Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

(edited)

One thing to remember about this virus is that while they can find traces of it for differing periods of time depending on the surface, that doesn't mean it's viable.  You can find the DNA weeks later but it's kind of like finding a fingerprint at a murder scene - it doesn't mean the murderer is nearby, just that he was at the scene at some point.

With that said, take all of the precautions you want, they cannot hurt.  I'm sheltering in place because, as many of you say, it's not so much that I might get it, it's that I would never want to be the cause of someone else catching it from me.

I am still flummoxed that Maddie made that birth all about her - "I don't like hospitals" rather than, "I am a mother and no matter what I like or don't like, the health of my child comes first".  But, you know, the Brown Family mantra - All About Me.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 15
52 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

And her fun fact says it "affects" all 4 limbs...

I still can't get the sight of her slimey coated tongue out of my head... 😲

Now I'm flashing back to Kootie's gross coated tongue, when he demonstrated how Areola stuck her tongue out.  That was so awful!  

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Why is that cardboard box sitting there in range of her kids?  Isn't it a fact that cardboard holds the CV contamination longer than a hard surface?  Even if she wiped it down, there could still be spores in the absorbent cardboard.

#advocatelikeamotherandsafeguardyourkids.

4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

So many conflicting stories!  Could drive one mad trying to keep it all straight, still better to err on the side of caution and not plunk something that obviously came from a source outside the home within easy reach of toddlers and babies.

Wow you have an awesome computer that you can see a ship date on that box to know that it came into the house recently!  

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

Wow you have an awesome computer that you can see a ship date on that box to know that it came into the house recently!  

Nope, I don't have a special computer that allows me to read the shipping date but I do have enough concern for babies that I would not permit them near that grotty looking box or for that matter, what appears to be outdoor shoes or boots in the top of the picture.

If that makes me judgmental, so be it.🤷‍♀️

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Nope, I don't have a special computer that allows me to read the shipping date but I do have enough concern for babies that I would not permit them near that grotty looking box or for that matter, what appears to be outdoor shoes or boots in the top of the picture.

If that makes me judgmental, so be it.🤷‍♀️

That whole area looks dirty...boots kicked here and there..filthy old cardboard box... and a baby crawling around...Yuck!

If that's judgemental...  I'm OK with that 😀

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

And her fun fact says it "affects" all 4 limbs...

JoA, you know I love you. But, I think . . . 

"Affects" is correct here, as it is a verb; it does something. 

If she had written "It has an affect" that would be incorrect, as it should be "It has an effect."  Effect is a noun.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Since we are all going crazy with our isolation with nothing much to do I will chime in.  You are right, affect is used correctly here.

However, it's not just a verb, it is also a noun when used to describe a psychological condition as in "the patient has a flat affect".  Don't remember much from my psych rotation in nursing school in the last century but I remember that one.  Was working with patients who had been in a mental hospital for decades and, believe me, between the meds and the boredom they ALL had flat affects!

Come to think of it, I'm leaning that way myself these days....

• Love 7
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

JoA, you know I love you. But, I think . . . 

If she had written "It has an affect" that would be incorrect, as it should be "It has an effect."  Effect is a noun.

I stand corrected, thanks AZ. ❤

• Love 2

I hope Maddie and Caleb are done growing their family. Not because of anything to do with their daughter, but because she just doesn’t seem cut out for raising a large family. Maddie never seems happy or content to me. 

• Love 20
6 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I hope Maddie and Caleb are done growing their family. Not because of anything to do with their daughter, but because she just doesn’t seem cut out for raising a large family. Maddie never seems happy or content to me. 

I agree. The only time I've ever really seen her happy is when she was engaged/newly-married to Caleb. She seems to resent her children a lot, and Caleb doesn't seem happy either.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

what's a founder effect?

It's also known as Genetic Drift and Bottleneck Effect.

Someone posted the information a while back when we first heard of Evie's condition, I don't recall who it was.

Anyways it involves an initial colony of people who don't branch out genetically and there's inbreeding etc, if you Google "FATCO founder effects" there's information.

• Love 8

Omg, Madison has a video in her Instagram stories (I don't know how to embed a frame here), that shows Axel rolling around in a bunch of packing material from a box she just opened. 

Does she not understand the dangers in this world? 

Especially now, kids need limits. As we've discussed, she's obviously never set any for him. This video is just so, so, so wrong. On so many levels. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Omg, Madison has a video in her Instagram stories (I don't know how to embed a frame here), that shows Axel rolling around in a bunch of packing material from a box she just opened. 

Especially now, kids need limits. As we've discussed, she's obviously never set any for him. This video is just so, so, so wrong. On so many levels. 

Would we expect any less from Maddie?  Didn't she grow up without any boundaries or supervision because Christine was too busy not using a toaster but burning bread in her oven?  Not to mention having so many kids to care for and look after just herself for 10 to 15 hours per day.  I am not justifying Christine's parenting skills, not at all.  Just not surprised at the way Maddie lets her son do anything he wants and wherever he wants too.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

It's also known as Genetic Drift and Bottleneck Effect.

Someone posted the information a while back when we first heard of Evie's condition, I don't recall who it was.

Anyways it involves an initial colony of people who don't branch out genetically and there's inbreeding etc, if you Google "FATCO founder effects" there's information.

Would this be something that skipped several generations?  Janelle was as far as we know not from an original Utah polygamist family.  If is was something it had to have come from Kody's side of the family.  Even though his family were not practicing polygamists until his dad decided to take on two more wives.  Although we do know that Kody, David Jessop and Christine are all cousins.  But with a parent who was not part of that group (Caleb) you would think that would greatly reduce the risk factors.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, deirdra said:

There is a founder effect in Amish people that results in extra fingers and/or toes.

No, Maddie, FATCO is not a "generic" anomaly, it is a GENETIC anomaly.

That's what I though genetic, not generic.  Could be auto correct.  My phone does it sometimes.  Then I'm like, that is not what I said  haha.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

There is a founder effect in Amish people that results in extra fingers and/or toes.

No, Maddie, FATCO is not a "generic" anomaly, it is a GENETIC anomaly.

Exactly and polygamist communities have the same problem and deformities linked to recessive genes

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20170726-the-polygamous-town-facing-genetic-disaster

It's a very rare condition and we can't say whether Evie K's medical condition has anything to do with polygamy but it's a weird coincidence that they find these deformities in Amish and polygamist families.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Here ya go...

Why am I not surprised that she lets Axel roll around in the packing material even though at least where I live we've been told to be careful handling parcels or contents, use gloves and wash hands or leave the parcel in your garage until the virus would be dead.

Here he is literally rolling in the contents and playing with everything

rsz_screenshot_1136.jpg

rsz_screenshot_1137.jpg

(edited)

Also love how she asks if every toddler is this messy...

No they aren't but it means that you set up the play area and have some rules... even toddlers can play with paint and not get it everywhere.

She gave him puddles of paint so large that he can drive his tractors and trucks through it and all over the place.... considering what she gave him I think he did a pretty good job of keeping most of it on the brown paper. 🙄

Still dumb to set him up with paints on the carpet, would make more sense to put it on kitchen floor but whatever, glad I'm not their landlord. 

rsz_screenshot_1138.jpg

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity
  • Love 3

A few years back WalMart sold and then recalled flip flops imported from China that were causing rashes with blisters exactly where they touched skin. 

After analyzing the material and investigating further it was determined that the flip flops were made from defective condoms. Common sense dictated a suspicion that the condoms were used, which China denied, but the rashes/blisters were caused by chemicals used to offset what the condoms may have contained. 

Packing peanuts are a choking hazard and also can cause a respiratory allergic reaction and who knows under what hellish conditions are they manufactured. So yay, Maddie, you're an idiot.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 4/8/2020 at 9:44 AM, Joan of Argh said:

Also love how she asks if every toddler is this messy...

No they aren't but it means that you set up the play area and have some rules... even toddlers can play with paint and not get it everywhere.

She gave him puddles of paint so large that he can drive his tractors and trucks through it and all over the place.... considering what she gave him I think he did a pretty good job of keeping most of it on the brown paper. 🙄

Still dumb to set him up with paints on the carpet, would make more sense to put it on kitchen floor but whatever, glad I'm not their landlord. 

rsz_screenshot_1138.jpg

Exactly Joan. My toddler wouldn’t make that much mess, because I don’t allow him to. I stay active, engaged and present in his activities with paint, so it doesn’t go over the goddam floor. I also wouldn’t give him expensive monster trucks toys to ruin when cheap easy-to-clean paintbrushes are available.  You are the parent Maddie. You are responsible for what he does. Parent. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 13

She’s always so annoyed by her kids. You would think she would have a soft spot for the baby.

She looks ridiculous complaining about her one toddler and one baby, plus she doesn’t work outside the home. Christine took care of how many kids at one time?! Logan room care of, what, six?!

It’s such a shame she isn’t thankful for what she has.

• Love 11

All I can say is that little girl with those gorgeous blue eyes is the most beautiful happy baby I have seen in a lot of years. She is so filled with love she glows...too bad we don't see that glow from mom too.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Poor little Axelbrush hates the camera and he was born to a mother who can't put hers down...*click* *CLICK**click* 😟😩

Just going by this pic I think he'll have the same lockjaw gritted teeth way of talking as his mother AND father 😬....  Is there a name for that?

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Poor little Axelbrush hates the camera and he was born to a mother who can't put hers down...*click* *CLICK**click* 😟😩

Just going by this pic I think he'll have the same lockjaw gritted teeth way of talking as his mother AND father 😬....  Is there a name for that?

Possibly bruxism???  Clenching the jaw or gnashing/grinding the teeth.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Possibly bruxism???  Clenching the jaw or gnashing/grinding the teeth.

People with bruxism usually do it when they are asleep, but Maddie & Caleb do it when they are awake. And Maddie often does it when she is trying to sound smart while over-explaining something and Caleb seems to do it when Maddie is doing it, mirroring her affectation.

• Love 4
On 4/9/2020 at 8:54 PM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

She’s always so annoyed by her kids. You would think she would have a soft spot for the baby.

She looks ridiculous complaining about her one toddler and one baby, plus she doesn’t work outside the home. Christine took care of how many kids at one time?! Logan room care of, what, six?!

It’s such a shame she isn’t thankful for what she has.

True.  As far as we know Christine never complained about watching and taking care of the kids.  I think she was truly a mom at heart and that's all she ever wanted to be.  I think her selling Lularoe , is for money that she needs that is obviously not coming from the family pot.  

At times I don't think some mom's realize that being able to stay at home with their children is a blessing.  I always had to work as a single mother without the help of child support or any government assistance, i would have loved to be able to stay at home with my daughter.  Maybe because there is no discipline in the home it is a struggle for her to deal with her children.  I have thought for some time that Axel might be ADD/ADHD.  He acts a lot like my nephew did at that age.    Hopefully he will outgrow his terrible two's and three's.  

• Love 6

I don’t understand the story that went with this. It was something about juice, and Axel taking something out of it. Maddie panned around the kitchen and there’s juice on the wall, the blinds....

ACC62713-60CE-4C50-811C-84331455A812.jpeg

37 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t understand the story that went with this. It was something about juice, and Axel taking something out of it. Maddie panned around the kitchen and there’s juice on the wall, the blinds....

ACC62713-60CE-4C50-811C-84331455A812.jpeg

I watched that video too and that stuff was everywhere!

I couldn't figure out what she said it was, something juice and I thought she said he added something to it and then threw it all over the kitchen walls, blinds, counters... Blech...what a mess.

AxHELL seems to have a problem playing nicely, she's always posting about messes... Maybe he noticed that the only way he gets attention is by having a meltdown, smashing, hitting, throwing, screaming... 😲

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

My hell, is that grape juice? I hope not because that stuff is nearly indelible on most surfaces. Why would she arm a child who is prone to tantrums with that type of weapon?

I lived through one of the longest nights of my life when my daughter was on a grape juice kick and, for the first time, we visited my husband's aunt in her white on white in white home.

There was no talking little one out of her "joo" bottle and OMG that night she discovered she could hold it by the nipple and flip it around.

When the ordeal was over I asked my husband why he hadn't warned me about her all-white home and he was like "Whut?" Gah.

• LOL 17