Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I understand that, I think it's just that some (like myself) would love to see the daughter of super agents Robert and Anna save herself. If the evil doers in hot pursuit happen to run into/piss off Anna, Dante, Jordan and others as Robin crash lands in front of her mother, that would be appreciated. I wanna see Anna be a mom and knock some people out because she sees people chasing or aiming at the daughter she claims to love so much.

I'm not saying I want Robin to be some helpless woman just waiting for someone to save her. She can be a badass and plan her own escape and meet Jason at the door. But this show has spent more than a year with NO ONE caring about her. I want people to care. I want Jason to CARE that she sacrificed her life for him. Or this story is just disgusting. Yes, let's lock a woman away while she tries to save Jason, Patrick, Emma, Anna's lives and no one cares! That's a wonderful tale, lol.

• Love 11

When Robin said that JASON knows she would never willingly leave her family, that was just SAD. But her mother and family don't know that. Sigh.

Did Patrick tell Robin about Jason looking different/having amnesia?  Because I took it more as she is holding out hope for Jason to find her because he was with her at Crichton-Clark and knows what went down.

Edited by TeeVee329

Did Patrick tell Robin about Jason looking different/having amnesia?  Because I took it more as she is holding out hope for Jason to find her because he was with her at Crichton-Clark and knows what went down.

I'd pay someone a whole head of groats if Jason showed up with his new face (and body, and voice, and hair...) and Robin, having set a trap and ready to fight for her freedom, goes full out escapee crazy on him.

"Ahhh! Another new bastard! You're going down!"

Then she can try and take him out while he attempts to keep her at bay and tell her he's really Jason, the really real one, while she threatens him with a needle full of something that would put him out of my misery.

• Love 5

I'd pay someone a whole head of groats if Jason showed up with his new face (and body, and voice, and hair...) and Robin, having set a trap and ready to fight for her freedom, goes full out escapee crazy on him.

"Ahhh! Another new bastard! You're going down!"

Then she can try and take him out while he attempts to keep her at bay and tell her he's really Jason, the really real one, while she threatens him with a needle full of something that would put him out of my misery.

Ooooh, a Robin/Jason scene I could watch happily!

• Love 2

Did Patrick tell Robin about Jason looking different/having amnesia? Because I took it more as she is holding out hope for Jason to find her because he was with her at Crichton-Clark and knows what went down.

No, he never got that far in the phone call. And you may be right, she also knows that Jason's the only one who saw her last.

Edited by HeatLifer

They brought Robin back to worship at the St.Jasus's feet? Wow, that scene where she basically gloats at how smart mobster Jason is (as opposed to her husband/mother) and will find them and save her, kill them was like Steve was still in the role and Guza was still writing. 

• Love 4

They brought Robin back to worship at the St.Jasus's feet? Wow, that scene where she basically gloats at how smart mobster Jason is (as opposed to her husband/mother) and will find them and save her, kill them was like Steve was still in the role and Guza was still writing.

Hey, she included Anna! ;) I would have laughed and then cried if she said Patrick was going to get her after how he's been written in relation to her, though.

Why is Patrick more upset at the mention of Sam and Danny than he was after he heard someone tried to kidnp his daughter?

The would be kidnapper and Emma gave us some painful acting.

Lucas: your husband's gonna abuse you, so let's give him some innocent person to abuse.

Carly should push Sonny off a cliff.

I don't think Ava and Paul have much chemistry. I loved her telling Morgan to run home and calling him a tool.

I actually liked today's show. Tomorrow is the return of Nina, Kiki, the serial killer, plucky cadet Val and idiot Dante, so I'd better enjoy the feeling while I can.

And I guess we're supposed to think the abusive way Sonny is treating Carly is because of his frustration with being paralyzed, but...he always treats her like this.

Well, Lucas definitely wasn't acting like it was out of the norm, so at least there's that.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
And I guess we're supposed to think the abusive way Sonny is treating Carly is because of his frustration with being paralyzed, but...he always treats her like this.

Well, Lucas definitely wasn't acting like it was out of the norm, so at least there's that.

No, but it's scary that everyone just shrugs it off. "Oh, that's just Sonny, that abusive scamp!" Ugh.

I liked today, too. I missed most of last week, so that probably helped. Heh.

• Love 3

Today's Patrick-Emma scenes broke my heart. Brooklyn Rae Silzer has always been a talented little actress, but today she hit her scenes out of the ballpark, I could completely feel the frustration and sadness that Emma was feeling and I think that's always the goal of an impressive actor - to make the viewer feel what your character is feeling.  

I'm sad that Jason Thompson is leaving, because him and Brooklyn have some real screen chemistry.

• Love 8

No, but it's scary that everyone just shrugs it off. "Oh, that's just Sonny, that abusive scamp!" Ugh.

I liked today, too. I missed most of last week, so that probably helped. Heh.

I don't think he sounded like he was shrugging it off, he just knows it's no use arguing with Carly.

Why is Patrick more upset at the mention of Sam and Danny than he was after he heard someone tried to kidnp his daughter?

I want to know why Patrick is never held accountable for anything. He told his daughter that her mother LEFT THEM (knowing fully what Robin has been through) and moved Sam in his home after dating for FOUR MONTHS. And that was less than a year/a year after he nearly married Sabrina. But daddy's perfect to Emma! Puh-lease.

• Love 3

I normally cant stand Emma but her scenes with Patrick were sad. I loved Tracy in the park.

Liz is such a crazy bitch. Went over to Sams house to tell her to stay away from her finance. I love when Sam pointed out that it was her husband. 

Sonny continues to be an abusive asshole. Its bad when I feel bad for Carly. Also Morgan doesnt help in not telling Sonny off for the way he treats his mother.

• Love 6
Sonny continues to be an abusive asshole. Its bad when I feel bad for Carly

The sad thing is that Sonny is like this regardless of whether he's in a wheelchair or standing on his own two feet. He prides himself on not physically abusing women but his emotional abuse is worse than any character I've seen. I wish the show and character would just own it. 

I did feel for Carly today. Her line about Sonny not being able to reach the scotch will save them a fortune in broken barware made for a good laugh, though. 

• Love 18
I don't think he sounded like he was shrugging it off, he just knows it's no use arguing with Carly.

Which is kind of shrugging it off, but I get what you mean.

Her line about Sonny not being able to reach the scotch will save them a fortune in broken barware made for a good laugh

That and Avery's enthusiastic "Yes!" to going to the aquarium (which, what?!) were my favorite parts of the show.

I thought BLS did a nice job, and I've always loved the chem she has with JT and KMc.

• Love 3

I guess, but he didn't exactly score points with me by suggesting Carly throw some poor unfortunate soul into Sonny's path.

The sad thing is that Sonny is like this regardless of whether he's in a wheelchair or standing on his own two feet. He prides himself on not physically abusing women but his emotional abuse is worse than any character I've seen. I wish the show and character would just own it. 

I did feel for Carly today. Her line about Sonny not being able to reach the scotch will save them a fortune in broken barware made for a good laugh, though. 

Didn't Carly actually have a monologue once where Sonny claimed he hadn't abused her and she retorted that he for sure emotionally abused her?

• Love 4

I guess, but he didn't exactly score points with me by suggesting Carly throw some poor unfortunate soul into Sonny's path.

Didn't Carly actually have a monologue once where Sonny claimed he hadn't abused her and she retorted that he for sure emotionally abused her?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure someone posted it in the history thread somewhere.

That someone was me!

Carly: Can't you--can't you still hear us? I mean, I can. I can hear the yelling, and things breaking. I can hear you calling me a faithless whore, screaming at the top of your lings that I'm worthless. I've never seen anyone get as angry as you, and your rage, Sonny. Your rage is overwhelming. You zero in on what's weak in someone and you hammer away. You dismantle it, piece by piece, and I look back and I'm horrified at myself. Horrified that I put up with it, that I rationalized it, and that I participated in it. But that was my illness. I stayed with you and I let it happen over and over again, the vicious cycle, and you know what, Sonny? It's called abuse.
  • Love 17
I actually liked today's show. Tomorrow is the return of Nina, Kiki, the serial killer, plucky cadet Val and idiot Dante, so I'd better enjoy the feeling while I can.

Don't let ulkis see you calling Dante an idiot.

Oh wait, nevermind.

• Love 5

Carly: Can't you--can't you still hear us? I mean, I can. I can hear the yelling, and things breaking. I can hear you calling me a faithless whore, screaming at the top of your lings that I'm worthless. I've never seen anyone get as angry as you, and your rage, Sonny. Your rage is overwhelming. You zero in on what's weak in someone and you hammer away. You dismantle it, piece by piece, and I look back and I'm horrified at myself. Horrified that I put up with it, that I rationalized it, and that I participated in it. But that was my illness. I stayed with you and I let it happen over and over again, the vicious cycle, and you know what, Sonny? It's called abuse.

Really? I am so mad I missed this. This is how Sonny's bipolar should be played. This is what we do, what I do (or did before meds and therapy...why doesn't Sonny go to Therapy?)  "You zero in on what's weak....and you hammer away".

I teared up reading this for all the years I was Sonny. Maurice knows better , I like him less for not having the acting guts to play this all the time 24/7 cause the truth is as a bipolar sufferer he is playing it 24/7.

• Love 3

I skipped a lot of this ep because I was busy but still it was pretty good.

I normally hate Emma and the actress' acting but she was very good today. Like that was good even if she was an adult, not just for a child. And I loved that Tracy came over to help her.

The fact that Sam didn't punch Liz square in the face is amazing to me. I admire her restraint. That being said, BH plays bitch so very well. When she's playing all innocent with her sniffling baby voice I hate her acting, but when she goes full on insane bitch, I love her.

• Love 6

I legit can not figure it out either. It's super bizarre to me. Which on this show is really saying something.

It honestly reminds me a lot of how JP's work on ATWT was whenever I (rarely) tried to watch that show - slapdash, throwing shit against the wall. We say that a lot about Frank or Ron's GH and it's true but it was different at ATWT - even more artificial, and while RC's team clearly loved many terrible ideas or characters there was clearly no love behind any of Passanante's ATWT. Their pacing and structure made a lot of Ron's GH look sedate. They'd come up with something and drop it in a matter of weeks. A lot of that was surely also on their controlling EP, Chris Goutman, but it was just totally scattershot and ADHD, and when they would tell some stories it seemed muddled as to whether you were really expected to care about this paper-thin or terrible person who might disappear in two weeks. One month Tom Pelphrey is playing longtime villain James Stenbeck who's had his brain transplanted into a new hunky body with a microchip, the next Pelphrey is a dupe and then he's gone. One month Roger Howarth's Paul Ryan is a sulking antihero, the next a cardboard villain, the next he too has a microchip in his head that explains his evil, and then he just wants easygoing love with someone completely different. That's what the weird tone of the Paul/Ava 'romance' reminds me of.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

Liez confronted Sam. Liez told Sam to give Jason space. Liez told Jason's wife to give Jason space so he can decide what he wants. Sam proceeded to not punch Liez in the face, throat, chest, stomach and vagina. Like...bitch, Bitch? Like...excuse me? Sam should have slashed her face. I want this broke down cockroach to loose EVERYTHING. I want Sam to push Dead Now Alive Jake down some stairs and claim self defense. 

• Love 10

Does anyone know where Robin is being held? It doesn't seem to be Cassadine Island since there is a room number (1340) outside the lab that she is stuck in.

The writers don't even know! Maybe they do, I know KMc said, she was waiting to see who was holding her this time.

I finally watched Friday's episode and watched today's because my girl was on. Patrick is still a prick. Brooklyn did good today. I'm happy because she was a little cloying in Friday's episode with Spencer.

The sets and lighting still look like shit. Everything looks like small dark boxes.

Someone please get my girl out of those ugly oversized black fucking scrubs. It kills me how they all ways want to grump up KMc /Robin. Reminds me of how the dressed Laura in the 90's.

Really didn't care about anything else which let's me know I'm actually done unless my girl is on.

• Love 1

He really is, though. I reaaallly didn't like that "I'll never leave you!" line to Emma. As if Sam and Robin are these big bad women who left them and he's all woobie and innocent.

And it reaaaally sounds bad if JT's exit story is, as rumored, him leaving with Robin to get her help and them leaving Emma with Anna.

You know what I just realized? In the Liz and Sam bitchfest, Liz said she knew Sam came over to their house last night. Last night. Sam went to give Jason his bike the evening of the botched wedding.

So Patrick hasn't even given Sam twenty-four hours to recover from the emotional whiplash of her dead husband returning before he's acting all traumatized that Sam and Jason kissed and "What does this mean for us??!!" and "I can't do this, I have to protect myself and Emma, I can't wait around and be second choice." What a great guy you've got there, Sam.

• Love 4

And it reaaaally sounds bad if JT's exit story is, as rumored, him leaving with Robin to get her help and them leaving Emma with Anna.

You know what I just realized? In the Liz and Sam bitchfest, Liz said she knew Sam came over to their house last night. Last night. Sam went to give Jason his bike the evening of the botched wedding.

So Patrick hasn't even given Sam twenty-four hours to recover from the emotional whiplash of her dead husband returning before he's acting all traumatized that Sam and Jason kissed and "What does this mean for us??!!" and "I can't do this, I have to protect myself and Emma, I can't wait around and be second choice." What a great guy you've got there, Sam.

I'll vomit if that rumor is true. I'd rather Robin marry her guard.

I loooove how he's like "I have to think of Emma!!!!" Like, was he thinking of her when he moved Sam in after four months, let Danny call him "daddy" and then became engaged five months later???

• Love 2

I didn't see anything wrong with Patrick telling his traumatized daughter that he would never leave her. I didn't get the sense he was blaming Sam/Robin for it either.

It's not just solely about that one, standstill moment. It's the overall picture that Patrick does no wrong, is perfect, is the victim, is the sad, sad man who deserves to be happy, etc, etc, etc. And he's been written like this since 2012. I'm just personally over it.

• Love 2

In the Liz and Sam bitchfest, Liz said she knew Sam came over to their house last night. 

So Patrick hasn't even given Sam twenty-four hours to recover from the emotional whiplash of her dead husband returning before he's acting all traumatized that Sam and Jason kissed and "What does this mean for us??!!" and "I can't do this, I have to protect myself and Emma, I can't wait around and be second choice."

What gets me is that while yes, Liz and Patrick are being awful and pathetic, they look almost like the good ones in comparison to Nik's scenes today. He sneers at Jason immediately when Jason comes to see him and is angry, keeps lying to his face, is remorseless, and then (to Hayden) implies he'll do whatever he needs to do to keep Jason from taking ELQ away. It seemed to me like he truly does not give a damn how his future actions toward Jason could hurt Sam or Elizabeth.

• Love 2

What gets me is that while yes, Liz and Patrick are being awful and pathetic, they look almost like the good ones in comparison to Nik's scenes today. He sneers at Jason immediately when Jason comes to see him and is angry, keeps lying to his face, is remorseless, and then (to Hayden) implies he'll do whatever he needs to do to keep Jason from taking ELQ away. It seemed to me like he truly does not give a damn how his future actions toward Jason could hurt Sam or Elizabeth.

I would more closely equate Liz with Nik rather than Patrick in terms of behavior. There's no way she has any actual remorse for anything if she can honestly turn things around on Sam (who is being rather annoying herself) to make herself out to be some kind of victim.

Patrick's being a big baby right now, but Liz and Nik both knowingly contributed into the giant clusterfuck Jake/Jason turned into.

• Love 5

Nikolas is indeed being super smug and unremorseful.  And you just know that if Rebecca Budig succeeds in getting ELQ away from him, he will act all BETRAYED, never mind that he tried to have her killed.

I still cannot believe that Sam or Alexis or, hell, Molly haven't kicked down the door at Wyndemere and demanded answers from him.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Admittedly I gave up on watching soap operas regularly years ago, like 2007 maybe. So maybe if I was a faithful, day in and day out viewer I might view somethings differently because for now, I'm not really sure how Sam is being so awful or whiny and Jason should choose himself because she's just as annoying as Liz, etc. The woman just found out her husband she mourned for however long, that she was sure was dead, is actually alive. As someone noted, it's been a day since this was all revealed and she should be doing what exactly? I think Sam is being remarkably calm about all of this.

Yes she got emotional about her husband and father of her child essentially saying he doesn't remember her but she let him leave and is still just trying to make sense of everything. Then as she's trying to do that, the nutjob who is so desperate for Jason she'll take him with no memory since it's the only way she can have him, comes to her demanding she, Sam, give him space and leave him alone. As someone said, I too cannot understand the fact that Sam did not backhand that bitch right out of the house. 

• Love 13

This reminds me of one of my favorite unintentional comedy gold scenes of all time: during the masquerade ball at Wyndemere when the guests were all stranded on Spoon Island with a killer because a storm didn't allow the boats to come...and Jason jet-skied over, complete with bad special effects of rain and wind whipping in his face.

Good times, good times...

And the hair.  Oh, God, the hair.  

My favorite part was how he's too lazy to man up and order his own damn flowers and, maybe, I don't know, call her himself and apologize?  What an asshole. 

The best part of the episode, for me, was that the grandchild of Robert and Anna Scorpio knows to scream "stranger danger!" and fight off an abductor.  (Yes, she shouldn't have fallen for the "lost puppy" routine in the first place, but at least she knew how to get out of the situation.)  Bonus points that it was Tracy who came to her rescue when she yelled out and not Jason, Carly, or Sonny.  (Can you just see Sonny yelling for Max to wheel him over faster?)  

I don't even care what Liz does anymore, because the trashing of her becomes more ridiculous by the scene, I'm just going to enjoy Becky playing the hell out of her scenes.  

I cackled at the Patrick/Sam scenes, but that's probably not a good thing.  And while I'm no Sam fan, I thought it was pretty shitty of Patrick to not let her know why he was running out after Tracy's call.  She cares about Emma, and you've planted her into Emma's life as her stepmother.  You don't ignore that bond because you're pissy with her.  

• Love 11
BH plays bitch so very well. When she's playing all innocent with her sniffling baby voice I hate her acting, but when she goes full on insane bitch, I love her.

TPTB at GH better make sure Becky gets an Emmy pre-nom this year, at the very least.  She is taking the shit she is being given and turning it into gold.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 6
My favorite part was how he's too lazy to man up and order his own damn flowers and, maybe, I don't know, call her himself and apologize?  What an asshole.

I know! And he basically has Morgan write the apology note. Like Morgan can spell. Or knows what an apology is.

• Love 8

Okay, clearly I was wrong. I thought that Sonny and even Morgan would piss me off the most today. No way. That title belongs to that trick, Liz. I cannot BELIEVE she had the sheer, unmitigated gall to show up at Sam's and dictate to her in her home, how she was supposed to interact or rather not interact with her husband and the father of their child. I mean, I can believe it, because it's Liz but still. I just...damn. I want Sam to beat her ass up. I literally want her lying ass strangled, not to kill her but to choke the life out of her until she gets the message to stop her damn lies. Yeah, full on rage there.

Carly deserves everything she's getting from that prick of a guy she calls her husband. She should leave his ass, but of course she won't. She had a good guy, and she treated him like shit. So no, I can't and won't feel sorry for her. And while I'm glad for family scenes and especially seeing the fine specimen that is Lucas, I can't stomach him being all fawning over Carly. LW was great though.

Patrick, shut up. You left your daughter alone in a park to get kidnapped. Thank god your cool former wife taught her those Scorpio skills. No show, sorry I don't believe that Patrick and Sam of the Barney "we're a happy family" have been teaching Emma about stranger danger enough to ignore where she really got those skills from. And if Sam wants to go back to Jason, too fucking bad for you. Now the shoe's on the other foot. Not that I felt bad for Sabrina.

Tracy was pretty kickass today. I liked that Hayden wasn't going to let her get the complete upper hand. And women working together, awesome. I'm glad Rebecca Budig gets to work with such fine talent.

I could still see a hint of the old spark that BC and MW have, but I hate Morgan so much I'm so glad they're not going there anymore. Maura looked really pretty today.

Later, Jason. Speed on out of town. AND DON'T COME BACK.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 9

I could still see a hint of the old spark that BC and MW have, but I hate Morgan so much I'm so glad they're not going there anymore. Maura looked really pretty today.

If she actually used him for info like he always complained she did, I could get behind that. I thought he was going to leave a bug in one of the toys but I guess that would be too much for Morgan.

• Love 2

I agree that Liez was really outrageous for warning Sam away from Jason, prancing over to Sam's house even to deliver the ultimatum, but Sam is  shocking too for being all over another man (Jason), kissing him while wearing the expensive engagement ring from Patrick. Sam wants her cake and to eat it too. She wants to keep the cozy arrangement she has with Patrick but still dangle herself out there to entice Jason back from Liez. Sam does have a prior claim on Jason legally as his wife, but if she wants Jason back she should make plans to move out of Patrick's home immediately and return his ring. Then wait independently. It's a risk, because she could lose both Patrick and Jason, but it is the honest and honorable thing to do. If she breaks up with Patrick and lives alone with Danny, she and Jason can have more privacy to talk and work things out. It might accelerate her reunion with Jason, since they could kiss and make love. If she continues to hang on to Patrick, they will all be stuck in a painful triangle.

Telling Patrick that she and Jason kissed was a hurtful and almost sadistic act. Patrick has his flaws, but Sam was being cruel and should have known better.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 5

Telling Patrick that she and Jason kissed was a hurtful and almost sadistic act. Patrick has his flaws, but Sam was being cruel and should have known better.

No, she was being honest. Anyone in a mature relationship would have done the same thing by telling him. And Sam would have been villified if she had hidden it from him.

• Love 14

Sam witnessed Patrick making out with Robin at his almost wedding to Sabrina - why wouldn't she think he would understand? Hell, why didn't she bring that up today?

God I hate what they have done to the character of Patrick. There are so many better ways to write this story without completely destroying the character.

I will however admit that I like the family chemistry of Patrick, Emma and Robin. The three of them together seem like a family.

And Emma is a freaking Scorpio - I have no doubts her survival skills come from that side of the family and not Sam.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 9

And Emma is a freaking Scorpio - I have no doubts her survival skills come from that side of the family and not Sam.

Not that Sam can't kick some ass herself, and she's definitely a survivor in every sense of the word. But yes, again trying to sell this family schtick of Samtrick, Emma and Danny is just...as Emma would say, witch please.

• Love 8