Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Day One Of Twenty-Two Thousand, Give Or Take

After a twisted plan left the life of his girlfriend Elena linked to that of his best friend Bonnie, Damon is forced to navigate his new reality without the love of his life. A newly empowered Bonnie has decided that she will be Damon's moral compass and keeps a close eye on him as he, in turn, cautiously keeps tabs on Alaric, following the loss of his fiancée Jo. Meanwhile, as he waits for Caroline to sort out her emotions, Stefan takes an active role in protecting the town from Lily and her family of Heretics, who have wasted no time wreaking havoc in Mystic Falls. Elsewhere, Enzo struggles to find his place in Lily's new life, and is quickly forced to decide where his true loyalties lie. Finally, with the stakes higher than ever, Matt, who has recently completed his deputy training program, teams up with Stefan and Caroline to put a stop to the Heretics, but an unexpected turn of events leaves one of them in a dangerous position.

Clip:

Well, the days in the title is about 60 years, so we will all feel Elena's presence.  That will probably last all year.  I just wish this epic love story would be over!  Can we please focus on Damon marking time without drama for the next 60 years?  Or, if Bonnie would be lucky, she could take herbs and live for at least a hundred years.  Doesn't she know that?

• Love 1

Steroline were cute.
I no longer find Enzo amusing, hopefully he'll be killed soon.
I really don't like Lily and her heretics so they can all die any day now.
Ric has totally lost it, keeping Jo in the freezer is creepy as hell.
The ending was interesting, I really want to know who is hunting Damon and Stefan.
Loved seeing Bonnie have a bit of fun, Kat looked really pretty, but I didn't like that Bonnie helped Damon screw everything up.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Great season opener! I think they've done a good job of keeping the spirit of Elena alive without having everyone pine for her too much.

Didn't expect Damon to break the truce quite that fast (though obviously it was going to happen). Matt's life continues to suck, via the fastest promotion ever. And hi DarkRic! I'm sure that trying to resurrect Jo will go fine with no problems whatsoever.

• Love 4

I'm a het woman and I was swept away by how lovely kat was. Didn't expect to enjoy this ep. I was pleasantly surprised. Loved the bamon teamwork. Poor ric. Matt ought to leave! Will be happy when Damon kills the rest of the heretics.

• Love 1

Blaming Bonnie was a dick move on Matt's part. I'm going to give him the benefit of doubt and believe he's projecting his guilt onto Bonnie. It was Stefan, Caroline, Matt's stupid attempt to blow up the heretics that directly led to Matt's graduating class being slaughtered.

Caroline and Stefan are kind of boring, cute, but not terribly interesting.

The Heretics are also boring. They are pointless and surprisingly childish. When one of them said they were the most powerful beings on Earth I wanted Klaus to jauntily rip each of their hearts out while being as big an asshole as only Klaus can be.

Ric is sort of interesting, but I was never that invested in him outside of his relationship with the Gilberts and his friendship with Damon.

I wish Bonnie had been on her own more. I feel like her character is too subservient to the narrative and the other characters. She's Ric and Damon's babysitter, she wasn't allowed to defend herself against Matt's dumb ass victim blaming, and she didn't have a single scene to herself.

I am intrigued by the flash forward scenes. I wonder if someone was in the other coffin? Who wants Stefan dead?

• Love 3

My guess is Caroline.

I was totally going to call that one.

Blaming Bonnie was a dick move on Matt's part. I'm going to give him the benefit of doubt and believe he's projecting his guilt onto Bonnie. It was Stefan, Caroline, Matt's stupid attempt to blow up the heretics that directly led to Matt's graduating class being slaughtered.

Caroline and Stefan are kind of boring, cute, but not terribly interesting.

The Heretics are also boring. They are pointless and surprisingly childish. When one of them said they were the most powerful beings on Earth I wanted Klaus to jauntily rip each of their hearts out while being as big an asshole as only Klaus can be.

Ric is sort of interesting, but I was never that invested in him outside of his relationship with the Gilberts and his friendship with Damon.

I wish Bonnie had been on her own more. I feel like her character is too subservient to the narrative and the other characters. She's Ric and Damon's babysitter, she wasn't allowed to defend herself against Matt's dumb ass victim blaming, and she didn't have a single scene to herself.

I am intrigued by the flash forward scenes. I wonder if someone was in the other coffin? Who wants Stefan dead?

No, they wouldn't be here if it wasn't Bonnie. It is her fault. It's just a dick move to bring it up. Bonnie has had the less amount of screw ups on this show so people in glass houses and all that.

• Love 3

The Heretics plot is like them copying The Originals and bringing the plots that work there to TVD. 

I did like the return of the diaries. Something they didn't do for so long and failed at. Not seeing Elena and being Elena free was actually pretty refreshing and good. 

• Love 2

I had been enjoying being diary-free. I've always found that narrative to be rather tedious.

We ARE getting to "three years from today" by the end of the season, right? Or sooner? Because it took them six seasons to go three years as it is, I really don't want to wait til season 12 to find out that it's Caroline who's attacking Stefan and Damon.

• Love 1

Why are Lily & her merry band of vampires still on this show? Why is Enzo still on this show? WHHHHHHYYYYYY????????

So when exactly is 3 years from today? Is the show going to continue in 2018, or was the show still in 2012 so now they're in 2015?

Edited by GaT

Well I loved it! So glad it didn't suck

Loved Stefan and Caroline. It's refreshing and sweet and not a triangle of doom, so it gets my vote.

Loved Matt... and his uniform ;)

Really sad for Alaric and his piss poor track record with women and, well, life in general

BUT

I could watch the Damon, Alaric, Bonnie show all day long! Loved them!

Especially still loving Damon and Bonnie, and Damon's little speech about the 3 seconds. Yes, he's being a dick to her, but I get it. And he'd lose his mind if anything bad happened to her. Awwww

While I never was onboard with Elena-hating (and Nina was always top notch), I did not miss Elenas presence at all. Honestly Damon's more fun when he's snarky and brooding anyway.

Also did not miss Tyler or Jeremy.

Don't really care about Enzo, but I'm hopeful that they've found some kind of purpose for him.

Love Lily and the actress who plays her is always delightful.

One thing that annoyed: they really gave up the town fast?! I mean Damon was able to kill one of the 5 heretics pretty easily... No big deal, right? A little coordinated effort and they could have had this done by lunch, no?

Anyway, I really enjoyed it.

So when exactly is 3 years from today? Is the show going to continue in 2018, or was the show still in 2012 so now they're in 2015?

I believe the show is in early to mid 2013, timeline-wise. So three years from now... Assuming they get there around mid season or later, would have them catching up the canon timeline with our current year (2016 being when mid to late season would air). .. Right?

Which, it's about time they catch up. It's annoying trying to remember that the show is so many years behind!

• Love 2

While I never was onboard with Elena-hating (and Nina was always top notch), I did not miss Elenas presence at all.

As another viewer who liked Nina and Elena (more when she was human than as a vampire) I agree with you. I was worried that I wouldn't like the show without Nina Dobrev, but I enjoyed most parts of this episode and I'll continue to watch the show if it continues like this.
  • Love 1

she didn't have a single scene to herself.

I think the scene back at College with Damon was about Bonnie, and I loved what that means for Bamon, that losing Bonnie would *destroy* him. That was pretty much the most interesting thing that happened between the 3 year flash forward teaser and the tag though. OH and I am back to liking Enzo, Steroline bores me THAT much, I can't say how disappointed I was that the Heretics didn't die in one glorious shot. they all suck. 

I assume whoever is after Stefan is the same person who made the Mute Heretic Beau, mute and gave him the same scar Stefan had in the tag. I'd guess it's also tied into Ric and his magic pretty rock. 

Oh and I hope to hell they are NOT bringing Jo back, no one liked her show, it's really not a thing you need to bring back, now his FIRST wife/Elena's mom? Okay now we are talking. 

We ARE getting to "three years from today" by the end of the season, right?

I'm hoping the idea is to go back in forth in the narrative until they meet in the middle kind of, or we're caught up.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 1

My guess is Caroline.

Totally agree. They didn't show the face for future shock factor and it was clearly a woman. Plus, she's been kidnapped by the Heretics, who will probably find a way to manipulate her/glamour her to go after Stefan until the end of the season (is this the end of the series as well? I really hope so) in order to postpone Steroline's happily ever after.

I barely paid attention to the heretics.  Could care less.

Damn and Bonnie FTW.  I love them.  The fact that he's let go of Elena in favor of letting Bonnie live tells me how much he cares about Bonnie and I hope it tells her that too.  The fact that he called her his best friend was pretty telling.

Caroline pretending to be compelled was pretty funny though.

• Love 2

Shallow note but I don't remember Bonnie ever being THIS gorgeous. She was freaking glowing tonight. Maybe it's my new TV but I was actually wondering how Damon was that close to her and not being interested (Elena or no Elena).

• Love 2

Well, thought I would take a look as I thought things might change for 'Lil Ole Bonnie, but I see they haven't.  She is still the magical negro of the show. She can't have a POV, full stop nor can she have a storyline or emotion that isn't bout, because of, or benefits somebody else. Namely Damon in this case.  I'm supposed to think

he's let go of Elena in favor of letting Bonnie live

or

that losing Bonnie would *destroy* him

is sweet and gooey and speaks positively of their relationship?  I say bullshit to that. It's all about him and apparently that's okay with some. Because you know, killing Bonnie, kills Bonnie isn't really the issue, it's all about Damon. Fuck him and this show. 

I'm glad the ratings tanked. Kat, get out!!!!!!!

• Love 1

The hunter who is trying to kill Stefan and Damon in the future is very likely a new character that will be introduced in a few episodes. The same X mark that Stefan had on his chest that was bleeding was seen earlier on the mute heretic, the one named Beau I believe?

The flash forward was actually my favorite scene in the entire episode since I don't give a shit about Elena or Mystic Falls. The actress who plays Lily is awful (IMO) so I'm more than ready for the character to be killed. I'm cautiously ambivalent about the future woman hunter since the last few hunters we saw on the show were pathetically easy to kill and posed ZERO challenge to any of the vampires.

• Love 1

I didn't even notice that Elena-Sue was gone.  I couldn't stand her the last couple of years she was on.  I hope they put away the Pining-Damon soon and focus on him making mischief.  TPTB let Bonnie have good screen time with Damon for the first few eps last year too and she got a bit of good writing and then the writers forgot about her in service to the Delena angst, so here's hoping they remember what treasures they have in Bonnie and Carolyn for the entire season.

I did like the Steroline.  Relationships don't always have to have such contrived circumstances to challenge their longevity and their very existence.  Do you know I have never liked Stefan at all, except for the freak out during the Miss Mystic Falls ball all those years ago, and I really genuinely liked Stefan tonight. I see a difference in the way Paul is playing him.  I think PW may be glad to be done with the Triangle of Doom, too!

Enjoyed Bonnie tasting the "bourbon" and letting Damon know that it was tea.   I could watch Bonnie, Damon and Ric on their own show for a whole season and never get tired of their dynamic.

• Love 2

I hope they put away the Pining-Damon soon and focus on him making mischief. 

Well considering when Stefan woke him up in 3 yrs he had purposely desiccated to wait for Elena to wake up I doubt that thread will get dropped. I am really curious about this hunter too b/c obviously Stefan had been in danger and then thought it had passed or Damon wouldn't have desiccated himself. He knew the story when he woke up but from what Stefan said his "scar" had reactivated. I highly doubt it is Caroline.

I am a huge Delena fan but I liked the direction of the show without Elena. Add me to the list who didn't care for the heretics, especially the catty females. They are way childish. And I too was like yah you aren't the most powerful beings on earth since you are capable of being killed. I'd love for Klaus to tear through the lot of them.

I like Enzo and Ric so I enjoyed both their little stories. But poor Matt. He needs to be more badass.

I didn't think what Bonnie and Damon did was wrong. Stefan and Caroline have never been a huge brain trust, so I thought their little truce was absurd to begin with. Like giving those heretics MF was ever going to keep them in check, with no people around how would there have been any fun in that? They would always still be a huge danger. I just don't understand why Bonnie and Damon stopped at one, plus Damon cares very little for Caroline so how is taking her payback?

Over all I liked it.

• Love 1

Was it just me or did Bonnie seem exceptionally weak on the magic front? I can never tell how strong she's supposed to be as a witch, if she's supposed to be the biggest badass with magic in Mystic Falls, or if she's back to her Season 1 level of magic skill? She couldn't even handle one heretic on her own? Damon had to save her ass in that moment, and that is not something I enjoyed seeing since it's way way past time to have Bonnie be able to save her own ass and be portrayed as a capable witch.

Okay, the heretics are capable of draining magic out of a witch/vampire/ magical creature..so Bonnie knows that, why'd she let the heretic touch her? Rip his heart out from a distance! Set him on fire from 10 feet away! Explode his head!

Edited by grandemocha
  • Love 1

I liked this.  I found that this episode had a more "grown up" feel to it than previous seasons.   Much like I found the Originals to be once they left Mystic Falls.  I feel that the characters are maturing somehow.  Matt being a cop, the loss of Jeremy, Tyler & Elena...it just feels more "adult" now. 

I thought I liked the actress who plays Lily until I bingewatched Bosch over the summer and couldn't stand her character there.  Sort of tainted Lily for me now.  I need the group of heretics to disappear.  I agree with the poster upthread who said that Damon de-hearted the one, why not the rest.  Should be easy-peasy. 

Liked the Damon/Bonnie 3 Second scene.  Love how he called her his best friend.  For someone who was public enemy #1 during the first couple of seasons, Damon sure has a lot of people who want to be friends with him- Ric, Enzo, Bonnie.  Even Caroline told Stefan she doesn't hate Damon. 

Which brings me to the Caroline/Stefan...I never fancied myself a shipper of these two but I may have squeed a little bit when she moved in for the kiss.  I was never a Stefan fan during the Elena years but he has become so much more likeable to me since the triangle ended.  There is something about these two.  I really like them together. 

• Love 3

I thought I liked the actress who plays Lily until I bingewatched Bosch over the summer and couldn't stand her character there.  Sort of tainted Lily for me now.  I need the group of heretics to disappear.

Not much of a tainting, since I don't think we're really supposed to like Lily. She's a psycho. And the actress's character wasn't supposed to be likeable on Bosch either so I feel like she does her job. For what it's worth, I liked her when she played Renee on 24.

I also was not impressed with the heretics. WAY too much screentime spent on them. I just didn't care. They WISH they were as charismatic as Elijah, Rebecca, Kol and Klaus, the latter of whom I never really cared for, but I could still see the charisma.

• Love 1

I didn't think what Bonnie and Damon did was wrong. Stefan and Caroline have never been a huge brain trust, so I thought their little truce was absurd to begin with.

It was wrong (to me) because Damon and Bonnie decided to go ahead with their half assed plan without discussing it with Caroline/Stefan/Matt. Murdering the heretic was ridiculously easy, but their decision to do so doesn't simply affect them. After 7 years (however many it's supposed to be in TVD universe) these idiots never learn to TALK to eachother. Communication is key. Always has been, and always will be. Damon might not give a shit about Caroline..and I doubt she'd shed tears if he ended up impaled on the pointy end of a stake..but Bonnie does care about Caroline and now their recklessness is going to get her tortured...AGAIN. Same shit, different day in Mystic Falls. 

Stefan and Caroline have never been a huge brain trust, so I thought their little truce was absurd to begin with.

...Six words: Moon stone in the soap dish. The majority of the characters on the show (including Damon) aren't particularly bright and that extends far beyond Stefan & Caroline. 

• Love 1

It was wrong (to me) because Damon and Bonnie decided to go ahead with their half assed plan without discussing it with Caroline/Stefan/Matt. Murdering the heretic was ridiculously easy, but their decision to do so doesn't simply affect them. After 7 years (however many it's supposed to be in TVD universe) these idiots never learn to TALK to eachother. Communication is key. Always has been, and always will be. Damon might not give a shit about Caroline..and I doubt she'd shed tears if he ended up impaled on the pointy end of a stake..but Bonnie does care about Caroline and now their recklessness is going to get her tortured...AGAIN. Same shit, different day in Mystic Falls. 

...Six words: Moon stone in the soap dish. The majority of the characters on the show (including Damon) aren't particularly bright and that extends far beyond Stefan & Caroline. 

In fairness, Stefan just gave up the Salvatore boarding house, the town (where Elenas body is) and their life in MF in a deal with Lily (without discussing it with Damon or Bonnie), because the SC plan failed so spectacularly. That plan was reckless, and the result was half the townsfolk are dead. No wonder team badass came back and tried to do something about it. No doubt the consequences of Malcoms demise will be felt when Lily goes all out for revenge.

You are right, they all have moments of brain numbing stupidity, BUT, generally, Stefans plans (if he has one at all) are usually a bust, and Damon and/or Bonnie come through in the end..

Lol at the moonstone though. Too funny.

• Love 2

About Bonnies magic capabilities. I think this time, this was meant to be a team effort from Bamon. A kind of distract and kill strategy, but, yeah, she should have been able to take him on her own all things being equal since heretics can only draw magic from themselves. Hell Bonnie should be able to kill them all single handedly since she has her magic back.

As another viewer who liked Nina and Elena (more when she was human than as a vampire) I agree with you. I was worried that I wouldn't like the show without Nina Dobrev, but I enjoyed most parts of this episode and I'll continue to watch the show if it continues like this.

I am so-so on Elena, and Nina Dobrev tended to grate on me, but while I enjoyed the premier, it's not the same without her.  As this episode went on, though, I tried to look at it more like a spin-off, which helped.  Dare I be too optimistic, but I think the heretics have the potential to be great big bads for the season.

Oh and I hope to hell they are NOT bringing Jo back, no one liked her show,

*small voice* I did, and I'd love to see her (and her hidden "stash") back :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

I haven't cared for (but also didn't hate) Elena since she turned vamp, and I didn't miss her.  Kind of nice to see the storyline getting passed around and giving others a bit more screentime.  I think we'll hear about her a lot early on, but slowly, less and less.  I'm fine with that.

Oh, Ric.  I get where his poor broken heart is coming from, but all of this will end very poorly.  Way to slip it past Damon and Bonnie.  I mean, probably not too hard b/c they are quite preoccupied.  

The Plan was absurd.  If all you have to do is tear out their hearts, I don't see what the big deal is with them.  Klaus and friends would have made that happen by dinner time.  Also, we know the Heretics are "dangerous" (I think mostly b/c they are powerful, petulant old children coddled by their "mama"), so why would we think they wouldn't go off the rails, deal or no deal.  The Heretics are just douchy.   We haven't had a proper villain in a while.

Good Lord, are we blaming Bonnie for EVERYTHING?!  None of these other people made shitty decisions to get us to this place?  I get where Matt is coming from, but it was cold and I expect better from him.  Like many of you, I was struck by how gorgeous Kat is.  

Sigh.  Enzo.  I loved him, but I'm not sure what to do with him.  He's not particularly interesting or intriguing anymore.  I think much of that is his wishy washy "who's side nonsense" and his best work came from scenes with Damon, which we haven't seen in a while.  Now that he has "picked a side", I'm not sure where he goes from here.

Intrigued by the 3 years from now thing.  I too thought it was Caroline based on what we saw of the Vamp Slayer.  I'm willing to give this season a go.  Luckily, Heroes Reborn was terribly boring and poorly constructed, so I don't have anything on Thursday at 8.

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 1

Well that wasn't so bad...

I'm a little late to the party but I just watched and wanted to say that I enjoyed this more than I thought I would.

The show almost always crams too much in their season openers so I'm holding out hope that things will shape up more organically next week.

Loved Dalaric, Defan, and Bamon!

I'm open for steroline though I wish they left Caroline single for one episode. Then again, kinda happy we cleared that out of the way and now they're a couple and we can move on to bigger things. Bigger things being getting Caroline kidnapped by default now that she's officially a love interest!

What I didn't like was Alaric working to revive Jo. That's just... Did they have to go there? I mean there's enough going on with the heretics and the town and the flash forwards, I would have preferred to see Alaric just mourning like we thought he was.

The heretics are not that bad, but the plot is totally all over the place. None of it had time to sink in it was just bouncing between we're at peace! We're at war! Stop killing everyone! Let's Co exist but wait no let's fight back and kill one of them and leave him on the street!

The lesbian couple better be more fleshed out as the season goes on. And we better see them act like a real couple rather than some mean girls best friends who hold hands.

Glad to see Micheal Malarkey still stars...

(see what I did there?)

Edited by raytch
  • Love 1

I was switching between this and Heroes Reborn so I missed big chunks but was there a reason given why the Heretics were even staying in Mystic Falls, especially after the evacuation, rather than going off anywhere they pleased?

Nope. Not at all!

And wait weren't they impossible to kill just last season until Damon chopped kai's head off? Do they just heal from werewolf bites but die the same way as any other vamps?

Glad to see Micheal Malarkey still stars...

(see what I did there?)

Bwahahahaha. Good to see some things never change.

Nope. Not at all!

And wait weren't they impossible to kill just last season until Damon chopped kai's head off? Do they just heal from werewolf bites but die the same way as any other vamps?

I think it's the Interview with A Vampire rule. Vamps sleep in coffins when packed away and daylight isn't their friend. For supervamps like the heretics and the originals, daylight is irrelevant and stakes may or may not make a different but they all need hearts and they all need their heads. I think it's safe to assume if you have occasion to rip out their heart or rip off their head they'll be dead, dead, dead.

Totally agree. They didn't show the face for future shock factor and it was clearly a woman. Plus, she's been kidnapped by the Heretics, who will probably find a way to manipulate her/glamour her to go after Stefan until the end of the season (is this the end of the series as well? I really hope so) in order to postpone Steroline's happily ever after.

Nah, it's not Caroline. In that case the mute heretic wouldn't have had an identical scar.

• Love 3

I didn't hate it.... but I do see we've given up on any possibility of making sense or small semblance of reality.

Any entire town evacuated with no problems or issues from people inside or outside?

If it's that easy to kill a heretic, why not kill them all that way?

And most importantly... Why oh why is Matt still hanging out with these people??

Like I said, didn't hate it however I have little faith in the TVD writing team to do justice to any "Lost" like storyline. 

• Love 1

About Bonnies magic capabilities. I think this time, this was meant to be a team effort from Bamon. A kind of distract and kill strategy, but, yeah, she should have been able to take him on her own all things being equal since heretics can only draw magic from themselves. Hell Bonnie should be able to kill them all single handedly since she has her magic back.

But Bonnie won't, because then the season or however long villains wouldn't stick around. One of the biggest issues with this show and I see this creeping into The Originals as well is that any villain that is supposed to last more than 2 episodes the protagonists are always more than capable of permanently removing or killing off if they would use the resources and abilities available to them remotely intelligently but they act like complete idiots and don't use what's available to them for little to no reason because the writers are so awful that doing that is the only way the writers can think of to keep these villains around until they either leave or the protagonists wise up and do what they should have been done from the beginning. Good writers would have made everybody fairly intelligent but the villains more so and thus the protagonists' efforts come to nothing because the villains outsmart them, and the fact that they don't is proof that TVD writers are anything but good ones.

That aside, if the characters would stop talking about Elena for 5 seconds I'd consider it a massive improvement that she isn't around. I'll give them this episode for now but if they keep it up it's going to be barely better than not having her around.

Edited by immortalfrieza
  • Love 2

Finally got around to watching the premiere. Besides KG looking luminous and more beautiful then ever and Ric and Damon adventuresin boozing 'round the world, best part of the ep was the previouslies featuring Kai, that spleen stealing bastard.

I do not give a flying fuck about the Heretics, I'm already over them and Caroline being captured and no doubt tortured and this was just the premiere. Sigh.

• Love 4

I barely paid attention to the heretics.  Could care less.

Damn and Bonnie FTW.  I love them.  The fact that he's let go of Elena in favor of letting Bonnie live tells me how much he cares about Bonnie and I hope it tells her that too.  The fact that he called her his best friend was pretty telling.

Caroline pretending to be compelled was pretty funny though.

My apologies, but this is a little pet peeve of mine... It should be "COULDN'T care less". If you say you could care less, it means you do care and have the ability to care even less than you do now.

But I do agree that those heretics were completely uninteresting. Waste of time and hopefully don't get much more air time.

Well,show,it's been fun but I'm done. I miss the good days but I don't want any part of this mess.

I'm usually a really loyal fan no matter how bad a show gets, but I foresee this one being added to list after Supernatural. I don't think I can stick this one out. Which makes me a little sad because I LOVED the first few seasons. But this episode bored the life out of me. I found the last season hard tog et through and hoped the new season would start with a bang but instead I got a **meh**

• Love 1

I don't think the Witchpires have lost the ability to drain magic at all -- isn't that exactly what Malcolm was doing to Bonnie when Damon de-hearted him? I also don't think it will be that easy to kill the rest. What Damon and Bonnie did was use the element of surprise on a lone Heretic. I sincerely doubt it would work again, especially if the Heretics stick together from now on. They can't all siphon magic from Bonnie at once and stand still to get killed while doing so. Malcolm was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The only way to kill the Heretics is to take them all out at once (that is, if they don't want a revenge posse constantly chasing them), and since the bomb didn't work, I don't know how they'd be able to do it. As it is they've now got the whole group thirsting after the Mystic Falls gang.

Something that I'm hoping will make a reappearance is the spell Lucy Bennett (?) did for Katherine in season two -- Bonnie should link the Salvatore boys to their mother, so that any damage inflicted on them will affect her. It would be a fun way to explore how Lily's new family feels about the fact that she has two sons related to her by blood (as my mother likes to quote from Harry Potter "blood is ancient magic"), and that no matter how little she cares about them, she can't change the fact that they are her biological offspring as opposed to her replacement kids. I'd like to see the Heretic brats feeling insecure.

Edited by PinkRibbons
  • Love 4