Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Patrick didn't always hate Sonny.  As a matter of fact he once asked Sonny to watch Emma because Robin wasn't home and Patrick had to to run to the hospital.  He started hating Sonny after Sonny shot Dante but he has warmed up to him the last few months.  

Everything having to do with Carly at the wedding was a huge WTF with me. I hated Sonny being there but get it because of Robin. Of course, Patrick seeming to really care about Sonny killed me. I don't recall him ever being a fan.

Why is Dr O still the chief of staff? I mean seriously. Why hasn't this fuckery been corrected already? She's not an actual doctor - she's an evil doctor!

It breaks my cold black heart whenever I see Michael and Sonny in scenes. One of the few good things Ron ever did was have Michael finally dump the Moobster and his mom. Of course, it all got taken back. Because Sonny.

I wish someone, anyone could explain to me why Sonny the mobster is the be all and end all in this town. And on a soap named General Hospital. He's a mobster! He isn't a hero and he isn't a nice guy. Uggghhh.

I rather liked the scenes with Laura and Tracy.

Remember back in the day when this show treated mobsters like they were the bad guys? I miss those days.

• Love 18

Can we have anything besides love triangle/mobsters/zombie kids? I'll take a Sonny is a Hoarder story. Though, really it'd make more sense with Kiki. But I really like the idea of a main character gripping random stuff and yelling at Jason/Carly to get out. Also, if we have to have Not Dead Jake be in stories, recast him. He doesn't look like anyone's child and now he's creepy on twitter. They aimed for Kevin from We Need to Talk About Kevin and got Random Thug #3 from a Nickelodeon movie.

• Love 3

Remember back in the day when this show treated mobsters like they were the bad guys? I miss those days.

That's the hole Robert Guza dug, and the show's never been able (or willing?) to climb out of it.

• Love 14

For me, using Rebecca would be more of a way of using a bad character to fix a series of bad situations. The Qs are at a near all-time low, and while NL was terrible Emily should never have been killed. Rebecca and Hayden were/are both pointless characters, so why not use and retrofit them to fix a variety of problems? Everybody suspected Rebecca was initially planned to be Emily Q, so why not make her that? Hayden is Rebecca, Rebecca doesn't know she's Emily after all. Done, done and done. And you get a very different kind of Emily when it's all said and done.

Despite her horrid introduction Budig has chemistry with TC and others (JE) which I am not so quick to discard on a ravaged canvas. So I'd make her a fractured sort of Emily and make her work for me.

• Love 8

I stopped watching AMC a long time before it ended. Is there any way what Tracy said about Hayden's sordid past could fit with Hayden being Greenlee? I was half-expecting that, and I would have laughed. 

If it wasn't for the whole damn Prospect Park fiasco, why not.

Oh goodie. Another secret everyone but the viewers know. It didn't work the last time, Show, and it's not working here. If fact, we *still* don't know Rosalie's (and Brad's) secret. And being married to each other isn't it.

So, what's the over/under for forced references in dialogue to the College Football National Championship on ESPN? I go with 5.5, two of them in scenes with Sonny.

• Love 1

"Because... The Lie" is my new "It's AJ's fault/It's Ava's Fault".

And for me, I feel like Liez hasn't been blamed for anything. Both Patrick and Robin hugged her and talked about how hard this has been FOR HER. Monica, Tracy, Michael, none of them have said Boo to her. The only people to confront her have been Jason & Carly, so I'm really failing to see how she's some town pariah, even though her triflin ass keeps whining about it. She's still got the majority POV in this storyline now that demon child is stalking his own damn self, and they're fittin to tie their favorite new character Franco to her.

None of the Sam spoilers have panned out, she's basically twisting in the wind when they don't have her making moon eyes at Jason. The only reason I wanted Jasam is because I love Sam, and that's what she wants. Personally I wish she'd run across Curtis and let him toss her up. Now they would have some pretty, pretty babies!

• Love 12

So, what's the over/under for forced references in dialogue to the College Football National Championship on ESPN? I go with 5.5, two of them in scenes with Sonny.

At least one of them will have to be from Val -- she and her mother used to watch college football on Saturdays and always wished there'd be a championship series. She's just grateful that her mom got to see OSU win the first one before she died. 

• Love 3

And for me, I feel like Liez hasn't been blamed for anything. Both Patrick and Robin hugged her and talked about how hard this has been FOR HER. Monica, Tracy, Michael, none of them have said Boo to her. The only people to confront her have been Jason & Carly, so I'm really failing to see how she's some town pariah, even though her triflin ass keeps whining about it. She's still got the majority POV in this storyline now that demon child is stalking his own damn self, and they're fittin to tie their favorite new character Franco to her.

None of the Sam spoilers have panned out, she's basically twisting in the wind when they don't have her making moon eyes at Jason. The only reason I wanted Jasam is because I love Sam, and that's what she wants. Personally I wish she'd run across Curtis and let him toss her up. Now they would have some pretty, pretty babies!

I really don't think Jake is stalking himself. I think he absolutely saw someone on NYE.

Also Liz hasn't said anything about being the town pariah since Franco brought it up at the Christmas party. She's not walking around talking about how everyone hates her.

• Love 1
The only people to confront her have been Jason & Carly, so I'm really failing to see how she's some town pariah, even though her triflin ass keeps whining about it.

That's the problem with keeping characters in bubbles. I'm not sure Tracy needs to rail at Liz—a comment about her to someone else is enough for me—but Michael and Monica certainly deserve their say. But LC's appearances during the Nutcracker Ball put her over this year's minimum, so we won't see her, and Michael is too busy moping about not being the father of Sabrina's big unborn baby to care about Jason. 

You'd never know Michael had a stake in this if you didn't know the history. It's pathetic. But if he's not going to hold a grudge against his father for killing his bio dad, lying about it, and screwing Ava on said dead father's crypt, Liz lying about Jason is nothing.

Who or what was "cake"? I've seen reference to it but must have been on a break from the show.

Connie stabbed an innocent chocolate cake at her wedding? Sonny's birthday celebration? at the MetroCourt; it was a hate crime against baked goods.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

My guess is that the writers believe that their fans will accept many of these characters regardless of whatever crap the show throws at them so .. why bother with decent writing, right

Bingo. And honestly I think it's true. The people who love Sonny still do even after her murdered AJ; the people who love Liz still do even after she lied; the people who love Sam still do even after she had Liz's kids taken or whatever.

+1

You'd never know Michael had a stake in this if you didn't know the history. It's pathetic. But if he's not going to hold a grudge against his father for killing his bio dad, lying about it, and screwing Ava on said dead father's crypt, Liz lying about Jason is nothing.

Yea, I think that since they had Michael become a Sonny ass kisser again it would be really hard for me to accept it if he was putting Liz on blast now.

• Love 3

When has Anna ever giggled over shooting Carlos?

I think whenever they have Franco making wacky jokes is the show excusing him. "Look at Franco being hilarious! Isn't he funny! Don't you love him now!"

Perhaps giggling carried it a bit far, but she sure had a big grin on her face at one point during her conversation with Mac about blowing Carlos away.

Who or what was "cake"? I've seen reference to it but must have been on a break from the show. Thanks:)

In the spring of 2012, Connie destroyed Sonny's birthday cake. 

• Love 2

On the one had, I want to see what KeMo and BM can do together. On the other hand, I wouldn't be against them putting Sam with a different man, a man who is only interested in her. Because really, fuck this Jasam vs Jiz shit. If this is what the future holds then I need for Sam to remove herself from this fuckery pronto. 

• Love 12

I'm reading a recap, and oh my God, this show

maxie says Dante was wrong to do
what he did but he is Rocco father he woud be upset if he knew you
left him for this criminal..Lulu won;t sleep with Johnny.. Maxie is like
things will be over with Dante if he finds Johnny hiding here.

Why in the HELL is the onus on Lulu for making this right?? grrr

• Love 10

Those who liked the idea of Jordan/Andre (like me) are probably going to get them as an item.  I'm not sure if opening credits mean anything, but I noticed Andre now in the opening right beside Jordan.  Maybe Anna and/or Curtis are the third wheels?

LOL how dare Robin/Patrick take off before Sonny starts walking. He is so damn selfish. But what else is new.

I laughed when Johnny asked Maxie how her daughter was. 

Sam looked pretty today. Love her in red and her hair looked cute.

This zombie Jake story is so BORING. 

• Love 7

Jason didn't ping-pong back and forth between them until RC decided to do the baby switch story in 2011. Prior to that Luz hadn't figured in their relationship since 2006.

I wouldn't mind seeing either of them in a new relationship if the writers were going to commit to it but they won't and I'm really not up for another baby lie/baby switch to break them up

• Love 2

Jason didn't ping-pong back and forth between them until RC decided to do the baby switch story in 2011. Prior to that Luz hadn't figured in their relationship since 2006.

I wouldn't mind seeing either of them in a new relationship if the writers were going to commit to it but they won't and I'm really not up for another baby lie/baby switch to break them up

Liz and Jason were together after 2006, so that's not true.

the people who love Sam still do even after she had Liz's kids taken or whatever.

except for Jason, who threatened to kill Sam if she ever messed with Liz or her kids. Jason's sooooo dreamy

#FallinLovewithGH

• Love 3

Where is the real Lulu Spencer? What was that nonsense today? Maxie too. Who cares if Dante doesn't ever forgive Lulu for harboing Johnny, what does it matter at all? Lulu is the one who is supposed to be forgiving Dante, Dante is the one who should be begging and pleading for her forgiveness. Instead Johnny's the only voice of reason while Maxie/Lulu all worry and care about Dante's reaction?

Tell Dante to go to hell! Lulu showed no self respect and was just pathetic today. Maxie also showed no real defense of her supposed best friend, instead she was also more worried about Dante and pushing Lulu back to that cheater who is still spending time with Valerie.

I need the real Lulu Spencer to show up.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 7

This stuff with DNAJ is so boring. $10 says the brat set this whole thing up.

The Maxie/Lulu/Johnny scenes were so ridiculous. First, after all the lies Maxie has told and all the schemes she's committed, she's threatening to turn in Johnny so the talking tree won't get mad? Really? Fuck him. How about you mind your business, walk out the door, and pretend you never saw Johnny. Second, I don't know what the fuck she was talking about in regards to Dante being mad at Lulu but she needs to shut the fuck up. Seriously, just shut your ass up. Third, Lulu needs to fuck Johnny on Dante's desk and stop playing. 

• Love 7

Liz and Jason were together after 2006, so that's not true.

Jason and Sam broke up in 2006, they weren't in a relationship. When they got back together in 2009, Liz didn't figure in their relationship. She wasn't part of their story again until RC started. Before that there just wasn't much interaction between Jason/Sam and Liz.

But if they ever pair Jason up with a child bride, it'll be Joss not Emma

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

Something is definitely askew with the universe when Maxie is the voice of reason, but, yes, Lulu, yes.  You are the parent of a child, who should be your first consideration, so risking going to jail to harbor Johnny is not a smooth move.  She won't risk Dante's job because he is Rocco's father, but she'll risk her freedom?  Makes sense to me!  Not.  Not cool trying to get Maxie, another parent of a child, to do the same.

That hat of Johnny's has got to go.

So Hayden wants Nicholas to marry her and sign over ELQ to her, to protect its assets, then suggests a pre-nup to soothe his fears?  He'd have to be the one to sign it, though, because Hayden would be the one with the assets.  Makes sense to me!

These HWs are certainly working overtime trying to garner sympathy for poor woobie Sonny.  That doctor couldn't have been more of a contrivance with his attitude.  I wonder if the "brilliant" doctor Lucas called is going to be a new cast member.

• Love 3

Jason and Sam broke up in 2006, they weren't in a relationship. When they got back together, Liz didn't figure in their relationship. She wasn't part of their story again until RC started. Before that there just wasn't much interaction between Jason/Sam and Liz.

Actually, when Liz was pregnant, she was in their orbit, so to speak. Honestly, after Liz learned she was pregnant, I pretty much zoned out on that storyline, because Kelly had renegotiated her contract, and wasn't leaving after all. It was all about Robin and Patrick for me then.

Where have I seen that day player doctor before? He looked so familiar.

Where is the Liz/Jason/DNAJake intruder whatever story going? And does anyone care?

The Nik/Hayden stuff is now impossible to watch. So fucking dumb.

I can't with Lulu anymore. Bitch just fuck Johnny and be done with it you idiot! This story sucks more and more each day.

LUCAS SIGHTING! And now he won't be seen again until March.

My fave character in today's show was the day player cop. He seemed cool.

I was not a fan of Sam's outfit. Or lipstick. 

Where is this Kristina story going? Like what is the point? Also, no thanks on the Kristina/Alexis sex talk. Ew.

• Love 4

Day player doctor looked like TAWP Bill Buchanan on 24. And while I appreciated him throwing shade at Sonny, I can also say with absolute certainty that I would have done the same thing as Sonny did in that situation.

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 1

Yup, and I just don't see any true competition really.  Yeah. Jason went back to Liz in 06-07? for like, 2 months,  but in the end he ultimately married Sam and chose Sam almost every time.  He had another chance to be with Liz in 2012 and he turned her down cold because he was in love with is wife.  Liz had to LIE about his identity and he had to LOSE HIS MEMORY for her to even have another chance, so yeah....not seeing any competition.   YMMV obviously, but that's how I see it.  IF he doesn't get all his memories back, I COULD potentially see more Liason in the future....but as long as Sam is around, I just don't think anyone else is a threat.   It was the same way with Sam, as long as Jason is around, I don't think anyone else is a true threat.  Their dialogue, their history, it's just show canon. They are each others soulmates.

This Jake shit is agonizing.  That poor child is terrible.  He is adorable as all get out, but he is terrible onscreen.  And he is definitely the one doing this. 

I thought for sure Sam was headed to GH to FINALLY go see her damn cousin and slap that bandage right of his neck.  But no of course not.   I am seriously flabbergasted by that whole dropped story line.  That shit is pure soap and writes itself.  So of course they haven't written it.  Sam hasn't shared a scene with Nikolas since the wedding.  2 MONTHS ago. They have to make sure Lulu is shamed some more, and the star crossed love of a man with the woman he TRIED TO MURDER is shown.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 14
(edited)

I thought for sure Sam was headed to GH to FINALLY go see her damn cousin and slap that bandage Maxi Pad right of his neck.  But no of course not.   I am seriously flabbergasted by that whole dropped story line.  That shit is pure soap and writes itself.  So of course they haven't written it.  Sam hasn't shared a scene with Nikolas since the wedding.  2 MONTHS ago. They have to make sure Lulu is shamed some more, and the star crossed love of a man with the woman he TRIED TO MURDER is shown.

There you go, mybabyaidan! Fixes that for you!  And I totally agree, that I can't believe Sam hasn't ripped into Nik yet.

And even though it's moot, that Robin didn't have any scenes with him, or with Laura!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4