Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Day One Of Twenty-Two Thousand, Give Or Take

Something that I'm hoping will make a reappearance is the spell Lucy Bennett (?) did for Katherine in season two -- Bonnie should link the Salvatore boys to their mother, so that any damage inflicted on them will affect her.

A good idea, but it would have to be only one way though, otherwise I'm pretty sure Lily would willingly kill herself to take out the brothers before long rather than be used as a weapon against her "children", she has never given a crap about her actual biological children. Lily has an obsessive attachment to those heretics despite their idiotic and defiant psychopathy so I'm betting she'd be willing to die to protect them if she had to.

• Love 2

I fear they will let the bitchy lesbian couple live for the whole season, because lesbians, but the other female is more interesting.  I think sneak attacks could work one at a time, but Bon Bon and Damon have to get coordinated.

Also, I didn't see it noted here, but I was disappointed in Damon's decision to sleep away the next X years.  If he is in a box, he can't help Bonnie if she needs him. Way to be a best friend, Dude!  Also, Alaric needs him.  Sleeping is selfish.

I don't think the Witchpires have lost the ability to drain magic at all -- isn't that exactly what Malcolm was doing to Bonnie when Damon de-hearted him? I also don't think it will be that easy to kill the rest. What Damon and Bonnie did was use the element of surprise on a lone Heretic. I sincerely doubt it would work again, especially if the Heretics stick together from now on. They can't all siphon magic from Bonnie at once and stand still to get killed while doing so. Malcolm was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The only way to kill the Heretics is to take them all out at once (that is, if they don't want a revenge posse constantly chasing them), and since the bomb didn't work, I don't know how they'd be able to do it. As it is they've now got the whole group thirsting after the Mystic Falls gang.

Something that I'm hoping will make a reappearance is the spell Lucy Bennett (?) did for Katherine in season two -- Bonnie should link the Salvatore boys to their mother, so that any damage inflicted on them will affect her. It would be a fun way to explore how Lily's new family feels about the fact that she has two sons related to her by blood (as my mother likes to quote from Harry Potter "blood is ancient magic"), and that no matter how little she cares about them, she can't change the fact that they are her biological offspring as opposed to her replacement kids. I'd like to see the Heretic brats feeling insecure.

Awesome! Let's try to get you on the writing staff :)

• Love 2

My guess is that Damon starts to fall for Bonnie and the guilt eats him up and that forces him to sleep until Elena comes back.

Or Damon just gets to the point where he's certain he's going to snap and kill Bonnie to get Elena back if he has to wait for her to just die naturally much longer so he goes to sleep to avoid it. That seems like something Damon would do.

Edited by immortalfrieza

So? If it was a choice between that or being tempted to end her life... It still means he was a good friend. Also Damon screws things up. It's probably for the best that he's not anywhere in Bonnie's life.

See, I thought being her "best friend" would stop the temptation to you know, murder her.

• Love 2

See, I thought being her "best friend" would stop the temptation to you know, murder her.

For a while yeah, but Damon has never had good impulse control and even if he did there's only so much a person can take. It's like a recovering alcoholic that has his best friend unintentionally constantly dangling a beer in front of his face all the time, at some point that alcoholic is just going to give in and have a drink no matter how strong willed he is.

• Love 1

Ok, I just marathoned all 6 seasons of this show, but I'm confused about the town shut down thing.

A) What's keeping The Heretics in Mystic Falls?

B) If everyone is gone, where do they get their blood supply from? No people and the hospital will run out of blood bags eventually.

I really don't understand the logic of Stefan's truce with Lily. Their grand plan was to kick all the humans out of Mystic Falls (except Matt, of course) and then Lily & the heretics plus Stefan, Caroline, and Matt were just going to hang out in Mystic Falls not killing each other? First of all, what's to stop any of the heretics from going the next town over for a fresh kill? And if the whole town is shut down, that means the hospital will no longer be operating which means their supply of blood bags will no longer be available. Were they all planning on draining every bunny within the city limits to stay alive? And if part of their negotiation was that any humans who wandered into Mystic Falls were fair game for the heretics to eat, why was Matt bothering to patrol after everyone left? It's not like he could stop the heretics from killing anyone since they were allowed to kill randos per LIly's agreement with Stefan. And how is that agreement fair? Anyone who stayed in town or wandered in isn't aware that they have "FREE MEAL" stamped on their forehead. They are just as innocent as the people who left town, but somehow Stefan thinks it's okay for those humans to be killed?

Ha, when Stefan said his scar re-opened so he knew she was near, I was like great, now Lady Voldemort is part of the story.

It's only been one episode and I'm already tired of the heretics. But hey, one down! I was cracking up at their "we're so invincible" speech. If all it takes is ripping out a heart, then they're just as vulnerable as human and vampires. Hell, Stefan could probably call Elijah and tell him that the heretics were being dishonorable or that they were using the wrong forks at dinner and he would drive over from New Orleans and rip out their hearts just on principle.

• Love 5
Hell, Stefan could probably call Elijah and tell him that the heretics were being dishonorable or that they were using the wrong forks at dinner and he would drive over from New Orleans and rip out their hearts just on principle.

Too funny.  Have these guys forgotten that Klaus and company are unkillable?  Wouldn't it have been smarter to make a deal with Elijah to kill the heretics?  Maybe Liv can share some brains from iZombie with our heroes.

• Love 1

I think the show is doing fine without Elena, but I'm disappointed in the Heretics. It would be nice to see a range of ages rather than just people in their 20s all the time. More to the point though, they follow the TVD tradition of having ancient, powerful, supernatural beings act like spoilt, petulant, selfish teens rather than being...wise or otherworldly or something. I hate the whole lot of them already.

I know it can't really happen because the two shows have to stay mostly separate, but one word from Caroline and Klaus would make the trip back to Mystic Falls and wipe the floor with them.

• Love 1

Damon doesn't have to fight the urge to kill her, he's fighting the urge to not save her. Killing her isn't an option and not because of Elena.

Do you mean because they are friends? Or because Damon knows he will be hated by all if he harms BonBon?