evie's little hands.

This is the 2ND time she's acted annoyed with Evie touching her face and she posted a frowning face pic that time too.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

JMO but I get a selfish vibe from Maddie...

This is the 2ND time she's acted annoyed with Evie touching her face and she posted a frowning face pic that time too.

She needs a sister wife to watch her kids for her, and help raise them.   TIC

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, laurakaye said:

It means she needs to STFU, put down the phone, and stop acting like she's the only overwhelmed mother on Planet Earth.  

She and Audrey from "Little People, Big World" are in competition for the crown.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

CB9F7C92-7957-44EC-8F1E-8A23C01AAA8D.jpeg

And that would be Maddie's kids - eating butter from the tub.    WTH?  Who buys butter in a "tub"?  Kerrysgold doesn't come in tubs.   Is she talking about lard?  Crisco? *

* Yes, yes I know -Madison's million likes post was written tongue in cheek.  It's still stupid.

Edited by Kyanight
Cuz I can.
  • LOL 7
5 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

rsz_screenshot_604.jpg

WAIT WHAT!  Aren't they making the announcement on this Sunday's episode which was filmed Dec. 24th or 25th 2018??  Why is she saying JANUARY 25th?

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Kyanight said:

And that would be Maddie's kids - eating butter from the tub.    WTH?  Who buys butter in a "tub"?  Kerrysgold doesn't come in tubs.   Is she talking about lard?  Crisco? *

* Yes, yes I know -Madison's million likes post was written tongue in cheek.  It's still stupid.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that gramma Janelle buys butter by the tub....   😋

Janelle buys peppermint tea by the ton so why not butter by the tub... I wouldn't even be surprised if Janelle filled her bath tub with butter and wallowed in it.

3 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

WAIT WHAT!  Aren't they making the announcement on this Sunday's episode which was filmed Dec. 24th or 25th 2018??  Why is she saying JANUARY 25th?

thats what i thought...  didn't she announce it at the Kootie christmas?

• LOL 5
23 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

They cannot separate their version of history from the truth.  And for all we know they filmed the Christmas episode sometime in January.  It must be exhausting trying to keep track of the lies.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that gramma Janelle buys butter by the tub....   😋

Janelle buys peppermint tea by the ton so why not butter by the tub... I wouldn't even be surprised if Janelle filled her bath tub with butter and wallowed in it.

thats what i thought...  didn't she announce it at the Kootie christmas?

I thought they meant margarine, like I Cant Believe Its Not Butter. I do buy butter -real butter - in little tubs though. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I thought they meant margarine, like I Cant Believe Its Not Butter. I do buy butter -real butter - in little tubs though. 

I've always bought my butter in sticks not sure if I've ever seen a tub of butter... Good to know.. Is it soft for spreading when you buy it in tub?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Christmas (or any other major holiday) for reality shows is not filmed on the holiday.  The crew gets the holiday off to spend with their own families and the reality participants just make an episode before or after.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Absolom said:

Christmas (or any other major holiday) for reality shows is not filmed on the holiday.  The crew gets the holiday off to spend with their own families and the reality participants just make an episode before or after.  

The only conclusion I can draw then, is that Maddie is so anxious to rush to print with every thought that crosses her mind, that she inadvertently broke the "4th wall", OR, that she doesn't give the viewers credit for the ability to figure out the lack of continuity from the program to her Instagram postings.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Absolom said:

That makes sense! And maybe thats why a goodly percentage of the grown kids weren't at the "presentation".  With two boys in the military (Garrison and Paedon), and the others with either full time jobs or other families to see over the holidays, OR like Logan and Michelle, JUST NOT WANTING TO PARTICIPATE, they probably didn't show up until Christmas Eve or Day. 

• Love 8

Well...and I can't believe I'm defending a Brown here...it's also possible that Maddie told the Browns at or around Christmas but announced to her social media "world" in January after family and friends had been personally notified. I did something similar when I was expecting.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I wonder if they're available in Canada?... I don't recall ever seeing those brands.

Dairy brands are typically regional.  Canada's dairy cartel probably has rules against adding cheap oils to make spreadables and calling it "butter", since I have only seen tubs of "butter" in the US, not Alberta.  (Real) butter in Canada typically comes in 454g blocks rather than 4 "sticks" per package, unless you buy the specialty brands that cost twice as much.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

They cannot separate their version of history from the truth.  And for all we know they filmed the Christmas episode sometime in January.  It must be exhausting trying to keep track of the lies.

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

The only conclusion I can draw then, is that Maddie is so anxious to rush to print with every thought that crosses her mind, that she inadvertently broke the "4th wall", OR, that she doesn't give the viewers credit for the ability to figure out the lack of continuity from the program to her Instagram postings.

Most likely that is the date that she announced being pregnant on her Instagram account, so that would be the "announcement anniversary date" for her...the show is its own thing.

• Love 6
On 1/15/2020 at 5:04 PM, Sandy W said:

Isn't that the goal of every parent, to raise healthy kids that grow and someday become independent.

<snip>

Of course, that doesn't mean as you marvel as they learn and grow you don't also feel some sadness when they progress out of each stage and march confidently towards the inevitable day when they leave the nest.

On 1/16/2020 at 9:12 AM, Juliegirlj said:

I thought polygamists were supposed to be thrifty! Maddie could have packed those little boy clothes away for when one of her siblings have a little boy. 

I didn't assume that she wasn't packing them up for future siblings or cousins.  I would be shocked if she was throwing them away but I would feel no ill will towards her if instead she were donating them or even taking them to a resell shop.  All three of the reuse options are very valid choices with different benefits.

On 1/22/2020 at 5:27 PM, Kohola3 said:

Which is why having all of those extra mothers and siblings is such a blessing.  So many people to come and help her out.

Wait.  Nobody has.  Polygamy at its best.

Well, I'm sure the extra mothers and siblings would be happy to help her out if they all were a little closer geographically, this one can't be pinned on the foibles of polygamy only the realities of the modern world and transient nature of life today.

Please excuse a bit of a rant that has been building for quite sometime...

re: the expressions of difficulty, or feelings of sorrow, or assumptions of angst in regards to Evie...  As a mother of a 21 yr old with a genetic disability, I did not and do not appreciate when people try to offer "comfort" with platitudes such as "I'm sorry for...", "It must be so hard for you...", "He will have a difficult life...", "You're so strong/ amazing/ resourceful/ etc...", etc, etc, etc and almost always with a look of pity in their eyes and sorrowful expression.  Just the opposite, I HATE it!  My son is NOT a challenge, he is NOT a hardship, he is NOT a lot of work, he is NOT living a pitiful life, he is NOT struggling through exceptional difficulties, and neither am I.  Like ALL well adjusted children and young adults, he IS content with who he is, he IS doing the best he is able, he IS joyful and happy, he IS contributing, he IS thriving, and he IS a reminder to everyone that we are ALL worthy and have value.  Just like all children, no two people are alike, everyone faces challenges and difficulties, no one is immune and everyone enhances the lives around them in very different and individual ways and just like my daughter, he has brought a great deal of joy and enrichment to my life.  So what can you say when you find out someone has a child born with a disability?  "Congratulations on the birth of you son/daughter.  Let me know if there is anything I can do.  Maybe bring a casserole for dinner since you'll be busy and tired with a newborn?"  /rant

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Useful 2
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, sharkerbaby said:

Of course, that doesn't mean as you marvel as they learn and grow you don't also feel some sadness when they progress out of each stage and march confidently towards the inevitable day when they leave the nest.

I didn't assume that she wasn't packing them up for future siblings or cousins.  I would be shocked if she was throwing them away but I would feel no ill will towards her if instead she were donating them or even taking them to a resell shop.  All three of the reuse options are very valid choices with different benefits.

Well, I'm sure the extra mothers and siblings would be happy to help her out if they all were a little closer geographically, this one can't be pinned on the foibles of polygamy only the realities of the modern world and transient nature of life today.

Please excuse a bit of a rant that has been building for quite sometime...

re: the expressions of difficulty, or feelings of sorrow, or assumptions of angst in regards to Evie...  As a mother of a 21 yr old with a genetic disability, I did not and do not appreciate when people try to offer "comfort" with platitudes such as "I'm sorry for...", "It must be so hard for you...", "He will have a difficult life...", "You're so strong/ amazing/ resourceful/ etc...", etc, etc, etc and almost always with a look of pity in their eyes and sorrowful expression.  Just the opposite, I HATE it!  My son is NOT a challenge, he is NOT a hardship, he is NOT a lot of work, he is NOT living a pitiful life, he is NOT struggling through exceptional difficulties, and neither am I.  Like ALL well adjusted children and young adults, he IS content with who he is, he IS doing the best he is able, he IS joyful and happy, he IS contributing, he IS thriving, and he IS a reminder to everyone that we are ALL worthy and have value.  Just like all children, no two people are alike, everyone faces challenges and difficulties, no one is immune and everyone enhances the lives around them in very different and individual ways and just like my daughter, he has brought a great deal of joy and enrichment to my life.  So what can you say when you find out someone has a child born with a disability?  "Congratulations on the birth of you son/daughter.  Let me know if there is anything I can do.  Maybe bring a casserole for dinner since you'll be busy and tired with a newborn?"  /rant

That's because you are not obsessed with playing "I can top that."  You are making the assumption that everybody has things in their life that don't go as planned.  You can either deal with the curves life deals you or you can wallow.  The Browns are all wallowers ("We're so persecuted."  "I can't have a legal marriage."  "It's HAAAAARD.") and Maddie seems to following her training.  "I'm an exhausted mother dealing with a toddler and a special needs baby."  "There are people on the internet who criticize the things I do raising my children."  Seriously, did she REALLY expect to only get kudos, admiration, and smoke blown up her ass?  IT'S THE INTERNET!  People are sometimes mean simply because they can be.  When you put your entire life on social media sometimes people will react in a way you don't like.  Deal with it.  (End MY rant😀)

• Love 12
2 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

e: the expressions of difficulty, or feelings of sorrow, or assumptions of angst in regards to Evie...  As a mother of a 21 yr old with a genetic disability, I did not and do not appreciate when people try to offer "comfort" with platitudes such as "I'm sorry for...", "It must be so hard for you...", "He will have a difficult life...", "You're so strong/ amazing/ resourceful/ etc...", etc, etc, etc and almost always with a look of pity in their eyes and sorrowful expression.  Just the opposite, I HATE it!  My son is NOT a challenge, he is NOT a hardship, he is NOT a lot of work, he is NOT living a pitiful life, he is NOT struggling through exceptional difficulties, and neither am I.  Like ALL well adjusted children and young adults, he IS content with who he is, he IS doing the best he is able, he IS joyful and happy, he IS contributing, he IS thriving, and he IS a reminder to everyone that we are ALL worthy and have value.  Just like all children, no two people are alike, everyone faces challenges and difficulties, no one is immune and everyone enhances the lives around them in very different and individual ways and just like my daughter, he has brought a great deal of joy and enrichment to my life.  So what can you say when you find out someone has a child born with a disability?  "Congratulations on the birth of you son/daughter.  Let me know if there is anything I can do.  Maybe bring a casserole for dinner since you'll be busy and tired with a newborn?"  /rant

Beautiful rant!!  So very true!  

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Presumably #thatswhatmylifeis.  W is next to E on the keyboard and she doesn't care enough about her followers to proofread.

She says "I struggle with that, the controller in me wants to have it all planned to the T and it to go the way it should"

maybe she should start with spelling or proofreading a little

her whole rant sounded silly... of course things don't go exactly as we plan even the most dedicated people who follow a strict routine have to change or alter course occasionally ... that's LIFE

I think she's remembering being a young woman with no cares starting college and where she could be right now if she had followed that course and she wants to validate her choices.

She chose to marry young and pop out a couple kids and now she's stuck at home all day with a toddler and a new baby while Caleb is gone for work and she doesn't have any family close enough to help her.... not much fun.

• Love 10

Maddie never really seemed like a controller to me.  She has been more of an avoider - tuned out during family activities, certainly not controlling anything or any one, and a college drop out.  She cannot even control herself.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7
On 1/22/2020 at 7:02 PM, Kyanight said:

Not to defend Kody but.... once a woman marries she belongs in the husband's family.  I've never personally known any father who traveled anywhere when one of his kids started having children.  Usually there are so many kids having so many grandbabies that it's just not feasible.

A daughter remains a daughter for all of her life, a son until he takes a wife.  My late Father would never have missed the birth of one of his grandchildren and he did have to travel for two of them.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Maddie never really seemed like a controller to me.  She has been more of an avoider - tuned out during family activities, certainly not controlling anything or any one, and a college drop out.  She cannot even control herself.

Just like her own mother.  🤢

• Love 6
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

exactly..... Maddie is anything but a controller or perfectionist... a perfectionist wouldn't post the shit that Maddie posts lol.

Maddie is just like Janelle... she looks exactly like Janelle and I predict she'll be as big as Janelle in a few years.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, endure said:

A daughter remains a daughter for all of her life, a son until he takes a wife.  My late Father would never have missed the birth of one of his grandchildren and he did have to travel for two of them.

I understand that.  But I am not talking about monogamous families.  I am talking about plural families where the father might have 19 kids and each of THOSE kids might have between four and eight kids.  I have not known any of them to travel to another state for each and every birth, especially when their wives might still be pregnant and having new little ones themselves.  You can't look at a zebra and expect it to behave like a horse even though they are similar - that's a saying I once heard.  You are looking at two entirely different dynamics of family.  It doesn't mean the father doesn't care about the grandchildren, but practicality for THEIR way of life comes into play here.  

Edited by Kyanight
I can't spill correctly.
  • Useful 5
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Maddie is just like Janelle... she looks exactly like Janelle and I predict she'll be as big as Janelle in a few years.

I've always thought Maddie died her hair unnatural shades of black and red to not look exactly like Janelle, starting when she was 15.  There is probably 10+ years of deep seated stuff going on between them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I understand that.  But I am not talking about monogamous families.  I am talking about plural families where the father might have 19 kids and each of THOSE kids might have between four and eight kids.  I have not known any of them to travel to another state for each and every birth, especially when their wives might still be pregnant and having new little ones themselves.  You can't look at a zebra and expect it to behave like a horse even though they are similar - that's a saying I once heard.  You are looking at two entirely different dynamics of family.  It doesn't mean the father doesn't care about the grandchildren, but practicality for THEIR way of life comes into play here.  

I didn't realize you were just referring tp plural families, a totally different story - thanks for that!

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

exactly..... Maddie is anything but a controller or perfectionist... a perfectionist wouldn't post the shit that Maddie posts lol.

I don't know.  I think Maddie has done pretty good at keeping her weight down.  I think she is the smallest of all the kids of Kody.  She probably makes sure she doesn't let her weight creep up very much.  Janelle's kids are all short so yes they will have to worry about weight.

• Love 4

Well, Kootie stated at Maddie's weddingk, that she (Maddie) was under her birth weight at 6 months old.  I would have freaked out, if my daughter hadn't gained an ounce at her 3-week checkup, FFS.  I don't buy for a second that they would have had the law after them had they taken her to a pediatrician and asked her/him how to help her!

• Love 3

Did baby Maddie even go to a pediatrician regularly?  The law wouldn't be after you if you kept up appointments and were following the doctors' advice.  Or did they wait until she was 6 mos old and then take her to the hospital?  Aspyn, Mariah & Maddie were all born in an 8 month period, and Logan was 18 mos when Maddie was born, so it is not as if they had no clue what normal growth rates are for infants.  Did Janelle wean her kids onto cabbage juice?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3